5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Monsters, supernatural, fantasy, romance, criminality, slice-of-life (modern or set in past, usually with some twists)
DarkStreet___DSC8467__Full.jpg

Celestino had heard plenty of stories about how Olympia used to be before the humans were overpowered and either killed, or oppressed and forced to fight hard to survive. Whether his parents told him before they died, or whether he heard from the people in his building who were still able to remember that time, it had been a story he had spent his childhood hearing; about how beautiful the city had once been, and how easy life had once been for humans like him. He remembered his mother often breaking into tears as she recalled the flower shop she used to own, before having to describe to her son just what a flower was; something he had never seen as a result of the total destruction of the city. All he grew up around was broken buildings and masses of rubble, as well as the occasional fire from buildings that the orcs randomly decided to set alight for fun. Anything natural, aside from a few trees that remained standing, was a complete mystery to him. He had no doubt that not everything natural had been destroyed, but it certainly had in his area of the city. After all, humans were forced into the very worst areas, so he doubted anything could grew around the utter devastation these areas displayed.

However, Celestino had managed to survive his whole childhood in his area, and, whether it was boastful or not, he was proud of himself for not just surviving, but doing such a good job that people in his building, people he considered family after the years he spent with them, were able to eat regularly. The meals consisted of nothing much, certainly not satisfying, but compared to most humans, it was a feast, and he was the one able to provide them. He didn't dare utter how he managed to get his hands on so much food and water, as well as the occasional blanket for warmth when Winter hit, but fortunately, most people were far too grateful to question the kindness. Hell, they were too grateful to criticise him on his drug use, which, before he began to provide them with valuable items for their survival, had been a regular occurrence. It usually ended with them yelling at him for his stupidity, while he refused to rise to it and simply lounged back until their anger had ended. However, as he started to bring in food, those tendencies to yell at him when he was clearly off his face on something had become incredibly rare... and that was just another incentive to continue to do what he needed to help them.

What he had to do consisted of sleeping with the orcs that he regularly met up with, in exchange for money, food or sometimes, directly for drugs. At first, even going near the women terrified him, having been physically beaten over the years by orcs that simply wanted a fight, and didn't care if their target didn't match their physical strength. However, while the women were hardly sympathisers to his species, he seemed to strike up a sort of connection with them. They met up with him solely for sex, but he definitely felt he got on with them-- though he also knew he would think differently if they didn't pay him for what he was risking being with him.

Because they came to meet with him so regularly, there was almost a schedule involved for each of the women. He knew what days he needed to meet them, and just where to linger about for them to find him. He wasn't due to meet with them, so, on one of the only days he had to himself, he had no hesitation in shooting up and settling on the hood of the burned out car he was usually found sat on with his hood up and his hands behind his head. He rarely got to relax, and perhaps fully relaxing like this out at early evening wasn't wise when any orc could take him by surprise and hurt him. It was true that orcs sometimes wandered through, but it happened so irregularly that he wasn't too worried about laying out in the dark and getting off his face on whatever drug he had gotten his hands on.

His relaxation was interrupted the moment he heard heavy footsteps not too far away. He had learned how to distinguish between an orc's steps, and that of a human, which was another reason why he wasn't too nervous about laying out on the car. He thought he was smart enough to know when trouble was approaching, and clearly, that confidence in himself wasn't ill-founded when he sat up to notice Halzinger lingering at the end of the street. Not that he knew just who it was. He knew he was an orc (he was pretty good at recognising one from afar) but he had no idea of his status. Unsurprisingly, Celestino didn't know any orc in an office of power, having no real way of knowing that.

He didn't panic, assuming that, if he was going to get attacked, he'd be on the floor, bloody and bruised, by now. Instead, he slowly sat up on the hood of the car, crossed his legs and fiddled in his pocket for a cigarette.

"...You lost or what? You're in a human neighbourhood, I figure you're pretty lost," he called out easily, his brow arched as he fiddled with his lighter, groaning each time his hand shook too much to be able to hold the thing steady. "Unless you wanna be here to beat the shit outta me, that's possible. Listen, dude, if you wanna beat a human up to get your kicks, I ain't the best choice. I can't feel shit right now, you aren't gonna get any screams from me."

"I'm not going to beat you up, don't be a fucking moron," Halzinger grunted with a roll of his eyes. While Orcs always had particularly rough voices, Halzinger's voice was probably the closest to a human's while not being human. Taking a deep breath of his own, he moved to carefully approach the human.

He had heard of Celestine from his wife, of all people. She confided in him that there were some Orc women going to the outskirts to meet up with a human to have sex. While he first found it absolutely disgusting - scratch that, he still finds it disgusting - he learned of just how desperate he was for cash and it just so happened that Hal was burning a hole in his pocket. He would get what he wanted and if this human decided to deny him or threaten to talk, he'd simply bash his skull in. Simple.

"I heard you provide some services I'm interested in," he began before tossing the cigarette on the ground and digging his boots to crush it. "I have what you want and I want what you offer. It's notcthat very complicated, though maybe I'm asking for too much from a human, especially one that doesn't seem very bright." He critiqued flatly before standing properly in front of the other, his aura being just as overpowering as his general appearance.

"I just need you to be good at having sex and we can part ways, how does that sound? I'll give you plenty of cash do you can go and get high again and I can go home back to my wife," he declared eventually as he impatiently shifted his weight. "So... where do you usually do this? I'm not having sex with you in the middle of the street."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: potassiumboron
Being approached for sex had become a regular occurrence in his life as of late, and he knew that word would spread just a little amongst the women who blurted their little secret to friends. He was fine with that, as long as his identity was concealed. So, being approached by a complete stranger really didn't surprise him, and had Hal been a woman, he wouldn't have batted an eyelid; he would have accepted the request easily without any questions needing to be asked.

However, the fact he wasn't a woman did stand out. Celestino had no problem sleeping with a man, having lost his virginity to one, but he wasn't so naive to the ways of Hal's species that he could ignore the repulsion most of them felt for same-sex coupling. He had plenty of homophobic remarks from Orcs that passed through the neighbourhood, so being approached by one looking to act on his sexuality, regardless of the risk it posed, was surprising.

"...Ain't that a risk for you? I'm cool with it, I'm into taking risks. Kinda gives me something to do. If you ain't afraid of the risk involved, I'm cool with it. I'm just surprised is all, I didn't think a guy would ever come seeking me out, but it's good. I need a change," he murmured to himself as he pushed off the car, examining the Orc as subtly as he could. No matter how he looked, there was no chance Celestino would turn down the cash offered to him. It was just fortunate and a bonus that Halzinger was attractive. That always helped things.

"I usually go to this small shed in a garden over there. You gotta climb over a bit of rubble, but it's why nobody goes there. I've made it real fancy. Got a mattress and a blanket and everything, it's real luxurious," he snorted as he tugged his hood up and began the stroll down the street. If he wasn't high, he would have been nervous, if only a little. He was used to the women he slept with and had built up a connection with most of them. He wasn't used to dealing with complete strangers who gave off a less than comforting aura. Fortunately, the drugs he was on helped mask that nervousness pretty well.

"You ain't gonna give me your name, are you? Nobody tells me their real name, it's pretty sad. It ain't like I can blackmail you, nobody will believe a damn word I say even if I wanted to do shit like that-- how much am I getting paid for this, anyway? Anything is fine, but... I dunno, a dollar ain't gonna buy food for 25 people, is it?"

"I'll give you a hundred if you shut the fuck up," he snapped, his eyes nervously looking about as he trailed behind Celestino. If anyone were to find out what he was doing, not only would he be ridiculed but he could very well start another rebellion worse case scenario. That being said, he just had to make sure nothing was wrong with him. If he didn't like it, it meant he was just in a rut... right?

It helped that humans were desperate. The pathetic display wasn't lost to him but he hardly took mind, especially when he was told of the very same beings had done the same to his ancestors. In fact, he would love to boast and brag about being able to humiliate a human at their very core by financially forcing them to have sex. He'd find a way to admit it through redacting the major fact that it was a man somehow, he figured, as he trailed behind.

"Look, I want this to be quick. I'd rather to do this inside but you don't really deserve that luxury," he grumbled as he effortlessly climbed the rubble. Hell, Hal often did just that with friends for fun so doing some minor climbing meant nothing. "We'll never see each other again so don't hold back... I guess."

• Useful
For all he cared, he could have been cruelly ridiculed and pushed over onto his face amongst the rubble. Truth was that Celestino hardly cared what he had to go through to get money. Besides, he was smart enough not to even try to fight back, even if he had the energy to do so. Having lacked any real desire to fight back against the creatures his whole life, spending most of it shrugging off their taunts to him, he wasn't going to start getting angry about his treatment now. Anything that could potentially ruin the agreement would be traumatic for him, especially if he ended up getting killed for saying or doing something the Orc disliked. Instead, he chose to shut up until reaching the outdoor shed that had somehow managed to avoid being destructed, clambering inside and shutting the door hard behind Hal.

"You want this to be quick, yeah? That's cool, I can make this passionless and have it be over in five seconds if that's your thing," he admitted with a lazy smile, rubbing his eyes to try and keep them open. At the moment, the best he could do was have them stay half-lidded, though the fact he was even managing that was a minor miracle.

"What's your thing, then? I can shut up, but I don't want to lose money for doing something you ain't cool with. Besides, I don't wanna get my face smashed in, so maybe tell me what you like and I can do that and we can get this over with," he continued with a tired groan, easing his hoodie off slowly to avoid irritating the bruises on his side. Even if Orcs weren't attacking him, the fact he lived in a building that was barely standing was a danger in itself. Very frequently, bricks would just fall from walls or the ceiling, or the floor would give way beneath him. The large bruises on his side were a nasty result of the latter.

"Give me preferences, dude. I'm being paid for this, I wanna know what you like and stuff-- for full customer satisfaction and all that shit."

"I... " he began slowly, only to pause at the realization that he didn't actually know what he liked. He usually just did what made his wife happy under the guise that he enjoyed it as well when in reality it was pure luck that he knew what to do. With rosy cheeks, he took in the scenery with a frown.

"I don't, ah... know? I mean, fuck - the basics? We have, you know... sex and I can go home to my loving wife," he explained quickly as he pulled off his own coat and shirt to expose his toned chest. Despite the intimidating aura from before and his clearly fit body, it contrasted Hal's currently nervous appearance. It was then that he realized he had made a mistake.

"Look, this... was a bad idea," he began to himself, though didn't move. He was a true Orc, which meant that he wasn't one to lose in a fight or break a promise. He had promised himself he would get this done and here he was, faced with the notoriously desperate human. "Just - by quick I mean I don't want anyone finding this out, understood l? If anyone does, I will have no regrets crushing your skull and burning your home to the ground. Understood?"

"Mhm... Why do you feel the need to be so angry, exactly? Chill out, dude. Good vibes only, it's sort of the only rule. I can deal with you insulting me, words don't bother me too much. Call me a human piece of shit, I can laugh that off. I ain't gonna like being beat to a pulp because it won't really help either of us. I'm not gonna be in the mood for sex if you break every bone in my body beforehand so, like, shake that negativity off and chill out. God, everyone's so angry all the time," he groaned beneath his breath, sitting up with his legs folded once realising the other's hesitation... and he wasn't prepared to do a whole lot to convince him to get over that. He wanted money, but Hal was hardly given him the impression that he wanted to do this, and Celestino couldn't think of anything worse than having sex with someone who went on to regret it.

"Do what you want. If you think you've made a mistake, you can go. I'm not that desperate that I'm gonna get on my knees and beg you to stay. I mean, I am desperate, but I ain't doing that," he continued slowly, moving to sit in the corner just to be able to rest his head back against the cool of the wall, sighing contently to himself. At the very least, this was a more comfortable place to relax in and enjoy being high than the hood of the car was, so he got something from it all.

"For what it's worth, I think you're cute and that's always a nice bonus when I'm in these situations. I think I'd like getting all passionate with 'ya. But I ain't going to beg you, I'm not sad. You came looking for me; you're here now. You might as well enjoy yourself and sit down so I can kiss you, yeah? Try off with something small. If you hate that, you can leave and I won't even charge you for the kiss, 'cos I'm a real nice guy, actually."

If there was anything Hal hated more, it was being challenged and in his mind, what Celestino was saying was just that - a challenge. Grimacing in frustration with himself, he walked over to the mattress while holding back his disgust at the fact that he was really going to do this outside in the middle of the night with a stranger on an old mattress. Nonetheless, he had to quench his thirst for curiosity and spared no time in pulling the human into the kiss - a rather passionate one, at that.

Halzinger had years of pent-up frustration and like hell was he going to waste an opportunity, despite how awkward he felt. That being said he wasted no time in going as far as to pin the human - albeit lightly. That didn't matter, anyway. Kissing his wife felt just the same as it did kissing the human and he already assumed that would be the case but he couldn't just will himself to just get to the gritty lovemaking without just a bit of romance to begin with, right?

"Don't ever assume that you know anything about me, understood?" He roughly grumbled, his eyes narrowing as he took in Celestino's face, hoping for proper compliance. He had no intentions of hurting the other despite his threats but that didn't mean he was going to go easy on the other. After all, he didn't want there to be a small chance that he would run off and spill the beans. "...and if you say anything to anyone, I'll make sure that you'll be eating through a straw shoved down your throat."

"Why would I tell anyone I had sex with some random Orc, dude? It'd get me, like... ostracised from humans and probably murdered by your kind, so it ain't something I'm looking to do. Chill out," he groaned, cracking his neck after the rather abrupt romantic move from the other. He was a fan of things moving fast like that, and he really wasn't against things being a little rough and passionate, but the surprise caught him off guard and left him massaging the side of his neck with a frown. The fact his lips were already stinging wasn't particularly great either, though after a moment or two, he decided he didn't remotely care. It was much nicer having someone like Hal (despite his attitude) than the women he had been sleeping with, who were often so mind-numbingly boring that he felt like telling them to keep their money. He didn't do that, obviously, but it was tempting.

"You've got a lot of pent up anger-- I'm not assuming I know 'ya, it's just an impression. Don't be sensitive. You can judge me all 'ya want, I know I'm a piece of shit," he grinned up at him, biting his own lip in contemplation. Getting involved with Hal, after his continuous threats and obvious hesitation, might not be wise... but Celestino was hardly full of wisdom these days.

"Listen, I'm gonna be good and keep my lips shut. It's a one-time thing anyway-- and I'm high as hell, I'll probably forget what you look like after some sleep anyway. Try and relax," he sighed, albeit with another slow smile as he moved to wrap his arms around his shoulders and offered a quick kiss of his own, if only to try and loosen him up a little.

"I won't talk anymore, yeah? We can go into this, you can pay me and then you can fuck off into the night and never see my cute face again, I'm cool with that."

Despite being a notoriously tough and hearty Orc, Hal's face hadn't changed from that bright red. His stern expression was on the verge of breaking and exposing his anxiety, though it was at least nice to know that the human was trying, even if his drugged state was growing annoying. To shut the other up, he added another heavier kiss, desperate to quicken things up a bit for his own anxiety.

"Look, I'm not angry. I know you seem completely incapable of understanding the severity of what is going on but if anyone were to find out, I... I could be killed at the worst and my career would be ruined best case scenario. Please just... yeah, you're right. You're probably too fucked up to even remember this, you're right..." he continued before deciding to at least be a bit gentle and run his hand through Celestino's hair a tad.

After at least admitting his fears, the orc was able to properly have sex - although it was rigid and a bit awkward for him, having never really considered having sex with a human male. Unlike with his wife, there was something that was just more... passionate about it all? He loved his wife deeply on a friendship level but this had been different.

It had been undeniably awkward in parts, but Celestino had some understanding and had almost braced himself for it. After all, he could sympathise - his first time had been enjoyable but ridiculously awkward, as had his first time with a woman. Considering this was Hal's first time with a man, and a human one at that, with all the risks that posed, his performance was far from terrible, and Celestino had absolutely no problem in admitting that.

"You ain't terrible," he commented after a moment or two of regaining his breath, though chose to light up a cigarette the instant he had done that and put his clothes back on. "I mean, it was... sweet? And hell, it could have been terrible and I'd still compliment 'ya. I'm a sucker for a good-looking guy with a great jawline, y'know? But hey, it was good."

Groaning quietly as he pushed himself to his feet, he examined himself in the broken mirror nearby, using it to at least sort his hair out so nobody asked too many questions concerning his whereabouts. That said, hiding the kiss-marks and scratches was going to be far more difficult, but he wasn't too stressed about that. If he was interrogated about it, he could simply say he had sex with a human. They wouldn't be too pleased about how he was spending his time, but at least they'd let it go. Telling them he was with Hal would ruin everything.

"Not to be pushy, but you are still paying me, yeah? If I wasn't desperate, I wouldn't make you pay, dude. I just... gotta feed myself," he grunted, breathing the smoke out with an irritated frown at the position he was in. "It ain't great having to do this shit for cash-- but hey, I don't mind if I get guys like you asking to sleep with me~"

After a long moment of silence while he, too, regained his breath, the Orc groaned and ran a hand through his hair to at least try and fix it again. He'd be lying if he said he didn't enjoy it but he wasn't going to just boast about it in front of the other. Trying to wipe his face of the blush, he tugged on his own clothes before grabbing his discarded wallet and tugged out the 120 he promised - the 20 being a bit of a tip, for extra incentive to keep quiet. Once straightening himself out in hopes to convince his wife he just took a stroll, he handed over the cash before patting the human's back with a smile.

"Yeah, thanks. That... helped a lot, actually," he murmured, only then realizing just how shit the situation had been. He knew his knees would probably hurt in the morning from the shit mattress, even despite his naturally thick skin, and the whole place wasn't nearly as hidden as he would have liked. "Look, get yourself something nice for me, yeah? Just... whatever, Ah... thanks."

"Get myself something nice for you? Does that mean you kinda like me? I usually don't get told to buy something nice, they usually tell me to go and buy some more drugs," he admitted easily with a faint roll of his eyes, all while trying to check the Orc out as subtly as he possibly could. Normally, he couldn't wait to leave the women he slept with, wasting very little time in rushing out the moment he had his payment. With Hal, however, he didn't necessarily mind spending some extra time in his company, even if he was sure the Orc couldn't wait to get home and put it all behind him.

"...Because I don't mind seeing you again, dude. You know where to find me, yeah? And I ain't just saying that because you pay me pretty well. I liked this, I have no problem repeating this if you get bored and realise that, hey, you might want to spend some time with a cute guy again," continued Celestino slowly, pressing a little closer. He had every urge to press a hard kiss to his lips again, but settled for a peck on the cheek instead. "Go back to your wife, I'll... probably never see 'ya again but that's fine."

Hal wasn't an idiot. He could be just as arrogant as any stereotypical Orc and wasn't ashamed of that fact, but he was far from being thick. Because of that, he could clearly notice the 'subtle' glances from the human. Looking away warily, he pursed his lips before offering another slow smile before cracking his knuckles.

"Maybe," he decided to reply vaguely. "If I do come back, I promise I'll treat you again - you were excellent, though I don't want to stroke your ego. I don't care what you use the money for, should I have assumed you were going to use it for drugs? I just assumed you'd first get food and proper blankets for the weather."

"I'm not so fucking selfish that I'd splurge this on drugs. Nah. I'm gonna get food and water and some basics, and if there's anything left, I might treat myself-- it's my money, right? You don't get to tell me what I should spend it on," he defensively remarked, his anger spiking a little. He never usually got angry, or even annoyed, but he was often prone to outbursts when it concerned his habit. He had to deal with everyone at home telling him how much of a waste it was, and while Hal hadn't specifically judged him yet, he wanted to nip it in the bud before any judgement set in.

"How about you take some time out of your cosy home and sleep in a run-down, cold building for a few nights? It sucks, dude. I don't like moaning but it's horrible. Then I have to go out and sleep with people just for a few fucking dollars. I think I'm entitled to take the edge off in any way I can," he mumbled, flopping back onto the mattress once deciding that he didn't want to leave... especially when he realised he had pills stashed under one of the floorboards. He usually resorted to them whenever he had an experience with an Orc that wasn't particularly nice. Despite liking Hal, the conversation and the judgement he felt was taking place was hardly enjoyable.

"You gonna head back to your wife, then? 'Cos I have nothing better to do then get high, and you made it pretty obvious that you love your wife and this was just an experiment or whatever-- and hey, that's cool with me. You don't need to come back, just don't... rat me out to anyone, yeah? I kinda need this to survive, so don't tattle on me to whoever's in charge of the city right now. I'd appreciate that, pal."

"I'm aware that it sucks, my father told me the stories of how you treated my kind before the uprising. Living in squalor, denied any way to succeed, forced to steal to survive... I've heard it all because I know my father went through what you're going through now," he replied, cracking his neck warily as he adjusted his sleeves. Once back to a more pristine appearance, he finally chose to face the human.

"Listen to me. I don't really care what you do with the money, nor do I have any intention of ratting you out. How would that help me? People would realize what I did and... I'd be a mistake. It's already dangerous for me to do this. I think it's self explanatory that I don't want to ruin either of our lives. As for my wife, its... complicated," he admitted, his eyes drifting away with pursed lips.

"Complicated. Right. You mean that you're gay -or at least interested in men- and that's not exactly accepted for your kind. Is that what's so complicated? I mean, that must suck too. My life's pretty shit but at least I can kiss a guy without too much backlash," he shrugged, silently adjusting the sleeves of his sweatshirt. He was well aware that not every human was accepting of his sexuality, but at least the majority of humans he had met didn't seem to care. He couldn't imagine the same attitude would be seen amongst Orcs - he had heard plenty about their outdated views on sexuality, after all.

"Look, I ain't telling you what to do, but I'm always here if you need me, yeah? For the right price, obviously, but you're clearly loaded. I usually get paid, like, $30, which is shit, let's be honest," he babbled, counting through the money he was given again with a growing smile. Money was the whole reason he had to venture into this line of work, after all, and it made it worth it when he was given a decent amount to live off. Therefore, keeping on Hal's good side and encouraging him to pay another visit was pretty important if he wanted to get paid a good amount again.

"I mean, you enjoyed this, right? And I liked it, so it makes sense-- nobody's gonna know. You won't blab about it, I'm not gonna either. It's a risk, but it's a worthwhile one, I reckon."

"You aren't smart enough to understand the ramifications this could provide if we were caught," he pressed with growing irritation, though his facial expression remained calm, ".... but yes, I enjoyed it. I thought I would - I'm not going to get soppy, that's fucking stupid." He grumbled, typical for an Orc as he kicked some rubble away from himself.

"If I were to hypothetically come back, would you be here?" He questioned in subtle reluctance to leave. Leaving meant he had to come up with an excuse for not being home if his wife was awake. He didn't smell enough like alcohol to claim that, that was the reason he was gone nor did he have a solid alibi. He could threaten some lower Orcs but his wife was usually smart enough to see past that. "If I Were to - hypothetically - come back, I would want it to be somewhere better than a dirty mattress on the ground. I'd pay extra if you found somewhere better."

"Lotta hypotheticals there, ain't there? Look, pal, just admit you want to come back to see me, yeah? I can't deal with bullshit. Just be honest. I'm honest, there isn't a reason to lie unless it's important. Like, you can admit that you liked this and you want to come back, that's not something you need to be all... subtle about, yeah? But -hypothetically-, if you wanted to see me, I'd be here. I can't conjure up a fucking five star hotel for you. it's this mattress or the back of that old, burnt-out car you found me on. Beggars can't be choosers and all that," he shrugged, silently grimacing once the state of the surroundings was emphasised. Compared to everything else in his life, the shed was a genuine luxury. It was private, peaceful and, perhaps best of all, no rain was able to soak through as it always did at the building he was living at. He had always considered the small shed a small piece of comfort, and to have it criticised was sad. It was understandable when the Orc -presumably- lived in a proper home, but it didn't make it hurt any less.

"I'm proud of this little place, I like it. Sure, it ain't... brilliant, but find me a place that is. I'm a human, there ain't many places I can go without getting beat up, pal. Sorry. I'm not gonna go search out somewhere better and risk getting beat up when this place is... decent enough."

"Lotta hypotheticals there, ain't there? Look, pal, just admit you want to come back to see me, yeah? I can't deal with bullshit. Just be honest. I'm honest, there isn't a reason to lie unless it's important. Like, you can admit that you liked this and you want to come back, that's not something you need to be all... subtle about, yeah? But -hypothetically-, if you wanted to see me, I'd be here. I can't conjure up a fucking five star hotel for you. it's this mattress or the back of that old, burnt-out car you found me on. Beggars can't be choosers and all that," he shrugged, silently grimacing once the state of the surroundings was emphasised. Compared to everything else in his life, the shed was a genuine luxury. It was private, peaceful and, perhaps best of all, no rain was able to soak through as it always did at the building he was living at. He had always considered the small shed a small piece of comfort, and to have it criticised was sad. It was understandable when the Orc -presumably- lived in a proper home, but it didn't make it hurt any less.

"I'm proud of this little place, I like it. Sure, it ain't... brilliant, but find me a place that is. I'm a human, there ain't many places I can go without getting beat up, pal. Sorry. I'm not gonna go search out somewhere better and risk getting beat up when this place is... decent enough."