Return of the Staff (plus some changes!)

Kitti

Empress of Niflheim
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
It's the first of July and that means that the month-long audit of the forum has been wrapped up!

First and foremost, welcome back the return of the staff! The staff application was tweaked (as you may have seen here) and the requirements for staff are a little bit different now. In order to effectively integrate staff with the new requirements, the hiring of new staff is limited so that we can give the attention and guidance needed. Lower staff numbers and increased focus for the departments reflects the changes in work the admin are hoping to achieve.

Currently, each staff section is aiming for at least five staff members (and intending to cap at ten per section). With this month's hiring, we're looking for:

Security One to six staff members
Roleplay Four to nine staff members
Site Support Two to seven staff members
Community Four to nine staff members

If you weren't hired this round, keep your head up! The new plan is to only have five interns on staff at any given time now to offer the best guidance possible which means that the slots can sometimes be limited. You're welcome to apply again! Some applications were also sidelined for the time being due to changes in the departments and the expected duties, meaning that some hopefuls might have stressed wanting to do things that are no longer a focus in a department or might have been regeared entirely.

Give some thought to the application when you fill it out and ask yourself if you've answered all the questions thoroughly. Consider what the purpose of the question is and whether your answer is the best one you can give. Be sure to use your own words - showing that you can condense and summarise the information is much more impressive than copying and pasting. Good luck!

On the note of hiring new staff, you might notice that the staff departments have changed a little! Instead of Maintenance, Astaroth is now heading the Roleplay Staff. If you're curious about what the staff sections do, take a peek at this handy breakdown. Roleplay staff will be lending a hand in Roleplay Help and maintaining the roleplay sections, among other things. Community staff will be stepping up to maintain the non-roleplay sections of the site. When it comes to Realms, though, you're still on your own guys (sorry!).

Some of you may have noticed some things about the site that are being fussy - we have too! Keep an eye out, we have some plans coming (hopefully soon) to break everything more hopefully make things a thousand times spiffier. Thanks for all the support you gave the admin while we were frantically trying to do all the jobs and reorganise things. Your kind words and understanding were greatly appreciated.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The return of RED. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH LOOK AT ME WOOOO I LOVE YOU ALL THIS SITE IS AMAZING

I once thought @SkittlesAndSpike was too kind-hearted for blackmail and extortion. But looking at the new staff list, I now realize how wrong I was.

Oof.

:cookie:

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jorick
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Astaroth
Time to get the hot pot out of mothballs.

The admins survived! :scream:

I have missed the reds and the pinks. :3

Congratulations to everyone who was reinstated and this looks AMAZING!! Focused training and emphasis I think will really help the staffers be more productive and keep the site in tip top tidy shape!! Great work ADMINS!! You're the best!!

I/m still battling my illness, but once I am healthy again I will be resubmitting my application. Keep up the great work everyone!! Much love...

I'm actually surprisingly excited to see how the different roles turn out. I'm also curious, if I may, to know if/when we might find out whether we're being reinstated? Or are you guys solely focusing on interns right now?

Regardless, A+ parenting right here. Look at all these baby interns.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
I'm actually surprisingly excited to see how the different roles turn out. I'm also curious, if I may, to know if/when we might find out whether we're being reinstated? Or are you guys solely focusing on interns right now?

Regardless, A+ parenting right here. Look at all these baby interns.
We're definitely taking a different approach to teams in general because the number one feedback we had was people feeling like fish out of water. This is especially important now with the changes we've made to the departments. The people who are full staff are ones who already received at least some training in the areas their department now requires and we thought could be dropped in with only a very brief training period (or none), whereas anyone else (or anyone whose application made us think hey, maybe they could use a little more time to get confident with the changes) is being retrained as an Intern. We also planned for limited numbers for full staff so we didn't end up training people who are in totally new departments all in one big bunch, much like we now have the five-person cap for Interns; we'd rather take more time and make sure everyone is comfortable in their jobs before hiring new people.

The Intern cap is the biggest reason some people are not back on Staff now, though. We do expect there to be a lot more turnover of Interns in the future, as we bump them up to full Staff or decide to give someone else a shot (another issue we had was people stuck as Interns for 6 months or more; we're now intending to not keep Interns for more than 3 months, which should be much more achievable with the training changes). Other reasons for people not being hired back/hired new include things like their app indicating an interest in things we no longer are focusing on, applications that didn't give a strong impression (as mentioned before the audit, we treated all applications like new hires), or previous issues. A lot of former Staff also just didn't reapply, which we expected to happen.

Because of everything depending on training periods and apps being evaluated on a case-by-case basis, it's difficult to give any kind of time-frame. If you have specific questions or concerns about your application, I recommend messaging your previous department head and talking to them about it!

Tl;dr: We put a lot of thought into this, and if you weren't hired this round, it's (probably!) not because we hate you.

"restrained" lmao

EDIT: I misread feelsdisappointedman