Naruto - Rise of the Red Cloud - OOC

There it is. Took me a while to organize all the stuff but it should be fine now.

Only worry now is that he has quite a lot of techniques, but those are mostly focused in a specific field so...

sW3PSxl.jpg

Name:
Koumei Uzumaki
Nickname/Alias:
Kou (Nickname); Crimson Scholar; Master of a Thousand Seals (Aliases)
Birthplace:
Uzushiogakure
Clan/Bloodline:
Uzumaki
Jonin
Chakra Nature(s):
Wind; Yin; Yang
Appearance:
Kou is overall a lean young man whoose distinctive features are his very long (and messy) crimson hair, slanted eyes and excessive height. He has an extremely pale complexion, being often described as handsome in a messy way, with most of its natural attractiveness being hidden behind either messy bangs of crimson hair or abnormally visible dark circles prominent from his poor sleeping habits.
For clothing, he normally follows a traditional
japanese style, having a true assortment of baggy kimono. Independently of their characteristics all of his clothes are frequently in some form of disarray. He is also well known for often inscribing seals in his own clothing, with most pieces having at least five of those randomly inscribed on them "for emergencies”, thus justifying the multiple layers of clothing even while on missions to a certain extent - at least in his mind.
Personality:
For most of the people that meet him for the first time, Kou is undoubtedly fitting for his reputation as one of the most elusive criminal ninjas out there, naturally porting himself with an air of aloof indifference that automatically makes one unable to see through his feelings, the seal master seems to be inherently unable to fit with his surroundings, automatically passing the impression of being unmoved no matter what happens around himself - something that quite a few considered being a sign of arrogance without a further thought, for he indeed seems to port himself in a way that seems to denote that anything that happens in the world is beneath his notice. Even if he does, indeed, politely converse with those who make the effort of going past first impressions and effectively talk to him, Kou is mostly described to be incapable of effectively focusing in a conversation for longer than a few seconds, often seeming to be lost in his own mind and unable to actually pay attention to anything that doesn't directly concern subjects he's especially enthusiastic about. Of course, this basic description solely based on superficial observations is far from making justice to the young ninja. In the end, his reputation is the thing that misleads people into thinking that his attitude is a result of lack of care for the world or pride, often preventing people from actually realizing his true, massively absentminded self.

At his core, rather than the unfeeling monster people paint him to be Kou is more of a naturally distracted daydreamer, unable to leave his own musings alone to check the real world for even an instant. For this reason alone, the shinobi is often incapable of reading social cues or make sense out of people's feelings and mostly finds himself incapable of accompanying a conversation for long unless it directly aligns to the things he muses about in his mind. Even so, while he is undoubtedly not very adequate for social interaction, Kou is ultimately quite the gentle figure prone to temperance, being remarkably calm and humble in bearing - at least inside his mind - as well as a self declared pacifist and a philanthropist that isn't above spontaneously helping the less fortunate citizens without any ninja training while on the way for his missions, being quite the amiable person to deal with should you manage to go past his initial lack of response.

With all of that being said, saying that Kou is a meek or innocent person is far from being correct. In the end, even though he is inherently a gentle person, he's also one of the most infamous criminal ninja out there. Ultimately, he doesn't have the same sheltered innocence that other's of his former social standing had the privilege to grow up with, being instead quite the experienced person and having all the ruthlessness that comes with such a status. As such, he naturally has the kind of mindset that lets him to nonchalantly take the life of his opponents and even make vicious, bloodthirsty threats - completely out of sync with his usual character - if the situation calls for it. Even if he likes to believe he's a good person, he is also someone that recognizes the need to put his personal feelings aside for the sake of his goals... Or at least so he says, but the fact is that he is also fairly ruthless when it comes to making use of criminals and the like for the sake of his research, seemingly considering it an opportunity of redeeming themselves rather than an actual crime - something that, even though he still seems to have a bottomline that prevents him from doing the same to those he considers as innocents, is more certainly a clear sign of how truly selfish he can be when the progress of his own interests depends on it.
History:
Koumei was, from a very young age, what most would call an unparalleled talent. Born as a member of a the well known Uzumaki clan, Koumei was hailed from a very young age as the genius who would bring his clan even more glory, not only learning most of his clan's techniques vut acquiring proficiency in multiple other recorded sealing styles and even developing his own sensory technique before even completing twelve years and ultimately reaching the point where, regarding sealing techniques, he found no equal in the same or next generation of the clan. Even if that wasn't enough, Koumei actually had enough charisma - or at least high enough of a position for his eccentricities to be masked as charisma - to be regarded as a capable yet humble person by most of the family and naturally a gentle person capable of easily getting the respect of his cousins of the young generation, thus earning their loyalty and support, he was without a hint of doubt the most suited successor to become the family leader of the clan... Or so he thought.

Even for the person himself, It's hard to reach a consensus of exactly when the bright and
cheerful Koumei turned into the mess of a human being that he is today as picking just one from the multiple tragedies that composed his life is the one that definitively broke him, but one thing is certain: It started with his father. Being the result of a relationship that crumbled before he was born, Koumei never had the opportunity to meet his devil of a father - a member of the the clan that deviated from the usual sealing techniques and became well known missing-nin specialized in the use of Juinjutsu and Forbidden Techniques - before his seventeenth birthday, when the man finally discovered about his son and decided that it was time to pay a visit in a way befitting of the criminal he is: Kidnapping Koumei in the day of his birthday and vanishing with him while leaving nothing but a note saying that he "planned to briefly teach his child about this world" - something that Koumei would soon discover to be a code to "trying to make me a shiny new brainwashed tool".

Seven years was the time it took for the ever so capable Koumei to overthrow his father and disband his organization from the inside - Just enough time to deeply crash his sheltered view of the world and threaten to twist his mentality in the foulest ways - and finally make his way back to the compound, ready to reunite with his friend and family and hopefully drive away the deturpation planted in his mind by his father's words... But all he found was ruins and despair: While he was locked, the embers of war always present in the ninja world reached his home, burning away any chance he had to recover his former life together with the village that he grew up in and leaving naught but a barren zone riddled with ruins behind.

What followed was a blurry period of pain in which Koumei lived as a wanderer - using his status as a neutral party to wander without a clear destination until he ultimately reached the only other place who could possibly pass as a home for someone like him: His clan’s old ally, the hidden leaf village. What he didn't know, though, was that what waited him there wasn't a warm reception or anything of the like, as the fact that he was with his father when he disappeared was more than enough to - after the Uzumaki clan that shielded him disappeared - brand him as a criminal, earning his very own spot in the bingo book with a very clear "capture only" on it and quite the lively reception by a whole bunch of ANBU before he even reached the village.

Suddenly faced by the reality of being branded as a criminal very clearly meant to be captured only and the sudden ambush from a bunch of ANBU, it didn't take long for Koumei to actually understand what is happening: With his village destroyed and the few allies he had holding almost no power in the village, there was simply no point for it to take him in without receiving any advantage - just taking him as a prisioner and extracting all the valuable knowledge from his mind was away more of a profitable decision for the hidden leaf's higher ups.

Naturally, understanding the reasoning didn't do wonders when it came to quenching the sheer rage Koumei felt that day, failing to do anything to save the ANBU who held his way from being slaughtered and doing little to nothing to prevent him from systematically sabotaging an absurd number of the leaf's tactical moves through the following two years, earning him the infamy who'd ultimately motivate the still growing Akatsuki to actively recruit him.
=========================================
Weapons/Items:
Name: Kokki
Description: A black colored Japanese Fan made to harness wind chakra, Kokki is entirely composed by an extremely resilient metal, is useful not only as an item capable of emitting wind jutsus but also as a makeshift blunt weapon and defensive tool.

Name: Scrolls
Description: Kou always carries an assortment of scroll - both blank or carved with the seals of the elemental enclosure technique or holding jutsu for future use during emergencies.

Name: Generic Shinobi Equipment
Description: The traditional Kunai, Shuriken, Explosive Tags, Smoke bombs and etc - all sealed inside generic seals as a safety measure.
===
Jutsu:
Name of Technique:
Elemental Sealing Method
Type of Jutsu:
Fuinjutsu
B
Range:
Close Range
Nature Type:
N/A
Description:
A basic sealing technique derived from the enclosing technique, this method allows the user to seal elemental jutsus up to C Rank and release them at their own convenience. Due to the somehow lengthy process of absorbing the desired coupled with the fact that this method has been recently developed, this technique is unfit to be used as a makeshift shield during combat as of now.
Weakness:
Currently the sealing part of this technique can't be used in battle, requiring a considerable time and preparation for the Jutsu to be properly sealed.

Name of Technique:
Uzumaki Secret Technique:
Dynamic Sealing Chains
Type of Jutsu:
Fuinjutsu; Bukijutsu
B
Range:
Close Range
Nature Type:
N/A
Description:
A unique technique revolving around inscribing a seal capable of releasing a lesser version of the Uzumaki Adamantine Sealing Chains into a surface - from the ground to things such as rubber balls or even weapons - so they're released at contact, instantly binding whoever is unlucky enough to touch it. Being derived from the adamantine sealing chains, the chains produced by this technique naturally have the ability to restrict the target's chakra.
Weakness:
While the chains are extremely hard to break, the paper that composes this seal can be easily damaged by anyone that isn't locked by it.

Name of Technique:
Koumei's Original:
Adamantine Leashing Chains
Type of Jutsu:
Fuinjutsu; Juinjutsu
A
Range:
Medium Range
Nature Type:
N/A
Description:
Koumei's unique variation of the Adamantine Sealing Chains, this unique technique converts the original sealing aspects of the chains into controlling ones through the use of Koumei's Juinjutsu, making it so whoever is bound by the chains is forced to follow the will of their controller. While converted to this form, the originally silverish chains take on a dull black color and start giving off a gloomy aura. Similarly to the Adamantine Sealing/Attacking chains, it can be used to deliever considerably strong physical blows.
Weakness:
Can be resisted through sheer willpower, being useless for anything other than restraining purposes against experienced shinobi.

Name of Technique:
Koumei's Juinjutsu: Pain
Type of Jutsu:
Fuinjutsu; Juinjutsu
C
Range:
Close Range
Nature Type:
N/A
Description:
A basic juinjutsu technique capable of instantly causing some pain similar in scale to being hit by a punch once branded into an enemy. The major catch of this technique is that while only active in the moment after being branded and fairly weak, whenever another similar seal is branded in the opponent the already branded seals resonate and once more act to cause intensified pain upon the target, with each consecutive seal making the pain more intense until the enemy is ultimately incapacitated. Especially useful for torture.
Like the Self-Cursing Seal, this seal can be instantly branded through physical contact.
Weakness:
Naturally disappears after 24 hours. While it is somehow inconvenient to deal with during a fight, it can be easily ignored up to 6 and endured before the 14th seal depending on the target's specific endurance. Can similarly be disrupted by physically damaging the seal.

Name of Technique:
Koumei's Juinjutsu: Dull
Type of Jutsu:
Fuinjutsu; Juinjutsu
C
Range:
Close Range
Nature Type:
N/A
Description:
A basic cursed seal capable of completely nullifying the sense of touch of whoever is branded with it. Like the Self-Cursing Seal, this seal can be instantly branded through physical contact.
Weakness:
Naturally fades after roughly 24 hours, can be dispelled should the victim manually destroy the seal branded in their skin.

Name of Technique:
Koumei's Fuinjutsu: Mutually Attractive Seals
Type of Jutsu:
Fuinjutsu
C
Range:
Close Range Inscription/Effective in a range of at most 100 meters from each other
Nature Type:
N/A
Description:
A basic Fuinjutsu technique capable of creating whirlpool shaped seals capable of attracting each other, instantly pulling whatever has been branded with it together as long as the target is inside a hundred meters of the other seal, having an effect similar in nature to the Magnet Release: Conserving Bee Twin Blades technique in practice.
Weakness:
Being fundamentally reliant on seals, the pull of this technique is somehow weak, being far from enough to actively disturb the movement of a human-sized target and thus working mostly for supplementary purposes.

Name of Technique:
Boomerang Blades
Type of Jutsu:
Ninjutsu; Chakra Flow
B
Range:
Medium-Long
Nature Type:
Futon
Description:
As implied by the name, this technique consists in throwing a bladed fan and - through the use of wind nature chakra flow - guide it back to the user as if it is a boomerang. With the aid of chakra flow, the fan can easily cut through rocks.
Weakness:
Due to the nature of this technique, the range is fairly limited, being restricted to a range of at most 15 meters of the user. Additionally, the boomerang effect returns it to the place where it was thrown from - making moving while making use of it not feasible - and can be nullified by blocking or deflecting the fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I'm not sure about the uzumaki clan village being destroyed in his life time, as I said it has no real baring in the general setting the village will be relegated to small status due to the fact it was destroyed recently. The reason I originally was going to say it was destroyed during the first war was because it would've been two generations or so by now, and it would've been forgotten. So for that reason I'm going to tell you up front it will likely only hold relevance for your character in order to not disrupt the Leaf's status as a major power.

Dead Demon Consuming Seal is a bit of a stretch though it is a uzumaki clan technique it is a very rare technique we've seen all of two people using it in the show to my knowledge. As for the Space Time jutsu I'm iffy on the toad ones them seem to be specific to jiraya's ability, and history with the toad sage group. Would you explain how your character uses those techniques, and with what creatures.

While I'm not sure about the uzumaki clan village being destroyed in his life time, as I said it has no real baring in the general setting the village will be relegated to small status due to the fact it was destroyed recently. The reason I originally was going to say it was destroyed during the first war was because it would've been two generations or so by now, and it would've been forgotten. So for that reason I'm going to tell you up front it will likely only hold relevance for your character in order to not disrupt the Leaf's status as a major power.

Dead Demon Consuming Seal is a bit of a stretch though it is a uzumaki clan technique it is a very rare technique we've seen all of two people using it in the show to my knowledge. As for the Space Time jutsu I'm iffy on the toad ones them seem to be specific to jiraya's ability, and history with the toad sage group. Would you explain how your character uses those techniques, and with what creatures.
I have absolutely no problem with the Village's destruction holding no major relevance to the setting. Not like I planned to make it a plot point or anything, just felt it would be a good excuse to make his descent into a criminal more interesting.

As for the Jutsu part... Well, to be honest I only added Dead Demon Consuming because he is meant to have mastered the Uzumaki techniques. Overall, it's not like I plan to ever make use of it - it's a suicidal technique, after all. With that being said, if it's a definite no go I won't really complain about having exclude it.

As for the summoning, rather than Jiraya's specific they're more fundamentally related to Jiraya because he was the sole relevant character in the anime who had Toad Summoning to a considerable extent (mostly because Naruto was freaking useless when it comes to Ninjutsu that isn't clone related or a variation of Rasengan) and thus is the only one to use certain techniques. Kind of like Itachi with the crows. Still, I'll similarly understand if you insist on not allowing those.

I'll allow you to keep the reaper death seal for the sake of it's only relevance being when/if you decide your character is about to die. However you'll have to make custom equivalents, or give a toad related reason for the jiraya stuff that seems fair to me.

I'll allow you to keep the reaper death seal for the sake of it's only relevance being when/if you decide your character is about to die. However you'll have to make custom equivalents, or give a toad related reason for the jiraya stuff that seems fair to me.
What exactly counts as Jiraiya stuff though? Cause outside of toad mouth bind - who's pretty related to the summoner's control - the other two (excluding food cart destroyer, who had multiple users) are pretty much just summoning a specific kind of toad.

Or do you mean to make an specific reason to have Toads as his summon as a whole? Because I figured that - as there isn't a Jiraiya in this world - there wouldn't be any special form of making a contract with them in specific, merely being a form of summon who's some decide to take on due to how practical it is. I mean, even in canon (Boruto) there's a new character who also uses toads after Jiraiya's death,so it kind of makes sense that there isn't a single scroll who let's you contract them.

Just because there is no Jiraya doesn't mean there isn't a toad sage. Just as there is a Snake, and a Slug Sage. Things that count in the frog area are general summons that involve techniques he used that in context, such as being inside the giant frog's body, are part of the frog group. Same thing goes for Frog Kumanite or however you spell it. Oil flame bomb, and other such would probably be applicable to the normal ninja.

Just because there is no Jiraya doesn't mean there isn't a toad sage. Just as there is a Snake, and a Slug Sage. Things that count in the frog area are general summons that involve techniques he used that in context, such as being inside the giant frog's body, are part of the frog group. Same thing goes for Frog Kumanite or however you spell it. Oil flame bomb, and other such would probably be applicable to the normal ninja.
Eh. Fair enough.

Anyway, I'll just change his summon. It's not like being a toad summoner is a fundamental part of the character.

Edit: Should be good to go now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh. Fair enough.

Anyway, I'll just change his summon. It's not like being a toad summoner is a fundamental part of the character.

Edit: Should be good to go now.
Ill accept him now sorry school and back pain today ic is somewhere today

Ill try to respond tomorrow I have college work I need to try and get done

Yes it currently is Tim.

Reactions: timv999
So just to make sure, this role-play all the characters we make are rogue ninja in the akatuski?

I thought I responded to Tim's question but yes that is correct.

Also do you guys want to continue this rp? Because no one really seems excited to post. We haven't even left the bloody meeting room. Its prep/introduction time.

well I need posts guys get ready or talk to someone

Alright guys going to the prison do you want me to help roleplay the setting, or do you want me to just let you handle it? I've got a lot of work so I'd appreciate if one of you took the initiative on the matter and just had me come into play Asashi as needed.