Monsters and Monster Hunters OOC and Sign Up!

L

LemonLime

Original poster
Monsters were once human. They were once completely normal people. Now. . . they are something much different. At some point during their lives, they underwent a transformation. There are many different ways a transformation can happen, such as an accident, experimentation, a project gone awry, a ritual of some sort, whatever you can think of, I'm really excited to see people's creativity.
When Monsters were discovered, people were terrified. They had no idea what to make of these creatures. They assumed Monsters were dangerous. Indeed, some were. Some, but not all.
As a result, a new job opened up. Monster Hunters. At first, Monster Hunters were only meant to neutralize Monsters that were threats. The definition of threat soon started to bend as the station became more and more corrupt. Now, all Monsters live in fear of Hunters, whether or not they've done anything wrong.

Characters-
Your character can be Monsters, Monster Hunters, or just a plain old humans. Some notes on each character type.
Monsters- how monstrous your monster looks is entirely up to you. Maybe they're human-passing most of the time, or maybe they're so terrifying they don't even want to look at themselves. Be creative with it! Another thing to think about is how being shunned from society has affected them. Are they bitter, scared, sad, what? How have they been affected by this different treatment?
Monster Hunters- just because their station is corrupt doesn't mean your character has to be. They can believe they are in the right, they can believe what they're doing is necessary. Or they can be corrupt, giving the station a dark reputation in the eyes of Monsters. This is a story about your character and how they grow. Maybe they'll see not all Monsters are evil, or on the flip side, grow more and more extreme in their hatred.
Plain Old Human- As in real life, there are all kinds of people, with all kinds of opinions. Do they like Monsters and think they deserve better? Do they go so far as to harbor them like fugatives? Are they just scared, not understanding? Are they hateful and cruel, contributing to the way society treats monsters? Up to you! Plain old people are welcome to become Monster Hunters, and Monster Hunters are welcome to quit being Monster Hunters and become Plain old people.
For Monsters and Plain Old People, your character can be any age that you want. For Monster Hunters, the minimum age is sixteen.

Character Sheet-
Name:
Sexuality(optional):
Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person (choose one):
Physical Description or Picture:
How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well):
Skills/Powers (for monsters, these can be semi-supernatural abilities, for everyone else, just normal skills please):
Weakness(es)(Mainly for Monsters, to ensure they don't get too overpowered and become undefeatable):
Personality:
Interests:
Mannerisms/Quirks:
History (for Monsters, include transformation):
Extra (optional):

Once your character has been accepted (either directly or by means of a rating), please put them on the Character Index.

Rules-
1- Please keep it as PG-13 as possible! Romantic relationships and scenes are allowed just. . . try to be fairly chill with it. Swearing is fine.
2- Try to post at least two or three times a week (more if you can, but I understand a lot of people are busy). At least one decent sized paragraph per post more is welcome.
3- be considerate of your fellow writers, and ask them before doing certain things, such as killing their character, etc. I've had one too many roleplays ruined by trigger-happy trolls.
4- Have fun with it and be creative!

With that, I leave you to it! Once I've accepted a few characters we can begin the roleplay proper!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope I didn't screw up the pace for everyone >_< was just so caught up with moving into a new apartment and working open til close

How is everyone? After this weekend I will be active as usual and can post daily for sure

Hope I didn't screw up the pace for everyone >_< was just so caught up with moving into a new apartment and working open til close

How is everyone? After this weekend I will be active as usual and can post daily for sure
Hey, dude, it's cool. I've been busy too so I won't be able to post for another couple of days anyway. Remodeling sure is hectic. I've barely been able to sleep.....but hey, my room is actually "my room" now, and it no longer looks like my two year old self's room.

But other than the constant grind, I've been pretty decent. You?

• Love
Reactions: marcy

Hey, dude, it's cool. I've been busy too so I won't be able to post for another couple of days anyway. Remodeling sure is hectic. I've barely been able to sleep.....but hey, my room is actually "my room" now, and it no longer looks like my two year old self's room.

But other than the constant grind, I've been pretty decent. You?

Pretty good :D

• Sweet
Reactions: noodle
Ok just want to be able to jump in soon

Reactions: Takashi
@LemonLime how's it going with the storm and all?

@neobendium how's that remodel going?

@everyone else how's life in general treatin' ya?
Remodeling is taking longer than expected but generally moving along as smoothly as one can move it when there is only a mother and five children....two of which are under six years of age....working on advanced shelf making. For my own sanity, I'll probably wait for the Acadia interaction to get responded to before I try to post...I'm behind on quite a few other roleplay things.

hello ehehe is it too late to join in?

Name:
fake name: Etheran (will serve an important purpose)

Sexuality(optional):
Dayarajan is unsure about his Sexuality because of his reason of having a mate. like the elder in his kin he is unsure whether his soulmate will be a boy or a girl

Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person (choose one):
Monster

Physical Description or Picture:
come_see_what_s_underneath_by_kawacy-d991n1e.jpg

he is 8.6 tall
his weight is 275 lb​

How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well):
Dayarajan know very well that monster's act within their nature so he avoid some of them but with great reason's because once they attack their is no going back. after all not all monsters fight as one, every monster get into a fight to survive

Skills/Powers (for monsters, these can be semi-supernatural abilities, for everyone else, just normal skills please):
*Dayarajan enjoy pranks using creative resources from the woods. he enjoys it fondly specially with monsters and humans
*Dayarajan knows the laws of nature and he tend to use that advantage towards his opponents and also by blending into the shadows of either the human shadow or etc.
* Drinking blood and eating flesh of monster or human
*Dayarajan's blood is the color of light, it can be used towards healing wounds and sickness
*Dayarajan can teleport to his master/mistress when they are in danger or if they called him by his name he will be summoned
*Dayarajan fighting skill's are just like an assassin but he tends to act more like an animal
* when you call Dayarajan's name without you being his Master he will spawn behind you and slit your throat
* his nose is very sensitive like a wolf or a dog

Special:
* he hates masters, to be able to get Dyarajan he is hiding an ancient relic that was bonded with him when he was created. if you manage to get it from him he will serve you for eternity, by that means he wont be able to hurt you, kill you or trick you. he will also follow all your orders and he wouldn't even whine about it so feel free to make him like a slave who cook's you breakfast . but be careful once the relic you poses has been stolen he will no longer be in your service and he might even tend to kill you if he grow to despise you (here is the image of the relic)
latest
Weakness(es)(Mainly for Monsters, to ensure they don't get too overpowered and become undefeatable):

*Dayarajan's main weakness would be his mate but since he haven't even found her it wouldn't be a problem... for now
*Dayarajan is afraid of water and thunder
* honey!!!
*Dayarajan loves sweet, toys, fruits and mostly just like a kid he would be more focus on it than fighting
* when dayarajan is blending in a shadow of a human or other shadows you can put a light on it and there he will be trap until there will be another shadow will form in the human or stuff that he can get out with

Personality:
Dayarajan has a child personality inside of him. he act curiouly and touch things that are new to him and chase stuff that he likes. he is afraid of being alone thays why he stick his back to the tress because it made him feel as is someone is there with him. he also gets easily hungry so he hunts humans,monster and animal to eat

Interests:
he loves honey. its his greatest weakness and he hate and love it at the same time. he would be vulnerable when he saw a honey and make it clear he would be your friend for one day when you give him some

Mannerisms/Quirks:
he say to his master "im a slave upon the relic you behold and forever i shall serve you till the day you die..."
*Dayarajan act like a child
*he is very curious at everything thats new that he see's
*if he likes you he gives you a warm smile with a middle finger
*if he is mad at you or hate you he sticks his tongue out
*Dayarajan bit his lips and lick it if he feels nervous
*dayarajan rubbs his nose if he is lying
* he also love listening to music and singing

History (for Monsters, include transformation):
Dayarajan never wished to be a monster in the first place but the humans around them wanted to. they wanted to create a monster to protect them from vicious monsters that attact their land and to protect their children

so they created a lab with great doctors and scientis worked together to create
such a monster by using dead parts of the creatures they bought to the hunters and last but not the least a human

but everything has to make sacrifices so they sacrifice their children including Dayarajan. Dayarajan was only 5 years old back then.

they got into a room when suddenly they were trap into a cage as every children panicken and Dayarajan tried to escape but they put them into a sleep and when Dayarajan woke up he was shock to see his body change as he quiver and look around the other kids that was with him. some were in pain as their body transforn and some kids die because the operation was too much for them

a scientis walk over to dayarajan when he notice that he was awake and he told him to hide it from everyone and tell them its purpose. it took Dayarajan long to understand before he take it not because he wanted to. but because he needed to. he hide it on his pockets.

as time come by they were tortured and the scirntic test their strenght ans if they fail to excepcute they try to drown them or shock them so they will follow their orders

Dayaran had enough and he plan a mission to escape. Escape while its not to late. Escape from this scary room

so as the moon set into the sky he made his plans and tell the other childly monsters like him to join as they agree. so once the guardd were asleep they silently blend into the shadows to freedome until one child slip into an alarm and everything turned wicked everyone woke up and they all started sprinting for freedome

the weather isnt even good back them because there were storm and heavy rain. a child with a yellow hair seemed to be so scared that her fear take over her power and a thunder struck to the ground and almost hitting Dayarajan. they all got into the forest and got seperated there but the guards never gave up to follow them.

Dayarajan heard gunshot and screams coming from the guards as a guard ran infront of him as he gasp and je strucked his claw on the guardd neck as blood splatter infront of him

at first he was scared but them he realized that he dint mind it at all he thinks that was right. he thinks it was right for those humans to die. they dont deserve to live they deserve to die like how they never give mercy to kids like them

Dayarajan stop by the mountain and look down to see heavy flow of water. he turn around to see the guardd coming towardd them as he take a step back but suddenly he slip and he accidentaly fell down to the water

the bad news is that he cannot swim so he ended up drowning to the water as he scream out for help when a claw suddenly pulled him up as he cried but shouted in fear when it was a monster yet the monster dint attack him it simply pet him and thats were Dayarajan realized they were so close to look alike except from the monsterious grin and eyes. the monster take him in their clan and treat him like them until Dayarajan can step on his own to the forest

Extra (optional):

(also anyone interested to take him to serve you pm me)

@LemonLime

Last edited:
Reactions: Rads
Ok I finally did it.
b8b453f810c2d291ddc5f66e2ee9baeb.jpg

Name: Eli Engar

Sexuality(optional): N/A (he's a kid, this isn't gonna matter)

Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person (choose one): Monster

Physical Description or Picture: Eli stands at about 4' 9", around average for his age, with a rather skinny build from living on the streets long enough. He is entirely human, save for the iris of his eyes, which is a pale red. It often goes unnoticed at first glance and stands as the only indicator of his vampiric heritage, besides the fact that he doesn't necessarily like bright lights, but that has never really given it away before.

How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well): Eli's thoughts are really simple in this matter. If you're nice, he likes you. If you're not, he doesn't really. He doesn't care what you are as long as you're a decent person.

▪Eli was born with an incredibly rare power. A very powerful imagination, which eventually grew to the point that it could leak into reality. And soon enough, Eli was able to force things from his imagination into the real world at will. However, with it being such a potentially powerful ability -along with the fact that Eli is a child and hasn't gotten close to perfecting this power- it has many shortcomings, which will be discussed in the weaknesses section.

Weakness(es): First, one simple rule of thumb: the more complex or powerful it is, the more time and concentration it takes to create it. And the amount of concentration directly relates to exactly how long it will take. More concentration, less time. Less concentration, more time.

Second, creations can only last around 30 seconds on average, with exceptions. In order to make something last longer, Eli must focus constantly to make it stay in a physical form. For creations manifested from concepts(for example, the "protector" he wished for in his backstory), he just has to focus on that thought. However, if his mind is occupied or he simply isn't focusing directly on a creation, then after its time limit it will disappear.

Third, and this is one of those that I don't know what to really call it, so I'll just explain in examples.
▪Say he creates a "bulletproof wall". Well, now it's really difficult for bullets to get through, but now it could be taken down by a few swings from a sword or punching/kicking. And vice versa.
▪Now say he creates an "un-pearceable shield". Okay, so it's difficult to pierce, but now blunt weapons or concussive attacks can just crack it. And vice versa.

And lastly, he often gets headaches from keeping his creations in the real world since every aspect of his powers requires concentration. He also has a bit of trouble with bright lights and can be blinded easily, in which case he will likely panic and lose concentration, causing whatever he's keeping in form at the moment to disappear.

Personality: Eli is usually pretty upbeat and hard to bring down. He enjoys odd jobs, a little something to bring in money and keep him busy. In his free time he likes to read comics and books, exercising his imagination as he does so.

Interests: helping out, meeting new people(depending on the people), honing his powers, eventually finding his siblings again, actively avoiding his aunt

Mannerisms/Quirks: Sometimes if you get him really interested in something, he'll accidentally let his imagination loose. It can be fun, but other times not. Don't let him watch a horror movie, trust me on this. Monster movies may not be the best idea either. Really, just be careful because his imagination can get out of hand pretty quickly. He also absolutely refuses to eat watermelon, for certain reasons involving a story your parents probably used to tell you. No, he has not grown out of that one.

History (for Monsters, include transformation): Eli's family life, for the first few years anyway, was in many ways ideal. He had two loving parents and two siblings. But, due to circumstances beyond Eli's knowledge (nobody ever answered when he asked about it), they were simply too poor to support three children.

And so their parents, nothing but good intentions in their minds, turned their children over to their aunt in hopes of providing them a better life. A choice which everyone payed for in the end. It began with the parents, who were simply slain by the corrupt old hag; yet another detail that was so kindly hidden from Eli, at least for a while.

It was around this time that Eli's powers began to manifest, assortments of toys and fantastically nonsensical phenomena simply appearing at a whim. And, though much to their burden, Rex and Ari were always having to hide and cover up these happenings. Luckily though, they weren't able to stay in form for more than a few seconds. These were the more carefree years of the siblings' lives, but all good things must come to an end.

And they did. Soon enough their life was thrown into a sudden and carefully calculated turmoil. His siblings would show him their bruises, pleading with Eli for him to run away. But he couldn't believe it, after all he'd never experienced it. And besides, she's their aunt, she wouldn't do that. Right?

Wrong. Eli was eventually chosen as the subject of this purposeful scarring. Everything his siblings had warned him about, suddenly flooding back to him in a sort of sensory overload, and he screamed. He screamed until he felt like he'd pass out from lack of oxygen, only one thought on his mind. 'Help, someone protect me.' And then his prayers were answered, a nine-foot-tall paladin appearing from the confines of his mind, set free by his plea. It had no sword, only a shield and a free arm with which to pick the child up and carry far away from that place. It was his longest lasting creation to date, running for a full twenty minutes into the heart of Latro City, where it left him.

------------

Eli has been living in Latro ever since, building a reputation as 'that one kid who's always around but nobody actually knows where he came from'. He enjoys helping local shop owners out with whatever they need and being an almost official errand boy. Whenever someone asks about his family, he always just smiles and tells them they're alright, hoping it's true. He has no official residence and doesn't like the type of people he usually sees in the slums, so he currently lives in the storage room of a local convenience store, the owner of which he's befriended.

Extra (optional): Nothing yet, might add later.​

Reactions: Rads
@LemonLime what do you think? ehehehehe ^^^ ehehehehe X3

Got to work out how to get rex in there any ideas people

Nothing that I can think of

@Rads
I mean you could just throw Rex into basically any situation you wanted, depending on who you're planning on interacting with right off the bat, if anyone.

Reactions: Jack
@Rads
I mean you could just throw Rex into basically any situation you wanted, depending on who you're planning on interacting with right off the bat, if anyone.
True but i've forgotten whos where

I can't find the rp thread i know pretty lame.

Hey you guys! Sorry I've been a bit inactive recently, school is absolutely kicking my ass. The smell of mutiny is certainly very strong, not that I can blame anyone. I read all the new character sheets and they're accepted!

I intend to have a lore page up as soon as I can, but if something in the lore/history page contradicts something you've written, just message me and I'll adapt the lore to it. The least I can do is to adapt to what you all have written.