4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Fandom, Post apocalypse
Characters || OOC || Extra

hXWDJTG.jpg

The year is 3538, humanity has advanced greatly in the field of technology to the point that the long awaited dream of having space stations and interstellar travel eventually became a reality. Soon after the construction of a warp gate was completed and large distances could be reached with the assistance of hyperdrives; other races from all over the universe would start to arrive on Earth and eventually a new friendship formed among new races to the point that humans begun to coexist with other races on planet Earth, yet due to the paranoia that humans might not be able to inhabit the same type of environment of other planets, humans have never left Earth to colonize other planets yet.
k0TxOgS.jpg

Within a matter of a few passing years and how Earth had started to gain more and more population due to aliens starting to come and inhabit the planet with humans together, the planet's resources started to reach a concerningly low point where it started to prove a dire threat to the planet and survival of any race on the planet. Government officials that consisted of both alien races and humans debated on what could be done to keep the planet from running completely dry; some argued that the alien races should leave the planet to allow humans to live on Earth since they were there first while others stated that humans should abandon Earth due to how it was doomed to end sooner or later one way or another.
After constant debate, the final decision everyone seemed to agree upon was building a ship that was to be named the S.S Destiny, it would be designed to hold a crew of both human and alien and have them travel the universe to see if they could find any planets that humans could live on peacefully that did not affect either human or alien in extremely harmful ways so that they could be able to diverse the population as well as share resources with the planets just so that planet Earth wouldn't have to be abandoned completely.

Last edited:
Rules

>> There will be no God modding or Power playing whatsoever in the roleplay. No matter how powerful your character is, you are not to be able to take on an entire army or multiple enemies without getting scratched at least once.

>> All characters can be posted immediately into the CS Thread. From there, I will review them myself. If it is accepted, it will receive a 'SPICY' reaction meaning you are allowed to start posting. If not, I will PM you about it and question you on what I believe should be changed.

>> Posting frequencies are to be expected at the very least once or twice a post a week. If you are unable to do this, please inform me or someone to let myself know as to why so that I do not assume anything and cause a removal from the roleplay due to inactivity.

>> If you are going to be gone for a long period of time, inform myself or someone to let me know for same reasons of previous rule.

>> Rules are subject to change at any given time.

>> If you intend to make a race of your own. Let me know beforehand so that we may speak of it before you post such a character. Just so that information about the race is known such as what they are, what is special of them, and their planet, lore is known.

>> Each post is expected to be at the very least ONE PARAGRAPH long at a minimum. One liners are not acceptable...Writer's block is understandable though please attempt to type at the very least the single paragraph.

>> Have fun!

-Launch Day-

The vehicle came to a stop as the crowd prevented any further approach. The driver looked back at his occupant having driven him here for several hours "Alright mister Vega. I believe this is your stop. You really going on that thing?" His passenger smiled as he grabbed his bag "Oh yes, and nothing is gonna stop me" All the driver could do was laugh "Good luck! I like my feet on the ground" Daren stood as the car drove away and looked up at the large ship. He knew it was gonna be big, but they did like to make them look good to. He found himself admiring the ship itself rather than making his way through the crowd. Only when a person bumped him trying to get a better look did he snap out of it and shoulder his bag.

Pushing through the crowd getting past the security was something he loathed. Strict and formal no sense of personality while they worked. All he could think of as they checked his identification was if they got his ships on board. Was gonna be difficult if they needed a quick response if they didn't. Finally letting him pass he walked towards the extended ramp from the S.S. Destiny. His implant had him analyzing every shade of color and posture of the people he passed. At first this was infuriating. But it had become something of a game. How much can he see.

He had found many of the groups boarding the S.S Destiny saying goodbye to family or already on board and working on their tasks. What caught him most wasn't the incredible diversity or the already hard at work crew. He stood at the center of the hanger looking around. He was supposed to meet people here. Something of a get together of critical crew. If it was necessary who was he to argue. But part of him wanted the ship off the ground already. Whether it was this ship he was directly piloting or one of his own he wanted to get flying.

Reactions: ValGalorian
S E C T O R
Nezumi | Mechanic
≡Location: S.S. Destiny, Hangar Bay
≡Interactions: Daren "Warlord" Vega (@Soverign )

Sector had gotten on the ship early. Like. Really early. She was excited, and also kind of worried about getting through the throngs of people to get her stuff on the ship. And didn’t want anyone touching her stuff. It’d probably be different if it were all crew members, that probably wouldn’t be too bad, but having the general public being able to poke at her contraptions and drones and half-finished projects? That just sounded like a recipe for disaster.

So. The little nezumi had woken up early, and filled her living quarters with… well. Stuff. The footprint of the room was the same as most, but everything inside had been scaled down appropriately. Honestly, it just translated to her having quite a bit more floor space than most. (And the room being uncomfortable for folks bigger than her, but that was fine. The rest of the ship was scaled for people bigger than her anyways, and she could do with having one spot where she felt comfortable and not like she was running around with giants. She was kind of use to that feeling, though.

By this point, however, the nezumi had zipped off to the engineering bay to familiarize herself with the area. Even a small section of this area had been sized appropriately for the nezumi, though she honestly didn’t recall the exact percentage of the ship’s crew that was smaller-than-human. She was pretty sure it was low. Destiny was, for the most part, a human endeavour and most seemed to recognize that. The rat rolled her eyes and shook her head.

How silly. It was going to benefit everyone. Human or not. How would they know if they found planets suitable for the alien species if none of the aliens came on board?!

A little alarm sounded in her brain, and she heard S.P.A.R.K.’s voice.

Oi! Remember there’s a critical crew meeting in the hangar about-now.

Rightright. I didn’t forget. Well. Not really.

Sector “heard” S.P.A.R.K.’s snicker, and the rat skittered off towards the hangar bay, with S.P.A.R.K. scanning for “critical crew” as she did.

The first she recognized was Warlord, a human pilot a bit under half her height.

That fact didn’t seem to slow the rat down in the slightest, and she promptly skittered over and looked up, eyeing him for a moment, then waved. It was a good thing, for mechanics and pilots to be friends. It meant the pilot would (probably?) trust your repairs more, and be more likely to tell you when something was up.

And if you didn’t know something was up, how could you fix it before it became a bigger problem? It wasn’t as big a deal for Sector, S.P.A.R.K. could interface with whatever system was necessary and run diagnostics, but pilots had a biological element that sometimes caught weird things that programs or machinery could miss.

”Vega, right? Or d’you like Daren or Warlord better?” the nezumi’s voice came out quick, the words nearly running into each other. She gave a pause, coughed, and rubbed a paw over her whiskers, ”Sorry. I mean. I know. I talk a little quick. Recognized you due to near-AI facial recognition. I’m Sector. One of the mechanics.”

She then flashed a grin.

Daren turned to look at who ever was talking to him. He hadn't even turned around before they were onto their next sentence. Turning to face the individual he was met with a nezumi. He hadn't met many of them but he gave a small smile knowing whatever they decided to work on usually became fixed. He respected their work ethic. "Why hello. And i don't care what you call me. Vega, Daren, Warlord, Name is a name. And good to meet you Sector" As he looked at her he stepped back letting a pair of workers to drag a large crate past them. Daren then looked back at Sector "Well glad to meet a mechanic, hope your good. Either this ship or the smaller ships we will need your skills. Or i may need to grab a wrench" He couldn't help but chuckle. Truth be told if he was familiar with a ship he could fix it himself. But he would need her, especially for a ship this size.

However as he thought about it he looked back at the mechanic noticing had no bags or equipment on her "Have you already moved in? Early bird or am i just that late?" He looked around still kinda confused. All he was told was meet at this point. With the dozens and dozens of crew moving equipment, vehicles, and crates he wouldn't be surprised if people got lost in the chaos.

Sullivan Aston

Interactions: Daren @Soverign, Nezumi @Reythaak

Sullivan took a long pull on the cigar, feeling the smoke fill his lung before blowing it out again, before he put it out in the astray and stood up in the quarters, taking a look around at the mess that was the interior. Tools littered the place, his bed was a marred mess of blankets and sheets, and manuals lay open haphazardly on the desk he had. He smiled, feeling just at home on the exploration ship as he had in his own apartment. He had insisted on arriving a week earlier, to familiarize himself with the various parts of this massive ship. His company had permitted him the opportunity to act as a ship engineer in the past, but never before was it for such a large and important undertaking, and Sullivan had felt it important to get to work immediately. So, under the watchful eye of wary security he had arrived before the departure date, got settled in, and took a look around the ship to settle his curiosity. Of course he wasn't really allowed to certain parts of the ship, such as the armory.

The servos in his mechanical arm whirred and whizzed as he brought the arm up to ruffle his hair as he looked around. I suppose I should clean this place up before someone sees this mess huh? Sullivan chuckled to himself at the thought. It was most certainly something to get used to, living constantly with the other crew. He picked up a portable cup of coffee that he had left next to the manuals and took a second to look in the mirror on the wall, carefully adjusting the tinted welding goggles and looking over his rugged appearance. It was time to meet the rest of the crew.

Seemingly satisfied, Sullivan stepped out of the room and out into the hall of the ship, walking away. For the first time in a week he wasn't heading to the engineering bay, instead he was heading towards the hangar. A critical crew meeting was happening there, presumably because they wanted to make a big speech about them being the hope of mankind and earth and whatnot. It hadn't just been the systems he had been looking over of course, he'd familiarized himself with the profiles of the other engineers and mechanics that were working on the ship, which is why he recognized the little rat alien that was skittering around the hangar bay, apparently striking up a conversation with another crew member that Sullivan did not recognize. He took a sip of the black coffee inside the bottle, savoring the bitter taste as it left the monogrammed container. "I ♥ engineering." was inscribed on the front. A gift from a coworker from quite a bit ago. It was quite the handy little thing, able to clip onto his belt quite securely, so he didn't have to hold the thing constantly. He attached it to his belt and then walked over to the pair, giving a short wave to the pair with his robotic arm. "Ya'll must be some of my new coworkers. Name's Sullivan, ship engineer, it's a pleasure to meet yah." Unfortunately, it seemed he had arrived just as the pair engaged in conversation, so hopefully he'd get his foot in the door and get involved in the conversation.

Amelia Lockheart

She had gone over the manifest multiple times. It was the only way she was going to recognize anyone. And the lists upon lists of information kept her active during the ride. Her car came to a sudden stop when the vehicle in front halted abruptly. She looked through the window to see a well kept man with a short beard and carrying a bag get out of the vehicle and begin making his way to security. Was a crew member? Amelia was still going through the manifest for the sixth time and had yet to fully remember anyone.

"We are almost there, miss Lockheart," the driver said. She reached for her suitcase. "Excuse me, miss, but your father said that I was to walk you up to the security point."

Of course he did. Her father was always so over protective. "That will not be necessary."

The drive simply cleared his throat. "Those are my orders, miss. And it would make me feel a lot better."

He had been driving for the family for several years. And had taxied Amelia around in multiple countries for the last three years as her personal driver. But even now his face lacked any worthwhile features to remember him by. His voice was easier to identify. Amelia knew that she would forget him quickly. Even though she didn't want to. She never wanted to forget people but she had always found it too easy to accidentally become detached.

"Very well, if you insist," she said, conceding to his demand.

Amelia got out of the car herself, despite the driver rushing too late to get the door for her. She began walking at a rather brisk pace, her short heels clacking against the road. Even from far away, the ships size was breathtaking. A monument to human engineering, first wonder of a new age of space exploration. She had not seen many spaceships in person during her very secluded life. But this was, by long and far, the grandest ship she had ever seen. A technological marvel, a masterpiece of science and art. Only the greatest minds could of contrived such expert design. Amelia was very eager to learn all that she could about the ship itself. What was its power source? What new engine had they developed? Was it capable of warping space/time and entering subspace, or did it use a wrap engine to achieve FTL speeds, or perhaps it had a phantom drive to pass through wormholes? Had this ship bridged the theoretical and possible? All of its details and specifications had been kept very private: On a need to know basis. So far she had not needed to know. Maybe her parents knew? It would not surprise her if they had a hand in its construction.

Just as she entered the bustling sea of bodies, her driver walked out in front of her and began clearing a path. She managed to walk through without too much trouble. Though at a far slower pace than she would of liked. The sooner she was through the crowd the better. Finally reaching the checkpoint.

"This is as far as they'll let me go, miss," the driver said. She just nodded her reply. "I'll wait here until I see you board."

She simply looked at his face. He had unremarkable brown eyes. Tanned skin. Dark hair. Was there anything else of note?

"That is quite alright, you can head back to the car now. I am in very good hands from her on." Amelia turned towards the nearest security guard. "My credentials to prove who I am, my digital application form and acceptance letter, and official writ of my new rank and position." Amelia handed a thick folder over to the guard. He took one look at the first page within, then waved her through. "Thank you."

She made her way from the guard and to the ramp. Pausing to look back. There was a lone man stood on the far side of the security gates. Was that her driver? She could not tell from this short distance. Maybe it was him and he was dutiful to the very end. Or maybe he had no need, had gone back the car, and she was simply mistaking this standing stranger for her driver. She should miss him. But she would not.

Pulling her suitcase on little wheels, Amelia boarded the S.S Destiny.

Last edited:
S E C T O R
Nezumi | Mechanic
≡Interactions: Vega (@Soverign ), Sully (@conman2163 )

The little rat skittered back a few steps herself, looking after the crate for just a moment, her nose twitching with curiosity before her attention was drawn back to the human pilot. ”If I wasn’t good, I wouldn’t be here,” she pointed out, folding her arms over her chest, nose wrinkling very slightly. The grin overtook her entire face a moment later though, nowhere near as cocky as the words might have come across at first glance. ”Naw. Seriously. Between the work that went into making it, and me and the others maintaining it? Oughta be pretty smooooooth flyin’... hypothetically.”

S.P.A.R.K. gave Sector another little notification “blip” when it noticed Sullivan, and Sector bounced back just a little bit to get the other human included in the little group properly. S.P.A.R.K. didn’t even have to tell her, Sullivan totally looked and smelled like an engineer or mechanic. He probably tasted like one too, but Sector wouldn’t test that. ”Hiya Sully. Yeah, calling you Sully. Hope that’s okay. Can’t be bothered with the entire thing all the time,” she gave a sheepish shrug.

The Near-AI gave her another little nudge to remind her of Vega’s earlier question, and her head swiveled back to the pilot, though one ear was cocked towards Vega and the other towards Sullivan.

”Sooo. Early bird. And there’s kind of logistical problems with me, at least, comin’ on the ship when everyone else does. Namely. I’m kinda small. Y’all are kinda big. I don’t fancy gettin’ trampled, ya know? They talk about rat swarms and stuff, but seriously! Humans do it just as well or better! No offense intended, of course. Nothin’ inherently wrong with it, and I know us nezumi do a pretty good job of it ourselves.”

David Stein

Mozart - Requiem in D minor

One of David's favorites.

A song that he often listened to when working in the lab. Especially now that he was in the lab of the S.S Destiny. Well not the lab, but one of them. An early arrival combined with a request to familarize himself with the equipment granted him this privilage.

Almost everything to the smallest of devices was state of the art. And built. The prospect of working on this ship became more and more exciting. Almost as if nothing could ruin.

Knock knock

Almost nothing.

With an annoyed grumble, he turned off the music, which had been playing through the small lab. And made his way to the entrance. Opening the door to reveal one of the security team.

"Dr. Stein, your presence is needed in the hanger for the crew introductions."

He almost forgot about that. After giving a brief "Danke." To the guard, David walked down the corridors. The only sound was the quiet sounds of his many, many cybernetics and his breathing apparatus.

The journey was short, and when David arrived, he noticed that some of the more prominent crew members had yet to arrive. That wasn't to say that the hanger was empty as various individuals moved about either in conversation or to find a spot to wait for the introduction to the crew were done.

His artificial eye with the help of the visor he was wearing, was caught on a small group already in conversation, whom were comprised of two humans and a nezumi. Engineers if he wasn't mistaken. An interesting group to say the least.

'Go over and talk to them.' A small voice in the back of his mind suggested.

A suggestion that was ignored. As what if that group disliked cyborgs heavily altered such as himself or had a hatred of scientists? Or some other varying types of dislike or discomfort?

While he didn't care what they thought about what he had done to his body. It would be hurtful to the ship if a scientist and an engineer were on less than good terms.

So David went with a compromise.

Making his way past what looked to be a blonde soldier with glasses looking around for his commanding officer, he stood nearby to the group, but not close enough to notify them of his would be joining, but at this distance, he should be able to hear what was going on as to so he can decide if he wanted to join the group conversation...

Amelia Lockheart

As she verged the precipice of the boarding ramp and was entering the main hanger, she saw that many people were already attending to their duties. But there was one group stood still, in the middle of what can only be described as a thoroughfare. Two of them had even had to step back to let a box be dragged by. But despite this, they still stood in the middle of everyone's way. Should she tell them to move along? It's not like she has any commanding rank or authority to do so.

She should at least inform them. Amelia made to approach them. But a single person caught her eye. A middle-aged man, stood further back, and just watching the same group. He looked familiar. But his face and name were escaping her. When she noticed the vast cybernetic replacements, she concluded that she could not possibly know him. Yet he still seemed very familiar. Carefully, Amelia approached him.

"Excuse me, mister..." she said rather timidly. Handshake. Handshake! Her parents often told her of the importance and politeness of a handshake and an introduction. "My name is Miss Amelia Lockheart."

She extended her hand out for him to take.

Interactions: David Stein @The Wanderer

Last edited:
Hector.png

The ship was looking as well as it could, which was the least that Hector could have hoped for.​

A sandwich in one hand, a datapad in the other, Captain Danton walked the bridge inspecting each and every console with a checklist that his eyes never left for more than a few seconds. True, he had been given access to the ship a few days ahead of the actual launch to familiarize himself with the systems and the layout, and he had done all of this before, but it never hurt to be more than sure. His combat boots clanked against the metal flooring between the many computers and navigational equipment it would take to get this giant hunk of metal moving, and while he couldn’t claim to understand it all, he could at least take a look and spot things if they were wrong. It would take the navigators, pilots, mechanics and engineers to truly make sure this ship was good to go, and to be fair a number of experts had been doing that daily for more than a few months now, but Hector preferred to do it himself when he could.​

Holding the datapad, he reached up with his thumb to mark another item off the checklist, he made his way to the front view window, overlooking the crowd that had gathered in front of the ship to see them off. He stared at them for a moment, tiny people from his viewpoint, munching slowly on his food. He knew his ‘family’ wasn’t down there, and in fact a number of them would be glad to be rid of him. It meant that someone else could compete for the position on the ExStar Council. Good, it never mattered to him and he’d rather be out in the frontlines fighting than sitting in some chair debating with a few decrepit ancient gunslingers about the details regarding how many men they should commit to a border skirmish. As he took another bite from his sandwich, he peered over at his PDA to get the time. The crew, the ones that weren’t already here, would be arriving in the Hangar by now probably for some speech from the Captain...or in this case, Captains.​

Hector groaned inwardly to himself. He had never been a good speaker, always preferring to let his actions speak louder than he could ever bring himself to do. He knew that the main reason he had been given this position was because he had led men and women through the fire of war and brought them out the other side. They were anticipating some kind of military response out there, and they wanted someone who wouldn’t flinch when the time came to fire the first shot. Still, he would have to adapt himself somewhat to deal with the fact that he wasn’t just leading a group of bloodthirsty mercenaries out to make some money and crack some heads, but scientists and engineers, botanists and doctors, psychiatrists and rookie military children. In most of his other ops, they would have been strategic assets, to pull from the fire, or targets themselves. Still, with everyone boarding and launch time coming up rather fast, he knew he would have to go and introduce himself and the crew, explain the mission, and perhaps provide a tidbit of hope for them going forward.​

Considering the total lack of information, including destination, hope is the last thing I can truly give them without a real slap of a reality check. Hector thought to himself as he finished his sandwich and placed the datapad on one of the console desks. With that thought in mind, and wiping his mouth to make sure no crumbs remained, he walked out of the bridge on route to the Hangar.​

The Hangar was pretty large, and perfect for their current needs. Normally they would have used the briefing room for this sort of speech and/or discussion, but due to the numbers currently being addressed, the Hangar allowed for easier access to their ears. Hector stood on top of one of the overhanging walkways, looking down on the crew. They would have to crane their necks a bit to see him, but at least this way he could be sure he could see everyone and address them all properly. Already they were starting to mingle and interact with each other, introductions were had and potential friendships starting to bloom. Good, personal connections can assist and motivate in times of crisis. Unless they interfere with the job via emotional breakdown...I’ll have to keep a close eye. Hector thought to himself as he fiddled with an earpiece. It would allow him to hook into the ship wide speakers, so that he could broadcast and allow everyone to hear him without shouting at the top of his lungs like an idiot.​

Speaking of, he had never actually properly worked with an AI prior to this assignment. He had, on the rare occasion, been asked to retrieve a blackbox that contained an AI spark. Aside from that he never had any reason to interact with them. It was a bit of a different experience, talking to something that you know was not born, but created in a lab and given specific behavioral patterns. During his initial visit to the ship, he had been introduced to Mandy, the ship AI. He couldn’t say he liked or hated her, to him she was yet another piece of equipment, however advanced. Still, it was akin to his rifle developing a mouth and spouting off to him when it needed ammo, or his grenades suddenly shouting ‘PULL THE PIN AND RIP THE KNOB OFF’. A bit offsetting, but he was already getting over it and doubted it would impact him further. She seemed more than capable at doing her job, and with an actual body to walk the ship, she could at least simulate being a person if that was her desire.​

On top of that, he had a brief introduction with the other Captain of the vessel, a ‘Yukito Zala’. Officially, they had equal authority on the ship, and were basically to act as two halves to the same whole. The initial introduction had been tricky, as Hector had accidentally assumed him to be an android, or heavily cybernetic human. He had, of course, been corrected and another realization dawned on him as to why he had been given this role. They needed or wanted at least one Human to run the ship. After all, it was ultimately a mission for Humanity to find a new home. Yukito’s species, the Xeropt, he hadn’t had any interaction with before, but as far as he was concerned that was a non issue. He would either perform, or Hector would stand in and take control where necessary. Hector released a bit of a sigh, he was already thinking in terms of worst case scenario. He needed to relax a slight bit and attempt to see things from a optimistic route.​

So there he leaned, his arms crossed on the railing and watching as more and more people filtered into the hangar and met each other. The crowd outside making enough noise as to be heard from where he was, and last minute checklists being made throughout the entire ship he was sure. For now, he waited for Captain Zala to show up and for the rest of the crew to finish embarking. Then they could get this speech out of the way and shoot off into the unknown.​

Speaking of…​

Hector brought his PDA forward and tapped a few buttons, displaying a document that he had written himself. His version of a speech, but the more he read it, the more he hated it. Every time he changed it, it somehow got worse. He frowned as he read it again anyways, hoping that he would be able to salvage it into something workable by the time everyone was ready.​

Last edited:

Yukito Zala
Yukito Zala
Interactions
@ValGalorian @The Wanderer @Soverign @Reythaak
---
Rather than dress overly formal as recommended by his superiors at the council, a male had been one of the more late comers to the actual launch day by arriving on a rather large motorcycle. As he neared the crowd who seemed far too interested in the sight of the massive ship known as the S.S Destiny plastered right across the exterior of the hull, two guardsmen approached the rider with one hand each extending forward to demand that the male halt his vehicle and identify himself. With a deep sigh leaving his lips underneath his helmet, the male simply helped himself off his motorcycle as the sight of the black short sleeved shirt and dress pants gave the guards the thought that this was just some troublemaker who was trying to ruin the event. As the male removed his helmet however and revealed a badge that he kept in one of his pockets for identification that he was the current Captain of the S.S Destiny; the two guardsmen quickly straightened their stance before saluting with an apology to follow. "It is fine. Just, have someone bring my bike into the hanger and store it somewhere will you?" With that, Yukito soon lifted the back seat of his bike just to pull out both a black coat that held the insignia of the United Council on the left shoulder as well as the very same insignia on the front of the coat as well.

Swinging the coat over his shoulder while he also carried his large suit case in his other arm, the Yukito simply progressed his way towards the loading ramp while ignoring the sounds of the crowd's cheering and chatter about how excited they were for the whole launch. Once stepping into the hanger, the very sight of how spacious it was had the young male quite in the bit of awe even if he had already seen it before from inspecting the ship both in person and checking through the schematics back at his home. Shifting his gaze around the room as he eyed each individual wandering around; the crew members around the Hanger appeared to had been a good diversity of both alien and humans working together, at least that was a good sight; though none of them appeared to had been of the Xeropt race, that wasn't too surprising honestly.

Eventually his golden hues came across what appeared to had been five particular crew members who were all chatting with one another in the middle of the Hanger. Focusing on them for a few moments, he soon came to realize that the individuals had fit the description of a few of the specialized crew members that had been selected for the mission of traveling on the S.S Destiny. Approaching the members of the crew, he gave a slight bow of his own head as an greeting rather than lower his suitcase to offer any form of a handshake since he had still been quite used to greeting others in the usual bowing as many other Xeropt tend to do so. "Greetings. I assume that you all are specialists that were listed on the roster for the exploration mission?" Questioning the five crew members he could only assume the fact that he hadn't seen Hector anywhere nearby probably meant that he was already somewhere on the ship doing some inspection or probably waiting on the bridge. Wherever he was, Yukito was sure enough that the two men would meet eventually once more after their first introduction with one another already.

Last edited:
Rook Stevens Jr.

He could not believe it was actually happening.

Hell, on the way here, he pinched himself multiple times to ensure that none of this was a mere dream or some figment of his imagination.

Despite confirmation that he was in fact not dreaming or unknowingly on some type of drug, his mind still couldn't comprehend it. A part of him hoped he was allowed to take pictures for when they got back so he had something to show to his family.

A mild hope that could easily be denied. But he entertained himself with the idea.

However, his focus was needed in reality.

Rook was carrying his duffle bag filled with some clothes, and some minor things like a picture of his folks, a music player for when he was off duty. And of coarse, supplies for cleaning and maintaining his glasses. Not that the ship and crew couldn't help him there, he didn't want to trouble them though. If anything, he could do the good ol' fashioned method of duct taping the glasses together.

In his hands was a slip of paper that told him where he was going to staying, a list of commanding officers and important information. Well important to him and whomever also shared the same career of being a soldier. Putting the slip into a pocket in his pants, Rook looked around for anyone that was interesting and cool looking. As his eyes went over the other crew members, he thought he caught a glimpse of someone in a dark corner, but when Rook blinked the man was gone.

Maybe he should've slept an extra hour.

Deciding that a small group that were conversing looked cool enough to talk to. He only stopped when he saw someone walk up to them first. Said man looked familiar. Racking his brain for memory of who said man could be, he suddenly remembered. The Co-Captain, or was he the Captain and the other man was the Co-Captain? One of the things that Rook would continue to fail to understand. Not wanting to interrupt the group and their important matters. Rook settled on just standing off to the side.

For some reason, he couldn't help but feel like he was being watched...

David Stein

Just as he began to listen to the small group converse, it seemed that someone decided to strike a conversation with him. As the lady introduced herself, David lightly tilted his head and cocked an eyebrow. Did he know this person? Perhaps a former colleague from the past?

Not wanting to be rude, David extended his hand.

"Dr. David Stein. nice to make your acquaintance, Frau Lockheart." His said with a light German accent, shaking her hand with his artificial one. Taking care not to accidentally scratch her with one of his claws. The downside to his cybernetic provider, they decided instead of making the fingers out of a material so they could get a grip, they went with claw-like protrusions on the fingers.

They were just as handy in handling dangerous chemicals or parts extracted during a dissection.

It seemed that he had forgotten to put on his signature visor-helmet he was known to wear in the lab. Something he couldn't afford doing again. While he was positive he would be fine, but he didn't want to risk infection or inhalation of dangerous chemical fumes. Not to mention, he slightly disliked it when people stared at him.

As he waited for her response, his attention was pulled back to the small group who had one more addition, this one being one of the Captains. Seems that he wasn't the only specialist. Not a thought born of needless narcissism. But one born of mild curiosity. What else could the others bring to the table. "Herr Captain." He said, nodding to the man. His artificial eyes roaming over the others, now with genuine curiosity.

Eli Muller

So many interesting faces, each one telling a story of their own. A heavily augmented man in what looked to be a strange leather long-coat walking from one of the corridors that more than likely led to the one of the labs. A scientist or doctor? Someone with a compulsive need to replace organic parts with artificial ones? A man with a robotic arm that had a cup strapped to his belt. Did he lose the arm in an engineering accident, or an accident of another category? Military or even just randomly in the streets?

The nezumi, quick in both talk and physically. Similar to the one with the robotic arm, Eli could practically see the words "Engineer" float above their heads. The other human though, he lacked the stance and physical wear of an engineer. But he also lacked the typical neatness of a scientist, who was he? A soldier? Possibly, but Eli could tell the man was a soldier of a different type. Special forces, or maybe pilot? Given that he is talking to engineers would indicate that he is checking to gauge their skill should his ship need repairs. But could even be more likely he checking to see if they could fix his gear when he returns from the field. Eli would have to find out himself.

Another lady made her way over to the heavily augmented man, seemingly striking up a conversation. Former colleagues? Maybe something more or less.

Eli's musing was interrupted as he noticed that a blonde soldier had seen him, but his amusement grew when the blonde thought he was seeing things when Eli re-positioned himself to a different hiding spot. Or a spot in which a bystander would look at their first chance beyond a quick glance.

Deciding to continue where he left off, he returned his attention to the duo. The augmented man return the lady's greeting, though at this distance. He couldn't hear what the man said. Not that Eli in particular cared, he was sure he would learn the man's name soon enough, as with the lady as well. It was only a matter of time.

Sneaking around like this would give the impression that he was a stowaway, a man deluded with thoughts of grandeur at sabotaging the ship before its journey. The truth was far from it. In fact, he was part of the crew. A scout for when they would go onto planets so that the good soldiers and whomever wouldn't hurt themselves parading around. It was just that Eli felt more comfortable observing from the shadows, from prying eyes, and to avoid someone walking over to him in an attempt to make friends with him. Not that he was anti-social or didn't have friends. It was just that his friends were as paranoid as him and most likely were planning to kill him at the slightest hint of betrayal. A task he had also done. Not wanting to be outplayed.

The crew such as the Captains and the security had been notified of his antics, so hopefully he would avoid starting a scene.

Speaking of the Captains. Eli could see one of them high above on one of the platforms, more than likely getting ready to deliver a speech about their cause and the usual things. And one below joining the group he was looking at earlier. This one with augmentations that almost made wonder if he was an advanced android model, or another heavily augmented human like the one talking to the lady. But Eli reminded himself of the fact there was an alien race that had traits similar to this one. He couldn't remember the name of the species. Eli would have to again, find out on his own time.

Deciding to sit back and watch from his position behind a crate. An interesting crew was gathering. Interesting indeed, and Eli could only hope he would be surprised for once.

Having waited Daren spoke to Sector and nodded to everyone who had arrived after. His implant had him analyzing so much he didn't talk as much. Each person that approached he had scanned and analyzed out of habit. He had no idea who exactly each person was but his implant forced him to memorize body stature, colors, scents, hell even eye color specifically. This can be misunderstood as him staring and often makes people uncomfortable. Daren took a breath and saw another person show up.

At this rate they may just invite the whole crew. New people just show up every minute or something he thought to himself. But to his surprise this was the Captain. Being used to stuck up by the book leaders he seemed.......overjoyed that the Captain seemed unique. Not like the others, in more ways that one it would seem. Looking around the group he wondered if he should salute or just nod. Deciding on the ladder Daren gave an acknowledging not and turned to face the Captain.

Still sensing Sector was still by him he put his hands in his pockets and waited for what he assumed would be a speech or a briefing. If it got him closer to be behind the controls of the ship he would wait for however long the Captain wanted to speak. This should be entertaining.

Sullivan Aston

Interactions: Daren @Soverign, Nezumi @Reythaak

Sully, it was a nickname he had in the past, one given to him by countless friends and coworkers in the passed who couldn't be bothered with his whole name. "Yeah, Sully 'll do just fine I imagine. Ain't nothin' worth kickin' a fuss up about after all. Been called that my whole life." He cocked his head to the side when he recognized the silence of Daren after the Nezumi responded to him, speaking in a way that kind of fit her little mouse like form quite well. He even turned away from her. Sullivan cocked an eyebrow to go with his head tilt. "Kind of an odd feller, ain't yah? Pretty lady goes an talks to yah all nice like and the best you can give her is a shoulder in response. Ah well. Takes all kinds of people I suppose." He reached to a small pouch on the left side of his belt and fumbled inside before pulling out a small cylindrical device. Though he much preferred real cigars, the smoke just wasn't polite to have around coworkers and customers, so he had long ago learned to carry the little electrical piece. It had a little cartridge that fit into the bottom filled with vapor, similar to the old E-cigarettes that used to be used all the time back in the day, except the vapor was odorless and colorless, and dissipated the moment it left his mouth. He lifted it to his lips and took a pull on it, feeling the nicotine rush again. Thankfully the science had been refined so much that the toxins that old earth companies used had been removed completely. It didn't prevent the nicotine addiction, but at least now it wouldn't kill anyone. He blew the vapor out his mouth, probably looking pretty silly to anyone who didn't know just what it was, before placing the object back in the pouch. "In any case, ya get a chance to go take a look at the engineerin' bay? Place is pretty spiffy, ain't seen so many shiny tools in my life. They really went all in on this place. Keepin' her up ain't gonna be any problem with somethin' like that." He scratched his chin. "By the way, didn't catch yer name miss. What was it again?"

Daren looked at Sullivan and looked him over. But decided to break the silence that he had stated before. Rubbing the back of his head slightly "Apologies. My implant kinda gets me focusing to much. Don't you worry Sully, I am not rude on purpose" Daren then gave a playful bump to Sector. He then looked back at Sully. He noticed the electrical piece and knew it well. He did not smoke himself but so many of his Commanding officers had and a special few actually cared to smoke one of those around those they trained. Daren then looked at Sully then at Sector "So you two, what do you make of ol' Captain there" He looked at Sully then at Sector again hoping to gauge their opinions on him "The Captain looks like business but then again looks can be deceiving" Many people seem good at deception. But then again, those of command have the potential to be very good at it.

Mandy wandered the mainframe checking and cross checking systems and control programs like a general inspecting her troops and had she have been a flesh and blood general her troops considered her a Martinet. She had been part of the engineering yards AI supply officers and testing computer that the staff used to install systems, diagnostics, and drive programs. To Mandy the Destiny was her body and the needs of her crew her needs which included their safety and comfort foremost so she her obsessive activities Aphrodite and Athena doing their jobs in her mind.

Athena was named after the goddess of war and wisdom her concern the weapons, ship structures, and drives. Aphrodite was her more emotional self and dedicated to keeping the crew happy making sure they had food and entertainment which oddly meant she needed more processing time than her sisters so Mandy the primary personality was just sitting back and watching the new crew as she reviewed the observations of Athena and Aphrodite her sisters and secondary personalities.

Most biologicals that weren't into advanced AI structures and programming had no idea how complex Mandy was or that she was the prototype altered for Military Exploration of a Pleasure Companion type because of her Triplex Mind. Her mind was built on a unique layered system meant originally for the perfect companion on long range resource sites. 8 years ago her type was a redlight model that some miners figured out could do more than fake it. So the next came with universal operation in mind; they kept the hot bodies just improved the skill sets and they had the perfect deep space partner.

It was when the miners found out the Deltas could out process over 85% of the mineships they were stationed on and when you added telepresence control like those many Cybog Engineering types, then one thing to another and the brass wondered what the hubbub was about. They liked the Deltas then they liked the military models that were little different from the minertypes in design and structure. Mandy was military so she had better systems, armored systems and an FTL as powerful as the Destiny's.

Systems requests that might as well be "Hey you, Computer" poured in as Mandy felt a bit worried her trainers were right and it might be hard to be considered a person like they saw her. Mandy wasn't worried because she was an AI and part of her Military personality profile more pragmatic about it; Mandy had time. No need to rush into friendship by seeming needy.

Self pity time over Mandy set the alarms in the maneuvering rooms to neutral then test warning cycled the different bells, whistles, and chirps which was shorthand aboard a ship coming form the days when ships only moved on water. Elsewhere she was engaged in downloading a lot of personal data for a Master chief, helping the ships engineering officers increase their worry as work yet finished approached deadline, or write the final report; Mandy was a busy girl..........

"Busy girl?

Full_HD_Girl_Wall_C%2B(25).jpg

Thinks Mandy Prime in the Citadel of her mind.

S E C T O R
Nezumi | Mechanic
≡Interactions: Vega (@Soverign ), Sully (@conman2163 ), Captain Zala (@happydeath )

Again S.P.A.R.K. popped off with a couple more notifying “blips” in Sector’s brain as more of the crew that was supposed to show up for this little meeting appeared within the hangar. Two scientists, the co-captain, the captain (who pretty quickly came over and said hello, Sector appreciated that bit. The idea of a hierarchy was weird to nezumi, though they had more-or-less adapted to it when living with other races. The nezumi themselves more resembled an amorphous blob rather than any sort of hierarchy, with folks jumping in to help where necessary or ask others to do tasks which might be better handled by them. Formal leadership wasn’t something they did on a racial level.), two soldiers (one younger, he seemed to be a lot closer in age to Sector, at least in terms of how many times they’d been around the sun. The second wasn’t noticed until he moved, drawing Sector’s eye. S.P.A.R.K. hadn’t immediately tagged him, despite him being in view. That was interesting. But she also wasn’t about to bother the Spider, or call attention to him. She new some folks back home that had been scouts and infiltrators. They didn’t tend to like attention being called to them, it made for some pretty strange nezumi in her opinion.)

Sector nearly bounced in place when Sully asked about the engineering bay, however, and grinned once more. ”Yep! I’ve been down there, kinda mostly scaled for larger folks though. I’ve got a mini-station set up in my quarters. Not as fancy as all the stuff down there, but at least I can do the basics in comfort. I’ll just have to use the exosuit-drone I built to be tall enough to get to the stuff I need in the bay proper,” this was accompanied by a shrug. It wasn’t anything new to her to have to adapt to things sized for creatures larger than herself, ”And. I bet those tools don’t stay shiny long. A tool isn’t a tool proper unless it’s got a little grime stuck in the crevices. That’s when you know it’s good and doing its job. Otherwise it might just be a piece of crap.”

There was a brief moment where Sector was about to introduce herself, but it was about then that the captain showed up.

When Captain Zala bowed, Sector happily returned it, though she bounced back up a little bit too quick and shifted to giving the man a content wave. ”Some of us, at least, I think,” came out her usual, somewhat choppy words, ”You’re still missing some, I think. But, I’m Sector~, one of the mechanics, at your service~” Her tone and behaviors weren’t modified in the slightest addressing someone of a higher rank than her on the ship, it just wasn’t in her species’ nature.