So...DCEU Isn't Doing That Great. Let's Fix That!

@Cush Almighty, I personally wouldn't do it if given the power, but I'm not gonna lie - I kind of want to see that now. It sounds like fun.

I recently stumbled across this video about the missteps of the DCEU. I wasn't as disappointed in the films as the video's narrator was, but he and I agree where the problems started for this cinematic universe—that being the influence of Nolan's Batman series.

Reactions: Quiet One
I understand if you're not excited, but I am. Aquaman and Hawkman are my favorite DC superheroes.

All I need them to announce a Deathstroke Movie, a Nightwing Movie, and a Batman and Robin movie. I'll prefer Damian's Robin or for it to be set in the past where it Dick Grayson's Robin. Both robin's personalities are completely different.

Black Manta looks strange, his design is sleeker in the comics. At least he looks like a threat to Aquaman in that suit.

@Bone2pick I've seen the trailers and...looks better than Batman v. Superman and Justice League, but...otherwise not that impressive. Aquaman's half normal person/half something else, he's pulled into a conflict he probably claims is none of his business at the start, and he's a badass with a dumb sense of humor. Doesn't that sound familiar? For DC saying they aren't like Marvel, this sounds an awful lot like Peter Quill.

Not that this is totally bad - I loved the GotG movies. But it feels like they're following trends here. For that matter, I thought Aquaman was pure Atlantean, so them revealing he's half human keeps confusing me. Is that in the comics? If it is, why haven't I heard about it? If it's not, why add that in? They didn't make Wonder Woman half human. Plus the "what's better than a king? A hero." line at the end of the trailer just gives me a serious case of the cringe.

Visuals look nice, and it looks like it'd be more fun at a DC movie than anyone's had in a long time, but...I'm not sold on the costumes. Manta's armor looks like it's made of plastic, and those orange scales - while consistent with the costume - are a little too bright and CG-ish.

Oh, and this isn't related but did anyone else have a problem with Starfire's appearance for the Titans movie? I'm not upset that it's a black actress, but I am upset that they didn't cover her in the makeup to make her look Tameranian. Starfire isn't white or black; she's orange. You can have a black actress, but you gotta make the character look like the character. They did this with Gamora. She's a black actress, but they put her in green makeup to look like the character. Do the same with Starfire and I'm good, that's all I'm saying. Wasn't a fan of the hair, either, but looking at some screen grabs of original comics and the wavy hair is something Starfire had for a while, so while I'm not a huge fan I can forgive it. But why is she black? (again not the actress, the character)

Reactions: Cush Almighty
@Quiet One I stop caring about the Starfire casting, can't do much about it now. It is pretty lazy that they didn't make her orange. Not upset they picked a black actress to play her, more with who they picked. Also have you seen her starbolts? They aren't green or pink like in the comics. As far as I know, they were never depicted as fire. I'm just waiting to see how the actress plays Starfire, and I'll make my final decision on the character then. I hope they can include Cyborg, Donna Troy and Kid Flash to the series one day too.

For that matter, I thought Aquaman was pure Atlantean, so them revealing he's half human keeps confusing me. Is that in the comics?
It is.

If it is, why haven't I heard about it?
You've already admitted you don't know much about the character.
True, but I've grown up watching the animated Justice League and even when they brought in their version of Aquaman it never came up. I'm just wondering why it wasn't addressed in the cartoon.

@Cush Almighty that's what I was saying too. Though, what's wrong with the actress they got to play her? I don't think I've ever seen her before. Also, honestly, the trailers so far make me think of a Syfy movie so far. The trailer effects looked kind of hokey.