Rogue: The Uprising OOC

≡CHARACTER SKELETON≡

⤑ JOSEPHINE RAMSDEN | ⤑ JOSIE | ⤑ 25 | ⤑ YELLOW

⤑ Written Appearance

A healthy complexion, bright blue eyes, and calm attitude bring Josephine together in a collective sense. A strange scar in the form of a symbol is marked on her lower left back which serves as a painful reminder that she is being hunted. Her worn black jacket is often tied around her waist in case she gets cold or needs something to hold onto.

⤑ Height | 121lbs
⤑ Weight | 5'5"

BIO

A bit of a skater and loner all mixed in one, Josephine has come a long way to where she is now. In high school, she was considered a bright student, but she often ruined her chances of getting top grades and scholarships by skating in everyone's way and getting high at lunchtime.

A stern pep talk (albeit somewhat insulting) from an acquaintance outside her usual clique got her revved up and determined to prove herself. She signed up for dual enrollment at sixteen, and much to her surprise, got in.

Josephine graduated with a 3.7 GPA, or first class in London, a high school diploma, and an associate's degree. Further eager to prove herself, she made it a goal to quit smoking and enrolled at Cambridge University.

Unfortunately, she was not accepted and out of the many other universities she applied to, most were hyperselective. Josephine traveled to Miami, Florida in search of better opportunities, but found most places were not accepting of her there either, for unknown reasons.

Her life changed, however, when she attended a party at an abandoned warehouse. In an effort to get over her struggles at twenty years old, Josephine intended to let loose and turn back to her old habits. Her fun was ruined when an anti-mutant riot crashed the party, intending to get rid of sympathizers.

Blood was spilled and Josephine, unfortunately, was stabbed in the lower back and a strange, intricate symbol was carved into her skin. The experience triggered her ability and upon the night ending, Josephine was transferred to a medical facility in the underground.

When she awakened a few days later, Josephine was introduced to people who were similar to her; shunned by society and not given a chance to prove themselves. Their passion to be equal among others inspired her to pursue a means of giving Rogues a normal, everyday life: synthetic blockers.

STRENGTHS
+ Josephine is a purple belt, and as such, although she is not a complete expert, she is skilled in hand to hand combat, finding pressure points, and various other means of physical combat.

+ Her outstanding skill to concentrate for long periods of time and not be distracted during her lab work is one that has granted her and her fellow Rogues the great opportunity to be 'normal'.

+ Despite appearing aloof and unfriendly, Josephine is wonderful at giving emotional support and being an active listener when someone needs it.

WEAKNESSES
- As much as Josephine loves rum, she has an absolutely horrid low tolerance for it. After three drinks, she's up and at it.

- Six years cooped up in her studies like a hermit and fighting for a better world means that she's terrible at making friends.

- Her work keeps her up longer than intended. Josephine sometimes gets so caught up in her studies, it's difficult for her to go to sleep at night.

- Josephine is convinced of her destiny to help other Rogues, therefore finds it difficult to address her shortcomings and take responsibility for her actions.

POWER

⤑ Environmental
⤑ Electrical Signal Manipulation gives her the capacity to manipulate and interface electrical impulses that correspond to motor skills and the temporary ability to transmit and receive minor telepathic communications upon touch. She can stimulate up to a moderate sensitivity to pain and mimic electric shocks upon touch, as well as disrupt electrical signals up to one mile away.

Josephine has also been known to temporarily paralyze arms, make them incapable of walking, and fail other gross and fine motor skills that are required in day to day life. At her most dangerous potential, she has the ability to shut down a person's body. It isn't known if she put them into a coma or if she can kill them, but Josie thinks the potential is there.

⤑ Josephine's abilities are often limited only to touch and require an intense amount of concentration and imagination. She cannot send anyone into permanent states of being unable to walk or changing directions while in a state of movement, and other types of fine and gross motor skills.

Her minor telepathy can also be intercepted by intermediate and advanced psychics and the amount of people she can send electrical signals to is limited to three people only, as long as she can either physically see them or she knows what they look like and their location.

For instance, if she knew the person hiding behind a building a block away, she could send electrical impulses out to them. She would have to picture them in her mind, however.

Sense 8 fan?

Reactions: Mobley Eats
Yes, but where did you get that from? XD
The Synthetic Blockers lol! My mind immediately jumped into "over-analytical fangirl" mode as soon as I saw it. X'D

The Synthetic Blockers lol! My mind immediately jumped into "over-analytical fangirl" mode as soon as I saw it. X'D

Oh xD That! It took me a moment to realize what you were talking about LOL. Yeh, you could say she's inspired by Kala a little. ;w; I wasn't thinking about Sense8 when I made Josie, but Kala the best.

• Love
Oh xD That! It took me a moment to realize what you were talking about LOL. Yeh, you could say she's inspired by Kala a little. ;w; I wasn't thinking about Sense8 when I made Josie, but Kala the best.
Kala is baaaae. Her smarts and spazziness makes me smile lol!
Not gonna like though, Sun will always be my badass #1. I get just a *tad* too hype when she shows up.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: junebug
Kala is baaaae. Her smarts and spazziness makes me smile lol!
Not gonna like though, Sun will always be my badass #1. I get just a *tad* too hype when she shows up.

I'm all over Wolfgang tbh XDDDD

• Love
I'm all over Wolfgang tbh XDDDD
Oh God don't even get me started on that beautiful snack of a German man! *proceeds to melt*

• Love
Oh God don't even get me started on that beautiful snack of a German man! *proceeds to melt*

First time I saw him I was like "oh damn please gimme" x'D

• Haha
First time I saw him I was like "oh damn please gimme" x'D
Saaaaame! He saw him and literally choked on air while asking Jesus why I couldn't stumble across a beautiful creature like this lmao! But yeah I ship Kala and Wolfgang hard; their dynamic is so pure yet at the same time it goads this rebellious side out of Kala that I'm love more and more. Like that time she shot the car's gas tank and let the decline lead of trail of gas towards them before lighting it on fire? Genius.

Saaaaame! He saw him and literally choked on air while asking Jesus why I couldn't stumble across a beautiful creature like this lmao! But yeah I ship Kala and Wolfgang hard; their dynamic is so pure yet at the same time it goads this rebellious side out of Kala that I'm love more and more. Like that time she shot the car's gas tank and let the decline lead of trail of gas towards them before lighting it on fire? Genius.

I still don't understand why she went to Raj when she didn't want him in the first place. But the finale... It was... lit... XDDDD That's all.

Yeah she just needs to let the man go...Raj seemed completely committed to this relationship and yet has no idea what's really going on. Makes me kinda feel bad for him. But yes, the finale had me silent screaming at the screen for like 5 minutes.

That moment when the squad comes together. B)

• Love
Yeah she just needs to let the man go...Raj seemed completely committed to this relationship and yet has no idea what's really going on. Makes me kinda feel bad for him. But yes, the finale had me silent screaming at the screen for like 5 minutes.

That moment when the squad comes together. B)

YAS XDDDD Omg hahahaha

YAS XDDDD Omg hahahaha
Well, I'm just glad to finally find another Sense 8 fan. I don't ever see enough of them. Thanks for fangirling with me lol! X'D

• Love
A quick question before I start on my character: Does realistic images only mean photos only, or is realistic art allowed as well?

@Joan Real images only please. No artwork of any kind...at all...ever. :)

Reactions: Joan
≡DON'T CALL HER MAC-MAC≡
⤑ Mackenzie Macintosh | ⤑ Spitz | ⤑ 17 | ⤑ Yellow​

APPEARANCE

⤑ Written Appearance

As if a zombie, dull and plaintive, layered with garb and accouterments outlandish and abrasive. Short, lean, with the comportment of a chain-smoking veteran getting out of bed for a morning beer. Obscene graphic shirts, black leathers and dye-job give a plea for attention, tired eyes shout "leave me alone".

⤑ Height | 5'2"
⤑ Weight | 105lbs

BIO

Pearl Halladay. Scholar, adventurer, polymath, artifact hunter and expert navigator of love-tetrahedrons. Number thirty-two in the list of world's greatest feminist icons (source: questionable), and one of only two fictional characters on the list. Bonafide soap legend. Born Bertha Macintosh - not exactly the greatest name for TV, which was perhaps why she gifted her daughter with a catchy one full of blessed alliteration. Perhaps it was the best gift Pearl Halladay ever gave Mackenzie Macintosh.

That and, Mac supposed, a fighting chance.

Let us not indulge in false hope - everyone found out, eventually. But for a time, Mackenzie got away with being a mutant, blessed by a perfect storm of happenstance. Bertha had opted to give birth from the comfort of home, away from the scanners. The doctors who identified the aberrant gene were passionately swayed by the hippocratic oa- fact that they were die-hard 'Hallalifers'. They spun a sad exploited tale of miscarriage, and from the soap opera - for, truly, life imitates art - came the miracle of Mackenzie.

Not that what transpired next was very deserving of the lofty title. Pearl Halladay was a survivalist, and so was Bertha - for the sake of their livelihood and well-being, she placed her daughter until house arrest as soon as she learned to take her first step. For years, she lived like the child of a cultist holed in the nuclear shelter. Condemned to the shadows of Bertha's estate, all Mackenzie knew was that she was the deviant product of something awful, something better left confined. And Bertha… she'd never let them take her child away, only that was her vanity and pride speaking, not her maternal instincts. She'd never let them take her, but maybe she'd lose her all the same.

After all, kids are never very good at confinement, and they're the worst at stasis. Mothers would know.

It took a long time before Mackenzie knew how to efficiently navigate every spacious corridor of mother's estate, figured out how to jimmy every lock. But she did it, because the young are at their cleverest when it comes to designing their self-destruction. Out, out she went into the world of bleak sun reflecting off the grey of dimming red-brick, where she walked, walked until the rich neighborhood became the less rich, and all the more friendly.

On the front porch of that decaying house on the corner, there was a girl - and Mackenzie thought that she had found a sister.

She had.

For years Mackenzie carried out her clandestine operations escaping the 'Macintosh jail', while Pearl Halladay underwent a critically-acclaimed transformative arc (from woman who beat people up, to mother who beat people up). K.J. Quill of the decaying house on the corner waited for her everyday; she had things to show her, to teach her. The rickety swing on the swing-set with the chain that broke once a month and inevitably sent some kid to the ER (the promise of which, of course, made it the hottest commodity on the playground). The wall with the vaguely lewd graffiti, and the drunk on the bench cuddling a bottle, both of which could be keenly observed from the rickety swing. The way to making a promise that came from the heart, like when K.J. promised to always wait for her, and Mackenzie promised that her mother could never chain her forever, twin pledges sealed with the crossing of pinky fingers on the rickety swing.

God, that rickety swing.

Thing was, when you lived life on a rickety swing, the chain was bound to break eventually.

And when it had broke, Mac had been swinging, ignoring the heckling of silly boys and their stupid friends. She remembered the way K.J. had screamed (and the stupid boys in the beginning stages of their breathy guffaws) as she sailed through the air, and sank through the gravel. Mackenzie remembered, even, that she was probably the last of the assembled group to realize what she had been taught all her youth: she was a bad thing. Oh, how the silly, stupid boys had turned into cowardly boys who ran - yelping - away. K.J. had been scared too, only they had made promises, so she had stayed and pulled her out. Her sister had saved her life that day.

Plus: K.J. was the only little girl dumb enough to invite a crying mutant over for a sleepover.

They were half of a 'Frankenweenie' into the traditional sleepover movie marathon when K.J.'s mother had run in screaming, almost bodily heaving Mac out from their decaying house on the corner. So she ran, back from the friendly neighborhood to the rich neighborhood, until she decided that she wanted nothing there - so she ran some more, and the rich neighborhood turned into trees, which turned into a lonely road that stretched far, far away.

That the Rogues found her and took her in was another one of those 'miracles of Mackenzie'. It's been years since, and she's looking for one more: the sight of K.J., waiting for her.

STRENGTHS
+ Protective.
+ Tenacious.
+ Resilient.

WEAKNESSES
_ Jealous, possessive.
_ Tactless, crude.
_ Short-sighted.
_ Can't fucking swim.

POWER

⤑Type: Environmental

⤑Brief description of abilities/skills

Unrestricted Movement - Mac is able to move into, through, up and down surfaces (example: underground, the side of a tall building, walls), by seemingly causing a small area around her to shift into something akin to a body of liquid that she may swim through.

⤑Limitations
Let this be prefaced by the ultimate limitation: Mac can't swim, not without paddle boards, flippers, water-wings and preferably a breathing apparatus (and even then let's just say she wasn't born with webbed feet).

This is relevant as Mac's power turns the affected area into more or less a body of water, one that seems to experience heavy and unpredictable waves and tides (becoming stronger the larger/deeper the surface, or the longer the power is used). Inevitably, there is a drag - which Mac calls "the suck" - which threatens to drown her. Visibility is also generally impaired, as the liquid takes on the coloration of the surface (so while glass surfaces can be seen through, going underground is a bleak blur of brown).

Usage of the power has no lasting effect, the traversed surface reverting to its original state. Furthermore, Mac's power does not allow her to 'phase' through the living, seemingly being unable to parse through their constituent material.

Last edited:
≡CHARACTER SKELETON≡
Dean Kaden Anantasu | ⤑ Kade | ⤑ 23 | ⤑ yellow​

Written Appearance
Hard and dark features, with eyes more black than brown. Kade is comfortable in his lean body, visibly shown in his posture and quick agility. Often dressed in street wear, he prefers dark clothing and sports a septum and several other piercings. Despite his profession, he has no tattoos.

⤑ Weight | 163 lbs
⤑ Height | 5'9"

Brief History
Harvard or Yale? These were the questions that daunted him as he approached adulthood. He had it good- comfortable living with endless possibilities handed to him on a silver platter. Until the day he first had a bullet shot straight through his head. Life changing, indeed.

It hadn't made sense. Dean spent his early life without a worry or care for the gene mutation. He went to school and carried through life, confirmed to be clean of the so called disease. No one suspected him. Hell, not even himself. Although his mother had always preached on empathy and compassion, for the right to live and treat all humans equally, Dean never really gave into that kind of crap. He didn't voice it, but well, he just felt indifferent to those with no degree of rights. What did it matter to him?

He wasn't as smart as he thought. It rang like bells. All those lessons on morality from his parents. It was to prepare him for the day reif raided their home and shot up his family- himself included. Those bastards really got a kick out of spilling blood all over their furniture. These are versace sheets, you fucking prick!

His parents were the root of all his new coming misery. They were the gene carriers, both successful and rich. How did they do it? Well, their abilities allowed them to camouflage and immobilize the genes in themselves and their child. Child is singular, because his younger sister had no mutation. They still shot her up, relentless and cruel. Like the time he found a spider in their vacation home. He torched the web, the spider, and the million baby spiders emerging from its sac.

It was his parents fault. Such greedy swine, they had no right to have built their shitty lives into luxury. They had no rights at all, but they breached every ASD statute. They were terrorists! Aiding a god damn terrorist organization to guise other mutants. They had to have everything, such selfish, pure hearted people. They were so kind. He fucking loved him.
He didn't mind dying with them.

But to his horror and realization, he hadn't. There were no bullet holes, not even a scrape on his body. Stab him in the chest? Yeah, he'll feel it. But just give him a couple minutes and he'll be fine as ever. So what now? Does he seethe with bitter black rage and plan for revenge? No. Call him a coward, but no. He'd rather not die in the streets like a damn mutt. (Hell, even dogs had better treatment, hmu with that euthanization.) His folks taught him better than to submit. Self preservation. Do everything you can to survive.

Five years had passed since he'd gone rogue. The first thing he did in his new life was to reach out to Keegan Hull, a former colleague to his parents. Kade lives quietly as a tattoo artist, something he did on the side in his former life. Of course, his clients mainly consist of other rogues and the daring others who don't abide to the law.

VIRTUES
+ Resilient
+ Composed
+ Diligent

VICES
- Callous
- Languorous
- Indifferent
- Self Serving

POWER

⤑ Physical
⤑ Cell Regeneration: the ability to recreate lost or damaged tissues, organs and limbs.
⤑ Limitations: his ability does not grant immortality, as it does not slow his process of aging (albeit he will be in prime shape at old age) and he must meet the necessary needs for survival (ie. food and water). Poison and drugs? Only for a moment before it dissipates in his body. Although potentially he is able to resurrect after death, there are many set backs to his ability. A false sense of security. It becomes useless when faced with R.I.E.F technology. He must proceed with caution for a minor slip up can actually get him killed- permanently. His pain tolerance is high, but he still feels it. Death can be a blessing- remember that.

[/font]

≡CHARACTER SKELETON≡
⤑ Finnegan "Finn" Westfall | ⤑ Rocket | ⤑ 20 | ⤑ Yellow​

APPEARANCE

⤑ Written Appearance

Thin, gangly, and with the style of an abandoned laundry hamper, Finn is not exactly the most handsome guy out there. Though his light blue eyes are nicely framed by a strong chin, his good features are often lost in his unkempt mess of blonde curls. With a hunch that could be compared to the famed hunchback of Notre Dame, everything about Finn exudes carelessness.

⤑ Height | 5'11"lbs
⤑ Weight | 161 lbs

BIO

For Finn, his home was a breeding ground for his unbothered attitude. His father and mother both held decently upper-middle class jobs, ones that kept them comfortable, but had them working long hours. He spent a lot of his childhood in the care of nannies and babysitters who let him do whatever he really pleased, which for Finn was wasting hours away on the TV, video games, and the like.

Insisting the best for their son despite never being around, Finn was homeschooled by various tutors and private teachers, which offered him even more free time in place of going to school, and saving him from the tests or scanners present in the life of a child attending public school. For the first few years of his life, he lived in this bliss, until his parents suddenly remembered his existence and took him out to dinner.

Of course, off went the scanners. Ten year old Finn was just as shocked as everyone else was, and his parents cowered away from him in horror. "There must be some mistake," He shouted. He shouted at them and his dad tripped over a chair in fear. "I'm not... I'm not a mutant!" He screamed. But he was and they all knew it, so he had no choice but to run.

He was ten years old and he ran like hell. Lacking any life skills necessary to survive on his own, he was starving and sick within weeks of his stunt with a scanner. Without even any idea what his powers might be, Finn had nothing to aid him. He was on the brink of death when an Archivist rescued him and took him in. His name was Daniel Harper, and Finn probably wouldn't be alive without him.

Being rescued before his powers even showed, Daniel took pity on the boy and raised him until that time. Unfortunately, it would be a while before puberty hit Finn, as of course, with everything, he was late. Daniel, luckily, lived in a small house way in the hills, keeping Finn out of sight and out of mind. It wasn't until he nearly fell off that hill at age fifteen did his powers swiftly save him.

Thus ended his stint at Daniel Harper's house. Daniel sent him off to the Rogues and he's been there ever since. Known as the resident lazy arse, and easily someone with the weakest control of what could be pretty impressive powers, he's enjoying the protection he believes he could hold forever.

STRENGTHS
+ Quick Witted
+ Smooth Talker
+ Surprisingly, Empathetic

WEAKNESSES
_ Lazy
_ Careless
_ Uncoordinated
_ Enjoys Angering Others

POWER

⤑Physical
⤑Finn has what is best labeled as air manipulation, though he currently believes it to be only flight. With his abilities he can control the air around him, thus resulting in flight. Flight, however, is a careful concoction of manpulating air around himself and takes a lot of concentration to propel himself in the right direction. He has not in anyway mastered this ability, which leaves the rest of his powers to be undiscovered. With much skill and use of discipline that Finn lacks, he should be able to release strong bursts of wind for defense purposes, fly properly, play with some weather conditions, and a long way down the road, begin manipulating the air that people breathe, proving for some disasterous consequences.

⤑It takes a lot of skill to be able to control the wind and air, and a lot of energy. He is still a very shaky flier, even at best, and he's yet to even grasp the rest of his power's possibilities. Finn has also trained himself to manipulate his power mostly through gestures with his feet and hands, and if they were to be tied or rendered unusable, he wouldn't be able to do anything of use. Flying takes a lot of air to manipulate, so indoors, he could be at risk of creating a vacuum within the closed space. Smaller actions that he learns later on could be carried out indoors, but flight is ny impossible without suffocating himself and everyone else around. It's also made him much harder to train, because he has to have ample space or be in a room with circulating air to use his abilities. Being underground is not great for the development of his abilities.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you intended to change the reference to magic in the rules right? :P