Power Rangers - Dinostar (Sign-ups & OOC)

TyranntX

Undisputed king of the Dinosaurs
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------An Introduction-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back... Again. And This time I'm here to host yet another RP. This one about the ever so popular (or at least in terms of the older generations) Power Rangers. Aaaaaand me being... well me. This is going to be a Power Ranger RP with a Dinosaur Theme. So if you Like the Rangers, and you Like Dinosaurs, then you have come to the right place. Otherwise... um... Hello?

Anyway, Here's a run down of the story...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Story--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Millions of years ago, a peaceful alien race know as the Ohmar came to a tiny blue planet to colonize after their home was destroyed by the evil space tyrant Karkunga. This horrible Overlord sought out one thing in this universe, The 15 gems of Zenn. Ancient relics that are said to house the power of the universe itself, it is said to hold one is to make the wielder as mighty as a giant! and to hold all 15 would rival a god. Being religious monks, the Ohmar people were trusted to keep these gems safe from evil., a task that ended up with them leaving their home star in fear of the evil of Karkunga. The planet the Omharian had found was already inhabited by the mightiest creatures ever known to the planet's history today. Rather than fighting the creatures, the peaceful aliens made a pact with these massive reptiles, binding all 15 gems to their souls. The 15 creatures became the guardians of the gems from that day on. For several years the monks have lived on the planet in peace, until Karkunga found them once again! Instead of sending down ground forces to deal with the monks like last time, He had his forces use the flagship's tractor beam to launch the largest meteor it could pull and launch it at the small planet. The civilization and the Great reptiles were destroyed, but one Omhar managed to survive by taking refuge in a bunker beneath the great temple, where she remained in suspended animation for 65 million years. Karkunga wasn't exactly the winner of this conflict though, as dragging that big rock drained the ship of a great deal of power. So he in his forces were forced to rest in the cryogenic sleep pods for just as log until their ship (which has a cloaking field around it to prevent detection from the surface) had re-fueled itself from gaining solar energy from the planet's star. The time is now the present day, and many of the gems have found new owners and have become Power Rangers! Some have Chosen to use the power of the gems to fight evil and help defeat Karkunga and his forces, while other's have chosen to help the tyrant with his sinister ambition. Will the evil Karkung be defeated? Or will the fate of the universe fall into darkness?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rules---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow These at all times, particularly when building your character.

1. As GM, my word is LAW
2. Follow IWAKU Rules
3. You MUST be part of a faction (choose between Hyama's Rangers (The Heroes) and Karkunga's Soldiers (The Villains))
4. You are required to post at least three times a week at minimum, though more is preferred. Posts must be a Paragraph long at least.
5. When Fighting other players, to agree on the outcome BEFORE combat starts.
6. Do not God Mod!
7. Role Claims are first come, first serve. If you wanted a color some one else has, then it's YOUR fault for not getting here sooner.
8. The Following powers are given to ALL rangers, and should NOT be considered when determining your gem's power... (though you can if you'd like)

-Mixed Martial Arts proficiency
-Enhanced strength, agility, and stamina
-Quick reflexes
-Advanced Vehicle Operation proficiency

9. Casting Rules Apply (see the "Cast" section
10. Take inspiration from the show if you have to, but be original
11. If you have questions, ask them before proceeding
12. Have fun!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Cast-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say, you will be playing as a Power Ranger. Though whether you are good or evil is up to you. There are limited spots available, and it is first come first serve. So be sure to get what you want planed ASAP before some one beats you to it. I am allowing those who are interest to claim their spot now while I make preparations for the Sign-up and OOC page. So here are a few rules to keep in mind... Also keep in mind that the OOC Page will have more detailed rules...

1. Only one player per character -

Unlike my other RPs, I can only have one character per player. This is to ensure to maximize our cast of characters despite our limited availability. I may change this in the future, but only if things are going THAT slow. Though don't count on it happening any time soon.

2. Mesozoic creatures only! -

As mentioned before, the Theme for this Power Ranger RP is a Dinosaur theme and thus we will be having Zords from the Mesozoic Era. Having a Mammoth or a Dimetrodon would defeat that purpose. YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE YOUR RANGER'S ZORD/DESIGN BE A DINOSAUR, but it must be a creature of the Mesozoic (250 million - 65 million years ago).

3. No Repeating Animals-

There can't be 2 Velociraptors, or 2 Brontosaurus, or 2 Stegosaurs, or 2 Therizinosaurus. The gems were bonded to 15 DIFFERENT animals, PERIOD!

That said, pick a Color, Pick a Mesozoic animal, and stand by for fun. Here are your Options

Red - @TyranntX - Tyrannosaurus Rex
Orange - Open
Yellow - Open
Green - @HellHoundWoof - Sarcosuchus
Teal - Open
Blue - Open
Purple - @AliceFalling - Pterodactyl
Brown - Open
White - Open
Black - Open
Grey - @Ur Degaton - Triceratops
Gold - @MelodicInferno - Madtsoia
Silver - Open
Bronze - Open

The 15th gem is undiscovered, and will remain that way until the Final arc of the RP. It will be owned by an NPC, an there for is not playable... So don't ask

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Character Creation-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: (First and Last) [you may provide an image for appearance]

Nationality: (where are you from?)

Faction: (Do you Side with Hyama or Karkunga?)

Zord: (What is Your Ranger's Zord? (as mention before MUST be a Mesozoic Animal)

Your Zord's Weapons go here

Primary Weapon: (primary method of attack)

Secondary weapon a: (second weapon)

Secondary weapon b: (third weapon) [Optional]

Special Skill: (special ability unique to your zord) (provide duration and cool down)

Ranger Color: (what color is your gem?)

W.O.C : (What is your Ranger's Weapon?)

Ranger Power: (what power is granted by your gem? Duration and cool down required)

Bio: Backstory of your character here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Auxiliary Zords-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auxiliary Zords will ea available and unlocked as the story progresses. So keep an eye out

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Megazords--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Megazords will be determined as our cast fills up more and more. so stay tuned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Other Information--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The Story mainly takes place in modern times, in a Fictional City known as "Grandside", located in Arizona

~We will have a prologue, one that will take place before Tyler got his gem, this will be used to get a feel for the pace of the RP. During this Prologue, any player who joins (besides Red) starts with their gem. Any player who joins after the Prologue however will have to find it.

~Those who have sided with Karkunga transform through a device that looks like officer's badge in appearance, while those who sided with Hyama use a bracelet on their dominant arm

~Karkunga's Soldier's can teleport to and from base via badge. The base Is Karkunga's ship, located in Earth's orbit. Hyama's Ranger's Base is an Old Omharian temple, Located under the Grandside City Museum... Sorry Heroes, you'll have to take the stairs.

~This RP will be divided into chapters, with the exception of the prologue the end of each chapter will have consequences that can either positively or negatively effect players depending on their faction. These consequences till take effect during the following chapter. I.E if X happens in Chapter 1, then Xa will take effect in Chapter 2 to the heroes and Xb to the villains.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonari+no+Kaibutsu+kun+01+9.JPG

Name: Tyler Anderson

Nationality: Arizona, USA

Faction: Hyama's Ranger's

Zord: Tyrannosaurus

Tyranno-zord

Primary Weapon: Flame Thrower [Location: Mouth] A powerful pyrotechnical projectile weapon that can either shoot fire as a long concentrated burst, or as large spherical fire balls.

Secondary weapon a: Metallic Jaws [Location: Mouth] Much like the animal it's self, this zord can rip apart just about anything it it's powerful jaws

Secondary weapon b: Rail Gun [Location :Tail] A plasma beam that can shoot down targets from a long range.

Special Skill: Energy Shield Generator [Location: Torso]: This Zord can make highly powerful and unbreakable shields to protect itself for 10 minutes [takes 30 minutes to recharge ]

Ranger Color: Red

W.O.C : Flaming Tyranno-Greatsword

Ranger Power: Invincibility - The indomitable might of the tyrannosaurus grants the user to become invulnerable for 5 minutes [5 minute recharge] (left weakened after usage for 1 minute 30 seconds)

Bio: Born and Raised in the states, Kyle was always somewhat of a trouble maker. At first his actions seemed rather harmless, but as he got older he started getting into trouble with the law. Thankfully, his father is the chief of police, but that didn't make punishment sting that much less. Somewhere down the line, his younger sister was diagnosed with a very rare medical condition, and had as since been hospitalized. Although there is a means of treating it, payment for it was anything but cheap. Desperate, Kyle now seeks any means he can to get the funds to pay for an operation and save his sister, but what exactly would that be?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approved characters

Heroes:

@AliceFalling as Audrey
@MelodicInferno as Chase
@TyranntX as Tyler

Villains:

@Ur Degaton as Samuel

Last edited:
Name: Samuel Krieg

Nationality: Nevada, USA

Faction: Karkunga's Ranger's

Zord: Triceratops

Ranger Color: Grey

W.O.C: Colossal Tricero-Warhammer

Zord weapons: *Primary - Horns - The head of the triceratops is its most important weapon, capable of destroying everything in its path.
*Secondary A - Cannon [Location: Mouth] This powerful cannon fires powerful tank shells with large destructive capabilities.
*Secondary B - Wrecking Ball [Location: Tail] The tail of the zord can transform into a giant ball n' chain, useful for destroying obstacles.
*Special Skill - Battle Ram - As a last resort the zord can turn its entire body into a rocket propelled battering ram.

Ranger Power: Rampage - The rampaging fury of the triceratops grants the user enormous strength for 5 minutes [10 minute recharge]

Bio: Sam was a normal bluecollar working in the hot Nevada landscape. Years of hard unforgiving labor had hardened his body and will, but it also broke his spirit. With the constant fact that he knows he'll never live up to anything in the world as well as the death of his brother whom was the only family he had, Sam became hollow and monotonous. This hollow and unrelenting feeling eventually grew into irational anger and hatred which led to him blaming the world for his less than stellar life. But how could he accomplish such a thing?

Last edited:
Reactions: TyranntX

Ranger Power: Rampage - The rampaging fury of the triceratops grants the user enormous strength for 5 minutes [10 minute recharge]

Bio: Sam was a normal bluecollar working in the hot Nevada landscape. Years of hard unforgiving labor had hardened his body and will, but it also broke his spirit. With the constant fact that he knows he'll never live up to anything in the world as well as the death of his brother whom was the only family he had, Sam became hollow and monotonous. This hollow and unrelenting feeling eventually grew into irational anger and hatred which led to him blaming the world for his less than stellar life. But how could he accomplish such a thing?

Very nice, I like what I see so far. Once you finish the weapons part of your zord I'll be able to finalize an approval

Very nice, I like what I see so far. Once you finish the weapons part of your zord I'll be able to finalize an approval
Finished

Finished
You are good. I like how This character is a counter of mine. The Red Gem has a Defensive power, while the grey's is for offense. The Tyranno-zord is mainly and all around fighter with a defensive skill, while Tricera is strait-up melee and raw power. I'm looking forward to skirmishes with you, rival :)

Finished
You are good. I like how This character is a counter of mine. The Red Gem has a Defensive power, while the grey's is for offense. The Tyranno-zord is mainly and all around fighter with a defensive skill, while Tricera is strait-up melee and raw power. I'm looking forward to skirmishes with you, rival :)
Me too XD

Just and update, Two players have relinquished their spots, so we may be waiting longer than I thought. Let's just hope we wont have to wait for long

Name: Chase Wilder
Nationality: Arizona, USA (current); Texas, USA (previously)
Bio: Chase was thrown out of her family after coming out in the middle of her junior year of high school. A friend's family took her in and treated her like a second daughter, to the point of paying for therapy when she became depressed. She struggled to keep her grades up enough to be eligible for scholarships but ultimately ended up taking two gap years, during which she was a barista and volunteer at the local animal shelter. Now she's a full time college student in her sophomore year almost three states away from where she grew up. She does visit the family that all but adopted her on the major holidays.

Faction: Hyama's Rangers
Ranger Color: Gold
W.O.C : Swift Madtsoia-Dual Daggers - held in a reverse grip with the edge out
Ranger Power: Ambush - The stealthy nature of the madtsoia allows the user the opportunity to step into the shadows and reappear behind the enemy for a swift take-down. [30 second length] [User is slowed to non-Ranger speed, reflexes, and strength for two minutes] [5 minute recharge occurs after the user is returned Ranger speed/reflexes/strength

Madtsoia
Primary Weapon: Fangs - Backwards-facing teeth, four rows (a tooth on each side) on the top and one row (a tooth on each side) on the bottom.
Secondary Weapon: Bladed Tail - The tail ends in a wickedly sharp curve so the zord doesn't need to worry about turning to take care of threats from behind.
Special Skill: Choke Hold - Once fully charged, the zord is able to wrap around its opponent and squeeze with crushing strength. This take about fifteen minutes to charge but almost completely drains the zord and drops its speed to 25%. Speed is only regained as the zord recharges

Name: Chase Wilder
Nationality: Arizona, USA (current); Texas, USA (previously)
Bio: Chase was thrown out of her family after coming out in the middle of her junior year of high school. A friend's family took her in and treated her like a second daughter, to the point of paying for therapy when she became depressed. She struggled to keep her grades up enough to be eligible for scholarships but ultimately ended up taking two gap years, during which she was a barista and volunteer at the local animal shelter. Now she's a full time college student in her sophomore year almost three states away from where she grew up. She does visit the family that all but adopted her on the major holidays.

Faction: Hyama's Rangers
Ranger Color: Gold
W.O.C : Swift Madtsoia-Dual Daggers - held in a reverse grip with the edge out
Ranger Power: Ambush - The stealthy nature of the madtsoia allows the user the opportunity to step into the shadows and reappear behind the enemy for a swift take-down. [30 second length] [User is slowed to non-Ranger speed, reflexes, and strength for two minutes] [5 minute recharge occurs after the user is returned Ranger speed/reflexes/strength

Madtsoia
Primary Weapon: Fangs - Backwards-facing teeth, four rows (a tooth on each side) on the top and one row (a tooth on each side) on the bottom.
Secondary Weapon: Bladed Tail - The tail ends in a wickedly sharp curve so the zord doesn't need to worry about turning to take care of threats from behind.
Special Skill: Choke Hold - Once fully charged, the zord is able to wrap around its opponent and squeeze with crushing strength. This take about fifteen minutes to charge but almost completely drains the zord and drops its speed to 25%. Speed is only regained as the zord recharges

Alright she's accepted. now lets all hope we can get some more players :P

Hey, teams have started with three before. If it's left open, more will most probably join

Name: Audrey Riley

Nationality: Most recently from Florida, USA currently resides in Arizona

Faction: Hyama's Ranger

Zord:
Pterodactyl

ZORD WEAPONS

Primary Weapon: Beams- Location in the tips of each wings of the Zord, can fire high power beams at a rate of 2 beams consecutively every 3.5 seconds

Secondary weapon a: Drill Nose - Front head of Zord can turn around 360 degrees in a very fast manor, acting similarly to a drill

Secondary weapon b: Talons - Can pick up heavy objects, maximum weight is the weight of a Zord

Passively, the Zord can also fly

Special Skill: High speed flying - For 25 seconds the Pterodactyl can fly at incredible large amounts of speed, unable to be hit by most weapons and objects if flied with skill, and reaching greater distances far away. Cool down of 1.5 minutes after the 25 seconds has expired.

Ranger Color: Purple

W.O.C : Chakram - With spikes on the edges acts as both a weapon similar to a knife for close range combat but also a throwing weapon

Ranger Power: Speed - Moves at a quickened speed, much like the Zord, for 15 seconds with a 1.5 minute cool down after the 15 seconds expiration

Bio:
Audrey is an army brat, moving around from town to town, city to city, and state to state. Audrey, however, never had a problem with moving around so much like other kids in the army. She loved meeting new people, learning everyone's names and stories. It was always an adventure for her to explore a new house and town. Audrey never really kept any close friends though, knowing that she would move away not long after meeting them. Growing up a bit lonely but never letting that dampen her mood. Audrey always looked up to her father, who could withstand a hit and worked out every morning. A strong person who has never been afraid of anything. Audrey learned a lot about martial arts, even before she found her power gem. She loved the rush, the feeling of strength. She has always been good at getting to know her new neighbors and this skill translated into getting to know her opponents or enemies.

Hey, teams have started with three before. If it's left open, more will most probably join

You are right, I guess we can start tomorrow as planned. Still though, it's going to be rough for @MelodicInferno with it being 3 against.

Name: Audrey Riley

Nationality: Most recently from Florida, USA currently resides in Arizona

Faction: Hyama's Ranger

Zord: Pterodactyl

ZORD WEAPONS

Primary Weapon: Beams- Location in the tips of each wings of the Zord, can fire high power beams at a rate of 2 beams consecutively every 3.5 seconds

Secondary weapon a: Drill Nose - Front head of Zord can turn around 360 degrees in a very fast manor, acting similarly to a drill

Secondary weapon b: Talons - Can pick up heavy objects, maximum weight is the weight of a Zord

Passively, the Zord can also fly

Special Skill: High speed flying - For 25 seconds the Pterodactyl can fly at incredible large amounts of speed, unable to be hit by most weapons and objects if flied with skill, and reaching greater distances far away. Cool down of 1.5 minutes after the 25 seconds has expired.

Ranger Color: Purple

W.O.C : Chakram - With spikes on the edges acts as both a weapon similar to a knife for close range combat but also a throwing weapon

Ranger Power: Speed - Moves at a quickened speed, much like the Zord, for 15 seconds with a 1.5 minute cool down after the 15 seconds expiration

Bio:
Audrey is an army brat, moving around from town to town, city to city, and state to state. Audrey, however, never had a problem with moving around so much like other kids in the army. She loved meeting new people, learning everyone's names and stories. It was always an adventure for her to explore a new house and town. Audrey never really kept any close friends though, knowing that she would move away not long after meeting them. Growing up a bit lonely but never letting that dampen her mood. Audrey always looked up to her father, who could withstand a hit and worked out every morning. A strong person who has never been afraid of anything. Audrey learned a lot about martial arts, even before she found her power gem. She loved the rush, the feeling of strength. She has always been good at getting to know her new neighbors and this skill translated into getting to know her opponents or enemies.

Accepted, Surprised you picked speed as your gem power. People usual use that for raptors, so I congratulate you on originality

IC is up, Post whenever

IC is up, Post whenever
So I saw the prologue, are both sides rangers yet or still normal people since it's the prologue?
I ask this because Samuel's name was mentioned as though he was already a ranger.
I might of missed something when reading so I apologize if this post seems redundant.

IC is up, Post whenever
So I saw the prologue, are both sides rangers yet or still normal people since it's the prologue?
I ask this because Samuel's name was mentioned as though he was already a ranger.
I might of missed something when reading so I apologize if this post seems redundant.
Yes, you are a ranger :)

IC is up, Post whenever
I might of missed something when reading the lore/rules so I apologize if this post seems redundant.
IC is up, Post whenever
Yes, you are a ranger :)
Alright Thanks 👍

Working On It! Stuff Came Up
Amaury+Nolasco+Amaury+Nolasco+Departing+Flight+xYyGvCSi3y1l.jpg

Armando "Manny" Manulo

Nationality: San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Bio: Backstory of your character here.

Faction: Karkunga

Zord: Sarcosuchus 'Flesh Gator' Zord

ZORD WEAPONS: Flail Mace

Ranger Color: Green

W.O.C : (What is your Ranger's Weapon?)

Ranger Power: (what power is granted by your gem? Duration and cool down required)

I'm interested in joining.

Would you allow Blue Megalodon as an exception to the only-Mesozoic rule? (It sounds better than Blue Lamniforme Shark).

Name: Yehoshua (Joshua) Chern
Joshua has dark brown hair with amber eyes. His skin is a light olive color that tans easily in the sunlight. He's often seen smiling and is very approachable. He stands at a comfortable 5'10". He has a very typical build, but is obviously athletic. Joshua wears very typical clothing that doesn't make him stand out when he's not working. When he is working he'll wear almost anything...or nothing depending on the performance.
Nationality: Jewish American, New Jersey

Faction: Karkunga's Rangers
Zord: Platypus
Platypus Zord

Primary Weapon: Venomous strike - the platypus zord slashes its victim with it's hind claws that slow its opponent down due to the venom produced by its claws

Secondary Weapon a: Bite - the platypus zord bites down on its victim

Secondary Weapon b: Tail Attack - the platypus zord uses its massive tail to hit its opponent

Special Skill - Venomous spike - the platypus zord can create a small storm (10 seconds) of venomous projectiles (takes 10 minutes to recharge and during that time cannot use any venomous attacks)
Ranger Color: Brown
W.O.C.: Chain Whip

Ranger Power: Poison Claws - Joshua's hands can become claws that produce a venom. This venom causes the victim great pain and slows them down for 5 seconds. Joshua's claws remain venomous for 5 minutes and have a cool down time of 15 minutes.

Bio:
Joshua was 15 when his family moved to Arizona. Before then he lived in Cenral New Jersey. His father got a very good job working in the administrative side of a national park. They moved and Joshua finished high school. Joshua grew up in a very strict household with two older brothers and a younger sister. He was often expected to behave and make his parents proud. Opting to be a performer rather than go to college, Joshua's parents threatened to send him away to his aunt and uncle. As a compromise, Joshua attends college part time and performs at a local amusement park and more secretly adult themed clubs.

Last edited: