OPEN SIGNUPS Sector 21: Ready Player One

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Camleen

Fighting Evil By Moonlight
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Depending on the RP, I can be either. But most of the time I'm passive. I'll help you direct traffic, but I don't like to be in charge usually.
Favorite Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi, furry, horror/gore (there are very few exceptions there)
Sector 21: Archaide and Syrinx

Archaide is a planet in the OASIS with a barren surface comprised of vector graphics (an old style of video game graphics used in the 80's to give a three dimensional effect to a game). The planet is in perpetual darkness and some of the only surface features are a large volcano (which stays to the north no matter where you are) and multiple entrances to the inner parts of the planet. The inside of the planet is mostly comprised of vintage arcade cabinets. Some OASIS users have come to the planet and have coded their childhood arcade gaming spots within Archaide. To navigate the inner parts of the planet a user has to go through different levels seemingly arranged by the age of the systems. Starting closest to the surface are the newest Cabinets and then the farther you go the older the games are. At the center are the games Tennis for Two and Space War!.
Technology and Magic are permitted in this part of the Sector.

=======================================================================================

Syrinx: A recreation of the world that is featured in the 1976 Rush album "2112". It was considered an experimental album, the album itself telling a tale of a dystopian future of the year 2112. The name of the OASIS planet is tribute to the second song on the first side of the album: 'The Temples of Syrinx'.
And the meek shall inherit the earth...

We've taken care of everything
The words you hear, the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes
It's one for all, all for one
We work together, common sons
Never need to wonder how or why

We are the priests
Of the temples of Syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of Syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls

Look around this world we made
Equality our stock in trade
Come and join the brotherhood of man
Oh what a wide contented world
Let the banners be unfurled
Hold the red star proudly high in hand

We are the priests
Of the temples of Syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of Syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls

Last edited:

Zadok shadows

The Spark in the Night.
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Male
fine with both
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, romance, horror, drama, modern fantasy
Dante took a moment to process all the information that was coming his way. He was glad that they were as willing to talk about their abilities as he was about his own. Dante took notice of Jerick-O's remark. Dante grinned back at him. "Well then we must of never crossed paths then. I don't leave any survivors when I'm working, especially ones so cocky. Though as professional courtesy I wont attack you after this... unless the price is right."

Dante broke from this light rivalry to pay attention to what Damagi and Iria. He couldn't help but grin at Iria when she gave out her strategy. It was a pretty standard one given the group that was assembled. He was happy to take the back seat on some of these major decisions. He had no problem being a range DPS and support healer. "Well then... I don't know about anyone else but... I like this plan. I'm excited to be apart of it. I mean don't get me wrong there is a reason people say to make a plan and be prepared to see it fail. Odds our that shit will hit the fan, but I think we all have the capability to think on our toes. Also don't worry about being, protecting the healer is party rule number one. If we do our jobs right the predator wont target you... maybe. I hear it is supposed to have some wicked AI. Whatever the case if you take me with you guys I will gladly risk all my hp to keep the party alive."

He looked around at the team. "I picked up a visual scanner for my helmet that cycles through different vision modes: night vision, thermal, electrical pulses. There is even a light tracking feature that will let me predict the movement of something that goes invisible for up to five seconds. Downside is that it prone to fail and need a restart of 30 seconds. Also I have a lot of toys to bring to the part in case anyone needs anything. I don't know about you guys, but I feel ready to do a suicide mission for the attempt to make Oasis history and get Uber rich."

Not_Amy

Totally Not Amy
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Female, Futanari, Androgynous
I'm fine going either way. Depends entirely on the specific RP scenario however.
Favorite Genres
Horror and Fantasy are my bread and butter. Mecha/Military is a favorite snack of mine.
Genre You DON'T Like
Steampunk.
“Huh?” W3ndy says when Herak basically offers up his trophy to the group after listening quietly beforehand. Not often you hear someone just offering up their trophy to people. Which means this guy could really be in this game for something...more you would say. W3ndy keeps looking around at the others as they lay out their skills, and for Iria the bare bones of their strategy. She is again a bit flabbergasted that Damagi and Dante are opening their inventories for anyone in need of something more substantial than what they brought.

These people sure are friendly. Maybe I should group up more often!

All the while W3ndy eyes up the Predator mask, discretely she hopes, as nobody makes further mention of it. Her eyes do linger on Dante when he takes his turn to talk though, liking the light-hearted banter between him and the Gargoyle. A showdown between those two, or any combo of the assembled group would be interesting. Iria probably wouldn't have any interest in it though, she feels from what little she's seen.

When there is a lull in the talk, W3ndy takes the opportunity to ask Herak hesitantly “So...you mind if I have this?” Looking around at the others “If that's alright with ya'll that is? I'm not used to folks just offering stuff without...ya know...asking for lewd things first.” She says the last part with a bit of a nervous laugh as she realizes too late she had just said that without thinking...

Gands

Edgesquire
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Male, Female
both
Favorite Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Herak

Herak listened to the others for a while. Damagi seemed to have a handle on being leader and everyone sounded capable. He felt he had been pretty lucky the last time to have companions. This time though, going to their world. He was going over his action with the alien in his head when one of the girls came over and started to talk to him.

" Sure miss Wendy, go ahead. I consider myself lucky that that one went as well as it did. I'm not one who is much into being rude to women. "

Sir Kaltao

Keeper of the Bleeding Book
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays,
"I'd offer the same, but that depends on the client. Won't really have a choice if they're in your crosshairs." Jerick-O says to Dante smirking back and chuckling before giving Iria his undivided attention, following her every move and hoping he doesn't induce another 'episode' while being polite. When she does look at him very briefly and looks away, but also smiles, Jerick-O has a glimmer of hope she didn't think ill of him from earlier. There was something in the way she moves and talks that is just delightful for him. Iria was a competent player, even if she obviously wasn't the most confident in this kind of situation right now. Being a second/backup tank is no skin off his nose either. Although he does have one suggestion, which he composes in his head while Dante speaks and W3ndy asks if anyone has any issue with her taking Herak's offered trophy.

Jerick-O steps forward "Sounds like a solid plan. Just one suggestion." He looks at Iria, trying his best not to appear or sound like he's talking down to her even though by virtue of their avatar's heights, he was. "How about the primary healer gets protection? I could cover you-" He points between himself and Iria "-But if Herak needs he can tag me in, and you heal him up while I do my part?" He asks, hoping what he's suggested is not too forward.

Ms.Ezra

Lady of the Day
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Male, Female, Androgynous
Favorite Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero, Horror, Slife-of-life.
“I think our primary healer getting a bodyguard is a fine idea!” Damagi gets between Iria and Jerick-O, slaps Iria lightly on the shoulder and Jerick-O on the ribs. She beams at them both. “Team leader says, healers get bodyguards. So…” Damagi turns around and points at Dante then W3ndy, bringing the two fingers she uses together. “W3ndy dear, you get Dante’s back. From the movies the Predators are beyond tricky, so nobody goes anywhere alone.” She says the last part in a more authoritative manner looking around at everyone, her smile fading then popping back up as she claps her hands together.

“So long as everyone’s got that, excuse me one moment while I check a message, see if we got this last member in order.” She stands still, and the Damagi avatar goes into Standby Mode as she checks her messages.

After about five minutes while everyone does whatever they can in that time, she comes back, sighs and says “Thought we had a guy, but he needs time we can’t really hold off to make. I’m sure we have enough to help us as-is.” Damagi opens her inventory and takes out one of the pods she had purchased earlier just before running into W3ndy, holding it in miniature form for everyone to see.

“Now, for transport I got one of these for everyone. Might be a tight squeeze for you, Jerick-O but in canon Nappa managed to fit so you should as well. These can be programmed to land in the same zone, and once we land we group up.” She puts the Pod back in her inventory and waves her arms at Iria.

“Now I believe the lovely Iria has something to show the class?” She asks looking aside at her friend with a toothy grin, hoping her abrupt declaration(and attempt to pair them together) wasn’t too much for her friend.

Camleen

Fighting Evil By Moonlight
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate
No Preferences
Depending on the RP, I can be either. But most of the time I'm passive. I'll help you direct traffic, but I don't like to be in charge usually.
Favorite Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi, furry, horror/gore (there are very few exceptions there)
Iria finds herself smiling a little with Jerick-O’s suggestion. Usually she’s the one asking for some cover, like she has to point out the fact enemies tend to swarm towards her. But maybe Jerick-O’s done this kind of thing before, which makes her feel a bit more at ease. With something of a surprised look, her gaze moves to Damagi when she makes it an order. Iria shrugs her slim shoulders and looks back towards Jerick-O “Well sure, I’m more than fine if someone wants to take a hit for me.” She says with a nod.

When Damagi speaks of the Predators being tricky, Iria says softly to herself “Yautja”. As if to correct Damagi without Damagi actually hearing her. But her mentioning how clever they are, it makes Iria remember something. She opens her inventory as Damagi checks her messages, and she speaks in a light tone, addressing the group. “We do have a good group. I kind of wish we could do some training runs together, but I don’t think we have time. A few more parties have come and gone from Yautja Prime. According to my search algorithems… no one’s bagged a Yautja there yet. So…” she closes her inventory as she smiles a little to the group “We may have to improvise a bit. Just go with your gut feeling, and watch each other’s backs.”

And when it’s announced they won’t have a tracker (she assumes that’s what Damagi means), she opens her IU menu again to do some more searches quickly. She looks at her friends list… and the small handful of names on it. She finds herself frowning a little as she stares at 5P1D3R’s name. She knows he’s leveled some tracking skills with his Ranger build. But she doesn’t want to ask him, or bother him. She sees he’s online.. but has his status as ‘Do Not Disturb’. Iria frowns a little more. Her eyes look towards Jerick-O, and she closes her UI absently.

Life sucks.

She is watching Jerick-O, and then she looks towards the others of the group. Herak, W3ndy and Dante. They seem really cool. But she knows this is just a PUG. A pick up group. Just random people getting together for a singular goal. Such groups are usually one and done. Which she hates. Maybe it won’t happen this time.. but it will. She knows it.

Iria jumps a little when she hears her name, and her wide eyes look towards Damagi. “Whawha?” And then she remembers that yes she did have something she wanted to point out. “Oh! Oh oh oh” She says as she opens her inventory. Her fingers dance across the invisible screen (invisible to everyone else of course), and she moves closer to a near booth. Next to her, a small disc shaped device materializes. It’s white in color, and just hovers there a moment. Iria reaches up and unscrews the lightbulb above the booth, and as she does the disc shaped device seems to unfold.
Thin legs and arms stretch out under it, and a single softly glowing eye materializes. It lets out a series of delighted beeps and squeels, and does a little spin. As if wanting to show off. Iria smiles widely as she motions to the small droid. “Everyone, this is one of my little buddies. Artemis. Artemis, this is Jerick-O, Herak, W3ndy and Dante. They’re our pals, kay?” She says as she looks towards the droid. It lets out an affirmative beep, it’s glowing eye looking towards Damagi as it lets out a sour sounding whirring sound towards her. It’s not that Artemis dislikes Damagi.. Damagi just has a very… powerful… personality. “Focuse Artie, please.” the droid’s gaze snaps back to Iria as it beeps once more. “Please play folder ‘WhyPrimeFirstHuntPartyDownfallSentryDroids’ starting at 70% please.” Iria likes to get very specific with her filenames. The droid lets out an affirmative beep, and it’s eye starts to glow a little more brightly. It then projects what looks like a television screen for them all to see. Which is why she unscrewed the lightbulb a little. Iria now moves a little from the booth as she speaks.

“So this is a pretty popular recording right now. It’s the first group to get to Yautja Prime. There’s 3 of ‘em… Nak3dBob, xXanderXx and TinkTank. I don’t know they’re exact levels, but they are really strong. So this is them landing…” the screen shows the dropship from Aliens descending to the surface of the planet, and setting down. “So.. this part is boring. And most everyone just forwards to the meaty stuff. Because all this part shows is them landing, disembarking and walking to where their camp is. So forwardforward… “ The video now speeds forward, quickly moving to the group of 3 taking equipment into the jungle area and setting up a camp. “Okay stop.” The video pauses a moment, and then plays in normal speed. On the screen, Nak3dBob is seen setting up 7 perimeter guns. “So this is kind of smart. He has those 7 sentry droids, all of them in a circle around their camp. Pointed outwards. Nothing bigger than a deer can approach them without them knowing an probably getting shot to pieces. Which is good in this case.” She glances at the group, and speaks in a sudden softly, apologetic tone. “Sorry if this is boring.. just wanna be thorough with you guys..” She then looks back to the video, taking a deep breath before she continues.

“So xXanderXx is a melee damage dealer, Nak3dBob is a ranged damage dealer, TinkTank is the tank. Complete with forcefields and autohealing and regeneration. Like I said.. they are a darn strong group.” She now steps back as the video now shows Nak3dBob speaking into the camera, grinning widely under his mask. The audio comes on. “Hour 14 of our Predator raid! We’re gonna get some food, and then head out for the hunt!” Iria glances to the group “Yeah, this video is about 15 hours long. Pretty sure that’s most of the reason everyone forwards to this point.” She then looks back to the video, and over Nak3dBob’s shoulder.. they can see the very large TinkTank start to push himself to his feet hurriedly… and then his chest just explodes into a hundred pixelated pieces. Nak3dBob spins around, and suddenly right next to the fallen Tank… a very large Yautja hunter. His cloak falls, electrical energy dancing along his form. He pulls the spear from TinkTank, and he disintegrates into a thousand glowing pieces… along with his credits and equipment. xXanderXx calls out to the Yautja as she dashes towards it. Nak3dBob starts to power up his weapons as he speaks in a panicked tone. “How the fuck did it get passed out sentry drones?! That isn’t possible!” Iria sighs as she crosses her arms over her midsection, looking discretely away from the video. xXanderXx actually holds her own for a few moments, getting in some brutal hits in on the Yautja.

This isn’t how Nak3dBob had planned it. Things are falling apart, and he doesn’t know how to react.

The Yautja makes a loud clicking sound as it grabs xXanderXx’s hand right out of the air as she jabs at him, and he flings her towards Nak3dBob. Just as he was firing. She cries out as she is almost instantly deleted from Nak3dBob’s energy attack. Nak3dBob curses loudly, and the Yautja is suddenly on him. Iria looks back towards the video quickly, her eyes wide. “Okay.. okay… almost…” the Yautja jabs it’s arm blades through Nak3dBob’s neck, and his form slowly disintegrates. “Okay, here here! Listen listen!” Iria says excitedly. The camera feed starts to get static as the Yautja stands slowly, a low growling tone heard from him.

‘Lead you astray’

The video pauses, showing the large, muscular outline of the Yautja. Iria points at it as she speaks excitedly. “So so so no one wants to go there, cause everyone thinks the devs gave the Yautja a weapon that’s not in the canon. Everyone thinks that Yautja got passed the sentry guns with some kind of advanced cloak or something, right?” She says as she looks towards the others.

Since she started, she hasn’t really shut up long enough for anyone to ask questions. Sometimes once she does start, she doesn’t slow down. Because she’s afraid she’ll lose her train of thought midstream. “But that’s not what happened. That’s not how the Yautja got passed their defenses, how it got passed their sentries.” She motions to her little droid. “Okay Artemis, back to them disembarking.” The image goes black, and then a paused image of their ship. And the trio coming down the ramp. “Like I said.. everyone skips this part. Cause it’s 14 hours of listening to that jerk bragging and telling his pals how cool he is and how they’re gonna be the first to win. But when people skip over this part.. they miss this!” She motions to Artemis, and the video image starts once more. Small talk, xXanderXx expressing doubts about whether or not this is a good idea. And then Nak3dBob declares proudly (arrogantly) zan m’dear. I have never lead you astray, right? Truuuuust me! We’re gonna be famous!
With wide eyes Iria looks to the rest of the group, pointing excitedly at the video as it pauses again. “That! That! The Yautja heard him say that… and then repeated it when he beat them! So that means… the moment they landed… the Yautja was right on top of them! He heard that… shadowed them to their camp… and was IN their camp when they set up the sentries! That’s how it got passed them! He was never in front of them, he was always behind the sentries with the rest of them! But it’s kind of dark, so they couldn’t see the Yautja. They didn’t even think to look, cause that’s not how dungeons usually work. You set up camp, get prepared and then go do your quest. But here… the moment you break atmosphere, I think you’re tagged... you're hunted.” She says proudly, looking to Damagi. “That’s why they were beat so easy. The Yautja outsmarted them. It doesn’t behave like normal NPC mobs. These things are… different.” She says with a nod, a little bit of worry in her voice.

Zadok shadows

The Spark in the Night.
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Male
fine with both
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, romance, horror, drama, modern fantasy
Dante chuckled a bit at Jerick-O's response. "Very well just don't get mad if I start walking around with your gear after taking it off you."

Dante looked to Damagi. "Well I was going to say something along the lines that I don't need someone watching my back. Not because I don't feel I need it. It's because I don't want anyone at risk of zeroing out for my sake, but I won't argue with the team leader here."

Dante watched in silence as Damagi pulled out the pod from Dragon Ball Z. Something small like that could make less noise on impact, but it limits what can be brought.

Dante's attention was now on Iria. When Iria pulls up the video it has Dante's undivided attention. Through this video he tries to pay attention to every detail. Anything in this could save their lives. Dante stayed silent throughout the video and Iria's explanation of the situation. "Holy Hell... this is really something else. This isn't a raid quest. It's a survival horror. I mean this information is life saving. So I guess this means we have to make sure we all touchdown near each other. Do you think that since everyone is coming down in something so small like the pods they might not agro to us immediately?"

Dante took this time to look through his inventory. Looks like he was going to need to bring out his new armor for this one. His veteran ranger armor was his favorite, but was no longer his best. He had his new piece commissioned a bit back and had only recently made the final payment on it. "Well one thing is for sure. My bullet expenses are gonna skyrocket this month. I mean that is if we love to get through this. To be honest the prize I want is that shoulder mount plasma gun they have. That thing could add a whole new dynamic to my style. Also that little voice trick brings something important up. I think it would be a good idea to do callouts with a random phrase before stating any info or request for help. If we all say something weird and random each time then the predator can't mimic our voices to catch us off guard."