Annabeth Fawn

He loved her?
Betsey became paralyzed. She was incapable of moving yet alone breathing. But her heart remained pounding, though it was fast, loud and hard against her rib cage to the point that it was painful. There was nothing she could think to say, it was a tad unbelievable in her mind, so she didn't say anything at all and instead simply listened to what he had to say.
When Betsey began to feel faint, she remembered to breathe, sharply inhaling and closing her eyes. Upon exhaling, her stiffened posture softened at his last words. There were times when they were together that Annabeth couldn't believe that Joss wanted to be with her. She wasn't as beautiful as the many girls he had hooked up with or his exes that she had only briefly seen or even Sarah who she had just met. And her personality wasn't the best. Betsey knew better than to believe anything her mother said about her, some of it had to be true. She was emotional, clingy, needy, greedy and so easily made jealous.
A lot of times, Betsey felt that she was a person who was impossible to love when lacking so much of it as she grew up. Or was too insufficient to deserve the love that she was given, including the affections of her friendships. But Annabeth was greedy, wasn't she? Because she didn't care whether or not she had the right, she wanted it and she loved Joss. And he loved her.
"And you won't lose me." Betsey promised promptly as she finally wrapped her arms around his neck and nestled her head against him. "I won't say I'm not mad, because I am." If it was up to her, she would have preferred to keep the girl he was with that night a complete mystery to herself. But if Annabeth ever got what she wanted he would have never been with her in the first place yet alone knock her up.
"But I love you too," when had she fallen for Jasper Carmicheal? Betsey wasn't absolutely sure. Maybe it was when they first bumped into one another or when he defended her or Halloween night or Christmas, she didn't know but she was certain that she loved him. "And you becoming a father isn't going to change my feelings. I'll support you as much as I can."

JASPER CARMICHAEL

Joss didn’t deserve Betsey and he never would. He burst into tears again when she said that she loved him. He didn’t miss it when she mentioned that she was mad — he understood that completely and he would never seek to invalidate her feelings.​

But it meant the absolute world to him to know that she would stand beside him through this whole ordeal. That she would support him and stick by him as he was thrust into fatherhood.​

Joss clutched her to his chest and buried his face in her neck. He knew he had to go and speak to Sarah — he had seen how miserable she had been and he didn’t want to extend that.​

But for now, all he wanted to do was just hold her until the happiness seeped back into the both of them.​

Annabeth Fawn

"Wow, there is a lot." Annabeth mumbled to herself softly as she looked through the aisle full of baby items. It did not end where they stood, the aisle beside them held other needs for a child and mother, but this one would do for them. They only needed something simple, and this aisle had just about everything in her eyes.
Sarah had looked completely downhearted when she had told him the news the other day. Betsey reckoned buying a baby gift along with the telling her Joss was in to be a father would both reassure and cheer her up. Having a child at their age or any age was a scary thing but ... Betsey picked up a infant bodysuit reading "Worth the Wait" and awed. "How could anything this small be scary?"
Looking around, she understood why her father had wanted more children so badly. Betsey herself wished she had siblings of her own, but considering the mother she had, it was for the best they never came around. Still, she wished.
"Joss look at -" Betsey stopped herself short upon reminding herself she was supposed to be upset with him. It was hard to stay that way when they were surrounded by adorable products meant to be for the world's most adorable little human beings. It was especially hard to stay mad when he had told her he loved her. All Betsey could do was act indignant, which mainly consisted of not smiling at him and crossed arms.
She cleared her throat, tucked back strands of blonde hair behind her ear and asked as she folded her arms over her chest. "Did you find anything that tickles your fancy?"

Last edited:
JASPER CARMICHAEL

Joss had never been shopping for baby things before, much less a baby of his own. He simply just did not know how he could possibly choose from all the items that had been laid out before them. How on earth did he know how to pick the right one?​
He had gathered that Betsey was still mad at him — she had every right to be and he wasn’t about to rush her anger at all. Really, he was just happy that she seemed to be calm enough to come with him during this process of baby shopping, because if he had have been alone he probably would have tried to buy (or shoplift) the whole goddamn store.​
“I have no idea what I’m even meant to be looking at,” Joss confessed. He was currently staring at a selection of onesies with a look that screamed that he was completely overwhelmed.​
It had been a few days since Sarah had broken the news to them. Joss had taken those three days to wrap his head around the fact that he was going to be a father and also to try to figure out the logistics of such an operation. He still loved Betsey, and he wanted to be with her, so he would have to make the balance between his girlfriend, his child, the mother of his baby and the rest of his life work.​
Money was also an issue, but it was one that was actually somewhat easily taken care of. Since he wasn’t going to be around the baby or Sarah 24/7, he didn’t have a problem just increasing the drug deals he made in order to make a bit of extra cash. It paid well, and no one would have to be the wiser.​
And then there was of course the issue of his father. He didn’t want to tell Beck. No, he had made up his mind that he wouldn’t tell Beck, nor would he tell the older Carmichael about Betsey or about anything else good in his life because he just had a habit of ruining things. Perhaps it was hereditary.​
“I don’t want something gendered, because the idea that blue is for boys and pink is for girls is stupid anyway,” Joss said. “But I don’t want something generic, you know? I want it to be personal, to me. Because I could go and just get a teddy bear for some random friend’s kid and it would be fine but this is my child, so it needs to reflect me.”

Annabeth Fawn
Taking a deep breath Betsey paused and glanced around at the shelves racked with infant clothing, toys and other necessities. He wanted something that reflected him? What reflected Jasper Carmichael? Betsey bit into the corner of her bottom and stepped toward him to take his hand in her own and pat it with her other one. "Then we'll find something that does. But you should know that you just being there for it, will make that child in general reflect you." She wasn't sure if her message came across clearly, Annabeth wasn't good with words and compared to Joss she was horrible with them. But she meant what she said.
"So, for starters, you need to relax." Which was rich coming from her, but in this situation she was the more calm one. And it was only natural, Betsey wasn't the one pregnant or becoming a parent. She was almost a complete outsider in this whole thing and that made it easier to stay level-headed. "Stop thinking so far into the future," she knew he was, it was so obvious and Betsey had enough experience of overthinking to know.
"You have a while until that baby is actually here. Focus on the here and now, just take everything a step at a time." Betsey squeezed his hand softly to comfort him. There was a couple of more things she wanted to say. Such asking if he told his father yet, it bothered Betsey he never brought up the man with her and to not worry about her or the time he would have to give to her. It was naive to think this all wouldn't effect their relationship, but she tried not to think about it and she hoped he was doing the same.
"We have plenty of time to look around. Hell, we can go to every store in this town or outside of it if you want." She smiled teasingly. "So, again, relax. I'm right here if you need me."

JASPER CARMICHAEL

Joss took a deep breath and nodded, trying to calm himself down so he didn't freak out. He was overwhelmed, definitely, and he was scared for the future. But Betsey was right. All he needed to worry about for the moment was what was going on in the present. And at the moment, what he needed to focus on was what gift he was going to get for Sarah and his future child.​
He held onto Betsey's hand as he scanned the aisle of baby things one more time. He wasn't sure why, but now that he was calmer and he wasn't worried about all the thousands of other things that being a parent meant, he seemed to find the perfect gift when he looked again. Still holding onto Betsey's hand, he took a couple of steps forward, and with his free hand he picked up a soft plush toy.​
It was a teddy bear, and it was holding a plush acoustic guitar. It had on cool sunglasses and it was wearing a T-shirt that said, "The news you were coming was music to my ears". It was a corny joke, and it was also sort of a lie because when Joss had originally heard the news, he had been panicked. But it was true that as he had had time to adjust to the news of his impending fatherhood, he had become more accustomed to the idea, and he was already excited to meet his child and find out what kind of person they were growing up to be.​
"I think I'll get this," he murmured. "And should I maybe get Sarah something too? Like, flowers or chocolates or something? What do you get a pregnant woman?"

Annabeth Fawn
Now that they were really at Sarah's house, Betsey was feeling more nervous than she had earlier for reasons she could identify as her anxiety. It had dawned her when they walked up to the house that she didn't even know Sarah Greenvale all that well. What type of person was she? Was she one of the people at school who thought Betsey as an abrasive bitch or quiet weirdo? Better yet, did she even like chocolates or flowers? Because they had ended up buying both.
Betsey subtly breathed in the cool air as she knocked on the door, doing her very best to appear stoic for Joss's sake. Though, she began to wonder if she should even be here. She couldn't answer her own messy questions in her own messy mind because not a moment too soon Sarah answered the door. Being under the gaze of her green eyes, Betsey picked at her fingers and greeted her with, "Hi," and then stepped back to stand behind Joss.
"Hi," Sarah returned the greeting. She looked a little better than she had when she had first met them, but every bit still terrified and obviously nervous. "Come in and have a seat. My parents aren't home at the moment ... feel free to make yourselves at home speak freely." Or in other words honestly.
"Joss, got you something." Betsey started, hating the idea of falling into an awkward and horrid silence. As soon as she said it though, she wanted to sink into the couch she sat on. Instead, she hand her the gift bag carrying the bear first. "I - I - I mean he um g - got you a couple of somethings." She said referring to the chocolates and flowers. "But this one is for the baby."
Sarah looked surprised, looking to Joss before taking the bag and digging out the guitar bear. There was a moment of silence as she read it and smile cracked on her lips. "What does this mean?" She asked Joss with a nervous but hopeful quiver in her voice.

JASPER CARMICHAEL
Joss ended up picking out a box of rich milk chocolates and a bouquet of gorgeous pink roses for Sarah, because even if she was quite literally pregnant with his child in that moment, he honestly didn't know all that much about her. And that was scary. He didn't know what she liked, what kind of music she listened to, what she liked to do or read or eat or talk about or anything -- but yet he still knew all the curves of her body, all her most private parts.​
He knew the most intimate parts of her body without knowing any of the intimate parts of her soul. It had never bothered Joss when he had this kind of relationship before. But now that he had gotten Sarah pregnant ... he realised how wrong it could truly be.​
They arrived, and Joss felt like he was going to panic. She let them in -- she was not even two months pregnant yet but Joss for some reason expected her to have a baby bump already. He held Betsey's hand the entire time as they walked in, and soon, it was time for him to answer the big question. The gifts, the chocolate, the flowers -- what did it all mean?​
He handed her the chocolates and flowers first, then he looked down at Betsey, and back to Sarah with a sincere look in his eyes. "It ... it means I'm in."
He said it with conviction, and anyone with half a brain would know that he absolutely meant it. "I ... I've been through a lot of shit," he said. "My mother and my sister are dead, and my father and I are dead inside. I don't know how to be a parent, I don't know how to pull myself together and be a functional human being for a child that's half mine. But I want to, Sarah, I promise."
Joss squeezed Betsey's hand, and let his gaze flicker down to Sarah's stomach. There was no bump, but he knew what was resting there. "Because this is my opportunity take responsibility for my actions and to be everything that my father wasn't, and to make my mother proud, wherever she is. So, I'm in. I want to help you raise the -- no, our child. I want to help raise our child, as much as I can."

Annabeth Fawn

When Joss affirmed that he was in, in to be a part of their child's life, Sarah's eyes began to water. She had opened her mouth, most likely to ask again just to be certain but he continued on. And by the time he was done there were tears trickling down her cheeks and dropping from her chin. It looked as if an invisible weight had been lifted from her shoulders.
Sarah subconsciously placed a hand against her belly where it barely stuck out. "That's ... that's more than enough, you being here when you don't have to."
Annabeth had remained quiet and still, hoping to maybe not be noticed, feeling that the moment was too intimate for her to be a part. But when Sarah began to cry she couldn't help but reach over to pluck a tissue from the box on the table and hand it to her. No, she didn't know her very well but it made her increasingly sympathetic to see her crying.
After all, she had to be just as scared as Joss, or more so.
"I don't know how to be a parent either, so we can figure this out along the way."

JASPER CARMICHAEL

Joss didn't like to see Sarah cry -- he didn't really like seeing anyone be upset at all. But he knew that they were not tears of sadness, and that stopped him from crying too. They were tears product from a myriad of overwhelming emotions, and Joss would never begrudge her those tears at all.​
He greatly appreciated Betsey giving Sarah a tissue. He wouldn't have been surprised if she had broken it off with him and left him with his problems at all. What she was going through was ridiculous, but she was standing by his side regardless. And Joss was forever grateful for that.​
"I'm with you, till the end," he said to Sarah. "It'd be really shitty of me if I just left you alone with this."
He reached up to rub his tired eyes, squeezing Betsey's hand with his other one. "I ... I think I'll have to meet your parents, too. Is your dad going to murder me?"

Annabeth Fawn

"No. Both of my parents were initially upset when they heard the news," Sarah answered, only pausing to use the tissue she had been handed to dry her face wet with tears. "I'm sure they'll have a much better opinion of you now that you're officially in."

"Oh, well, that's a relief." Betsey breathed, not quite sure when exactly she had held her breath. Maybe Joss did deserve to be chewed out by her parents, but that didn't mean she wanted him too. As strange as it was a situation for Betsey, she was proud and happy that Joss was taking responsibility and even wanted to be a part his child's life.

Betsey knew how it felt to be an unwanted child. It was rough and she'd wish it on no one.

"We kind of do need him alive for in order for all this to work," She added with a small and nervous smile. She maneuvered her hand in his so that their fingers intertwined and returned the squeeze softly.

"I'm so sorry." Sarah tearfully said to an unsuspecting Betsey.

"Oh, d - don't apologize," Betsey quickly responded, shaking her head. If Sarah cried again Betsey wasn't sure that she wouldn't either, she was too soft-hearted. "It's not your fault, I'm not mad at you. I was mad at him." Was. "I'll help too, if you ever need me. And yes, I know, I don't have to." Betsey rubbed Joss's arm with her free hand.

"If you can come, we've already scheduled my first appointment." Sarah announced. "It'll also be the first ultrasound."

JASPER CARMICHAEL

Joss didn't like Sarah thinking she felt the need to apologise. She had done nothing wrong here, and neither had Betsey. Neither, really, had Joss. The three of them had just found themselves in an incredibly messy and stressful situation and the only thing they could do was work together to power through the adversity they were all facing.​
"An ultrasound?" Joss hadn't been expecting anything so serious to crop up so soon. He diverted his eyes down to her stomach for a moment, where his baby was gestating. He had never paid attention in health class so he wondered what he or she looked like now. What they would be able to see on the screen when they went and had the scan done.​
"I'd love to come," Joss said. If it had anything to do with the baby then he wanted to be there, involved as much as possible through every step of the way. It was quintessential to the cohesion of this operation. And it was Joss's opportunity to redeem himself for all the problems he had caused through his own stupidity.​

Annabeth Fawn

Weeks had passed and Sarah's appointment had finally rolled in. The occasion was as excitable as it was frightening, especially considering that both Mr and Mrs Greenvale were there. And the former was staring -- actually, he was closer to glaring -- at Joss during most of the time in waiting room of the doctor's office. Betsey had received a curious glance or so, but nothing close to the look he was giving Joss.
Betsey had passed the time by looking through the magazines that were left out for the patients. At first, she read only to distract herself from the awkwardness, but quickly became engrossed in it when she discovered to be baby magazine. Which was to be expected as it was a OB/GYN office. The information in it was useful, she found.
Still, it was a relief when Sarah's name was called and they all shuffled into the room. Sarah laid on the examination table and Betsey stood, allowing for Joss and the Greenvale's to take the seats which were close to Sarah.
"I see the whole family is here." The nurse commented jovially with a smile. "The doctor will be in here soon." She promised them before leaving them alone.
Again, they were left alone in quiet. Betsey leaned against the wall with her hands behind her back and watched Sarah. Her belly was definitely larger than it had been weeks ago, though, not many would notice unless they knew she was in fact pregnant.
"So, Joss," Mr Greenvale began, deciding to strike up conversation and gathering the attention of both Sarah and Betsey as well. "What are your plans for the future? You know, now that you've gotten my daughter pregnant and all."
"Dad." Sarah hissed.
Betsey looked the other way.
"What? I genuinely want to know."

JASPER CARMICHAEL
Joss, to put it bluntly, was really fucking nervous. Not only was he freaking out because he was about to see what his baby looked like for the first time, but he was also nervous because Sarah's parents were there. He was used to disapproving looks from fathers -- he absolutely was not the kind of boy one would take home to meet their parents -- but this was entirely different. Because Mr Greenvale didn't have to worry about Joss fucking up Sarah's life.​
He already had.​
The man waited until they were in the ultrasound room to begin interrogating Joss, but that didn't mean Joss was any more calm. He gave Mr Greenvale an obviously alarmed look, before glancing first at Betsey, and then at Sarah.​
"I, uh, well, to be perfectly honest I don't really have any solid plans at the moment," Joss said truthfully. But he quickly added, "But I've been applying for jobs recently, so I'm just waiting to hear back from them." Who would hire him? Joss had no idea. But that wasn't the problem at hand.​
"That's a good start!" Sarah's mother, Trudy, said happily. She was a short, curvy woman with a sensible bob and a bright and happy demeanour. She had seemed upset that her daughter was pregnant at first, but she had been delighted to meet Joss and Betsey and to learn that the father of her future grandchild was going to be involved.​
She turned to her husband. "Sweetheart, perhaps you know someone at work who could take Joss in as an apprentice? Or maybe one of your co-workers knows someone in another job with an opening? We should try to help as much as we can."

Annabeth Fawn

Mr Greenvale made a noise akin to a grunt, frowning slightly but not rejecting his wife's idea either. "I'll see about it." That was the most positive answer he could give. By the way he said it, he meant it, if not still grumpy about in contrast to his wife. Because he obviously agreed that they needed to lend a hand even if he didn't like Joss. And it was obvious that he didn't.
"I can help you get a job but that's about it. The rest is up to you." The older man folded his arms over his chest. "What are your skills? If I'm going to refer you to anyone, I should at least know what you can do and your finest qualities."
Betsey peered at Mr Greenvale, known to his friends as Robert, through blonde wavy hair strands. She picked at her nails for a second before deciding to speak up. "He's sincere ..." She wanted to look at her untied tennis shoes but looked Mr Greenvale in the face instead. Didn't these things sound less artificial and more meaningful when they came from someone else rather than the person in question? Betsey hadn't the slightest idea, she simply wanted to help Joss out here.
"He's really good at speaking, he's good with words, and on that note he can sing really well, really, really well. Plays guitar too." Betsey looked down at her hands, listing off each strength with her fingers. "He's a lot stronger and kinder than he looks and can be very pleasant to be around." She grew quiet and dropped off there to let the conversation between the two men flow again.
Mr Greenvale paused before asking, "any passions?" He asked, though, by now he had gotten a pretty good idea.

JASPER CARMICHAEL
Joss looked up in surprise that quickly melted to adoration when Betsey started to vouch for him. It was one thing for him to tell Robert about these things, but they just meant more coming from another person. Sure she had a bias. But she could have told him he had no talents, since the skills she listed would be considered by many as useless. He gave her an appreciative look.​
God, he loved her.​
“Well, as Betsey said, I love music, but I’m not sure how helpful that would be,” Joss said, before he began to consider any other passions he had. He didn’t really do much other than play music or get drunk or high, but he highly doubted Robert Greenvale wanted to hear about the latter since that was what had led to his daughter’s pregnancy.​
“I also ... really like exploring,” Joss said. A small smile graced his lips. “I could ride my bike for hours, just feeling the wind rush through my hair and my eyes water because of the speed I’m going at. It’s like ... it’s like time is rushing by when you’re riding, and you can’t pinpoint anything exactly until something just jumps out at you — a particularly tall tree, or a beautiful flower, or an interesting rock. And then you slow and take a look at it, and you realise how the world is filled with beautiful things that you would never really notice unless you managed to just slow down and take a look at them every now and then.”
“...Wow.” Joss looked up at Trudy to see that she had a wonderstruck look on her face, a hand over her heart as if Joss had just said something particularly beautiful or profound. He realised he had unintentionally slipped into that musical way of speaking he adopted when he was truly passionate about something, which honestly just cemented the compliments Betsey had given him moments ago.​

Annabeth Fawn

Betsey tilted her head to the side, staring at Joss with the same awe in her face Greenvale family. She smiled when Trudy spoke again first. She was feeling a little smug, because yes, that was her boyfriend and she was lucky to have him. Betsey only hoped that Mr Greenvale would recognize how great he was too. If not now, they would have plenty of time to get along down the road considering Joss was fathering his grandchild.
"Hm ..." Robert cleared his throat and leaned back in his seat thoughtfully. "You are good with words.." He mumbled with a slight shake of his head.
Sarah smiled at her own father and his slight softening but understandably still on guard. her smile remained all the same. "Yes." She agreed with a little nod, clearly nervous.
The older man stroked his chin before going on to ask, "what about your father? Does he plan on helping out?"
Perhaps it was intrusive, but Betsey's ears perked up at Robert's next questions. Joss never spoke about his father often and he surely never made any move or suggest the idea of her meeting him. All he had ever said about him was that he was a broken man, nothing more, nothing less. It left her to wonder whether Joss was keeping him from her or something along those lines.
There wasn't a lot she knew about Beck Carmichael except for what she heard from her own mother. But the woman was a gossiper who often twisted the truth. And she never had anything good to say about other people a majority of the time.

JASPER CARMICHAEL

Joss quite visibly froze when Robert asked about his father, and he gave the older man an alarmed look that everyone could tell wasn't to do with his nerves about the pregnancy. No, it was quite clear that this alarm stemmed from the mention of Joss's father, rather than his own impending fatherhood. He actually saw Trudy adopt a shocked look on her face. She clearly hadn't been expecting that.​
"No," Joss said far too quickly, shaking his head sharply. "No, he's not going to be involved at all."
Joss hadn't even told his father. Hell, he hadn't even told his father about Betsey. It wasn't that Joss thought he could hurt a baby, much less his own grandchild, but that didn't mean that he wasn't an incredibly toxic and harmful individual who should be kept away from innocent people as much as possible. Betsey was innocent. Sarah was innocent. Joss's baby, who was currently gestating in Sarah's uterus without a care in the world, was the epitome of innocence.​
And Joss was already exposing these innocent people to corruption himself. He didn't need to strengthen the risks by letting them meet his father.​
Luckily, though, Joss didn't have to elaborate because the door opened and the doctor came in. Joss sat facing forward almost rigidly, hoping and praying that no one tried to ask him about his dad again.​

Annabeth Fawn
"Good morning," the doctor greeted the family, smiling at the individuals in the room who were only just pulling themselves out of the surprise and confusion they had experienced in response to Joss's answer. "I'm Dr Lee." The woman of obvious Asian heritage, who looked as if she couldn't be day over thirty, introduced herself.
"We'll be seeing each for the next ..." Dr Lee plopped down in her swivel stool and picked up the clipboard on the counter. She scanned through the information on Sarah that the medical assistant had gathered. "Six to seven months. Let's see ..." Her smiled brightened before she grew quiet, scanning over the papers. "Everything looks good. You appear to be in great health. Shall we check up on the baby?" Dr Lee asked as she gathered the needed equipment for the ultrasound and washing her hands.
"Everyone is here. Grandma and grandpa, daddy and even auntie."
"Oh, no, I - I'm not the aunt. We aren't, um, sisters." Betsey sheepishly corrected her.
"She's his girlfriend." Sarah clarified, gesturing to Joss.
"Oh." Dr Lee hesitated, but quickly tried to brush over the awkward misunderstanding. "Well, it's good to see you here all the same." She promised, offering Betsey a sympathetic smile of her own and rolled over to Sarah.
The doctor asked a few questions as she spread the clear jelly onto Sarah's belly to which Sarah answered the best she could. But she quickly went quiet when Dr Lee gently pressed the probe against her and began searching for the baby. Even though their eyes where on the screen, the heartbeat was heard loud and and clear before Dr Lee pointed out the baby on the screen. "There they are."
"Wow." Sarah whispered warmly. "They're so small."

JASPER CARMICHAEL

As awkward as Dr Lee’s mistake was, Joss was glad for it because it distracted from his father. However, he didn’t miss the sympathetic look the doctor gave Betsey. For a brief moment he considered the impact this would have on his girlfriend, the stigma all three of them would face, and how Betsey had been dragged into this mess because he had been stupid.​

But all of that disappeared when the ultrasound image appeared on screen. Inside that little galaxy of black and grey blurs was a clump of cells that had just vaguely begun to resemble a baby. But to Joss, it was the most beautiful thing in the world.​

There resided his little son or daughter. He didn’t know what he wanted yet — he hadn’t thought that far. But looking at this, he didn’t care. He knew that most people claimed that a father didn’t feel like a father until their actual child was born, but in that moment, Joss couldn’t have disagreed more.​

He looked at that image and didn’t see a clump of cells, nor did he see a burden or a mistake or something he would just have to deal with. No, Jasper Carmichael looked at that image and saw a child, his child, the little miracle that had started out as a happy accident but now felt like the destiny all the shit in his life had been leading to.​

Trudy shed a small tear and leaned forward to take Sarah’s hand. Joss almost wanted to do the same, but he didn’t want his hand chopped off by Robert so he just settled for staring in complete and utter adoration at the screen.​

“So is everything going well?” Trudy asked Dr Lee. “What advice do you recommend.”

Last edited: