FREE SHOP OPEN BB CODE SHOP GRAPHICS SHOP Loveless' Picture Editing Corner (and much more)

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Loveless

Generalized Apathy shall be Humanity's Undoing...
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Not Taking RP Invites at this Time, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
10 AM to 12 PM (BRT)
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Passive
Favorite Genres
No preferences but I do struggle with making things serious at times. I definitely have more of a knack for comedy.
Genre You DON'T Like
I'm really iffy about forced romance plots, I prefer when the characters developt it naturally. I don't join fandom RPs with canon characters in the roster nor do I play them.
AKA: Please help me find motivation for writing and kill my boredom by giving me all sorts of art things to do.

I've been doing these for a while, started by adding filters and borders to pictures for my own use in RP's, then more complex edits, then I started offering it to friends when they'd complain about 'finding a good faceclaim, but not in the right colors' and nowadays these same friends started coming to me with requests like 'make this a different color' or 'I don't like plain white backgrounds so fix this for me please'.
I like doing these, they're reminiscent of digital drawing just a lot more quick to do, so I thought why not open a shop where I could help more people out, and have more fun with it...

What I'll take as requests: Honestly, as long as it's not Character art ('cause there's a section for that) or writing requests (I've had my fair share of ghost-writing before, it is stressful!) the sky is the limit. I take anything. I'll give you a head's up if your request sound too far beyond my skill repertoire or just literally impossible...

What I'm used to doing are: Image edits (from simple color changes, backgrounds to even more complex ones such as altering/covering radically a part of it), Removing backgrounds (To when you need your image to be a transparent PNG), IC headers and making signatures.
For BBCode I stick to a style I call 'Minimalistic but pretty' meaning the code isn't suuuuper complex, but it looks nice. I also take mobile and theme compatibility as a priority when I code things, making 1/3 of my time spent on codes adapting it for tiny screens.

What programs do I use? For those curious I have: Paint Tool SAI, Paint.NET, Medibang Paint Pro, GIMP2, Photoscape, Inkscape and Photoshop CC to my disposition, plus a lot of online tools and mobile apps. I just think all of these have something they do better than the others, or they have more/different filter/text options.

Things I need to know:
  • What is the request? (Picture edit, make a signature, maybe try my hand at a banner, etc...)
  • The idea: Give me a basic description of what's in your mind and what it is for. If it's an edit tell me what you want changed, what color, etc...
  • The desired dimensions: Sometimes I can get a feel for these from what the request IS, sometimes I cannot. Just so there is no mistake, if it's a banner or a signature or something like that, please give me some pixel dimensions to work with.
  • Feeling of the product. This one is a bit harder to convey, but like, what am I supposed to feel when I look at the final product? This is helpful towards choosing fonts and colors when your basic idea is something more ample and vague (example: make a background, IC post header...)
  • Urgency of the request. I'm going to queue these with priority and complexity in mind on this very same post (or the next).
  • OPTIONAL: If your request asks for some text, already choose a font and a color for it. It's the type of thing that will help me a lot if you bring it figured out, but if not, it's okay.

If I feel like I need some more specific information for your request, I will make you more questions.

Things YOU need to know:
  • How long does it take? It depends, but there have been things that, from the moment I started them to its completion, have taken me 5 hours without any breaks. Last CS I coded took me an entire day of work non-stop.
  • Work ethic: I am an annoying perfectionist with these things. This means I won't be done with it until I've considered it passable and I will make you little progress reports if I feel like I need the requesters' input on something. (Even if you said something like 'I trust your job' and just let me do my thing, I can't help it)
  • When will you start? If you don't give me a date or say it's urgent, I will pick it up whenever I find free time for it, normally in-between roleplay responses. I'll let you know when I start working on your request!
  • 'All of your examples are Anime and illustrations, can you edit actual photos for me?' Yes, I can, I've actually done it before. Don't guarantee it will be as good as the rest of my edits but I'll certainly do my best with it.
  • IMPORTANT: This is a hobby and a motivation booster more than anything. I don't want it to get in the way of actual writing. It's supposed to aid it not replace it, please have that in mind and be patient. (I have a life too!)

--Examples--

Captura de tela 2018-09-11 22.48.59.png
Friend Request: Match the image texture and color palette to another image's.
Captura de tela 2018-09-11 22.51.39.png
Friend Request: Change the background. No specifics were given.
Captura de tela 2018-09-11 23.17.46.png
Personal Use: Edited to match an already given description in RP.
Captura de tela 2018-10-27 09.17.52.png
Personal Use: Edited to match character's in-between Nekomata form.
Captura de tela 2018-10-27 09.20.06.png
Personal Use: Edited to make the Tanuki costume into just the character holding a fluffy pillow. Reason: Character is not a Tanuki.

Personal Use: Edited to remove the chibi team members and unit label from the image.

sageheader.png
Personal Use. These normally go in my post layouts, above or below the FC.
Seamusheader.png
Personal Use. Part of the post layout.
Julieheader.png
Personal Use. Intended as part of a post layout in progress.

iwakusignature_by_necessity4fun-dcm7n62.png

MY BBCODE THREAD

Captura de tela 2018-10-01 00.04.23.png

Request by Fox of Spades: Remove the background (Transparent PNG) [Worked time: Aprox. 22 hours (4 days with breaks)

Last edited:

Fox of Spades

all gummed up inside
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Both. It should be a give and take sort of thing.

I tend to be more aggressive if I'm GMing or if it's a 1x1.
Favorite Genres
Give me fantasy. Modern, medieval, urban, whimsical, dark, anything goes! If magic and strange wonderland-esque adventures are involved, I'll most likely hop on that train! I'm also a huge sucker for adventuring and questing. Steampunk and post-apocalyptic RPs are cool too, and slice of life (if executed well enough) is also something I enjoy.

I try to be open to different genres but those are pretty much my favorites.
Genre You DON'T Like
Romance-centric stories, it's okay as a side dish but it can't be the main course.
Thank you so much!

Loveless makes awesome edits, but more than that, they're chill and go out of their way to give updates <3. Was wonderful requesting from you and the image turned out great. Thank you again!

Loveless

Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Not Taking RP Invites at this Time, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
10 AM to 12 PM (BRT)
Writing Levels
Passive
Favorite Genres
No preferences but I do struggle with making things serious at times. I definitely have more of a knack for comedy.
Genre You DON'T Like
I'm really iffy about forced romance plots, I prefer when the characters developt it naturally. I don't join fandom RPs with canon characters in the roster nor do I play them.
Thank you so much!

Loveless makes awesome edits, but more than that, they're chill and go out of their way to give updates <3. Was wonderful requesting from you and the image turned out great. Thank you again!
You were extremely kind, patient and understanding as well~! It was extremely pleasant to work with you! If you ever need something again, my shop will be always open <3 >w<

Loveless

Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
10 AM to 12 PM (BRT)
Writing Levels
Passive
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Boop!
I've updated the OP with more recent examples and I'm now taking BBCode requests since I've gotten better acclimated to the differences in-between names and functions that they present on different websites u.u

To do list: Maybe make the OP look more inviting by throwing some code in there when I have the time...