[Samuel x Roman]

This time when Roman mentioned something indicating his sexuality Samuel forced the discomfort down. It was something that he had to get used to since seemed to be inescapable when hanging out with Roman, this time he didn't seem like he was trying to make some kind of the weird point, he was just talking, and at this point, Samuel had realized he kind of enjoyed hearing Roman talk. It was fun, he spoke animatedly with feeling seeping through every word.

Roman was the kind of guy his dad would hate. Combining the piercings and way of dress, his flamboyant nature and artistic hobbies with the fact that he was proud of who he was and you had the exact person that would get his dad to aggressively mutter slurs under his breath.

Roman really didn't need to know that, though.
It was obvious that Roman adored his parents and that part of him being so out and open about who he was due to growing up with an accepting family, and he was honestly a little jealous and wished that his dad could be a little more like the way Roman described them.

"Man, your parents seems fun," Samuel said with a smile, "The one time I've had a girlfriend over everything was probably the most uncomfortable moment in my life, haven't done it since"

r o m a n

Girlfriend. The idea of Samuel having a girlfriend was ludicrous to Roman, but he kept that to himself.

"Honestly, I think my parents prefer when I'm with a guy to a girl because that way, I have no chance of knocking someone up," Roman said honestly. If they were going to talk about sexuality -- which Roman wanted to talk about, it'd help Samuel accept -- it would probably be best to talk about him. "Mum would probably prefer if London was a lesbian, too."

Roman chuckled. He was hungry again, so he took the rest of the lasagne that had come with the platter and tucked into it with content. Really, he was never not hungry. Percy meowed and Roman fed him a little pasta sauce off his finger.

"Yes, Percy, I understand you're hungry. It's pretty obvious who you get your appetite from." Roman chuckled again.

"So how'd you get into soccer?" he inquired. "Most people in this town play football. Well, except me. If I tried to play any sport I would actually die."

Parents preferring their kids being gay sounded almost unreal, Samuel didn't think he'd ever heard of that, but then again he couldn't say he knew many people in real life who were even accepting of it. Maybe that was more common than he thought as well, if he were to branch out a little and speak to more people like Roman.

Roman who was currently eating more. Jesus, it was like the guy was completely bottomless. The cat to apparently. Samuel chuckled along with Roman as the cat begged for food but honestly felt a little bad for the guy too. He was pretty sure cats weren't supposed to eat people food for a reason.

"I couldn't imagine not being able to do sports, that must suck, I'd die, but from boredom, " he said honestly but with a chuckle at the last part "My dad got me into it when I was younger. He's Spanish, football isn't a thing over there, so he doesn't really get that sport."

It was one of the countless things his dad complained about, but one of the few things Samuel actually agreed somewhat with.

"he still says 'Why is it called football when the ball doesn't even touch their feet' every fucking time it's mentioned," he said forming quotation marks with his hands and mimicked his dad's accent as he retold what he heard his dad say way too often, "I'm not objecting though, soccer's more fun "

r o m a n

"Well, I don't like football either, but then again, I don't really like any sport,"
said Roman honestly. He continued eating, which Percy, the spoiled cat, didn't like. He meowed and moved onto Samuel's lap, begging for more food.

"Percy, you fucking traitor." Percy flicked his tail and stared at Roman defiantly. Roman flipped him off.

"I was never into sport much, and I don't think I would be, even if I didn't have haemophilia." Roman glanced at the screen and watched the grisly murder for a few moments before continuing.

"I was always interested in more artistic things -- like painting, and singing. I also play piano, guitar, violin, flute and drums." He pointed out the instruments as he listed them, gesturing to their various places in his room -- except the drums, they were in one of the sheds. "My parents always felt bad for me because I was restricted from doing a lot of things as a kid so they happily paid for all the music and art lessons."

Samuel laughed at Romans interaction with his pet, it was funny how they seemed to be pretty similar to each other. Rather than to give Percy anything to eat when he switched laps he just gave him a scratch behind his ear and a couple of strokes on his fur, probably to the cat's disappointment.

Roman didn't really seem like the sporty kind of guy so he wasn't that surprised.
"I've always been impressed with people who can play in instrument" he continued to pet the cat while he was on his lap and had the chance, "five instruments are kind of wow"

He imagined Roman was pretty good at all of them, he didn't seem like the kind of person who would half ass something, had it been someone else he would have probably assumed they just picked up a bunch of instruments and gave up before they had gotten past the beginner stage.

r o m a n

Percy looked disappointed when he was neglected food, but settled for the affection instead, curling up in Samuel's lap and purring happily.

"Most people are surprised when they learn I play heaps of instruments. I don't know why, though, I'm always singing so I'm clearly musically oriented." Roman shrugged and looked up at the movie to see the knife dildo scene commencing.

He stayed quiet, staring at the screen in horror as the aftermath of the scene was shown. You never see the woman's body, but you do see an image of the instrument used to harm her and Roman put his food away.

"Right, this scene fucks me up and I don't even have a vagina so we're pausing the movie while I recollect my sanity." Roman pressed pause, ran his hands through his hair and turned to Samuel.

"I can show you how wow I am with my instruments if you'd like," he offered. "Pick an instrument, any instrument. Except the drums because I really can't be bothered going out to the party shed."

The room got quiet as the movie started playing the most uncomfortable scene yet and Samuel could see why Roman wanted the proposed pause, he also didn't mind using the movie as an excuse to hear Roman play anyways.

"drums are obviously the only instrument worth listening to, though" he said jokingly and quieted down to think about it, he almost wanted to tell him to play the flute simply because it would look silly, "piano, maybe?"

r o m a n
"Piano it is." Glad for the distraction from the disturbing movie scene, Roman climbed off the bed and sat down at his desk. Instead of desk-related things such as a lamp, or stationary, or school textbooks, the desk was primarily taken up by an electric keyboard, as the proper piano was also in one of their seven sheds, with the drums, but Roman was far too lazy to walk outside. The rest of the desk was taken up by a weird amount of candles, which varied in size, colour and scent.

He lit a raspberry scented candle with the box of matches that sat on the desk and turned to the piano, licking his lips as he considered the songs he knew -- which was a lot of them -- and what he should play for Samuel.

"Okay, I'm going to sing, because I want to and this is my room so I can do whatever I want." Roman proceeded to play Skinny Love by Birdy, simply because he wanted to show the dexterity of his voice. He was able to hit high notes, low notes and despite the typically 'rock' or 'emo' sound of his voice -- judging by the songs he usually sang, of course -- he was able to sound soft and delicate.

"And I told you to be patient, and I told you to be fine, and I told you to be balanced and I told you to be kind, and in the morning I'll be with you, but it'll be a different kind, as I'll be holding all the tickets and you'll be holding all the fines ..."

Samuel remained seated in the bed when Roman got up, mostly not wanting to move because of the cat who he continued to pet as Roman... Lit a candle? At this point, Samuel didn't even really question it and instead, he chuckled a little as he wondered if he just lit one of the many candles on his desk every time he played for dramatic effect.

He hadn't doubted Roman would be good, he had heard him in the drama room after all, but hearing him now accompanied by the piano, was different. It really was wow. Without realizing Samuel found himself closing his eyes for a moment, Just kind of enjoying listening.

Hanging out with Roman wasn't really like hanging out with his friends who were loud and sometimes a little obnoxious to be around for longer periods of time. It was also a lot like hanging out with his friends in that he was having a lot of fun and a good time.
And while Samuel had to admit that the whole situation was a little weird, hanging out with Roman a Friday evening for god's sake, he realized he wouldn't mind doing it again at some other time.

r o m a n
Roman finished the song with a long, smooth, extended note and turned around in his chair to face Samuel. Music had always come naturally to him -- even when he was a six-year-old and just learning piano, he had been incredibly adept at it. The same could be said about all his other instruments, singing, acting and art. He was just a talented person.

And he was hard-working, meaning he strove to perfect those talents.

"You should feel privileged, having witnessed such a divine example of art." Roman was joking, but as a good actor, he wore a stony, serious expression, as if he meant what he was saying. He did not.

Percy meowed and pawed Samuel's face, begging for attention. Roman flipped him off. "Traitor."

Samuel had to admit that once the song was over ha was almost a little disappointed. It had been nice to just sit quiet and listen for a while, he hadn't really realized he had needed a small break from talking, but now he appreciated it. One of the reasons he didn't spend to much time with his friends outside of school was because he had a tendency to need breaks from being social sometimes, no matter how fun it was, and he always enjoyed small moments of non-awkward silence that was almost inexistent in his circle of friends.

When Roman spoke again he still genuinely laughed, though, and retorted with a "That's just what you get, He's probably tired of you showing off" without being able to keep a slight grin on his face like Roman had.

He then looked down in his lap and tried to speak with a more serious voice to the attention craving furball.
"Right, Percy?" he looked the cat straight in the eyes for a moment, managing to keep the serious expression for a total of a couple of seconds before turned into a smile again. The cat was way too cute and Samuel was not good at keeping a straight face.

r o m a n
"Percy's a hoe," Roman declared. Percy blinked, got up and trotted out of the open door.

"He's probably off to fornicate with London's cat, even though they're both desexed. That's how much of a hoe he is." Roman chuckled, sat down on the bed beside Samuel and unpaused the movie.

He remained relatively quiet for the rest of the film, only inserting commentary in particularly dramatic parts, such as the major plot twist at the end. When the film was finished, he paused the credits and turned to Samuel with a smirk.

"What did you think? Official rating out of ten? I'd personally rate it a six-hundred and sixty-six, because Satan."

"Not at all what I expected, I feel like your rating is pretty accurate" he laughed and stretched out his arms over his head a little stiff after sitting still for so long. The movie sure had been an interesting one and listening to Romans comments of the things happening on screen made it all the more enjoyable.

"hey, what time is it?" He said with a yawn. He didn't really have a strict curfew but his dad always got irritated when he got home late and didn't text, or tell, beforehand at what time he would get home. Seeing as all info his parents had gotten today was a text telling he went over to friends place instead of going back home and he was most likely already on his father's bad side and didn't relly look forward to going home.

r o m a n
"It's nine-fifteen," Roman replied, before filling his mouth with a forkful of gnocchi. He was eating again. Roman would probably finish the rest of the food when Samuel left.

Well, if he left. For some reason, Roman didn't want him to leave. He deduced that he liked Samuel's company, however unexpected and odd it may be. Their social circles simply didn't mix, but here he was, sitting with Samuel Fucking Ortega, watching Brad Pitt movies on a Friday evening.

"Do you have to go home?" Roman inquired. "You probably do need to. Or your parents will assume I've murdered you."

"I know your joking, but honestly, yeah" or whatever the reason his dad felt like he had to stay up until Samuel came home whenever he was late "And when they find out I'm not dead, they'll be the ones killing me"

Nine fifteen wasn't too bad, he could probably stay for some more time, and he kind of wanted to as well, but if he wanted to be on the safe side he should probably get going sometime soon seeing as the walk home, although not too long, would take a while.

"It'll be very tragic, and I when I come back as a ghost I'll blame you for it" being tired he didn't really bother to put any effort into sounding dramatic as he joked, and that was confirmed with another yawn. Movies and eating made him tired apparently, but he still forced himself to get out of the bed, "really, though, I gotta start to get back"

r o m a n
"Okay."

Acting like it took him a tremendous amount of effort, Roman got out of bed and stretched his arms, running a hand through his hair as he lead Samuel back through the house, through the living room and out the front door. He walked him all the way up to the end of the driveway, since he was being hospitable.

"Thanks for coming," he said earnestly. "I had fun."

That was true, no matter how odd it was to think that he enjoyed himself.

"I'll see you later."

Samuel wanted to say the words let's hang out again sometimes but for some reason, they seemed to get stuck in his throat. Instead, he settled with a "yeah, mee too.." and a "see ya" before turning around and starting to walk down the street.

Roman was a pretty cool guy, and it truly had been fun to hang out with him. He couldn't deny the fact that the whole situation was kind of weird though and now that they weren't in the same room anymore the thought of what people would think if they knew started to sneak its way into his mind.

Samuel didn't let it bother him too much yet. Still feeling pretty happy and also a little ridiculous since he couldn't really stop the small smile present on his way all the way home.

r o m a n
The rest of Roman's weekend was spent almost exclusively in his bedroom and kitchen, leaving those locations only to go to the bathroom when required. He finished the homework he had been set, painted as he watched horror movies and learned a new Panic! At the Disco song for the violin. And, of course, he thought about Samuel quite a bit.

Monday came, and it was blisteringly hot in Maryborough so he dressed in shorts and the ugly navy-and-maroon polo shirt that comprised the school uniform. However, he wore black Converse sneakers and a collection of bright pink bracelets, made of crystals that he had bought on the last holiday the Hemlocks had gone on.

He marched into first-period English and sat down at the desk next to Samuel's, since he didn't share this class with any if the drama kids. "Hi."

Samuel ended up getting home before ten which thankfully seemed to make sure his dad didn't get irritated, or maybe he was just in a somewhat good mood since before. His mom, however, jokingly complained about his absence during movie night. at which Samuel informed her that he'd do movie night again when they actually watched a movie and not Reality TV.

Saturday went by pretty uneventfully and Sunday, when most of the people who had been partying that Friday had gotten a chance to get over their hangovers, was spent with some of the guys, playing soccer in the park.

Throughout the weekend he tried not to think too much about Roman, mostly because he thought it was weird for his thoughts to automatically wander to him when he wasn't busy with something else, but also because the closer he got to Monday the more scared he got about the assumptions that would be made if it came out in school that they had been hanging out. Alone.

He would probably be sad if, but really kind of hoped, that Roman wouldn't bother talking to him and that the whole thing would be forgotten. That didn't seem to be the way things would play out, though, as already he was confronted by the other as soon as in first-period. And by confronted he meant greeted.

Rather than to actually say anything he gave Roman a quick nod, just acknowledging his presence without anyone else hearing. Then he was quiet for a moment until, to his relief, he was rescued by Evan, with his polo shirt wrinkly and short brown hair still in a mess from waking up, barging in through the door.

"Oy, Sam, what the hell are you doing over there" Evan dumped his things on a desk in the far back a couple of seats away from where Samuel and Roman were currently seated "I need you to help me with my homework"

Deciding the solution to his problem was to ignore it Samuel took his chance by grabbing his things and getting up to go sit with Evan instead.

r o m a n
Roman watched as Samuel got up, rather hurried, and left to sit beside his friend. He wouldn't have thought anything of it if it weren't for his skittish nature and near refusal to acknowledge him. As sad as it was, Roman was not particularly surprised by his so-called friend's actions.

No, he knew he should have expected this.

Licking his lips and scoffing incredulously, Roman gave Samuel a once-over and turned back to the front of the room, deciding that it wasn't worth it.

He ran into Samuel in the bathroom between first and second period and gave him an X-ray like look. "Hi," he said, slowly and clearly, as if Samuel hadn't heard him at the start of English, or he was particularly dim.