H

Hako Rice

Original poster
ALWAYS OPEN - Radioactivity - Sign up
----------------------------------------------------------
Esther wasn't a fan of dark places at all, they always reminded him of the stories his mother used to tell him. About when "it" happened. He wasn't born when it happened, the explosion, devestating population wipe, sickness, no, he just lives through the aftermath. There was no lighting now, only empty houses and ash everywhere. Obviously there were people in the city with him as well, it would make no sense for him to be the only remaining survivor. He laughed to himself at the thought, "Esther Winters, age sixteen, lone survivor of grave disaster..." he almost pitied himself, to be so young and be held victim to such devestating challenges. Was he even surviving? He may be dying from radiation poisoning this very second, but it wasn't too scary of a thought. It sure was better than hunting destroyed grocery stores for food.

He stepped inside of a broken window and looked around the ground, cautiously avoiding any glass on the floor to avoid detection. Even if he wasn't the only human left in Dolton, he sure as hell didn't want to meet anyone now. Walking up and down every aisle, Esther gave up with a defeated sigh. "What did I expect? I should have known better, the universe finally caught up to me. Now it is time to starve I guess." He always blamed the universe whenever something would go wrong in his "life", he was religious to an extent, he believed in God, but didn't think it was wise to curse him as he still feared waking up in a fiery ball of agony wondering why he went to hell instead.

Giving the store one last look, he decided to leave, the days got shorter and shorter, and he wasn't about to waste another second looking for a non-existent meal in an empty super market. His stomach growled as he walked through an empty parking lot. Cars were scattered around, this was a perfect area to be shot. He looked around the roofs of every commercial building imagining if he were being seen by snipers on the roofs. He playfully screamed out "No! No! Please don't shoot! I'm too young to die, haha!" He laughed hard as he thought about how pathetic it would be to die on a parking lot alone and defenseless. He sighed, stretched, and continued to walk.