1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
Sector 4: The Tolkien Society, Aperture Science Enrichment Center, Agraria

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
This part of Sector 4 encompasses the works J.R.R. Tolkien. Many consider him to be the father of modern fantasy literature (high fantasy, specifically), as his work 'The Hobbit' and 'Lord Of The Rings' directly led to a resurgence of the genre in the early 50's. On different worlds of this part of the Sector you will find Middle Earth (a different planet representing different eras), the world of 'The Hobbit', the world of Arda (from The Silmarillion), as well as the many stories he would write on a regular basis for his own children. Much of what the OASIS can be traced back to the ideology and love of humanity held in the heart of J.R.R. Tolkien.
====================================================================================
"Hello, and again, welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties due to circumstances of potentially apocalyptic significance beyond our control. However, thanks to Emergency Testing Protocols, testing can continue. These pre-recorded messages will provide instructional and motivational support, so that science can still be done, even in the event of environmental, social, economic, or structural collapse. The portal will open and emergency testing will begin in three. Two. One....."
alabs001.jpg
The Aperture Science Enrichment Center is found in this Sector. Here you can put your wits (and tolerance for murderous A.I.) to the ultimate test. Your sacrifice contribution to science will be admired and appreciated by all in the future you help to create. The Enrichment Center (in one form or another) covers nearly the whole planet, so there will be no shortage of places for you to participate in these very important experiments. Enter any of the Laboratories, and the murderous/vengeful friendly A.I. staff will love to help you through the trials you face!

And also there is cake.
====================================================================================
On Agraria, you will find a world for the nurturing part of our society. Those that enjoy growing plants and crops... caring for animals of all kinds. You can buy your plot of land here, and then customize it however you see fit. For whatever kind of farm you would want from any era in history. From working the earliest farms in history to the latest cultures. Animals can be a part of your land, the only limit is your imagination!
But you aren't limited to plants and animals that can be raised on Earth. Want a buggalo on Mars? Can do!

Last edited:
Young James Bezos was excited. He had been waiting for this portal to be opened and to be one of the first into the gaping maw of the portal he had given up his seat at the curing ongoing tournament. He prepared his avatar, a version of the mighty Hercules called Herak, Lion of Olympus. He had not of course achieved all he intended to with this avatar, but he was certain, if he were clever and lucky, he might achieve more in here than much smarter people might achieve in the ruined world that they all lived in.

He had researched the old written records of the Tolkien world. He chose a time and area barely related to in the original texts. Within easy reach of the Elven Kingdom of Mirkwood, The rich Dwarven Kingdom of Lonely Mountain and the human lands of Dale or Laketown.

Now he immersed himself into the Avatar. It was a gift he had to be able to do so in a very complete sense. Some sort of hidden genetic trait that might prove quite useful if he didn't go brain dead in this odd cyber place. He was now a youngish dark haired and bearded Hercules, based thoroughly in the original old Marvel universe.

Herak now emerged in an alley in Dale. Dressed appropriately in leather clothing, boots and a woolen shirt. He had his customary metal headpiece and his bag of weapons. He took a moment to assess. he could feel the magic here. He pulled out a big Mace and hung it off his belt. His quiver of arrows and a long recurve bow. Lastly a decent sized dagger that could double for eating if he had to.

He walked about town, getting a feel for it. There was no war yet. The people here were tense though. He found an inn, going in for a meal and listen for information.

The tavern of the inn was quiet at this time as Herak enters. An NPC female avatar in a blue dress stands on a small stage, playing a calm song on a fiddle for those patrons not engrossed in conversation with each other, or in their 'standby' mode as they broke all immersion to browse the internet with their UI.

At one of the tables sits three players wherein two are focused on one, a man whose appearance is disheveled and dirty.

A careful listener will hear the one worse for wear say "You saw the video, guys. You know I'm not kidding you. A damn Uruk-Hai, with a Predator mask, and even the spear."

"Weird. NPCs don't take drops and equip it like that." says one.

"They must be promoting Yautja Prime. Spawned one with the gear to give people a taste." The other offered. His then asks "So we going after it?"

"You two can. I'm going to the next Teleporter and off to Neonoir." He waves his hand over himself. "I barely got away from that thing, and I am not going to press my luck." The player's companions make derisive, mocking noises at him which he waves off "Whatever guys. I got better things to do than go hunting after a promotional NPC."

@Gands

Reactions: Gands
James Bezos Avatar Herak

Herak gets up smoothly and walks over to the three men. His movement is relatively slow and non threatening.

"Greetings, I couldn't help hearing your conversation. I'm known as Herak. I too find it very unusual that such a creature would be in this area. I am curious as to what we might achieve by besting it. I would very much like to join whichever of you would be interested in finding and defeating this creature. "

He stands there for a moment awaiting their reaction.

"Well look at that." The disheveled one points at Herak. "You got a third for your Uruk hunt. See you guys later." He stands to leave but his other friend, the one who is clearing a Ranger with a pair of swords on his back, grabs him by the arm. "Hey wait a minute, you gotta tell us where you last saw that thing."

"The guy sighs and opens his UI. 'Give you one better." He makes a few motions in the ait as he interacts with his UI, then a map is generated on the table. It shows Dale and the area around it for miles, with a dotted line that winds around the Lonely Mountain until stopping at an X on the other far side. "There ya go. Mountain road, you'll probably still see the wreckage of the caravan we were supposed to be protecting, and maybe some of the things the others dropped when the Uruk-Hai ended them. That's if people haven't already been through." He wipes his hands "Good luck guys, and drop me a line if it actually pans out."

They watch him leave the tavern and the Ranger takes up the map, puts it in his inventory as he talks to Herak "Welcome to the party Herak! I'm Aber4th, Ranger." He gives Herak his contact card; a roll of parchment paper that when taken, disappears and his contact info appears in Herak's UI. Aber4th is Level 10.

"And I'm Baullo, Mage." The other introduces himself, handing Herak a vial of blue liquid that also disappears and gives his contact info. Baullo is a Level 10 as well. "Thanks for joining up, no way I could just walk away from an opportunity like this. If this NPC's legit, maybe it's got some great loot."

Aber4th pats Herak and Baullo each on the shoulder "Right! Specially since it's still another day before Yautja Prime is open to the public. But anyway, let's get going, unless you have some things you want to get before we leave?" He ends with a question for Herak.

Herak the Hero

The big warrior produces a small square vellum sheet with his particulars. I am just a warrior guys, but I've made some good progress in some places.

I have everything I need. By the way, I favor close in fighting, so I will rely on you two for far off attacks and tracking. Anything I should know about your spells before we head out Baulo ?.

"My spells?" Baulo scratches his head and shrugs "I'm only a 10 so nothing too fancy, but I can heal in a pinch and that's saved our butts more often than not."

Aber4th nods his agreement "I can vouch for that. About five I can think of, offhand. But hey, we need to get going!" He and Baulo stand up and leave the tavern. Aber4th leads the way out of the tavern and onto the trail to the ambush site by foot. The Ranger leads the way, and Baulo walks aside Herak. He takes his staff(a replica of Saruman's) from his inventory and holds its at the ready with both hands. For the first leg of their journey they follow the worn out path, but as it starts to wind around the rough rocky foothills of the Lonely Mountain, Aber4th leads them to cut down the time by going over the foothills. The nimble Aber4th hops around and over, while Baulo uses a levitation spell to hover over them all.

In a short amount of time they arrive at the scene of the ambush. The ground is littered with coins around a caravan that is still smoldering. There are a few weapons strewn about, mostly random common swords, daggers, and bows. One of the swords is stuck in the ground to the hilt, which has a slight glimmer. In the smoldering ruins of the caravan, the black iron handle of a weapons sticks out beneath a pile of burning wood.

"Great! Nobodies' been through yet."says Aber4th and he and Baulo start to collect the coins.

Herak the wary

He didn't entirely trust the site, and kept watch while the others took coins. Gradually moving to the ever so slight glimmer of the one sword, looking it over carefully for just a moment. He moved cautiously then over to the Iron handled weapon. He knew certain Elven blades might glimmer. He took a knife and moved the Iron handled weapon clear of the debris to further inspect it.

" Gentlemen, keep an eye open when you are done with the coins please. "

He looked again at the glimmer blade, suspecting a trap. If he found nothing,
He would take a cloth and grasp the glimmer blade, attempting to remove it from it's soil prison.

" Guys, check this blade, see if you can tell if it's magic or not. "

He returned to the Iron handled weapon while still keeping a wary eye on his surroundings.

Baulo finishes collecting his share of the scattered coins and comes to the sword to cast a Detect Magic spell. The sword shakes in the ground and the small bit of blade to have come out from Herak's attempt to pull it out glows a dull blue. Baulo dons a grin and chuckles "Nice! An Elvish sword!" But then he frowns as the sword's specs show up in his UI. "Well damn. Can only be taken by an avatar above level fifteen." Aber4th comes up to his side and groans in frustration.

"No way we get up five levels from this either." He asks Herak "Hey new buddy! You're at eighteen right?" Implying Herak can claim the sword for himself.

When Herak uncovers the rest of the other weapon, he may or may not immediately recognize it as the heavy and menacing Mace of Sauron. It is not an indestructible Artifact, but still a powerful weapon that may have turned the tide on the ambush, if its previous owner had equipped it in time.

Herak is still wary at this ambush site. He is at the big grim looking mace. He checks it first to make sure he can use it.

" Baulo, check this one please. Make sure if you can that its not cursed. Aber4th, keep watch..Ears and eyes open that we aren't ambushed too. Whichever I take, you two can have the other as your share."

As Baulo checks the mace, Herak will keep watch too. When both weapons are checked, he will keep to his word. Taking one weapon for himself and giving them the other.

Aber4th opens a private audio channel to Baulo upon hearing Herak's offer. "Is this guy serious? He'll just let us have one?"

Baulo shrugs and answers "Well we did kinda hog all the coins without asking if he wanted some first. Besides, are you really gonna look a gift horse in the mouth?"

"Oh nah, not at all just....when's the last time we got that kind of offer? I dunno maybe if this doesn't go south, we should ask this guy to clan up." Aber4th suggests and Baulo nods his agreement then walks over to Herak.

"Will do!" Baulo comes over to the mace, and lets out a long impressed whistle. "Niiiice! No need to pull up my UI for this one. Mace of Sauron, also for a fifteen or higher." He casts another Detect Magic, and the mace does not react at all. "All clear big buddy." He slaps Herak on the shoulder.

Herak

So, without much further ado, Herak equips the mace, feeling the heft of the thing.

" I like maces and hammers better than swords Baulo. I figure you two are risking your bits out here as much as I am, so it's worth it to me to let you have the sword for your share. But in return, my third of the coins, fair enough ? "

Herak was still looking around as he moved back to the sword.

" Did you check this one for traps Baulo ? " * Assuming that's been done, Herak will indeed pick it up and deposit into a bag for the two partners.

"Aber4th, can you check for any trails? Lets see if we can find this big Orc and make all the locals happy with us ! "

@Ms.Ezra

"Gotta say big Herc, you look pretty badass with that mace." Baulo gives Herak a thumbs-up and nods his acceptance of the terms same as Aber4th. They are also ecstatic when they see he does uphold his end and pulls out the sword for them to claim when he deposits it into a bag Aber4th holds out for it.

Upon hearing Herak's question/suggestion, Aber4th gets into Tracking Mode. He gets down into a crouch and searches the ground. He walks all around the area following steps only he can see, until he gets away from the site and waves the pair over, saying quietly "I found a big pair of tracks headed this way" Herak will be able to make out the tracks without assistance, and note what Aber4th says aloud as well "This is some big Uruk-Hai, least the biggest I've seen."

Aber4th leads the group into the deeper forest, until they come under the darkness cast by the tree canopy and he stops. "Welp." He stands at the base of a large ancient tree and looks straight up. "Another odd thing. Never known an Uruk-Hai to be much for climbing trees."

"Same here." Baulo looks around holding his staff at the ready, his eyes scanning all around. "Short of setting the place on fire, I don't have any spells that would help us flush it out."

Then they hear a very faint "Help..." off in the distance. Aber4th and Baulo look at each other, and Herak but they take no further action, frozen with confusion.

"I don't like the sound of that." Aber4th states.

"Neither do I. Has to be an NPC." Baulo replies and they wait for another faint "Help.." to be heard.

"It's coming from the north-east." Aber4th identifies the direction first and starts to stalk his way in that direction with hands ready to unsheathe his swords. Baulo stays close behind him.

The trio find the source of the call for help some distance away in a small clearing. There is a slouched figure sitting in the waist-length grass facing away from the group, and it utters another pitiful "Help..." as they come to the area. The figure is male in build and dressed like a typical adventurer.

Herak Lion of Olympus

Herak looks around, cautious making his new mace ready.

" Something not right about this. Baulo, any chance your magic can detect life or enemies ? Aber4th, ready arrows, scan the area..including up in the trees. That fellow looks remarkable like bait to me. "

Herak is checking too for hidden enemies.

"Well, I don't have anything like that, but I can do this." Baulo raises his staff and casts a levitation spell on the slouched figure to lift it a couple inches off the ground. There is a sudden snapping sound, and a large log comes swinging out of the forest and slams into the figure, swatting it out of the clearing. There's an uncomfortable silence as Baulo looks at the swinging log with a slack jaw and he slowly lowers his staff. "Um...I'm pretty sure that was a dead NPC anyway. So yeah you were right, that was a-" He is interuppted by a spear flying out and nearly gets him in the foot. "Crap!" Baulo exclaims jumping back.

"I got contact!" Aber4th fires a couple arrows in the direction he had seen the spear come from. There is a loud guttural yell from that direction followed by the foliage shaking and thundering steps as whatever had thrown the spear runs around but towards them, attempting a flank from the left, headed for Aber4th and Baulo. Aber4th unsheathes his sword takes a ready stance for a hard thrust. Baulo's staff lights. They see through breaks in the foliage a tall figure, easily seven feet tall wearing a Predator mask and no scraps of metal armor. There's another guttural yell before the thing leaps out at them, chucking another iron spear as it does.

The trio has been preparing for an overly large Uruk-Hai. What they see coming at them is in fact a full adult Yautja complete with reptilian green and yellow skin visible under its minimal metal armor and dreadlocks.
Axepred3.jpg

"Holy sh-!" Aber4th yells and is almost impaled by the spear, but manages to side-step and cleave it. Baulo launches a fireball at it just as it lands. This elicits only an angry roar as it punches out the fire swiftly, takes a blade in both hands, and charges the trio.

Herak moves between the monster and his party. Rapidly activating the new heavy mace he has acquired. He prepares for a charge, his intent to dodge or parry, stepping a bit to one side and counter striking at the beastie.

"Aber4th, stay behind me, when it engages me, move around and try and flank it. Baulo, try to use minor spells and keep it distracted or off guard so I can try and take advantage of it. But remember to me between you and it ! "

Long term strategy for this fight is to fight defensively and take advantage of their numbers against this.... Orc ?

Aber4th and Baulo fall right in line with Herak's orders. The Ranger takes out his other thrusting sword and Baulo, seeing Herak go in for a swing with his mace, raises his staff high in the air. "Solar Spike!" and a bright flash of light emits from his staff. His comrades are looking away, affording them protection from the bright flash. The Yautja leaps back and roars in surprise, its hands going up to cover its eyes, affording a potential opening for Herak and Aber4th.

The Ranger does not take the opening. He's holding fast to his spot behind their de-facto leader with swords ready.

Herak won't order anyone to attack this thing before they are ready. But he is developing a plan. He will move to one side of the creature and attack while it is distracted. Meanwhile, hopefully keeping Baulo moving a little to keep Herak between it and himself. Aber4th will be directly opposite Herak, some distance back, to either take advantage of it turning to face Herak or move away if it turns to get him.

" Baulo, I am moving, keep me between you and it ! Nice work with the spell !
Ab.. Hopefully you'll have your opening... Good luck both of you !"

With that, he moves to his left and attacks with the savage looking heavy mace. If it parries that successfully, he is prepared to follow up with a kick to it's ankle, hopefully limiting it's mobility.

@Ms.Ezra

The Yautja jumps from Herak's mace attack and follow-up kick to its ankle. Aber4th takes this as an opening and leaps forward for a thrust at the creature's side. That thrust is met by a swift parrying swipe of a dagger. Baulo casts off another, stronger fireball. It too is dodged and it instead ignites a swath of foliage behind him. The Yautja looks all around at the three making agitated clicking sounds with its mandibles from behind the mask. He is a battle-worn one, adorned with scars large and small all across his exposed skin. He sidesteps slowly left-to-right waiting for them to make the next move.

Herak Lion of Olympus

" Baulo, I need a small spell to blind or distract. Aber4th you should follow along those lines"

Herak has formulized a plan. One this beast has been distracted...he will immediately attack the creature with his bare hands. Hopefully restraining it with a wrestling hold. He isnt going to wait fir Aber4th..but attack at the same time.