Monsters and Monster Hunters OOC and Sign Up!

L

LemonLime

Original poster
Monsters were once human. They were once completely normal people. Now. . . they are something much different. At some point during their lives, they underwent a transformation. There are many different ways a transformation can happen, such as an accident, experimentation, a project gone awry, a ritual of some sort, whatever you can think of, I'm really excited to see people's creativity.
When Monsters were discovered, people were terrified. They had no idea what to make of these creatures. They assumed Monsters were dangerous. Indeed, some were. Some, but not all.
As a result, a new job opened up. Monster Hunters. At first, Monster Hunters were only meant to neutralize Monsters that were threats. The definition of threat soon started to bend as the station became more and more corrupt. Now, all Monsters live in fear of Hunters, whether or not they've done anything wrong.

Characters-
Your character can be Monsters, Monster Hunters, or just a plain old humans. Some notes on each character type.
Monsters- how monstrous your monster looks is entirely up to you. Maybe they're human-passing most of the time, or maybe they're so terrifying they don't even want to look at themselves. Be creative with it! Another thing to think about is how being shunned from society has affected them. Are they bitter, scared, sad, what? How have they been affected by this different treatment?
Monster Hunters- just because their station is corrupt doesn't mean your character has to be. They can believe they are in the right, they can believe what they're doing is necessary. Or they can be corrupt, giving the station a dark reputation in the eyes of Monsters. This is a story about your character and how they grow. Maybe they'll see not all Monsters are evil, or on the flip side, grow more and more extreme in their hatred.
Plain Old Human- As in real life, there are all kinds of people, with all kinds of opinions. Do they like Monsters and think they deserve better? Do they go so far as to harbor them like fugatives? Are they just scared, not understanding? Are they hateful and cruel, contributing to the way society treats monsters? Up to you! Plain old people are welcome to become Monster Hunters, and Monster Hunters are welcome to quit being Monster Hunters and become Plain old people.
For Monsters and Plain Old People, your character can be any age that you want. For Monster Hunters, the minimum age is sixteen.

Character Sheet-
Name:
Sexuality(optional):
Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person (choose one):
Physical Description or Picture:
How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well):
Skills/Powers (for monsters, these can be semi-supernatural abilities, for everyone else, just normal skills please):
Weakness(es)(Mainly for Monsters, to ensure they don't get too overpowered and become undefeatable):
Personality:
Interests:
Mannerisms/Quirks:
History (for Monsters, include transformation):
Extra (optional):

Once your character has been accepted (either directly or by means of a rating), please put them on the Character Index.

Rules-
1- Please keep it as PG-13 as possible! Romantic relationships and scenes are allowed just. . . try to be fairly chill with it. Swearing is fine.
2- Try to post at least two or three times a week (more if you can, but I understand a lot of people are busy). At least one decent sized paragraph per post more is welcome.
3- be considerate of your fellow writers, and ask them before doing certain things, such as killing their character, etc. I've had one too many roleplays ruined by trigger-happy trolls.
4- Have fun with it and be creative!

With that, I leave you to it! Once I've accepted a few characters we can begin the roleplay proper!

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: RPT- 0411296, Code Name: Sun Flare

He's 16

Sexuality(optional): Straight (though don't expect him to be getting a girlfriend anytime soon)
I wouldn't be opposed with pairing him with some one, it's just that he has no reason to trust both humans and monsters at the moment

Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person (choose one): Genetic Experiment (Monster)

Physical Description or Picture:

In his monster form, he seems to be a humanoid raptor. Red, orange, and yellow are the more prominent colors on his body. He has green eyes and a golden plume of feathers tipped with black on the back of his head and the end of his tail. In this form he stands 6'2" and weighs in at 325 Lb. Most of his weight is muscle.

As a human, he is white with blond hair. He dose have green eyes but they are not reptilian like his monster form. He is... Rather Handsome looking, and cleanly shaved. He stands 5'9" and weighs 200 Lb. He has a very physically fit body build.

How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well): As a creature that was originally designed to KILL other monsters, Sun Flare feels indifferent about other monsters... He doesn't particularly like them (or care about them), but he wont exactly hesitate to kill any that try to cross him.

Skills/Powers (for monsters, these can be semi-supernatural abilities, for everyone else, just normal skills please):

(only in his monster form)
Incredible physical strength (up to 100 tons)
Highly Durable
Speeds of up to 70 MPH
Fire-Breathing

(In Both Forms)
High Intelligence
Extreme heat resistance
Heightened senses

Weaknesses:

Anti-Armor ammunition rounds:

Gen 1 raptoids have very durable and heat resistant skin, however. A few good shots of standard Anti-armor rounds would put them down easily.

Super Sonic Sound:
Due to their heightened senses, Raptoids can be rendered paralyzed when struck enough times with a high enough sonic strike.

Just being Human:
As a human, a raptoid has SOME resistances based on what ind they are, but otherwise they are just as vulnerable as one until they transform.

Personality: He usually comes off as unfriendly and distant, and when challenged he can be rather aggressive. Often seen as being "Just too cold hearted".

Interests: Letting bad people suffer, "Watching the World Burn", His own freedom

Mannerisms/Quirks: Due to his human and zoological genetic make up, Flare from time to time feels torn between his humanity and feral predatory instinct. This makes him more prone to rampages than many other monsters.

He likes cats, though no where NEAR as much as they like him.

He says goodbye by saying "Don't follow me."

History (for Monsters, include transformation):

Unlike many monsters, RPT- 0411296 was not born into this world but instead created. Using DNA from Humans, A Utahraptor, Various living animals, and even other monsters, the scientist Lauren Keys sought only one goal... Build a Monster, to kill other monsters. This craze of hers first started when her son's life was lost to a werewolf, and then her husband to another one. The process took agonizing years, but one day she could hear the cries of her success deep in the depths of her lab. It was on that day that the first batch of raptoids were made, and they were just as horrifying as she dreamed they'd be.

As the specimens continued to grow she took notice of their behavior and personality, mostly taking interest in the most savage and ruthless of the pack. She nicknamed this raptoid Sun Flare, for its fiery skin coloration and use of his fire breath. Sun Flare proved to be a lot to handle, more so than the other experiments. He seldom followed commands, he lashed out frequently, he even tried to bite Lauren! Though this did nothing to denture her from her mission. She had to see to it that the monster threat is eradicated! And with Sun Flare's ferocity, that dream seemed very much possible

Around the Time when Sun Flare was 8 years of age, Lauren started to take notice that her "little freaks of nature" had the ability to "become human" at will. She assumed that this was because there was Lycan DNA in their genetic make up, and even more surprising they some how learned to speak! Though it seemed that her fire skinned favorite was the most proficient at both, she was still very impressed. But at the same time she was also rather shocked to see how Identical his human form looked to her son. This led to her becoming more and more attached to Sun Flare, and eventually in his adolescence this led to the unthinkable... Sun Flare took advantage of Lauren's weakness and escaped! But not after killing the other experiments first, and then leaving the closest thing to a mother he'll ever know heartbroken and alone in the dark. Sun Flare Now Roams the world free, living a life as a solitary vagabond.

Sun Flare cares not for humans or monsters, just for his own survival. However, should anyone try to take him down... The last thing he'll do is run away. While He despises humans more than he does other monsters, he would rather not get involved with the strife between the two so long as he can avoid it.

Extra (optional):

Not that it matters, but Lauren is still alive. and wants to see to it that Sun Flare is back within her facilities before too many people see him. (and before hunters try to kill him)

Last edited:
Wow, I really like this character! His backstory is very in-depth, and I like that you gave the scientist a motivation for the creation of these monsters.

art-beautiful-beautiful-girl-big-eyes-favim-com-4330150.jpeg

Name: Hazel Anika Farrow

Sexuality: Straight

Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person: Monster

Physical Description or Picture: Hazel is 5' 6" with green eyes and long brown hair that she often keeps braided or otherwise tied back away from her face. While she keeps them most of the time under jackets and coats, she also has wings with coloring and patterns similar to the harpy eagle.
Harpy-Eagle-Wingspan.jpg

She weighs about 130 lbs thanks to her wings.

How they feel about Monsters: Hazel doesn't think it's very fair for monsters to be called...well...monsters. After all, they're all human in some way, right? She embraces what she is and tries to encourage others to do the same, with mixed results.

Skills/Powers: Hazel has enhanced senses, eyesight being the primary one, and hearing being the secondary. She can also fly. Because....wings. Her flight is more focused on agility and speed than it is strength, and she can maneuver in tight spaces at speeds that look to be almost impossible.

On the ground, she has quick reflexes and good combat instincts, as well as enhanced strenth. Her grip especially is extraordinary, as is her aim. She is especially proficient with long-range weapons such as rifles.

Personality: Hazel is fun, at least to those she trusts. She enjoys the outdoors and hates being forced to hide what she is for fear of being killed. To strangers, she puts on a mask of cool indifference and even suspicion, carrying herself in a closed off way that is only accented by the fact that she wears a jacket everywhere she goes in public.

Interests: Revolution, justice, equality, pizza, freedom

Mannerisms/Quirks: Thanks to her birdlike appendages, Hazel is often seen fidgeting with her shoulders and her jacket. She tends to cock her head when she's confused, and when frightened she tenses and raises her shoulders and neck high, as if trying to make herself seem bigger.

History (for Monsters, include transformation): Hazel was born normal, to a normal suburban family, at the end of a perfectly normal cul-de-sac. Her parents loved her, and she loved them back, and for a while everything was perfect.

Then things started changing. An experimental chemical plant was started a few blocks from her house when she was eleven, and when she was thirteen, there was an explosion. It was 2PM on a Tuesday in September, and she should have been at school. But instead, she was sick at home with the flu, and the toxic chemical fumes blew through her open window.

Two weeks later, she found the first feather.

It started slow at first. One day, she'd have buggy eyesight, the next, she'd be able to smell what the neighbor was cooking for dinner. All the while, feathers were spreading up her spine and outward, eventually forming into fully fledged wings.

She never told her parents and, at fourteen, she ran away from home. It was obvious by then what happened to monsters, and her father worked for the Hunters, supplying them with weapons and inventing new ways to catch the 'ungodly freaks', as he dubbed them. If he knew, she'd just end up as his newest lab rat, daughter or not.

At fifteen, after a year of living on the streets, she found a group of other monster-people, not much more than children, who were going to change the world. And with them, she started her revolution. Now, at seventeen, she is the leader of one of the biggest revolutionary vigilante groups, hoping that through illegal heroism, they can convince the Hunters that maybe not all monsters are evil. They call themselves 'Phoenix'.

Extra (optional): N/A

A thought just Occurred... If Hazel's father thinks the typical monster is an "ungodly freak", what would his first response to Sun Flare be? He must seem like an abomination or something (and to be fair he kind of is)

Reactions: WickedWitch
A thought just Occurred... If Hazel's father thinks the typical monster is an "ungodly freak", what would his first response to Sun Flare be? He must seem like an abomination or something (and to be fair he kind of is)
His immediate response would probably be somewhere along the lines of "kill it with fire!".

• Haha
Reactions: TyranntX
His immediate response would probably be somewhere along the lines of "kill it with fire!".
And then Flare would kill him with HIS fire...You know that sounds like a good arc, Phoenix (plus SF?) VS The Hunters (VS SF?)

And then Flare would kill him with HIS fire...You know that sounds like a good arc, Phoenix (plus SF?) VS The Hunters (VS SF?)
Hell yeah :D

Reactions: TyranntX
Speaking of the hunters, where are the other two who were interested? I know the were more of us than this

Speaking of the hunters, where are the other two who were interested? I know the were more of us than this

Oh, don't worry, I've got something cooking in the oven for you monster freaks, just you wait.

But no, really, I should have my laptop out of the shop by tomorrow. I'll have my sheet up before the end of the day.

• Love
Reactions: noodle and TyranntX
Oh, don't worry, I've got something cooking in the oven for you monster freaks, just you wait.

But no, really, I should have my laptop out of the shop by tomorrow. I'll have my sheet up before the end of the day.
Looking forward in meeting my punching bag :)

Seriously though, I had an idea for a hunter. But I decided to do a monster instead because it's not often I get the chance to play as the prey of a hunt. (Or maybe in my case I'm still the Predator XD).

Although... There is no rule set that dictates how MANY characters we can have... What are your thoughts @LemonLime ?

Reactions: marcy

how dare u

But also yay! Conflict!

Excellent gif use, and I'm glad you all seem to be having fun thus far!

Excellent gif use, and I'm glad you all seem to be having fun thus far!

So, about my question. IS it alright for us to have multiple characters? you didn't exactly say we couldn't

Oh yes! Sorry, I really should have specified. For now, try to keep it under 4 characters.

Oohh I had an idea for a hunter so I'll be playing 2 characters now. Does this make me a double agent?