Sector 4: Ready Player One

"On it!" Baulo casts another Solar Spike at the Yautja. It roars in surprise and puts up its hands to block out some of the bright flash, which distracts him enough for Herak to get in and put him in a wrestling hold. The Yautja roars and struggles against Herak as Aber4th rushes in for two slashes to it's exposed torso.

Unfortunately Herak has slightly underestimated just how strong an adult Yautja can be when enraged. He cannot break the hold, but manages to get its footing and force Herak to turn with him right into Aber4th, swatting the smaller player aside and dealing minor damage. The Yautja thrashes against Herak, bashing its dreadlocked head back into Herak's face to try and break his hold. Baulo has his staff aimed at the pair, trying to get any opening to hit the creature without harming Herak.

Herak

Well, no one said this would be easy. The old adage, now that I have him, what will I do with him. Herak developed a plan, it wasn't great, but hopefully would work with a little luck. He rolled over onto his back and tried to keep the predator locked atop him, admitting to himself that this would be a painful thing. There he hoped his two companions could start rendering damage to the creature while he held it.

"Herc...I got an idea." Baulo says in a private audio channel to Herak and Aber4th so the Yautja can't hear his plan. "I'm going to do an Earth binding spell...when the incantation is done, let go and get away. Then we will have a little time to do as much damage as possible. Ready?"

"Ready!" Aber4th replies in the affirmative and hops to his feet with both swords ready.

Baulo stands still and stabs his staff into the ground, holds it with both hands while looking at Herak and the Yautja.

"Forest foundations unfurl
Bear yourself to the sun
Entrap the intruder!"

The ground around Herak and the Yautja ripples and thick roots spring forth. They curl inwards to wrap around the Yautja. First its wrists, then ankles, and the thickest goes for its neck to wrap around it dreadlocks and all in its way...

Herak. Lion of Olympus

Herak, struggling with the creature, hears Baulo's plan. He lets go & boxes its ears before hurriedly extracting himself.

Once freed, he retrieves his big mace & starts to smash the creature over and over. He doesn't stop until he is certain it is incapacitated.

" Nice job Baulo "

The forest is filled with the roar of the Yautja as it is first boxed in the ears then entrapped by the thick tree roots. Aber4th charges forward and sinks both swords into its sides, making it wail louder. The blows from Herak's mace cave in its chest, and splatters both men in luminescent green blood. It struggles briefly against its restraints, but in a minute that struggle ceases and its roar softens to a death rattle then stops. Aber4th withdraws his swords, holds them high and yells in triumph. "HELL YEAH!"

Aber4th relaxes and the roots retreat back into the ground. The bloodied Yautja lingers on the ground a moment before it digitizes into nothing, its blood included. ;eaving only the helmet/mask it had been wearing. Herak receives a notification in his UI. First that he had just received a third of the total XP for defeating the creature: 12,568, half of what he needs for a level-up.

Congratulations!

You have just defeated a Bad Blood Yautja, one of those disgraced members banished to the far reaches of the universe for his crimes against his bretheren and their hunter code. Left here on this planet with nothing, it is not as strong as those yet to be encountered on Yautja Prime and scattered across the OASIS in search of the ultimate prey.

Please enjoy your rewards, and thank you for playing!

Reactions: Gands
Herak draws in a deep breath and lets it out slowly.

" Well Gentlemen, that could have gone a lot worse eh ? Would you mind if I took this helmet as a memento ? "

With that, the big man sits down and unpacks a sand which from his pack, along with a sealed jug of wine.

"Thank you both by the way, I wouldn't have survived without the two of you !. "

It is his intention if the other two agree to head back to town after his small meal, and likely off this world all together.