Marvel's Academy Alliance

Susan Storm

Sue was actually starting to feel comfortable. Rare enough with her among her fellow students. Usually alone with her computer or with her brother Johnny or her.. friend Reed, as least until this year. Johnny was eagerly working things out for himself at this new school and now anxious to spend time with his big sister.

As Dani came over, she smiled and offered her hand.

"Hi there, I'm Sue, Sue Storm, nice to meet you. "

Dani walked with a lot of agility, like a gymnast or a dancer. Then Gwen was called and headed over.

" Hi Gwen, I'm Sue, Sue Storm."

Gwen too had that exceptional agile glide. Susan had taken the usual dance lessons during Grade school but these girls seemed so graceful. Oh well, she'll have to make impressions with her winning personality... right... okay, maybe her computer skills.

• Sweet
Reactions: Laivindur and Brea
LocalAreaMan
Margaret took a small nibble of her slice as Ben suggested to her that he had a never ending stomach. The SHIELD trained warrior gave the young man a once over. While she wouldn't doubt that the guy probably could out eat her. It wasn't exactly a hard thing to accomplish, Margaret only really eats what she has too and is very picky about her diet. Her dad could wolf down a McDonalds Big Mac and large fries and even consider gaining a pound. But Margaret wasn't about to take a chance on such a thing. Plus she hates McDonalds, much to her dad's chigrin.
"I don't know Ben, I'm sure you could probably outeat me." She noted before looking him over one more time in his white, gold, and green get up. "But A) Part of me has a hard time believing it since you are kind of beanpole like… no offense. And B) How would I know you weren't using your powers to cheat or anything?" Margaret suggested, waving her folded slice of food to and fro as she asked him.

Laivindur
Ben measured Margaret positively in return, pondering the possibility that she was also underestimating her ability to eat. Being questioned about his appearance in return however, made Ben lift his dark brows surprised. The question about his motives had him look away at Piotr and Simon. The bulky, sexy and strong males in the group was a good excuse to let the matter of his motives slip by. Watching Simon speak with someone as bulky as himself made Ben feel jealous, a feeling he hated. Looking back at Margaret Ben said "I don't look like a beanpole, do I?" Ben made it apparent that his physics was something of a sore spot. Stupid Thor.

LocalAreaMan
Margaret turned to look at Piotr and Simon along with Ben. Though it wasn't so much a twinge of jealousy as much as just following along. Turning back though she was a little surprised at Ben's sudden kink in the armor. He never struck her as a image conscious person. So it was a little surprising that this was a sore spot. Making her wonder what exactly causes that. Quickly giving Ben another look she held a hand up. "Alright you're not that small to be honest, you do look like you take care of yourself." She noted, "I think maybe I've been around Simon too long. Him and some of the other recruits at SHIELD. Seriously you'd be shocked to see how huge some of the people there are." She noted thinking aloud, "Or at least can make themselves look a lot bigger..." Adding onto the thought, remembering another SHIELD agent her age she's friends with.

Laivindur
Ben was smiling again, though the subject still made him feel a little uncertain about himself. He tried to hold onto the first compliment rather than the comparisons to others who were bigger. Ben was certain he could make himself bigger too, but not muscly like Simon, Piotr...Or Thor. Stupid Thor. "Well, you know what they say," Ben smiled wryly, and made sure he could look into her eyes when adding confidently "It's not the size that matters. It's how you use it."

LocalAreaMan
Margaret gave Ben an agreeing nod, "Sure, all the strength in the world doesn't mean anything if you don't know how to use it right." She added before finishing her slice and going over to a vending machine nearby that housed drinks and snacks for really cheap. Getting a bottle of water Margaret was back at her spot taking a sip.

Laivindur
"I'm glad we have the same belief in strategy, Captain," Ben said before taking a sip of the water he'd claimed from the same vending machine Margaret had. "What are your thoughts on the rest of the crew?" he asked leaning against the wall relaxed, and commented on the spider couple in the room. "Spiderman looks agile, though Spidergirl seems more likely to listen." Looking back at Peter in his suit Ben added thoughtful "The boy seem reckless." Moving on to the others Ben shared his thoughts some more, hoping to achieve a close and professional bond with Margaret, his Captain "The Iron fist seems easy enough to aim somewhere. Same as my friend Simon." Shifting from tactical appraisal, which seemed to be Ben's area, to a more friendly tone, Ben said looking at Margaret "You gotta give whoever assigned Simon as my roommate a thanks, by the way. Simon's great."

LocalAreaMan
Margaret took the question into heavy consideration as she herself glanced around the room. Reed and Peter at the pool table, Simon and Pitor standing and talking, and the other girls all at a sofa chit chatting away. It was by this point an almost completely different team from the one she had going at first. Still there was a lot to work with, so it wasn't all bad. "I've seen some recorded stuff of Spider-Man in action. Wreckless doesn't quite feel right for him." Margaret noted, her bottle of water tucked under her folded arms. "Maybe more excitable, but I have a feeling once things heat up he'll understand what he needs to do. His heart's in the right place, and right now that's all we can ask of him." Margaret looked around again. "Spider-Girl I agree, she feels like she's already ready to go and probably needs the least training next to Danni. Pitor and Anton I don't know super well but they both seem like they're also pretty much ready to go as well." Margaret adjusted her lean against the wall. "The biggest question marks to me are Reed, Susan, and Raven…" Margaret had to stop herself from saying anything about Raven. After all, the first and only real interaction she had with the German came from Raven essentially making fun of her father. That still had her blood simmering a little even though she's getting over it.
"I mean Reed and Susan both have very useful powers and are extremely intelligent. So I can't really argue too much about them being involved. More just a concern how they'll handle themselves when things heat up." Margaret finally noted with the two of them.

Laivindur
Ben studied the people Margaret talked about, and through that he gathered information about her, and the team. There was a lot to learn about people in the way they talked, especially about others. He liked what he heard, and even though excitement welled up in him, Benjamin remained calm. He drank from his bottle so it wouldn't be too obvious they were talking about the team, and having poured down half of it he finally replied to Margaret. "Mm. However, there are various types of powers in here. Even though they know how to handle themselves in a fight, doesn't mean they can adapt quickly to a big team such as this." After the camouflaged warning, Ben looked at Margaret with a gleeful face saying "I am truly looking forward to practice later." Ben pushed himself off the wall, and said friendly "Thank you for chit chatting with me." He assumed Margaret would want to linger there to seem important, almost like a lone leader, so he would leave her alone for now, and blend in with the team, like he should. "I'll be here if you need me." He wasn't rushing to leave her though, and waited to be dismissed, or listen should Margaret have more to say to him.

LocalAreaMan
Margaret gave Ben a supportive nod, he did have a good point about the other possibility. Both of the Spiders have been working solo up until now, so for all she knew the two were going to be butting heads. It sounded as though they had some issues to work out not that long ago. "No problem Ben, feel free to talk whenever okay?" She told Ben before sipping her water again. Scooting over to take a seat onto the nearby couch Margaret crumbled up the paper towel she had her pizza resting on and placing it onto a nearby little table.

Laivindur
Ben nodded, and smiled brightly at the idea that formed in his head by Margaret's kind offer. As he headed for the two couches that faced each other, and containing four blonds, Ben thought of popping in for a chat with Margaret at the most inconvenient time. Not in the shower, as that would probably have him banned. Maybe when she was at home...in her room...ready for bed...Wearing only her pajamas. With that teenage dream aside, Ben stopped by Susan. She sat alone across from Raven, whom had both Gwen and Dani at her sides. Ben drew breath to ask for a seat, but as he'd had quite enough of the music currently playing, he paused. Breaking Benjamin wasn't soothing to Benjamin, in more than one way, and it certainly didn't match the time for celebration.
He lifted a finger, and said smartly while shoving the water bottle under his arm"...Hang on." He put his right foot one step back, and looked like concentrating with both hands feeling a small space of air before him. He was after Dani's phone, and if the Iron fist wasn't keeping a strong grip on the thing at that moment, it would appear in his hands as if he'd pick pocketed the phone only a moment before. Should the phone be lying on the table or loosely in someone's hand, it would appear in Ben's hands. If by some reason it wasn't coming to him, he would simply look at it, and suggest a change of music. "How about some cheerful music for a cheerful time, huh?" He would say in any of the cases.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brea and Gands
Seeing as Simon was preoccupied with Anton(And she couldn't blame him, the boy was also quite attractive) Raven takes her eyes away from Simon and around to Danielle. "Yes yes, we have fun here!" She says and smiles seeing it was Gwen who had taken the spot next to her, and the boy Ben was about to join them as well. Though not before choosing to make a fun show with his abilities, to which Raven only cocks her head slightly to the left but dismisses it while having another look around the room. There were still people scattered about, mainly the boys. Personally Raven doesn't mind that. But Raven also sees an opportunity in seeing that Margaret is kind of standing alone, not quite socializing with the rest besides with Ben as she'd spied earlier.

An opportunity to not usurp their leader, but maybe poke at her pride, her abilities. Out of a little revenge, and a little personal fun. To her the best reasons to do anything.

"I was kidding, this is not blondes only section." Raven stands and waves the others over. Her hair changes from platinum to a deep red and uncurls to fall down her back and shoulders. "Come come! We are a team!" She gestures ecstatically for people to come sit, or stand around the couches and table. "Let's gather around, and maybe yes, put on some cheerful music! My favorite American band is Maroon Five. Maybe them?" She asks the last of Danielle specifically, she being the one whose phone is synced up right now.

Reactions: Gands
Sue

"I have some suggestions too, Evanescence, Adele or Pink !"

She felt relaxed around these people. When Raven looked over at Simon and Piotr, She felt herself evaluating the big Russian boy. Talk about the opposite of Reed... It might bear exploring. She doubted the boy would be anywhere near as wish washy.
She sighed to herself, maybe not a good idea to do anything where it might bother Reed. Still, unable to help herself for the moment, she looked at the other boys. Peter.. well, too much like Reed and probably has a thing with Gwen. Simon... well, she didn't care much for blondes. Anton.... too pretty and Ben she would guess as Gay. Now, Reeds friend Tony.... all the smarts with a healthy dose of head too big for normal doorways.

• Haha
Reactions: Laivindur and Brea
Benjamin was pleased with his successful trick, but as he started swiping the screen, yet another obstacle occurred. He needed to get through her swiping password. Quickly the raven haired teen started to guess, and after failing once he glanced shortly at Dani for hints. Finally, he guessed again, and it was a success! Grinning Ben started to open Spotify while listening to all of their suggestions. Regardless of whether the rest of the team decided to listen to Raven and gather around, Ben sat down next to Susan saying "Pink is an excellent suggestion." Before he could continue however, he needed to get rid of the pointy crown on his head. With one steady sweeping motion of his hand, Ben made his shimmering crown disappear, and before his black bangs could fall forward across his face, he pulled it back with the same respectful pace and grace as when removing the crown. The bangs were now away from his face as if styled, so Ben could casually continue to talk to Susan. He ignored Raven making Dani the supposed DJ, because Benjamin had the power now. He had the phone, and he could lend its power to anyone of his choosing, and right now, it was the lonely blonde in couch number two- Susan.
Leaning closer to Susan, shoulder against shoulder, Ben showed her the albums from Pink through Spotify, and said "Which one would you like? Remember, now! Something upbeat and cheerful!" He was going to make a deal out of that phone, so if anyone was to take it away from him, they would have to be quick or strong. While offering Susan a choice, he playfully hinted towards "Pink - Raise your glass."

@Gands @Michale CS @Ms.Ezra @Brea

danielle-rand-jpg.165018

When I noticed that my phone was gone, even before Raven suggested the song, I immediately put together what happened. Somehow Ben got the phone from me. Not that I cared about it - it was just a thing, but I felt I had to address it. "Next time, ask, huh? It's not like I would have said no." I addressed that to Ben, with a smile on my face. "Not a bad song choice, though. I should look into that group."

Simon

Simon didn't shake Piotr's offered hand, instead using a forearm grasp.

" Cyfarchion fy ffrind newydd, that means greetings my new friend in Welsh "

Simon had a big grin, now going from forearm clasps to putting his hands on the bigger fellow's shoulders.

" I think I have a lot to learn from you Piotr, I am very glad you joined us. Have you had pizza yet ? "

He turned briefly to Anton nearby offering his hand for a handshake.

rogue-png.165373

Character Sheet: Here
Mentioned: Simon (@Gands)
Interactions: Simon
Outfit: X-Men Uniform

Caught a little off-guard at the sudden greeting as the tour came to a close, Anton turned towards Simon, a pleasant smile spreading across his face. Then; he stuck out his hand. A cautious expression quickly replaced his more upbeat one, causing Anton to chuckle a bit. "Jus... Give me a second." he quickly stated before reaching into the brown leather interior of his jacket, retrieving a set of thick black gloves, one of which he quickly slid on. Surely, Ben and anyone watching may have been curious about the act, but Anton quickly made his intentions clear. "Ah've got the power to drain people's... Well; powers. Or life force- one'a the two... Just don't want to be bringin' anyone trouble, is all."

With his glove firmly on, Anton's smile returned and he shook Simon's hand firmly, nodding as he did so. "So, when'd'cha learn Welsh, Si? Here I thought it was a dyin' language." he asked.

Reactions: Laivindur
Simon

Simon watched with slightly odd expression until Anton explained. Shaking the other boy's hand when it is finally offered.

" There is actually quite a movement in Wales to keep the language alive. My father was Welsh, very proud. My mother was Scottish. They moved to the States before I was born. "

He hears Raven inviting people over.

" Come on guys, lets go get to know the ladies better. "

Simon is smiling, heading over to where the girls are gathered.

" Come on Piotr, REED, over here ! "

Susan

She looks at Ben with a smile. She is relaxed at the moment. Looking at Ben, she isn't yet going to bother judging him on any particular subject. He certainly is a bit out of the box.

" Thanks Ben, lets go with that one !"

As Simon starts getting the boys to join them, even Reed.

" What do you think of the other boys Ben ? "

While Susan took a look at the phone, Ben responded to Dani's supposed opinion with a sassy expression of disbelief. Few would be indifferent to having their phone taken away from them like that, and he doubted Dani as one of them. No matter, for he'd have fun teasing her with it now or later. To Ben, sometimes it was only a matter of time. As the song Susan picked started playing (Pink - raise your glass) Ben said gesturing towards Susan "Ahh! Much better! This girl got taste!" He put the phone into his chest plate where it would be safe, and seemed ready to get up again when Susan asked him his opinion of the boys, who were currently coming closer. Ben paused in his seat and looked puzzled at Susan. After a quick glance at Simon, whom approached with the intention of bringing the rest with him, Ben replied friendly "Boys talk already?" Looking at the girls around him he said brightly "We can't talk boys if they're gonna be here, can we?" He clicked his tongue, and rolled his eyes playfully.

gwen_stacy__ponytail_by_merkymerx-dbjf21z.jpg

Color Ref: C40960
Mentioned: Peter ( @mr_pibbs ), Danielle ( @Gands ), Others
Interactions: Susan (@Gands ), Ben ( @Laivindur )
Outfit: Super Suit

Gwen only responded to Susan's greeting with a warm smile. Before she had the chance to say anything to her, or any of the other girls, Ben had joined their table. He had a phone in hand- which she quickly came to learn actually belonged to Danielle- and was proposing a change in music. While he and Susan decided what song to play, Gwen wondered how he had acquired the device that did not belong to him. Usually, her spider sense would have gone off. But, she had not been alerted to the thieving occurring around her.

Is it because Peter is here? She wondered, turning in her seat to briefly glance towards him with a frown. He always had her spider-sense going off in a Peter-Specific way, but if his presence was going to mess up alerting her of potential danger that was going to be a problem for her out in the field. She'd grown almost dependent on it at this point.

By the time Gwen turned back to the table Ben and Susan had already chose the song. She started tapping her foot to the beat of the music, glad for the change in pace. Perhaps not her favorite kind of music, but who didn't enjoy P!nk? Another smile grew across her lips as Ben was asked about the other boys. She had noticed him make his rounds among him, he seemed to be quite the social butterfly.

"Later, then," Gwen insisted when Ben refused to gossip with them. She was actually interested in what he had to say about his fellow comrades. She doubted she'd see all of their sides like Ben would be able to, partially because teenage boys always behaved differently when girls were around. The only reason she wasn't trying to be more persuasive was because he was right, it was probably best not to talk about their teammates when they were coming to sit down with them.

Reactions: Laivindur
rogue-png.165373

Mentioned: Danielle & Pitor (@Michale CS), Simon (@Gands), Ben (@Laivindur)
Interactions: Simon, Pitor, Ben
Outfit: X-Men Uniform, One Black Glove on his right hand

Anton followed along as Simon was called over to Raven, smiling as he did. "Well, Ahm glad yer keepin' the language alive and well, Simon. Ma mother taught me a bit 'a French when Ah was younger; Ah could always give yew a lesson if yer lookin' to learn some." he said, casually shrugging his shoulders as he entered the group.

Danielle seemed to have already gotten the 'party started', as the phrase went, though Anton wasn't a huge fan of the choice. P!nk wasn't one of his preferred artists, but he wasn't going to ruin everyone's fun because he had a particular taste in music. Instead, he grabbed a small red cup and filled it with punch, ready to mingle with his future teammates. Holding the cup in his ungloved hand, Anton gazed around the crowd, trying to figure out who wasn't already engaged in conversation.

His eyes landed on the young man who had apparently been eyeing him up after his arrival- Ben is what Anton had heard the boy called by others. With a bright smile, he opened his mouth to say hello when Ben sassily commented about not engaging in 'boy talk' while the boys were there. His right eyebrow perked; oh, so they were already struggling around with relationship dynamics. Casting the group a soft glance, Anton crossed his arms and said "Ya know; the Professor outright banned inter-team relationships when we were gettin' tew know each other. Nawt sure how S.H.I.E.L.D. does things, but Ah think it might be best tew wait at least a month or two before we start figurin' out which of us wants to date hew." Though a joking tone was present in his voice, Anton was at least partially serious about the matter. Intimate relationships only complicated things, especially when everyone relied on each other and one small ripple in the dynamic could throw each of them under the bus.

Glancing at Piotr, Anton smiled a bit and let out a chuckle. "Ey Piotr, remember what happened with Nightcrawler and Storm? Ah tell yew; ain't never seen a woman as upset 'bout a man's actions than Ororo after she caught Kurt play-flirting with Kitty. Man oh man; I hope I never have to see an entire hurricane isolated 'round one person ever again so long as I live and breathe!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands and Laivindur
(JOINT POST WITH MR_PIBBS)
As Reed Richards carefully plucked a pool cue off of the cue rack, carefully taking a moment to give it a gentle roll against the table to check its evenness. He glanced back at Ben and Margaret who were continuing to talk, though Ben seemingly had his eyes locked right back at him. It was peculiar, Ben seemed like such a social butterfly, but the look wasn't anything that suggested something friendly. Reed couldn't quite make out what the look suggested so he turned away, brows furrowing a little.

Picking the cue back up off the table Reed leaned against the table slightly. Stretching over to pick a small chalk to rub down the cue tip with clean sweeping motions. Just mindlessly glancing around the room as he finished, gently tapping the tip of the cue against the side of the table to let the excess chalk flutter off. He wasn't particularly hungry, doesn't really eat much after the experiment to be honest. Something he'd been meaning to look into but lacked the resources.

After grabbing a few slices of his favorite pizza, a surprise which he was still reeling from, Peter made his way into the rec room. As it seemed, SHIELD had ordered a few dozen small pizzas for each of them, especially customized to the student's personal preferences. Seeing as how two of the small-sized Deluxe pizzas were meant for him (even clearly labelled with his name on the box), Peter thought he would just take the boxes with him and eat on the go.

But as he finished tossing back another slice, Peter noticed Reed hanging out over by the pool table and casually strolled over to his new friend. "Hey, there you are." he called out, gently setting his food down on a small side table near the sitting area. "You ran off before I could get the chance to show you the new duds. It's only fair since you got to show me yours." Peter joked, smiling at Reed.

His eyes followed along with the limb as Reed stretched out his arm to grab a piece of chalk to polish his cue. Peter winced, clearing his throat. "That's still gonna take some getting used to. But then again; my body literally produces genetic webbing, so who am I to judge?"

Reaching across the table to grab another pool cue, Peter smiled at Reed and gestured his eyes towards the table. "Might if I tag in?"

Reed glanced back over, he hadn't even noticed Peter's near attire. "Oh yes how rude of me." Reed noted, a bit surprised in tone before giving Peter a once over in his shiny new Spider-Man gear. "Very nice, surprised they just went with spandex by the look of it." Reed questioned aloud, "Still, I'm sure it'll suffice for what you do."

He had recalled the comments Peter made while they were on the tour, joking if it had 'tasted good' in terms of the shield. Reed was still too embarrassed and feeling socially ashamed to say anything. However that didn't let Reed stop him from realizing maybe Peter didn't realize how Reed felt about it. Peter seemed like someone who could understand his side of life perhaps. More than anyone else there it seemed.

As Reed put back the chalk he realized that it was a rather unusual sight for someone who wasn't used to it. Glancing at his own hand for a moment as Peter got a pool cue himself Reed stood back upright away from the table. "Honestly it's strange, when they first activated I'd have days where I was a noodly bloated mess with no idea how to control myself. These days though after all the mental and physical training it's become second nature." Reed told Peter. "I had to learn a lot about mental focus, finding the right mind frame to be able to keep physical control while not having it overwhelm me and make it hard to do everyday things on top of it." It was all a tough process, especially when he had to reveal his power to his mom just simply because keeping it from her was impossible. His younger brothers are still clueless about it, but frankly he's glad about that.

"If you want to play I wouldn't mind." Reed noted with a smile, taking off his goggles only to reach into a secret pocket on the backside of his costume. Pulling out a small pair of his usual glasses. Wanting something light and easy for such a casual activity. He put his goggles next to the pile of pizza boxes Peter brought in. "I should warn you though, my father is a pretty good billiards player himself." Reed told Peter before gesturing to the table, "Why don't you go ahead and break."

Peter nodded at Reed as he mentioned the struggle with learning how to control his abilities. "I hear that; when I learned I could stick to things, it took an entire weekend just to learn how to get unstuck. Missed out on seeing a ball-game with my Uncle Ben, but he didn't mind. Even turned the TV up loud enough so I could hear the game from my room; man, the neighbors went nuts." Peter said as he polished his cue, laughing as the memory came flooding back to him. Obviously his uncle hadn't caught sight of the young teen stuck to the ceiling of his bedroom, believing Peter to be near-violently sick by his own admission, but that still didn't stop Ben from being Ben. Baseball Night was going to happen whether Peter was sick or not, and Peter loved it about his uncle. That man was stubborn to a fault; but man, did he make life fun.

But it was also that same stubbornness that ended his life. That sense of pride and refusal to let anybody walk all over him, good or bad, in the end, led to him being left on the side of the road while the man who shot him drove away in a stolen police cruiser. And it was all because he refused to leave the parking lot because Peter said he'd be out in an hour.

The pleasant smile shifted from Peter's face momentarily as he tried to shake off the feeling of guilt. He couldn't keep doing this to himself. His uncle stood up for what he thought was right, as a man, and as an officer of the law. He acted like he always did, and Peter knew that if Ben could see him today, he'd be so proud of Peter trying to better the lives of others (though he doubted he'd be a major fan of the mask and vigilantism).

But letting out a low breath as Reed asked him to start, Peter nodded and pulled back the cue, ready to break the triangle. "So, you recognize any of those nut-bars Captain Rogers showed us? I've actually met a few of them, you'know? Or, I mean; Spider-Man's fought them."

Reed smiled a bit hearing about Peter talking about his Uncle and the weekend he had learning his own powers. It was nice, as Reed and his father always had a really strange by outside standards, but wonderful relationship. Quiet nights in science labs, barely saying anything but the two just had a chemistry, so to speak. Not saying a word but seemingly on the same wavelength, giving one another the exact tool they needed at the exact time they needed it without even having to ask. Having a pride in anything they were able to accomplish together that radiated off of them with nuclear-like power.

Of course Reed slipped into the same bout of sadness as Peter did, though it wasn't quite the same reason. Uncle Ben was gone, and there wasn't anything that can change that now unfortunately. For Reed though, he knew his father was still alive, and was out there somewhere in the infinite void. He couldn't explain it fully, and even had trouble rationalizing the things he saw that fateful night the experiment failed. Still, it was a puzzle that Reed was going to solve one day, he had to solve it.

The sudden crack of billiard balls clanking against one another snapped Reed out of his own thoughts, as Peter broke clean but didn't sink anything. Even though Peter's raw strength came through in the shot as the billiard balls frantically bounced all around the table. Almost relieved to have something new to think about Reed gently stroked his chin in thought, glancing away before stepping forward to the table. "Hmm no can't say I have. I do want to help people but I'm not exactly one would call a fighting type. At least not yet of course." Reed explained to Peter with a shrug as he glanced down at the table and started to eye the shot.

Okay there's a shot on the four ball, five ball, and seven ball that can be done with a 38 degree shot if the angle of the cue tip if dropped slight down and to the right to allow for spin. However that would give him a possible angle towards the one ball… Even though it only looked like it was taking a few seconds for Reed to line up a shot. Reed's mind was visualizing a complex equation through kinetic energy, angling, and probability that could've filled a whole chalkboard. Finally Reed leaned down, letting his fingers gently form a perfect cradle for the cue tip to gently but firmly stay lined up.

With a keen but careful stroke, the cue ball zipped across the table, bouncing off the four ball and hitting the five ball directly into a corner pocket. Ricocheting it around the eight ball and off of a rail where it finally released the last of its energy, stopping after hitting the seven ball hard enough to put it into the opposite corner.

Leaning back up like what he did wasn't anything special. Reed glanced over at Peter with a small but boastful smirk. "Solids." He noted to his teammate and casual opponent.

Peter let out a small chuckle when Reed mentioned not being the fighting type, letting a sigh pass his lips. "Well, I'll tell you one thing; they're pretty easy once you know how to take them down. Every bad guy has his weak spot. I learned pretty quickly that despite my strength; there's still guys who can take me down like nobody's business." he explained, watching as Reed lined up his shot.

"My strategy is to take the 'Speedy-Quipper' approach; get in, make fun of them, the bad guys get annoyed, their technique gets sloppy, a few webs and some third-level discount karate lessons later and BAM!" Peter exclaimed, practically shouting as he finished, watching as Reed made his move. Peter's eyes perked with curiosity as the balls seemed to move in such a precise way; there was absolutely no way that Reed wasn't trying to use science to his advantage. Well two could play that game, Mr. Richards.

Smiling as he crossed over to the other side of the table, ready to take his turn, Peter nodded at Reed. "Nice shot. Should've made a 'no Beautiful Mind moment' rule, but guess that hindsight just sucks that way." he joked, teasing Reed about his high intellect. Peter paid particular attention to the white ball; he knew the shot would be tricky, but he had to line this up just right. Directly before him, the 4 Ball; but beyond that, sat three lined balls; 12, 11, and 14, two of which were nearing the edge of a pocket. With the right amount of force... Screw it, I'm not going down without a fight! Peter thought, interrupting his thought midway through. The math worked out; he could pull this off.

After a moment of hesitation, Peter pulled back the cue and let it rip; slamming the white ball with his stick and knocking it into the 4 Ball. Though the force of the hit was not strong enough to break either the cue or the ball, it caused 4 to jump into the air slightly, slamming into 12 with such intensity. 4 rolled off to the side, having been pushed off course by the impact, while 12 sped up, headed straight for 11 and 14, both of which were balanced precariously by the middle-left pocket. 12 rolled swiftly and, having aimed it perfectly, Peter watched with a satisfied look on his face as both 11 and 14 rolled into the hole, while 12 precariously dangled over the edge of the pocket. It rocked for a moment, slowing down, before it suddenly fell in.

Peter smiled at Reed and said "Guess I shoot again? Or did you wanna take a whack?"

Reed to Peter surprise still seemed tickled as he watched the shot. Nodding in approval as he watched the impressive shot play out. Peter clearly had a grasp on all the fundamentals of making a good shot as well. Clearly he would make a good opponent… except for a few small problems.

"Nice shot." Reed said looking at the table before glancing back up at Peter. "Of course, in billiards the opponent doesn't shoot until the other player misses a shot. Plus in eight ball you aren't supposed to hit a solid ball if you're playing stripes but otherwise you clearly know what you're doing!" Reed after a brief pause, still smiling, stretched an arm over to give Peter a supportive pat on the shoulder. It probably looked very patronizing, but Reed wanted to show he appreciated the good show.

"I mean I suppose we can just mess around with pool shots. I'm not really much of a competitive type."
Reed suggested, looking at the table again. "Though, getting back to what we were talking about earlier. I'm sure it wouldn't take too much for me to learn how to neutralize someone acting out." Holding out his open hand a little, Reed focused on it and grasped it into a fist. A fist that began to swell outward like a balloon until it was double the size of his head. Holding it up still closed between the two. "I learned this little trick not too long ago. I'm sure hitting someone with this would sting really hard wouldn't it?" He asked, not completely sure himself on the suggestion.

Peter's smile was almost immediately replaced with a slight grimace when Reed commented on how the game was meant to be played. Oops. "Well, uh... Sorry about that." he said, shrugging his shoulders casually. "Honestly haven't played pool for a while, totally forgot about that rule. But yeah, it's probably better if we just free-form; we can figure out who's better when we're duking it out with the crooks, eh?"

When Reed inflated his fist almost twice the side of his head, Peter's eyes popped open in amazement and a laugh left his lips. "Oooh man, that's awesome! I'd love to see you swinging that right at Mysterio's stupid fish-bowl!" Peter exclaimed, a wide smile on his face. "Yeah, I think that'd about do it. But now you got me thinking of all the different 'Web-Elasticity' move combinations we could come up with during a fight. I bet it'd be some Street Fighter level stuff!"

Reed gave him an understanding nod as Peter gave his reason for messing the game up. "Yeah just like I have to remind myself constantly not everyone around me understands all the nuances of science. I suppose I should do the same for billiards as well…" He figured, shaking his massive hand until it shrunk back down to normal size.

Glancing over at the hearing of his name, Simon was beckoning him over to the small group gathered around a pair of couches. "Hmm, suppose we can put a rain check of sorts on this game and do it another time right?" Reed asked looking back at Peter before going back to Simon. "In a moment!" He called to him.

"So… street fighter level stuff you say?" Reed asked Peter, "I mean I'm figuring a lot of our conflicts will probably end up happening out on the streets. So I guess that kind of makes sense unless I'm not understanding something in particular."

Peter turned around as Simon called out for Reed, an eyebrow raising curiously. "Huh. Guess the game'll have to wait. I'll beat you fairly next time, right?" he joked, flashing Reed a teasing wink as he set down his pool cue and followed Reed towards the others.

But when he mentioned fighting in the streets being a common occurrence, Peter groaned and placed a hand softly on his face. "Uh... Dude? Street Fighter's a video game. You know, like with Ryu, M. Bison, all those guys? Actually to be honest, your powers aren't unlike Dhalsim's. He's got the stretchy-thing going on too."

Pausing to process this new information, Reed glanced over at one of the arcade machines in the room. A video game? Like the ones his younger brothers play all the time? Interesting... Reed hadn't considered the fact that pop culture could have characters he could askew inspiration from in figuring out more about his powers. It was an exciting prospect that sent a shiver up his spine as he put his pool cue back as well. Joining the others around the pair of couches Reed paused when he realized Susan was being sat next to Ben. It was a very brief look, one none of the others probably saw. It was a look of jealousy, even envy. Quickly though Reed caught his breath and regained a warm outer disposition.

As Reed and Peter had arrived even Margaret had realized that everyone had been converging together into a tight cluster. She had been texting some other people, quiet keeping to herself and her own little world until she realized what the others were up too. Pausing Margaret quickly popped out one more text…

'As long as you two can get here in a little bit, we can get this going.'

Before stuffing her phone into one of the belt pockets of the suit. Margaret left her shield by the chair as she came up next to Peter. "Well seems like everyone's getting along well!" Margaret noticed. Her eyes sliding right past Raven to not kill her own good mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Pink?" Raven asks herself mostly on hearing the name, and the name clicks in her head when the song starts to play. "Ohhhh her! I love her." She sits down, has one last bite of her pizza and leaves the crust on the plate and sets the plate on the table. "I really like her hair." She runs her hands through hers and appears to 'mold' it from long and red to short and blonde in the style Pink wears hers. "And she is so pretty but...edgy? Is that the word?" She says and asks as she works her fingers over her face, molding it to look exactly like the singer from the neck up. "Her face is easy enough, but the voice is always the tricky part." She massages her throat "Do...re...mi...fa....sooo..." She vocalizes and the others hear her voice change "P-p-pineapple....pickle....mayo...cuuuucummmber...sssandwhich." Raven claps once and giggles "There! Think I got it?" She asks, her voice a nigh-perfect copy of Pinks'. Raven clears her throat and waits for the chorus before singing along in that voice, really belting it out just as Margaret is joing the group. She can match the tone and pitch, but careful ears can catch Raven isn't much of a singer on the cusp like this.

This felt so liberating for Raven. She was quite beside herself being able to use her power so freely. Before it had always been a game to find the most discrete place and time to change if she wanted. It really got her heart racing, this feeling she couldn't place at the moment.

"Margaret! So nice to join us!" Raven waves at Margaret "I was starting to think you were going to have your own officer's table." She says in a teasing manner, but those more perceptive might catch it the subtext that she means it as a kind of suggestion Margaret thinks herself literally superior to the others because her father gave her direct command of this team. Raven even pretends like she doesn't catch the other girl looked right past her.

Simon Williams

"Thanks Anton, I like the idea of learning languages. "

He walked with the other two boys till they reached the impromptu gathering. He had never been well skilled at social gatherings. Home schooled and an introvert on top of that. Being at the nearby Shield base for several months had helped a lot. He moved over to the newly arrived Reed Richards, standing with Peter Parker.

He spoke quietly to Reed, just loud enough that Peter could hear.

" Pardon me Reed, I was wondering if you could make some time to talk to me this week ? I have a great deal of paperwork involving my father's energy research I would like you to look at. I could recompense you fairly as well. Your pardon mister Parker, I don't know if you are into energy research. I helped my father quite a bit in the last years. I suspect Roxxon energy sabotaged his efforts. "

1540573935777.png

Simon was quite serious and somber as he mentioned his father's papers. They had been hidden. Boxed away in a secret safe in his father's office.

Susan

Susan was sitting with the girls, and Ben, watching Raven's tricks. Then Simon had managed to gather the boys, even talking quietly to Reed. Anton making his own moratorium on relationships within the group, a group he only just now had come to.

She watched Margaret as Raven ever so subtly teased her. Margaret seemed distant... up to something ? The other girl certainly didn't care much for Raven. She didn't want to think of Margaret as one of those cheerleaders, who dealt best with only the other cheerleaders. But between Margaret's little meeting with Reed earlier today and this ongoing attitude with everyone else. . . .

piotr-nikolaievitch-rasputin-1-jpg.165019

Glancing at Piotr, Anton smiled a bit and let out a chuckle. "Ey Piotr, remember what happened with Nightcrawler and Storm? Ah tell yew; ain't never seen a woman as upset 'bout a man's actions than Ororo after she caught Kurt play-flirting with Kitty. Man oh man; I hope I never have to see an entire hurricane isolated 'round one person ever again so long as I live and breathe!"
"Молчи! It is very rude to talk about people's... Отношения ... how you say, Relationships when they are not here to defend themselves. неприличный! Anton." He huffed and shook his head, and waggled a finger at Anton for his scandalous behavior.

She massages her throat "Do...re...mi...fa....sooo..." She vocalizes and the others hear her voice change "P-p-pineapple....pickle....mayo...cuuuucummmber...sssandwhich." Raven claps once and giggles "There! Think I got it?" She asks, her voice a nigh-perfect copy of Pinks'. Raven clears her throat and waits for the chorus before singing along in that voice, really belting it out just as Margaret is joing the group. She can match the tone and pitch, but careful ears can catch Raven isn't much of a singer on the cusp like this.

However, in response to Raven, he clapped and smiled. "Dear lady, perhaps you could mimic a voice of one of my favorite artists? Her name is Enya."

danielle-rand-jpg.165018

Danni was a little freaked out by the voice manipulation of Raven, but tried not to look it. Instead, she went over and, unless prevented, reclaimed her phone and in response to Piotr's request, found a song by Enya that was less of a snooze fest than most of them. And since she knew the words to this song she'd sing along if Raven sung.

When hearing about a rule, Ben started to think about ways to break it without being caught, either as a participant, or instigator. Scanning the group he wondered who would be the best fitting romance for him. Everyone seemed interesting enough, though he wasn't sure if he should let himself be drawn into a relationship out of spite, or out of interest. While taking in the group as a whole, and getting to know them bit by bit, Ben looked at Raven. How couldn't he? She worked like magic, yet he sensed no magic coming from her. As she changed her voice, although with a little bit of improvised practice, to match her face of the pop star, Ben looked at her with amazed amusement. She could be multiple illusions, however formed from physics rather than magic. How? For a moment, Ben shared Peter's and Reed's interest in science, wanting to find out just how Raven's powers worked- though Ben also wondered how the rest of her worked. Anyway, as she was singing he sensed no magic coming from her. She was a delicious freak of nature.
Ben joined the short sing along, and felt like getting up to dance. He was happy to see the party growing in energy and spirit. At the big, russian guy correcting Anton's gossiping, Ben smiled amused, but made sure to give the southerner a supportive look. The trickster would be happy to start a discussion about romance, or not to romance, but he got side tracked by Raven's sassy comment towards Margaret. His heart beat hotly for Raven at that point, though he showed no signs of abandoning his loyalty to Margaret yet. At the mention of Enya however, Ben stopped abruptly and looked at Piotr bewildered "Enya?!" Just then Danni reached into his chest plate to get to the phone. Ben was caught by surprise and squeaked as if being tickled horribly. He tried to push her away and leaned back into the couch, but it was to no avail. The girl was super strong. Annoyingly so. As she retreated with the phone in hand, Ben said aghast with hands covering his chest "How rude!" He continued his act as victim, and shouted "Someone! Arrest that perv!"
The beautiful song started playing, and Ben couldn't complain. It was festive, and sad at the same time. It fitted as a small comfort to his wounded pride, which he kept hidden behind the act of comedy.

Collab between Raven and Simon

Simon Graham Williams Simon listened to the music thoughtfully. It was all very cool, he'd probably make sure it was added to his own music player. The gizmo was prepared by his shield friend Fitz. It had a huge selection of different types of music. He thought to himself, this might be the right moment. He looked over the girls. Team leader Margaret clearly didn't like him. Gwen seemed locked away in her own world or staring at Peter. Dani was a warrior, not a dancer. Susan looked more like a computer programmer than a dancer. Raven had to be that first choice. He walked over to her, bent to whisper in her ear. "Do you ballroom dance?"

Raven had just finished singing along with the Enya song, doing her best to match the voice on a whim. She smiles and looks aside at Simon. "This isn't a ballroom, but I think I can manage, ja?" She stands and puts her hand out in a dainty manner for Simon to take.

He smiles, showing her an MP 3 player / Radio gizmo and taking her hand gently. " A friend of mine put some songs on here for me. Find us some tango music you like please! "

"Don't mind if I do." Raven takes the device, tells the group "Simon and I are going to take over the music for a little dance." and syncs the device to the sound system. While she browses the selection thinks how forward this boy is being. To tango with someone means being very close with them. Either this boy had all the confidence she did or was totally clueless. "Here we go!" Raven presses play, sets the MP3 Player on the table and leads Simon over to the open part of the room to start their dance.

Simon in fact was not particularly confident with women in any conventional sense. What he did have was an insistence on his mother's part that he learn some social skills, in this case, classical dance. His mother idolized Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire. So, young Simon had a very large skill base with which to drown out his usual under-confidence with girls.

He simply fell into his dance skills. He started the tango with the beautiful Raven and never looked back. His body had a set of remembered maneuvers once he started. He didn't do anything out of character with the dance. Once of his teachers said once, there is no messing up the Tango, if you foul up, simply Tango on. But Simon's body was remarkably dexterous and graceful. Far more than you might suspect.

Raven moves with Simon with graceful energy. Midway in the dance, she decides to be a little mischievous and changes into her normal appearance with a black dress. Saying nothing of it, Raven keeps the dance going, really enjoying the feel of his strong arms and chest when they get close. Raven had been thinking about how to get out of this team eventually without being kicked from the Academy itself, but now that she's dancing with Simon thinks maybe it will be worth it to stay.

Whether or not Simon cares so much about her true form or simply is clinging to the form and ritual of the dance, to his credit Simon maintains the dance. A musician too, he keeps the beat of the dance well. Even gaining confidence with her energy and grace, He finishes the dance very well. Finally whispering into her ear.

" More beautiful now, than at the beginning of the dance Miss Raven "

Raven, her back to Simon, giggles at the feeling of his breath on her ear and whispers back "Careful. Our leader may not like you liking me so much already." She giggles again and separates herself from Simon, posts with with her arms out and gives a triumphant "Ole!"

• Spicy
Reactions: Michale CS
gwen_stacy__ponytail_by_merkymerx-dbjf21z.jpg

Color Ref: C40960
Mentioned: Ben ( @Laivindur ), Anton ( @mr_pibbs ), Raven ( @Ms.Ezra ), Reed ( @LocalAreaMan ) Simon (@Gands )
Interactions: Susan (@Gands ),
Outfit: Super Suit

Having received no response from Ben, Gwen turned her attention to the people joining their group. It seemed that one of the newer arrivals, who was named Anton, if Gwen remembered correctly, had also caught part of their conversation. He made a comment on holding off on love interests within the group, and though Gwen agreed with him she wasn't sure how that would necessarily play out. They were all teenagers, after all.

The blonde watched as the phone was passed around, the music was changed, more side conversations began. She was particularity interested in watching Raven change herself over and over again. It was unlike anything Gwen had ever seen. She watched closely, trying to Raven's ability worked on a genetic level, though she had no hypothesis. Hopefully there would be a chance in the future to help her figure it out, it certainly was puzzling.

Her eyes followed Simon as he offered Raven a dance, and she even watched a little as they began their tango. She didn't quite like this kind of music, but it was nice to see other people having fun. After a moment she started to feel awkward just watching the two dance, so her gaze fell down to her pizza, which she ate quietly.

Almost feels like a waste of time, Gwen thought to herself. She looked around for a clock, wanting to get an idea of how much time she'd spent there already. When do they plan to take us home? Again, Gwen looked at everyone all around the room. The idea that she wasn't gaining anything from this bothered her deeply, and she realized that she could be using this time to really get to know some of her new teammates before they were sent out into the field and needed to work as a cohesive unit. Picking the first and closest person who didn't appear to already be wrapped up in something, Gwen smiled across the table to Susan.

"I feel almost out of place," Gwen began, wanting to skip past any kind of boring small talk that no one really likes. She thought back on everything she observed from Susan so far, trying to find something that they could possibly have in common. She remembered that during the tour the only time Susan said anything was to the taller boy, Reed, as they walked past the lab. "I'm really interested to see the technology they have tucked away within that lab... I wonder how they'll choose the 'select few' allowed inside?"