Kat's First Test Thread (No posting please)

junebug

lets weave soulless threads
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
evening on thur , fri, and sat
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
dragon age series, asoiaf series, erotic, dark fantasy, high fantasy, suspense, adventure
Please refrain from posting in here. Thank you!

bold

italic

underline

strike

kelly

red

arial text

book antiqua

I'm still working on this!

Hello! My name is Isla, I'm 18 years old and I've been roleplaying for about four years now, save for a couple years back when my muse went up the wazoo. I'm going into college next week and plan to be an art therapist. I love fantasy, medieval, historical, paranormal, and tons of other genres! My writing is a little rusty, so I prefer to post multiple small paragraphs and prefer to write with an adult.

Please read my roleplay resume. It'll help us both greatly, however, I will reiterate some strong points.

My Roleplay Preferences

* I primarily play female, but do play males as secondary.

* I like to play multiple characters and I would prefer if you did too.

* At this time, I'm primarily interested in MxF, though I will try out FxF. I've not had good experiences with MxM, so unfortunately, won't be able to cater to that kind of pairing.

* I'm not interested in the following: Zombie Apocalypse, Apocalyptic, Crime Drama, Anime/Manga, Futanari, Magical Realism, and many more.

* I would prefer it if my partner wrote multiple, small descriptive paragraphs with two paragraphs at minimum.

* I'm not interested in lengthy replies, I feel it stunts the progress of the roleplay and quite possibly, the quality.

* No fluff, please.

* No passive writers please, I want someone to help me move the story along because I don't like being left alone to figure everything out.

* I do tend to be a bit of a grammar nazi to myself, so with that in mind, I'd really appreciate it if my partner's posts were ladden with decent grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

* I'm not comfortable writing with anyone below the adept writing level. Apologies for the inconvenience.

* I've found I best roleplay when the posting requirement is a minimum of at least one post every other week. If college allows it, and my muse allows it, I may post a little more often, but not to the point where you'd expect many posts in one week or a day.

* I prefer to roleplay in threads. I'm not interested in roleplaying anywhere else.

* I'm not interested in using anime as faces. Please use real life people.

* Be confident with your writing please! I love that positivity!

* All of my plots are plot over sex, as much as I love to write sex and be like yes, i love them!

* I have no triggers. If you have any triggers, please tell me! The same idea applies to sexual situations. Is there anything you aren't willing to do?

* World build with me please! I love building worlds, especially high fantasy ones! We obviously don't need to hash out every single detail like George R.R. Martin, but it'd be nice to do a few things here and there!

Quick Points

* I'm extremely interested in playing an elf right now.

* I'm always into Anti-Hero, Chaotic Neutral, and Morally Grey Characters

* I have a hankering for real life genre right now, my secondary is fantasy

* I love to build small character sheets before we start roleplaying

* Communication is key! I'm a little awkward, but I really enjoy having a friendly conversation with someone, even if I can't always keep up with what to say!

* I want to try organically building a character's relationship, especially if my fangirl senses are hoping they'll end up together (because not getting what I want is sometimes the best thing that's ever happened!)

Plots, Ideas, & Pairings

Bold is my preferred role in the plot or idea.

Morally Grey Drow x Neutral Elf
mxf, maybe fxf
Murder, Suspense, Action, Intrigue

I'd love to figure out the relationship organically. I'm not sure what kind of ideas we could play around with here, perhaps start with something simple like a mage and thief, or two rogues doing dirty work for their enemies. I'd like something a little different from the usual "hero meets person, they fight evil, they win" kind of story because I feel some badass neutral and morally grey characters need that kind of attention. One of them could be a refuge from a rivaling kingdom, perhaps seeking help from the bad side, and coming across this other dope who wants nothing to do with their kingdom because they're idiots and everybody's an idiot in the land of unicorns. I'm down for just about anything in this area, and I think it'd be really awesome if there was sexual tension between the two because friends or not, sexual tension is great, even if it doesn't get to that point. This could be set in the same world the next plot is set in!

Human Prince x Elf Princess
mxf
Romance, Action, Drama, Political Intrigue

This is a simple enemies to friends to lovers. There is war between the elves and humans. They have been at war for the longest time. I'm not sure of a reason why, maybe one wanted the other's land, perhaps elves thought mankind wasn't being cautious and built on the elves sacred land, which spurred a chain reaction of war. Maybe the human got kidnapped by the princess and she planned to torture information out of him, but over time, he sort of became a companion of sorts, complete with bickering, then eventually unwanted feelings. The possibilities are endless here and these are just suggestions, though if we do go with kidnapping aspect, I'd like it to stay as the human getting kidnapped. I've already done it two times the other way around and it's gotten boorish. There will be fully written out, descriptive sex scenes in this plot.

Some other high fantasy pairings...
Elf x Phoenix
Human x Human
Half-Elf x Mermaid
High-Elf x Kelpie
among other pairings...

Anti-Hero x Civilian
mxf, maybe fxf
Action, Suspense, Murder

I would sort of prefer to play the anti-hero in this pairing, but it is by no means non-negotiable. If you know you can handle playing an anti-hero just as well, please don't hesitate to let me know! I'd also like to set this in modern times, but I think the 1920s or 1950s would be kind of interesting to deal with too? I'd just need to freshen up my facts. They could be any kind of relationship dynamic, I think! Perhaps foster brother and sister who were separated due to suspected taboo relations (no, i don't mind incest) or exes where one has moved on, the other has not and wants revenge or just wants the other person to have them again. An estranged husband and wife would be awesome too! I'm open to suggestions. I think it'd be cool if they did the do later on because said anti-hero could have the possibility of being promiscuous, but that's just another suggestion!

Vampire Sire x Vampire Progeny
mxf
Romance*, Drama, Angst, Murder, Suspense, Suicidal Themes

She was sired many years ago during the Victorian era. Then she fell in love, then he fell in love. They were to be inseparable, or so they thought. One night he disappeared without a trace. Several weeks later, it's ruled out that he's dead, but she knows he's not. Her belief comes true after years of searching, even going so far as to wanting to end her own life, but he's back and he's... not the same. He's a completely different person, a man with a mission, a man who doesn't have time for her anymore like he used to. What spiked this change? Does he even remember who she is or will she meet death's door before the puzzle pieces finally come together?

* This is something I'd like to discuss with the person interested in taking because I have a suggestion, however, it can be quite triggering to some.

Some other paranormal pairings
Vampire x Deity
Deity x Deity
Deity x Werewolf
Demon x Deity
Werewolf x Hellhound
among other pairings...

Alternate Universe Ideas

Outlander AU with OCxOC
Game of Thrones AU with OCxOC
and to be honest, I would love to try out something from plots for all, so if I like it, we can use it for inspiration or do something based on the idea!

Please PM me for any interest or questions you may have!

Last edited:
moe posties to come

• content here

• No godmodding. I won't tolerate it.
    • I primarily play female, so I'd like someone who is comfortable playing male lead.
    • Characters preferably 27+ only for personal reason.
    • No Mary Sues or Gary Stus. I want to see characters with flaws.
    • Please private message me, if you're interested.
    • Realistic face claims only! No drawings please.
    • I do best at a minimum of one reply every two weeks. If muse and time allow it, one reply each week.
    • Please play multiple characters with me. I want more depth, more interaction!
    • No powerplaying. If you want to control my character, ask permission first.
    • No autohitting. It sucks when I can't determine what happens.
    • Worldbuild. Worldbuild. Worldbuild.
    • Descriptive sex, no smut! I believe there's a difference.
    • Be confident in your writing. I enjoy the positivity!

• Pediatrician meets Mother with one child and finds out she's trying to escape an abusive relationship.
    • Poor person gets into private college with scholarship meant for wealthy kids.

• Confederate x Union
      • Victorian Lady x Gentleman
      • Police x Criminal
      • Gang Member x Civilian
      • Faery x Human
      • Married Woman x Unmarried Man
      • Demon x Phoenix
      • Dragon x Vampire
      • PTSD Survivor x Doctor
      • Unmarried Woman x Married Man
      • Chaotic Neutral x Lawful Neutral
      • Pediatrician x Mother
      • Wealthy x Poor

Last edited:
    Hello, it's Isla!
    divider4.png

I do want to start this off by saying I'm only looking for one person to roleplay this particular idea with me. They must be 18+ only. I'm not looking for any other genre, idea, or pairing. This is my craving and I want it now. I don't want anything else. Also, keep in mind that this is a roleplay that will feature mental illness, incestuous feelings, same sex romance, as well as alcohol abuse, and probably a number of other things that may or may not be triggering. If you're not comfortable reading or writing any of that, I would suggest not inquiring about the roleplay. Without further adieu, here are my preferences for this particular roleplay.
    divider4.png

• There will be multiple characters. I won't take no for an answer. We will each be playing three main characters and a handful of NPCs.

• If you can't handle creating three nice, simple character sheets and taking up all three of them in roleplay like so, I would prefer you don't inquire and ask if it'd be okay to play just one or two characters.

• Furthermore, no "Female characters only", alright? I want my partner to be diverse!

• The two characters that I need my partner to play is Adela's brother, Caleb, and her female friend who is a potential love interest, who can either be a patient at the mental illness center, or someone who works there. Please keep in mind that if you make Adela's friend with a mental illness, do your research! As for the idea of making Adela's friend a person who works there, I do prefer caretaker x victim. If you have other ideas, run them by me! Since I have a few ideas for Caleb, I was thinking we could balance that out by my partner giving me ideas for a possible friend of his! Iwan Rheon amirite

Advanced or above only please! I won't take anything below that. I want at least one beautiful, hearty paragraph. I don't want to hear inner monologue every other paragraph. Use your five senses, describe your character's surroundings, you know the drill! Quality over quantity!

• Please keep in mind that I want to do collaborative writing together in one post, like so. I strongly feel that it'll help the story flow more easily rather than playing catch up.

Be confident in your writing please, for the love of mercy! If I say your post is great, it's great! :P

Be aggressive in your approach! I don't want to see you essentially put my words from the previous into your own character's thoughts and feelings.

Be proactive in character development and plot development! Please!

• I do best replying at the leisurely pace of one reply every other week. If muse allows it, I may post earlier if I can, but one reply every other week is my go to.

• If you know you'll end up taking a little bit longer because of real life, let me know! Furthermore, if that does end up happening, don't leave me hanging in the PMs, despite not replying.

• Please talk to me, throw out random ideas for the story, show me images for muse, share music that reminds you of your characters! I want to know you're still interested in roleplaying with me, okay? This is a rare occurence of Isla's super mega craving!

• The incestuous feelings are real from Adela to Caleb, though it is unrequited love. If you don't feel comfortable reading or writing this, and especially if you aren't willing to do be a part of a roleplay that has incest, do not reply below. You'll be wasting both our times and I don't want to do that.

• No god-modding. No autohitting. No Mary Sues or Gary Stus. No powerplaying. If you want to control my character, please ask first. Keep all of that in mind and we're all good!

• One last thing: Realistic face claims only! All characters in the roleplay are adults, and as such, I'd like to reflect that please! Keep in mind that Adela's brother is five years older than her, so an older face claim who is Sam Heughan is much appreciated! I would prefer Adela's friend to be at least three years older than her which is why Taylor Swift would be awesome to use, yes? please!

divider4.png

The end! Please PM me with ideas, if you're interested!

Last edited:
    [fieldbox=Lady Brynna Baelish of Harrenhal, #003366, solid]
    • BASIC STATISTICS •
    Character Name: Brynna Baelish
    Race/Species: Human
    Height: 5'5 1/2"
    Weight: 117 lbs
    Sex: Female
    Apparent Age/Actual Age: 27
    Skin Tone: Fair
    Body Type: Slim
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Brown

• BASE COMBAT STATISTICS •
    Fighting: None worth stating
    Agility/Dexterity: Extremely Nimble & Agile
    Strength: Sturdy Legs & Arms, Lots of Muscle Mass
    Endurance: Resistant to Cold, Vulnerable to Heat Stroke, Medium Pain Tolerance
    Intelligence: "Wise beyond years," as quoted by her Mother.
    Wisdom: Follows her gut instinct
    Psyche: Confident and mentally sane. She is hardly swayed by men and possesses a sharp tongue.

• PERSONAL STATISTICS •
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Demeanor: Flamboyant, Openness, Grounded, Conscientiousness, Calm, Mysterious
    Political Affiliation: House Stark
    Cultural Resiliency: Neutral. She doesn't understand Dothraki or the Free Folk, but exercises caution and civil manners. Reluctantly tolerates the Lannisters. Afraid of White Walkers.

• ABILITIES •
    Profession: Lady of Harrenhal
    Class: Noble
    Education/Training: Reading, Writing, The Arts
    Military/Combat Background: Bow and Arrow (7+ years)
    Magical Background: None
    Religion: The Old Gods
    Other Notable Skills: Horseback Riding, Manipulation, Bow and Arrow
    Weaknesses: Humidity, Considered Unapproachable at Times, Uncompromising, Controlling, Not Adept at Most Weapons

• POSSESSIONS, DOMICILES, AND CONVEYANCES •
    Mount/Conveyance: Horse, Carriage
    Martial Equipment: Bow and Arrow
    Magical Equipment: None
    General Equipment Type: None
    Special Equipment: None
    Usual Items Carried: Nothing

Residence (if any)
    Type: Stronghold
    Fortifications: Thick Walls, Five Towers
    Accessibility: Main Gate, Water, Small East Gate

• CHARACTER HISTORY •
    Brynna is the eldest daughter of Petyr Baelish and Lysa Arryn. Her half-brother is Robin Arryn, Lord of the Vale by law. She barely knew her mother
    [/fieldbox]

Last edited:
    [fieldbox=Lady Rowan of House Marbrand , #800000, solid]
    • BASIC STATISTICS •
    Character Name: Lady Rowan of House Marbrand
    Race/Species: Human
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 117 lbs
    Sex: Female
    Apparent Age/Actual Age: 26
    Skin Tone: Fair
    Body Type: Slim
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Brown

• BASE COMBAT STATISTICS •
    Fighting: Hardly anything, Stole a sword and fought with that
    Agility/Dexterity: Nimble, but not fast
    Strength: Average durability
    Endurance: Tolerant of heat and cold, Thick skin, Built up an immunity to some poisons
    Intelligence: Highly Intelligent
    Wisdom: Extremely logical, a realist. Wise and clever.
    Psyche: She's assertive, knows what she wants. She's never been swayed by any one man before.

• PERSONAL STATISTICS •
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Demeanor: Cheerful, Impulsive, Pretentious, Easygoing, Risky
    Political Affiliation: The Lannisters
    Cultural Resiliency: She's not very fond of Dothraki or Free Folk. If attacked by other species, she will retaliate instead of settling differences.

• ABILITIES •
    Profession: Lady Marbrand
    Class: Noble
    Education/Training: Sewing, Horseback Riding, Reading, Writing, Drinking Wine
    Military/Combat Background: None really
    Magical Background: None
    Religion: Faith of the Seven
    Other Notable Skills: Manipulation, Poisoning
    Weaknesses: Blunt, Wine, Arrogant, Food, Pretty Women, Selfish, Rainstorms

• POSSESSIONS, DOMICILES, AND CONVEYANCES •
    Mount/Conveyance: Horse, Carriage
    Martial Equipment: None really
    Magical Equipment: None
    General Equipment Type: Nothing
    Special Equipment: Nothing
    Usual Items Carried: Dagger on leg hidden by dress

Residence (if any)
    Type: Stronghold
    Fortifications: Walls
    Accessibility: Mountains, Valley

• CHARACTER HISTORY •
    (You can add as much detail here as you wish. The more I know about your character, the better.)

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
    Winifred ♢ Merchant's Bay ♢ Audun, Djerv Fastheldi, Astrid Kestersen, Melkorka Gustaaf

The long days of summer sweat rolled across her forehead as she aired out a couple of breeches and shirts. She'd barely made any friends, much less been nice to those who tried. She placed a light green shirt on the line and spread it out, the wind wrapping around her body. A small smile crept on her face, but it wasn't genuine. The Gods gave her protection and security, but it wasn't enough for her to move on and get over herself. Nothing was.

She was a selfish woman; letting another man take care of her while she strived to recuperate. All she heard from the others was that he'd only let stay because of her body. Winifred snorted, disgruntled as she tried pinning the last pair of breeches onto the line. The pin felll out of her hand and the breeches began to escape. “Damn you,” she grumbled, chasing after the breeches for a moment before her fingers finally caught it. She placed the last piece on the clothing line, unsatisfied with her handiwork.

Her sword needed mending, she had to see to it that the pigs were fed, and get all the ingredients ready for tonight's supper. The long list of chores on today's load were not as painstaking as the usual back in Helsingbor where she was brought after some three or four men killed her family and abducted her like the greedy men they were, so at least it was something she could tolerate, if not anything. Winifred went back inside, wiping her hands off the worn brown apron tied up around her neck and waist.

One of the blonde haired rascals came into the room with a pile of wood. She knew who it was right away, she didn't even need to turn a head to see the young'un, Audun, her caretaker's son from a previous marriage. “Tell your father I'm headed out to Merchant's Bay, Audun. I'll be back later to help prepare the afternoon meal and get the rest of m' fabrics done.” The child turned his head and ran towards her, wrapping his arms around her like a lost child. She gazed down, surprised and eager to push him away, but she held back and opted to awkwardly pat his head instead.

“What you be doin' down there, miss?” Audun inquired, curiosity piping hot. She gently pried his fingers off of her waist, cold eyes boring into him, but her tone motherly and commanding. "You ever hear the saying "Speak what needs to be said, or stay silenth"? I don't need to tell you again. My business ain't your own. Now run along." He left the kitchen without another word and she went to her room where she removed her apron, grabbed her sword, and went outside to the small stables where her horse, Freyja would be waiting. The mare was a pretty one. She had a beautiful copper coat, shiny black hair, and perfect round eyes. "Come on Freyja. We're going to town."

imgs_zpsy50jgc0k.png

Once the pair, a woman and her horse, arrived at the entrance of Merchant's Bay, Winifred hopped down onto the ground, dirt sweeping around her leather shoes and the edges of her dress. She took the horse town, letting the large animal clear the way as it clopped on wood nailed to the ground. Winifred noticed a tall man plundering through the streets. Everyone made way for him and his bulky build, but she gave him a glare from afar as he rejected to give the man aid and walked right on past without a care in the world, then asked about the price of tan fabric from a woman nearby.

So that's what men in this society are coming to; bastards. I could ram my sword up your ass if I wanted to, cunt, but you're lucky I'm not.

Winifred steered her horse into the girl's direction. It was a pity most of the water sloshed out when she accidentally bumped into the handsome blonde-haired stranger that stood there. She turned to the male and held out her hand to him. "Come on," she spoke, helping him up. "Are you okay?" He seemed fine, just dirty. Winifred daintly brushed some of the dirt off his shoulder and briefly observed him. No scratches or blood she could smell. "Sometimes bigger men can be a pain, you know," Winifred glanced over at the woman for a brief moment, then froze. She found herself staring into brown eyes, as her own hinting at sadness, but her demeanor remaining stoic. Astrid. Her heart coiled around the name, sucking all the air out of her lungs. She couldn't breathe. Winifred thought she'd never see her friend again, much less here in Kaupang. Memories of her past sickened her once more as nausea began to settle in.

The shieldmaiden glanced down, immediately letting go of the male's hand like flames had licked her palm. Her body shook, although not apparently so. "My apologies. Good day to both of you." She gave the man a small nod and scurried off to the blacksmith, Melkorka, who resided in a shop more than a few houses down. Winifred sought for Melkorka to shine and sharpen the blade as fast as she could, for fear that Astrid would go after her. Winifred hammered down the feelings of anticipation and guilt as she stopped in front of Melkorka's shop and tied Freyja's reins to a sturdy pole, then went inside.

"Melkorka!" she called out, taking off her sword pouch and tossing it onto the table. "Got me a blade that needs fixing! The bloody thing's a piece of shit now!"

Last edited:
    Winifred ♢ Merchant's Bay ♢ Melkorka Gustaaf

Winifred held back a snort. Melkorka, beautiful. Melkorka, unbloodied. She pursed her lips in amusement as the tall lady approached her. "Ahhh and here I thought I could manage to look decent for the men when they came buying new axes or perhaps shovels, who knows what they want when they come here," Melkorka sighed. Winifred laughed mockingly. The lady blacksmith could be wearing the finest battle armor any day and she could still look good for the men twirling around and letting out petty whimsical sighs with that blue and green dress of hers. "What exactly do you do with those blades for them to be so worn out in so little time?" The small woman grinned crookedly at the inquiry.

"What do you think?" Winifred, brash as always, countered pointedly, raising a brow at the black-haired woman. "I cut out men's tongues and roast the earl's heart on a spit." Winifred wasn't afraid of that man. More often than not, she could always hear his screams as she cut him skin deep. Taxes were rising and the family she lived with, as well as herself, had to work twice as hard to get what they needed for food, water, shelter, and clothing. It was starting to become a conundrum of sorts and the risk Winifred took to stay on top was simply starting to be nothing more than a game. Who could get more meat? Who could make more blankets and furs? How about harvesting? She was tired of it all.

The shieldmaiden glanced down at her sword, deep in thought. "I don't like that man, you know," she suddenly said after a few moments of silence. She didn't come to Kaupang to work harder than what she was doing a few months back, only to be taxed higher each month. Her stay was supposed to be refuge. She was supposed to enjoy it, or at least live it, without wanting to hack off the earl's neck every waking moment. It was like slavery all over again, except she wasn't having sex with old men. She was selling her body and soul to hard, physical labor for the sake of everyone else.

Winifred

imgs_zpsy50jgc0k.png

Last edited:
    Winifred ♢ Merchant's Bay ♢ Melkorka Gustaaf

Winifred held back a snort. Melkorka, beautiful. Melkorka, unbloodied. She pursed her lips in amusement as the tall lady approached her. "Ahhh and here I thought I could manage to look decent for the men when they came buying new axes or perhaps shovels, who knows what they want when they come here," Melkorka sighed. Winifred laughed mockingly at her. She was jealous. The lady blacksmith could be wearing the finest battle armor any day and she could still look good for the men twirling around and letting out petty whimsical sighs with that blue and green dress of hers. "What exactly do you do with those blades for them to be so worn out in so little time?" The small woman grinned crookedly at the inquiry. "What do you think?" Winifred, brash as always, countered pointedly, raising a brow at the black-haired woman. "I cut out men's tongues and roast the earl's heart on a spit."

Winifred wasn't afraid of that man. More often than not, she could always hear his screams as she cut him skin deep. Taxes were rising and the family she lived with had to work twice as hard to get what they needed for food, water, shelter, and clothing. It was starting to become a conundrum of sorts and the risk Winifred took to stay on top was simply starting to be nothing more than a game. Who could get more meat? Who could make more blankets and furs? How about harvesting? She was tired of it all. The shieldmaiden glanced down at her sword, deep in thought. She didn't come to Kaupang to work harder than what she was doing a few months back, only to be taxed higher each month. Her stay was supposed to be refuge. She was supposed to enjoy it, or at least live it, without wanting to hack off the earl's neck every waking moment. It was like slavery all over again, except she wasn't having sex with old men. She was selling her body and soul to hard, physical labor for the sake of everyone else. Fuck the earl and his bloody taxes.

The blacksmith's shop was humid with coals burning nearby. Ash and soot seemed to rest in every nook and cranny. It felt a little overwhelming, like Winifred needed to get fresh air. She stared down at her beauty, blunt and worn. All she could see was the blood of her enemies raining down on it as she slit their throats and stabbed their eyes. She wanted the sword to be done today so she could start hacking tomorrow. Audun seemed to enjoy her swinging the bloody thing like it was no one's business. Winifred took out a small pouch of coins, ready to do business. She'd only just arrived at the shop, but sincerity was calling out. Winifred didn't have time to dawdle around make sweet talk with Melkorka. She had to return to the home she lived at and help them pick out this month's crops. "How much to get it shining and sharp again? An evening meal? A handful of gold coins?"

Winifred stood silently as she watched Melkorka. She thought Melkorka might be wondering how much she could snatch from Winifred before she went broke. In this day and age, Winifred knew how people went about their business. It didn't matter whether one man was a gentleman or the other was a piece of shit; everyone dealt with survival in their own way. Some stole money and bread, others paid for what wasn't theirs. Winifred fucked up whoever dare steal the crops she planted for the household's supper. She was growing tired of people saying the man was her husband. Winifred wasn't even near to feeling any sort of love for those who gave her a place to sleep and food to eat. She was simply civil, simply grateful. The family she lived with were just friends and she was only their guest... for an extended period of time. Soon, she'd move out, once she had enough coin to buy a small plot of land and build a nice, cozy home for one person.

The shieldmaiden's contemplation abruptly came to an end. She narrowed her eyes as a sing-song voice entered the shop. "Oh Melkorka!" It was a man, no less. Winifred straightened her back and softened her features as he spoke. Better to appear civil, than a woman about the cut someone's throat. She waited for him to finish his business. "I have some extra metals that I won't be needing and I thought..." Her eyes gazed anywhere but at the man. "My apologies." Winifred glanced over at him and he dropped the box. She considered making a move for it, but he seemed fine. Nothing had fallen out of it. "Is that your horse outside?" She raised a brow, looking at Melkorka for a moment, then turning back to the blonde-haired man. She'd have to figure this man out on her own. "Yes, she is. Her name is Freyja. Fine mare, isn't she? What brings you here, Sir ...?" She didn't say anything further, as she didn't know what the man's name was.

Last edited:
    Erika and her abusive husband moved to - insert pretty place - with their five year old daughter in hopes that things would change. She's tired of her husband's behavior, but he promises he'll change for her and Amberly. She's been trying to get out of the relationship for a long time, but it's gotten to the point where she doesn't feel like she can leave. One day, she brings her five year old daughter to her first check up, where she meets Adam, a compassionate man with a love for children. After their first visit, Erika and her daughter become regular clientele with Adam. The friendly gestures and casual greetings soon extend to outside the workplace and they both begin to see each other more frequently in their every day lives. Erika gradually warms up to the man, her hospitality eventually extending to a homemade dinner at her place one night when her husband is out. What happens when her husband comes home early in the middle of dinner? Are things not as pleasant with the family as previously expressed?

work on erika post w/ logicfromlogic for galena, illinois

[fieldbox="Lorraine Desmarais, #666699, solid"]
    no-lightbox
    Full Name: Lorraine Desmarais
    Nickname: Any French Term of Endearment
    Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Personality:
    - Positive:
    Cooperative, Considerate, Intelligent, Open-minded, Resourceful, Passionate
    - Negative: Condemnatory, Finger Pointer, Arrogant, Insensitive, Sticky Fingers, Manipulative
    - Fears: Spiders, Big Bodies of Water, Toads, Enclosed Spaces, Cockroaches, Bacteria oh the irony

Background:
    Lorraine was born in Quebec, but raised in Connecticut for most of her early years and some teenage years. Her Mother was an orthopedic surgeon and her Father a psychiatrist. They moved to Los Angeles on a job opportunity for her Mom. Dad stayed behind with her eldest brother, while her younger sister went with her and her mother to Los Angeles. She got involved in different sports, including swimming and soccer. Heck, she even tried out for the football team.

Lorraine went into dual enrollment at age fifteen and graduated with a liberal arts degree before the rest of her classmates. Her parents divorced when she was eighteen years old. The long distance relationship was a hassle when Dad couldn't find a job out in Los Angeles. Dad married another woman later on, they had a son, and Lorraine went on with life. She got a boyfriend at one point, but he cheated on her while she was pregnant with his child; she didn't know she was pregnant until she was around five months along.After Lorraine and her boyfriend broke up, she met another man in medical school and he became her fiancé later on.

She got pregnant again, then her fiancé left a year later because of personal reasons. Lorraine was left to depend on her parents one last time through her Anatomic Pathology residency. Her best friend from college became her living crutch as she endured the difficulties of motherhood while striving to successfully finish her education. Lorraine was working hard on her Forensic Pathology Fellowship when the outbreak occurred. She never finished it. Her half-brother recently died because he was scratched by the walking dead and her eldest brother, who moved with his father to be closer to family, had to end his life. Now, her family does whatever is necessary to survive.

- Education: PhD in Forensics, Master's Degree in Psychology
    -Career/Profession: Medical Examiner
    -Family: First Desmarais (25 years, Younger Sister), First Desmarais (37 years, Eldest Brother), One Half-brother (deceased), Marceline Desmarais (Daughter, 5 years, NPC), Louisa Desmarais (Daughter, 7 years, NPC)
    -Relationships: First Last (Best friend, 5+ years), First Last (Ex-Fiancé, 3+ year), First Last (Ex-boyfriend, 2+ years)

Others: If anyone is interested in taking any of her family members, her best friend, or exes, please let me know through private messages! The face claim is Amber Heard.[/FIELDBOX]

The sun beat down on the back of her neck, warming up her body as she walked out to the car. Her five year old daughter scurried along and was already waiting for her by the time she got to the driver's side. "You're a fast tyke, aren't ya?" she praised, unlocking the doors. Amberly dove inside and buckled herself up. Erika closed the passenger door and climbed in herself, starting up the bright red Chevrolet, then buckling her own seat belt.

Saturday mornings were calm and somewhat of a relief for Erika. Her husband usually spent the whole day sleeping after staying up so late on Friday. It was like temporary security- you had a helmet on for a brief time, but once you took it off, you could get a blow from anywhere. Other times, Erika didn't even have time to put on her armor and say something to the likes of him. She drove off to the child's clinic.

Today, her daughter would be getting a checkup and two shots- one for varicella, the other for rubella virus. They arrived at the hospital. The door was wide with black frames. It slid open automatically as her daughter approached it, Erika following close behind the blond-haired toddler. She signed her daughter in, then let the youthful gal drag her to a seat close to the small play area they had for the small children.

Erika stared at her child for a brief few moments. She looked so happy to be here, she could only wonder if she felt the same when she was at home. There was a wooden train set, complete with blue, red, and green freight cars, pound a peg, and a cute little rocking horse with red rope for the reins. The air was cool and Thomas the Train Engine chugged across the tv screen opposite from Angelina Ballerina. "Amberly Clarke."

Mother's head shot up at the familiar name. Amberly put down Dr. Seuss and ran to the nurse. She was wearing a nice, dark blue pair of scrubs. "Welcome, Amberly. Mrs. Clarke. I'm Nurse Kaja. How're you both doing today?" Erika smiled a little when Amberly spoke up a little, questioning what she was doing here. She was always a curious thing. "You're going to get a check up today, Amberly," the nurse told Amberly. "What's that?"

"The doctor is going to make sure you're healthy. He'll listen to your heart and check your ears," Erika responded cooly, walking a few steps faster to arrive at Amberly's side. Her daughter was getting stronger and faster everyday. "She's a sweet child," Kaja praised Erika, opening a door into an office. "I need you to sit still darling. I'm going to check your blood pressure, okay? You're going to feel a tight squeeze around your arm."

"Will it hurt?"

"It doesn't hurt."

The walls were covered in vibrant pictures. A blue and purple octopus with green suction cups caught Erika's attention. The seaweed was colored pink and yellow, the sand a nice tan, and a small rainbow fish on the left of the octopus. They were floating in a blue ocean and Erika's eyes moved to the crab next, then landed on her daughter. Erika sat down in the chair next to her just as the nurse took off the blood pressure cuff, then entered the numbers in the computer.

Erika crossed one leg over the other, trying to get used to the sound of squeaking leather as Amberly climbed onto the chair, then slid off, repeating the cycle a few times over. Nurse Kaja went over Amberly's medical history with a small series of simple "yes" or "no" questions. The dark-skinned woman then left the room, closing it behind her. Erika could hear the incoherent murmuring of doctors, nurses, and clients from the other side of the room.

A few minutes later, she heard a knock on the door and immediately stood up. A tall man walked in and Erika put on a bright smile. The small steps of a toddler could be heard as Amberly cautiously began to approach the doctor, then changed her mind and decided to stay at her Mother's side, giving him a shy smile. "You must be Dr. Paulson," Erika greeted, sticking out her hand to shake his. "I'm Erika Clarke, mother of Amberly."

Last edited:
    My loneliness is wrapped in fear, it's taking the lead, so I'm gonna stay behind the comfort of a dream. I want to get near but, I gotta say, it's so much easier to run away.

Last edited:
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Sunday Mass, Christ Church Cathedral

"She wove golden rays of sunshine,
    into a long and flowing dress,
    That left the scent on everything she touched,
    Of nature's sweet caress,"
    — E.H.

The sermon given by the pope burst with strong passion and feeling. Jesus Christ was their savior. Only the greatest sin and death could be saved by faith through the man who died for everyone's sins. Ysabel sat content, her eyes closed and head down as his final sentence came to an end. She made a cross over her forehead, heart, and shoulders. Satisfied murmurs flew through the church like wind and everyone got up to leave.

The church would forever be imprinted on her mind as the last thing she saw before she would be gone. She purposely walked sluggishly towards the exit, her hand wrapped around her escort's shoulder. He spoke to her, but she barely heard him, only nodding in acknowledgement to whatever he was blathering on about, be it his two children or how beautiful it was today. The angels in white garb prayed over her and she could see Jesus Christ pinned to the cross above the entrance. Please forgive me, Holy Father.

The ruffled layers of her light yellow dress swayed from side to side as she stepped out onto the marble platform in her ivory bow tie shoes. Her hairpin, a beautiful blood red rose with small green leaves, was precariously placed on the left side of her curls. She flicked her wrist and a white lace fan presented itself. The sun beat down on her neck and sifted through the many layers of her dress. Her heart consistently tried to break free, dying to get out. Ysabel didn't know when her captor would come, only that it would be after Sunday Mass.

In an instant, she felt her wrist being latched onto, grip tightening as her back collided with a muscular chest. Her fan clattered to the ground in shock and the barrel of a gun pressed against the side of her head. She was speechless. Her escort froze in fear and screams ruptured in her ear. The flood of men and women, a sea of vibrant and muted colors, took off. She gulped, her body shivering in the arms of an intimidating man. She didn't even know what he looked like, but his aura told her he wasn't playing. Ysabel was chilled to the bone. The small hairs on the back of her neck stood up as his voice entered her ear. It was firm in order.

"Make no move, and nobody be hurt." She felt him tighten his grip around her and more pressure from the gun barrel. "It was about time, I suppose," she muttered under her breathe, obediently complying with his wishes. "Over there!" A female screeched. "There's two pirates! They have a lady!" A swarm of men in red coats ran towards the church. "I saw one run into the church too! They'll destroy everything!" Another female cried. "They'll take everything!"

"Unhand the lady, you filthy mutt!" One of them demanded. Ysabel jumped in skin when a gunshot sounded and the soldier fell over, blood seeping from the side of her head. She gaped in horror, her hands instinctively reaching to cover her open mouth, but she quickly realized once more that she was binded to this pirate's chest. She clamped her mouth shut. "Get these bloody bastards, men!" A swarm of sea dogs suddenly appeared out of nowhere, charging the red coats. "Get to the church, men!" A familiar voice rang out. The pressure in her chest rose. That was Edward. Oh goodness, please be safe.

Her stomach churned as a massacre took place. Pirates tackled the soldiers from behind, some stabbed their eyes out, others slit their throats. She turned her head away, squeezing her eyes shut as a man's life was taken away right before her eyes. She felt something warm splatter onto her cheek. Juan Carlos stepped back with a bloody cutlass in hand. "That the missus he was referring to?" Juan inquired in a Mexican accent, gesturing towards her. She could barely bring herself to look up at the male in front of her, her eyes already frozen, mesmerized by the blood that slowly dripped from the sword like water from a faucet.

The air stenched of guts. Ysabel wrinkled her nose, trying to keep herself distracted from the hollow feeling that settled in her stomach. "Juan! I need some help over here!" A woman growled from afar. Four men were getting on her tail. She had on a pair of brown leather slacks and a white blouse with a brown belt around her waist. There were women in the crew as well, though men seemed to dominate the seas and ships more often than the opposite sex. Juan glanced over at Emily from afar. She ducked just as one of the red coats swung over her head. "Oh for the love of- We'll talk later, Captain! Comin' Em!"

Ysabel watched as he took out a dagger from his side pouch and threw with astounding accuracy, right at one of the men's throats. They fell over, grasping their throat and Emily plunged her sword into his heart, then stabbed another in the stomach. The sound of boots came around the corner. "What is that?" Ysabel questioned. Out of nowhere, she saw a black toed boot turn the corner. "Let my wife go, you savage!" Edward yelled, heading straight towards the man Juan called Captain with a sword in front of him, eager to stab the living guts out of her captor.

Last edited:
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Blackheart

— E.H.

She did best not to make any remark in the midst of the Captain ravishing her like she was some kind of toy. It disgusted her and for a moment, she turned her head away, contemplating the idea of elbowing him in the stomach. His breath lingered on her neck and she shrugged her shoulder away, trying to get him off. They killed so swiftly, so monstrously beautiful, the blood carving itself into her memory like embroidery as everything flashed by.

She gaped as the Captain's hands suddenly dwelled above her nether region, resting on her lower abdomen. Ysabel pressed her lips in a tight line, enduring his lustful advances, clutching onto the pirate's shirt for dear life. Her breathing was steady as it went, eyes telling Edward to run, but the man wouldn't have it. His price was a crippling gunshot to the thigh. Blood streamed from the wound as he fell to the ground. "Edward!"

Ysabel screamed her husband's name, trying to reach out, trying to save him, but she was held back. She was forcefully jerked back by the Captain, as if he was non-verbally reminding her of what he said, should she not want to see any others hurt, much less herself. She felt goosebumps crawl onto her skin as the Captain took another whiff.

This wasn't what she wanted for the people. This wasn't what she'd hoped it'd be. If anything, she'd thought the least damage done would be knocking a soldier unconscious or if they really needed to spill blood, giving him a blow to the head. They could've just gone in and got her without trouble. They didn't have to shed so much blood and engrave it into everyone's memories. The pirates attacked like scavenging maniacs and the red coats had just asked to be killed by letting so many come after one woman. Ysabel wouldn't sleep tonight.

I didn't need saving, she thought bitterly as the captain spoke to her. She frustratedly opened the carriage door and scurried in after the Captain. An older voice rang out the moment the carriage door closed. "Back t' the ship ye' dogs!" She heard the snapping of reins and the horses whinnying as they surged forward. Ysabel gripped onto the edge of the window as the carriage raced across the cobblestone. Her eyes glanced over at the captain for a brief moment, then turned away. He seemed to be enjoying everything. It was a bumpy road, some of the rocks embedded in the atmosphere withered, cracked, and filled with pot holes. She lurched forward as the carriage took a sharp left towards the sea harbor where a large ship was resting peacefully in the waters among port.

The aristocrat opened the curtains in haste, her heart dropping at the sight. She was leaving everything behind, everything she had. It was all gone the moment she stepped onto that ship as the captain's supposed hostage. Her heart raced faster than the horses. Ysabel didn't know what to expect once she got on board. Would they be accommodating? Her instincts told her otherwise. She was beginning to regret her decision, but what was done was done. This was the only way to procure her freedom. The carriage abruptly came to a stop and an old black man swung the door open, beckoning the girl to get out. "Quick quick!"

Ysabel fumbled with her dress to get out as fast she could. The man didn't wait- the moment her arm was into view, he grabbed ahold and pulled her out, causing her to lose her footing. Thankfully, the wrinkly old man had saved her... in a way, from diving face first into the ground. She picked up her dress, noticing that her shoe had fallen off. She hastily put it back on and Ol' Sammy rounded up the men as best he could, giving the pirates a big gesture with his arm. "C'mon! C'mon! Get your arses in gear!" Then he turned to Ysabel, giving her a small, toothy grin. "C'mon sweetie. Ye' gotta Blackheart to catch."

Ysabel narrowed her eyes in confusion. "What's a Blackheart?" Ol' Sammy laughed, then she glanced over at the captain for some kind of clarification, if he bothered giving it at all. "The ship, why she's Captain Donovan Marlowe's beauty," Ol' Sammy exclaimed heartily, tugging on Ysabel's arms to get her moving. The aristocrat began to move along. "She's a swell lookin' thang. Questions later though. C'mon!" Ysabel walked up the plank, Ol' Sammy guiding her from behind. Everyone was there, blood and sweat pouring into their wounds. A man with gold teeth gave her a smile and gazed the other way.

The deck was clean, save for the blood and sweat of many. She felt sick to her stomach. "Mel!" Ol' Sammy bellowed. A short woman with brown eyes stepped out from behind a small group of men. "Yes, sir?" She sounded so fragile, Ysabel immediately felt bad for the girl. Did they take her into slavery on here? She held her tongue. One miscommunication would probably have her tossed over board. "Take this lady t' the washroom and git 'er a new pair of clothes. She gon' need 'em." Her head was swelling from all the pressure. She needed a nice bath after everything came so quickly.

"Aye, aye." Melanie wrapped her small fingers around Ysabel's wrist and dragged her down below. "She be lookin' real nice with that blood on 'er," one of the crew mates cackled. Ol' Sammy ignored him, staring afar at the red coats that came their way on horses. They jus' ain't never gonna give up, were they? Ol' Sammy watched as the Captain came on board and the crew immediately began to pull up the anchors.
    "We be settin' sail now," Ol' Sammy nodded in approval. The red coats were getting on his nerves. He took his musket out and fired at one, two. Some of them were stupid enough to dive in the water to try and climb up the ship. Another bullseye, right between the eyes from Em. Sammy watched as the red coat drowned. "So, where's that lass you boys be talkin' 'bout?"

Last edited:
    The Sakura blew gently in the wind, tickling Hatsumi's face.

Atlantic Ocean
    Blackheart

— E.H.

Sammy nodded at Marlowe. "Aye aye Captain!" He hooked his feet into the cordage that led up to the main sail and glanced around at everyone else. "Ye' heard the captain!" he bellowed. "The deck needs scrubbing! Get to it boys!" The moment he gave the order, he began to climb up the rope like a monkey in a tree, swift and quick. The boys grabbed their mops and sponges, then set to work. Emily was inside the main quarters, pinpointing the next route with a compass and the celestial globe that rested on the table. She smirked slightly as Marlowe came to stand over her. His warmth radiated like the sun; she enjoyed being a little distracted by his presence while she was working. It made her feel entitled in some way, having the captain nearby. She turned the globe.

The new girl came up and she held back a sigh of annoyance, answering Marlowe's inquiry with ease, albeit slightly tainted with jealousy. "Sammy told me she was down in the washroom. Mel went to get her a new pair of clothes. I say do whatever you want with her. I don't think she'll be useful on board. She's not born to the life of pirate, much less a woman who knows her way around a ship." It was clear Emily was a little sour about letting an aristocrat on board. Bella or whatever the gal's name was, didn't know about the reality of living on a ship. She didn't seem to be happy about boarding the ship either with that blood staining her porcelain cheek and that stupid frilly dress. She couldn't possibly have really wanted to go through with this and leave her riches behind. Emily carried her suspicions; one mainly being that she was sent on board to spy. She wasn't easily trusting and more battle hardened than anything. Once that girl found out what sailing with pirates were, she'd run back to her snobbish husband with her tail between her legs. Emily was sure of that.

"We're headed east at the moment. Where to captain?"

Meanwhile, Ysabel sank deeper into the steaming hot bath. "Don't put your head under," Mel warned, giving the lady a clean rag to wash herself with. "You'll burn your head off." Ysabel laughed lightly, but she didn't find it funny. The noble didn't find anything funny, no matter how much Melanie tried to cheer her up. The only good thing at the moment was being free from the outside noise and taking a bath. "That man shot my husband. They killed everybody," she mourned for the third time in a row. Melanie understood her sorrow, but it was already increasingly frustrating to be around such a debbie downer. "Yes, I know," Melanie spoke, trying her best to express further sympathy. "It hurts. It truly does. My Mum died when I was little. I know how dreadful it can be to see the ones you love get hurt, or haunted by something worse. Your husband will be fine."

Ysabel sighed, turning around from the young woman. She didn't want to know that her husband would be fine, she wanted to see him heal. "How old are you, anyways? I thought women didn't work on pirate ships. Were you sold by your father?" Melanie shook her head in disagreement. Ysabel's question didn't shock her either- she knew how life was for the average women. "We came on board of our own accord. I can see why you'd think that though. Women aren't usually held in high regards on pirate ships. There was only me and Emily before you came along. We managed to make a decent living. I will warn you though, a pretty woman like you is hard to find. Men will do whatever they can to take advantage of you." Ysabel cringed at Melanie's words. She knew how that went and it scared her. What if the captain went further with how he'd handled her today? He hadn't completely taken advantage but still feeling the way his hand moved over her lower abdomen made her shiver.

"I... see." Ysabel had no other words. She wasn't in the mood to talk anymore. The blood curdling screams of the army and her husband's cry of pain still echoed in her mind. She couldn't let go of her anxieties, no matter how much she willed it away. "I'll leave these clothes here. They're clean and... well, you might as well get rid of your dress somehow, M'lady. It has no place on a pirate ship," Melanie reported, giving Ysabel a small smile, placing a towel on top of the clothes. "Let me know when your done. I'll be in the kitchen, just down the hall. I'll drain the tub then. In the meantime, try to smile and not let anything bother you." Melanie left, closing the door behind her and Ysabel groaned in frustration. How could she let anything go? Gunshots rang in her ear, she still felt the Captain's breathe on her neck. That bloody bastard. She hated how good it'd felt for the moment, but she was more angry than tantalized by the deviant. He touched her indecently in front of her husband. "I'll show him what happens when he touches a woman like that," she muttered to herself, abruptly standing up and grabbing the towel next to her. She furiously dried her body, then stepped out onto the mat and put on the clothing Mel had given her.

There was a mirror nearby. She habitually went over to it and glanced at her figure in the mirror. Her hands ran over her breasts, smoothing out the cotton blouse and leather corset beneath it. She felt naked and more vulnerable than she did when she was wearing her dress. Ysabel decided that she would go to Mel and ask if she had something more modest. It was the least the young woman could do after drawing a bath and comforting her. Ysabel grabbed the towel again and began to dry her curls. She remembered Melanie telling her that she had to get rid of the dress. How? Ysabel assumed the only way was to toss it overboard into the ocean. Most things got thrown in there after clothing and food outlived its usefulness; that's why it stank so much coming on board and even worse in this washroom. After Ysabel spent a good few minutes patting her hair dry, she threw the towel over her shoulder and gathered the layers of her dress in hand, then left the washroom to met Mel a few doors down.

Last edited:
    Atlantic Ocean
    Blackheart

— E.H.

Emily mock laughed under her breath, licking her dry lips as he filled in the gap between them. Her body immediately began to relax under his smooth touch. So he could tell. That didn't come across as much of a surprise, but she was hoping her jealousy had been well hidden. He didn't say anything to her on their way over to Nassau. Surely, she'd done a good job of keeping it all in. Was he only now deciding to reprimand her for not feeling courteous or pleasant to the new guest? She pursed her lips in a frown.

Emily guessed he'd caught onto what she was hiding after she inquired about the lady to the men once she got on board. He wouldn't dare put her in charge of some spoiled brat, not if she had anything to say about it. A small smile graced her lips as he spoke in her ear. The way his breathe danced along her neck set her body ablaze. She was too caught up in the moment to realize another had entered without warning.

When she felt Donovan's fingers slip from her hips, her first instinct was to whip around and scold him, but when the Captain began to speak of coins, she kept quiet. Damn you, Jean, she concurred sourly, her mood becoming impudent once more. The clear sound of gold, silver, and copper were picked up and fell back down into the dark green pouch Jean held. She itched to run and leave the captain and Jean to talk about their damned finances. It was boorish, the whole idea when people could just steal without having to worry about money that could get lost.

Emily's fingers dug into the wood, impatient and irritated with the surgeon. "I'll just be on my way," she muttered, calm and headed for the door. The Captain's large, calloused hand reached out to grasp her arm before she barely made three steps towards the door. Emily glanced at Jean, head cocked to one side, eyebrow raised. A beautiful gold pendant with a ruby set in stone caught her eye. Her blue eyes dazzled with intrigue as she turned to face the Captain, the faintest hint of amusement twitching at the corner of her lips.

She followed his every move as he placed the delicate piece of jewelry around her neck, gently settling it down against her fair skin. Her eyes wavered to the bright red gem and the Captain's fingers rubbing the jewel. The Captain's orders for the newcomer forced her to hold back a snort of laughter. That was one surefire way to get the little lady running back to her sordid life. She sighed in relief as Jean left the room. "Ah, I'm sorry, " she apologized lightheartedly, her cheeks red from holding in her laughter. She pushed a few strands of hair away from her face. "I'm such a child, aren't I? Don't you have business to attend to, other than staring? It's a pretty thing and I thank you for it, but I don't want to keep you waiting elsewhere, should there be more important matters to tend to."

Ysabel entered the kitchen area feeling steam rise in the room. Melanie was washing dishes over to the right with a large yellow sponge. She set down another plate and a pair of steak knives. "Melanie," Ysabel began, somewhat cautious of disturbing her during her work. She disliked doing such deeds, but she wanted to change out of her current outfit as soon as possible. It just didn't fit her. "I... I have to ask and I'm sorry for it, but, do you have anything more modest than what you've given me?" Melanie dried another clear yellow plate, then set it down and turned around. She leaned against the kitchen sink, scrutinizing the clothing that she'd given Ysabel. "Hmm."

Ysabel immediately accumulated a response in that moment, defending her position. "What? What's wrong? There's something wrong, right? Do you have anything else I could wear?" Melanie giggled, waving her hand in dismissal. The woman worried too much. "Something wrong? No. Nothing's wrong. You look gorgeous. What's wrong with it?" Melanie inquired, turning her back to Ysabel and continuing to clean the dishes. Ysabel walked up to the girl. "Hand me that fork." She handed the silverware over, then another in some sort of routinely fashion.

"You don't understand. I can't go out there like this. I feel naked." Melanie snorted, rolling her eyes as she held out her hand for another dish. A bowl was passed over. Ysabel gathered her dress together once more to keep it from falling. "I don't have anything else for you to wear. Be proud of yourself. Complaining isn't allowed." Ysabel felt her heart sink a little at the despairing news. "Well, alright. I suppose I could try wearing this. My bath is done and thank you for everything." She left the room to avoid further disturbance and put her towel back in the washroom.

The sound of footsteps began to enter her ears. She climbed up the stairs nearby. It'd appeared the man who'd gone into the church earlier was coming out from another room. She wished she'd gotten his name. The wooden plank beneath her squeaked lightly as she stood to meet him face to face. The boat seemed to rock slightly from side to side and she had but a moment to balance herself. She was grateful that she didn't get sick often on boats, otherwise she'd be outside, vomiting down the side of the boat, which wouldn't make too much of a good first impression."Excuse me, sir? Apologies. I don't know your name. What do you usually do with clothing you no longer need? I was told to throw my dress to the sharks which I suppose I can understand, but it seems strange in some ways. Oh, and I'd also like to speak to the Captain... Captain Marlowe, was it? Yes, I have an urgent message to relay to him. Do you know where he is?"

Last edited: