Interactions: Everyone
Outfit: Usual Attire

"Mael, wait! Do you have your lunch for the train?"

"Got it covered, Mom."

"You've got your PokéNav?"

"Yes, thanks Joy."

"And your emergency underwear?"

"Geez, Joy! Yes."

"Alright girls, that's enough. Leave your little brother alone... But you're sure you've got everything, sweetie?"

"Yes, Mom." Mael said with a soft laugh, gently putting his baseball cap onto his head. "Man, the way you guys are talking, you'd think I was leaving forever."

Nurse Joy sighed and smiled at her son, crossing her arms as she stared at Mael. He was so much like his father, it was almost uncanny. "I know, Mael. I guess I'm just nervous about my little man leaving home." she said, her sweet voice concealing a tinge of sadness.

Mael turned away from the hall closet, smiling confidently at his mother and older sisters. To most, it would be near impossible to determine which of them was the oldest or the youngest, but Mael knew the difference. His mother had the kindest eyes and was noticeably taller than her sisters, the eldest daughter always had one stray hair that could never stay in place, and the youngest daughter was by far the shortest, but she was also the strictest and hadn't been afraid to lecture negligent trainers whenever they brought in their Pokémon for treatment. It was the small things; but Mael knew how to identify them with relative ease.

Smiling at his mother, Mael took a few steps forward and gently pulled her into a much-needed hug. Though Nurse Joy was taken by surprise by the sudden embrace, she soon softened up and hugged her son back. Soon, Nurse Joy joined in, followed shortly by Nurse Joy. Even their pet Herdier, "Stewart", joined in with the fun and nuzzled up to Mael's leg, happily barking at his owner. "I'll call you guys every day, don't worry. I love you all so much." Mael said, closing his eyes as he enjoyed what could very well be the last time he saw his family for quite some time.

Speechless and resisting the urge to cry, Nurse Joy held onto her son tighter, desperate to keep her baby boy from leaving. But she couldn't. It was his dream to become a Pokémon Master just like his father, and she wanted the best for her son. Mael needed to spread his wings like a Pidgeot and explore the Holon region and anywhere else he wanted to go until one day, he would return home after having the experience of a lifetime and an unforgettable journey.

A deep sigh passed her lips again as she pulled away from the hug, watching as Mael and his sisters backed away too. Wiping a tear from her eyes, Nurse Joy smiled at her son and spoke one last time. "T-The train... Will be here a-a-any... Any minute now... Y-You should... G-Get going, sweetie." sputtered the blubbering mother, trying desperately not to break down in front of her son.

An embarrassed blush spread across Mael's face as he saw his mother getting all emotional. She was always like this, especially around him, but Mael had to admit; it was better to have a mother who cared too much than a mother who cared too little. He nodded at her, quickly tossing on his backpack as he made his way towards the door. Pushing it open, Mael took one last glance back at his family and waved softly at them before he slowly crept out of the doorway and out onto the patio.

tumblr_mnw65xIWhn1s6890oo7_1280.jpg

Taking a deep breath of that fresh country-side air in, Mael glanced out over the horizon that stood before his family's quaint homestead. The train station was only a few miles away; an easy bike ride, but also a pleasant walk. Placing his hands on his hips proudly, Mael nodded to himself and quickly made his way down the staircase leading up to the porch. His excitement was building and he could feel a deep energy bursting from within him. As he made his way down the road, he began to run, a wide smile creeping over his face.

His journey, had begun.

--------------

Cross-Holon Railroad - Final Destination: Lavendillure Town

Car-Overland-Trail-int.jpg

It didn't take long for the train to arrive at the station, but Mael had to admit that he wasn't expecting such a luxurious trip. Though the train looked like any other on the exterior, the interior was something else entirely. What made things even more special was the fact that Professor Cypress had personally paid for a VIP car specifically for the aspiring trainers in the "Better Together" program. Of course, there had been many trips along the way and Mael wasn't the first to be picked up, but it was still very exciting for the young man. Not only would he have a chance to meet some of the people he would be travelling with before they got their Pokémon, but he would also be able to put his feet back and relax in the comfort of a private area rather than sit uncomfortably with his bag in the more crowded sections of the train.

As he entered the cabin, Mael observed quite a few people; two young boys with matching apparel (Mael wondered if they were twins or if they had the same genetic trait that all female members of his mother's family possessed), a brunette girl wearing a Pokémon Ranger uniform, a blue-haired boy with big headphones on, a black haired boy who seemed to be a little older than he was, and girl with dark skin and braided hair. Smiling happily at them all, Mael waved softly and proudly announced "Hi! I'm Mael; guess we're going to be Trainers together, huh? Well, it's nice to meet you all!"

fright

Pok%C3%A9_Ball_summary_IV.png
Toby
Interactions:
Everyone :D

”It won’t be too long before I’m back,” Toby said with a slight shrug, ”Maybe I’ll bring home another Mightyena for you to hang out with.”

At present, Tobias was laying sprawled on the ground in the pokemon cemetery, with his head resting on the body of a fair-sized Mightyena. The canine under him let out a noise that Toby understood perfectly well as a sort-of-laugh.

I would much rather you just brought you home.

”Well yeah. Of course I’m coming home, buddy,” and he ruffled the dark gray-and-black fur of his companion. This time the Mightyena’s noise was a bit more appreciative.

”Alright. We better get back to the house, it’ll be about time to head to the docks soon…”

Tobias leaned on the railing of the ferry, just watching the waves and the pokemon within them. A school of Finneon and Lumineon had followed them almost right from the docks of Arikou, and they had occupied the blue haired boy for most of the ride. For some reason, Finneon and Lumineon regularly slipped his mind in terms of water pokemon.

But they are pretty. He smiled at the thought. He had even seen the glow of some probably-confused Staryu far down in the depths, though it’d been faint with the bright light of the sun. It’ll be a lucky day, I think, he decided.

He felt his PokeNav vibrate in his pocket; a slightly more updated version with texting capabilities and he had to laugh as he pulled the device free and popped it open.

"Man. I knew she was going to regret not loading up on the ferry with me," he said to the open air as he swiped through the message his mother had just sent him.

Tobias had been preparing for his journey for quite a while, like most trainers in the Better Together program. His family had figured, together, that it was pretty pointless to get all of them on the ferry to watch him catch a train in the next town over, but of course his mom was already sending him messages.

"Oh well. Nothing she can really do about it from there," he grinned. His mom was a little bit afraid of riding on pokemon. All pokemon, it didn't matter which. Anything from a Ponyta to a Lapras was uncomfortable to the woman. Tobias found it funny; she didn't. His dad did too; she still didn't.

I'll have to make friends with something big. Like. Wailord sized! And bring them home and tell Mom she ought to ride on them... the grin flashed across his face again, making his eyes sparkle and glint with amusement, and just a little mischief. Maybe he had been influenced just a little bit by the ghost types hanging around the cemetery...

It didn't take long for Tobias to reach Lodomain Town, and as he stepped off the ferry he shifted his headphones in to place. He wouldn't have much time to relax like this once everyone had met up, and so he added a little more brightness to his day in the form of music as he claimed a bench in the train station with his eyes closed and his head tilted back, idly drumming his fingers to the beat only he could hear at the moment.

Waiting was always the worst part. He was fidgety and anxious enough that he didn't even notice the presence of another member of the program waiting nearby...

By the time Mael stepped on the train and said his hellos, Tobias had bolted on and claimed a seat. Hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait. It seemed to be a theme for Toby, and he didn't seem to quite get the fact he'd have to do less waiting overall if he were just a little less rushed when he could do something. As the other boy started to speak, Tobias was pushing the headphones back off his ears, having had similar thoughts of getting to know the other folks around him that he'd be traveling with.

"Hiya. My name's Toby, nice to meet you," he said, flashing a grin, "I'm excited to see what kind of adventure we all get up to together."

Team

None​

1b3f4dd11243c962537114f255a64584--pokemon-crystal-pokemon-oc.jpg

Aaron Stride
Location - stride mansion, limo, train station
Mentioned -
Interacts with everyone.

Aaron Stride walked around his room looking one last time at everything he had to leave. He felt two very conflicting feelings. On one hand this is something he had been waiting for along time, to be able to become his own man. To become Aaron instead of the son and grandson of the legendary Stride Men. On the other hand this was the only life's he's known. He has been on the same strict schedule since he could walk. His life was here, his Pokemon were here. He had to say good bye to everything and start from scratch. Aaron took in a deep breath and closed his bedroom door symbolizing ending the chapter of this part of his life.

Downstairs Aaron's father and Grandfather were packing enough luggage for 3 people. Aaron walked up. "What's with all the bags? I'm not gonna be able to carry all this junk." His father turned and patted his son on the head. "Well you caught us. We are going to meet you at the professor's lab." Aaron's jaw dropped. "No, you can't. I was supposed to do this on my own." His grandfather chimed in. "Come now Aaron, we are just going to see you off from the professor's lab. You are obviously going to be doing this on your own." Aaron nodded as his Grandfather ushered him into the Limo.

As Aaron rode with his guardian to the train station he was bombarded by the same old stories from their days as trainers. His father was telling his favorite story, Aaron knew it so well he mouthed the words while his father wasn't looking. "So it was me and my first Pokemon Bulbasaur, he had already taken a devastating volley of quick attacks from this Eevee is was trying to catch." He was a level 21 and Bulbasaur was only level 10 but he dodged a swift attack and finished him with a tackle into the base of a tree. That's when I pulled out my poke ball and boom! Right in the forehead." His father and grandfather started laughing. "Ahh yes, you know Aaron I also chose Bulbasaur as my partner. He is a great partner, great defense as well as offense a perfectly balanced Pokemon."

Aaron sunk into his seat but popped up when he saw the train station. "Right here's fine." Aaron said as he jumped out of the Limo a block away. "Oy, Aaron." His father yelled out. "Let him go son, he's eager to get started, we'll meet him at the professor's lab. Oh by the way do you have the gift we talked about?" His father chuckled and pulled out a poke ball. "Freshly caught this morning"

Aaron pulled his back pack on and ran to the station. He felt free, so much so he shouted "yes!!!!" He ran into the building checked in and hopped onto the train. He quickly walked down the train a huge smile on his face. He couldn't wait to meet his companions and he couldn't wait to meet his first pokemon. He finally found it. He took a deep breath opened the door. "Hi, I'm Aaron Stride pleased to meet you."

Reactions: Reythaak