Shadowhunters, An AU Epic

F

FallenProdigy

Original poster
Hey guys.

Pretty sure those of you who have seen the series Shadowhunters will already recognise my profile pic, but to clarify for those that don't know, its a Netflix TV series dealing with a group called the Shadowhunters, humans with a mixture of angel blood that are stronger, faster and in several cases, more intelligent than Mundanes, or basic humans. This group protect the Mundanes from the Shadow World: Demons, Fae, Vampires, Werewolves and Mages, all collectively referred to as "Downworlders". But things are never that simple.

This RP will be set after the events of the TV series, and is not completely canon. There will be some changes to suit everyones styles, but OCs are definitely welcome.

Basically, the plotline starts as follows

New York is in chaos ...

Rifts and portals open, allowing all manner of demonic creatures into our plane. Hulking behemoths stomp through Times Square, cracking the concrete beneath them. Bat-like flyers swoop down and capture unsuspecting Mundanes, their screams of terror mingling with the chorus of screeches that issue from the twisted beaks. Unconfirmed reports that several Princes of Hell have been spotted. In short, the worlds turned sideways. In a BIG way.

New Yorks' Shadowhunters are scattered, their Institute besieged, and their forces decimated. They can no longer protect the Mundanes. It falls upon you to take up the fight. Whether you're a young vampire, barely sired and craving blood. Or perhaps a skilled Fae, charming and seductive. You could be the descendant of a Shadowhunter, with nothing but the tools and weapons to your name. The choice is yours. Will you fight?

The Shadow World has arrived ...

You will be able to create your character as you see fit. The only thing I ask is that you don't make them too OP. I want this to last for a while, and having a new vampire activate some hidden ancestral power that wipes out all demons kinda ruins the fun.

Also, original characters are preferred, unless you are confident you can portray any of the characters from the series. As it is, I'm creating a character almost exactly like Magnus Bane, but I am altering so as not to BE him. I might even have cameos appear if that's so desired.

If interested, let me know. If you want to give a quick description of your character, by all means. Or save it for first postings. Your choice.

Lastly, I am not one of those people that cant accept constructive criticism. If you have a critique about a direction that I'm going with this, feel free to mention. If you have a suggestion for something you want to see or do in the roleplay, by all means. This story will be yours as much as it is mine. So help me shape it into an epic tale.

Cheers and happy posting.