5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
A picture is worth a thousand words, as is often quoted.

How does the picture below speak to you? Perhaps as a poem? Perhaps a roleplay idea? Maybe a story?

Whatever comes to your mind, write those words down! All is well and welcome, whether a couple of sentences or more!

72d3d39e6a66e0a3f36b2f02e3715431.jpg

Kendra stood in the crypt of the ancient god and cast the spell that would summon forth his power and wisdom. Her hand held aloft as she recited the ancient words memorized with such care not so long ago. As she spoke the words the statues along each wall came to life, drawing their weapons and training them on her. She continued on fighting the fear that welled up within her and threatened to steal her will and courage. Tears stung her eyes as she finished the recitation and fisted her hand waiting for the call to be answered.

Her lips trembled as it seemed she was not found worthy, but then the enormous head of the wolf god Bylur appeared above and around her. Tears now of relief fell freely from her eyes as she beheld him.

"You do not bow before me?"

Kendra fell to her knees immediately, "Forgive me Lord Bylur. I am your constant servant."

"I know."

She did not look up, but she was shocked nonetheless. "You honor me to be aware of my service."

Bylur watched her. She had no idea that she was the last of his followers and that all others had abandoned him long ago. "Why have you come Kendra?"

"Lord Bylur. I beg mercy for my people. They are overrun by the Westerly Orc horde. We are simple farmers, not warriors. We deal peaceably with all and turn none away. And for this we are rewarded by treachery, slavery and death. I beg you...avenge us. We have not forgotten you. I have not forgotten you."

Bylur lowered his head and his large nose nudged at her shoulder. "Rise Kendra."

Reluctantly she did so and looked up at him.

Bylur could no more turn away his last follower than he could deny himself the pleasure of this meeting. "I shall avenge you Kendra. My armies will fight for you."

"How can I ever thank you Lord Bylur?"

"Never forget me." The weakened god left the safety of his crypt with his stone armies and fought for the one follower who had never left him, knowing he was not strong enough to survive the battle, but glad he could avenge her and see that she was safe.