Mission: Z, IC

Otto Williams
C.Bohannon1.jpg
Interaction: Riley
-

Sleep was never something Otto got much of, not after what happened to his sister and after Afghanistan...sleep was not something he enjoyed doing, sleep brought dreams of memories best left buried and forgotten in the dust but neither those memories or sleep could be avoided.
-

He found himself kicked awake, uniform and plate carrier on his body, heavy boots on his feet and helmet by his side. You could hear voices and a mix of English and Dari and you and your men had stayed in a compound of a friendly tribal leader, you sprang forth from your sleeping position as you followed the man who had woken you up but you couldn't see his face or really tell whose voice it was. The second sound you heard after the voices was high pitch whistles and dull thumps getting closer and closer to the walls of the compound as men with rifles ran to the walls while women and children ran inside for safety. The third sound you heard was the screams of Aazar, the tribal chief's oldest son and interpreter for your squad during interactions with some of the other tribes but he was laid on the ground gut shot while one of your men tried desperately to save his life but seemed to be failing. You were dragged though the memory as you found yourself being pushed out of the compound by some unknown force before being deposited inside a trench, you looked forward with your rifle as the man who had woken you was standing above and out of the front of the trench and you tried to call out, tried to get him to get back in cover but your voice wasn't there and your arms wouldn't move. The whistle started again and came closer and closer as the man in front of you didn't move but at the last minute you seemed to be able to move so you jumped out of the trench and ran to the man just as....
-

When Riley smacked the package on the table Otto shot up like a arrow loosed from a bow, everything in his body screaming at him that he was in danger and that he needed to fight. His eyes were bugged out and he was breathing fast as his eyes darted around the room, a few second passed before his mind registered where and what was going on. He pressed his back against the wall and slid down it before putting his head in his hands as he took a few deep breaths before looking at Riley threw his fingers. "Please...don't do that when I'm sleeping." His voice was very quiet as he spoke to her, he left the event behind though as he moved over to get the fire going again.
---
On Person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
7x 7 round 1911 magazines
5x 30 round STANAG mags (26 rounds depleted in total)
1x tanto style combat knife
Several feet of para-cord
On Chest Rig:
6x 30 round STANAG magazines
In first pack: 3x flint and steel
In second pack: Nothing, all clothing taken out and left for others to take

Evangeline

aAdwPGg_700b.jpg

"You awake at unearthly hours Ev." A familiar, dazed voice reached out to Evangeline from beyond her consciousness. "I don't know how I keep up with you." Something curled into her body. Warm, desperate, frail. Evangeline wished to reach out to the figure, but felt her body stiffen with horrid weariness. This wasn't reality, yet...the voice was warm and familiar. "Don't tell me that it isn't true, Monkey. Can we sleep thirty more minutes? I highly doubt the zombies are going to burst through the door. If they do...I at least want to get eaten while I am asleep."

"You too sweet for them to eat you, moron." A mumble escaped her lips, her chest shaking with contained laughter "They'd spit you right back out. Besides. I wouldn't let it happen in the first place." Her eyes remained closed, the figure drawing closer and closer until it rested its head upon her chest.

"Okie dokie sis. Can you promise me one thing?"

"Whatever you want, Sloth."

"Please don't go anywhere anytime soon."

Evangeline's eyes flickered open slowly and she could feel her entire body ache with stiff, stubborn throbs. Her position was odd, one arm was splayed out close to Winslow, the other tucked neatly behind her back. She grimaced and plucked it from its resting space, annoyed by the sudden flurry of brunette locks cascading over her demeanor. Raking her hair through the utter rat's nest of hair, Evangeline propelled herself forward with her elbows. Her eyes threatened to close again and she yawned, loud, with her mouth fully exposed. It wasn't dainty, nor was it lady like, but did it lessen the stress of sleep from her chest. Another one escaped her, giving her enough time to clamp her hand over her lips. Brows pinched, her mind blogged briefly as a singular sentence was booming through the room. Caffeine? Did...did someone find a miraculous pot of coffee? Oh...Evangeline hadn't had coffee since her last break with her family. She consumed at least three mugs, concerning all of her family members, including guests who were beyond shellshocked to see the little Evangeline with coffee droplets speckling across her white blouse. A smile presented itself along her face, as she reminded herself there was some light within the dark. People fade, but the memories never do. They were a simple replay she could use as therapy, but at the same time...mental pictures were never the same as a physical contact. She truly missed embraces.

"Thank you love." She slurred tiredly and cracked it open, chugging it down her throat as the flavor pleasantly burned down her throat "Ah. Truly gross. But truly necessary. Winnie, sunshine...wake up, there's soda...or pop, I cannot remember what the hell you call it." She gave Winslow a small shake, but he merely groaned and rolled over to the other side, pulling his sleeping back closer to his neck. Evangeline rolled her eyes and gave a bright smile over to Bea. "Glad to see you are bright eyed and bushy tailed."

• Love
Reactions: Mobley Eats
Aveline
(ask the other guy)

cUVQy03ULNEuTVsjM-MvgWxksXJXQEngxw_hvyevWBJUsWZfypt72-cbBpUtx780IPFXHODCjm7_TLh6olGAXZhA-xzn64FZH2PcVkEw07LvqYUSh6zGlZauUeqGiJp_n-RhL1ju

As the night passed, Aveline drew herself closer to Otto, hoping it would prevent her from getting anymore colder than she already was. Regardless, the cold rain main her focus on the tapping than her thoughts, putting her to sleep quick. Though, every other hour she'd jolt herself awake, her eyes blinking open, sitting up to check her surroundings before lying back to sleep. The time felt short before Aveline could hear faint movements, if it was le mort, surely someone else would get it. Her body was too tired to move and her mind was too lazy to focus at the moment.

It wasn't until Riley drops the soda package onto the table for her to jolt awake, yet she actually sits up at how hard Otto had jumped. She blinks and rubs her eyes, head hanging for a moment before actually drawing all her attention to Otto. “Hey…” she tries, lowly, her hand on his shoulder. “You with me?” She rubs his arms before moving to her bag and pulling out two bottled waters, offering him one. It was ungrateful but Aveline would rather drink water. “Trouble sleeping? I hope I didn't wake you, apparently I tend to hit while I sleep sometimes.” She smiles, watching him start the fire. “It happened once, though...I think.”

--

ON PERSON:

- Sneakers
- Black sweatshirt
- Black jeans
- black socks
- Black coat
- Baseball Bat (main weapon)
- Silver lighter (in back pocket)

IN PACK:

- Corey's stuffed animal
- Picture of Aveline and Corey
- 2x Bottle water
- Small pistol
- 9x pistol rounds
- Baby wipes (doesn’t actually smell like babies)
- Bagged and labeled medicine: Ibuprofen (6x), Benadryl (8x), Tylenol (4x)
- Ripped Gauze
- Bagged band-Aids (10x)

ZX-KK-X0NTLVGhh9-2hMySgrHzhc3ikmkZMWEsErRMkFqt89Xa4pZAwXrQamaHtexF4EfCX41KBuUJMREpYe3r-McZ-KzOcGGg1I43PviSz5dyHTfAj0gkYp6hTChPRuWS9_Mdse

Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png

Interactions: Riley, Bea
As early morning came Cecilio opened his eyes looking around and seeing the others still asleep around him though from what he could hear it was still pouring outside much to his relief. The rain was soothing in a weird way helping to take his mind off of Sykes and Ryan still worried about his two patients though he had to remind himself he did his best and they were likely getting much better help now. He lay back and tried to close his eyes though his mind was abuzz now with what they were going to do since the storm effectively kept them inside. He was surprised to hear Riley yell something about caffeine and he expected something along the lines of instant coffee though when he saw Pepsi it was just as fine. "Beggars can't be choosers..." he said with a slight smile as he walked to where Riley placed the soda.

He took a Pepsi and was rather pleased that the drink was at least one of his favorites looking to Riley and thanking her. "Thank you Myshka..." He said quickly opening the soda and drinking it. The carbonation burning but the sweet taste well worth it and it would help stifle his hunger for a while. "So you find anything else besides the soda's?" He asked Riley wondering if there was anything useful or valuable. Meanwhile Ringo had awoken and whined softly at Bea seeming to want her attention as he licked her cheeks eyeing her soda with a bit of interest. However he stopped and simply rested his head on her lap seeming to relax as he perked his ears hearing the storm carry on outside.

------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ bayonet (15 rounds)
1x 4-14x scope
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 4/4 Full)
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
8x 9mm bullets
1x Lighter
1x Trauma kit
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x P226 Pistol (9mm) (on Loan to Cartrt)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded) (loaned to Carter)
1x Pump Shotgun (loaded) (loaned to Dex)
12x 12G buckshot (Loaned to Dex)
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
1x Riot Gear suit
1x Marlin 336
3x 20 round boxes of 30-30

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter
"Evie, watch out!"

"What do I do?"

"Shoot him! Quick!"

"I... I..."

"I can't!" Evie screamed out, bolting upright and panting heavily. Her hands quickly shot to her eyes, clearing the sleep from them and wiping the sweat laden locks of her fringe from her sight. Slowly, she looked around the room. The garage. "Oh thank Jesus... just a dream," she sighed. Looking down to her side, she looked to see if she had woken Dex having positively being in a dazed trance before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (12 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):
- Change of Outfit

Water (0):

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]
jsaFlUa.jpg
[/spoili]

Otto Williams
C.Bohannon6.png
Interaction: Ave
-

He was silent as he worked on the fire before taking the offered bottle of water from Ave with a quiet "Thank you" His voice low as he stared into the fire for a moment, he had heard Ave's words and thought of a response as he looked down to see his hand was shaking, he turned towards the woman as he clenched his fist shut then open again a few times to try and stop the shake. "No...no you didn't hit me or nothin' and ya trouble sleeping." He paused for a moment to add a bit of wood to the fire as he searched the flames for the right words on what to say next. "I...never slept well after what happened to my sister but after the war it was...much harder. Things that happened years ago still feel like yesterday and things I thought long forgotten come back to me in dreams, dreams of friends dying or being lost while I am powerless to stop it. It got really hard sometimes, after I came back I lived alone and isolation both kept me sane...I lived in a cabin in the woods after I came back, trapping and living off the land like it was the nineteenth century but now...memories are coming back because I fear the past repeating itself, I fear losing people I care about like Dex, Evie, Jesse and you Ave. I fear I will fail again." Otto finished as he went back to looking into the fire, his water slowly being sipped on.
---
On Person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
On Chest Rig:

[fieldbox="Dexter | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Nightfall, darkorange, solid"]

[imga]https://i.imgur.com/2d0xf0q.jpg[/imga]

For the first time in a while, Dex hadn't woken at the crack of dawn like was his habit. His dreams had been filled with helicopters and faceless rescuers, dragging Ryan and Sykes and Conner away into the machine before the floods could reach them, while the rest of the group stood by and watched before being swept away by the waters.

Evie's outburst didn't wake him, which was also unusual. But after she'd sat up, the lack of warmth at his side was enough to draw him away from unconsciousness. When he opened his eyes, she was looking at him, and Dex offered a sweet smile. "Hey," he murmured, wiping the back of his hand across his face. "Good morning."

She'd changed clothes, which he assumed meant that Otto and Dean had made it back safely. That was a relief. Dex sat up, leaning his head back against the couch and twisting his neck to one side. He was stiff and sore from the way he'd fallen asleep, but it was nothing a little activity couldn't fix - which was good, because they needed to get out there in the city to forage for food. He didn't relish the idea of splitting up again, especially because if he had it his way, Evie and Riley would be staying here while they went out. But it was necessary, as they'd lost all their food while fleeing Ballamory.

"You sleep okay?" he asked, oblivious to the nightmares.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
-------------------------
Wearing
black basketball shorts

On Person
Hunting Knife, with Sheath
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15/15)
DD M4 Carbine V5 AR-15 (6/32)
[all this is on the floor somewhere near the couch]

In Bag
.50cal Rounds x32
9mm Rounds x46
Minor First Aid Kit (mostly used)
Small LED Flashlight
Military Dogtags
Letter from his Father
Change of Clothing
Antibiotics & Assorted Medical Supplies

Food & Water
17oz Bottled Water [3]

[/fieldbox]​

4nAuzQs.jpg

"Yeah, I slept fine," she replied, giving him a honey sweet smile. She didn't want to give further thought to the dreams. It had to have been a one off nightmare - it was to be expected. "Just had a pretty dodgy dream. Still, waking up next to you is worth it." Leaning over to him, she tucked fleeing hair behind her ear and left a gentle kiss on his lips. "You know we're really going to need to bathe soon," she suggested with a light grimace. "Death, sweat and dirt is hardly what I'd call the eau de toilette fragrance of the century."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (12 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):
- Change of Outfit

Water (0):

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]
0NZanrF.jpg

[/spoili]

[fieldbox="Dexter | Jackson Mississippi | 2 October 2026 - Early Morning, darkorange, solid"]

WEATHER: cloudy, heavy rain & wind, mild flooding, about 63°F (17°C)

His lips twitched a bit in a frown as she mentioned the bad dream, but it was to be expected, wasn't it? With everything they'd gone through in the past week - no, month, it was bound to happen. They'd come close to dying so many times that it was almost as if it was normal now. Like something everyone had just accepted.

The sullen look was only there for a second, though, and gone just as quickly as she continued, replaced by an amused smile. "You didn't get enough of a wash last night?" He grinned and pointed over her shoulder at the window, where sheets of rain cascaded down the glass. "If you wanna give it another go, I'm sure someone has some soap you can borrow."

Muffled voices made their way through the floorboards, and Dex glanced down, immediately distracted and thinking of who he could recruit to go out on a run with him to find food.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
Wearing
black basketball shorts

On Person

In Bag
.50cal Rounds x32
9mm Rounds x46
Small LED Flashlight
Military Dogtags
Letter from his Father
Change of Clothing

Food & Water
17oz Bottled Water [3]

[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox="Dean | Jackson Mississippi | 2 October 2026 - Early Morning, lightgreen, solid"]

6PYAkrF.jpg

After changing into dry clothing and ready to settle down for the night, Dean was faced with a dilemma he hadn't before considered. Evangeline and Wislow's return had done both good and bad for him in the long run... but for the short term, there were far more complications than there were solutions. Did he just integrate himself back into their little "family" as if he had never been gone? Or did he take it slow, and start over?

He wasn't sure which idea annoyed him more. Surely Winslow wouldn't take it well if Dean just went over and spooned his sister, disregarding the pain he'd put her through with his disappearance and acting like everything was well. But then... Winslow, for now, wasn't his main concern. The boy was a follower, and Eva was his leader. If he could win her over (again), there would be no contest. And Dean knew that he could.

In the end, he posted up near the front door, taking the time to dry off, clean, and then reload his Colt before slumping against the wall with it in his lap. He managed to get some sleep. Making two trips out into the storm and back, along with their escape from Ballamory, had exhausted him both physically and mentally. But he was already awake when Riley stomped into the room with her declaration of caffeine, his eyes on Carter's slumbering form across the room.

When she spoke, though, Dean looked over, giving her a grin. "Good job, girlie. That'll get us up and going."

Hauling himself to his feet, Dean holstered his pistol and went to grab one for himself, brushing Evangeline's back with his fingertips when he passed and offering a warm smile and, "good morning."

INVENTORY (DEAN)
Wearing
Black cargo pants, black t-shirt
Black combat boots & lightweight Kevlar vest
Black Camelbak

On Person

Colt Combat Commander (9/9) [on right hip]
Small Machete w/Sheath [on left hip]
Foldable Pocket Knife [in pocket]
Small Lockpicking Kit [in pocket]

Backpack
9mm Rounds [1x box of 21]
9mm Rounds [5x boxes of 50]
9mm Mags [1x mags of 9, 2x empty]
Picture of Last Class from D.C.
Small First-Aid Kit
Police Utility Belt [handcuffs, radio, pepper spray, taser, baton, maglight]
Personal Hygiene Kit [includes battery operated clippers]
Change of Clothing [jeans, socks, boxers, shirts] (4)
Water Purifying Straw
Mess Kit w/Utensils
Weapons Cleaning Kit
Black Pullover Hoodie

clear rain poncho [2]

Food & Water
1/2 full 1lb bag of jerky
granola bars [7]
20oz bottled water [3]
60oz canteen [full]
85oz black Camelbak [full]

[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox="Riley | Jackson MI | 2 October 2026 - Early morning, teal, solid"]

"It's you, Carter - the shine is you!" Riley told him, sticking her tongue out with a cheeky smile. She pulled the tab on her own drink, watching the carbonation fizzle around the mouth of the can before taking a drink of it herself. It was warm, which was disappointing, but she wasn’t going to complain. Setting the can on the table, she scooted the case over and hopped up on to it, swinging her legs and looking around the room.

At Cecilio’s question, she nodded, and rummaging through her pocket, she pulled out the iPod and presented it to him with the earbuds dangling between her fingers. “It’s dead, but still.” Riley shrugged. “Sort of like a relic of the past, you know? Would be neat to find out what’s on it, though.”

Dean’s words were met with a nod, and she tossed him a can as he approached, noting the brief yet not at all inconspicuous brush against Evangeline. Riley’s eyebrows rose. Oooh, was there something there? It had been really convenient for them to find people Dean just so happened to know, since he hadn’t mentioned being separated from anyone the whole time he’d been there. But… then again, she’d also told her group that Dexter was dead. So she had to cut him some slack.

Cecilio took a gander at the iPod, certainly bringing him back to his teenage years, though he despised the brand of computers often associated with them. “Hmmm. I’m sure I can get this charged up in no time. Especially if there is a power inverter, but I might be able to jury rig something up just as good if I can find the right stuff...” Cecilio’s mind wandered for a moment, recalling he knew quite a few ways to improvise chargers for phones and whatnot from when he was in community college. “Hell, there might be one here. I swear I remember moving a few car batteries earlier when we got here, since they were in the way.” He stated, taking the iPod to examine it more closely.

He cast a slightly wary look at Dean, still not sure of the man’s intentions, though he had noticed his interactions with the young man and woman. He hadn’t really gotten their names... or if he had then he wasn’t paying attention. Cecilio sighed before handing back the iPod to Riley. “Tell you what, Myshka - I’ll get that thing back up and going, but you better share the music.” He said, tone playful.

“Let’s just hope whoever owned it before had good taste,” she smirked, though she figured it was pretty doubtful. It was probably full of old people music. She remembered her mom had been a fan of boy bands, but Riley liked alternative rock. Or pop-punk. Hell even country rock. She played with the iPod, her thumb going in circles around the pad. “Wonder if we could just find a car charger. That way, we can hook it up to the truck and listen to music once we start traveling again!” The prospect excited her - there were no more radio stations, and there hadn’t been a CD player installed in new model trucks for like, ten years since practically everything was Bluetooth before the outbreak. It would be like a road trip. Something normal. Just… more murdery.

Riley sat quietly for a moment before asking, “When are we going, anyway? To Nashville?” She looked around the room, mostly at Otto, since Dex wasn’t here - but Cecilio cut in.

“Hopefully soon. I really need to find out what happened to Sykes and Ryan…” He murmured before flat out downing his soda. He decided to quickly shift the topic away from their injured and absent allies. “So Riley what did you do before the world ended?” He asked her, knowing it was a jarring shift in conversation, but right now he didn’t need to think about Sykes or Ryan. He did all he could, and right now they were probably receiving the best possible medical care they could get.

Her mood instantly darkened at the mention of their injured members. Not because of them, but because of Conner. Riley clenched her hand on the edge of the table, leaning back against the wall the table was sat against. “I was still in high school,” she told him. “About to start senior year when my dad pulled us out of school.”

Cecilio looked a bit surprised to find out she was still in high school before all this assuming she was slightly older than that at the very least. “Hmm... Did you have it all figured out back then?” He asked curious if she knew what she want to do after that year. “Last I remember from back during senior I had no damned idea what I was gonna do.” He admitted not really much of a planner back in his younger days.

“My dad made six figures a year,” Riley scoffed. “I could have done anything I wanted.” She fell quiet at that, reflecting for a moment. “He wanted us to be scientists, like him,” she started, then added, “my dad,” for clarification. “That’s not what either of us wanted, but… I would have done it, I think. Just to make him happy.”

“I’m sure your dad meant well. I wouldn’t really know anything about that sorta thing being honest. My old man was never really in the picture, at least not since I was 3 days old,” Cecilio said flatly. “Still, sounds nice. It’s better to never want than to always want. When I finished I was a NEET for… about a year or so?” Cecilio murmured, trying to remember exactly when this happened.

“I don’t really want to talk about this anymore,” Riley said, voice suddenly devoid of emotion. Snatching her can off the table, she headed for the front door, pulling it open and stepping outside. There was an awning on the outside of the shop that covered about three feet of the sidewalk in front of the door. Riley pressed herself against it, feeling the rain sprinkles against her face as the wind blew it sideways under the awning, anyway. There was a brief scratch at the door, and Riley opened it, letting Hero out with her and watching as he moved to a patch of sidewalk grass to sniff and do his business, squinting against the rain. It had been rude to so suddenly leave like that, but she couldn't help it. She didn't want to talk about her dad. Or her mom. Or the before. All that mattered was now. All that mattered was the future. If they ever got to see it.

INVENTORY (RILEY)
Wearing

khaki hunting pants, black t-shirt, black socks

On Person
Beretta Cx4 Storm [15/15] (shoulder strap)
Beretta Model 92 [17/17] (right hip)
Machete w/Sheath (left hip)

Backpack
Sleeping Bag
Family Picture
9mm Rounds x46
Journal & 2 Black Pens
Bottle of Draino [3/4 full]
Aluminum Foil Roll [1/3 full]
5 Pens, Assorted Colors
Package of 12 Large Rubberbands

Food & Water
Skittles [1]
Kitkat [2]
Can Ravioli [2]
16oz Water Bottle [2 full]
[/fieldbox]​

Winslow

Winslow's bizarre night had twisted and turned with an endless, dreamless landscape. Winslow's inner conscious was set into a state of shock as he was able to sleep peacefully, his brain finally shutting down properly for a good night's sleep. His eyes only flickered open once before his true awakening, for he had heard a whimper next to him and realized Evangeline had accidentally inched out of her sleeping bag into the cold. Winslow had done what any tired companion would have done, and simply tugged the bag back around his friend. However, as Evangeline's voice broke through his restful slumber, groans of complaint escaped his cracked lips.

"Five more minutes Ev...please. For the love that is good and saintly...just
five." Slurred words bounced from his lips into his throat, where he gracefully allowed them to worsen his speech. Giving up altogether upon his desperate attempt to sleep, he propped himself upon his elbows and brought his hand to wipe away the sands of sleep. Yawning with the grace of a hyena, Winslow plopped back down to his original position, arm lazily draped over his chest. "Okay. Fine. You got any more soda Ev?" Before he could process any movement around him, an item was shoved carelessly into his open hand. Clasping his fingers anxiously around the can, Winslow slowly raised his head to get a good taste of the drink he had not enjoyed in months. Satisfaction bellowed through his entire body, and with eyes rolling back into his head, Winslow slowly put the can down to get a nearly inaudible "thank you" out of his system.

"No problem Winnie." He heard Evangeline claim, filled with energy and morning charm. Winslow was not sure how she was so composed and merely snickered his response.

"You morning sunshine child. Curses on your entire family..." He nearly yelped as he felt Evangeline pinch his arm "Hey! Quit it...little brat." Evangeline chuckled and pulled him to sit next to him, purposely laying his head upon her shoulder. "Cuddles isn't going to make up for that Ev...hey...hey, stop squeezing me. It burns. Your affection scorches my flesh." Another light squeeze was administered to his shoulders. Giving into his captor, Winslow fell silent and merely grumbled until Evangeline let him go.

"
No fun." She chimed to him, eyes fluttering in wink after wink formation. Despite himself, Winslow let out a hearty laugh. He rested his hand upon his trembling chest, catching his breath as he beheld the morning sight that made him ponder, was this truly just a nightmare? Dean's fingers gently skimmed across Evangeline's back, like a stone skimming the surface of the ocean. Winslow tensed briefly, and he noticed that Evangeline did too. She soon relaxed however at the sound of his voice, causing Winslow to raise his brow.

Ah yes. Didn't Lucifer also have a charming persona? Don't the sirens of Greek myth have soothing voices? And don't dicks just really know how to convince you that they aren't dicks? Winslow tried not to scoff at his own thoughts. For all he knew, he was wrong. His personal perception of the man who abandoned them was horribly wrong. But if there was one thing Winslow learned upon his hellish journey through hordes of zombies and poor excuses for men, his gut was the thing he could trust above all else. "Morning." He greeted gruffly, waving his hand to him in a salute. Evangeline decided not to follow in Winslow's footsteps and, rather than mockery, offered a genuine smile.

"Good morning. Was your night restful?" Her eyes shimmered with something Winslow had not seen in a very long time. Swallowing the fire forming in his throat, he decided to gently maneuver himself out of the situation, scooting to a vacant area closer to Bea. He noticed something off almost immediately and his brows knitted in concern. What did his mother tell him about the vacant stare? The thousand yard stare? Something is going on in their head. Something that Winslow couldn't perceive.

"Morning Bea~" He cooed gently, trying to allow a grin to naturally consume his features. "Ready to start this fine day madam?"

• Love
[fieldbox="Beatrice Kolkowsky | Mechanic's Shop
| Early Morning, goldenrod, solid"]

5def65b67e862b49283a5008b6abfd82--dodie-clark-clarks.jpg

Interactions: Ringo, Evangeline & Winslow

Bea sipped her soda a third time. Then a fourth.

She stopped for six seconds. In that period of time, she looked around. People were waking up. Some slowly. Some quickly. Some indifferently. That last feeling was the only one Bea knew. She couldn't decipher happiness. No, she herself could. If one were to give her paper and pen, she could define it. Happiness is elation. Sadness is the opposite of happiness. What are the complexities of it?

Her body couldn't remember.

Ringo licked her. She didn't react. Then his head was on her lap. She thought of smiling. And saying "Good boy". And petting him. But that wasn't effective. It was unnecessary. It wouldn't benefit her or the others. So she sat there. She didn't push the dog off, but that was it. She could only hear his whimpering. It hurt, but it didn't.

Another sip.

"Glad to see you are bright eyed and bushy tailed," Evangeline said. Bea didn't know if her eyes were bright. She didn't own a mirror. Was there a reflective surface nearby? There wasn't. She didn't feel like searching. Bea didn't have a tail. Her hair was bushy, though. It didn't count. Should she reply?

No. Unnecessary again. But, then again, not answering could stir worry. Worry leads to questions that she cannot answer. Which creates more worry. She attempts to smile. It's not that large. Or believable. It was the best she could do with a foreign face. She nodded too.

Winslow was talking to her. He said something about a fine day and her being a madam. Incorrect. She wasn't married nor had a title. She should've been a mademoiselle. Correcting him was unnecessary. She didn't know what to say. Should she lie to him? Or tell the truth? What was the truth of her feelings? Was she truly ready to face the day? She couldn't tell.

"I don't know," she mumbled with a shrug.

Then a flicker of heat. In her chest. Lightning fast and crackling with horror.

She was scared.

Then it was gone again.

Inventory
On Person
1x - Hunting Knife
1x - Water Canteen (half full)
3x - Protein Bar
Uke the ukulele
1x - First Aid Kit
Bloodied Finding Nemo shirt
5x - Needles
3x - Hospital Rags
1x - Change of Clothes (Black long-sleeved shirt and black pants)

Internal
(Undiagnosed) Depersonalization Disorder
Secrets boi (I'm not telling!)
PIC with Winslow
Non-serious crush on Evangeline

295862ad9eb0353041ff7db78dce9946--overall-shorts-outfit-denim-overall-shorts.jpg
m_560ffcec4e67483470009d08.jpg

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KatSea
7h8ySoK.jpg

Interactions: Miles, Rory
"I've told you once and I've told you before, Miles. Stop," Hanako lectured, harshly. Still, despite her stern words the man didn't seem to relent.

"All I'm saying is in a world where there's no technology left, what's a man to do?" the man retorted.

"Stop being an arsehole. Start there," Hanako huffed, narrowing her eyes. "Who's going to patch us up if we get hurt? Hmm? That oaf in Nashville isn't - not after your last escapade."

"I was just trying to play with the stethoscope a little..."

"And the defibrillator! You were acting like a child!" Hanako began to lose her cool. "Stop causing mischief just because you're bored you utter juvenile!"

"Fine... I'll apologise to him. Still, I don't think drawing 'I love Miles' on his cheek and stealing his underwear merits the scolding of the century," Miles finally relented. Heading over to the door to the room where the other man was supposedly residing, he knocked three times. "Rory. I'm sorry. It was a joke. We mates again, yeah?"

tumblr_nbmrddsB9h1qemjzlo4_r2_250.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: JJ and Mobley Eats
Aveline
(I got soooo much Fenty and that's definitely not why I'm late on posting)
cUVQy03ULNEuTVsjM-MvgWxksXJXQEngxw_hvyevWBJUsWZfypt72-cbBpUtx780IPFXHODCjm7_TLh6olGAXZhA-xzn64FZH2PcVkEw07LvqYUSh6zGlZauUeqGiJp_n-RhL1ju

Aveline listens to him closely, going quiet for a moment before scooting closer to him and placing a hand on each side of his cheeks, making him look at her. “Otto,” she leans in to peck his forehead then each of his cheeks. “You're thinking too hard. You cannot control everything, you can only fight and keep going and you have fought so hard. Dex, Evie, and I aren't asking to be on par every time and even if we did we all know you care too much and that is why we know you won't fail.” She smiles before letting him go. “And I know, I know it's hard to not help but to think about them but-... Things change. You do good.” Gently pushing his water closer to him to indicate she wanted him to drink more. “We're going to be fine.” Another moment passed and she stands.

“C’mon, Otto.” She begins doing simple stretches. “Stretch with me, it's cold enough might as well get more heat going other than this fire and we can't get stiff with all the moving we do.” She smiles then pouts at him as she moves. “We can get the others to join in, I'll be nice to them today?” She chuckles.

--

ON PERSON:

- Sneakers
- Black sweatshirt
- Black jeans
- black socks
- Black coat

IN PACK:

- Corey's stuffed animal
- 2x Bottle water
- Small pistol
- 9x pistol rounds
- Ripped Gauze
- Bagged band-Aids (10x)

ZX-KK-X0NTLVGhh9-2hMySgrHzhc3ikmkZMWEsErRMkFqt89Xa4pZAwXrQamaHtexF4EfCX41KBuUJMREpYe3r-McZ-KzOcGGg1I43PviSz5dyHTfAj0gkYp6hTChPRuWS9_Mdse

4nAuzQs.jpg

"Joke all you want but it sounds tempting," Evie smirked at his soap comment. "You ever just think how nice it would be to have a proper showe-" she cut herself off as his eyes dropped downwards. "Well, I know that look," she said simply. "What's going on in the nogging this time? You're looking all calculating again."

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (12 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):
- Change of Outfit

Water (0):

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]
0NZanrF.jpg

[/spoili]

Otto White
C.Bohannon4.jpg
interaction: Ave
-

He had been rather surprised by the kisses but wrote it off and put it to the back of his mind as he stood with water in hand, he did stretch but not as much as Ave as he just was looking to get his body up and motivated. He paused soon after to look at Ave, normally he would of commented on her words but his thoughts strayed as he looked on at her. "You know Ave...giving me kisses like that could lead to the neighbors starting very scandalous rumors." He said with mock concern as he motioned to the others in the room, a half smirk forming on his face. "A beautiful young woman like yourself with a grumpy old man like myself? Oh how the town will talk." He continued the mock concern for a moment before he gave a small chuckle, the darkness of his dreams mostly forgotten as he smiled at Ave.
--
On Person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
On Chest Rig:

[fieldbox="Dexter | Jackson Mississippi | 2 October 2026 - Early Morning, darkorange, solid"]

"Hm?" Dex looked up at her question, the words only registering a second later. "Oh, uh... just thinking about breakfast." He offered an abashed grin and leaned in to steal another quick kiss before standing and offering a hand to help her off the couch. "We should get downstairs, see what all the fuss is about."

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
Wearing
black basketball shorts

On Person

In Bag
.50cal Rounds x32
9mm Rounds x46
Small LED Flashlight
Military Dogtags
Letter from his Father
Change of Clothing

Food & Water
17oz Bottled Water [3]

[/fieldbox]​

Aveline
(ask the other guy)

“Can you imagine the headline?” Aveline chuckles, silently counting as she did each pose before relaxing. “Local agitated woman caught in affair with known lesser agitating man… It's a work in progress.” Her tone speaking boldly as if she was a reporter and pausing in her stretching; checking her nails then sighs dramatically. “Are you really worried about flapped gums, Otto?” She presses on, trying to keep her amused smile from growing.

--

ON PERSON:

- Sneakers
- Black sweatshirt
- Black jeans
- black socks
- Black coat

IN PACK:

- Corey's stuffed animal
- Small pistol
- 9x pistol rounds
- Ripped Gauze
- Bagged band-Aids (10x)

Reactions: Dakota K5
Otto Williams
C.Bohannon4.jpg
Interaction: Ave
-

"Well of course I am Ave, imagine what would happen to our reputations if word got out? People would think....that we we're happy." He said with a overly dramatic tint to his voice as he pressed a hand to his heart in mock concern. "Could you imagine that? Local headlines reading about combined grumpiness being up by ten fold! Oh the humanity of it all." He put his arm up to his head like a bad actor in a terrible B movie drama before he slid up next to Ave and put his arm around her shoulder and leaned in close. "Though...if we're speaking with any honesty, I don't think I would find myself doing much complaining if a beautiful woman such as yourself deemed me suitable as that sort of companion, wouldn't complain at all." He said as he pulled away from the woman and gave her a wink and a sly smirk.
---
On Person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
On Chest Rig: