5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
A picture is worth a thousand words, as is often quoted.

How does the picture below speak to you? Perhaps as a poem? Perhaps a roleplay idea? Maybe a story?

Whatever comes to your mind, write those words down! All is well and welcome, whether a couple of sentences or more!

35e195ee101311bb05ee46d9a4774a33.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Cactus
"Do you think they're mad at us, Ezekiel?" Marah blinked into the distance, chewing the inside of her cheek after she spoke. After a few moments of silence, she turned to look up at him again. "Ez?"

"I don't know." He finally breathed out, scuffing his feet into the grass as he shared a glance with his sister towards the horizon. Nothing was the same anymore. "We should have told them."

Told them what? Told them about how they knew this was coming? Told them about the reason they ran away from the city, leaving them there to die?

"We couldn't have, they wouldn't have believed us. We're just kids, right?" Marah reached over and started to pet their dog, which responded with labored breathing, and soft wags of the tail onto the grass. "I've never seen the sky look so beautiful though," she commented, giving her best shot at a smile given the situation.

Ezekiel gave a half-hearted smirk and pulled up the collar of his shirt to cover his nose, watching as the flakes flew up into the sky. To anyone else, from a distance these may appear to be firebugs, and you know what, that was a completely fine thought. Let others live in their blissful moments. "You know, Marah," he spoke, muffled by the fabric. "I wonder why the smoke is purple."

"Iodine."

There was a tension that filled the air between them, before Ezekiel started kicking his feet again. "Marah, we need to get going. We won't be safe from the toxins much longer. Pull up your shirt and cover your nose, we've got to go."

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Greenie
Kala pawed silently up behind the two charges and sat looking up at the night sky. Did these two realize who they were? He doubted it. They were too young to understand destiny or fate, and they hadn't even realized that they could talk to him yet, but he was sure the older one would soon enough. Especially now that he'd understood that he needed to get his sister out of that place and safely away.

Kala tried once more, "Derek...we must keep moving. They are too close."

Derek blinked and looked down at the tiny kitten, "What did you say?"

Kala perked up, "FINALLY!! I said...they are too close. We are the protectors...keep Layla moving. She must be safely away or all is lost."

Layla looked up at her brother, "I didn't say anything...I was just looking at the stars. They are so beautiful tonight..."

Derek glanced over at Layla and smiled gently, "Yes they are. have you rested enough? We need to keep going. I can piggy back you...."

Layla hopped up and smiled, "Really?"

Derek squatted down, "Really..." his gaze moved to the kitten and he nodded. Maybe he was losing his mind, maybe not, but he DID know they would come looking and try to take them back to the asylum and that could NOT happen.