5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
A picture is worth a thousand words, as is often quoted.

How does the picture below speak to you? Perhaps as a poem? Perhaps a roleplay idea? Maybe a story?

Whatever comes to your mind, write those words down! All is well and welcome, whether a couple of sentences or more!

153c284e244f2a56e49dfbe1c8c8ebb7.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Spekkun
King Rell held Penelope in his arms as his gaze fell to the fiery destruction below the window of their bedroom. The zealots had finally found him, and they would not rest this time until they saw his blood running freely and the life leaving his body. He'd cheated death for a very long time, and it seemed his luck had finally run out.

"You must flee, my Love," he whispered as his hands stroked up and down those soft arms one last time.

"I will not leave you."

"You must. They do not know of you and will not harm you if you are not found here with me. You must flee for the sake of our child...my legacy..."

Tears filled her eyes, blurring his beloved face. "He will live to avenge you."

"Do not fill him with hatred love...I deserve my fate..."

"Do not speak so."

His hand cupped her face gently, "Penny...my dear love...I was evil...so evil before I met you. I wish it were not true, but it is. promise me you will allow our son to choose another path. That he will be a man of honor and righteousness..."

"I promise." She whispered as he moved them to the far wall and touched a torch holder. The wall made a hideous scraping noise revealing a winding staircase. "What is this?"

"It is the path to freedom and life," he explained.

"Then come with me.." she begged in a choked voice pulling on his belled sleeve.

"I cannot...they will never stop looking for me. You will never be safe. Go now and live, and teach our son the ways of light." he gently led her into the staircase and then watched as the wall scrapped and scratched back into place and obscured her beautiful face from his sight. Drawing in a deep breath he left their room and descended the wide stairway to the open grand foyer of the castle. Already they were burning the large wooden doors, which began to crack and pop as it was destroyed by the flames.

He stood at the foot of the stairs, willing to accept his fate and atone for the sins of his past. The zealot army crashed through the charred remains of the door and rushed upon him, swords piercing and slicing into his flesh in their fury, none of them registering the fact that he was not fighting back or defending himself until the general held his sword aloft and halted the battle. His confused gaze fell on the face of his sworn enemy and saw there a peaceful smile as the king's blood covered the marbled floor of the foyer.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie