2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Agender
  6. Primarily Prefer Male
  7. Primarily Nonbinary
  8. No Preferences
Genres
Modern/Supernatural, Fantasy, Modern, Horror, Magical, Mystery, Action Adventure, Scifi, Romance, Angst (but with happy endings)
"Late again, Tony?" Roslyn Baker asks. She crosses her arms in her green knit sweater, tapping a foot impatiently as her curly red hair bobs in a ponytail behind her. "I've had the car running for fifteen minutes now. Although, to be fair, Holly and Oscar should have been here by now too."

Tony chuckles, his dark brown eyes glittering beneath his messy brown hair as he drags a sled full of supplies out to the car parked outside his house. "Hey, come on. Lighten up. They're not even late yet, and besides, this is supposed to be a relaxing vacation up at the cabin you got in a will. Still super awesome that you let us come along, by the way."

Roslyn bites her lower lip, causing her freckles to stand out even more. She hasn't told Tony and the others the whole story of why they're going up the cabin she's recently come into ownership of. Her breath mists away in the crisp winter air as she heaves a sigh, shifting her weight to one hip. "Yeah, well . . . I just hope everybody gets here soon. I want to drive up before it gets dark."

"Roslyn, it's noon," Tony says, laughing and tossing his sled of stuff into the trunk. "We've got plenty of time. And I'm sure Oscar and Holly will be here any minute."

Holly looked at her phone worried about the time "oh... we should hurry" she looked at Oscar shocked that he was playing a game on his phone instead of rushing to reach the others. Holly has always been a girl of standard, she never missed an educational day and was always early for appointments or meetings.

Oscar was busy into his game he didn't notice the time or Holly's anxious expression. He finally glanced from his phone to check his watch. "SHIT!" He looked in Holly's direction pulling a 'my bad' face and helped her with their bags. He ruffled his hair and grinned walking ahead of his friend, he Thought about the cabin and the fun that they might have, he couldn't wait to get to the others and experience it in full.

Holly was intrigued with the secret cabin Roslyn's grandfather had left her, she picked up some extra things she thought they might need and looked quizzically to Oscar. "Don't you think it's odd, no one has ever mentioned this strange cabin and out of nowhere, it suddenly gets handed down from a deceased family member" a puzzled Holly stared at Oscar waiting for a reply.

Oscar blinked back to reality and nodded not really listening. After about 10 minutes he picked up his speed with Holly hurrying behind him. He wasn't sure but the face that Roslyn pulled when she had told them the news hadn't looked happy, "I mean, of course it wouldn't be out of place what with him kicking the bucket n' all" he realized he had just spoken aloud, he stretched his arms and crossed them behind his head and laughed to cover it up "just think of all the game night that could be had there HAHAHA"

At the sudden noise of Oscars laugh Holly snapped out of thought and looked forward. she beamed nudging him "Oscar, it's them" she pointed in their direction and waved. She then side glanced at his watch (after finally being able to catch up with him) and sighed "and we're five minutes early" she smiled and walked up with Oscar to meet them.

"Five minutes early, eh?" Tony asks with a grin. "Not according to Roslyn's inner clock. She said you were late."

Roslyn splutters indignantly. "Well, I didn't mean actually late! I just meant we needed to head out soon before it got dark out, I - "

"We know, we know. I'm just ribbing with ya," Tony says, chuckling. He gives Oscar a high-five and nods to Holly. "Good to have you both with us! You like strawberry licorice, right? I bought a huge bag for the road. It's like, what, a two hour drive?"

"Four," Roslyn corrects with a thin smile. "Don't worry, though. I've planned a few pitstops." She pulls open the car doors before sliding into the driver's seat. "Do we want to stop at a pizza place or a taco place for supper?"

Holly looked at Roslyn with an apologetic smile. “I guess we could have arrive earlier” she bowed her head a little, her blonde hair falling over her shoulders.

“Hold up, it’s my fault we’re late, I was preoccupied with some important stuff I wanted to finish before we got here” he looked at Tony secretly revealing the real reason just by the look on his face, Oscar had been friends with Tony for longer than the girls and thus can sometimes communicate with expressions.

Holly rolled her eyes and forced a smile as Tony changed the subject, she looked puzzled.
“Oh! I’ve never had that before” she said pointing at the bag of liquorice in his hand.

Oscar stepped forward speaking for himself and Holly.
“We’re just glad you chose us to come along” he teases. He looked at Roslyn in response to her last question “your choice let it be our punishment for tardiness haha” he raised his arms behind his head, Holly looked at him and scoffed at his attempt to share the blame.

Holly walked past smiling shyly “I really don’t mind where we go” she stepped into the passenger seat with Oscar behind her and closed the doors. She was thrilled she was doing something with a group instead of studying at home as usual.
Oscar looked out the window and pulled his phone he gestured if they wanted to play one of those standard car games on the way, he smirked calling out “Hey! Tony lets go!”

Tony catches the look on Oscar's face and nods, clicking his tongue as he points finger guns towards his friend. "Find a cool new game? Bruh, don't forget to send me the link. You know how much I like games."

Then he raises an eyebrow at Holly. "What! Never had red licorice?" he asks with a teasing grin. "We'd better change that. Here, you get first dibs," he says, holding the bag out.

Roslyn sighs and shakes her head at Oscar's response, but she's smiling. "Pizza it is," she decides. "I know a great deep dish place just a few minutes from the address. We just have to be cautious on the roads; it snows a lot up there."

Oscar holds up his phone in the car and calls Tony over, and Tony is quick to respond by pulling out his own phone and rushing over. "You challenging me to a game of Double Car Racing? You're on!"

Roslyn glances at Holly and chuckles. "I guess that's our cue. Want to take turns driving every hour? That way we'll be able to stay awake better and rest our muscles."

Tony pulls another bag of licorice from his bag and sets it on the seat between himself and Oscar. "Whoever drives, I'm just pumped to go sledding! It's going to be a blast!"

Oscar looked at Tony and an ecstatic grin came over his face “the best phone game yet!” His eyes grew wild. “You basically hunt a group of people and try to be the last one standing! IT’S FUCKING AWESOME!”

Holly looked behind at them and couldn’t help but smile, she glanced at the liquorice in her hand and pondered the taste, she took a small bite and savoured the flavour. She’d never tasted anything with such a sweet taste, it was amazing, a dazed expression came over her.

Oscar glanced up from his newly found app -which he had now downloaded to Tony’s own phone as well- and laughed at Holly’s dreamy expression unfortunately bringing her back to reality, “what’s up Hol you never had a sweet or what?” He chuckled noticing how red she had become, clearly embarrassed and looked down easing back into his game. Oscar side glanced at his friend and brought up his racing game with a smirk “that depends are you prepared to go against the best!” He laughed, his eyes burning with determination, but don’t get into a strop when I beat you again haha”

Holly looked at Roslyn and smiled still red “uh.. oh yes that sounds perfect, how far is this pizza place?” She looked out the window already noticing the change in weather. “I just hope it doesn’t freeze over before we arrive” clearly worried but laughed lightheartedly as not to dampen the mood.

"It's going to be snowy by the time we get there. That's for sure," Roslyn says, clicking her tongue. "The cabin's up in the mountains, after all."

Tony scoffs at Oscar's challenge and sinks back into his seat, thumbs already on the phone's controls. "You think you can beat me? You're out of your league, kid!" he quips. Then he glances over and notices the look on Holly's face. He smiles and nods. "Told you you'd like it! Good thing I brought an extra bag."

Most of the car ride goes smoothly. The group stops ocassionally for gas or food, and all the while, the temperature around them drops. By the time they're fifteen minutes away from the cabin, the grounds around them are covered in snow, and more snow flurries around the car as it's tossed around by the wind.

Tony shivers and cranks up the heat in the back seat. "Yikes. It's colder than I thought," he murmurs. "Everyone brought extra jackets and stuff, right?"

"Of course," Roslyn says, rolling her eyes. "I'd never come unprepared." As a small cabin looms on the hill in the distance, the group's van splutters and hiccups a few times. Then the lights flicker off as the battery dies. Roslyn groans and hits her head against the wheel. ". . . Nobody say a word."

When they were fifteen minutes from their destination Holly glanced out the window and noticed a thick fog in the distance. “One thing has been bugging me about this whole idea, why would your grandfather have a cabin all the way out here? There are so many safer areas” she asks Roslyn with a questionable face.

Oscar looked up “maybe he likes to live life on the edge, you know an extremist!” He explained answering for her he gave The redhead a cocky grin, “besides what’s life without a little excitement” he said shuddering. he looked at Tony “sheesh I thought tough guys were immune to the cold haha” but then shivered again.

Holly wrapped a scarf around herself and pulled out three others for her friends.
“here you are, just for the rest of the journey I’m not sure the heater will last much longer” she picked out a book from a bag she had on her knee and flicked through it.

Oscar put his phone away and concentrated on the road, well as much of it as they could see.
“So er... Roslyn how far is thi-“ he stopped and his heart sank as he heard the van issue it’s last noisy breath.
Holly and Oscar stayed quiet at Roslyn’s request.

Holly looked at the others and back through the window, after around five minutes of silence and Roslyn’s head slowly banging the wheel a few times, she spoke.
“Ok, so we have now power, I’m guessing our phones don’t work out here, but even if they did, I doubt there’s anyone who can help us”.

Oscar read Holly’s mind and unbuckled his belt “well... shit! It looks like we only got one option then”
Holly nodded showing them the book she had “well from what I can gather we are in this area here” she said moving her finger around a self-drawn map “and we want to get here” she looked discouragingly to the others “the fact is we are going to have to move the rest of the way on foot, however the problem is” she looked at Roslyn who had stopped hitting the steering wheel “what do we do with the van”

The others fell silent....

"Look. I have no idea why my grandpa put a cabin out in the middle of nowhere. I have no idea why the car battery died," Roslyn says, her breath misting away into the cold air. "But here's the situation we're in: the cabin's a whole five minutes away. I can see the top of it on the hill. But I don't know if it's got power or heat, so let's bring the most important stuff up first and come back for the rest."

"So . . . first-aid kit, warm stuff, food and drinks?" Tony guesses.

"Right. And I'm assuming you all packed cold weather gear for our week long stay. You did all bring extra layers of clothes, right?" Roslyn asks.

Tony rolls his eyes. "Duh. No need to get so snarky, Rose, we came up here to have a fun week in the snow anyway."

Roselyn shivers and glances toward the window, where snow is falling in flurries across the vague outline of the road. "Not at night. Did you all bring flashlights? It's going to be hard to see under all that snow. We don't need anyone getting a twisted ankle," she adds, pulling out a flashlight from under the seat and flicking it on.

"Dude. Rose. Take a chill pill," Tony says, laughing and turning on a head lamp as he starts gathering supplies. "We're going to be fine. We'll walk into that cabin, and it'll be nice and warm with a working phone. Maybe. Anyway, we can pull a bunch of supplies on my sled!" he adds gleefully, dropping his armful onto the tough plastic.

Roslyn sighs deeply. "All right, all right. I'm sorry. I'm just stressed. I've never been to this cabin before and I just want things to go . . . smoothly."

And to figure out why a grandpa I didn't even know I had left me a cabin way out in the middle of nowhere, she adds to herself.

Holly turned away suddenly at Roslyn's response, she looked outside and picked up the bag she has with an apologetic look across her face "you're right, I'm sorry I should never have...." she unlocked her door and placed her feet gently on the icy terrain.

Oscar looked at the two girls decided to try to break the tension. "ok so what are we waiting for?" he unlocked his door and opened it also stepping out on to the mountainous landscape and breathed in the cold icy air.

It was sad to Holly, they were meant to be staying at a cabin as a group of friends bound to have a fantastic experience but one little problem seemed to already begin tearing each other apart. She had never liked arguments or confrontation especially on the negative side.

Oscar walked around to the back of the van and opened the rear doors and peered inside "ok... " he said to himself "let's what we have here, Holly came round to join him. She looked through the window and noticed Roslyn and Tony seemed to be calming down a little. Oscar tapped on their window and wrote on the steamed up glass "anytime now guys" he grinned, adding a winky face. They kicked the snow off their winter footwear and reached into the back of the van searching for supplies.

Holly rummaged among the collection of luggage everyone had brought along and pulled out a small suitcase with essential tools and materials for any problems that may be faced. She lifted out two bags -one with sachets of coffee, tea and hot chocolate and the other full of books-. She then put them inside her bag and hurled it over her shoulder. She proceeded to grab a bag of medical supplies both she and Roslyn had packed and finally picked up one of Roslyn's torches. She clicked its light on ans waited for her friends.

Oscar followed suit peering inside the van, He checked all their luggage and picked out two suitcases -one with a huge selection of foods that Tony had packed for their trip and the other held a wide amount of video games, films and his handheld games console- he, like Holly grabbed a couple of bags of essentials and lastly he pulled out a backpack of winter coats, scarves and other clothes. He then slumped carefully through the snow and stood behind his friend awaiting their other companions.

The group carefully walks up the the hill, Roslyn in the lead with Tony following close behind. "So! Five minute walk, huh?" Tony calls over the wind, shielding his eyes with a glove.

Roslyn risks a small smile and nods. "Won't be that bad. You're right, Tony, I'm sure we'll get to the cabin and it'll be just fine."

"Yeah! And as soon as we head in, we can - " Tony starts. He freezes and whips his flashlight around as a nearby tree suddenly rustles. He squints and sets his jaw. ". . . what was that?"

Roslyn shrugs and keeps walking. "Probably the wind. It is pretty stormy out here," she admits.

The top of the cabin slowly comes into view. Most of the roof tiles are cracked or faded, and one corner is completely torn off. Roslyn swallows and adjusts her coat collar. "I sure hope we have some kind of heat in there . . ."

Finally, Roslyn makes it to the wooden door and kicks it open with her boot. A cloud of dust rises from the rug in the entryway. One corner of the log cabin has some water dripping in from the roof, but most of it is in fair condition. There's a living room with a large fireplace, a connected kitchen, a loft, a bathroom, and two bedrooms.

Roslyn relaxes and sets her armful of supplies down. "All right, not too bad." She pulls off her scarf, turning towards the group to help them unload. "Sorry if I was . . . snappy. My temper tends to rise when I'm stressed."

Holly walks with difficulty through the blustering winds fighting them and watches the group carefully, *this doesn’t feel right* she thought. She hugged herself and tried to look ahead, also catching a glimpse of the top of the cabin.

Oscar keeps his head down in an effort to keep the snow from his eyes, upon seeing the brightness of Tony’s torch shift suddenly he chanced a glance at what it was he had seen, but kept quiet he was starting to worry.

Holly and Oscar finally joined their friends at the entrance to the cabin and were a little disappoint at the slight dilapidation it had found itself, they walked through with the others and breathed a sigh of relief, putting their luggage down. After hearing what Roslyn had to say, they split up to explore.

Oscar looked around downstairs and instinctively searched the fridge only to find cans of spoiled goods, disappointed he closed the door and noticed something. He looked closer and inscribed into the metal door of the fridge was some initials. He looked at it raising one eyebrow and gestured to Roslyn “hey! Ros, you seen this?”

Holly removed her boots and walked carefully walked up the creaky staircase, it too looked as though it could fall through at any moment. She looked at the bare wall as she passed *hmm I wonder if he used to live here* she thought. She walked across to one of the bedrooms and felt a chill, she shuddered by its sudden cold air and noticed the reason why, she slowly paced towards the window trying to close it but it was frozen to the top “great so this room is out of order until that gets fi-“ she stopped herself and glanced around “wait...why just this one” she breathed looking at the other three in the room.

Roslyn glances up when Oscar calls her name, and she hurries over, peering into the fridge with a gasp. "T. B. Thomas Baker. That was the name of my great grandfather." She pulls the fridge door open wider and grimaces. "Yeesh. I guess when you're dead, no one else bothers to clean out your fridge," she mutters.

She turns her attention to the nearby shelves and china cabinet, raising an eyebrow when she notices several of the plates have fallen out and been smashed. There are scratch marks around different parts of the cabinet. "Weird," she mumbles. "I wonder if he had a cat? Or maybe one wandered in at some point. See these scratch marks and broken china?"

Tony, too, has wandered downstairs, and he heads for a corner of the room where there are footprints in a pile of dust. He kicks the dust away with his foot and accidentally pulls the rug up as well. Then he gasps. "Whoa! You guys! I found a trap door. And there's blood on it!"

Upstairs, meanwhile, Holly's only reply is the sharp wind that whistles through the window. Then there's a low creaking sound. Something heavy is climbing the side of the house. A patch of fur with spikes protruding through passes by. Then it disappears and everything is silent again.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Life&DeathX3
Oscar listened to Roslyn, noting everything she explained in his mind and memorising the details of her apparent grandfather. He shot her a strange look and they exchanged glances “why would he scratch his initials on the inside of a fridge door. He looked around and chanced a guess “hey maybe he’s a secret agent or something and he was forced to abandon all his research and this is a clue as to how to reach him” he grinned awkwardly trying again to ease the tension for her but stopped noting the sour expression on Roslyn’s face.

Holly crossed her arms and looked around the window thinking of a way to board the open air up when a strange noise stopped her. She stood there listening but as soon it was heard it was silent again, “probably the snow hitting the metal outside” she said to herself. She was about to turn around and inform the rest of the group, when she saw a strange outline brush past the open window, she gasped in shock clasping her hands to her mouth, watching in disbelief as it vanished through the atmosphere.

Oscar turned his attention to Tony as he showed them the secret door in the floor he had found, he leant down and wiped his finger across the front feeling the now dried liquid “it’s dry whatever happened must have happened a while ago.. it’s not even sticky. His thoughts were racing around his head “what if he did have a pet but it was a wild animal and somehow he tamed it for some time but it had its natural hunting mindset”.

Holly crept down the unbalanced stairwell and joined the others, she looked a little uneasy, folding her arms. She walked over to where her friends were huddled and checked out the new entrance Tony had stumbled upon. She gasped the same gasp as earlier as she noticed the blood splatter and her face suddenly turned pale. “....What... happened?...” she asked in quiet voice.

At Oscar's description of a pet wild animal, Roslyn snaps her fingers and nods, a smile slowly returning to her face. "Yes! Yes, that would make perfect sense. We're in the mountains. Suppose he tried to raise a wildcat or something and it got too big and . . . ate him?"

"Wow, Roslyn. Your own great grandfather eaten by a cat. I'm sorry," Tony mumbles.

"Don't be. I never knew him," Roslyn admits. She examines the blood a little longer before glancing up at Holly's approach, and she waves her off at the question. "It's just dried blood, Holly. No one in our group got hurt."

Tony chuckles. "Yet." He blinks and does a double take at Holly's expression. "Hey, you all right? You look like you've seen a ghost. Are you cold?"

Roslyn clicks her tongue and gets to her feet. "That's a good point. We'd better get the open window boarded up and make sure this place is warm for the weekend," she adds, wandering towards the stairs. She pauses and glances over her shoulder. "Anyone want to come help?"

" . . . I kind of wanted to see what was downstairs," Tony says, twiddling his fingers. "But I'll help cook dinner! Deal?"

"As long as it's actual food and not chips and soda," Roslyn jokes.

"Hey, that is real food!" Tony quips back. "But don't worry. I was thinking of making my famous mac n' cheese and hot dogs."

"Deal," Roslyn says, grabbing a hammer and box of nails from the shelf. "Holly? Oscar?"

Oscar grinned at himself after actually giving a decent suggestion to Roslyn's grandfather's disappearance.
He stared at the other three and held up the bag of liquorice giving a cheeky grin "well at least we have dessert sorted" he laughed, picking out one of the red vines and taking a bite.

Holly continued to gaze into the dried blood, her skin faded to an almost white complexion, she shivered feeling her knees become weak and shaky, both Tony and Roslyn's voices were wasted on her.

Oscar looked to Roslyn and offered to help board the windows
"sure I'll lend a hand" he grinned leaving the room in search of some loose strong wood of any kind.

Holly stumbled a little, desperate to be of some use. She walked unsteadily out of the room unable to think straight
'I need to lie down' she thought holding her head. She reached a five seater sofa and collapsed head first in to the leather partially falling unconscious.

It's only when Oscar and Roslyn leave the room that Tony notices Holly drifting aimlessly towards the couch. Then she collapses, and he races over with wide eyes. "Holly! Holly, you okay?" he bursts out.

He glances around for something warm and spots a knitted quilt on the top of the sofa. He grabs it and drapes it awkwardly over Holly, trying to not to get too close for comfort. "Dude, what happened? What's wrong?"

Upstairs, Roslyn nods to an old dresser in the corner. "I guess we can take that apart," she decides. She pulls out the drawers. Then she leans closer and tilts an eyebrow. "Huh. Oscar, look at this." She grabs a piece of paper, which is lined with several notes about payments and deliveries. "It's some kind of receipt for . . . for raw meat. A lot of it. What on earth would anyone use this much meat for?"

((I love this RP so much! Feel free to add rooms/details to the house whenever you want, it's really fun! I really liked Oscar finding that secret carving, gave me all sorts of ideas ^^))

Oscar walked casually over to Roslyn and glanced at the paper-like receipts,
“Awesome, nice one Ros!” He said knowing exactly what the purpose of stocking up on so much raw meat would have been “he probably tried to befriend the wild animal by feeding it raw meat but then decided to try to give something similar to pet food, or even human food but it got a taste for raw stuff and of course judging by the blood downstairs it saw your grandfather as the next meal” he explained matter of factly. He peered closely at the piece of paper and noticed something odd. “I’ve never seen that symbol before though” he mentioned pointing to a small stamp-like logo at the bottom right corner of the receipt.

Holly lay on the sofa slowly regaining warmth from the quilt that now covered her failing body, she couldn’t understand why she felt like this, the feeling was almost as if she was disconnected to herself, everything was clouded, her judgement, movement even her senses. For Holly everything was such a strange sense of confusion. ‘Why am I feeling this way, like I’m just not in this world’ she thought. After what seemed like an eternity her eyelashes flutter and her deep brown eyes slowly come into focus.

Oscar strode across to the other end of the room and examined some of the wooden furniture, “shit...” a sour expression stretched across his face “good luck trying to extract some good stuff from this crap” he spat holding up pieces of rotting timber to prove his point. Irritated he allowed a burst of anger and threw the heavy earthly material at a nearby window, shattering at the force. He flinched at his sudden outburst and turned to his friend with a guilty look on his face.

Holly finally came back around noticing everything clearly, she forced her energy to move, she tilted her head upwards and stared into Tony’s eyes, who was at this point lingering over her. She blushed a little too noticeably feeling ashamed, how could she embarrass herself like that, why couldn’t she be stronger, a frown felt its way to her lips and a sudden realisation hit her. ‘THE CREATURE!’ she thought remembering why she had been in such a state a little while ago.
“Where.. are.. they?” She shot up feeling her life force returning.

——————————————————————————————-***-————————————————————————————————
(((Glad your enjoying it too and thanks it sounded like a good focal point so just went with it. I’m loving this... maybe a little to much LMAO I’m always checking to see if you’ve replied haha I hope you do too lol. Just a side note I’m thinking what had happened to Holly could be like a side effect of the mutated creature kind of like a defensive passive power to any that see or feel its presence. So feel free to use this if Tony or Roslyn come across it too also same to you it’s soo fun to see what you would write next ;D)))

((Ohh that's a cool idea! Maybe she could get like unusual shivers whenever it's close by, and her eyes could change to like an icy frost color or something :D ))

~~~

Roslyn, too, looks carefully over the symbol. She squints for a minute before shaking her head. "I've never seen this symbol before, either. But maybe . . ." She pauses and pulls her phone out of her pocket. After tapping the home button to turn it on, she clicks her tongue. "Never mind. No signal. I could've searched the image on the internet otherwise."

She sighs and gets to her feet, wandering over towards a bookshelf in one corner of the room. "Maybe one of these other books has the same symbol in it. We might learn more that way."

Unknown to Roslyn, one of the books bound in leather is an old worn journal. It has the same symbol stamped on several pages. One page has notes about a morgue, one mentions a butcher shop, and one other page mentions a grocery store.

~~~

Tony leaps backward at Holly's outburst, falling onto the floor with a crash. "Whoa! Okay, take it easy, dude!" He climbs back onto the edge of the couch, pulling in a shaky breath. "Let's start at the top. What creature? What did you see up there?"

~~~

Roslyn flinches as Oscar's violent act shatters a window. Then she groans and rubs her temples. "Great. Now we have two windows to board up." She sighs heavily and puts the book back she'd been flipping through. "I'll go find some usable wood. You stay here and look for a book that has the symbols. And . . . try not to break anything else," she mutters, disappearing down the stairs.

Oscar sighed guiltily and slumped across to the bookcase running his finger against the book binders reading each name he saw, he picked out several and used the rotting dresser drawer to carry them carefully downstairs. He reached the ground, and turned in the direction of the living room. He entered the room and flicked on the light, to his relief it turned on, if a little dimmer than he expected. He took a seat and casually dove into the chosen books.

Upon hearing the glass shatter, Holly looked past his worried expression ignoring Tony completely. She jumped to her feet and ran towards the stairs, shoving him out the way, she took them two steps at a time. Panic stricken she ran past Roslyn nearly knocking her over (very unlike herself). She suddenly stopped as though pulled back by some sort of gravitational force. She was standing right in front of the room that the very creature had passed her, with just an open window between them.

Oscar continued to flick through the pages ignorant to his surroundings searching for an answer to what they had just found, he shut the book with a tight smack and threw it to the ground in irritation. Proceeding to pick up another book, he read the front and put it down, he read the cover of another and the word *Project X: NOTES* caught his eye, he looked up pleased he might have made some headway, he noticed Tony standing there dumbstruck “hey, Tony look what I’ve found showing him what he’d found” he paused and noticed his still confused expression. “Bud, hey Tony???” He looked to the sofa and saw the quilt which now looked like it had just been thrown on. But then just as suddenly Tony ran out of the room.

Holly didn’t move an inch, it was that strange feeling again but this time it didn’t coarse through her entire body it just shot pain to the back of her neck. The strangest part was there was absolutely no sign of the creature. She touched the skin her neck and her fingers felt what seemed to be a small engraving she pulled back in shock. Holly kept one hand on her neck and slowly walked inside desperate to uncover the secret she was apparently keeping from her friends. She looked at the window she had been near but then noticed the window opposite had been shattered, she gasped ‘well at least I didn’t imagine what I heard’ she thought and looked back at the previous one thoughts filling her head.

—————————————————————————————-***-—————————————————————————————————
(((Let me know if this is too far lol but I’m thinking the engraving on her neck could be a way of tracking as well as a way of defence that could be how it keeps finding them but it is unbeknownst to them because it doesn’t light up, instead it kind of acts like Harry’s scar from Harry Potter, also I love the eyes idea can’t wait to implement that but should it be a colour to match the monster or stick with ice blue for the setting.)))