Neo Dark Wanderer (in signups till Nov 21st)

†rip

Original poster
EQ7vgJN.jpg

HIDER
0bNJpeh.jpg
8 years ago I became aware of forum mafia and have been contemplating best practices for hosts ever since. Expect a balanced and unbreakable game.

The number of dayphases played will be the initial number of mafiosi (a minimum of 2 randomly selected players). Signups close / game starts on Wednesday, November 21st, 21:00 UTC with Day1, which will last for 47 hours, followed by an hour of twilight (to get the lynch/flip sorted), followed by 23 hours of night, followed by an hour of twilight (to get night actions sorted).

For all but the last dayphase there is a fixed deadline, after which votes will cease to count, the player with the most votes will be excommunicated and their role revealed. On the final dayphase a hammer will occur once a majority of the players' votes are identical. The game ends immediately if all mafia are eliminated. If that is not the case by the time the final nightphase concludes then all town players (alive and dead) will submit their educated guess as to the identity of the remaining mafiosi to me via PM.

If the number of townies alive who guess correctly outnumbers the number of living mafiosi then town wins.
http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/Diablo.PDF
Only the mafia members are informed about all the roles in the game and their flavor. They are free to communicate with each other ad libitum. Unless your role specifically permits it you may not talk about game-related stuff during the night. Get-to-know discussion topics will be provided when dayphases start; roleplay prompts by nightfall.

As a medium (relaying the game-irrelevant input of dead players) I may participate in the roleplay and/or barge in giving my two cents and whatnot..

You may select a diablo 2 NPC's animated 75x100 gif (NPCs) to act as your avatar for the list of players.
Don't edit your posts. Standard Mafia, site-wide and common-sense rules apply; I could list all the faux-pas, instead I ask you to preemptively do an imaginary walkthrough of the game, and to use reason to get a sense of what would ruin it.

With regard to strategy and tactics, there is no established status quo on how to play, yet, afaik. There are various opinions and approaches, but unfairness is not among them.

There will be a separate voting thread. The preferred voting convention is for you to announce your reasons to vote in this thread with a post, then, in the voting thread, hyperlink that post to the name of the player, like so:

Unvote
Vote Lost-and-Bewildered

You should announce and link an unvote as well.

If upon having read this OP in its entirety there is any confusion about conduct, mechanics, setup, roles, voting, etc., it might be intentional and you should fuggetaboutit, ehh? Be cool and casual.
latest

Night0
zl1iEXp.png

The game is in signup phase. State your intention to participate. Doob is chainsmoking while waiting for players.

latest

Day1
latest

Night1
latest

Day2
latest

Night2

Last edited by a moderator: