Pokemon: Soul Link

Name: Nero Valentine
Appearance:
e290ad53368704314c70186d0fa557e4.jpg

Motto:
"Oh come now, let's chip the ice off your heart,"
Personality:
Nero is calm and cool like ice, but he has a soft warm heart. He loves people and pokemon. Nero isn't really all that social but he doesn't actively avoid it. He's generally a good guy to be around as he just exudes an aura that makes people comfortable around him. Nero prefers to listen instead of talking in most conversations and enjoys listening to people talk about things that make them excited or happy. He's also great to vent to since he listens to people's problems and gives them really good advice.
History:
Nero grew up in a household that was run like a tyranny, children where to be seen not heard. So he grew up pretty withdrawn and quiet, he use to spend a lot of time at the local lake. It was the one place where he could just talk and talk and no one would yell at him for talking to much. Since he spent so much time at the lake he took care of the shrine and kept the area around the lake clean. This lead to Suicune taking notice in him, the north wind pokemon saw how well he took care of the lake and investigated him. A young Nero didn't know this beautiful blue pokemon was a legendary and treated him like any other pokemon he had met. He would share his snacks with the aurora pokemon and would brush his mane for him. They formed a strong bond and when Nero was getting ready to go on his pokemon journey he went to tell his pokemon, that's when Suicune told him through telepathy who he was and offered to join him since he had such a kind and loving heart.
Crush: none at the moment
-listening to people talk
-Ice, glaciers, the cold
Dislikes:
-the heat, doesn't like being to hot
-being yelled at
-seeing nature being harmed
Other info:

Partner: North Star
Appearance:
latest

Personality: North Star is generally calm, but he can also being snarky and sarcastic. He tends to enjoy messing with Nero. His favorite thing though is to run over bodies of water with Nero on his back.
Moveset:
Tailwind
Calm mind
Scald
Ice beam
Ability:
Pressure
History:
North Star spent all his time before Nero running around Johto and purifying any body of water that needed it. He decided to join Nero because of how kind and caring his heart was. He's actually surprised by how much he enjoys being a part of Nero's team.

@Cresion Breezes Everything looks to be in order! You are clear for take off. Accepted

Also! im gonna introduce a new "mechanic" to the Rp. -drum roll-:

THE CASTFORM REPORT! Weather will influence allot of things in the Rp such as wild pokemon and some moves(kind of like Pokemon Go) On the first page of the set up and if i can sticky it to the top of the actual rp, I'll have a small Castform gif that tells what the weather is like in Veron and what effect it has on the pokemon that could appear. Only I can change the weather so be on the look out for that once i set it up

@Cresion Breezes Everything looks to be in order! You are clear for take off. Accepted

Also! im gonna introduce a new "mechanic" to the Rp. -drum roll-:

THE CASTFORM REPORT! Weather will influence allot of things in the Rp such as wild pokemon and some moves(kind of like Pokemon Go) On the first page of the set up and if i can sticky it to the top of the actual rp, I'll have a small Castform gif that tells what the weather is like in Veron and what effect it has on the pokemon that could appear. Only I can change the weather so be on the look out for that once i set it up
An interesting mechanic!

Castform Report!

"Cast Castform~!"
latest

Current weather:
Sunny
Wild pokemon:
Fire, Ground, Rock, Grass
Boosted Moves: Solarbeam, Solar Blade, Synthesis, Fire-type Moves​

• Useful
Reactions: NinjaCat07
I'll get a post up sometime this weekend, I have a lot on my plate this next few days so I will probably won't be responding much.

@Winter Wolf thats fine. We won't go far without you. No member left behind!

I'll also add a log of notable events (Facility clear, evolution, relationships, ect.) that happen through out the "journey"(most likely in the setup so the Rp doesn't get cluttered) so that if anyone has to go away for a period of time then they can just get a recap of things that way. However that wont be needed until the rp actually gets rolling. Also i had a couple questions asked:

Q: "As far as wild pokemon go are we allowed to catch wild pokemon and use them as well?"
A: Catching wild pokemon is allowed and you can use them in side battles or to get over obstacles, however you may not use them in a Facility battle. Hence why your partner's pokeball is in a marked Ball Capsule.

Q: "Well what is stopping my character from just putting the Ball Capsule on one of the pokemon I just caught?"
A: The form you fill out for a character doubles as sort of a Registration Form in the rp. Every trainer is given a key card to use for entering Facilities, the card is preloaded with your trainer's info and your partner's info. Swapping the Ball Capsule to another pokemon and trying to use it in a Facility battle will automatically disqualify your trainer from the challenge, they forfeit all Facility trophies and their journey comes to an end. You can't Soul Link with a pokemon freshly caught from the wild anyways. A Soul Link takes a long time to form a bond that close with a pokemon, so why would you give up that kind of a game changer anyway?

Q: "But Kit, the pokemon I just caught is one of my favorite ones and covers my partner's weakness! Why can't I just change my form?"
A: As stated above, Registration forms are final. No turning back. I understand its tough picking just 1 pokemon to use out of the 800+ but that's what makes it a challenge! You aren't gonna win every battle and you aren't always gonna have the advantage. This way it forces not only your character but you yourself to think of creative ways to turn an uphill battle around and makes battles more interesting to play out

Q: "What if my character bonds with the pokemon they just caught enough? Will that make the Soul Link work?"
A: Again as stated above, A Soul Link takes a very long time to form with a pokemon no matter how friendly your trainer is to the pokemon they just caught. Sure a wild pokemon will trust a trainer that just caught them but that doesn't mean their super ultra mega buddies just yet. Plus not much is know about how Soul Link works just yet, all that is known is it takes a very long time for one to form between a trainer and just one pokemon. So no, a freshly caught pokemon will not be able to access Soul Link.

Also, I'm kind of new here... Can you guys help me out?

Oh, shoot! I forgot about the "Ask before you use a ledgendary" rule!... I want to use a Registeel

@LonelyKeeper I did state in the rules that you needed to ask to use a legendary, however i'll let it slide this time.
Everything looks to be in order! You are clear for take off. Accepted

@Sleepy Kitsune Can I use an Ultra Beast? I want to use Celesteela.

@Me sure. go ahead just remember Ultra Beasts can not Soul Link

Character Form

Name: Minnow Trayston

Appearance: Wears color-changing contacts (like all the cool kids in Alola do) that make her eyes a light greenish blue. He wears a light-green vest over a long-sleeve gray shirt. Minnow has a scary scar that marks his eye. He wears loose jeans. He's 4"5'.

(can be a picture or description)

Motto: "STOP IT! JUST STOP IT! I can't take it anymore!... I can't take the pain..!"

(just a quote from your character)

Personality: Quiet and reserved. Follows around humans that he likes. He like walking around on his own. However, he is terribly timid.

History:

Born in Hoenn, Minnow was put in an abusive orphanage. He was often whipped or beaten, sometimes brutally. When he thought that he couldn't take it anymore, he ran away. He ran to the wilderness, which, around where he lived, wasn't much of anything but snowy mountains. Realizing he had made a mistake, he considered turning back, but then he realized he would only be severely disciplined for running away.

He'd hitched a ride in a train cargo trailer, only to have the train derailed on route 120. He found himself in front of a strange cave which was none other than the Ancient Tomb Registeel resided in. As night fell upon the sky, he decided to hide inside of the cave.

Perhaps it was his cute demeanor or the fact that the child seemingly had no home if it was roaming about in the desert, but for whatever strange reason, the great iron pokemon took pity on the child. It followed him out of the cave, relieved to have a friend itself, and protected him from any further harassment from the streets of Hoenn.

Eventually, seeing the mighty pokemon accompanying a small child, a pokemon professor offered him to live in his quarters, which Minnow gladly accepted. Minnow and the professor, who gave Registeel a Pokeball to call home, eventually were invited to the Vernon region to study and find a new life.

- Other people

- Feeling safe

Dislikes:

- Scary people & pokemon

Other info: He can understand The Registeel quite well.

Partner:
3DCJpnj0aYHsRDBdw9OgPPnQm5P-GNWTwaPQh_i97X7LcPF6n1wJD4H3Tssl2zLXcQj3FVL-1_mTFZZDKlrDEmzPU2gcEBkW1pYmA9UonQVtBBevWOu4e5HRil7-mOf9C6Bo6VtW
A Regirock!

Appearance: It has terrible gashes in its armor as if it had encountered a violent trainer of some sort.

Personality: Is compassionate and gentle to other pokemon. However, he hates trainers who treat their pokemon like objects or pets rather than people. Also likes statues. It holds back when it fights, but Minnow can always give it a friendly push to get it back in the game

Moveset:

- Ariel Ace

- Iron Head

- Brick Break

- Protect

Ability: Clear Body

History: He was made by Regigigas, although sort of disregards him since he's got such terrible base stats. He was then sealed away into the ruins for being too powerful.

(just a brief history)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2RAD4u
I'll provide more images even I find out what's making them be resized all of a sudden

PkmnTrainer_000.jpg
Name: Carrow Halloway
Appearance: In pic
Motto: "A loss is only a lesson to help formulate your path to victory"
Personality: Carrow is an extremely hard noised individual. He is straight to the point and is not afraid to tell it how it is. He is very arrogant, but at the same time more often than not like to remain quiet and calculated in his approach to interaction.

History: Carrow formerly was mentored by Team Rocket head and Viridian City Gym leader, Giovanni. Carrow was the first trainer to claim a victory over Giovanni, and Giovanni saw something special in Carrow. When he was only 10 years old he was taken under Giovanni's wing, in hopes to become the future gym leader of Viridian City. Unfortunately for Carrow, things took a turn for the worst, as he couldn't handle the extreme pressure being put on him by the Team Rocket boss, as Carrow suffered a long streak of losses which forced him to withdraw from Giovanni's tutelage.

Crush:None
  • Mathematics and using numbers to dictate his approach to battle.
  • Trainers that have a cold attitude.
  • Versatile pokemon
  • Dark clothing
  • Creating a chip on his shoulder

Dislikes:​
  • People that are over the top​
  • People that treat pokemon as equals to themselves​
  • Sympathy/Empathy shown towards him​
  • People who show weakness​
Other info: Carrow has been away from the battle scene for a few years now since he was let down by Giovanni.
gliscor.jpg
Partner: Nosferatu (Nos)
Appearance: In pic
Personality: Nosferatu takes after Carrow very much, his notions mimic Carrow's cold-hearted nature. Nosferatu has a never give up attitude because he has developed a deep understanding of Carrow and would never want to let him down again.
Moveset:​
  • Roost
  • Earthquake
  • Brick Break
  • Ice Fang
Ability: Poison Heal
History: Nosferatu was the pokemon that Carrow used to sweep the entire team of Giovanni. Carrow has a deep connection with Nosferatu because of this, so the decision on which single pokemon to travel with was easy. Carrow and Nosferatu both see this as an opportunity to get back to greatness.

• Love