As always, don't read this right now if you don't want spoilers for IC post things. 8D

First order of business, Astaroth has decided to drop out of the roleplay due to the simple and understandable reason of not feeling it any more. Rather than just casting Griselda aside as another leymind zombie person, I've instead gotten the chance to show that not everyone who gets mindfucked by the leyline influence gets so vastly overwhelmed by it. Effectively she's no longer a party member, but you might see her around doing things here or there.

Second, Pahn has gotten far enough away from dying status to make a post, hooray! That means our active party member count is still 6, so we're all good on that front.

Third, there's a new lore thingy in the History and Lore post. See the Meddling Gods tab there, or the spoiler below the adventure log of the same name, to read a little tidbit about the ubiquity of gods in the world of Ethcolan.

And finally, while it would be cleaner to get you all to pick whether to stay and help purple coat dude or just hurry on by, it's not the end of the world if you guys split up a bit. Timing will be a little weird though, so if some stay behind and others keep going, the keep going folks might be stuck walking along that road toward the keep for a few posting rounds while the others do some investigation or crowd clearing, so maybe do some group OOC decision making if you want to avoid that awkwardness. Your call, I'll roll with whatever happens. :D

Adventure Log #5
Time: 6:13 AM, 17 hours and 47 minutes remaining until midnight.
Living Townspeople: 1891

Major Objectives:
Save Varden: Tanos Vir said there are troubles to the west, north, and east that seem to be the greatest threats. Perhaps dealing with these will suffice to save the town. The robed men seemed to agree, and they provided some very useful information about the circumstances.

Damsel in Distress: Jehan, Lienne, and Griselda all learned there was some kind of kidnapping to the west. Amel, Wank, and Deidre heard from one of Lord Bornar's guards that his daughter, Lady Anessa, had been taken away across the river with the aid of "dark magics." She also suggested that there would be rich rewards for aid from adventurers.

Farmland Invaders: Jehan was told that there are some sort of invaders to the north, while Lienne and Griselda were told the same and that it might be orcs. Tanos Vir's vision of dead farmers probably holds some truth, at least.

Missing Monk: Jehan was told there was a kidnapping to the east, and Lienne and Griselda were told it was a child who was taken. Combined with Jehan's knowledge that the structure to the east is a monastery, and Deidre's keen eye spotting a man and two children hurrying out of it in search of something, it seems a child of the monastery has been taken.

Minor Objectives:
Coren's Father: Coren, the kid working the impromptu stable in front of the city, told Jehan that his father has been acting strangely and chopped up the missing horses. He also told Jehan where he lives, which is where his father presumably is.

A Mysterious Human: He has named himself as Berzen, the God of History. Though he offered some useful information about the threats to Varden and seemed to dismiss Lienne and Griselda, he has not vanished as his compatriot did.

A Crowded Commotion: Deidre spotted a house a ways north along the main road that is surrounded by agitated people, with armored people (including a man wearing a purple coat) trying to keep order. They don't seem to be doing a great job of it. Upon nearing the commotion, they saw that a house had been badly damaged and someone died within. The purple-coated man has asked the adventurers to help by either clearing the crowd away peacefully or figuring out what happened, offering healing potions and other supplies for their troubles.

Player Actions:
Yazmina: Recovered from the leyline influence. She felt something strangely familiar about the remanants of powerful magic use around the damaged home.

Wank: Declared his intent to marry the kidnapped lady and bravely bounded forth to rescue her. He sensed the residue of powerful magic use from the damaged house, but couldn't figure out anything more than that.

Griselda: Claimed entirely by the leyline influence, though she remains quite coherent and mobile unlike the zombie-like people they've seen thus far. She hurred off toward the keep after glaring at the damaged house, not bothering to wait for the other adventurers.

Deidre: Went with Wank to rescue the kidnapped lady, but expressed doubts (probably baseless) about his marriage plans. She also felt the powerful magical residue from the damaged house, but could glean nothing specific from it.

Jehan: Spoke to Torgun and reconvened with the others, heading northward. He also felt the remnants of powerful magic use without any special details.

Lienne: Got pulled along by first Griselda, then Torgun as she tried to fight off the mental haze of the leyline influence. Even through that distraction, she felt the residue of powerful magic use from the damaged house, but was too preoccupied to notice anything further about it.

Amel: Spoke to Deidre and decided to also join the rescue effort for the kidnapped lady.

Introduction of the memoir of Godchaser Calus

For those who know where to look, gods are damn near everywhere. Some people have this notion that gods are always off in their own realm, paying no mind to us mortals, but they're just plain wrong. I estimate that in any given major city at any given time, there's probably at least two gods there, likely more. There are thousands of gods, after all, so of course they're all over the place. The best way to find them, and the logic one must follow to earn the title of Godchaser, is to chase disaster and calamity.

I met my first god when I was just a boy of six. My village was wiped away in a horrible flood, and a strange man showed up to survey the wreckage. He was a portly fellow who asked about how exactly the events transpired, taking notes all the while. That was Berzen, God of History. He was the one I ran into most often, in fact, and we ended up something like friends before I got too old to travel. He was alright, Berzen. Kind, liked to laugh, always told a good story, willing to give you some help in trade for a story he'd never heard.

Don't let that fool you, though. Most gods are no better than pests. The Small Gods are the worst of the lot. They skitter around, seeking tragedies with relation to their aspect, and when they arrive they soak it in with glee. I met the Goddess of Floods once, damn near stabbed her when she recounted the destruction of my village like it was a fond memory. Hard to say if they actually cause these troubles or just get drawn to them because of their nature, but either way they're like flies flocking to fresh dung.

I spent my whole damned life trying to understand the gods, meeting as many as I could and talking to those who'd spare me the time of day. Can't say I came out with a positive opinion of the lot. Lucky me, I was never the worshipping sort, so the realization that I felt disdain for gods as a whole never caused me any distress. I get a few folks every turn of the moon, coming to ask me for my wisdom about the gods and how best to serve them, and the damn fools seem offended by my answer. That's why I'm writing this book. When you read everything I've seen of the gods, you'll see them as I do: they're just like mortals, a pack of terrible people who sometimes manage to do a good thing, and all that makes them different is how much power they've got.

Of course, most people are stupid and useless just like the gods, so I figure this book won't make much of a difference in the end. Can't fault an old man for trying to find meaning in his final days though, so here goes nothing.

Editor's Note: The unfinished status of this memoir is due to the fact that Godchaser Calus was struck dead by a spear made of bone flying through the wall of his home and pinning him to the opposite wall, where he remained stuck until he bled out. No culprit was ever found, though investigators noted that it would have taken a siege ballista to launch the spear with that much force, and the small mud path showed no signs of such an implement being brought to bear upon the writer's home. The work ends on Calus writing of the time he met Sharza, Goddess of Death, and claims that he had found out some deeper truth about the Goddess that he would reveal at the end of his story. It is left to the reader to make what they will of these possibly related events.

• Useful
Reactions: Pahn
Only one important note for this round: although he did not manage to get a post out in the short window he had, CrystalTears has joined us to replace firejay. As with Griselda, Lienne has now become a fancy special NPC for me to use for shenanigans. She may or may not tag along with the party depending on stuff.

Adventure Log #6
Time: 6:16 AM, 17 hours and 44 minutes remaining until midnight.
Living Townspeople: 1889

Major Objectives:
Save Varden: Tanos Vir said there are troubles to the west, north, and east that seem to be the greatest threats. Perhaps dealing with these will suffice to save the town. The robed men seemed to agree, and they provided some very useful information about the circumstances.

Damsel in Distress: Jehan, Lienne, and Griselda all learned there was some kind of kidnapping to the west. Amel, Wank, and Deidre heard from one of Lord Bornar's guards that his daughter, Lady Anessa, had been taken away across the river with the aid of "dark magics." She also suggested that there would be rich rewards for aid from adventurers.

Farmland Invaders: Jehan was told that there are some sort of invaders to the north, while Lienne and Griselda were told the same and that it might be orcs. Tanos Vir's vision of dead farmers probably holds some truth, at least.

Missing Monk: Jehan was told there was a kidnapping to the east, and Lienne and Griselda were told it was a child who was taken. Combined with Jehan's knowledge that the structure to the east is a monastery, and Deidre's keen eye spotting a man and two children hurrying out of it in search of something, it seems a child of the monastery has been taken.

Minor Objectives:
Coren's Father: Coren, the kid working the impromptu stable in front of the city, told Jehan that his father has been acting strangely and chopped up the missing horses. He also told Jehan where he lives, which is where his father presumably is.

A Mysterious Human: He has named himself as Berzen, the God of History. Though he offered some useful information about the threats to Varden and seemed to dismiss Lienne and Griselda, he has not vanished as his compatriot did.

A Crowded Commotion: The crowd has now been cleared away and gruesome discoveries were made inside the house. Captain Holdan introduced himself and instructed the adventurers to follow him to the keep to collect their reward.

Player Actions:
Yazmina: Chatted with Amel and headed inside the house to investigate. She was drawn to a strange altar in a back room of the house, and she was able to identify it and her strange draw to the place: it is a shrine to the God of Sin, her father.

Wank: Took the guard captain up on his offer and used a display of fire magic to try to get the crowd to flee. It wasn't particularly successful, but it worked out in the end thanks to the assistance of others.

Deidre: Helped in trying to clear out the crowd. (No post, but I got a quick choice of action from Herzi via Discord to avoid more fogmind stuff.)

Jehan: Aided the crowd clearing efforts by yelling fire in a crowded theater road.

Lienne: Claimed entirely by the leyline influence, but like Griselda she remained apparently coherent rather than catatonic. She for some reason decided to help the crowd-clearing efforts with the use of illusion magic, which was very effective.

Amel: Chatted with Yazmina and headed inside the house to investigate. Through his own knowledge and education on the matter, combined with the information uncovered by Yazmina, he may have figured out what happened to the people in the damaged house.

Oh, and one quick unimportant note: everyone out in the road got shit rolls for their actions influencing the crowd, except for Lienne who got a critical success, thus the dope illusion display. Also Yazmina got a critical success. Two of them out of six rolls, so lucky.

Last edited:
  • Useful
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pahn and Greenie
Ayy, a round with full participation, nice. As usual, some spoilery bits here in the log.

Adventure Log #7
Time: 6:28 AM, 17 hours and 32 minutes remaining until midnight.
Living Townspeople: 1888

Major Objectives:

Damsel in Distress: Jehan, Lienne, and Griselda all learned there was some kind of kidnapping to the west. Amel, Wank, and Deidre heard from one of Lord Bornar's guards that his daughter, Lady Anessa, had been taken away across the river with the aid of "dark magics." She also suggested that there would be rich rewards for aid from adventurers, which was apparently confirmed by Sir Toleus speaking to Lord Bornar.

Farmland Invaders: Jehan was told that there are some sort of invaders to the north, while Lienne and Griselda were told the same and that it might be orcs. Tanos Vir's vision of dead farmers probably holds some truth, at least. Lord Bornar's guards, under the leadership of Captain Holdan, seem to be going against Lord Bornar's orders to head north and deal with troubles there.

Minor Objectives:

Undead Animals: Something or someone has been making small animals undead. Thus far, the party has spotted a rat and a cat in this state. Griselda has apparently taken some interest in this matter, and she brought the skeletal cat into Lord Bornar's keep for some unknown reason. Whatever is going on here, necromancy is never good news. Perhaps it's worth a look, if time can be spared.

A Crowded Commotion: The adventurers were given their reward by a rushed guard: a small box holding three healing potions and an enchanted cap that apparently makes the wearer very stupid.

Player Actions:
Yazmina: Told everyone the disappeared family had been apparently worshipping the God of Sin and suggested asking Captain Holdan about cults. On the way to the keep she spotted and identified a person trailing them for a short way before disappearing. Upon arrival at the keep, she was handed the box of rewards for helping the situation at the strange house.

Wank: Suffered shattered hopes and dreams but managed to keep it together enough to follow the guards toward the keep. On the way to the keep he spotted someone trailing the group for a bit, but could not identify them.

Deidre: Struggled with allergies and suggested not dallying at the keep in their quest to save a lady. On the way to the keep she spotted someone trailing the group for a bit, but could not identify them.

Jehan: Was polite enough to wait for the others before rushing off. On the way to the keep he spotted an undead rat before it ran away.

Amel: Got angry and demanded answers (which he sort of got from various sources). On the way to the keep he spotted someone trailing the group for a bit, but could not identify them.

Arwen: Sought to defeat a horde of evil Goblins but sadly found only a bunch of fellow adventurers hanging about. On the way to the keep, she (with some help from Masawa) was the only person to both spot the temporary stalker and the undead rat.

You guys are faced with EVEN MORE decisions! If you pick a path that leads toward one of the obvious destinations away from the keep, I plan for my next GM post to zoom you guys through the travel to finally get to some action, so have no fears of many rounds of walking and talking posts to come. For this round, feel free to fill in some of the existing walking space with talking with each other, get to know Arwen maybe, perhaps take the time to share some findings (like I think some PCs still dunno that those fancy robed dudes claimed to be gods?), or just scoot past that and make your IC choice for a path forward known. Same as last time I made you guys make a group choice, I'll railroad you along to the majority pick or you can hash it out OOC, whatever you like. Feel free to poke me if you desire any chatter with NPCs.

And finally, here's that lore tidbit on Servitors I slacked on finishing to go with the previous GM post. It and other lore stuff can be found in that one post on the first page of this thread as well.

A transcription of the speech given by Godchaser Calus to an audience of clergy of many faiths in the Hall of Zeinos in the city of Macti:

Every cow within a mile of a small town in Alfhem territory gave birth to a two-headed calf on the same day. All of 'em, even the ones that hadn't seen a bull in months.

A flight of birds over Estalla dropped dead, and their corpses landed in a perfect circle around a well. The well was fresh minutes before, turned to seawater after the birds fell.

A man was found dead in his workshop in Skypeak, body cut into little cubes, but there wasn't even a drop of blood to be found. He'd been reparing a hammer, mundane work, nothing that could've backfired with disastrous effect.

All of these events happened in the last five years. What do they all have in common? One or more people disappeared close by, right about the same time. Every single one of these extraordinary events I've tracked down have had disappearances close by. None of them ever get properly solved. Only clue to be had is that sometimes strange people or Servitors are seen heading into that home before it happens. Folks assume it's just the work of the gods and move on.

That's not how I work. I did some digging, found some answers. Answers that'll shake you lot to your core. You poncy bastards in your robes, the lot of you together probably know less than half of what I knew about gods two decades past, and I've gone far beyond that now. I've got a question for you, rhetorical like. Think about your answer and what your fellow preists and clerics and so forth would say in response. You've all got the same answer, I'm sure.

Where do Servitors come from?

Aye, I can see it on your faces. The gods just snap their fingers and make Servitors out of nothing, right? Bullshit. Servitors are living things, not quite mortals but not quite gods either. They're a step in the middle, see? Now do you think the Goddess of Life would approve of every damned god worth remembering making living things to serve them? Prime Gods might get away with it, and some of the Middle Gods, but not the Small ones. That's just the obvious one who'd get mad, but there are plenty of gods who wouldn't take kindly to that kind of thing. Most of them have wings, but ever heard of the God of Air slapping them out of the sky? If they were just made out of nothing by the gods, why do they have free will enough to go off on their own and shack up with mortals to make little Scion babies? You'd think the gods would have better control of entities that they created with the snap of their fingers.

Truth is, they would be in full control if they just made the things. Read up on your lore, some have tried it before in days long gone and anything made by a single god was always a mindless servant. Servitors being able to deviate from the plan and do as they please is proof that they're something different. Does that remind you of any sort of creature, eh? Defying the gods to do as they wish, never mind the consequences? Sounds a lot like us mortals, doesn't it? Some of us, at least. Every year there's another idiot who tries to reverse time or revive a dead lover or some such nonsense. We've all heard the stories, but people keep on trying. You lot have heard the stories about Servitors being slain by their god after being caught shirking their duties, particularly if it was to go lay with a mortal. And yet they keep on doing it. That's mortal behavior, no doubt about it.

That's because they are mortals. Leastaways, they were mortals before becoming something else. I've got a pal who let slip a couple secrets in exchange for some of my wilder tales, and I think I know the truth now. See, the divine realms of the gods are chock full of that god's own power, so anything that lives there will be filled with that power. Mortals can be taken to those realms, and I've seen some ancient writing on stone walls that talks of mortals being given shelter from some great disaster by being taken into these divine planes of existence. What do you think you'd get if you threw a mortal into a great big pool of godly power and let them soak for some years? Servitors, that's what. These disappearing people, I'm certain they were taken to be made into Servitors. Every god I've asked where Servitors come from has avoided answering, in the normal way they do with empty mystical words and distractions. But when I ask if Servitors are mortals that've been brought into godly realms and changed by the power there? I've found it's a damn effective way to make 'em shut up and leave me alone, and I swear I've seen fear in a handful of divine eyes after asking. They might as well be shouting 'yes', the idiots.

There you go, you gilded nitwits, a piece of the grand truth to chew on. Hopefully you all choke on it and stop bothering me to come tell you about my findings.

Last edited:
its not up liar

edit: you can't just edit the previous one you cheating bastard!

• Nice Execution!
  • Haha
Reactions: Jorick and Pahn
HAHAHA OOPS I FUCKED UP AND EDITED THE PREVIOUS POST, MY BAD. Here's the actual new post. >_>

New lore thingy below this adventure log (and as always, be sure to read the IC post BEFORE looking further at this post if you don't want to be spoiled on what's up). You're also getting tossed into your first combat encounter, so get out there and kick some ass. Since combat should be a bit quicker, I can get GM posts out more quickly if you guys don't take two weeks to post (but that's still your end time limit). Remember, no declaring that your attacks hit or how effective they are, just explain your method of attack and what you're aiming at and the dice will decide your fate. 8D

Adventure Log #8
Time: 8:22 AM, 15 hours and 38 minutes remaining until midnight.
Living Townspeople: 1794

Major Objectives:

Damsel in Distress: Jehan, Lienne, and Griselda all learned there was some kind of kidnapping to the west. Amel, Wank, and Deidre heard from one of Lord Bornar's guards that his daughter, Lady Anessa, had been taken away across the river with the aid of "dark magics." She also suggested that there would be rich rewards for aid from adventurers, which was apparently confirmed by Sir Toleus speaking to Lord Bornar. After following what appeared to be the trail of the kidnapper, and travelling through some strangely distorted land to the strange tower west of town, the adventurers found a pack of demons waiting near the base of it.

Farmland Invaders: Jehan was told that there are some sort of invaders to the north, while Lienne and Griselda were told the same and that it might be orcs. Tanos Vir's vision of dead farmers probably holds some truth, at least. Lord Bornar's guards, under the leadership of Captain Holdan, seem to be going against Lord Bornar's orders to head north and deal with troubles there.

Minor Objectives:

Undead Animals: Something or someone has been making small animals undead. Thus far, the party has spotted a rat and a cat in this state. Griselda has apparently taken some interest in this matter, and she brought the skeletal cat into Lord Bornar's keep for some unknown reason. Whatever is going on here, necromancy is never good news. Perhaps it's worth a look, if time can be spared.

Player Actions:
Yazmina: Talked to folks and suggested splitting up.

Wank: Decided to continue on his quest to save the lord's daughter his future wife. He was the only one to see through the strange distance distorting magic, though he was unable to learn its exact nature.

Deidre: Declared intent to save the lord's daughter and to make sure Sir Toleus didn't get his way.

Jehan: Made no argument either way for which path to take, but encourged Wank to not waste a potion in case the lord's daughter ended up needing it.

Amel: Argued for going with Captain Holdan to the north, but he was overruled by the others. Was the only player character unable to see through the distance distorting magic at all, due to having no skill with magic of his own.

Arwen: Introduced herself and Masawa and tagged along for the adventure. Spotted the small magical constructs keeping the land around the tower pristine.

Now, for the lore thingy. For this one, the kinds of demons you're facing are pretty common knowledge (as far as demon lore goes). I leave it up to you all to decide whether or not your character can identify these things by name or not.

The full text of Summoner Evaro's Demonology Primer, a work written at the command of a general of the Mactian Empire's army for use in determining whether or not to supplement their armies with demons.

There are common misconceptions about demons that bear correction before all else: demons are neither manifestations of evil nor tied to the less reputable gods. They may do evil things, and those gods might at times have their interests align, but their nature is quite separate. Demons are in fact not part of our world, so far as we understand it. I have summoned and interrogated many demons, and they all speak of their own home as a separate place. They must cross through a barrier, a magical equivalent to a city wall that is miles thick, and it requires a great deal of power to pull even a small demonic entity through that barrier. This is why the darker breed of summoners rely on living sacrifices: there is great power in sacrificial magic, and even a novice could pull a soldier demon through to our world for the price of a child's life. Demons themselves are creatures of base impulses, which leads them toward acts we consider evil, but it is much the same as considering wolves evil for devouring a deer.

The second most important thing to speak of in relation to demons is this: NEVER SUMMON DEMONS! Yes, I am a hypocrite, but I have spent many years learning the follies of my own ways. Demons are far more clever than stories and biases would suggest, and the unwary summoner will become a demon's pet in no time. They are also extraordinarily powerful with magic. In the list below, be aware that everything listed below Succubi and Incubi are so dangerous that even lifelong Elvish masters of combat magic would struggle to defeat such a demon in a direct contest of power and skill. Maintaining control of a demon for a long period of time is very difficult unless you are vastly more powerful than them, thus even Succubi and Incubi are too dangerous for masters of the craft to hold for more than a few days at best. It is not just a matter of power: demons have spent countless years trying to burrow through the wall that separates them from our world, and though they have no had major success they have in general become very skilled at breaking through binding and sealing magics given enough time.

Finally, it is vital to understand that demons, while not evil in the moral sense, are prone to the conqueror's mindset. They wish to take and control whatever they can, and there have been cases of demons ruling over small villages for long periods of time before finally being slain. However, they also possess some level of collective interest with others of their kind. Most demons left to roam free tend to seek out magic users to manipulate into summoning more demons. This is the crux of their symbiotic relationship with we mortals: while the smallest and weakest demons can pass through the barrier in either direction with great effort, their stronger compatriots seem able only to return to their world with ease. Whatever created that blockage, presumably the gods, it was apparently designed to keep the strong ones locked up, in all my research I have never found an instance of a demon being able to summon others of its kind even with all their prodigious magical abilities. Mortal mages are less constrained, and with sufficient power they can summons demons that would never be able to set foot on our world otherwise. This is the main reason why one should never summon demons: if you do not die immediately, you will likely be manipulated or enslaved to bring more into our world, thus endangering the lives of all around your.

Proceed at your own risk, and may you die horribly if you fail to heed my warnings. The following is the list of categories of demons I have summoned or learned enough about to be confident in my description. Others certainly exist beyond this list, but I lack the information required to be sure of their natures or their role in their own world.

Familiars - Familiars are the weakest of demons, shapeshifting creatures who seem to have little other ability with magic. They most often take the form of animals (cats are a favorite) and try to bond with mages to convince them to summon more powerful demons. Some have been found living as animals in towns and cities, playing tricks on the people who live there rather than actively seeking a summoner as most of their kind do.

Imps - Small demons that appear much like deformed Goblins, generally much smaller than adult Goblins. Imps are weak enough to be kept as pets indefinitely by powerful mages, but they are foul little beasts good for little other than target practice. Their magic seems to be limited to throwing fire and minor acts of telekinesis.

Bonechewers - The strongest demons capable of burrowing their way into our world, but rather weak by demon standards. There are stories of ravenous undead, the creations of necromancers, terrorizing villages and consuming many people before being put down. Those tales are mistaken: risen corpses are slow and shambling things. Such creatures are in face Bonechewers, which appear as gaunt and nearly fleshless humanoids whose sole instinct seems to be to feed on any meat available. They are the only demons I have found to be incapable of intelligent communication.

Craft Demons - A very broad category, but they all generally are among the weakest of the class of demons that cannot break through the barrier on their own. These demons take a wide variety of appearances, many with more than a single set of arms, and their purpose in their own world is simple: create swords, armor, jewelry, and other useful or desired objects for their betters. They are all metalworkers (and from my studies it seems the world of demons lacks trees but is very abundant in metal), some focusing on processing metal and others on making it into specific implements. Craft Demons are among the most docile demons, and many have been used as slave labor to craft military armaments expediently for various rulers at different periods of history. They all turn on their masters in the end though, and like other demons they will try to convince mages to summon more.

Satyrs - For lack of a better term, Satyrs are the ambassadors of demonkind. They appear as hairy humanoids with heads like goats, but they speak eloquently when given the chance. The Satyrs I have spoke to argue that their kind are simply misunderstood, that they are prisoners who have been turned into monsters by countless centuries of captivity, and they urged me to summon more of their brethren to see the truth for myself. While they are brilliant conversationists, their true colors show when you deny their requests: if you are no use to their goal of bringing more demons to the mortal world, you are fit only for death. I suspect, but have not been able to confirm, that Satyr were crafted by one or more of the Archfiends specifically for the sake of seeking a way to bring them into our world. A horrifying thought, truly.

Gorehounds - So named for their penchant of tearing their summoners limb from limb immediately, thus spending their entire existence in our world covered in gore. They come in a variety of appearances, but all are quadrupedal and bear some resemblance to wolves. Much like Bonechewers, they seem to be driven by pure hunger, but they are capable of communication if properly restrained. Of all demons, Gorehounds are the most slippery in terms of escaping magic meant to hold or command them, thus their reputation for slaughtering those who summon them. They do indeed seem to prefer to first kill whoever brought them into the mortal world, making them at once the greatest danger to their summoner and the least dangerous in terms of causing other demons to be summoned.

Legions - More commonly called soldier demons. Legions are the demons that would form the rank and file of the armies of demons should the barrier ever come down and allow the creatures to seek to take our world as a whole, and they would likely succeed. The one Legion I was able to speak to (for most of them refused to cease trying to slaughter me) claimed that their kind were indeed the footsoldiers of the Archfiends in their world, used as pawns to settle disputes between the most powerful demons. They tend to look like overgrown Orcs, and their only interest seems to be fighting. Attempts to harness their strength as soldiers in mortal conflicts has usually turned out poorly, though there have been accounts of Legions being summoned directly into the midst of enemy forces and wreaking great havoc before they could be put down.

Succubi/Incubi - Possibly the same creature, possibly two separate types with similar abilities. Regardless, they are seducers in all ways. They weave powerful illusions to appear as regular mortals (though their true forms can easily be mistaken for Elf Scions cursed with horns and oddly colored skin), they convince unwary mages to bed them, they use further magic to enhance the experience immensely (I have dabbled and can confirm that no mortal woman could compare), and finally they flatter and sway their mortal lovers with honeyed words to get them to summon other demons. In their own way, Succubi and Incubi post the greatest threat to our world out of all demons, for subterfuge and seduction tend to be more effective than force.

Artisan Demons - A term of my own devising. They are technically very similar to Craft Demons, but there is a very key difference: they are capable of imbuing their creations with magic, rather than simply using magic in the process of heating and shaping metal like their lesser cousins. I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to summon one, but the Succubi I conversed with were all in agreement that such demons were more powerful than their ilk and also that they were a hotly contested resource for the Archfiends in their neverending power struggles.

Lurchers - Perhaps the most disturbing form of demon, Lurchers are also the most powerful kind I have ever heard of being summoned into our world. Their appearance in their own world is uncertain, and none of the demons I have spoken to were willing to say anything but that they are horrifying. In our world, they do not exactly have forms of their own. Rather, they must be summoned using a mortal body as a vessel, supposedly through a specific ritual that takes many hours and a lot of power to complete. Once summoned, they take over the body of their vessel and expand greatly in size, becoming massive creatures that appear to be formed entirely of bleeding muscles and shards of bone. Both times they were summoned, so far as I could find through research, they killed hundreds (one account suggest thousands) before they could be put down by many powerful mages working in unison.

Infernals - Though they are said to take many forms, Infernals are regarded by demons themselves as the most powerful entities in their world beside the Archfiends. Some work under the Archfiends as generals and the like, whereas others establish their own domains to rule over until an Archfiend destroys them for daring to rule over demons who rightfully belong to them (which, apparently, includes every demon incuding Infernals themselves). Some take the form of massive humanoids covered in scales with large wings spreading from their backs, others as dragons, and others still as creatures formed of stone and flame like a volcano come to life.

Archfiends - The rulers and most powerful demons of the realm beyond the barrier. Details are sparse, for lesser demons will often kill themselves rather than speak a single word of these creatures, but I have confirmed a few facts beyond those contained above. There are 9 Archfiends, and they keep the world of demons embroiled in near constant war thanks to their frequent disagreements and the ever-shifting alliances between them. The most talkative demon I ever encountered, a Craft Demon who made rings, was confident that these Archfiends are each powerful enough to crush hundreds of Infernals on a whim.

Reactions: Greenie
The dice were not in your favor today, my friends. It's a good thing you split your forces well enough to keep the baddies all occupied, otherwise there would be some dead NPCs up in this bitch. XD

Adventure Log #9
Time: 8:23 AM, 15 hours and 37 minutes remaining until midnight.

Major Objectives:

Damsel in Distress: Jehan, Lienne, and Griselda all learned there was some kind of kidnapping to the west. Amel, Wank, and Deidre heard from one of Lord Bornar's guards that his daughter, Lady Anessa, had been taken away across the river with the aid of "dark magics." She also suggested that there would be rich rewards for aid from adventurers, which was apparently confirmed by Sir Toleus speaking to Lord Bornar. After following what appeared to be the trail of the kidnapper, and travelling through some strangely distorted land to the strange tower west of town, the adventurers found a pack of demons waiting near the base of it.

Minor Objectives:

Player Actions:
Yazmina: Attacked the large soldier demon to back up Sir Toleus, landed a few blows but is now left in a position of fighting the creature face to face.

Wank: Hurled a huge fireball at the imps, but they banded together to shove it away. Received a serious injury from retaliatory fire bolts.

Deidre: Tried to hit the soldier demon in the head, but it ducked away at the last second and took the hit to the shoulder with little effect. Avoided being swatted out of the air.

Jehan: Joined Amel in taking down one of the satyrs.

Amel: Dismembered and executed one of the satyrs with Jehan's assistance.

Arwen: Sent Masawa to help Jehan and Amel, but seeing it already taken down he attacked the other satyr and got it on the defensive after Torgun failed to harm it. Fired icy arrows at the imps but couldn't land a hit, then avoided being injured by the retaliatory fire.

• Ah Seen It
This round was an almost total reversal of fortune from the last one, but there might still be some death because that soldier demon don't fuck around. 8D

Adventure Log #10

Major Objectives:

Minor Objectives:

Player Actions:
Yazmina: Braced herself for the incoming attack and readied to try to chop off the soldier demon's arm. Her plan mostly worked, but demon bone proved too tough to cut through easily.

Wank: Screamed in pain and created a fire net to catch enemy attacks and bounce them back. He managed to avoid further injury and exact some revenge.

Deidre: Aimed a leaping kick at the soldier demon's sword arm to divert the attack coming for Yazmina, and did so very successfully.

Jehan: Engaged the remaining satyr and tried to trip it with his staff.

Amel: Ran at the imps with his shield raised to distract them and let Wank get away. It was sort of effective, but not quite as he intended.

Arwen: Tried to shoot the imps with another ice arrow, caught two in a fatal blast. Masawa tried to take down the satyr without much luck.

Combat rolls this go around were quite amusing. RNGesus clearly made a firm decision this day. RIP in pieces, poor bastards who did not earn his favor. As usual, don't read the summary first unless you want the post spoiled.

Adventure Log #11

Major Objectives:

Minor Objectives:

Player Actions:
Yazmina: Rushed the soldier demon and swung for its leg. The combined attacks from her allies and her own sword made the demon quite vulnerable, so she took another go and struck what may well have been the killing blow (in conjunction with Whalebones and Torgun).

Wank: Futilely yelled at Amel, tossed some fire at the soldier demon's arm. The fire burnt the demon's shoulder badly and did not harm Sir Toleus.

Deidre: Took a breather and got to see the soldier demon get wrecked.

Jehan: Tossed his staff like a javelin at the soldier demon. Shockingly, it actually worked despite him not being able to actually properly see his target and having no significant training in javelin throwing.

Amel: Chased after the last imp and massacred it. Masawa helped a little.

Arwen: Sent Masawa to help Amel chase down the last imp and shot a fire arrow at the soldier demon. The arrow helped wreck the solider demon and was the ranged attack that most clearly helped bring the monster down.

Super simple round this time, with a lore addition to go with it (can be found below the adventure log or in lore post on first page). Next GM post will be December 17, or earlier if you all post before the 16th. 8D

Adventure Log #12
Time: 8:24 AM, 15 hours and 36 minutes remaining until midnight.

Major Objectives:

Damsel in Distress: Jehan, Lienne, and Griselda all learned there was some kind of kidnapping to the west. Amel, Wank, and Deidre heard from one of Lord Bornar's guards that his daughter, Lady Anessa, had been taken away across the river with the aid of "dark magics." She also suggested that there would be rich rewards for aid from adventurers, which was apparently confirmed by Sir Toleus speaking to Lord Bornar. After following what appeared to be the trail of the kidnapper, and travelling through some strangely distorted land to the strange tower west of town, the adventurers found a pack of demons waiting near the base of it. After defeating the demons, and losing Sir Toleus in the process (RIP doucheknight), the party headed inside the tower to find strange magic at work.

Minor Objectives:

Player Actions:
Yazmina: Spoke a few words for the dead, then headed into the tower.

Wank: Demanded healing from Amel, who then poured Wank's forgotten healing potion down his throat. Went along with the others into the tower.

Deidre: Talked shit to the dead, then made it into the tower first because that's how Deidre rolls.

Jehan: Retrieved his staff-turned-javelin before poking around at the entrance of the tower.

Amel: Looted Sir Toleus' fancy boots, though it will take some time studying them to figure out how exactly they work. Stuffed a healing potion in Wank's mouth before heading into the tower after the others.

Arwen: (No post due to power outage, but declared actions to me over Discord.) Praised Masawa for a job well done, then followed the group into the tower.

A section of the personal journals of Faen Godtouched, known as the only recorded Scion of Thanas'Atalias, the God of Gods. His writings, some five centuries or more old, are considered sacred among many religions due to their contents regarding his personal and amiable conversations with many different gods.

Today was the first time I have ever seen Idris grow angry, and I deeply hope it to be the last. After finding the silver-threaded cloak among my mother's forgotten possessions, I grew curious and researched where it might have come from. The answer was surprising and worrying, and so I asked Idris herself a question she had refused to answer for others: why do you so hate the Moon Lords? It was Idris' edict that banned them in my mother's time, long before she died, but as best I could find they were nothing but a group of scholars. Before the goddess would give me an answer, she made me swear that I would not seek to defy her will and follow in my mother's 'ill-fated footsteps', that I would leave the legacy of the Moon Lords in the grave where it belonged. A curious phrase regarding my mother joining the Moon Lords, but I accepted her terms as I sought only information to begin with.

Idris started by explaining to me that she was not always the Goddess of the Moon. Originally she was just the Goddess of Magic, and the purview of the Moon came later. Once, many years ago, there was another Goddess of the Moon: Sirra. Idris referred to her as her sister; many gods use such terminology for gods they had close personal relationships with, rather than to denote familial kinship, but I could not tell for certain if she meant it in this way. I could find no record of a goddess called Sirra, but this was apparently hundreds of years ago, before and during the chaotic times my grandfather spoke of vaguely when he was deep in his wine. Sirra at one point encouraged the Moon Lords, guided them on their way and helped them to learn more about the world. They later turned their backs on her in favor of Idris, and they proclaimed her their chosen goddess, but they did not change their name. In the age of chaos, the Moon Lords apparently were spread far and wide, with great influence, and it was only afterward that they waned into the secretive cult of scholars my mother joined. This influence, and their many and public proclamations of Idris as their guiding goddess, was enough to change the minds of mortals far and wide. Idris became the Goddess of the Moon in truth, not just by mistaken association, and Sirra faded away. She refused to elaborate on the nature of that 'fading', but it sounded as if she was speaking of someone long dead.

That piece of the story seemed to evoke more sadness than anything else in Idris. It was what followed that stoked her ire and made her eyes burn like icy blue forges. She glossed over the chaotic time and The Accord, as she always does when I ask about them, and explained what the Moon Lords became afterward. They sought not just knowledge in general and for its own sake, but rather they sought forbidden knowledge in order to empower themselves. She told me that it was a group of Moon Lords that performed some hideous ritual one hundred and fifty-four years ago that summoned a vile demon known as a Lurcher (I am not very learned on demon lore, but I have no reason to doubt Idris' explanation that they are the most powerful demons short of the Archfiends themselves), which killed hundreds of innocents before mortal sorcerers worked together to kill it. That was merely the greatest of their successful atrocities, she said, and the list of others she rattled off were too numerous to recount in detail. Theft and murders committed in tandem with theft seemed to be the key theme, which did not surprise me much. Their greatest crime, according to Idris, was that they very intentionally sought and uncovered forbidden knowledge regarding The Accord. My curiosity was thoroughly piqued, but it died down when she noted that she personally killed every last Moon Lord of the enclave in which the information was discovered, and afterward she destroyed every scrap of writing in that that hideout before pulling down the building as a whole.

It was after that incident that Idris had her high priests and priestesses across the land spread her decree that the cult of the Moon Lords must be abolished and outlawed, and that any who dared claim allegiance to that group would be deemed an enemy of Idris herself. It was that transgression, the uncovering of that which the gods had hidden away, that earned them the hatred of the Goddess of Magic (and the Moon, among other aspects). Idris assured me that there was no personal vengeance in the matter, no getting back at the Moon Lords for 'getting rid of' Sirra, but I have my doubts. The gods are ever mysterious, and few moreso than Idris. I was happy to change the subject to speaking of a new use I have found for my healing magic, the process of fixing seasonal allergies that occupied my spring work and writing this year, and we spoke at length of the details. It is always pleasant to converse with the gods on their preferred subjects of expertise, and this was no exception.

Idris of course asked me, before she left to attend to matters elsewhere, to keep her talk of the time before The Accord and the truth of the Moon Lords to myself. As much as I would love to share this information, I must keep my word. As usual with the most interesting things I learn from the gods, this shall remain our little secret, journal.

• Nice Execution!
I hustled things forward a bit at the end of this post to avoid having another round of "we go through the door," because that's boring af for everyone.

For this round, because it's some tricky shenanigans, you can ask via PM or on Discord to do a roll for whether or not you know certain things about the gods. I'll tell you right now that none of you know the answer outright in character, because this is forbidden knowledge, but you might know some nice little hints. 8D

Also, due to end of year shenanigans, I'll give you guys 3 weeks to post this round: posts due by the end of the day January 7th, GM post on January 8th (or ASAP if you guys all post before the due date).

Adventure Log #13
Time: 8:27 AM, 15 hours and 33 minutes remaining until midnight.

Major Objectives:

Damsel in Distress: Jehan, Lienne, and Griselda all learned there was some kind of kidnapping to the west. Amel, Wank, and Deidre heard from one of Lord Bornar's guards that his daughter, Lady Anessa, had been taken away across the river with the aid of "dark magics." She also suggested that there would be rich rewards for aid from adventurers, which was apparently confirmed by Sir Toleus speaking to Lord Bornar. After following what appeared to be the trail of the kidnapper, and travelling through some strangely distorted land to the strange tower west of town, the adventurers found a pack of demons waiting near the base of it. After defeating the demons, and losing Sir Toleus in the process (RIP doucheknight), the party headed inside the tower to find strange magic at work.

Minor Objectives:

Player Actions:
Yazmina: Carried Wank and searched fruitlessly for the exit for a while.

Wank: Got carried by Yazmina and didn't do much (aside from make her clothing stink).

Deidre: Jumped around slapping the ceiling, found the exit face-first.

Jehan: No post. Went foggy in the head and got lead to the exit by Masawa.

Amel: Booped the wall with his sword to look for illusory exits, but to no avail.

Arwen: No post. Went foggy in the head and got lead to the exit by Masawa.

No spoilers for the IC post (though the stuff in the adventure log has spoilers for sure), but if you guys wanna stand around and talk rather than act on Torgun's lead, feel free to do so. 8D

Unfortunately, Greenie has left the roleplay. Jehan has been taken by the power of shenanigans and is running off to do unknown things. You may or may not see him again, who knows.

For this round you guys have through the end of the 22nd of January to make posts, GM post to come on the 23rd.

Adventure Log #14
Time: 8:29 AM, 15 hours and 31 minutes remaining until midnight.
Living Townspeople: 1793

Major Objectives:

Damsel in Distress: Jehan, Lienne, and Griselda all learned there was some kind of kidnapping to the west. Amel, Wank, and Deidre heard from one of Lord Bornar's guards that his daughter, Lady Anessa, had been taken away across the river with the aid of "dark magics." She also suggested that there would be rich rewards for aid from adventurers, which was apparently confirmed by Sir Toleus speaking to Lord Bornar. After following what appeared to be the trail of the kidnapper, and travelling through some strangely distorted land to the strange tower west of town, the adventurers found a pack of demons waiting near the base of it. After defeating the demons, and losing Sir Toleus in the process (RIP doucheknight), the party headed inside the tower to find strange magic at work. After working through a couple puzzles, the party were made privy to a dangerous secret about the gods and then found the kidnapper at the top of the tower, using his own blood to apply runic marks to the kidnapped woman's unconscious body.

Minor Objectives:

Player Actions:
Yazmina: Warned against messing with the door and suggested some ideas for which hands to try.

Wank: No post. Went foggy in the head and got paired with Masawa to guide him for the time being.

Deidre: Had no patience for puzzles and said she'd head in from the broken roof if Amel dies.

Jehan: Completely taken by the leyline influence. He left the party heading down the stairs to the room they just left.

Amel: Disregarded the many hands and used his own... and was successful: the door opened and the same illusion from before revealed that gods were in fact ascended from living mortals.

Arwen: Didn't bother with trying to solve the puzzle and asked Amel if it was cool to loot his corpse after the door kills him.

• Useful
Next round of posts due by the end of the day February 6th, next GM post to come on the 7th.

Adventure Log #15
Time: 8:30 AM, 15 hours and 30 minutes remaining until midnight.
Living Townspeople: 1793

Major Objectives:

Damsel in Distress: Jehan, Lienne, and Griselda all learned there was some kind of kidnapping to the west. Amel, Wank, and Deidre heard from one of Lord Bornar's guards that his daughter, Lady Anessa, had been taken away across the river with the aid of "dark magics." She also suggested that there would be rich rewards for aid from adventurers, which was apparently confirmed by Sir Toleus speaking to Lord Bornar. After following what appeared to be the trail of the kidnapper, and travelling through some strangely distorted land to the strange tower west of town, the adventurers found a pack of demons waiting near the base of it. After defeating the demons, and losing Sir Toleus in the process (RIP doucheknight), the party headed inside the tower to find strange magic at work. After working through a couple puzzles, the party were made privy to a dangerous secret about the gods and then found the kidnapper at the top of the tower, using his own blood to apply runic marks to the kidnapped woman's unconscious body.

Minor Objectives:

Player Actions:
Yazmina: Charged in to attempt to non-lethally subdue the demon summoner, but got caught up in a reactionary defensive measure.

Wank: Came to the heroic aid of his "princess" by blasting fire at the two imps not targeted by Amel. It was halfway successful, and Torgun helped finish the job.

Deidre: No post, getting mind-diddled by leyline influence.

Amel: Told the summoner to stop and went for one of the imps, which died easily.

Arwen: No post, getting mind-diddled by leyline influence.