Just Super (OOC)

[stabs=bcenter|800x500]
{slide=
synopsis
|center}
“Sometimes, it’s hard to handle change. Going from chasing around your child to watching them walk to the bus stop on their first day of high school, we know that change can be hard. Especially, when your idea of your child changes. Dealing with the idea that your child has the EVO Gene and started to develop strange side effects is difficult, but you’re not alone. There’s things that you can keep from changing. Introducing, NegaEVO. A supplement that has shown astonishing results of reducing your child’s chances of developing horrible side effects from the EVO Gen- (This product has not been tested or approved by the FDA. The percentage of reducing emergence of inhuman powers are reduced by 1.5% using this product. Side effects includes: dehydration, anemia, and high blood pressure. Please consult your doctor before taking NegaEVO...)”

It seems like there’s always an advertisement, political message, and news article in trying to “cure” the rising “genetic disorder” that’s reached global levels: the EVO Gene. In plain talk, the world’s seeing an emergence of the next human evolution in the form of “metahumans” or “supers.” What started as works of fiction in comic books has become an epidemic in controlling them. By controlling the problem, they assume that it’ll be easy to understand them. How far from the truth they are. The past two decades alone has seen a spike in the rise of children being born with the EVO Gene, causing a rise in fear, mass hysteria, and propaganda against them.

“People born with powers are dangerous.” “How can they still be human?” “They’re nothing more than monsters.”

Despite attempts to reform archaic ideas about metahumans, it’s done little to elevate them from “second-class citizens.” They’re screened before birth, trained to control their powers (in order to suppress them) as children, and growing up with the idea that everyone else sees them as “walking trouble.” No matter where they go, everyone knows what they are. Family. The government. Doctors. Schools. Your job. Most resign to their fate, doing what they can to be as human as possible and blend in (and not cause trouble). But, there’s a few that refuses to live this way. Some try to make right by the community by doing what they can to change the public’s mind about them through politics and peaceful rallies. However, no metahuman has been elected and most rallies wind up with mass arrests and news outlets reporting on the “riots.” A few do what they can to better themselves and others by going into law enforcement or the military, but there’s little care in them and the same hate follows them. Others can’t seem to find the “better life” good and decide to use their powers to turn a profit through crime. The rest… it’s become a growing crimewave.

Vigilantism.

TL;DR - You’re a metahuman and society hates you. Do you keep conforming, keeping your head low and going through life without another thought? Do you try to step up and make a difference as a police officer (and is struggling from the hate from all sides; coworkers and metahumans in the community)? Have you decided to say “fuck it” and become the “bad guys” the world sees you as? Or, are you going to try to become the Dark Knight or Man of Steel humans used to read about? Or, you're a human and you're against the very notion that a metahuman can be wholly trusted and understood. Or, you may be a one of the rare humans that sympathiszes with their cause. Feel free to use the 4 roles to interpret your human's motives.​
{/slide}
{slide=
rules
|center}
First of all, follow Iwaku rules. Second, read everything. Third, show some respect (for the users here). Fourth, don’t be a cuck.

Minimum post size is 2 paragraphs with dialogue bolded (and colored) and thoughts italicized. Post size will vary beyond that depending on the situation aka I expect more to be pumped out with character interaction or reacting to a shitstorm that’s been dropped. At the very least, include your character’s name in the post so we know who you’re posting as. For users that like to make fancy ass shit, keep in mind that bright colors can be illegible and having white/light backgrounds can make it hard to read posts if you don’t change your font color (since universal font color varies from theme to theme on this site).

Drawing/Anime only.

1 character per user (this section is applicable to change).

Make characters that are relevant to the thread. Keep in mind that this thread will deal with a different side of the superhero genre a la X-Men/Incredibles/Kick Ass/Other Shit I Forgot. For me, having a character that fits with the theme and setting of the thread is far more important than making Mary Sues. It has to believable that this character exists in a world where everyone is constantly looking down at them and is made up to be some “bad stereotype.” Sure, there’s going to be characters that are doing “better” than others or are more optimistic, but at least they acknowledge what’s going in in the world (or choose to live in ignorance).

There’s two races in this world: humans and metahumans. Metahumans are born with a mutation in their DNA referred as the EVOGene. Metahumans, along with having inhuman and strange abilities, other side effects include: being stronger, faster, higher endurance, and faster healing rate (half the time of a human’s). Every metahuman has 1 power (powerset). All metahumans carry ID that reveals they are metahumans (in the form of dog tags). All metahumans have to attend mandatory “training” to learn how to control and suppress their powers. It is illegal for metahumans to use their powers (unless they’re authorized such as police officers). I will not accept any other information that contradicts this (this section is applicable to change).

To refer to the previous, metahumans are above average in physical prowess. Unless you are specifically making a “super strong/super fast” character, I don’t want to see mentions of subpowers/powers of physical abilities.

The approach of powers will be a little different. Yes, all characters will only have one power, but that doesn’t mean it’s the only thing they can do aka a single power comes in the form of a powerset. A powerset has their main, single power and “subpowers/abilities” that compliment one another and makes sense. An example of this is someone with the power to manipulate fire AND they’re resistant to being burned. The Powerset section of the profile will be the most scrutinized section, so if you have any questions, throw them at me. I’d recommend checking out Superpower Wiki for help with power ideas and all that jazz. However, even if there’s an ability that I disapprove of in the Wiki, that doesn’t mean it’s going to fly. I have the final say whether your character is accepted (with 50% of a profile acceptance rests on Powerset).

Powers must have real weaknesses. At least one weakness must be a complete counter/nullify/fucks them over of a character’s power without using the usual excuses (can’t control it, gets worn out/tired, mental) AND “character with powers to negate powers/take them away.” To take the previous example, if someone can create fire, their main weakness should revolve around “water” and “no oxygen.” Another example is someone that absorbs kinetic energy either having specific parameters in absorbing it such as having to be hit and what not and/or if they can’t turn it off, they have to expel it in small quantities or they explode (and/or die). If there isn’t a good argument for a weakness, I will not accept the character. Keep in mind that a powerset you may have in mind may not make the cut because of this weakness clause.

No 2 characters will have the same power (unless you and another user got some good shit, then come talk to me).

In order to submit a character, copy/paste over the list of information I require for the thread and post them up in a separate thread like “Character Showcase” or “Testing.” You’re free to add more information and design a profile skeleton for your character (keep the rules about coding for posts in mind). Once completed, link me the profile page in the “Apps Thread” and tag me. If I give you a “Buckets of Rainbow” reaction, you’re character is good (sometimes I forget to respond, so rely on reaction for approval status). Send me a picture of your character after you’re done.

Added Rule. I don't mind if a user/users chooses to play a human character as long as they omit parts of the profile that pertains to metahumans and understand what kind of humans I expect in the thread. It's a rare and few number of having "sympathetic humans," so I expect most human profiles to be somewhat ignorant and bigoted towards metahumans. If you can eleaborate how a human has become a metahuman sympathsizer, then I may allow it.

Added Rule. For profiles, users have 2 chances to enter a thread. They may resubmit a character or make a different character. If the 2nd character/resubmit is declined, then the user will not be pemitted to join the thread.
{/slide}
{slide=
profile info
|center}
The following is a list of content and brief info on what I require for character profiles:

Full Name
   Alter Ego Name (for police, it’s their codename; for vigilante and criminals, it’s their alias)
   Nicknames
Role
   Police? Vigilante? Criminal? Citizen?

Faceclaim
   What character models are you using for your character? I need a name and 1 image reference linked in the profile.
Height
Weight
Description
   List or paragraph gform, what other physical characteristics do they have? Feel free to link up extra images of your character
Alter Ego Appearance
   For Vigilante and Criminals, what’s their “signature look” people may recognize them in? Make sure that it’d be hard to identify who they actually are.

Personality
   Feel free to list that shit
Biography
   Maximum of 3 paragraphs, summarize your character’s history. Emphasis on summarize.
Facts
   Give me ten facts about your character that hasn’t been covered by profile.

Powerset
   See rules about powers
   Weaknesses Should be in this section
Gear
   Tools that your character carries on them while they’re being a vigilante?
   Any charms they hold on to them that’s near and dear to their heart?
   If their power is dependent on a weapon, what is it? Weapons will not be allowed for most characters.

Anything Else?
{/slide}
[/stabs]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aero Blue

[stabs=bcenter|800x500]
{slide=
setting
|center}
Metro City, New Jersey (USA). June 2020

One of the fastest growing cities in the United States, Metro City has become the hub of city life and success. With over 8 million residents of the island, they live shoulder by shoulder among the skyscrapers and dreams. Metahumans make up a little under 10 percent of the city’s population, one of the highest concentrations in the United States. The city is broken up into 3 Main Districts: North Metro, Central Metro, and South Metro

North Metro is the “rich, suburban” area of Metro City. Most of the high end residents, nice parks, schools, and shops reside here. South Metro is the opposite. It’s a real concrete jungle with many struggle to make rent with a terrible reputation for crime. Central Metro is the heart of the city, containing giant conglomerate buildings, tourist attractions, and the American Dream.

Technology.
Metro City has advanced in leaps and bounds compared to other cities across the globe. Holographic projections is the cornerstone of public broadcasting (it has yet to become a standard in homes) and has become a major problem for traffic accidents. Just about every public item is interactive, letting citizens keep connected even when out. Touch screen tables have become the norm in all eateries, from small, family-owned diners to five star restaurants. Cellular devices can connect to these tables and allow people to transfer information to other devices on the table. The best form of transportation in Metro City is the MCRT (Metro City Rapid Transit). It is a bullet train station that travels all around the city and towards the outskirts in record time (under an hour to travel through the city without stops). A few of these transits have taken to the sky with air rails to get anyone just about anywhere in the city within minutes.
{/slide}
{slide=
points of interest
|center}
to be expanded
{/slide}
[/stabs]

Reactions: rissa and Aero Blue

[stabs=bcenter|800x500]
{slide=
police
|center}
Metro City Police Department.
You are the few and proud member of the Metro City Police… but you’re also a metahuman. Your life’s priorities are split in two as you try to protect and serve while doing what you can to prove that you’re not a liability. Working exclusively in the “Metahuman Crimes Division,” you thought you could make a difference and help others like you. How wrong you are. Every move is tracked. Every mistake is recorded. You’re resented by most human coworkers and vilified by the metahuman population for “betraying them."​
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
{/slide}
{slide=
Vigilante
|center}
Vigilante.
You are sick and tired of the injustices that’s spread far and wide. The police seem to be far too useless to do what they should do and aren’t focusing on the real criminals. Whether you are aware of the consequences of this choice or not, doesn't matter you acted, and, now, you’re walking down a path of street justice. You do everything you can to create an alter ego and hide yourself. Whether it’s through masks or costumes, you’re starting to mirror the old superhero comics. Maybe, you’re making a difference? Or, you’re just making things worse?​
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
{/slide}
{slide=
Criminal
|center}
Criminal.
You’ve become sick and tired of trying so damn hard to be what the world wants you to be. What’s the point of being beaten and belittled for being better than the rest? Instead of hiding your powers, you’ve come to find different purposes for it… illegally. Even if you’ve tried to reform, you wind up back in the same position where you first started. In the end, it’s best to be what the public already assumes: the bad guy. It’s the only way to earn a decent living as a “scary monster.”​
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
{/slide}
{slide=
Citizen
|center}
Citizen.
You’ve resigned yourself in being a M.O.B. Rather than trying to right the wrongs or use what you’re born with, you’ve become a part of the sea of people. The only way people would know if you’re a metahuman is by the ID you carry on you and when you are prompted to answer. To you, it’s best to keep going with the flow and keep your head down. Things should get better, eventually. Someone would stand up and have millions follow in their stead. Maybe, you’ll follow them too? … but, leaving work or school can be costly. Leave the action to someone else.​
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
   
baUNVTS.png
{/slide}
[/stabs]

Last edited by a moderator:

[stabs=bcenter|800x500]
{slide=
current episode
|center}
will be filled out with current episode idea; thread will start around June 2020
{/slide}
{slide=
last episode
|center}
will be used to copy over the last episode summary to help with catch up
{/slide}
{slide=
archive
|center}
will link back to past episode entry/summaries to give users a way to play catch up in a thread
{/slide}
[/stabs]

[stabs=bcenter|800x500]
{slide=
warrants
|center}
WANTED! Warrants have been posted for notorious criminals! Vigilantes and police officers (that want to try to break the rules) may be out on patrol to bring them to justice!
{/slide}
{slide=
bounties
|center}
Beware vigilantes and police officers! Your reputation has stirred the underworld scene. Criminals may be out to hunt these "good doers" and put them back in their places!
{/slide}
[/stabs]

Maybe I should make an interest thread or something? Or start tagging people...

Real quick: gonna change a bit of the rules. I like the idea of also allowing humans into the thread just as long as users are aware of how I want them to be played out (based on the summary given and all that jazz).

Hello! I'd like to join if there is room! If so can I reserve a criminal (Who may become a vigilante later on?)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: rissa and U.N. 0W3N
Hey working on my sheet right now! I was thinking maybe making a banner if you haven't to attract more others!

Almost done with my character.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: U.N. 0W3N
Sweet! The more the merrier! So, I think I'll open the thread when I get two more profiles in. I think it'd be enough to set up a mini event and what not to get things started. If there's others that you'd think would be a good fit in here, feel free to send them here!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: GuanYue
I want to express my interest. If it is okay, I would like to post a character sheet later today. ^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: GuanYue
Yeee~ All the interest

Also @Shizuochan I think Astrid is gonna follow Benjamin's blog. I feel like she would be that type of person that would get excited when she saw a new post about something she likes. She'd leave a bunch of comments with smiley faces too xD

• Love