7:30PM to 12:30 AM or 10 AM to 2PM
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-fiction, Science-Fantasy, Romance, Fantasy, Modern, Magical,
Latun6.jpg

• Hey, hello, hiya, how’s it going? I’m Wyborn and this finally the sign ups for King of Latun. I’m a big procrastinator if you can’t tell. I’ll be the GM for this RP and pretty much here is where all of the info you need is here. For those that may be seeing this for the first time, here’s a little background on the RP. You are a noble of the country of Latun and you are accompanying the Crown Prince of the Nation to the Empire of Ikoral, a massive country which is an ally of Latun. So if you’re interested just sign up and hopefully we can enjoy the rp together!

P.S. I'm not sure if I said it earlier but if I did, that's not bad. If you have any questions you can message me here and I'll get back to you as soon as I see it!

• [Eventually this is where the actual rp link will go. But for now, just use your imagination!]

• 1. All Iwaku rules apply, Obviously

2. Please wait for character approval before posting in the IC.

3. All OOC belongs either on the discord or in the Signups/OOC if you don’t have discord.

4. Respect your fellow players.

5. Post at least once every two weeks, hopefully faster .

6. And mainly have fun, enjoy your character and the story.

• Ascania

Sigil - The Great Stag

Guardian - The Storm Deer

Magic Line - Primordial Sky Magic

Title(s) - Great Sovereign of Latun(Ruler of the Nation)

Heir: Vadimas Aion Ascania X

Drusus

Sigil - The World Eating Wolf

Guardian - Direwolves

Magic Line - Barrier Magic

Title(s) - Lord Commander (Ruler of the army)

Heir:

Harcourt

Sigil - The Prayers of the Seventy

Guardian - None in particular.

Magic Line - Summoning Magic

Title(s) - President of the Seventy(Leader of the main religion of Latun)

Heir:

Claudius

Sigil - The All Knowing Owl

Guardian - Owl and the Fox

Magic Line - Transmutation

Title(s) - Grand Preceptor (Keeper of all the knowledge within Latun, especially all history.)

Heir:

Esper

Sigil - The Black Cat

Guardian - Guenhwyvar

Magic Line - Shadow Magic

Title(s) - Superior(Ruler of the Spys/Assassins)

Heir:

• Quote that your character lives by.

Character Image (anime, drawn, etc)

First Name

House Name

Race (Human, elves, halfings,etc.)

Magic: (I.E. Ice magic, gravity magic, energy magic, etc.)

Weapon: (Picture would be fine)

Armor: (Picture would be fine.)

Familiar/Mount (A guardian for your family. Or just an animal your attached to. )

Personality:

Bio/History:

Short Description of Appearance:

Extra: (Anything you want to let people know.)

Is this still accepting?

"I want to forever be remembered as the greatest king to ever live. That's only way to honor all my ancestors. "
dd95be82d29e2d2249666184f51cd526.jpg

• Full Name

> Vadimas Aion Ascania X

> Newly 18

> Male

Race

>Human/Elf

Last edited:
@Ur Degaton I hope you can see this Degaton, you don't have to make yours look exactly like mine, but having all of this info is important, if you want help in formatting your cs if you want, just DM me and I'll help as much as I can.

• OMG
Reactions: Iceydaze
"Would it be possible to skip the talking and move on to the part where I stab you?"

42e3ed095cc8dd6246a682fe57fbc10b.jpg

• First Name
    Ermin

House Name
    Drusus

Race
    Human

• Height
    6'8"

Weight
    219 lbs

Eye Color
    Gold

Hair Color
    White

Clothing
    Ermin's day-to-day outfits could be best described as practical and while it may be fit for a noble, it lacks of any extra ribbons, laces, or jewels. light in both color and weight, his clothing are usually made of cotton, linen, or wool. He does own some more expensive outfits though he only wears them to important occasions.
    0e4cdbe4fb1470f9555237790381fd69.jpg

• Personality:
    Ermin is the embodiment of brutal efficiency and merciless justice. Loyal to his house and to the royal family to a fault, his methods of dealing with his enemies have caused others to wonder if he was truly the heir to the House of Drusus and not an Esper impostor. Furthermore, he does not seem to harbor any exceptional resentment towards the House of Esper like many others in his family but rather as just another house to keep his eyes on.
    Like the prince, Ermin can come off as aloof and distant, rarely ever voicing his thoughts and keeping them to himself. When he does speak, he speaks bluntly with little regard to the feelings of others. This is not to say that Ermin is incapable of tact or manners but he does think of them as unnecessary and a waste of time especially when he's trying to get something done.
    He does possess a more human side which he reserves for only those closest to him. Around them, he allows himself to show more emotion, laughing, smiling, crying, etc like any other normal human. His duty as a Drusus, however, will always come first and as long as the House of Drusus stands as Latun's shield, Ermin will stand as its blade.

Bio/History:
    The supposed firstborn to Protus Rui'en Drusus, mystery surrounds the actual details of Ermin's birth. While it is confirmed that he has the blood of Drusus, no doctors or midwives have come forward to confirm who his birth mother is. As such, rumors surround Ermin and his birth right as heir, ranging from being a bastard son to having been replaced as a babe by changelings.
    Growing up, Ermin was taught that as a Drusus, he was to be a defender for Latun, its people and its king. While other members interpreted this duty as simply responding to danger and threats, Ermin took a step further and actively sought out these threats, eliminating them before they began. As such, he ended up creating an a sort of symbiotic relationship with the members of the House of Esper, using their spies to root out potential threats to the kingdom while using his influence as heir to help cover up some of their darker dealings.

• Magic:
    Barrier Magic - More of a "style" of magic rather than an actual type for Ermin, he utilizes a mixture of abjuration, ward, and enchantment magic in his own unconventional way. While many may think of abjuration as merely healing and shielding magic, Ermin wields it in a way that reflects his brutality and his role as the sword of Drusus. He particularly a style of one-sided barriers, allowing projectiles, weapons, and individuals to pass in one direction but not the other. He has also mastered the technique of changing the shape and size of these barriers though the larger and more spread out they become, the weaker and harder to maintain they become as well.

Weapon:
    Ermin's upbringing has allowed him to train in a variety of weapons and styles. As his personal fighting style usually revolves around direct, heavy attacks using his great physical strength, however, his favored weapon is a two handed longsword given to him as a parting gift by one of his tutors. While many others may find the weapon clumsy and difficult to use due to its size and weight, Ermin has found it perfect for tearing through his enemy and knocking them aside.
    50fc78eb715efeca449310de17d3f815--sharp-objects-fantasy-weapons.jpg

Armor:
    Besides his magic, Ermin also relies on heavy armor to protect him. A full set of armor, it covers him from head to toe and is personally enchanted to not only protect him but also boost his personal strength, transforming its wearer into a walking medieval tank. While this makes him nigh unstoppable on the battlefield, it comes at the price of its weight to which even Ermin would have trouble dealing with if he does not continuously train himself.
    1eea01bc11981f6f57304d41750f0149-700.jpg
[TABS][/tabs]

Last edited:
Very interested, been craving something exactly like this. Glad I came here xd

Question; would I be allowed to make my own family/house and if so would you want me to PM you about it? That way I could better understand what I am creating and I can work with you to plan out some of my house's history... If that would be possible?

Question; would I be allowed to make my own family/house and if so would you want me to PM you about it? That way I could better understand what I am creating and I can work with you to plan out some of my house's history... If that would be possible?
I was thinking about this for a bit and yes you can. I would prefer you pm about the house and stuff so I can work it into the story well enough

I was thinking about this for a bit and yes you can. I would prefer you pm about the house and stuff so I can work it into the story well enough

Thank you. I will be working through a few notes and stuff, then PM you first thing tomorrow <3

WIP
Desdemona Esper

"The unknown is beautiful where you can imagine endless possibilities in the dark. Whilst people who saw the light regret and despair. The darkness is a beautiful lie that we all live, the darkness we all have in ourselves. An illusion that we all dream of until reality hits... and we see the light."

GENERAL
latest

Full name
Desdemona Esper

Nickname:
Des, Mona, or D

Clan name
Esper

Race
Fae

APPEARANCE
latest

Height
∆ 5"

Weight
∆ 97lbs

Eye Color
∆Grey

Hair Color
∆White

Notable Features:
∆Olive skin
∆Scar on her cheek
∆Black feline tattoo on the nape of her neck

Attire:
While she isn't against dresses, Desdemona finds leggings and long thigh high boots matched with a long sleeved tunic far more practical. She detests loose clothing with a passion as they tend to get in the way of practically everything, the only exceptions being pieces she could remove with ease. Her signature colors of choice are white, black, and gold. Desdemona is hardly ever seen without her trademark white hooded robe lined with gold thread and a mask that covers the lower half of her face. Due to her sensitivity to sunlight, she may also occasionally be seen with a parasol or thin veil to block the strong rays.

BACKGROUND
latest

Personality
Like the darkness she rules over, Desdemona is seen as cold and mysterious in the eyes of many. As the most proficient fighter in her clan, she is considered strong and keeps up appearances like many nobles, showing off a proud and aloof temperament as if nothing has anything to do with her. However, out of the eyes of the public, she is pretty amiable, and kind, albeit soft spoken. Despite her seemingly gentle demeanor, Desdemona isn’t one willing to be pushed around. With her emotions most often directing her, she has a bit of a stubborn streak when it comes to those she wishes to protect or those she wishes to kill. After her sister's death, Desdemona decided to put great effort into treating each day as if it were her last, hoping to live her sisters life for her as well so as to not let her death go to waste.

~On the flip side, she strongly believes everything you are should just go out of the window when lives are at stake and will not hesitate to kill if another’s life depends on it or if the crown wishes it.

Bio

Desdemona is the firstborn of one of the Esper's higher branches and current heiress in line, the original being her younger twin sister sister; Gwyn. The two naturally grew up together and supported each other through thick and thin. Although their father couldn't tell the two apart at a glance, he had long chosen Gwyn as his favorite. She was strong, decisive, and showed the most potential when it came to leading. Almost as if the polar opposite, Desdemona was a huge crybaby with a bleeding heart and displayed only subpar skills in training. Their mother, however, was a loving and wise woman who doted on the two girls and shielded them from the cruel reality of the world as much as possible.

It all came to an end when the selection for the heir to be came along.

Their powers had always been a little strange when compared to the abilities bestowed to the other clans. Unlike the others, the Esper clan were bestowed their abilities by their guardian, Guenhwyvar which was from an entirely different plane, one no light could ever reach. Long ago, the founder of their clan formed a contract of sorts with the large feline after defeating it in battle. It is because of this contract that it bestowed not only its abilities but knowledge of how to summon its subjects from the alternate plane. The catch, however, was for only the strongest of each generation to have the right.

After Guenhwyvar passed, the Esper clan began a long-standing tradition among them that quickly became their darkest secret. Once a decade, they'd hide away and hold a ceremony to decide who would be granted the privilege of obtaining a shadow cat from their guardian. What few but those who have actually obtained their partners actually know, is that in order to bind their souls together, another soul is needed to bind the two so neither of the contracted partners could free themselves or kill their partners. To those who survive the ordeal, the entire ceremony is nothing more than the average competition. However, to those chosen, it is the day they lose someone close to them.

When it came to Desdemona, she was the sacrifice chosen since she lacked the skills to take part in the actual competition. With no bond closer than that of twins, the Superior prepared the ritual and placed the two in an enclosed area for Gwyn to do the deed in a private setting. Unexpectedly, Desdemona emerged battered and bruised. Whether Gwyn ended her own life or not remains unknown to all but Desdemona and Gwyn.

After that ordeal, her mother departed from the world, unable to bear the feeling of having lost a child. This left Desdemona in the hands of her father, who focused entirely on honing her into the daughter he wanted. It was through his training that her nature took an abrupt change into a mix of both her and her sister’s personalities, making her into a bit of a complicated person in the process and a little unsure of her exact identity.

With so much of her time catching up on training, she never got to actually meet any royals despite moving into the palace once her position was confirmed. For the most part, training and learning are all she has ever known. With so little experience, Desdemona looks forward to the day she could serve her purpose.

ARSENAL
latest

Magic focus
Umbrakinesis-The ability to manipulate and shape darkness and shadows. With Desdemona this includes the ability to solidify shadows to create constructs and weapons within reason, limited travel through shadows by melding into them, and naturally using them as camouflage.

Notes:
• When completely immersed in darkness, she becomes one with it to the point that it brings about a variety of effects. On the plus side, it enhances not only her agility and resistance to physical blows but also her flexibility as she gains the ability to shapeshift in this form. However, her aversion to light itself becomes problematic to the point where direct contact with it burns her and may prove fatal if she doesn't revert to her original form in time or if exposed to sunlight itself.

• Her eyes are sensitive to light so she wears a thin veil that nonetheless impairs her vision to some degree during the day. When that isn't an option, a parasol also does the job to an extent.

Weaknesses:
• Light is by far both a great strength and her greatest weakness as shadows cannot exist without it. Even at night, her powers rely on the light of the moon. In order to use her abilities well, there needs to be a certain balance. Too much light and she only has a limited amount of shadows with which to manipulate. On top of that, she is unable to solidify them in broad daylight. However, the absence of it leaves her with nothing to use as a catalyst. The ideal scenario would be on the night of a full moon.

• Desdemona is also unable to create darkness itself and can only manipulate what is already present. In order to gain access the connection to darkness, she must make physical contact with a shadow, be it her own or another's. Using the starting shadow as a catalyst of sorts, she can then connect to any other shadow in sight. If her sight is impaired, so are her abilities to control the shadows around her.

• She is petite and greatly lacks in both strength and defense which forces her rely primarily on stealth and speed.

• Prolonged exposure to merging with shadows leads to fear induced madness and loss of sense of reality. The probability of the loss of control makes Desdemona reluctant to use her abilities to the best of her potential.

Weapon
Desdemona is proficient in her skills with chained weapons constructed by her abilities. However, since they are rather lacking in the daytime, she wears a clawed gauntlet on one hand for close combat situations and is capable with daggers or throwing knives for mid to long range.

Mount
Gwyn
Her mount is a Shadow panther from a dark plane where no form of light will ever reach. By tying the Panther down with a name and sacrificing her own twin sister to bridge their connection, Desdemona painfully succeeded in establishing a link with the Esper's guardian beast. Though both are linked to one another empathetically and through their spiritual connection, Gwyn isn't required to take Desdemona as its master. Sentient and proud, the beast tends to make its own decisions and will only follow orders when it brings it some benefits. As an effect of the sacrifice, the spiritual link between them forces the two to coexist. If one dies, the other naturally follows, encouraging the two to work together to the end.

Armor
Desdemona wears little armor. What armor she does wear is crafted of the lightest yet highest quality metal or leather available. With stealth being her highest priority, most of her garb consists of dark colored items. For the most part, the only piece of metal you would find would be her clawed gauntlet which she wears on her left hand for close combat. As far as leather goes, she wears it over her vitals and extremities.

Example, I guess?

Extra
latest

Dialogue
#00688B

FC
Art by Chubymi

Other:
"Dialogue"

`Thoughts`
Actions

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Astronaut
So, whenever I try to message someone privately, all I get is a box for me to select a destination forum but no way for me to actually type and send a message???

Is this a bug/problem/"feature" of the site?

So, whenever I try to message someone privately, all I get is a box for me to select a destination forum but no way for me to actually type and send a message???

Is this a bug/problem/"feature" of the site?

ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴇss sᴀᴠᴇ ᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ɪᴛ. ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀsᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜɪɴɢ.

I can't get it to work...

Old version of the site was simple, functional. And this is what I come back to

There should be a button that just says "Save". Click on that and you're all set to start a new conversation. Alternatively, go to your inbox by clicking the "show all" and there you should find a button that says "stat conversation". You can click on that to start a new conversation as well.

If that doesn't work you can always hit me up on discord and I'll respond right away

Reactions: ValGalorian
"Family. Duty. Honour."

fa06393be3887b568e7af9e18a2290fa.jpg

Details
First Name: Val.
House Name: Galorian.
Race: Human.
Physical Description: Val is around 5'9" and weighs in at 180lbs. With a lean but muscular build. He has short, black hair and brown eyes. White skin, maybe a little on the paler side.

Abilities
Magic: Limited protection-based magic, known to the Galorian family as Guardian magic. Able to create simple shields and pieces of armor out of mana, and generate force fields and barriers. However, Val is not especially proficient with magic as his family has not studied this form of magic since their fall.
Weapon: Silver Star of Songs. One of two family heirlooms. A sword made to keep the peace (as opposed to the Silver Sword of Storms, made during a time of terrible conflict to put an end to war).
Armor: Simple set of steel armor, designed to be lightweight. Val's armor consists of a blue tabard over simple leather clothes, with steel grieves, gauntlets, right shoulder pauldron, and helmet. Also carries a steel heater shield.
Mount: Hilda, an old mare who was once ridden by his father.

Personal
Personality: Trained to be careful and calculated in combat. He is overly confident, for good reason, of his martial prowess. And that confidence does transfer over to other parts of his life too. Val is a very protective person of those he cares about, but if he doesn't care about you then he will likely just get annoyed by you. And never insult his family or mention their failures as bodyguards... Nothing will make Val so angry as that!

But he's not just an over confident, honourable, stereotypical knight. He is smart and well studied. Having been raised by a noble family, albeit now a lesser noble family, he was taught to read and write. He also understands the social and political situations at court. Furthermore, Val is well versed in battle tactics and campaign strategies. However, his biggest weaknesses are easily his over confidence and how much he also underestimates other people. Furthermore, Val can be quick to judge others. All of this often creates an a large oversight in any plans he makes.

Bio/History: Val was raised and trained to be a knight, as is the Galorian custom. As the oldest son, he should of been training to be in the royal guard. But the Galorian family no longer held that honour. His family's bitter disgrace and them now being social outcasts was always a source of contempt for Val. He grew up training and learning to protect but would never be given the chance to actually protect those his family were sworn to.

Through his childhood and into his teenage yeas, Val's training continued. At seventeen, he vowed that he would make the Galorians a part of the royal guard again. And kept training for that purpose. Then, at twenty-four, he made a public appeal to the king, in his court, to be placed into his royal guard. And the king accepted. Finally! For the first time in too many generations, a Galorian was a royal guard. But the king did not assign Val to protect him. Instead, he placed Val into the service of his son. Val was to protect the spoiled, pretentious, brat of a prince.

Last edited:
3cdf52ee01997d08b1d2724b4acf60ea.png

• First Name: Cecil

House Name: Claudius

Race: Elf

• Height
    6'1"

Weight
    220 lbs

Eye Color
    Crimson/Slate Grey

Hair Color
    Silver

Typical Attire:
    Cecil's typical attire is a tunic stitched with gold and silver, an image of two dragons engaged in fierce combat sown into the fabric. A dark ivory dragon broach at his neck holds in place a crimson cape with a hood that is usually drawn over his head in public. At his waist is fastened a black leather belt the buckle the same image of a dragon on the silver buckle, an ebony colored sheathe always hangs on his left hip. His trousers are of the same black cloth that his tunic is, and they lead down to a pair of black sharkskin riding boots fastened at the sides by silver buckles, polished to a shiny black.

Short Description of Appearance:
    An imposing physical figure, his hair is silver, flowing down to just above his shoulder, retrained neatly behind his ears and his piercing dual crimson and grey colored eyes are set upon a face that holds wisdom beyond his years. A line of black facial hair lines his jaw, and a scar adorns his face, just to the right of his nose, extending to the corner of his eye. He stands at six feet with a finely crafted tunic adorning his athletic and toned frame, and carries himself proudly.

Notable Features:
    -Heterochromia, with one eye a crimson red and the other a slate grey
    -A small birthmark underneath the chin

• Sword: While few would describe his sword as something particularly legendary, the sword that fills Cecil's Ebony sheathe is one of particular note. Passed down from generation to generation of Elves within his family, wielded in battle countless times. It is the symbolic weapon wielded by the leaders and soon to be heirs of the Claudius family, and is a symbol of his prestige as heir to the title.

images

Armor: Cecil's armor is not particularly visually impressive. A simple suit of crossing leather strips over a green tunic, reinforced by a chestpiece, bracers, and greaves. However, the intricately woven leather allows the Elf's natural speed and agility to flourish in combat, giving him great ease of movement in combat.

latest

Magic: Transmutation magic is a strength within his family, allowing those who are adept at it to take on distinctly animalistic features through morphing their various body parts into the corresponding animals. While certain things cannot be replicated without fully transmuting into that animal. Most practitioners do not see it as a "main" magic to be relied upon, however that is not so in the Claudius family. Cecil and his family specialize in this field of magic, and have a reputation for being able to transmute themselves into many animals. They particularly enjoy fully morphing into animals, fully incorporating various forms of those animals into everything from diplomacy to combat to travel.

• Personality: A people pleaser that is wise beyond his years, Cecil prefers to avoid conflict and make as many allies as possible where he can. He is a trustworthy friend to those who are good to him, always available to help, and often doing what he can for those friends he has. He does not restrain his disdain for those he dislikes and is outright vengeful towards those who have wronged him or betrayed his trust.

Bio/History: Cecil grew up knowing his place in society. He was raised as the heir to one of the five most important families in the kingdom, and his life had already been set in stone from the time he took his first breath. From the moment he could walk and talk there was a sense of loyalty, duty, and honor to his family instilled in him. At the same time these feelings were instilled in him, he began training to take over as head of his family. Initially he began by learning simple things, such as swordplay and manners to be used at formal gatherings, watched closely by a slew of tutors. Then, as he got older and the basics had been established, moved on to the more intricate duties of his family, such as the keeping of the country's history. He was taught the finer arts of diplomacy, things such as who to bow his head to, who should bow their head to him, and how to exploit openings in the demeanor of others to his advantage.

As he grew he quickly proved himself to be a shrewd diplomat with the other noble families, and was given more responsibility by his father. By the age, still a adolescent by the standards of elves, he had taken over all relations with the lower families. He earned a reputation for being cold and cunning with those he dealt with, and the results showed. The influence house Claudias held was strengthened with the other lower houses after only a few years. He remained in this position with his family, learning, even as the half-elf heir was born and raised. When it was decided that the heirs to the five houses would all travel to the Empire, accompanying the crown prince to his chosen place of schooling within the Empire.