MAFIA (Out of Game)

I like option two better!

It appears as if discussion here has stalled out. If no one else comes forward I am willing to run the next game. Just give me a day or two to get my poop in a group make and spreadsheets, because if you havn't gathered my whole life exists in a spreadsheet...

Sorry it too me a little longer to get this together. I have been busy with the things and the stuff.

Anyways heres my list, I have tried to add some town-killing without making it too powerful. If you have any suggestions or want to yell at me for doing it wrong, please do so now. Vanilla townies will be added based on how many people wish to join.

Mayor: The mayor may reveal themselves anytime during the day phase. After they are revealed, their vote counts as 3 votes.
Detective: The detective may visit one person every night. They learn the faction--town, mafia, or neutral--of the person they visit.
Doctor: The doctor may protect one person from being killed every night. They have two self-heals.
Medium: The medium can communicate with the dead. They will be part of the dead chat. While they can always see the dead chat, they are only allowed to talk to the dead at night. After they die, they will be able to send one message. They may choose who to send this message to at any time. The message will be sent at night.
Lookout: The lookout may visit one person each night. They will see who visits that person. The Lookout has a night chat with the Tracker.
Tracker: The tracker may visit one person each night and see who that person visits. The Tracker has a night chat with the Lookout.
Witch-Doctor: The witch doctor has access to three potions. A potion of Life, A potion of Death, and a Potion of nonsense. One potion can be used as a night action, and only one per night. Once a potion has been used it is gone. The potion of life will protect the target from night kills. The potion of death will kill the target. The potion of nonsense will give the target a challenge for the following day phase, if the target succeeds they will be rewarded.
Hunter: When the hunter is killed, for whatever reason, they take another play down with them. Immediately before their death they will pick a target, and that target will die with them.
Mafioso: Mafia-aligned. The mafioso is tasked with killing the Godfather's target. The mafioso wins if all of the town dies.
Consort: Mafia-aligned. The consort may visit one person each night. The person they visit can not use their night ability and will be told that they were blocked. If there are no other mafia alive, the Consort becomes a Mafioso. The Consort wins if all of the town dies.
Godfather: Mafia-aligned. The Godfather decides who to kill each night and sends the mafioso. If the mafioso dies, the Godfather kills the target themselves. Additionally, if the detective investigates the Godfather, they will appear to be town. The Godfather wins if all of the town dies.
Consigiliere: As a night action, the Consigiliere will target one player and learn the role of that player.
Executioner: Neutral. The executioner gets a randomized town-aligned target at the beginning of the game, but their target cannot be the mayor. Their goal is to make sure that person is lynched. If they succeed in getting their target lynched, the Executioner can still win even if they die later in the game. If their target dies at night, they become a Jester. The Jester's goal is to be lynched. When this happens, the Executioner-turned-Jester is no longer required to get a town member lynched in order to win; their sole purpose is now to get themselves lynched. If they fail to get lynched, the Jester loses. Both the Jester and the Executioner are immune to night kills.
Survivor: Neutral. The survivor's goal is to survive throughout the game. They get three self-heals that they can use at night. The Survivor wins if they live until the end of the game; they automatically lose if they are killed or lynched.

@Joan
@Starlighter
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Lusterine
@Kimberlyn
@Kiilgore
@CrystalTears
@Cabob7
@SilverVA
@Elle Joyner
@neobendium
@Dipper
@RJS
@The_J

If you would like to join this game please rate this post with the thumbs up button. Once we have enough players it will fire.

@Canadian Cat I already have a question about the witch doctor's potion of life and them. Is it perma-night immunity or just that night? Can they use the potion on themselves?

Its a single night. They can use it on themselves. Considering reworking it to bring someone back from the dead. Thouhhts?

Its a single night. They can use it on themselves. Considering reworking it to bring someone back from the dead. Thouhhts?

As long as it isn't possible to revive a mafia or an executioner, sounds fine.

I stopped checking in. What's going on now?

It seems like interest in this has stalled out. If we only get to 5 people are you guys okay with playing a simplified version with say a doctor detective 2 townies and 1 mafia??

I'm down for whatevs!

Alright so I think ill wait for five people to join. Then I'll give a week to anyone else who may want to join. If we stay at 5/6 I'll run a simplified game. If we get 7+ I will run a modified version of the list I posted previously. Does this sound fair?

Reactions: Elle Joyner
I'm up for it!!

I'm interested, though I think the witch doctor's nonsense potion's challenge needs to be better defined.

I'm interested, though I think the witch doctor's nonsense potion's challenge needs to be better defined.

I agree on that much.

The snow has been cutting out my internet today so I apologise in advance if this post doesn't make it out. Although I am not sure why I'm apologising here because if this post doesn't make it out then neither does this apology. Meh, I'm to lazy to delete that... Which is weird because I'm not to lazy to write about how I'm to lazy to delete that and then write about how that's weird, even though this has taken way more time and energy to write out than it would have to deleted the apology anyway. I guess its better to not overthink this... Although I have kinda already done that... I should really stop wasting time in case my internet gets cut out again...

I believe I had mentioned in past mafia games that I have played mafia before as a real-life party game. I have taken the witch-doctor and hunter from that version of the game because honestly they are a couple of my favourite roles and you guys seemed keen on having some method of town-aliened killing. For the potion of nonsense I plan on writing 10 or so fun little challenges and randomly give one of them to the person who is the target of the potion. A challenge may look something like this:

Though has been bitten by thy Shakespearean bug!
Each post-th most contain-th at least one misuse of old-timey language! - th
Thee shalt be rewarded-th uponish completion!
If you make your challange known, thou shall fail.
Bonuseth points shall be rewarded for thy use of rymes.

And then I plan on making a list of possible rewards. Say I might decide that there is a base 10% of getting another potion of nonesense to use on someone else and maybe a 5% chance of doubling your normal night action. The more bonus points you obtain will give you a better chance at a better reward. (So in dice terms 1d100+bonus points). Any post that obtains the bonus point objective will be reward 1 bonus point or more if I see fit, but probably just the 1.

Alright so we got 5 people now from my count so imma gonna start that one week timer.

Just a reminder if we only get 5-6 people then I will run a very simplified game. If we get to 7+ people I will run a modified version of the list I posted. Also if you guys don't like the "Potion of nonesence" I can scrap that part of the witch-doctor.

I will post more details on how the game will play when the timer runs out on November 12th 2018.

I'm always interested in these games.

Oh neato! So now we have 7. Meaning we'll be playing the list I posted but with budget cuts.