Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
The cool wind blows through your hair as you cruise down the highway in your car with the windows down. You friend, Margo, sits in the passenger seat, her bare feet up on the dash despite the fact that you were tired of wiping the toe prints off the inside of your windshield after every time she rides with you. Terry and Michael laugh, taking turns punching each other every time a yellow car passes by. You want to join in, but you remember the last time you did that when you were driving. You brand new car still sported the scrapes on the front corner panel from bumping into the side rail. You catch sight of Margo's dancing feet as her hand soars in the wind to the beat of the music you have blasting from your radio. While your singing along to the words just loud enough to be heard by only yourself.

It's a perfect day to go to the beach.

Suddenly, your favorite song is interrupted by an obnoxious sound that stills and silences the whole car.

"This is the worldwide warning broadcasting system. There has been a mutant sighting in your area. The suspect was last seen wearing a white shirt, blue jeans, and a red cap. He is considered extremely dangerous. Should see him, please call the hotline number…."

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit," Terry uttered sinking in the back seat of the car.

"A Rogue? Here in Miami?" Margo speaks.

You shrug and ask if you should pull over and wait, continue on, or turn around and go home.

"Go home," Terry spoke up quickly.

"Hell no, man," Michael replies, "I'm not going to let a Rogue ruin my beach day."

"They can do shit, man," Terry replied, "I heard there was one who could teleport anywhere it wanted. Could even teleport people."

"There's the one that can read minds, too," Margo added.

"Don't forget the more dangerous Rogues. They can do shit with fire and shoot spikes and all that crazy shit!" Terry added.

You nod, Terry was right. The Rogues were scary people…if you could even call them that anymore.

"Man, that's why the R.I.E.F. was put together. They find those twisted bastards and put them down before they can hurt anyone else," Michael argued, "You ever seen R.I.E.F. in action, Terry? I have. It's why I want to join them."

After more arguing and to Terry's dismay, you finally decide that today is just too nice of a day to allow one Rogue to ruin your trip to the beach. You pull into an available parking spot and deposit some change into the meter before following after your friends who seemed to have forgotten about the alert already. Finding a spacious spot, you and Margo lay out your towels before you lay down on them. Terry and Michael already finding a pair of girls to hit on. It's not too long before you fall asleep.

A scream rips through your dreams and your eyes shoot open. Margo is scurrying to her feet, gathering as much as she can. Confused, you rise on your elbows only to see on man in blue jeans, a white shirt, and red cap, running along the sandy shore. He is not alone, either. Several men with assault rifles and tactical gear chase after him. You jump to your feet and gather what you can checking to see how close the man is. When you deem it unsafe, you leave behind whatever's left and follow after Margo.

Looking over your shoulder, you watch the man come to a stop. His eyes meet yours for only a moment, and you see nothing but fear, not hate or anger, but fear. Turning around, he throws his hands up and the sand around him gathers before rising between him and the R.I.E.F. You enraptured by the scene as they fire, the bullets slamming against the sand sending ripples of force through the makeshift wall. With a push of his arms, the wall is launched toward the solders scattering them as it collapses against the in a thick cloud of sand. Pillars of sand began to launch toward the soldiers as they tried to rise to their feet. Precise strikes sending them flying through the air only to crash helplessly against the sand.

"Hey!" you turn to see Margo waving you over, "Run! Hurry before it sees you!"

You nod, but the scene draws you back in. It looks like the Rogue is going to win, when suddenly he falls to the ground, his pillars of sand dissipating, and the sound of a gunshot rings out a moment later. The R.I.E.F agents struggle from under the sand and finally approach the man guns drawn, but even from your distance, you can tell he's lifeless.

You let out a short yelp when you are grabbed from behind, "Come on!" Terry says as he drags you to the car, "The shows over. Let's get out of here."

Too shaken up by what had happened, you give your keys to Terry and ask him to drive. Just as he starts the car, Michael steps out and starts to the beach. You call after him, but he shakes his head, "I'm going to talk to them about joining R.I.E.F. You guys head on out, I'll call a cab."

You nod, and Terry hurriedly pulls out.

"That was crazy!" Margo says to you before turning back around and looking out the window, "You alright? I mean you watched it die! Serves it right. Rogues are monsters and they all deserve to die."

You look down at your hands and notice they are shaking badly. You close your eyes to try and calm yourself using the technique your father taught you while you were a kid. When your eyes open, a small flame dances in the palm of your hand. You shake your hand frantically until it finally goes out, a silent breath escaping your lips just as Margo turns back around, "Don't you agree?"

You nod, "Ya…monsters," you say as you look down to where the flame once danced.
-----------------------------------------
Rules:
1.READ. And when I say read...I mean EVERYTHING. Read the Info dump...read your character sheet...read everyone else's posts. Trust me when I say that I will know if you don't read and that is just straight up disrespectful to the work put into developing this story and the effort of your fellow players in writing their posts.

2. Communicate. I know that some of us have very busy schedules and because of that, I am only asking that you try to write one post a week so that the story can progress. If you lose interest or cannot post, let us know so we can keep the story alive everyone involved.

3. Your character is not invincible. You character is not God, is not indestructible, and will not land every blow. Be realistic guys. Also, your decisions could result in consequences you might not like but make sense for that scene. No one's character is plot armored either.

4. Be courteous of others. Be mindful when writing to not over-step your boundaries. If you are writing a scene with multiple characters, communicate with the other players and even collaborate on a post. Work together to write a great story; not against each other.

5.Posting Expectations. As stated above, I'm asking for one post a week barring extenuating circumstances. I am a college student, full-time employee, and a family man so I understand being busy. Also, I prefer that all players play at an Intermediate level at least. Sorry if this doesn't fit you, but I tend to enjoy that level of writing so much more.

6. I am the GM and @Elle Joyner is the sucker....I mean person that is helping me. Our word is law. Having said that, we REALLY like hearing what players have to say because they can bring a fresh perspective that we did not think about. While we have the basic plot in mind, how we get there is up to all of us. Get involved. Throw some ideas our way and we can discuss if they can fit. If they don't, please don't take it personal. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the continuity of the story.

Click here for info dump!!

Last edited:

Please copy the code below and fill out the form accordingly. Note, this is not a first come/first serve basis for character sheet approval. We will determine the best characters for the story and choose accordingly. Sign-ups will close 6/27. Please have your sheet done and posted by then.

We are looking for creative characters, who will add to the storyline, rather than detracting attention away from it. As such, we ask that NO ONE include a character with a threat level higher than ORANGE (for threat level information, please review the info dump).

Have fun and feel free to ask any questions if you have them !

≡CHARACTER SKELETON≡[/font]
⤑ NAME | ⤑ ALIAS/CODENAME (if applicable) | ⤑ AGE | ⤑ THREAT LEVEL​

APPEARANCE (Realistic Images Only)

⤑ Written Appearance

(50 Words) Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus ultricies risus sit amet pulvinar rhoncus. In dolor elit, maximus et erat a, posuere gravida lorem. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin congue massa luctus arcu rhoncus, a maximus risus condimentum. Maecenas cursus odio sit amet ante elementum.

⤑ Height | 000lbs
⤑ Weight | 0'0"

BIO

(brief history - no more than 1k words)

STRENGTHS
+
+
+

WEAKNESSES
-
-
-
-

POWER

⤑Type (physical, mental, environmental)
⤑Brief description of abilities/skills
⤑Limitations

COPY BELOW
[div=height: auto; width: 550px; margin: auto auto; background-color: white;][right][div=font-size: 25px; letter-spacing: 3.5px; color=black][font=Anton]≡CHARACTER SKELETON≡[/font][/div][/right]
[font=Quantico][color=black][size=3][right]⤑ NAME | ⤑ ALIAS/CODENAME (if applicable) | ⤑ AGE | ⤑ THREAT LEVEL [/right][/size][right][/right]

[imga=left]http://via.placeholder.com/250x350[/imga]

⤑ Written Appearance

(50 Words) Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus ultricies risus sit amet pulvinar rhoncus. In dolor elit, maximus et erat a, posuere gravida lorem. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin congue massa luctus arcu rhoncus, a maximus risus condimentum. Maecenas cursus odio sit amet ante elementum.

⤑ Height | 000lbs
⤑ Weight | 0'0"

[hr=border: 2px solid black][/hr]
BIO

(brief history - no more than 1k words)

[hr=border: 2px solid black][/hr][right]
STRENGTHS
+
+
+

WEAKNESSES
_
_
_
_

[hr=border: 2px solid black][/hr][/right]
POWER

⤑Type (physical, mental, environmental)
⤑Limitations

[/color][/font][/div]
[/font]

Last edited:

Deckard Hallows
⤑ Deckard Hallows | ⤑ "Deck" | ⤑ 31 | ⤑ Yellow

⤑ Written Appearance

Deck is a built man who sports medium-length brown hair and a beard to match. Besides his nose and ear piercings, tattoos cover his body. His height, reach and chiseled body coupled with his mastery level skills as a boxer, suggest that if he hits you…it just might hurt.

⤑ Height | 205lbs
⤑ Weight | 6'2"

BIO

Deckard grew up in a home that was ruled by fear. His mother, so afraid of Rogues, opted to home school him just in case the scanners at the school ever failed. His father taught him life skills while his mother worked night shift at the local dive bar, and his mother saw to his education while his father punched the nine to five as a construction worker.

At the age of eight, he showed remarkable potential at boxing and his father began to take him to a gym a friend owned three times a week after he finished his classwork. He learned as much as he could in private lessons, but his parents would never allow him to compete.

At thirteen, he met Alys, a dirty-blonde with rich blue eyes and the perfect frame. It wasn't long before Alys began to show that she was more than a pretty face, excelling at the local public school in cheerleading, and soccer. After months of building up the courage, Deckard asked her out when he was fourteen. The pair was inseparable, and their relationship survived distance when Alys went away to college while Deckard stayed back to help his mother when his father passed away from a heart attack. At twenty, the two were married. The next five years whirled by, swallowed by a joy Deckard had never thought possible. But nothing last forever, especially happiness.

One day, while Deckard was mowing the grass, Alys stepped into the street to check the mail. She had earbuds in and didn't notice the speeding car. Deckard tried to call out to her, but when she didn't hear him, he threw his arm out in reflex. The car came to an immediate stop as though it had struck a wall, killing the driver instantly. Alys' eyes, wide with fear, turned from the car to Deck connecting the two. As soon as his eyes fell on her, he could see that she was more afraid of him, that she was of the car that had almost killed her. Alys avoided him for the remainder of the day.

That night, Deck was stirred away when Alys tried to slip from the bed unnoticed. Deckard tried to reason with her before she admitted to reporting him. Heartbroken and betrayed, he watched her leave the house with her bag packed.

Deckard did not stay long knowing that R.I.E.F. would be on the way. He reached out to all his friends and to his mother, all of which hung up or didn't answer. When his mother told him that she'd wished he'd never been born, Deck knew he was truly alone.

For the next two years, Deck stole, fought, and took odd jobs from Archivists whenever he could find one as he made his way across the country. When he was almost captured in Cincinnati, the man who saved him, Keegan Hull, tried to recruit him, but Deckard would not have it. He was safer on his own, and there were less people to betray him. Despite this, Keegan has made his network and resources available to Deck as he continued his journey never staying anywhere for too long.

Four years later, Deck has found himself in Miami. The six months he's been here is the longest he's ever been able to stay anywhere. The constant flow of illegal immigrants has made it easy for him to bounce between jobs, always sticking to himself.

STRENGTHS
+ Honest
+ Loyal
+ Protective

WEAKNESSES
_ Cautious
_ Insensitive
_ Distant
_ Stubborn

POWER

⤑Type: Mental

Psychokinesis - Deck can influence, manipulate, and move matter and objects. The amount of concentration required is relative to the size of the object being affected.

⤑Limitations
More mental concentration and fortitude is required the larger the object. Deck has passed out trying to push his limits and knows that if he attempts something too large, he could very well die.

Last edited:
≡CHARACTER SKELETON≡
⤑ Temperence 'Penny' Rigel | ⤑ Replay | ⤑ Twenty-Eight | ⤑ Yellow​

APPEARANCE

⤑ Written Appearance

Penny is a fairly attractive young woman, with long blonde waves and soft grey eyes. Her build is narrow, broader in the shoulders, with effective curves in the appropriate locations. Despite her delicate appearance, she is no blossoming flower, and years of kickboxing training have honed lean muscles.

⤑ Height | 130lbs
⤑ Weight | 5'7"

BIO

Penny Rigel never met her father. With men in and out of her wayward mother's life from the start, she caught on fairly young that people were just unreliable as a whole. By fifteen, she had outgrown the inconsistency, and taking off, Penny set out on her own. It was a good notion... one that tanked almost immediately. Within weeks of leaving home, she was broke, homeless and utterly lost.

And everything a man like Keller Gowen could take full advantage of. A predator of the worst kind, Gowen picked Penny up out of the gutter and put her to work in his club, a seedy, less than ethical establishment in the depths of Hell's Kitchen. For the next three years of her life, Penny was put through the ringer. It was a small twist of fate - or rather the twist of a knife in Keller Gowen's gut, that cut her free of her ties, but not with consequences. The cost of her escape haunts her, still... several years later.

But determined not to fall to old habits, Penny moved on. Scraping together what she could to survive, Penny found herself a job as a dishwasher for an Archivist, in a run-down diner and for the next two years she labored there. While she wasn't working, she practically lived at the public library, devouring book after book. She taught herself everything she could think to learn, and for the first time in her life, Penny discovered a talent for something that she didn't have to borrow... A genuine, human talent. Pastry was the name of the game, and starting with only a few piping bags, one pan and working out of the ovens after her shift, she managed to build a small business selling gourmet cupcakes to interested parties.

For a while, life was good... But secrets can't be kept forever, and when things took a nasty turn for the gifted few possessing the SHA-13 gene, Penny was forced to abandon the construction project that was her life and go into hiding. It wasn't long after that she came in contact with the Rogues, and has since worked with the organization to locate and protect Mutants like them.

Despite her past, she is a surprisingly resilient, strong-willed young woman. Her history instilled in her a strong sense of independence and a determination to be no one's victim. While not entirely indifferent to the feelings of others, she doesn't allow herself to get caught up, entirely convinced that most people are just full of it…

Her list of self-imposed rules is long, a wall to guard her from past hurts better left buried, and prevent new ones from forming. Her inability to fully trust, however, does not affect her ability to work with a team. Structure is a comfort zone, and she relies heavily on consistency - change being just one more thing on the long list of things Penny just 'doesn't do'.

STRENGTHS
+ Independent
+ Strong
+ Confident

WEAKNESSES
- Willfull
- Guarded
- Haunted
- Broken

POWER

⤑Type | Physical
⤑Brief description of abilities/skills |

Adoptive muscle memory | She possesses the ability to briefly mimic anything she watches. By sight, she instantly memorizes and then copies physical actions - anything from art or dancing, to fighting or use of weaponry. This memorization is without flaw, despite physical limitations she might otherwise possess. She does not need to witness the action live, but can also mimic actions seen in video recordings.

⤑Limitations

While she can perform the action more than once, the ability to retain it is incredibly limited to no longer than a few hours.Penny also can perform only the act itself and not the abilities required in support of the act. For instance, she could conditionally learn a high-dive routine, but without the ability to swim, she would drown. She cannot mimick other superpowers, though it has been suggested this ability exists within her capabilities, should her powers develop further.

Last edited:
Do we have to code it like that or can I just make it out of code?

I'm not completely sure what you mean by "make it out of code"? The code is already made - you just need to copy/paste it and edit in the necessary information. If you meant just using the structure, you can choose not to use the code, but either way, the information you use needs to be the same and be in the same order.

I'm not completely sure what you mean by "make it out of code"? The code is already made - you just need to copy/paste it and edit in the necessary information. If you meant just using the structure, you can choose not to use the code, but either way, the information you use needs to be the same and be in the same order.
Misread on my part then. Will work on a character with everything filled correctly. Thank you.

• Thank You
Reactions: Elle Joyner
@RoleplayE -- Hey! Would you mind deleting your CS from the infodump and moving it here, instead? That way we can keep the character sheets in the sign up thread :) Thanks

Oh I thought I read Applications go in the info dumb? That is what DarinVarlor said on his comment on the info dumb

Oh I thought I read Applications go in the info dumb? That is what DarinVarlor said on his comment on the info dumb

That's a link to this thread ;-)

≡CHARACTER SKELETON≡

⤑ Rose Heartfield | ⤑ Vanish| ⤑ 25 | ⤑ Yellow

katniss-everdeen.jpg

⤑ Written Appearance

Rose is a fairly attractive women. She is taller than most though. Brown hair that flows down to about the middle of her back. Her blues are the main focus of herself though, easily men get lost in them. Athletic build but not very cut.

⤑ Height | 6' 2"
⤑ Weight | 150lbs

BIO

Rose grew up in a small community outside of New York City. Her early years were great. A mother and father that loved her, some friends, and a school that was great. Everything was going well for her. Around the time she was 14, her mother got sick. Very, very sick. She had developed cancer in both her brain and her lungs. By the time Rose was 15, her mother had passed. The trauma was huge on Rose. Her mother was her best friend, and she was gone.

This loss took a different toll on her father though. He became a drunk. He hated his life and everything time he looked at Rose, he was reminded of his wife that was gone. One night, he got more drunk than usual. Stumbling around the house, he ended up in Rose's room, an empty bottle in one hand and his belt in the other. Rose would remember that night for the rest of her life. The bruises and scars she received still linger on her body. As the years went, the beatings got worse for her.

Around the time she was 18, was the night she truly had enough. After receiving her beating for the night, she pulled the packed bag she made the night before and escaped through the window. She would never see him again. It was rough for her at first. She would have to resort to using her gifts to steal food just to stay alive. She finally got to the point where she worked as a waitress at a local dinner.

Life moved fast after that. Years went by and she was doing well. Working a couple of jobs, decent little apartment, and no men to tell her what to do. It was great but, reality would catch up eventually. Everything went to hell when everyone started to enforce the rules about the gifted and the SHA-13 gene. She left her jobs as they scanned everyone there. She left her apartment as they installed scanners in the building. She was back on the streets, a place she never hoped to be again. She thought of just ending it all, until the ROGUES found her.

She has been helping then ever since. Using her gift to help get everyone around and to transport the higher ups in the ROGUES from city to city. This was her calling. She would make the most of it.

STRENGTHS
+ strong willed
+ hard working
+ loyal to the ROGUES

WEAKNESSES
- doesn't work well with men
- listening problem at times
- stubborn
- judgemental

POWER

⤑Type: Environmental/possibly mental
⤑Brief description of abilities/skills: She has the gift of teleportation. As long as she can see where she is going or know the place in her mind, she is able to travel there. She also can teleport people/objects. It's untapped power though and has only happened on accidents. She practices with objects hoping to get control.
⤑Limitations: As stated, she has to see where she is going for short distances and for long distance, she has to either been there before or see a picture. Teleporting takes a lot out of her if she does it in a constant frame of time. The longer she goes, the hard it is on her body. She is always hungry because of this and has to eat a lot to maintain her teleporting.

For the sake of timeline things: How long have folks been testing for SHA-13? When would someone first get tested for it, ect?

@RoleplayE - Hey, sorry! Can you also delete your post in the info dump? Just so we can keep that for the RP information, instead and people don't get confused?

@RoleplayE - Hey, sorry! Can you also delete your post in the info dump? Just so we can keep that for the RP information, instead and people don't get confused?
Yep. Just did. Hadn't got to it yet as I had to step away.

• Thank You
Reactions: Elle Joyner
@Reythaak The testing for SHA-13 gene has been a thing for the past 30 years.

You'd first get tested when you entered school.

Homeschooling is all the rage now just out of fear so don't feel like your character COULDN'T get any education at all.

@Reythaak The testing for SHA-13 gene has been a thing for the past 30 years.

You'd first get tested when you entered school.

Homeschooling is all the rage now just out of fear so don't feel like your character COULDN'T get any education at all.
Alright, thank ya.

≡CHARACTER SKELETON≡
⤑ Keith Fuller | ⤑ N/A| ⤑ Twenty | ⤑ Green​

APPEARANCE

⤑ Written Appearance

Keith stands about 5'11", with an average build and weight to go with it. He might be called "cute" at best. His skin is a little bit on the pale side, accompanied by dark brown eyes and short hair somewhere between sandy brown and dirty blond. He still lacks almost any sign of facial hair, much to his annoyance. He always, always wears a pair of gloves.

⤑ Height | 5'11"
⤑ Weight | 170 lbs

BIO

Keith was brought up with a loving mom and dad for most of his life. Firmly middle class, and an only child with a smattering of cousins and second-cousins courtesy of his mother's siblings. His mother had completed almost all of the studying required to become a certified teacher, but decided as problems with Rogues and SHA-13 became more prevalent that she had no desire to subject herself to the potential dangers of children with the SHA-13 gene.

Instead, she opted to start a small private home school for her son and her nieces and nephews, as well as other children in the suburbs they lived in. The requirements for joining? Medical confirmation that none of the children carried the SHA-13 gene.

Now, Keith's father worked for Aspida, and was involved in administering tests for SHA-13 and interpreting the results as necessary. Most of the kids had their tests performed and results administered by Keith's father, including Keith himself. When Keith's test for SHA-13 was performed, it showed as positive. His father ran the test several more times, each time coming back with a positive result. But Keith had never shown any indication of being a mutant, and his father didn't want to subject Keith to any of the struggles mutants had to deal with in society. The tests after the first had been off the record, so Keith's father did one more that he fixed to read as a "negative" result, and submitted that with an addendum that the "subject appears to trigger a false positive in SHA-13 testing, but upon further inspection was determined to not be a carrier for the gene." And he was trusted.

So Keith was allowed to have a normal childhood. He occasionally had some strangely accurate insights about things he shouldn't really have known, and he always knew when his parents were fighting. He knew when there was Rogue activity on the news; he said it was because he could see his mom was scared even when no one else could. Once he started learning about fossils and older civilizations, Keith decided he wanted to become an archaeologist sometime in the future. To learn about older civilizations and handle old pieces of art and the like. It was only a slightly weird fancy for a child, he was less focused on the dinosaur fossils and more on the old vases, but his parents figured "this too shall pass."

When Keith was about 15 years old, he truly began to come into his ability to read auras. Before this point, he had seen glimpses of people's auras, and gotten strange feelings from objects he touched, but hadn't thought too much about it. He had asked his father, but his father had always told him to keep quiet about it, and not to mention it to his mother.

One night, when his parent's auras seemed particularly troubled (he couldn't help himself when it came to looking at them through that special lens. They kept secrets, and Keith had never been fond of secrets), he asked what was going on. His mother asked how he knew something was up, and ended up accusing his father of using Keith as an emotional dumping ground, and spilling all the stresses of their marriage to their child and trying to make Keith hate her. Keith explained that none of that had happened, that he could just see the auras of energy around people and could tell something was going on by the colors within them and the way the auras themselves were acting.

After quite a bit of arguing and the like, his father eventually confessed to doctoring the results and told Keith's mother that their child did carry the SHA-13 gene, and that this ability to see auras, or whatever it was, was likely the manifestation of that gene. His mother freaked out, and would have turned Keith in to R.I.E.F. or Aspida given the chance. That would have risked Keith's life, and his father's.

Instead, Keith's father used some of his connections, and Keith's mother simply... vanished. It was at about this time that Keith's father revealed that he was in fact an archivist. When he discovered that Keith possessed the SHA-13 gene, he had rethought what he was doing with Aspida and had decided to start helping mutants rather than helping catch them.

It didn't take long for the reality of Keith's situation to sink in, and he was forced to adapt to this new information. He decided, at least for a while, to help his father help other mutants while simultaneously trying to stay as far off the radar as possible, and making the appropriately distraught noises over the sudden "loss" of his mother. Those looking into the case were more than willing to place the blame on Rogues, who were painted as having attacked Keith's mother in an attempt to get to his father.

STRENGTHS
+Perceptive
+Difficult to Surprise
+Empathic

WEAKNESSES
_No combat prowess to speak of.
_Anxious/Nervous Disposition (Coward.)
_Timid
_Indecisive

POWER

⤑Type | MENTAL ⤑ AURA READING
⤑Brief description of abilities/skills |
Keith is able to read the auras of living entities and non-living objects, although it takes slightly different forms depending on which he's dealing with.

For living entities, he is able to see fields of energy surrounding individuals, and from these fields of energy is able to discern the individual's emotional, mental, and physical status. Even if he is unable to physically see a person or living thing, their aura will show up to him as long as they're within range. The larger the living creature, the larger it's aura. (So, the aura of things like insects, spiders, and mice are rather small, while humans show up much larger.)

Objects are another story, and his ability acts as psychometry with them instead of seeing their auras (though the abilities appear to be linked). When touching an object and focusing on it, Keith can glean some knowledge about the object's history, such as who might have used the object last, and even sometimes who might have created the object. The longer someone has interacted with an object, the stronger their mark on the object is and the more Keith will be able to learn about them.

⤑Limitations |
Keith can only see auras within 100 feet of him, and walls or other obstructions decrease this range rapidly. Beyond a standard interior wall, he can only see about 60 feet. Iron, and alloys of iron, seem to mess with people's auras, or at least how he perceives them, in larger quantities.

Large numbers of auras being seen at once, and particularly strong auras (like those of someone who is completely enraged), or those of folks who are mentally unsound are likely to stun Keith, and quickly cause him to develop a migraine if he spends any length of time observing them.

Older objects have more imprints, and strong enough imprints may "force" themselves upon Keith, which often leaves him a bit stunned. The more imprints on an object, the more muddy they are likely to be and the longer it would take Keith to glean anything meaningful from it. Strong imprints are things such as intense emotions, including someone's death.

His abilities are not passive, he must concentrate to see auras or study an object's history. The more time he has to study an object, the more he can understand about it and it's history.

≡CHARACTER SKELETON≡
⤑ JOSEPHINE RAMSDEN | ⤑ JOSIE | ⤑ 25 | ⤑ YELLOW​

⤑ Written Appearance

A healthy complexion, bright blue eyes, and calm attitude bring Josephine together in a collective sense. A strange scar in the form of a symbol is marked on her lower left back which serves as a painful reminder that she is being hunted. Her worn black jacket is often tied around her waist in case she gets cold or needs something to hold onto.

⤑ Height | 121lbs
⤑ Weight | 5'5"

BIO

A bit of a skater and loner all mixed in one, Josephine has come a long way to where she is now. In high school, she was considered a bright student, but she often ruined her chances of getting top grades and scholarships by skating in everyone's way and getting high at lunchtime.

A stern pep talk (albeit somewhat insulting) from an acquaintance outside her usual clique got her revved up and determined to prove herself. She signed up for dual enrollment at sixteen, and much to her surprise, got in.

Josephine graduated with a 3.7 GPA, or first class in London, a high school diploma, and an associate's degree. Further eager to prove herself, she made it a goal to quit smoking and enrolled at Cambridge University.

Unfortunately, she was not accepted and out of the many other universities she applied to, most were hyperselective. Josephine traveled to Miami, Florida in search of better opportunities, but found most places were not accepting of her there either, for unknown reasons.

Her life changed, however, when she attended a party at an abandoned warehouse. In an effort to get over her struggles at twenty years old, Josephine intended to let loose and turn back to her old habits. Her fun was ruined when an anti-mutant riot crashed the party, intending to get rid of sympathizers.

Blood was spilled and Josephine, unfortunately, was stabbed in the lower back and a strange, intricate symbol was carved into her skin. The experience triggered her ability and upon the night ending, Josephine was transferred to a medical facility in the underground.

When she awakened a few days later, Josephine was introduced to people who were similar to her; shunned by society and not given a chance to prove themselves. Their passion to be equal among others inspired her to pursue a means of giving Rogues a normal, everyday life: synthetic blockers.

STRENGTHS
+ Josephine is a purple belt, and as such, although she is not a complete expert, she is skilled in hand to hand combat, finding pressure points, and various other means of physical combat.

+ Her outstanding skill to concentrate for long periods of time and not be distracted during her lab work is one that has granted her and her fellow Rogues the great opportunity to be 'normal'.

+ Despite appearing aloof and unfriendly, Josephine is wonderful at giving emotional support and being an active listener when someone needs it.

WEAKNESSES
- As much as Josephine loves rum, she has an absolutely horrid low tolerance for it. After three drinks, she's up and at it.

- Six years cooped up in her studies like a hermit and fighting for a better world means that she's terrible at making friends.

- Her work keeps her up longer than intended. Josephine sometimes gets so caught up in her studies, it's difficult for her to go to sleep at night.

- Josephine is convinced of her destiny to help other Rogues, therefore finds it difficult to address her shortcomings and take responsibility for her actions.

POWER

⤑ Environmental
⤑ Electrical Signal Manipulation gives her the capacity to manipulate and interface electrical impulses that correspond to motor skills and the temporary ability to transmit and receive minor telepathic communications upon touch. She can stimulate up to a moderate sensitivity to pain and mimic electric shocks upon touch, as well as disrupt electrical signals up to one mile away.

Josephine has also been known to temporarily paralyze arms, make them incapable of walking, and fail other gross and fine motor skills that are required in day to day life. At her most dangerous potential, she has the ability to shut down a person's body. It isn't known if she put them into a coma or if she can kill them, but Josie thinks the potential is there.

⤑ Josephine's abilities are often limited only to touch and require an intense amount of concentration and imagination. She cannot send anyone into permanent states of being unable to walk or changing directions while in a state of movement, and other types of fine and gross motor skills.

Her minor telepathy can also be intercepted by intermediate and advanced psychics and the amount of people she can send electrical signals to is limited to three people only, as long as she can either physically see them or she knows what they look like and their location.

For instance, if she knew the person hiding behind a building a block away, she could send electrical impulses out to them. She would have to picture them in her mind, however.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mobley Eats

≡CHARACTER SKELETON≡

⤑ Luna Theosia Cambridge | ⤑ Nostalgia | ⤑ Nineteen | ⤑ Green

APPEARANCE

⤑ Written Appearance

Luna's hair is styled into curls hidden underneath a skull cap or freely draping over her forehead, a family of freckles cover her face, along with dark skin and deep brown eyes. She's commonly dressed in baggy clothing and dull colors.

⤑ Height | 5'8"
⤑ Weight | 120 lbs

BIO

Luna grew up in a very prestigious and wealthy household, which was to be expected of the Buchanans. Luna's mother, Laura Buchanan worked at ASPIDA Industries as Head of Technology Engineering and Co-Head of Security Analysis. Raymond Buchanan was a stay at home father and although he spent plenty of time with Luna and her brother Emmanuel, she was especially fond of her mother. She was Laura's little "Moonshine".

Under Laura's doting and heavily Computer-Science influenced homeschooling, Luna learned the ins and outs of computer programming, coding, and data security--specifically how to breach them. The Buchanans were far too proud to test their children at a young age and kept pushing the option back until either of them turned 14.

On Luna's 13th birthday, her perfect and cozy life came crashing down around her. A neighboring child had stolen one of her presents and stomped all over it, reveling in the sounds of snaps and cracks. Furious, Luna activated her powers for the first time and injected a horrifying false memory into his mind, reducing him to screams and tears. Emmanuel was the only one who witnessed this odd change in behavior and assumed immediately that Luna was a Mutant. He finally had a reason to get rid of her and become the favorite.

However, in the mist of Emmanual telling their mother what happened, Luna panicked and altered Laura's memories as well. The woman suddenly recollected Emmanuel burning the same child at the party with pyro-manipulating abilities and reported him. A small mercy was shown in the form of giving her son a 24-hour head start. Emmanuel fled.

Luna knew that she wasn't out of the woods yet. A few days later, Laura caved into her paranoia and tested Luna as well, confirming what the woman feared. Equally crushed and disgusted that both of her children carried the gene, Laura and Raymond attempted to eliminate Luna themselves. The young girl came to a desperate decision and wiped their memories clean of her existence, which put her near the brink of illness. Nonetheless, she fled and changed her surname to Cambridge. She couldn't survive long on her own, even with her hacking skills, and sought out support from Rogue.

Luna's not constantly working for the organization, but she lends her technological abilities whenever the group beckons for her.

STRENGTHS
+ Observant
+ Photographic Memory
+ Hacking

WEAKNESSES
_ Lying/ deception
_ Not very strong
_ Non-confrontational
_ Water/ swimming

POWER

⤑Type: Mental
⤑Brief description of abilities/skills: Memory Projection, in which Luna can fabricate fake memories in place of another's real ones or erase a certain memory from the victim's conscience.
⤑Limitations: Luna must make eye contact with the target in order to activate her abilities. Simple material such as shades and someone's hand blocking eyesight prevents her powers from working. She is also limited to four uses of her ability per day before migraines and high-pitched ringing attacks her mind. Severe cases include fatigue, nosebleeds, delirium, temporary episodes of amnesia, and jumbled memories.

Last edited: