Not open for further replies.

rissa

the clairvoyant pterodactyl
Original poster
VENGEANCE
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Welcome to RONAAN'S REALM!
The OOC, as you can tell, is now open! The forum is still under heavy construction but I look forward to seeing you guys here in the OOC.

Reactions: alaska
First post~

Already told you, but I'm very, very excited for this! I had a question about something though. This part, which is almost the first sentence in the overview, slightly confused me: "Magic has received an explosion of new users while technology is constantly being developed. Combined, magic and technology has given RoNaan's Realm a chance to begin its own industrial age." What exactly is the level of technology? Given the overall pictures and information, I would've classed this as classic high fantasy, so not too crazy on that end, but maybe I'm totally wrong!

Could you give an example of what sort of technology is around? I'm sort of envisioning stuff like blackpowder and perhaps flintlock guns, but I want to make sure. (I know a few inventions have been touched on, so if you plan a technology post, then by all means, I'll wait for that! :D)

In any case, I'm so excited for this!

• Love
Reactions: rissa
I love a little Fantasy Setting. I see we're entering a Steampunk age. Out of curiousity, is there some sort of prequel for reading pleasure?

I would ask about many things, such as a bestiary, or what whether you'd like us to use specific kinds of pictures for descriptions, but I suppose waiting for the completion of the stuff would be nice before asking all that.

• Love
I am also extremely interested! I read through this back when it was first posted for the WaRP, so I need to go back over it and refresh myself, but I am very excited to apply. (:

• Love
@alaska
Nice questions! Though I apologize for confusing you. I didn't get to finish writing all of my lore before the WaRP contest was through - there will be a technology thread that will explain in depth the kind of technology they use. You mention black powder and guns, RR will have them, to an extent. Fireseed is essentially gunpowder, but you must remember that all of the technology in RoNaan's Realm is aided by magic. Crow is partially right when she says RR is entering a "steampunk" era. I would compare their technology to about late 1700s to early 1800s.

@Crow
What exactly do you mean by prequel? I have a few things written for RR -- but seeing as it was a story idea turned roleplay, I'm not sure how lore worthy it'd be. xD There is a bestiary in the works, I just need to finish it and as for pictures (I'm assuming you're talking about FC) I'd prefer realistic artwork and RL pictures. No anime please.

@Nav
NICE TO SEE YA! :3

@everyone, I don't mind questions, ask away!

• Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: Nav and sun.
Sounds good, I can work with that. :D

I must ask though: Are the more sentient beasts open to be played, or would you rather not? Like... I dunno, a Pixy would be pretty darn cool.

I must ask though: Are the more sentient beasts open to be played, or would you rather not? Like... I dunno, a Pixy would be pretty darn cool.

For now, PC's will only be able to choose from the sentient races. Once the roleplay starts going steadily and we have a larger cast, I'll open up a few of the more sentient beasts. I.e. pixys, centaurs, and fairies.

• Thank You
Reactions: sun.
@alaska
I forgot to mention that for certain IC circumstances, users could potentially create NPCs that are not of the sentient races. For example: If your character was a halfling who frequently visited a pixy for Contractual purposes or, if you're PC is one of the nobles of Orcosea and Marsea and has bonded with a fairy. It is all very circumstantial but as long as it's realistic and lore-worthy I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Just remember that NPCs should enhance your character's story. They're not meant to be secondary characters, as multiple characters are allowed and in fact, encouraged.

• Useful
Reactions: sun.
I'm definitely interested in this world you've created, and would love to be a part of it in the future. I do have some questions though. I understand this is fairly new though so if you are planning on explaining the answer to these questions in a separate thread then there is no need to bother.

Firstly, when I was looking over what magics the races could individually perform, many could be attuned to 'Doorways'. Are Doorways synonymous with the High Elements or are they a different tier entirely? Given there's no mention of them in the brief on magical mechanics, and most of the race descriptions seem to reference them, I was wondering if I've missed some description somewhere or am just getting the two confused.

Secondly, do the Lecyri have any magical capabilities? There doesn't seem to be any mention to magic in their description, which is interesting given how most of--if not all--the other races seem to be attuned to some tier of the tetrad.

I would also ask more about RoNaan and the Netherwell, but I'd guess that you're probably going to get to that at some point. I'm really looking forward to where this goes, and wish you the best nonetheless on building a persistent world. It's probably going to be a hell of a task, so good luck and hopefully I'll be able to experience it for myself when this all gets off the ground.

• Love
@Radio Jelly
Thank you! Also, thank you for reminding me that I did not mention the Lecyri's attunements. Dx

The Doorways are two elements from each of the Middling and High Tiers that are accessible to people who aren't attuned to said Tier. I didn't mention them because frankly, I didn't have enough time to finish writing all the information. Oops. The four elements that make up the Doorways are as followed: theurgy, alchemy, augmentation, and transmutation. Doorways could possibly be considered their own tier, but they stay separate because one attuned to the Doorways is not attuned to the tier which said element comes from, just that element.

And yes, the Lecyri do have magical capabilities. They're attuned to the Low, Middling, and Doorway elements.

What would you like to know about RoNaan and the Netherwell? I'm open to any and all questions. I want to make sure the forum stays alive whilst I finish all this construction. And thank you again, it means a lot!!

Last edited:
Alright I think I get the Doorways now. So if I had a character that was of a race capable of Middling tier magic, I assume that---regardless of if they are also capable of Doorway tier magic---that would not exclude them from conjuration, theurgy, and augmentation which are all Middling tier Doorways, right?

With RoNaan I was mostly interested in what exactly he was. The general tidbits sprinkled throughout the locations and races sections seem to suggest to me he was a conqueror of some kind, or maybe spiritual figure? Just wanted to get a better understanding of what people revered/reviled him for exactly.

I was mostly just curious about the general state of the Netherwell. What exactly is it?

Correct! Doorways are for those who aren't already attuned to the higher elements of the tetrad. Yet for those who are attuned, it does not exclude them from having said elements. ALSO I just realized I messed up. >.> Doorway elements include: theurgy, alchemy, augmentation, and transmutation. Not conjuration. Jeesh, Radio, thank you x100000.

In essence, RoNaan is exactly what you just surmised (at least to the PC's). It's been over three thousand years since RoNaan died and there are very few people who're still alive that remember him in the flesh. Myth and legends surround RoNaan in almost every aspect of life. RoNaan was a Roanite elf (who were called Ocorian elves in his day) that conquered the world in order to save it. His March to Arannova, while extremely important to understand who RoNaan is and what he did for the realm, will be explored within the roleplay as it contains serious spoilers as to what happens once the Netherwell breaks open. To many, he is indeed a spiritual figure, especially to the Roanites within Orcosi.

The Netherwell is a portal to other realms. Without giving too much away, it is what keeps the realm in a state of relative peace. There is a secret guild within Marsea that oversees the wellbeing of the Netherwell. That guild will come into play shortly after the roleplay kicks off.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Radio Jelly
I just need to finish it and as for pictures (I'm assuming you're talking about FC) I'd prefer realistic artwork and RL pictures. No anime please.

Can I use fullon descriptions?

Can I use fullon descriptions?
As in no pictures? Absolutely! Just be sure to describe in full detail how your character looks.

Heya Mate!
How are you?
So finally this roleplay is up! Awesome:3

Quick question, is this roleplay one reply a month? I read it was soft-paced and i assumed it meant that. I just want to make sure cause if it is one reply a month, I'm so down to join :)

Let me know!

Oh also! How severe are you in like censorship? Cause I had the experience where I set up a whole character and all. Then I just end up talking with the GM and apparently just in my BIO of the character, there was too much detail on the killing (even if I actually really just wrote one sentence saying the character was decapitated... in my opinion).

So my question is... Are you moderating censorship when it comes to violence and things that come with it (like abuse, rape, etc.)?

Aaand it's me again, with yet another question. Do Sylphaeran have any sort of nobility/royalty, or is their society democratic? Perhaps even something entirely else?

Also what would a mid-twenties human equate to for a Halfling? Since their life expectancy is a little more than double of humans, I figured perhaps early 40s, but maybe their aging periods are different, so I wanted to ask. :)

Last edited:
@B l u E s & @alaska
Great questions! I'm currently getting dressed for work amd I'll have your answers asap!

Also what would a mid-twenties human equate to for a Halfling? Since their life expectancy is a little more than double of humans, I figured perhaps early 40s, but maybe their aging periods are different, so I wanted to ask. :)
I was figuring the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.