Last Chance House (Shadez & Bored)

Ivy took a moment to look at her phone and text Dez back, smiling softly to herself at how sweet he was being. It had been a while since they'd been on this friendly of terms and she was quite enjoying it. After sending back 'you'd better, this guy is weird', she turned her full attention onto Ven. He seemed to brighten a bit when Dez was out of sight and began asking all the questions he could think of. Ivy happily answered what she could, being vague when she thought appropriate since she didn't want to spoil anything, but it was obvious that she was constantly looking around for Dez's return.

~X~

Roland was stuck in an uncomfortable conversation with a security guard when he spotted Dez, making intense 'save me' eye contact. When the other male got closer he politely excused himself and moved to Dez. "Are you done? Where is Ivy?" He expected the young girl to be lost in a book store somewhere and wasn't too worried. He hadn't taken this little outing too seriously and was hoping that by the time they got home that everything was back to normal. "I think we should leave now."

Dez chuckled to himself as he found Roland engaged with another officer, eyes pleading. Pointing back towards the cafe with his thumb, he offered the other a slight smile.
"We…. made a friend…" he said, trying to sound happy about this, though still found himself frowning, despite himself.
"An acer…friend…" he said lower, giving Roland a meaningful look as he led them back to the Cafe, letting out a sigh of relief as he noticed Ivy and Ven were still where he'd left them.

"Really?" Roland asked, frowning in his obvious irritation with them finding another Acer. People were known to be liars and he wouldn't believe this until he saw it himself. "And I assume you left Ivy alone with this person?" It was easy with his emotionless tone of voice to keep the judgment out, but his gaze showed some irritation with Dez. He didn't wait for an answer as he began to head to the cafe.

In the mean time Ven was asking question after question, making Ivy more and more aware of how dirty her own mind was. There were some major instances in her story in which things were quite tame and she actually enjoyed talking about it. The main character Gene was bullied often as as a child and this was something that she assumed Ven, as well as most of her readers, were relating to. She'd been bullied and unloved for so long that when actual affection came her way she didn't know what to do with it, Gene that is.

It pained her to admit that her main love interest had a lot of similarities to Dez. She blushed furiously when Ven brought this up and denied it, saying that Zaire (the main love interest to Gene) was just something she had made up on her own. The fact that he had some form of teleportation abilities didn't mean anything to back up his own opinion since Ven didn't know Dez's Acer was portals. She was just getting more flustered when she spotted Dez coming back with Roland, letting out an audible sigh.

Ven frowned, finding it a little insulting that Ivy was so relieved to have her friends back when he was just beginning to get into his questions. He'd been obsessed with Ivy's story for a years now, it having literally saved his life at some points, and to have the author in front of him was just amazing. Ven was having some difficulty with wrapping his brain around the concept that this was his favorite author AND he was probably going to seriously injure her in a few days. The higher ups didn't really want the four Last Chance kids to get killed, since they needed to be the face of this bomb threat, but a few wounds here and there would really sell things.

As Dez and Roland approached the table Ven resisted the urge to disappear, knowing that using his ability so blatantly in public would cause some issues, but it was difficult with Roland towering over him. He scooted away from the table and stood up himself, being actually pretty tall despite his childlike behavior, but it didn't make him feel any less uneasy. "H-hello..." He stuttered out, pleading eyes finding Ivy who was surprised at her instant affection for this weirdo. She stood up as well and placed a hand on Ven's shoulder, hoping the contact would give him strength.

"This is Ven, we literally just met." While Roland did scare Ivy a bit she felt a little better at knowing someone else was more scared of him. "Don't worry. He's one of us." She dropped her voice to say this, noticing that some people in the cafe were watching them. "Are you ready to go home now?"

"Home?" Ven asked and Roland grew darker, not trusting this strange boy. "You guys live in the area?"

The Last Chance people shared a look, uneasy about revealing their location to anyone even if they did have an ability. "Kinda." Ivy said and then she pulled out her own notebook and pen, scribbling something down quickly. Roland looked over her shoulder to make sure it wasn't their address and frowned a little less when he noticed it was just a bunch of numbers and an email. Unless this guy was a genius hacker he wouldn't be finding them from that. "Shoot me a text next week?" She hoped that by then this whole bomb threat ordeal was dealt with, though she wondered if he could be a great help to them. This was something they'd have to talk over back at the house.

Ven nodded, holding the scrap of paper like it was a life line and she chuckled uncomfortably. Ivy motioned for Roland and Dez to follow her and left the mall.

Last edited:
Dez shot Roland a glare, grumbling to himself as they made their way back to the table.
'You're the one who missed the meet time, asshole…' he thought to himself, reaching his social limits for the day.
As they reached the table, he finished up his coffee, letting Roland get more of a feel for Ven this time round. Giving the others a bit of space, his mind wandered and he found himself checking his phone again, absently. It seemed appropriate, he thought, since the others seemed a little put off by his presence earlier on, Roland being the exception to the rule since he was ALWAYS annoyed by Dez's presence.
Still no response from Cal.
"Sooooo… do we like this guy? I can't really tell. Seems kind of like an oddball to me," Dez offered, opening up the discussion to the other two as they left the mall. He wasn't sure if they'd give an answer, but he figured asking couldn't hurt. It kept his mind off of the anticipation and worry over his sister. Considering her again, he gave Roland a meaningful look, opened his mouth to say something, then closed it again, realizing he already knew the answer to his question, letting out a frustrated sigh instead. He'd just have to wait until they got home. Glancing at Ivy, he shook his head. She was even less likely to be in contact with Cal, their relationship being even less civil than his own.
"Find anything interesting on the whole threat situation, while we're at it? I found a lot of security information and exits, but nothing that left me believing there was an actual threat…"

As soon as Dez opened his mouth Ivy grabbed a hold of his hand, giving it a firm squeeze in an effort to shut him up. She didn't want to come out and say what she thought about Ven until she was sure he wasn't listening in. The guy had the freaking ability to turn not only invisible but basically non-existent. He could be following them home now, she thought as they boarded the next bus. "He seemed perfectly fine." As if to try and get her point across she squeezed a little harder when she said 'fine', but kept her eyes straight ahead. "And his Acer is pretty cool, too." She made a point to not acknowledge his last question, not wanting to discuss it out in the open.

Ivy didn't drop Dez's hand until they boarded the bus and then she made a point to sit beside Roland, trusting that if someone was following them that he'd be the first to feel it. She knew he controlled some form of shields, but didn't know exactly how it worked. Roland was pensive on the ride back to the house and that was just fine with Ivy as she pulled out the book Dez had bought her and dug in.

When they did get back home she once more took hold of Dez, this time a little less graciously, and tugged him into the study. "Alright, Roland gave me the piss poor notes he took. Let's see what we've got and formulate a sort of guard plan." She carefully cleared space off on the desk, moving her laptop to the reading nook, and began spreading papers out. "Also, Ven was...interesting." A blush covered her cheeks easily as she recalled how her secret occupation had been said in front of Dez. "But he's a distraction we can visit after this threat is over with."

~X~

Interesting, Ven beamed at the word and how it was used to describe him. Dez had ruffled his pride a little earlier by saying he was an oddball, but hearing his favorite author compliment him was nice. He stared down at the papers the three had gathered, glad that the bigger one hadn't joined them, and grinned. What did they plan on doing with security information? It seemed like he was going to have to help them out a bit.

~X~

As Roland entered the house, watching Ivy monopolize Dez, he sighed. It had been a long time since he'd had someone to spent time with. Whether it was still just him ignoring Cal or her ignoring the whole world, he didn't know anymore. But he wasn't surprised when he found his feet making their way to the familiar door. Roland rapped his knuckles lightly against it, wondering if she was even home considering how late she seemed to stay out, but waited nonetheless.

Dez nearly jumped out of his skin when Ivy grasped his hand, narrowing his eyes at the girl as she spoke about Ven, confused on why she felt the need to hold his hand to talk about how cool he was. It was enough to quell his thoughts about Cal for the time being, something he'd address when he got home.
Taking a seat on the bus, he frowned as Ivy took a seat next to Roland, even more confused than he had been moments before. His mind wandered to Ven and what Ivy said, and he found himself bristling with mild jealousy.
'So he can disappear… big deal…' he thought, watching the mall pass one last time before it turned towards the institute. Drumming his fingers on his thigh, he tried not to be too frustrated.

As he was mounting the stairs, Ivy tugged Dez towards the study with a hard yank, earning a clumsy trip from Dez as they changed directions, his original destination being upstairs. Surprised, Dez opened his mouth to speak, only Ivy to begin.
"Wait… I thought we weren't talking about this…are we still worried about the threat? And he…was…yeah, I don't really want to talk about Ven. Can we skip that part?" he asked, still mildly irritated from the events of the day. He was not in the mood to hear more about how 'cool' Ven was, especially when he knew so much more about Ivy than Dez did before. It left him at a loss. She was completely okay with kissing him, even it if was nothing to brag about, and not the least bit interested in sharing meaningful things like her work with him. Dez crossed his arms, unknowingly taking a rather defensive stance, more tense than usual.
"I pinpointed exits, cameras, and a few other safety protocols that are in place at the mall here, here, and here," he added hastily, pointing to some of the maps, trying to better control his attitude.

~x~

Cal jumped under the covers as she heard the door open and close again, the familiar footsteps of the others returning home putting her on edge. Shimmying deeper under the covers, she groaned, heart racing when she heard a knock at the door.
"Dez, I told you I just scraped my knee—" Cal started, pausing when she found Roland at the door, rather than her insistent pest of a brother. Her eyes met his for a brief moment, but hastily looked away, the door swaying so there was more of a separation between the two than an opening.
"Hi…" she said, deflated. Looking away, she caught a glimpse of her reflection in a mirror to her right. Her frown only deepened, doing little to accent the bags under her eyes, or her shrinking physique. Running until all hours had built up her strength, sure, but it didn't counteract the lack of sleep or nutrition she was getting day to day.
"What do you want, Roland?"

"Dez." Ivy glanced up from all the papers, the male earning a sharp glare from her. "I just didn't think we should talk about a bomb threat on a bus, my bad." Though she was a bit irritated by his general attitude she tried to keep her tone at least a little apologetic. "And I am still worried about the threat...Are you not? I," Her hands fluttered helplessly above the notes as she looked between Dez and the ground, unable to really voice herself. Why was it always like this, she wondered. She could write words that moved people, but couldn't hold one simple conversation.

When Dez began listing what he had found Ivy tried to ease her own tension a bit, but the way he was standing was a little off putting. When he pointed at the notes on the table she took an unconscious step away from him, worried about confrontation. Normally she'd be fired up for a fight, pun intended, but not with how raw she was feeling. It had only been this morning that she'd found the note that showed someone had broken into her safe space. "What's wrong with you?" The words were out of her mouth before she could check herself, but then she steeled herself for a verbal spare. Maybe this was what they needed, to talk whatever was clearly bothering him out.

Ven tilted his head in mild interest as it looked like the two friends were about to tear each other's heads off. It was strange since they had seemed so friendly in the mall. He began to walk around the study, taking in what he could of the surroundings. He was a little bummed that they weren't still talking about him, being naturally curious to hear about himself from other's perspective, but it didn't stop his real purpose for being here.

The strange eyed boy glared at the back of Dez's head as he stood behind him. Why'd she have to bring this guy in here? Ven had had a whole thing planned out of revealing himself to Ivy and getting her to keep him around for the next three days. He had been given good information about how the girl spent her time cooped up in this study, alone, but that didn't seem to be the case today.

~X~

"Let's eat." Was all Roland said, not pushing further into the room but having enough of an opening to see the girl in front of him. Or what was left of Cal, it seemed. How had he missed this change? And did she say she'd gotten hurt recently? "You know I'll probably burn a pot of water without help." Though one couldn't tell from his face, with its' usual blankness and silent demanding, he was basically pleading with her. This would be the closest he could come to ignoring his hurt pride in an effort to talk to his best friend again. Had it been too long since they'd talked for her to see that, he wondered as he took a step back into the hall to make room for her to leave the room.

Dez looked over at Ivy, caught off guard by her question, his frustration only rising.
"What's wrong with me? I'm just trying to tell you what I found. What do you mean?" he asked, trying not to let his attitude flare anymore than it already was. Usually, he was able to keep a better hold of his temper, but the events of the day had him feeling uneasy and off. Only growing more frustrated by the minute, he plopped himself down in a nearby chair, his thoughts starting to nag him.
'Of course he had a cool acer ability… he could even fucking control his…' he thought, letting out another haughty breath as he glared up at the ceiling, hand drumming on the table at a rather accelerated pace this time, knee bouncing in rhythm.

~x~

Cal's jaw clenched and she had to bite her lip for a brief moment to keep it from quivering. Taking in a deep breath and letting out the longest sigh, she attempted to calm her nerves, hand shaking on the door.
"You don't need my help," she said, her tone challenging. They had all gotten along just fine in the last few weeks without her. She didn't understand why now was so different.

"So this huffy moody Dez is just how you are in general and I've been blind to it for the years we've lived together?" Ivy snapped, turning her attention back to the table and papers. She swiped Dez's hand off the table, not really aware of the sparks at her fingers tips, and swore when some of the papers caught fire. "Of course." Her eyes fluttered closed for a moment and then she began swatting out the tiny flames, not really hurt by her own fire. "Just Ivy being a brat again. Just Ivy reading into things." Just Ivy wishing she didn't feel like she was being watched.

The scene before Ven was almost too cringy that at a few points he felt like making himself visible just for a change in topic. It was clear the Dez was upset about something, to which even Ven was at a loss, and that Ivy was shaken up by the note Ven himself had left. He felt a little bad, seeing the slight shake to her hands that she tried to hide by constantly moving them. It was a habit that her main character had, or else he might not have even picked up on it. If only this pain wasn't necessary, he thought as he hovered near the laptop on the reading nook, but you had to break a few eggs to make an omlette.

~X~

Roland saw the shaking in Cal's hand and his own tightened into fists at his side as he held back the urge to reach out. Since they'd spent so long apart his own resolve was slipping it seemed. But he still had enough to wits to keep himself in control as he peeled his gaze away from the hand and back to her face. "I can only eat so many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches." It was the true, the evidence in the empty jar of peanut butter he'd just thrown out. "I'd ask Ivy, but something tells me..." He trailed off, though it seemed like he just stopped talking. "Please?" The word sounded slow in his mouth, but out loud it was harsh.

• Love
Reactions: ShadezAblaze
Dez broke his rhythm, hands moving to his hair, and settling on his neck. The whole conversation had his blood boiling to a point. Holding his breath for a moment, he was able to catch himself.
"No….sorry," he said, voice calmer than it'd ever been before.
"I'm just… confused…sorry," he added, shooting Ivy a tense, yet apologetic look. He was trying to bury the frustration, something he was well aware only worked temporarily. Standing rather abruptly, he moved to her side, tapping where the sheets had ignited.
"You seemed really upset this morning, but all you've said since we left the mall was how 'cool' Ven was. I'm trying to take this seriously, but I don't understand…. shouldn't we be talking about the threat?"

~x~

Cal coughed, trying to hide her surprise as she opened the door a fraction, tears starting to prick at her eyes. Inhaling sharply, she managed to quell them before fully opening the door and limping past him towards the kitchen, taking a little longer to descend the stairs as she would have liked, wincing once before turning back to look at him.
"What're we making?" she asked, taking the last step, jaw clenching as she let out a hiss of pain. Wiggling her leg to dull the ache, she sighed again, and continued towards the kitchen, trying not to think about the pain. Opening the fridge, she scanned for ingredients, struggling to keep focussed.

"How cool Ven is?" Ivy paused in her movements so she could give Dez a very confused look, her eyebrows knitting together. The guy was a weirdo and a fan, so cool wasn't exactly the word she would use to describe him. Then it clicked and she smacked a hand to her face. "Oh, that!" She chuckled and resisted the urge to swat Dez, her bad mood gone instantly. "The guy can basically Danny Phantom us at any time. Who's to say he isn't in the room right now? I was just being jumpy." Still am, she thought but didn't want to mention that. Ivy needed Dez to be the calm rational one right now. "The threat is important. Ven is just a fan of my...work?" The blush was back and she made a point of moving to the other side of the desk. "Why? Jealous?" The words were followed by a tiny snort of amusement on her end, finding the idea ridiculous.

Ven perked up once more at the mention of his name, like a child being handed candy. He never really heard anything good about himself and to image someone actually being jealous of him was nice. Not that he understood where Dez was coming from. Ivy was just the creator of something he loved. Since it seemed like things were dying down in this room Ven decided to look around the rest of the house. It never hurt to know your surroundings and he hoped that by the time he got back that Dez would be gone. Ven figured if push came to shove he'd just have to wake the girl up when she went to sleep tonight.

~X~

Roland instantly regretted asking for Cal's help with cooking. He hadn't known she'd been that hurt and it pained him to see that she was walking around when she clearly could barely stand. Every limp and wince was like a jab to his gut that he knew he wouldn't soon recover from. "What ever's easiest." He said, but then quickly added. "And warm." His stomach growled at the prospect of something other than a sandwich.

It was awkward, being this close to Cal but not knowing what to say. So many words and feelings were running through Roland, though he looked like a very pissed off statue. It wasn't until his gaze landed on the window and he looked outside that he realized he knew just what to say to break the ice. "Someone broke into the study today." His tone wasn't alarmed, or even phased, so an outsider would assume that he didn't care at all. But really if this wasn't a prank by one of them, then this was serious.

This answer had obviously not occurred to Dez, his face taking on a brilliant shade of red as the information sunk in.
"Not at all…" he mumbled weakly, looking away from the girl as shame swelled within him. He coughed, deflecting.
"At least he's read your work. You never share anything that personal with the rest of us~" he complained, pouting at her, picking up one of the sheets and fanning her with it at just a distance from her nose that it was meant to be a mild irritant. He didn't want to admit it, but he knew he was being petty in that instant.

~x~

Cal nodded, opening one of the cabinets to rummage for spices and noodles when she caught Roland's addition. Spinning to look at him, alarmed, her leg hit the lower cabinet. Cursing, she was on her knees in an instant, holding her leg.
"Is— Is everyone alright? Jesus. You waited until now to tell me this? Is Ivy okay? Oh fuck…" she rushed, her gaze moving from Roland and back to her leg again, drips of blood starting to show through her pants. Letting out a sigh, she gave Roland an apologetic look.
"Do you think you could stomach takeout tonight?" she asked, pressing her palm into the wound before standing, wobbling awkwardly as she attempted to make her way to the lower bathroom.

Ivy tilted her head at Dez's off behavior once more, but smiled softly at him. She grabbed the paper and pulled it out his hand, setting it back down the desk. "I don't think you could handle reading my books. Yeah, plural." Her eyes scanned the notes and she began putting the in some sort of order while she searched for the map of the building. "I'm honestly surprised that Ven read them. He seems like a classics kinda guy." Another flick of her eyes on Dez to make sure he was paying attention to how she was setting up the papers.

"You can't listen to the streaming though." Ivy straightened up and placed her hands on the desk a little too hard, cheeks flaming again with her own shame. "I honestly never thought the day would come when someone from the house learned about that, but at least it was just you." It took a lot of will power to keep looking at Dez, especially considering all the confusing thoughts running through her mind. "I can show you the books, but not the recordings, okay?"

And since she didn't expect him to take her up on the offer she bent back over the desk and began writing with a red pen on the mall's map, muttering softly to herself.

~X~

Roland cursed as Cal hit her already injured leg, but his eyes widened at the sight of blood. He had been in the process of reassuring Cal that everyone was fine so his mouth was slack as he just stared. He'd never been a fan of blood and it made the rest of what Cal was saying go quiet in his mind. It wasn't until he saw her moving again that he leapt into action, closing the distance between them.

Without even really considering what he was doing he had wrapped an arm under Cal's arm and around her back, attempting to support her bad side as she walked. He of course kept a shield up around himself at all times, so the feeling of her against him was next to nothing, but he still surprised himself with his own actions. Maybe it was because of their time apart, or that he was growing used to the company of others, or that he just couldn't stand still while his friend was in pain. But Roland, inside the stoic appearance he always wore, was struck to the core at the fact that he was touching Cal.

If he hadn't had such perfect control over his own emotions he would have closed his eyes and stood still, but he forced himself to keep moving. While Roland's body felt robotic in its' movements to himself he actually appeared to be just fine on the outside. His only worry as he helped Cal along was that the girl was going to push him away and probably injure herself even further, so he kept his hold firm.

A cheeky grin spread on Dez's face, an eyebrow quirking as he sat up a tad straighter, pushing the map Ivy was looking for in front of her.
"Read it to me in person?" he asked, chuckling darkly, grin spreading as he waited for her response.
"Or should we act it out?" he teased, wiggling his fingers at her in a mocking fashion. Although his tone said otherwise, he was only partially kidding in that instant.

~x~

Cal let out a squeal of surprise, tensing instantly in Roland's grasp, taking an extra second to focus. In that span, she could feel her ability to focus slipping, brain muddled with exhaustion.
'Just a few more steps. The bathroom is right there,' she told herself, clearing the space and taking a seat on the edge of the tub.
"Shut the door," she commanded, pulling up her pant leg to reveal bloodied bandages. She cursed again, putting it under the faucet before she removed them, hoping the moisture would keep her from further opening the wounds as she removed the remaining bandages.
"M-med kit….it should be on Dez's bed," she asked, looking up at Roland.
"Wait—!" she grasped onto his arm, eyes pleading.
"Don't tell Dez… he'll… he'll think I did this to myself…"
"And I didn't!" she added, letting out the breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding in.
"Please, Roland," she begged, grip tight on his arm.

"Wh-what?!" The pen Ivy was holding dug into the cheap material of the map and she tore a huge hole in it as she looked up in alarm at Dez. A rush of confusing emotions hit her and she couldn't help blushing furiously. "Please." She choked out, trying to match his teasing tone. After the day she'd had she didn't know if her heart could handle being this embarrassed, but one thing she did know was that she hated being messed with. "You couldn't keep up with my pace." She had meant the pace of her writing, but left the double meaning hanging between them.

~X~

"Of course not." Roland found himself saying, though under normal circumstances he'd never keep this sort of information hidden between loved ones. But with Cal gripped his arm so tightly and with that pleading look in her eyes he couldn't find another answer to give her. He would probably have jumped off a bridge if she asked, and he knew it wasn't her ability that made him feel this way. There was no way that she'd be able to get through his shields to use it.

He quickly left the bathroom and came back with the med kit, wishing that Dez would pick up his room a bit since he almost tripped. He made sure the door was not only shut but locked behind him as he knelt down in front of Cal. "Let me get a good look at it." It was the most he could really get out with all that blood in his face. It brought him back to a darker place, but the fact that someone he cared about was in need kept him steady and in the present. "And tell me what happened."

Dez's innate interest sparked, brows quirking with Ivy's proposed challenge. Licking his lips, he moved close, pressing her between himself and the tabletop, cheeky grin still in place.
"Wanna bet?" he asked, his fingers drumming on the tabletop in a slow rhythm.

~x~

Cal relaxed, leaning against the wall as she began to unbandage her leg, blood oozing from the bite mark. She winced, trying to focus on her breathing. It looked a lot worse than it was. In a few days time it would be healed almost fully, but it was hard to focus on the fact at that exact moment.
Cal glanced up at Roland and away again, embarrassed.
"I was um…. bit…by a dog…" she said, leaving little actual explanation for her injury. It almost sounded comical to her as she said it. In all honesty, she wasn't angry at the dog for biting her, but rather kind of sad. She'd spooked it while volunteering at the shelter. Volunteering there had given her time to relax and even some time to work on her abilities, most of the dogs coming in from some sort of traumatic or violent home situation. Calming them down had been the extent of her success, though not without the occasional error.

"Dez..." Ivy was shocked by her uneven breathing and how needy his name seemed to sound on her lips, but she couldn't help staring at his own lips. Normally she'd feel quite trapped in this sort of situation, but with him it was sending all sorts of weird sparking signals through her. She gulped a bit, looking up from his grin to his eyes to see if he was serious, and gave her own (if wobbly) smirk. "If you're that impatient to lose, sure." Though the words were coming from her she honestly didn't know how she had the nerve to say such things. It was something when she'd insisted they kiss the first time, but this felt more serious. Like she'd been tiptoeing around this for a while now and if she made one wrong move she'd lose her footing and fall.

~X~

"Geez." Roland said, feeling that the expression wasn't giving the situation enough justice. "And the owner?" He asked, opening up the kit and getting to work. It seemed that when she bumped her leg it had opened up the healing wounds, making them weep once again, but once the blood was wiped away the bite looked a bit better. With an unusually expert hand Roland finished disinfecting Cal's leg, rebandaged it just tight enough to hold but not to suffocate, and then sat back against the bathroom wall.

Last edited:
Dez's grin only spread, laughing lightly. His heart began to race, but he was far too competitive to pay that any mind. His attention was all on Ivy. Leaning down, he let his lips graze her ear.
"Where do we start?"
At this point, he wasn't sure what to expect, but he was certain one of them would give before things got too heated, confident and defiant enough to believe he might be the victor in this situation.

~x~

Cal let out a long sigh, leaning her head back against the wall, eyes closing. For the first time in a while she didn't feel the need to put up a barrier or hide herself.
"No owner," she said, wincing once as Roland finished bandaging up her leg. Swallowing hard, she brushed a hand over the bandages, unsurprised by how they held up. Glancing up at Roland, she hesitated.
"Sorry… for the trouble," she said, expression almost a mirror image of her old self. This didn't last long, a frown finding its way back to her face before she shifted back to her new, cold exterior.
"And sorry… for… touching you," she said, shifting every part of her body a fraction further from him, hugging her knees and resting her chin just atop them.
"What…happened… with the break in?" her eyes met his again, voice soft.

Ivy shivered, eyes closing as she felt Dez's hot breath on her ear, and she wondered for just a moment if she might actually be the one to back down first. But it wasn't in her nature to give up so she leaned back against the desk, just enough so that their noses were barely touching, and kissed him. She was a little hesitant at first, surprised to find that she remembered the feel of his lips against hers, and then she pressed forward. Her chest hit Dez's as she wrapped her arms around his neck to pull him closer, parting the kiss just long enough to say something. "It's pretty self-explanatory." Her words bled into the next kiss that she fervently pressed to him, a wicked grin of her own taking form as she slipped into her own element. "But feel free," A flick of her tongue against his lips, teasing and questioning, as she mumbled, "To improvise."

While Ivy gave off the attitude of a girl who didn't know much about this sort of thing, she was actually well versed. She didn't just go to book stores late at night and a girl of her age had an innate desire to explore her sexuality. Cal, the only other girl she really interacted with on a regular basis, had an aversion to be touched. Ivy desired it, if only to further the writing she did. So while it wasn't difficult to take the lead with Dez, as she did in their last encounter, she hoped that her obvious experience didn't scare him off.

~X~

Roland felt something break inside him at Cal's apology and he couldn't help but hang his head a little. "My bad." Though he sounded gruff as usual the words felt hollow to himself. He pushed up off the ground, needing to move further away from her, and went to the tiny bathroom window. With some difficulty he managed to pry it open, rewarding with the sweet night air and with having something to do that didn't involve feeling like an idiot.

Of course, he thought as he stared through the tiny crack, she didn't want to be touched by anyone let alone him. "Don't know." Roland kept his responses brief. "Ivy freaked. Dez and her dragged me to the mall. Some sort of bomb threat prank." He had managed to get his hands on the letter and he pulled it from his back pocket, resting it on the bathroom sink between them. "We're going back in three days just in case it's not." He didn't say it, but he hoped she knew that she was welcome to come along.

As the air between them grew more tense he moved to the door and opened it up. "Dez seemed...concerned near the end of the day." He didn't know what this information would do for Cal, but being as they were twins he felt she ought to know. The boy had got weird near the tail end of their stakeout and he wasn't sure if it was Ivy bothering him or the fact that Cal was never around. Roland certainly knew what would be bothering him.

Last edited:
Dez grinned in the kiss, his hand to brace himself on the tabletop as he pressed Ivy into hit, his other hand finding her waist. Kicking her feet out from under her, he braced her, trailing kisses down her jaw, chuckling lowly against her skin, his heart picking up speed. He wasn't about to back down, his hand trailing lower to take a fistful of ass, fingers slipping into the girl's back pocket.
"Line?" he called, sarcastically. He was well aware of the position he was putting himself in, but unlike before, Dez wasn't willing to let his feelings get involved.

~x~

"You didn't do anything wrong…" Cal said softly, folding her arms to shield herself more. She felt so vulnerable with Roland. It was one reason she hadn't wanted to be around him after training went to terribly. She'd just started to confide in someone other than Dez again, and even he was weary of her, but she could see the way they both looked at her now. She was a liability to them and the household as a whole, which was why she tried to spend as little time around as she possibly could anymore.

"A bomb threat?" she shook her head in disbelief, picking up the letter. Reading though it twice over, she set it aside, mulling over how she felt about the situation. Letting out a frustrated sigh, she set the letter back on the counter, mulling it over. The additional commentary about Dez's concerns didn't help, only putting more stress on the girl, though she didn't blame Roland for relaying the information. She would have to sort THAT out with Dez, however, not wanting to force the issue. He'd find her, eventually. She was certain of that.
"Is…there anything I can do to help?" she asked, standing up and slowly making her way back to the kitchen, pulling a stool over to the stove, a determined look on her face.