Pillow Talk

K

Kitti

How many pillows do you use to sleep?

Do you prefer fluffy pillows or firm ones?

Do you sleep on your back, side, or stomach?

In order:

At least three + 1 stuffed animal.

Somewhere in the middle. I like firm, but with really soft sheets or like my big fluffy pillow.

I toss and turn, but sleep best on side and stomach, usually right in the middle holding a pillow to keep me propped at this odd angle.

In order:

At least three + 1 stuffed animal.

Somewhere in the middle. I like firm, but with really soft sheets or like my big fluffy pillow.

I toss and turn, but sleep best on side and stomach, usually right in the middle holding a pillow to keep me propped at this odd angle.
Is the stuffed animal for cuddling?
I usually have a pillow that I use to keep my chin propped up (because I sleep on my stomach).

Is the stuffed animal for cuddling?
I usually have a pillow that I use to keep my chin propped up (because I sleep on my stomach).
Yeah. Just need something to hold.

Fluffer.
Back/stomach, never the side.

My bed has many pillows but I only use one.
I like slightly firm.
I need to work on sleeping on my back for spine reasons but more often than not I am on my side.

In total I have 5 pillows, but I sleep on 2 and cuddle into pillow 5 to just hug. I prefer them to be soft, and right now I toss and turn but normally I sleep on my left.

I use at least two pilllows, fluffy ones. I feel like if I used anything firmer it would just hurt my neck. lol

I'll sleep in any position, but usually my side. Although, laying on your back to sleep is also hella nice.

I'm a tummy sleeper, as I mentioned before, and I wish that I could sleep on my back instead because it seems way better for a handful of reasons but I just can't get comfortable if I'm not on my stomach.

I usually sleep with one pillow (firm, memory foam is best) under my head and a fluffier one under my arm to prop up my chin.

Reactions: SerpentJournal
Pillows? Only the weak require pillows.

I sleep with one. Any more than that is too much, especially since everything just ends up on the ground by morning.

:cookie:

How many pillows do you use to sleep?
ermmm ... I mean .... Technically, I only need the one for my head, but then I have one that fills in the space between my mattress and bed frame/mini headboardy thing, one that I use for extra back support when I sit in bed [I have no use for it laying down, but am told to keep it on the bed regardless], my actually back cushion (which... again, I only really use when I'm sitting >.>), and my body pillow that is mainly for my knees.... sooo I guess five-ish, not counting like decorative things or stuffed animal-pillow pet type things :P

Do you prefer fluffy pillows or firm ones?
Firm ... matress too ... everything has to be firm, and cold (preferably... I guess temperature doesn't actually matter that much since I usually cocoon myself in a blanket)

Do you sleep on your back, side, or stomach?
kinda depends on the night and how much pain I'm in tbh ... but usually I start on my right side. If I'm having a good night then I wake up the same way (or possibly having rolled to my stomach), if it's a rough one I may have created a whole new yoga position without even knowing it.

I also need strongly oppose the thought of not having my teddy (yes, I am an adult ... yes, I still sleep with a stuffed bear...). Though I don't consider the stuffed animal a pillow, a do basically cuddle with Teddy every night (unless I'm away ... I don't take it out of the house... I'd definitely loose it or rip it somehow).

Reactions: Kitti
Two-three pillows. One firm pillow beneath my head, and a fluffy one to cover my face with. The third pillow I'd place beside me but otherwise don't really use. These days though my pup has taken that space.

I tend to change positions when I'm sleeping, but normally I prefer sleeping on my back.

• Haha
I usually sleep with two, one firm one under a softer and fluffier one for comfort. But usually the more pillows I have around me, the easier it is for me to fall asleep, I dunno why it just helps make me feel really cozy. Sometimes I even have a long pillow under my feet/ankles to help my hip pain and any stuffed animal I can grab I'll use to cuddle.

I always fall asleep on my side but when I wake up I'm usually on my belly since I toss and turn. c:

I sleep with two stiff couch pillows and a soft bed pillow - support and comfort. When I have someone over, I use three couch pillows and and two bed pillows, cos they're divisible like that.

When I get in bed I lay on my front to stretch. Then I lay on my side to think/listen. Then I sleep on my back so that my head is nestled between the couch pillows.

I use five pillows. One is a flat firm pillow. It's the base pillow, to get the right height with the second pillow. The second pillow is a softer cotton filled pillow over that for my head. Two memory foam pillows I hadn't like, I use one under each arm. I read that this would reduce neck pain and it certainly has in my case. I also have another pillow I put over the side of my head. That's just a weird thing I do. It mostly covers my ear so no sounds wake me in the night.

I use five pillows. One is a flat firm pillow. It's the base pillow, to get the right height with the second pillow. The second pillow is a softer cotton filled pillow over that for my head. Two memory foam pillows I hadn't like, I use one under each arm. I read that this would reduce neck pain and it certainly has in my case. I also have another pillow I put over the side of my head. That's just a weird thing I do. It mostly covers my ear so no sounds wake me in the night.
Sleeping in between pillows so the mossies don't get you.

I sleep with 4 pillows, 3 small ones to prop up my head and 1 big one.

Every time I see the title of this, I think of that Lil Dicky song.

(To answer the question though and not be that person who makes a random ass comment without contributing): 1 pillow, it's one of those foam ones with a cooling gel on the other side. I love fluffy down pillows but I'm allergic to the feathers, it's a real bummer. And I flip-flop from side sleeper to straight up starfish.

• Haha
1-2, depending on how bad my knees are doing. I prefer firm pillows. I mostly sleep on my sides or back. I'm trying to get out of doing the former, though, since I think it is the primary source of my shoulder/neck pains.

1-2, depending on how bad my knees are doing. I prefer firm pillows. I mostly sleep on my sides or back. I'm trying to get out of doing the former, though, since I think it is the primary source of my shoulder/neck pains.
When you sleep on your back, do you prop your head up? It may be worth using a thin, wimpy pillow for this.