Map and Compass [Original Fantasy Adventure RP]

@vide @Snowflake @SolarFlare
Update: It seems Crono dropped out. I had sent him a PM a few days ago, and just now realized I misinterpreted his response that time around. However, I'd still like to keep this going with the four of us (and any new people who might want to join in at some point), if you guys are up for it!

Reactions: Snowflake
@vide @Snowflake @SolarFlare
Update: It seems Crono dropped out. I had sent him a PM a few days ago, and just now realized I misinterpreted his response that time around. However, I'd still like to keep this going with the four of us (and any new people who might want to join in at some point), if you guys are up for it!
That's unfortunate. I'm still up for this RP and I think I'll have a post up for Kalen in a few cuz I also noticed that aside from me, only you and @Snowflake are the ones currently active since my god-mod post. Again, I am really sorry for that.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I forgot @SolarFlare is new. :D

• Love
Reactions: Sketching101
@Sketching101

Is this still open? It's a really interesting concept. I've got my hands tied till April 8 but am tentatively interested.

@Sketching101

Is this still open? It's a really interesting concept. I've got my hands tied till April 8 but am tentatively interested.
Yup, it's open! If you have any questions about anything about the RP, I'll do my best to help.

I figured I would give Slivers a more formal standing through the organization sheet :3

Name: Slivers Clan
Kind of Organization: Clan of Hunters, Mercenary group
Species of members: Human, Elves, Strayskin

Purpose
: Creation of best water-based hunters of both Daemonic heritage and otherwise. Not necessarily Sailors or Seafarers but individuals whose presence on board raised the combat ability of the Ship tenfold.

: (In)Famous among sailors and other seafarers for being fearsome and adaptable in aquatic encounters or naval battles.

: Near the second pillar, operate mostly as support for Orcish Navy

Number of members
: 100-500, though a mere fraction of those are Hunters and warriors while others tend to specialize in other areas that help with naval warfare be it something as simple as ship repairs or design to even captaining schooners and frigates.

Leader(s)
: The Clan itself functions without leadership in a quasi-anarchical way. The Clan Members are traditionalists through and through and easily govern themselves. They rarely go out in large groups and instead spread out their support as individuals to whichever group they deem worthy of their help though having Daemonic heritage they are limited to those opposed to Concordia.

Additional Notes: Slivers tradition goes back to a previous cataclysm when the Clan was a mere handful of warriors trying to survive. The Seas were their lifeline and the end of the world brought up three legendary creatures from the depths. The Sea-Kings as the Clan called them were, Jorm, the serpent; Rakk, the octopus; Than, the whale and countless other Sea-Lords that weren't as big and bad but proved to be mighty in even smaller numbers. Systematically The Clan took to observing and engaging with the Sea-Lords and Kings until one by one they all fell. This cemented The Slivers' place in the world as legendary sea warriors. Those times have long passed into myth and legend, but the reputation of their warriors is still well known to the sailors.

• Love
I figured I would give Slivers a more formal standing through the organization sheet :3

Name: Slivers Clan
Kind of Organization: Clan of Hunters, Mercenary group
Species of members: Human, Elves, Strayskin

Purpose
: Creation of best water-based hunters of both Daemonic heritage and otherwise. Not necessarily Sailors or Seafarers but individuals whose presence on board raised the combat ability of the Ship tenfold.

: (In)Famous among sailors and other seafarers for being fearsome and adaptable in aquatic encounters or naval battles.

: Near the second pillar, operate mostly as support for Orcish Navy

Number of members
: 100-500, though a mere fraction of those are Hunters and warriors while others tend to specialize in other areas that help with naval warfare be it something as simple as ship repairs or design to even captaining schooners and frigates.

Leader(s)
: The Clan itself functions without leadership in a quasi-anarchical way. The Clan Members are traditionalists through and through and easily govern themselves. They rarely go out in large groups and instead spread out their support as individuals to whichever group they deem worthy of their help though having Daemonic heritage they are limited to those opposed to Concordia.

Additional Notes: Slivers tradition goes back to a previous cataclysm when the Clan was a mere handful of warriors trying to survive. The Seas were their lifeline and the end of the world brought up three legendary creatures from the depths. The Sea-Kings as the Clan called them were, Jorm, the serpent; Rakk, the octopus; Than, the whale and countless other Sea-Lords that weren't as big and bad but proved to be mighty in even smaller numbers. Systematically The Clan took to observing and engaging with the Sea-Lords and Kings until one by one they all fell. This cemented The Slivers' place in the world as legendary sea warriors. Those times have long passed into myth and legend, but the reputation of their warriors is still well known to the sailors.
I'll add this to the OP soon ^^

@Snowflake I can't wait for Sena's reaction. Kalen just there trying to eat her; imagine something like Attack on Titan's Titan mouth, that how it looks like. grin

Might jump in if it's ok. Haven't read everything yet, but so far I'm liking what I see!

Might jump in if it's ok. Haven't read everything yet, but so far I'm liking what I see!
The RP is open right now, so whip up a character if you want to join ^^ Again, if you need any help or have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

• Thank You
Reactions: Mglo
Hmm, this looks complicated and cool. Not sure how much time I have (especially considering that I'm in two other RPs and looking at a third) but heck it, I wanna try

@SolarFlare @vide @Snowflake
I created a thread for extra lore, like clans, creatures... At one point, I'm going to do a spell condominium.

Hmm, this looks complicated and cool. Not sure how much time I have (especially considering that I'm in two other RPs and looking at a third) but heck it, I wanna try
If you apply and the character is acceptable, you can join, but I would prefer it if you were sure you could keep writing on a regular rate, just to ensure things will keep going.

• Useful
Reactions: SolarFlare
Sorry it's taking a while! Haven't RPed in a while and it's tough getting back in the groove. I scrapped a couple character ideas, but I've finally found one that feels potentially fun. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

the_tailor_and_the_aeromancer_by_sketching101-dc87xx6.jpg

the_acrobat_and_the_seafarer_by_sketching101-dc816q7.jpg

the_scholar_and_the_chronicler_by_sketching101-dc7xuyx.jpg

Sorry it's taking a while! Haven't RPed in a while and it's tough getting back in the groove. I scrapped a couple character ideas, but I've finally found one that feels potentially fun. I'll try to post it tomorrow.
I'm looking forward to seeing your character ^^ If you need any help or have any questions, I'm around pretty much anytime!

I'm looking forward to seeing your character ^^ If you need any help or have any questions, I'm around pretty much anytime!
Steak wouldn't be too bad, actually. Food is always good after a good fight!

What is the rule on creating new spells IC wise? Is there like a time and resource requirement? Any other restriction apart from Elements? Is it even possible to create spells on our own or can we only pick them up from others? (I ask because I think Sena might have an empty spell slot left :P)

Question asside...

I love how well these portray the peronalities of each character. :D

What is the rule on creating new spells IC wise? Is there like a time and resource requirement? Any other restriction apart from Elements? Is it even possible to create spells on our own or can we only pick them up from others? (I ask because I think Sena might have an empty spell slot left :P)

Question asside...

I love how well these portray the peronalities of each character. :D

The characters can create their own new spells IC in a brief amount of time, but I would prefer if they did it during some down time. So, for example, once we get to the ship, the characters will have time to themselves for a bit, which can be used to make a new spell, make new weapons, or just interact with NPCs or PCs on board. (So, they can create new spells in small periods of time without any resources, but it should be at a time they can focus on making the spell)

In regards to restrictions, I can't think of any beside trying to keep the spells' power somewhat balanced.

NOTE: I wanted to add, if your element changes, and you have elemental spells, you can alter the spells to fit the new element. So if you had a fire spell that threw a fireball at someone, you could change it to a spell that shot a strong, concentrated gust of wind at someone if you got a wind affinity later on.​

And, I'm glad you liked the drawing ^^ Speaking of...

@Fox of Spades (Almina Brighton) is joining us as well! We will be meeting up with the newer characters once we get to the ship, but I will create an environment for them to interact before we reach them. Once a second character is submitted, the new characters will be able to interact on the ship until everyone comes together.

Steak wouldn't be too bad, actually. Food is always good after a good fight!
Steak is grrrrrrrrreAAT!

Last edited:
NOTE: I wanted to add, if your element changes, and you have elemental spells, you can alter the spells to fit the new element. So if you had a fire spell that threw a fireball at someone, you could change it to a spell that shot a strong, concentrated gust of wind at someone if you got a wind affinity later on.
Oh in regards to that, assuming a character has multiple Sopia absorbed how do they switch between them? Does it happen instantaneously or does it take a bit of time to adjust to changes? If so how long and how vulnerable does it make the Hunter/Huntress? Also I feel like you may have answered a few of these before but still... Assuming we have all 3 slots filled and we then try and abosrb a fourth Sopia does it have adverse effects? If so is it possible to release a previously absorbed Sopia to make room for more powerful ones?

Reactions: yasei no shika