Map and Compass [Original Fantasy Adventure RP - In Character]

~~Sena Atlaxys~~

Were it not for the entire crew relying on her as a replacement commander she would've followed Kalen into the glorious combat against the infernal serpent. Instead, she took to ensuring everyone was prepared to jump ship and use the time that the warrior was buying them. She barked orders to others to grab what little resources they can necessary for survival, to help those wounded and calmly leave the crumbling vessel. The first mate, the helmsman, quartermaster, captain were all still alive and most of the crew was as well now it was only the matter of getting as far away from the beast as possible. She was among the last people to get off taking the Captain along with her as she struck solid ground. For the moment they were safe, but her pride took a hit she wasn't happy about.

It was just in time to see the ship topple over that the Captain woke himself. It was a sad sight to see a vessel such as that fall and tear itself against the stones, Sena knew the ship was as a home to the sailors. More than that even, she was a caring mother that kept them safe in a storm and led them to their destination, to see it fall so easily was heartbreaking. "Be strong, Captain. The Wyvern may yet regain its wings. Your crew is still standing and the sea demands vengeance against that beast. You can fix her, build her stronger, tougher. When next you meet that dreadful serpent I pray that I am at your side." She placed a hand on the man's shoulder reassuring him with a stern but hopeful look. Determination in her eyes she knew she was right, though it may seem shameful that the ship was lost, wood and sail can be restored and rebuilt while lives cannot be brought back. "You've lost some men, for that I am sorry. I was awestruck by that thing." Her look seemed a bit distant, she didn't blame herself for the deaths of the crewmates but felt the sting of their passing. "My clan calls it Jorm, one of the Sea Kings that come to reclaim the oceans before the end of the world. I am sorry to inform you of that as well, but circumstances being what they are... The Pillars have fallen, Cataclysm is upon us."

Stepping back from the man she looked around for her companions, they were one down, but it seemed that Kalen at least was still alive despite his charge. "Impressive." The whisper escaped her lips as she watched the healing unfold before moving over to Ark. "I don't see our masked friend anywhere, did he even make it?" In the rush, she wanted to make sure everyone escaped but she couldn't waste too much time, as it happened she was just in time to escape too. "What now? Our transport is gone, our destination is gone as well and I am not sure where exactly we are though I have a good idea of where we could be." The fact that the pillars were gone made little difference to their destination if their help was needed to protect the are from Concordia then now they would likely be needed even more as the Church urges the reconstruction of the Pillars. "Same destination, boss? They might need us now more than ever."

[font=Courier_New]Ark Petyr[/font]

"Aye!" the captain declared with a roar. He clenched his fist tight and lifted it at the sea. "Ya hear me, Jorm, ya ugly oversized worm?! You won't live to get another go at the Warriors!" ""

Luca got to his feet after the glow of the spell dissipated. His gaze went over to the curled up clouds over their destination. He stared blankly for a good few seconds before glancing around. Indeed, as Sena had said, the masked Daemon was nowhere to be seen. He turned back to Sena, tapping his chin restlessly and rapidly. "You're right, our goal hasn't changed much, but..." He paused for a few moments, looking to the survivors. "We can't travel with such a big group if Creatures like that are appearing. It might be easier to reach the city if we travel in smaller packs." His eyes travelled between the three other Daemons. "The four of us should be able to go without much difficulty, if you're all ready? Still, actually getting to the island may be problematic..."

"Not necessarily, boy," the captain interjected with a smirk. "We were normally going to meet up with another ship from the Clans. None other than the vessel of the Black Tooth."

The name sounds familiar to anyone who has heard of the war at all. General Kormack is a legendary warrior and commander, known for his ridiculously large axe and shield, weapons of a type and size normally only used by the strongest of Daemons. While the general is only a regular strayskin, his skill and strength are unmatched throughout the land. He is known as one of the very few natural holy magic users without Seraph blood.

"If he should be on time, then you might have your vehicle yet."

Mentions: @vide @Snowflake @crono

~~Sena Atlaxys~~

"I tend to go with the safety in numbers strategem. Won't make much difference with things like the dragon or the serpent so we might as well try and be as inconspicuous as possible." It was sound logic to stay out of sight of the big bad world ending creatures, but sight was merely a single of the multiple senses and if the creature really wanted to find them it would do so. Perhaps they would have more luck if they were in smaller groups and the beasts won't bother with such insignificant pests. It was hard to tell how a beast thinks let alone one created as an omen of the end times. "I'll go get Kalen, hopefully, he wakes up before our ride gets here." She moved over to where the healer was just about done helping the young lad recover. She reached down and shook him by the shoulders. Failing to rouse him from his slumber she gave him a couple of loud painful slaps on the cheek that left a clearly visible mark in the shape of her palm. Still having no response she impaled the spear in the ground next to her then hauled Kalen over her back finally picking up the spear after he was mostly secure in her grasp, piggyback style.

She returned to Ark seeming slightly annoyed but not too inconvenienced despite the situation at hand. "All ready to go, if you are gonna be taking the ship again then we should move a bit east where it can come and pick us up." There was nothing wrong with the current location per se, but it wasn't ideal for taking on more passengers. The Wyvern had smashed against the reef so the other ship would have to navigate very carefully around all that. "Someone remind me to kick Len's ass later for charging the Serpent alone and failing so miserably to kill it. It makes me look bad by association." Though she seemed bothered by the fact that he was out cold it was the fact that he had the honour of taking on the beastie that really bothered her. Had the Captain been up and awake she too would have jumped into the fray but instead, she was forced to sit this one out while Len claimed all the glory.

Kalen Tu

Kalen struggled to maintain his onslaught on the enormous creature. He had never faced something he couldn't beat and he'd been in plenty of situations by himself that seemed he'd lose by looking at the match up. But this one- it was truly something he couldn't beat. His advantage against most creatures was that while they had their territories, the places they frequent, their habitat, Kalen could make it his own and with a gradual and strong assault - overpower them.

The great serpent was oft mentioned by the elder hunters of his adoptive clan. He'd paid no mind to it, as he'd never thought he'd go near a beach, the seas for that matter. With the war reaching a critical point, hunters from clans all over were needed to tip the balance of the war, or even end it.

Len was plunged deep into the ocean, the pressure and unforgiving seas crushing him. He died.

Opening his eyes, Len glared at the great serpent. It would be a fine prize, a reward for offering his services. But even with setting his territory up and keeping up a barrage of attacks, he couldn't simply damage the creature. His magic was running low and he could end up at the bottom of the ocean. Pain stung his cheeks, his head losing his sense of balance, his vision swirling. He woke up.

His entire body stiffened at the unfamiliar position and the warmth pressing against his body. Unwillingly, his jaw dislocated, lips curled up. In mere seconds his cheeks tore and revealed pearly-white teeth enlarged that they looked they'd belong to a large herbivorous creature. The daemonic maw hovered right by the person holding Kalen, slowly, surely - waiting to snap and decapitate.

As Sena went and picked up Kalen, the captain pointed to their destination, the entrance to the gulf the Genisian Kingdom resided in. "We'll split into two groups, 'en," he said. "We'll bring one of ya hunters, 'n you lot'll take some of ours. You bring some of my lads with ya." He pulled over the crew member who had fallen off the ship when everyone had passed out. "Owen 'ere'll lead you to the meetin'." The young strayskin seemed to want to protest, but kept his mouth shut when he saw his father's glare. "Right. We ought to be there by sun-down tomorrow."

"Sensible enough. Vallen could accompany you, then." Ark turned to Owen. "We can leave once you gather your men. And then..." The young hunter noticed that Owen's attention had fleeted as he was looking beyond Ark, who promptly turned to see what had distracted Owen. He squinted his eyes, trying to understand what was happening. Something clicked in his head as he saw the fangs. "Uh… Sena?"

Mentions: @vide @Snowflake
A mention very soon I promise : @SolarFlare

~~Sena Atlaxys~~

It didn't take strange looks and Ark pointing it out to let Sena know what was happening, the stench from the maw was enough of a clue. "Yes Ark, I am keenly aware of what is going on. I bet you can smell it that far away, can you even imagine how bad it must be at point blank?" She shifted her eyes to the side head unmoving and face statuesque. "Say, Kalen, you want to close your mouth or do I have to beat you half to death again to get you to calm your tits? Or perhaps you think simply bitting me would be enough? In that case, I say go ahead and try, you'll learn the error of your ways very quickly." Very calmly and safely the business end of Sena's spear made it's way back and against Kalen's side tapping him lightly.

"Think very carefully about your next move, hunter. Don't try to bite off more than you can chew." Perhaps there should've been a greater sense of urgency in her movements but in reality, Sena felt that any sudden movement might cause him to act while calm and peaceful discourse might just get some sense back into him. It's unsurprising he was acting like this, last he was awake he was engaging a legendary creature of titanic proportions. Sena did not want him to go into panic and start blindly attacking everyone, some of the regular folks might not survive a fully feral daemon. "Want me to slap some more sense into you?" She finalized if to point out it was, in fact, her that slapped him on the cheek.

Kalen Tu

The source of his warmth mumbled something as Kalen was realizing that he had been asleep and his habit was upon him again. He remained silent and leaned backward, forcing his involuntary and irregular polymorphy to deactivate and return to normal. Of course it wasn't going to but at least his mouth was shut now and not in any way going to eat or absorb something soon.

The tap on his side triggered a dull ache. Right. He failed to defeat that serpent and he lost consciousness trying to escape it. If he was alive and someone was carrying him, then he at least succeeded in distracting the great creature that ambushed them. Kalen sighed.

"Put me down." His voice calm and void of any sign of emotion.

Kalen said nothing to the threats the woman gave him. She could be a great hunter but he was behind her, and while the spear that tapped him could impale him, he could snap her neck before anything else. It was hard to fight something plastered on your back. He knew that with almost dying at one of those unusual creatures far away from his adoptive clan. In this situation, he was that creature glued to this woman's back.

He smirked at the woman's last statement. Slapping sense into him? He'd rather not. It seemed he didn't sustain injuries but his body was sore. Was there a healer among them? Leaning forward, their heads side by side, he said, "So harsh, hurting someone fatigued."

Reactions: Snowflake

As the wind began to pick up, bringing the chill of the sea to land, the crew started to hasten its preparations. Owen and the captain both began to quickly talk about which route each would take, as the crew members quickly split in two groups of five, as if rehearsed beforehand. The captain called over Vallen before addressing the other daemons. "We're off! Ya better not be late, ya hear?!" The man shook his fist up in the air as he yelled his lungs out. After a short coughing fit, he turned and led his crew forward along the shore.

"We should get moving too," Owen said to the three. "We're taking a shorter route, but it'll pro'lly be crawling with Creatures." He barked at the rest of the crew as they gathered and started marching. Ark turned to Sena and Kalen and walked up to the two. "We shouldn't fall to far behind. They won't be able to take on any larger Creatures on their own," he said, looking at Sena, before turning to Kalen. "Are you able to walk, Kalen?"

Mentions: @vide @Snowflake
A mention very soon I promise : @SolarFlare

~~Sena Atlaxys~~

"Don't you worry your little head 'Len. I only do it to people I like." Naturally she had no desire to lug around a Daemon for no reason, especially not after he demanded he be put down. "I'll stick to the front of the group, make sure nothing surprises us. Don't waste too much time you two." She rushed ahead to make sure she was at the head of the party. Joining Owen as he led them on she focused on the Eyes of the Hunter spell tattooed into her skin and as the colour drained from her iris she lost the ability to tell colours apart. It was always an odd sensation as her eyes adjusted not to notice detail but rather to track movement and residual heat. Tricks that help track down prey and spot danger, one of the hunter's deadliest skills is the ability to recognize what is prey and what is a predator.

"Can I count on you to organize the rest, Owen? In case anything appears ahead of us I'll buy you some time with a preemptive strike, so make sure to get everyone under control. People panicking won't help us at all." The smartest thing was to spread each of them apart and have one at the head, one at the tail end and one in the middle so they won't be surprised by any sudden attacks. Sena would've prefered to also link them all telepathically but there was no time to start creating the ritual and besides it would work just as well to use the group as a message relay, though it might fail if the situation grows too chaotic.

Reactions: Sketching101
Kalen Tu

Kalen nodded at the other daemon's question and removed himself from the woman's grip. To people she likes? He hummed at the female daemon's statement and only raised his left brow. The two of them seemed to act like they were comfortable with each other now. Did they now each other before being drafted to assist in the pointless power struggle?

It didn't matter. He stretched arms, legs, and finally, his spine like a cat would. He repeated it once again and groaned whenever he put some strain on his sore body. As the woman went ahead of them, he surveyed their surroundings. This was new territory and he couldn't, wouldn't use the magic he used earlier. They were on the move and setting up a territory would be pointless anyway.

"Do you know where my weapons are? Enchanted stakes."

Len could fight without them but he needed the set of four together. It wouldn't be right to only have two in his possession, taking out the two earlier to deal with the serpent was ineffective at best. He hoped he didn't lose them. It cost a lot of his savings.

He kept a steady pace, not going ahead nor falling behind. He walked among the crew, always keeping an eye out on his surroundings.

"We'll keep the flank clear, don't worry," Ark affirmed as he prepared to move on. He turned back to look at the ruins of the crashed ship, and the suddenly calmed ocean. Jorm was nowhere to be seen, and the sky was cleared of any large masses of storm clouds that were harassing them earlier. His attention quickly turned to Kalen. "Your stakes?" Ark gave an apologetic look at Kalen, shrugging. "Sorry, no. You can build new ones, though, soon. Once we get to the ship, we'll have time to prepare some new gear."

"Yes, m'am," Owen responded hurriedly to the huntress. He lingered for a moment as he considered adding something but instead kept walking with the group. For the next few hours, things were surprisingly calm. They were walking along a beaten path on the mountainous giant-forest, where Creatures didn't seem to bother going, and since it was so sparsely populated, there had been no need to challenge a Creature that didn't notice them. The calm persisted until a loud, dangerous howl was heard throughout the forest. A large amount of movement could be heard in the distance from both behind and ahead.

Owen looked around worriedly. "Well… It doesn't seem to be comin' from something 'round 'ere," he said in relief after a brief consideration. "We're nearly outta the forest. You hunters can take this threat without worryin' 'bout us."

Mentions : @vide @Snowflake

[font=Courier_New]Elsewhere, a short way away...[/font]

Name: The Forest Groveler
Appearance:
dryad_beastform_by_halycon450-d7m2ls7.jpg

Average Size: 3 meters tall when on all fours, and 5 meters long sideways
Sopia:
Essence: The Groveler's essence boosts the strength of its corresponding element, but the element of the Forest Groveler is, as of yet, unknown.
Element: ???
Corpora: A Polymorph can use the Groveler's corpora to temporarily transform any of their limbs to resemble the groveler's, with its size and claws, and several-fold increased strength. However, it lowers the user's mobility significantly while active.​
Other: While fire grovelers, water grovelers, and mountain grovelers have been recorded before, no type of groveler matches this one's behaviour and skills.
Further along the road, a Creature moved along the giant trees, its nose to the ground. As it descended the tilted terrain, it raised its head to lock its eyes on its prey. As the bark of the trees and the ground beneath its feet began to shift, the Creature let out a bold cry of challenge at the Chronicler Huntress, Meredith Cwenburh.

Mentions : @SolarFlare

Forest secrets

Meredith Cwenburh

The journey to her old home had not been especially eventful, which was perfectly acceptable to the young hunter. It would only be counter productive to run afoul of some hungry beasts and get herself injured before she even made the entire journey back home. It was a simple process of flying and roosting every so often to rest and regain the energy to keep flying. She thought it was an enjoyable shift of scenery, despite the stress associated with her personal mission. The air here was so fresh and inviting, it was almost intoxicating. It was also always a rush for her to be able to traverse territory she had never explored before, her imagination going into overdrive as she thought of all the things that were waiting to be discovered. Meredith let out a little squeal of joy as she took off in flight once more.

She stopped short in the air when she saw the great pillar crumble in the distance... that couldn't have been good. The little historian in her heart wept bitter tears at the loss. She flew to the ground and made an entry in her book, recording what she saw and her feelings at the time of writing. She would need to add an addendum later when she could investigate this event, but for now she focused on covering more ground. She didn't take to the air again, more so to avoid looking at where the pillar had been than to conserve energy.

A few hours passed of travel on foot, and Meredith had cheered herself up a little more by collecting local flowers. She gathered enough to make herself a crown, but she wanted to find one more to complete the set... She laid eyes upon a beautiful blue flower growing at the base of a tree. She stooped over to pick it up she became aware of a lumbering beast that had wandered her way. She pinched the flower and stowed it in her bag quickly, backing up as the Groveler roared at her earnestly. She smiled and adjusted her new crown before she drew her rapier and scaled a nearby tree, waiting for it to make the first move.

~~Sena Atlaxys~~

"Understood, let others know I went ahead." The Eyes of the Hunter helping her pinpoint the location of the movement and shout was all it took for Sena to rush off towards the source. Fleeing from the serpent left a bad taste in her mouth with a need to prove herself if not to others then to herself. With spear in hand held low and at an angle behind her she moved between the trees quickly and deftly serpentining between the trunks as she closed the distance between the roaring beast and herself. On scene, she saw the Creature, as big as an overgrown bear and twice as long, perfect challenge to test her mettle. Of course, the other Huntress did not elude her sight, rather Sena assumed it was a Huntress by the fact that she wasn't dead yet and seemed to be facing the creature head-on. Rather than worry too much about her and who she was, Sena instead placed two fingers between her lips and let out a sharp whistle aimed at the beastie.

"Come on ugly! I've been itchin' to stab something for the entire day now!" With a twirl of her spear, she took a solid aggressive stance with feet spread apart far enough to give her stable footing if she needs to start running. It seemed she was intent on facing the beast in a single unit Phallanx position then use that to control her own movement. Fighting underwater the rules are simple, anything smaller can be controlled once impaled and anything bigger takes you for a ride. She planned on employing the same fighting style and letting the Groveler go where it places while she uses the spear as a stepping stone to leap onto the creature's less dangerous parts. The weight of her blades in their scabbards was all too grim of a reminder she couldn't afford to play around. Beyond that, it helped her know the exact location of the hilt regardless of the situation. All she needed was to get that one strike in and she could climb onto the creature's back and cause some serious damage. Alternatively, there was also a possibility of the Groveler ignoring her taunts at which point she would be able to make that first strike and reach it's back nonetheless.

"Ye boys go ahead," one of the crew members yelled at the remaining two hunters. "We're leavin' this 'un to you lot." The sailors moved towards the edge of the forest in a hurry.

As Ark was about to make his way down the hill, the ground shook with a loud thump. Far behind Ark and Kalen, another Creature seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. From their distance, the Creature seemed to be tiny, almost the size of a critter, but it only took a moment for the rest of its body to emerge from the distant crater it had created.

Name: Leaping Rhino, "Leaper"
Appearance:
trampling_beast_by_njoo.jpg

Average Size: The size of a leaping rhino varies greatly from rhino to rhino, but an overwhelming majority are just over three meters tall and seven meters long from head to tail.
Sopia:
Essence: N/A
Element: N/A
Corpora: The corpora of a leaping rhino allows polymorphs to take on the Creature's scaly skin and horns for a few minutes, increasing their resilience and strength greatly, making regular weapons near ineffective, while also reducing their own speed significantly. However, while this corpora is in use, the polymorph cannot use any other spells.​
Other: Unlike most Creatures, the leaping rhino has no magical abilities, but is still one of the more dangerous common-Creatures.They earned their namesake from their tendency to use their immense strength to pounce on their prey from an incredible distance.

"Change of plans, it seems," Ark said to Kalen as he drew his bow. "If we leave that thing unattended, it'll reach the crew in an instant. Sena will have to take care of the other one, for now." The leaper kicked the dirt up from the ground as it seemed to prepare to charge forward.

At the same time, further downhill, the groveler dug its claws into the ground as the huntress taunted it with her spear in hand. It turned its gaze on the woman just as the trees around them began to bend and shrink. After the briefest of moments, vines and thick tree roots tore through the soil around its claws and feet. The vines and roots lashed out haphazardly at Sera as the Creature leapt at Meredith with a wide open jaw.

Mentions : @vide @Snowflake@SolarFlare

Meredith Cwenburh

Battle Start!

How convenient! Another huntress arrived just in time to provide back up, a little brusque of her to step in on another hunter's prey mind you, but it was convenient none the less. The beast proved itself able to multitask, by revealing some interesting powers of persuasion over the natural plant life in the area. And now, even as she thought these words, it is barreling towards Meredith to make a snack of her. She beamed as she thought of a counter strategy. Meredith slipped her whole vial of hemlock extract from her belt and tossed it into the open mouth of the Groveler. She didn't know exactly how resistant it would be to the toxin, but it was worth a shot. In the same moment she threw the vial, she kicked off from the trunk of the tree to sail over the head of the oncoming beast.

She twisted around in midair and attempted to plunge her rapier into the monster's back, hoping to stop her momentum and get a decent attack on it. Meredith trusted that the other huntress did not need her aid, especially when she was not the prime target here. She looked around her shoulder and winked to Sena, respecting her choice in weaponry. She didn't have the time to perform any complex magic just yet, so she hoped they could fell the Groveler with only the might of their weapons.

~~Sena Atlaxys~~

To be forced to fight a creature with power over vines and trees in a middle of a forest must be insane by some standards. Then again, many called Slivers crazy for daring to wrestle with aquatic beasts, and even crazier for coming on top. One thing was certain, Sena was used to fighting creatures on their turf. In very simple terms it came to finding a way to neutralize their abilities and advantages. Lashing vines and roots all must have had a certain reach, the trees all sunk down when the beastie used this power. With spear as a vaulting pole, Sena threw herself up into the air and at the apex summoned a sphere of water which she promptly used to rocket herself forward towards the creature spear firmly in hand. It seemed the other huntress winked at her sometime during the flight but Sena didn't think much of it. The monster took priority.

She had no fancy tricks or tactics nor any spells that could do much against this kind of opponent. Which in the end came down to the old tried and true method of killing something before it kills you. Preferable without being hurt too much. Similarly to what the other Huntress did Sena wanted to hitch herself onto the creature's back and then assault its vitals from a position where it would be hard to get hit. Of course, Sena had no intention of dealing a single injury, rather she planned on taking up her blades and repeatedly attacking the monster. All the while she couldn't get the smirk off her face, she was finally getting a chance to prove herself in combat. It made her entire body tingle with excitement which only spurred her on further.

[font=Courier_New]The Forest Groveler[/font]

As the Groveler was just about to chomp down on the elvish huntress, its eyes opened wide in confusion. It collided with the tree behind its target, dazed. It quickly got up and shook its head, but seemed to be off balance. At the same time, the vines it had shot forth at Sena missed their mark and fell to the ground lifeless as she leapt upward. As the Creature seemed to recover from the poison and collision with grey liquid oozing from its mouth, it was slammed back into the ground once more as the rapier dug in with a quick jab, and the spear planted itself in its shell.

Before the huntresses could deal any other blows, the wounded Groveler let out a deafening cry, accompanied by a magical pulse, pushing the daemons away from it. The Creature's eyes turned red as their environment twisted like before. The Creature's familiar desperation was clear in its eyes. The trees around them began to collapse inwards towards the huntresses as the Creature hung back, glaring at the two with its reddening eyes.

Mentions : @Snowflake@SolarFlare

Meredith Cwenburh

The chronicler watched the other hunter in silent admiration for a moment that seemed slowed in time. That fighting style... why she must be a daughter of Sliver! She was certainly living up to their famed hunting prowess, even outside the water. What an honor to be fighting along side her.. She'd have to ask her to sign her signature book later, once this beast was taken care of. A jarring scream that erupted from the Groveler shook her from her thoughts, forcing her to focus on landing back on her feet again. It appeared that the poison was working its magic, but it had enough fight left in it to keep going after them. The trees were on its side, and it was mad. From the way it was shrinking back, it likely knew that it had underestimated these two huntresses. It was time to put this thing to bed.

Meredith's hands became a blur as she performed a multitude of handsigns to let off a defensive burst of air slashes in front of them. If she could cut a path through this vegetation, then her impromptu teammate could take the charge. She laid down her suppressive fire as she moved forward, looking back to Sena with a few beads of sweat forming on her brow. "Finish it off, would you?" She still had that same confident smile, which had only become stronger now if anything.

~~Sena Atlaxys~~

As desperate as any beast the Creature gave one last push of desperation in rebellion against its own fate. It was a formidable foe to be sure but it was simply outnumbered and outmatched by the duo of Huntresses, one which seemed to have a number of useful skills under her belt. Pushed away and facing the beast again, gazing deeply into its crimson eyes, Sena pulled out her blades and readjusted herself more than ready to plunge ahead one more time. Time was of the essence as the very nature around them started collapsing in threatening to overpower them. Her new friend created an opening one that Sena would not let it go to waste. "Many thanks, dear champion." She responded before moving out with a grin.

Much like her usual tactic she summoned a bubble of water and blasted up and away from the ground gaining a height advantage. Thereupon a few successive bursts through a couple more water bubbles position her right above the beast. She would come down on top of it with one final burst of speed and force blades extended ahead as a cleaver ready to strike at the nape of a small chicken. It's just that this time the chicken was colossal and could annihilate her if she wasn't careful. She had to hope that her speed was far greater than that of a massive wounded beast. One good strike at the back of the neck should do it, she thought.

[font=Courier_New]The Adventuring Merchant[/font]

Kalen and Ark had been able to land quite a few blows on the large creature, but it seemed to be unfazed by it all. It charged through the arrows and knives again and again, leaping up and shaking the earth from time to time. The Leaping Rhino was hardly ever a rare creature, and never this durable. This fact didn't seem to bother the Rhino in front of them, however. As it charged forward at the two once more, it crashed mid air, as if it had ran into something.

A traveler donning red and blue stood atop a stone at the side of a cliff edge just above them, with a creature next to it, an animal. The traveler's face was nearly all covered, save her eyes and a few strands of silver hair. She quickly skidded down to the beaten path with her large backpack weighing on her shoulders. "What a wonderful specimen," she said at the creature. "Would you two care to join forces? It would be troublesome if this leaper found its way to our ship." Her tone had an almost regal quality to it. Quickly, the leaper backed away, glaring at them. "You ought to follow it," she said as if giving an order to Ark. "My friend will help. That creature must not reach the shore."

Ark was about to protest the strange woman, but the creature moved to jump away again. With a curse under his breath, he shot an arrow to its back just before it took to the sky. He quickly vanished in a blue flash, appearing where the arrow had stuck, with the fox following on the ground. The traveler turned to Kalen as the trees began to twist and turn. "There will be time for questions later," the woman quickly remarked. "First, we must clear the way for our comrades." Just as she finished speaking, the trees around them snapped and whipped at the two with their trunks.

Mentions : @vide

[font=Courier_New]Ark Petyr and A Loyal Fox[/font]

The Groveler's eyes shot up as it braced itself to intercept the attack. It shot forward a couple of vines to block her movements, but was always a split second too late, bursting the bubbles of water just after she flew away from them. Finally, just as it seemed to be about to make one last-ditch attempt, Sera's spear would find its way into and through the creature's neck. The Groveler let out a small squeal as a black liquid oozed from its wounds, and lay on the ground lifeless soon after.

As a moment to breathe and rest seemed to rear its head, something from above had gotten in the way of the rising sun, casting a brief shadow on where they were. Not two seconds later, the Leaping Rhino on the higher track crashed through a few trees with someone sticking to its back. In the meantime, more creature roars and cries could be heard from where they had come.

Ark kicked off the Rhino's back as it crashed, falling onto the ground and quickly getting up to his feet with a push from the ground. He turned to Sena as if to say something, until he noticed the second huntress. "Ah… We're lucky on both fronts, it seems," he said, almost to himself. "Kalen has reinforcements backing him up. We have to keep the Leaper from reaching--" His words were cut short as the huge creature rammed into him with a ridiculous burst of speed, sending him flying into a tree trunk. He struggled to his feet as healing magic flowed into him from an orange critter merrily running laps around the young hunter. The Rhino's movements slowed greatly after the burst. He spoke, wincing in pain as he drew a spectral arrow on his bow. "Are you two ready for another hunt?"

Mentions : @Snowflake @SolarFlare

Last edited: