RESOURCE Need an RP content tag? Request one here!

• Before posting a thread, please take a look at the Iwaku FAQs to see if your question has already been answered there!

Unless I'm not at all looking for the right thing, there aren't any tags for "fair folk" or "fae" or "faerie", etc. Would it be possible to add one? :D

Unless I'm not at all looking for the right thing, there aren't any tags for "fair folk" or "fae" or "faerie", etc. Would it be possible to add one? :D
SECONDED. Also with aliases because a lot of people also write it as fairie, fairy, faery, etc.

Apparently there's no "superpower" or "superpowered" tag. Would be great if it's added. Thanks.

Could isekai get its own tag, or is it covered by "otherworld fantasy"?

Tag update time! I will still be helping out with managing new tags and this thread.

NEW TAGS
cottagecore - Based on the aesthetic of an idealized rural life, nature, and a nostalgia for simple and old-fashioned things.

cryptids - Containing or focusing on creatures which have not yet become documented or accepted by mainstream science.

dark academia - Based on the aesthetic of an idealized academic life, classical education, and gothic elements, particularly through a gloomy and pessimistic lens.

fairies - Containing or focusing on beings from a hidden or parallel world and that are magical in nature, usually based on folklore or legend.
alias: "fae", "faeries", "fair folk"

goblincore - Similar to cottagecore, but focused less on romantic and pure aesthetics and more on things that are imperfect, roughly made, dirty, or not conventionally considered beautiful.
alias: "gremlincore"

light academia - Based on the aesthetic of an idealized academic life, classical education, and nostalgic elements, particularly through a bright and optimistic lens.

regional gothic - Gothic themes tied strongly to the cultural setting of the roleplay, e.g. Southern Gothic, Midwest Gothic, Pacific Northwest Gothic, etc.
alias: "southern gothic"

NEW ALIASES
"isekai": otherworld fantasy

(Apologies about "fairies" and "isekai", I had thought they were added previously but either an update killed them or I forgot.)

Put the polyamory and harem tags in the bag NOW 😤

Polyamory - The practice of intimate/romantic relations with multiple partners consensually. (NOT CHEATING.)

Harem - Multiple love interests for one main character.

• Love
Reactions: Astaroth and Dusk
We need an xnb (non binary) pairing tag like we have for male and female.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Astaroth

Polyamory - The practice of intimate/romantic relations with multiple partners consensually. (NOT CHEATING.)

We have "multiple partners - Containing or focusing on multiple relationships, polyamory, threesomes, or other depictions of at least one character in romantic/sexual situations with more than one partner."

But we can totally split them into separate tags 🤔

...fuck how do we not have that already? Will add tags for this stat.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia

We have "multiple partners - Containing or focusing on multiple relationships, polyamory, threesomes, or other depictions of at least one character in romantic/sexual situations with more than one partner."

But we can totally split them into separate tags 🤔

...fuck how do we not have that already? Will add tags for this stat.

Oooh, I didn't know that! I think making the distinction between the two would be nice though.

Reactions: Astaroth
*slams hands on counter with a fake Barbie credit card*

I need a friendship tag.

Friendship - Focused on platonic relationships between characters.

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth and Fyrra
NEW TAGS

femalexnonbinary - Focusing on/seeking girls kissing nonbinary peeps.
alias: "femalexenby"

friendship - Containing or focusing on platonic relationships between characters.
alias: "platonic", "platonic relationship", "platonic relationships"

group sex - Containing or focusing on sexual scenarios involving four or more characters.
alias: "foursome", "gangbang", "moresome"

harem - Containing or focusing on multiple love interests for one character.
alias: "reverse harem"

malexnonbinary - Focusing on/seeking dudes kissing nonbinary peeps.
alias: "malexenby"

nonbinaryxnonbinary - Focusing on/seeking nonbinary peeps kissing nonbinary peeps.
alias: "enbyxenby"

polyamory - Containing or focusing on consensual romantic and/or sexual relationships with more than one partner.

threesome - Containing or focusing on sexual scenarios involving three characters.
alias: "threeway"

thruple - Containing or focusing on a committed relationship between three characters.
alias: "ot3", "triad", "throuple"

REPLACEMENT TAGS

multiple partners-->multiple relationships - Containing or focusing on depictions of at least one character in romantic/sexual situations with more than one partner.

Some tags that would be nice to have:

Café (I know we already have restaurant, so I'm thinking more like coffee shop)
University
Rivalry
Magic (general)
Murder Mystery
Murder (general)
Drag/Cross-Dressing

I believe I had others once upon a time but have since forgotten them, lol.

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
NEW TAGS

1910s - Taking place in or heavily influenced by the events, social behaviors, and/or fashion of the 1910s.

amnesia - Containing/focusing on at least one character suffering from memory loss.
alias: "memory loss"

coffee shop - Taking place in and around a coffee shop and dealing with the dynamics of customers, baristas, and other employees as well as the teas and coffees provided.
alias: "coffeehouse"

crossdressing - Containing/focusing on characters dressing in drag for plot reasons, kink reasons, and anything in between.
alias: "drag"

enemies to lovers - Containing or focusing on a relationship between two characters that shifts from enmity to romantic over time.

frenemies - Containing or focusing on relationships between characters that blur the line between friendship and enmity.

frenemies to lovers - Containing or focusing on a relationship between two characters that shifts from frenemies to romantic over time.

homophobia - Dealing with themes or instances of at least one character experiencing homophobic treatment or slurs.

hospital - Taking place in and around a hospital and dealing with the dynamics of patients, personnel, and/or visitors.

illness - Containing or focusing on characters with physical disorders or diseases.
alias: "sickness"

infidelity - Dealing with themes or instances of at least one character having sex outside of their relationship, usually without their partner's awareness/consent.
alias: "cheating", "cuckold", "cuckolding", "netorare"

magic - Containing or focusing on powers/forces which seem to defy science.

medical - Dealing with themes of illness, treatment facilities, and recovery.

murder - Dealing with the violent death of at least one character.

murder mystery - Focusing on the investigation of a murder.

pregnancy - Containing or focusing on the events surrounding the pregnancy of at least one character through biological, magical, or scientific means.

rivalry - Containing or focusing on competitive relationships between characters.
alias: "rivals"

rivals to lovers - Containing or focusing on a relationship between two characters that shifts from rivalry to romantic over time.

self-harm - Dealing with themes of self harm.
alias: "cutting"

shapeshifting - Containing or focusing on characters with the ability to transform their physical appearance.

soulmates - Containing/focusing on two characters who are fated to develop a romantic relationship.

suicide - Dealing with themes of suicide.

transphobia - Dealing with themes or instances of at least one character experiencing transphobic treatment or slurs.

trauma - Dealing with themes of trauma, whether physical or mental.

NEW ALIASES

"college": school

"high school": school

"noncon": rape

"post canon": sequel (fandom)

"rpf": fandom: real people

"university": school

I decided not to split university out as its own thing separate from the school tag for several reasons, including that "college" can be a point of confusion when it comes to US/UK English.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dusk
I'm back with a handful of tags I noticed we don't have that could be useful/I would use personally:

Masquerade/ball/dance
Assassins/criminals/gangsters/mafia (could fall under crime drama or murder, but the first doesn't always fit, and the second is too broad to me)
Agricultural setting/farming/country
Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons (if you wanna be generous to me lol)
Revenge
Heist/Robbery
Mistaken Identity
Stuck Together/Bottle Episode
Mermaids/Sirens
Contest
Reincarnation
Fandom: Play/Musical
Fandom: Podcast
Reptilians
Demons as a separate thing from angels and demons for demon-esque creatures that aren't associated with a particular religion

Last edited: