Nisha blinked at the bruise. "That looks painful," she admitted. She hadn't actually thought that he might need some healing. Then again, as powerful as he was, he was only a human, not a vampire like her who could regenerate after stealing blood from humans.

Chewing on her lip, she debated whether she should use the regeneration magic she had learned many years ago. It was rusty at best and used quite a bit of her magicka; she was more used to draining her enemies of blood and using that to heal instead. Well, might as well test it out now.

"The satchel had some healing potions in there," she remarked dryly, walking over to where the tall Nord stood. "You should drink one. I don't generally use them myself, so consider them yours. That being said... let me try something." She lifted her both her hands, concentrating until they began to glow golden white. Here goes. Bringing both hands close to Tucker, she guided the healing magic to the bruise. It wasn't much, and by the time she moved her hands away, she could feel her magicka had drained. On the bright side, it seemed at least some of the bruising had healed.

"I need more practice." Nisha stepped back, wiping at her forehead with the back of her hand.​

• Love
Reactions: Spekkun
Tucker patted what was left of the bruising in a not so gentle manner, wincing slightly when he did. It hurt, but nowhere near as much as it did before. "Wow, you can cast magic too. Woman of many talents." He was both impressed and grateful. Even if the bruise hadn't completely gone away, the aching had dulled to the point that it might as well not exist. And his skin was looking normal again. But of course, his mind drifted elsewhere.

"Thanks for offering the potions though, I'll take em' off your hands if you're sure you won't need em." He'd still keep one ready for her, just in case. A small smirk crept onto his face as he looked down at Nisha. "Ya know, I could have just sipped one of those. Either you really wanted to try out your magic, or you wanted to get a much closer look at me." He teased.

"I can't blame you though." Tucker pulled his tunic over his head, patting down and brushing the fabric with his hands. " I look amazing." He shrugged his armor on once more, grabbing his sheathed blade and tying it around his waist. Sure, he was teasing, but it was obvious he also meant it. The Nord was very full of himself.​

• Haha
Reactions: Greenie
Nisha blinked at his words. "What-" Her eyes narrowed and she turned around in a silent huff, unwilling to show the random comment had caught her off guard. Sure he was handsome, but that had been the last thing on her mind. Men! Now that she thought about it, that sort of big-headed attitude reminded her just of her father.

"That was hardly was I was thinking about." She turned back around, a clearly annoyed look on her face, arms crossed over her chest. "I can see you well enough from the other room, what with the size of your ego." She ended her snarky comeback with a smirk, though mostly she was happy she hadn't succumbed to the teasing. Well... not entirely.

Deciding it was high time to change the subject, she headed for the room door and pulled it open, stepping into the main hall of the inn. It was rather empty now, save for the innkeeper and the bard. The door into the inn was open, rays of sunlight streaming in. Nisha paused in her step, pulling her hood over her head. If there was this much sun coming in, perhaps it was better to eat on the way to Whiterun, as Tucker had suggested, so that they didn't delay too much. It was already almost a day passed since the dragon had brought Helgen to the ground. Who knew where it was going next? The fasted people were prepared, the better.

Huh, I bet Ulfric should be prepared enough. After all, he could shout, and that was supposedly the same language as the dragons, right?

"Right, let's get going then." She looked back at Tucker before heading for the door. "I'll see if I can spot a shop here."

"If you're looking for a place to buy something other than food, try the Riverwood Trader." Nisha looked toward the counter at the innkeeper. "Owner's name is Lucan Valerius, Imperial if you couldn't tell by the name. Nice man though, honest."

"Thanks," Nisha replied, giving the innkeeper a nod. "Much appreciated."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Tucker snickered at Nisha's reaction. She may have tried to hide the effects of his comment, but it was obvious he'd gotten to her. Ironically, her words about his ego only caused him to snicker some more. It was true, his head was as big as he was, but he liked to think he earned the right. He would have teased her more but they did have to get a move on. Besides, there would be plenty of time to do that later.

He followed Nisha out the room, and then out of the Inn after the keeper gave them information on a shop. "Ah, a nice Imperial, eh? Second one in a row." Even though Hadvar wasn't an Imperial by blood, he worked for the Empire, so as far as Tucker was concerned, he counted. "Hope he has a map. Maybe some other good stuff." Like a shield. That would have come in handy with the bear, and in the event he faces an archer it would be invaluable. Nisha would most likely take them out no problem, but if there was more than one and he couldn't get to it, the shield would save him from a lot of pain.

"General Goods." Tucker read the shop name out loud once they arrived. He opened the door and headed in without a second thought, pausing to hold the door open for Nisha. In part, he was being a gentleman, but it was also because he didn't actually have a single gold piece in his pockets at this time. Nisha was carrying all the money. Still, he could have some fun.

"M'lady." He smirked and did a mock curtsy, which might have looked rather strange considering his height as well as her own. He'd drawn 'first blood' back at the Inn, and now he was like a shark that tasted blood.​

• Haha
"Same... I wish I had some useless trinkets I could sell off as well." Nisha was an old game at trading, but at the moment she had nothing more than what she had procured from the keep in Helgen. She hoped that the Whiterun Jarl would reward both of them for the news and not be too stingy. Even if he didn't, she supposed there was nothing stopping her from bounty hunting. It was as Tucker had mentioned earlier; Skyrim was riddled with bandits and there were always bounties waiting to be collected.

She raised an eyebrow at his bow and even more so at his smirk. So, a continuation from the inn? She returned the smirk before prodding his side where she knew the bruise was. A placid smile grew on her face as she entered the shop. "Why thank you, good sir." Two could play at this silly game, and admittedly it was a little fun.

Of course, the same smile vanished when she realized the shop was currently housing an argument between a man and a woman. At first glance they seemed related, what with their similar looks. Nisha didn't wish to intrude, so she remained quiet until the woman walked away, seeming disgruntled.

"Oh, good day!" Her eyes swerved away from the woman to look to the man, who seemed rather embarrassed about having been caught arguing. "Sorry about... that."

Nisha shook her head. "It's alright... sounded serious though. Is everything alright?"​

• Haha
Tucker couldn't help but wince when Nisha prodded his bruise, hissing ever so slightly through his teeth. He had to hide the fact it hurt, he couldn't give her the satisfaction! He'd rather be slapped around by the bear again before letting that happen! So instead, the Nord kept his smirk. "Knew you just wanted to touch me." He snickered as he followed her into the shop, the door closing behind her.

"Ah yes...!" The Innkeeper nodded his head, then promptly shook it no, a sigh escaping him. "We did have a bit of a break in, actually. The robbers didn't take much, just one thing. A solid gold ornament, shaped like a dragon's claw." Just mentioning it seemed to bring great stress to the man, not that anyone could blame him. It was solid gold. "My sister and I don't see eye to eye on how to run the store. We never have. This is just one more thing for her to use against me."

"Tch. Sisters..." Tucker rolled his eyes. "Always trying to run your life for you. Mine does it as well." He sympathized with the shopkeeper. While he loved his sister, she did have a habit of telling him what he needed in his life. "Hm...maybe we can help bring it back." They were sure to run into bandits during their travel to Whiterun. Maybe one of those groups had the claw or at least information on where to find it.

The shopkeeper's eyes seemed to light up at the offer. "Could you?! I've got coin coming in from my last shipment! It's yours if you can bring me back the claw!" He was practically glowing after the offer. "If you really are going to bring it back you should check out Bleak Falls Barrow, Northeast of here." He pointed as if that would do them a lot of good. "It's a popular bandit hideout."

He then paused, shaking his head. "I apologize, sir, ma'am. You didn't come in here just to hear my woes and offer your help. What can I help you with?"​

• Nice Execution!
It was a good this that the shopkeeper had immediately started talking, or else Nisha might have found herself retorting to Tucker's earlier comment. As it were, the news of the break in seemed a rather sore topic, straining further relations between the two siblings. As a lone child, she had no clue about siblings and how they were with one another. She had enough problems with her father though, so perhaps there was some truth to what these two were mumbling."

But more importantly was the offer to be paid if they found and returned the claw to Lucan. "Bleak Falls Barrow..." It was closer to Riverwood than Whiterun, she suspected, but until they had a map, she wouldn't be able to tell for sure. Either way though, Whiterun had to be first. The prospect of this place, or any other for the matter because of delay on their part would be a bit too much of a guilt burden on her shoulders. The shopkeeper could wait some days for his golden trinket.

"We came for a map," she said, breaking out of her thoughts to address the man. "And perhaps a shield for Tucker here... and you wouldn't happen to carry some arrows?" A sturdier bow would have been preferred, but she didn't have enough gold for that and a shield. Besides, from what she remembered Whiterun had two blacksmiths, and the Khajiit caravan that stayed outside near the stables often had quite good wares.​

• Love
An audible gasp escaped Tucker. A shield? For him? He couldn't help but sport a pleased grin on his face. The Nord looked rather cheeky as he placed an appreciative hand on Nisha's shoulder. "A shield for me! I can guarantee that no bear will ever be such a threat again!" Heck, nothing short of a dragon could do to him what that bear had done before, now!

While he was comfortable fighting with a sword alone, Tucker had always been one to use a sword in conjunction with a shield. It wasn't just for the protection, which he greatly appreciated, but the defensive tool made for a great offensive one as well. A quick bash to the face left even the most resilient of enemies stunned and hurt. "Bandits beware!" He declared, much to the shopkeeper's pleasure.

"Ah, a map! I do have one of those!" Lucian nodded his head quickly, fumbling around as he searched through his many wares. "A shield I believe I can help you with as well. I have an iron shield somewhere around here..." The shield was rather easy for him to find. The circular wooden and metallic shield was leaning against the wall. With an audible sound of effort, the shopkeeper lifted the shield up and onto a table with a sigh of relief. "As for arrows, I've got a couple of iron ones.

"Well...the map will be on the house. Part of your payment for helping me out with my little claw problem." He gave them a nervous grin before patting the shield. "This thing however...forty gold coins." It was very clear that he was no good at closing out a sale or bartering. His poker face was weak and even the way he talked made it seemed as though he could be easily swayed on the items price. "It's a very trustworthy shield! And I'll sell you the arrows for 1 gold coin each! That's a real bargain right there!"​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Nisha bit down on her lip, brow creased as she thought over the prices the shopkeeper had named. The cost of a normal iron shield was much less than what he was offering it for, so forty gold coins was more than a fair price. However... she didn't have that much gold. The arrows she could forgo; she could easily gather the ones she used. A shield, however, was necessary, especially for a man who had a sword and very little concept of stealth.

She tapped he face of the shield with her finger, letting out a "Hm..." The shopkeeper seemed even more antsy, and she could guess why- his most prized possession had been stolen and he couldn't wait for them to go and retrieve it. "This shield has seen combat." She pointed to a couple of light dents in the metal; thankfully the wood was sound and free of any blemishes. "I think if you're expecting us to go to Bleak Falls Barrow, the least we can have is a decent shield."

Lucan opened to say something, but Nisha lifted her hand, stopping him in his tracks. "Don't worry, I'm still going to buy it. Thirty gold though, that's my one and only offer. A fair one, as after some use he'll probably have to buy a new one. Besides, I really doubt you can do with losing business right now."

It was clear that Tucker was the nicer of the two, at least in Lucan's eyes. He seemed to struggle with his words before letting out a sigh of resignation. "Thirty gold is fine. The arrows-"

"I can do without them," Nisha told him with a smile, emptying the satchel of all the gold within. "Lovely doing business with you. We'll return soon with your dragon claw."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Tucker was both, surprised and impressed by Nisha's bargaining skills. He had been prepared to walk away without the shield or try and offer some sort of I.O.U. to the shopkeeper instead. He'd all but given up on getting the shield when he heard the asking price, so when the shopkeeper sold it to them for thirty coins instead, he couldn't help the smile on his face, his grin as bright as the sun. "Aye, what she said!" He patted Lucan's shoulder before picking up the shield.

He knocked on it, just like Nisha had before. Sure, it was dinged up from whatever battles it had seen before, but he could tell it had a lot of life left in it. He knew a thing or two about smithing, having learned a bit of the craft and about metals in Markarth. "Thanks, I owe you a ton." He told Nisha, his grin turned in her direction.

He slipped his arm through the leather straps, testing its weight out. He was akin to a kid who was just bought a new toy, albeit a giant kid. "You pretty much ensured we're gonna make it to Whiterun in perfect condition." He gave her a very confident wink. "Not a single strand of your pretty hair will be touched.

Tucker would have played around with it a little bit more, but he remembered they were on a mission. He opened the door to the shop, giving a short wave goodbye to Lucan as he stepped outside, holding the door open for Nisha. "Thanks again for the shield."

"So, which direction are we headed?" He knew the general direction Whiterun was in, but that was it. The best way to reach the town was beyond him, not to mention the aforementioned bandits that would be lurking around.​

• Haha
"It's not a problem," Nisha replied, shaking her head a little at his comment on her pretty hair. Well, she wasn't one to argue; she did have lovely hair, although a proper bath was needed to restore it to its previous glory. However that did remind her that she really needed to make sure she wasn't in direct contact with the sun.

Once they were out of the shop, Nisha took the map Lucan had given Tucker and unfolded it. It didn't take long to find familiar cities, Whiterun being one of them. Following the river south with her gloved finger, she reached Riverwood. "We can follow the river, it'll take use right by the brewery and the farmer's fields- wouldn't need many directions from there, the walls of the city will be more than noticeable.

Folding the map once more, she deposited it into the satchel and looked up to Tucker, giving him a nod. "Let's get going then, aye? We don't have enough coin for food but I daresay we'll be able to catch fish by the river. Enough to keep us well fed by the time we reach Whiterun." With that said, she started off immediately, not wishing to waste anymore time. It was easy enough, crossing the bridge and then heading down to the river's shore. As she had thought, one look at the river was enough for her to see the river was teaming with fish.

"Been to Whiterun often?" she asked curiously, pausing by the waterside. She reached down and splashed some water on her face, feeling droplets trickle under her hood.​

Last edited:
  • Love
"Ah, fishing, that could be fun." Tucker followed after her. He loved eating fish but he rarely ever caught them himself. For the most part, he gathered food by hunting or even foraging herbs, mushrooms and what not. "Easy thing to eat while walking, or if we camp out." Relatively simple to catch too, what with all the rocks in the river.

"I've been to Whiterun once or twice, mostly when I was just a little guy." He told Nisha, taking her idea and washing his face. He also gathered a handful of the water to drink. "Rarely do I come this far south. I love the cold of the north." Not that all of Skyrim wasn't cold, but the climate was definitely different between the two. "This'll definitely be my first time visiting the Jarl as well."

He grabbed another handful of water to drink. "How about you? You ever been to Whiterun? Quite a ways from Winterhold." He decided to test his hand-fishing skills and started eyeing a decent sized fish rather closely. Both his hands darted out, making a small splash as he wrapped his hands around the fleeing fish in a tight grip, standing up and raising the fish, holding it outward in case it tried to slap him with its tail fin.

"I even amaze myself sometimes." He chuckled, shaking his head.

• Love
"Yes, quite amazing." Nisha's tone was dry, but she was smiling under her hood. It was a good sign that the Nord could easily catch fish. She figured he could hunt just as well, but that would be somewhat tedious and excessive when they had a river they were travelling right next to. "As for your question... yes. I've travelled most of Skyrim, if not all. It happens when you live a long time with no death in sight." Of course, she wasn't immortal, but Nisha didn't exactly throw herself into danger. She watched from safety and ended it from far.

"I've do frequently find myself in Winterhold, although I do actually like the south, particularly the Rift- I often travelled near the border of Skyrim and Morrowind." And made sure to keep far away from Fort Dawngard. She had no qualms with those who hunted vampires who were scumbags, but many at the Fort had a very narrow vision and viewed all vampires as one and the same. It was hard to make people who wanted to kill you understand that you didn't actually wish to turn them all into one of your kind. Least of all when one of them had a crossbow trained on you.

Not that Nisha could claim they were the only victims of such prejudice, not that it wasn't warranted. Skyrim was going through more tumults times once more, what with Ulfric deciding to murder their High King and start a civil war; she hardly expected Nords to be civil to Imperials leave alone a group a people that liked to drain people of their blood.

Breaking from her thoughts, she nodded towards the fish. "That's your breakfast, enjoy." For the time being, she wasn't in the mood for anything other than starting in their destination. "If you need a quick cooking, we can make a quick fire."​

• Love
"I don't even have to try." Either Tucker didn't notice the dry tone or he chose to ignore it. Maybe it was some odd combination of ignorance and pride. No, it definitely was. He looked at the fish, considering cooking it for a moment. "As tempting as the offer is, I think I'll be fine for awhile. I ate like a damn troll last night. I just wanted to catch it because I could." He chuckled and lowered the fish into the river, letting it swim out of his hands and away. "If I eat some more, I might want to go back to the Inn for another night."

He started walking once more, shaking the water from his hands. "Wow, so you're pretty well traveled. Color me slightly jealous and intrigued." His eyes shifted to her as he walked. "You're a pretty mysterious little lady, aren't ya?" He'd noticed she'd caught herself and changed her words midway through her sentence. "That's fine though. Everyone's got their secrets. A few skeletons in the closet never hurt anybody." As curious as he was, he didn't want her to feel like he was prying.

"Funnily enough, I've not seen all of my own country but I was over the border to see Cyrodil. " Like any Nord Tucker loved his Skyrim, but his curiosity had gotten the better of him. He'd heard tales of what had happened centuries ago, and they sounded fantastic. "Guess a part of me wanted to see a land without the Empire or the Stormcloaks for awhile. "

"If you've been that far south then you've been to Falkreath, haven't ya?" He asked her, "Ever visit the Burial site?"​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Well, he had that right. She was well travelled and she was mysterious, perhaps showing it a little too much. Nisha let out a "hm" in response to that, relieved that Tucker wasn't going to further pry into what exactly she was. She barely knew the man after all. Perhaps if their little quest to find the dragon claw ended up fruitful with neither of them dead, she'd enlighten him of who she truly was. Until then though... well, she really hoped she didn't get thirsty enough to steal his blood.

"I was headed to Cyrodiil when I was caught." The first time she decided it was worth spreading her figurative wings and see more of the world, the damn Imperials had caught her. Perhaps she really should have visited Solstheim instead- the ship to Windhelm was certainly closer to Winterhold than than the mountain pass south of Skyrim. A small shake of her head reminded her that it wasn't worth dwelling on things of the past. She was free now after all.

"I've been to Falkreath a few times," she replied with a nod. "Just recently actually, a month ago, before I headed into Cyrodiil. It was more of a stop to rest, however, so I didn't really visit the graves." She had heard of them, yes, but she wasn't really one who was very reverent toward the dead. The dead were dead, and anything important of them was in Sovengard for those who believed in that place.

"Why, have you been?" Nisha looked up at him as she walked close by, though her gaze shifted away to see a scampering fox in the distance. "Oh perhaps you have family there?" That was right, he mentioned a sister. What about other siblings? Parents? Perhaps a lover or a wife, maybe even children?​

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Ha! Now THAT is funny!" The Nord couldn't help but laugh from the bottom of his belly, as shown by his hands on said belly. "I got caught returning, you got caught leaving. Had things gone expected we probably never would have met, and yet here we are! Going to help a town defend themselves against a dragon, together!"

Well, they weren't on the front on the frontlines but they were traveling to ask for reinforcements and whatever defense Jarl Baalgruf could spare. Still, it was funny the way fate worked. "Maybe the gods have something great in store for us." He mused out loud. "Like...first people in gods know how long to kill a dragon, eh?" Now that would be an achievement.

"Aye, I've got a friend or two there." Tucker nodded his head. "My sister used to stay out that way, but she spends her time on the road now. I've been there a couple of times, though. The burial site is a big tourist attraction, as morbid as that sounds." He shook his head, chuckling.

"Mostly because it's where a bunch of legendary battles happened. Wouldn't be surprised if a couple of dragons were killed there as well. Tons of heroes buried there too, legends."​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Nisha supposed there was humour to be found in their current situations. She also had to admit it was nice to hear someone finding it easy to laugh and see that humour whereas most, including herself, would have simply whined and complained about all the trouble they had to go through.

"You're a strange person," she commented, smiling at the Nord from Markarth. "Though not in a bad way. Remind me of someone I know."

As they continued on their way, following the river path, they finally reached the point where they had reached the pinnacle of walking uphill. The river was had shifted to a more rapids form, speeding and crashing against jutting rocks as it forced its way downhill into the fields. Nisha walked to the edge of the cliff and pointed down. "Honeybrew Meadery. And there..." Her finger raised, pointing to the grand walls surrounding Whiterun. From her point of view, she could see the rooftops of the houses and shops, but all that paled in comparison to the large long house at the height of Whiterun- Dragonsreach.

"And that's where the Jarl will be waiting for you." She cast a side glance at Tucker. "Wonder if the guards'll let us past to see him? I suppose there's only one way to find out."

As she spoke, down below in the wild grassy field, there was a wagon passing through with chests and produce. A group of four bandits seemed to have spotted it. A yell rang out from one, spurring the others to charge at the merchant.​

Last edited:
  • Love
"For us." Tucker retorted as he gazed across the fields and at the city of Whiterun. "Huh..." He trailed for a moment as he observed the city. It was nice looking. Small, but definitely bigger than Riverwood or Helgen, bigger than the two put together even. "I can definitely tell which building belongs to the Jarl." And, as much as he hated to admit it, it was a pretty nice looking place. He relished the opportunity to see the inside.

"They better let us inside. I mean, that was a pretty nice walk, and there are lives at stake. If I have to shove past a couple of guards, oh well." He wasn't afraid to kick down the doors to the Jarl's palace. In fact, he thought it'd be pretty cool to kick down the door to the Jarl's palace. "Maybe they've heard some murmurings about the beast, or even its roar themselves. Doesn't seem to really stay put, does it?"

His observations of the city led him to notice the four bandits attacking the merchant, something that put a grin on his face. "Ah, I see a problem brewing." Admittedly, he looked forward to fighting the bandits. He'd finally be able to put the shield Nisha bought for him to good use.

The Nord unsheathed his sword and pointed it in the direction of the bandits. "I'm pretty sure they've got some arrows and gold they can part with. Help restore your money pouch." He slapped his blade against his shield, the sound of metal clanking against metal ringing out before he started his way down the hill, moving as fast as he could without making too much sound.

Of course, it was all for nothing once he made it to the bandits, who'd already surrounded the panicking merchant. The sound of his armor and his size gave him away, alerting the closest bandit. The bandit, wielding an iron greatsword, turned immediately, swinging his weapon as he did.

Tucker raised his mighty shield and planted his feet into the ground, blocking the blow. Unlike with the bear swipe, he did not budge this time and used the moment to thrust his sword into the bandit's torso. A cry of pain erupted from the bandit and a cry of joy erupted from Tucker.

He loved his shield very much!

• Nice Execution!
Nisha blinked as she watched Tucker's back head further and further faway rom her as he pretty much charged down the mountain side with his sword and shield, looking very much the proper Nord. He was the opposite of stealthy alright, just like he had been yesterday when he charged into the room with the Stormcloaks.

"No worries," Nisha said aloud, unable to keep a small chuckle from escaping her lips. She would back him up from further behind. Thankfully there were many useful jutting rocks and crags and even sparse shrubbery that would hide her slight form, though if she was being honest, she didn't think she would need them. Like hungry animals gathering around a piece of flung food, the bandits were all around Tucker, who seemed to be dishing some well deserved hits.

Pulling an arrow from the quiver on her back, she nocked her bow and aimed at one of the archers. Better off she remained the only ranged fighter. She let loose the arrow in his direction before looking to the other bandits. One of lowlifes seemed to notice their companion staggering as he pointed in the vampire's direction.

"Found me, eh?" Grin hidden by her hood and hair, Nisha grabbed two arrows, clutching the extra between her teeth as she aimed the other one at the bandit who was rushing to hide behind the cart of the merchant who was still there- "Ah no you don't!" Hiding wasn't what the bandit had in mind, rather killing the merchant and taking the cart, judging by the sword. Nisha let go of the arrow and then another one in the bandit's direction before fleeing downhill, putting her bow in its holster and she grabbed her dagger instead. Her free hand was outstretched, red glow surrounding it as she grabbed at the bandit's life source, draining him of his power.

"Tucker, you alright?" She looked his way and then to the merchant, who was quite frankly terrified, both by the bandit as well as the hooded person who was clearly a vampire.

• Love
"Yeah, I'm fine." Tucker shook the blood from his sword, crimson droplets splattering against the ground. "Not a scratch on me." He tapped his sword against the shield before sheathing the blade. "Shield took the brunt of everything, barely felt his swing at all!" He puffed up his chest. Despite its worn look, the shield looked like it had barely been scratched.

"Shield wasn't the only impressive thing though." He whistled, reaching over and patting Nisha on the back. " Never seen that kind of magic before. I'm more used to the showy kind, ya know? A little fire, some sparks here and there. But you took the more subtle route, just drained the life right out of him. He seemed to be aloof for a moment, a chuckle escaping him.

"But now I know why you're hooded all the time." He didn't know much about magic per say, nor had he seen the kind she'd used, but everyone knew the kind of creatures capable of such a feat. "And here I thought it was just a fashion choice." His mysterious partner was a vampire. An actual vampire. Perhaps that was why the Imperials seemed so shocked to have caught her before. Now he understood her secrecy.

"Oh, you're welcome by the way." He turned to the merchant, patting him on the shoulder, his face adorned with the biggest of all grins. "Just two travelers who were passing by and decided to do one more good deed for the day."

The Merchant was terrified, confused and grateful all at the same time. He was quiet, his gaze focused entirely on Nisha despite his shoulder being patted. His silence, however, was a little irritating to Tucker. "Hey," The Nord spoke, finally getting the Merchant's attention, "We just saved you and your merchandise. How about a little gratitude?"

Was thank you too much to ask for?​

• Love