RESOURCE Need an RP content tag? Request one here!

• Before posting a thread, please take a look at the Iwaku FAQs to see if your question has already been answered there!

• Thank You
Reactions: The Mood is Write
Mine never got added. :P

Sometimes it's not a mystery

Mine never got added. :P
Shakespearean language, right?

That seems like a very specific tag, to me, rather than a generalized tag many people might use. I'm not the person in charge of the tags system, so my guess may be wrong, but for now, my best suggestion is to include posting expectation tags and time period tags to help make your wishes known. <3

Reactions: Pahndemic
Shakespearean language, right?

That seems like a very specific tag, to me, rather than a generalized tag many people might use. I'm not the person in charge of the tags system, so my guess may be wrong, but for now, my best suggestion is to include posting expectation tags and time period tags to help make your wishes known. <3

What would you suggest to be able to add that tag? ^^

What would you suggest to be able to add that tag? ^^
If you mean to the site, I'm not entirely certain. I'm just popping in here with suggestions for the people who don't have the tags they're requesting, so that they have something they can use in the meantime. <3

If you mean suggestions on what tags you might use to try to convey what you're looking for, let me see...
elizabethan | IwakuRoleplay.com
renaissance | IwakuRoleplay.com
The time period in which Shakespeare lived.

alternative history | IwakuRoleplay.com
historical | IwakuRoleplay.com
historical fantasy | IwakuRoleplay.com
More indicators of time period.

mindfuck | IwakuRoleplay.com
If you think someone might have difficulty reading it? I'm not sure.

parody (fandom) | IwakuRoleplay.com
A bit of a stretch, I admit.

posting expectations: adept | IwakuRoleplay.com
posting expectations: advanced | IwakuRoleplay.com
posting expectations: douche | IwakuRoleplay.com
posting expectations: prestige | IwakuRoleplay.com
These could help indicate that you're looking for a writer of a certain skill (explained here: What are the "Posting Expectation" levels? )

satire | IwakuRoleplay.com
tragedy | IwakuRoleplay.com
I think W.S. wrote a lot of this.

strict rules | IwakuRoleplay.com
This may apply.

Also, a random thought for a more generalized tag relating to what you're looking for:

Quirky Dialects
Writing in a dialect other than 'standard' modern English.

How about

Shakespearean Era?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
Well, as Moody said, Elizabethian and Renaissance are already tags, based in and around the time WS lived.

True but I want something that makes it much more apparent that it has to do with William Shakespeare.

True but I want something that makes it much more apparent that it has to do with William Shakespeare.
I understand what you mean, but tags are meant to be more of umbrella words that can include many other sub-genres. It would be like having "lycanthrope" as well as "werewolves", it become redundant. :)

I understand what you mean, but tags are meant to be more of umbrella words that can include many other sub-genres. It would be like having "lycanthrope" as well as "werewolves", it become redundant. :)

Oh I understand. I was just wanting the Shakespearean dialect one to let people know that the olden language used by William Shakespeare would be used in the roleplay, I haven't actually done a roleplay like it though since its hard to find people who understand the older dialect.

Hello! Me again. Need the following:
  • Platonic
  • Winter
  • Still need an "ice skating" tag.
Thanks in advance!

Hello! Me again. Need the following:
  • Platonic
  • Winter
  • Still need an "ice skating" tag.
Thanks in advance!

Heya Wolfsbane, the "ice skating" tag falls under Sports. See Moody's previous response to you:

Here are tags that may be relevant. Please keep in mind, most tags we have are pretty generalized. I hope this helps!

anime - general overall for what you seem to want
band - could be used for idols, possibly.
femalexfemale - 'yuri'
female partners only - if you want the RPs to include only female players.
jpop - more for idols
japanese - for characters, culture, and locations in Japan.
lbgt - more 'yuri'
sports - figure skating, possibly ballet

Tag List

I'm not sure what you meant by "platonic". Here are the tags that could fit for it:
no romance | IwakuRoleplay.com
no sex | IwakuRoleplay.com

For "Winter", you could probably use the tag "Holiday" if it happens during Christmas time.
holiday | IwakuRoleplay.com

The RP I plan to use the "platonic" tag for is one that's gonna develop a romance over time. Is there a tag for that?

o3o If you plan on there being romance later on, then I recommend just using the "romance" tag. When I think "platonic", I think "not romantic", period. You can clarify within the RP itself that you're looking for more of a slow burn situation.

@Kagayours @Opal @Link Hyrule @Wolfsbane706

New tags added: dragons, female only cast, friends to lovers, idols, male only cast, royalty, shakespeare.

One or two of these I thought were already added, so apologies there! If your requests in this thread were NOT added, it's because they are very niche or too close to existing tags.

Oh, also, I would like to mention that "slow burn" is an existing tag. :]

@Kagayours @Opal @Link Hyrule @Wolfsbane706

New tags added: dragons, female only cast, friends to lovers, idols, male only cast, royalty, shakespeare.

One or two of these I thought were already added, so apologies there! If your requests in this thread were NOT added, it's because they are very niche or too close to existing tags.

Oh, also, I would like to mention that "slow burn" is an existing tag. :]

Arigato Astaroth-Sensei! <3

Hi! Do we have a tag for open world and/or sandbox RPs, or one that covers the definitions below? If not, can one be made?

(What I mean by those terms:
  • Sandbox - most (if not all) of the plot is player-driven, as opposed to given by the GM.
  • Open world - much (if not all) of the setting can be accessed by the player characters when the game starts.)
Also, is there a tag for GM-less RPs (such as ones where 3-4 people participate and handle plot collaboratively, rather than having players and a GM)?