OPEN SIGNUPS Star Wars: Return of the Exiled

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Akashi

~Shall we?~
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
I can be either passive or aggressive. If the situation allows me to be either, I'll jump in. Though, I would prefer aggressive over passive. Why? Just to make things intense and more interesting.
Favorite Genres
Sci-Fi, Anime, Magical, Action, Etc
Genre You DON'T Like
Not fan of yaoi.
NEEVA RAGEL
This was likely one of the longest contracts the Bounty Hunter had accepted. After bringing the exiled and his grandson back to the Order, she too, like others, stayed put in order to oversee their growth and training. But for how long? She had no idea persay, however, it was a nice change of scenery.

For the time being, Neeva was donned in her mandalorian armor, like always. The hospitality the Jedi Order had given her was surprising. The work she did for them wasn't free, it was all business. While Kel Dor, a Jedi Master had taken it upon himself to train the group that were standing before him, she simply had her arms folded before her chest, standing in a corner, watching.

She noticed Morathi, and the others. One particular Zabrak was enthusiastic, or eager to spar with the Jedi Master. It was the same Zabrak who had a rather angry attitude a week before. It wasn't surprising, because like some others, he wasn't here willingly. Neeva was also tasked with making sure none of the rookies would get out of line. If anyone would attempt an escape, she would be one of those who'd bring them back, even by force.

Kel Dor and the Jedi Order had big plans for them, but much of it was unknown to Neeva as well. The red head Bounty Hunter never did trust the Order, but with time, she would get to the bottom of it, by her sheer curiosity.

Boba Fit

The Sarlacc is my swolemate.
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day
My Usual Online Time
No specific timeframe, but online quite a bit.
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Primarily Prefer Male
I am fine doing either. It just honestly depends on the RP and the situation.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Romance, Action & Adventure, Erotica
Genre You DON'T Like
Horror. Anything with a lot of death or dark in general.
Aliscia Firelut

Aliscia had found her way to the initates training room. Only slightly annoying, and subsequently being annoyed by, the Temple guards. She really did not care though. She was not wearing her Jedi robes. She stuffed them in the deepest and darkest place she could find, within the confines of her room. She had a strong dislike for the Jedi robes. Aliscia much preferred the clothing she came with, which wasn't much. Her twin saber hilts hanging off the waist of her pants, she walked over to the female looking bounty hunter in the corner.

Well, she thought it was a female. Even in armor, wider hips and a flared chest tended to be the giveaway. As Aliscia approached the woman in full armor in the corner, she finally spoke. "Which one did you wrangle up and drag in here?" Flicking a thumb over her shoulder toward the fresh meat.

As for why Aliscia was in the training room watching these initiates? Well once her re-indoctrination, as she liked to call it, was finished, she might be given the chance to select a Padawan. She was doing her due diligence to check up on all the possible candidates to see if anyone stood out to her. Plus, she also, kind of, wanted to see Master Karan beat up on the fresh meat.​

AceSorcerer

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
I'm rather aggressive, though I tend to work well with other aggressives and passives alike.
Favorite Genres
Most genres appeal to me and there are very few genres I won't try at least once.
Collab With Nikku The old Kel Dor chuckled, waving his hand as he used the Force to call a training saber from a nearby table into his hand before stepping into the battle circle. He motioned for the initiate to stand at the opposite end of the circle from him, speaking with an inquisitive tone.

“Not at all… Sever, correct? I suppose this will do you all well for the first lesson.”

The Jedi Master then activated the saber, a weak, light-blue blade emerging from the emitter as he raised it for all the initiates to see, speaking up.

“This, initiates, is a training saber. It is identical to a normal lightsaber, except for the fact that it has some limiters placed on it and that the kyber crystal that powers it is merely a shard. These training sabers will primarily cause stings and some first-degree burns, and will not cause any permanent damage. After a week or two, you will each be given one to use for training purposes. That and, as to be expected, each bout is ended on first contact. This is because were this lightsaber fully powered it would cause a great amount of damage.”

Raising his sleeve up to reveal a small wrist-mounted controller, the Jedi pressed a few buttons, to which the two sparring droids activated and stood up, moving to stand together at the side of the battle circle opposite of the viewers, the Kel Dor taking a relaxed position with his training in the center before speaking up.

“Whenever you are ready, initiate.”

The Zabrak waited for just a moment as he realized the old Jedi had no intention to give him a training saber. He looked around the room at the various familiar bounty hunters, particularly his personal captor before stepping into the battle circle himself. Pondering once more, he wondered what role the sparring droids would do in all of this. It wasn’t clear whether they’d be allied or against either party. The initiate kept that thought in the back of his mind as he readied himself.

Sever did a few quick stretches before he retrieved both of his vibro knives, doing a quick twirl motion with them both around his fingers; making a quick check to be sure they too were on a rather low setting as well. With that he took a slightly knee bent readied stance. “Let’s get this show started old man.” With an anxious smile the initiate wasted no time as he rushed straight towards the old Jedi; keeping tabs on the two droids. With his lack of reached compared to a proper saber, Sever planned on getting in close for a feinting slash to the face with his right knife before actually pulling it back and going low with his left for the hip area.

Narrowing his eyes, the Jedi Master could read the initiate’s attack decently well- it was to be expected from a Jedi of his experience, however. But, regardless, the old Kel Dor was impressed that the Iridonian attempted to open with a feint. To counter, the Jedi took a sweeping step to the left, allowing for his assailant’s low aim to carry him forward in order to give him a wide target. His counterattack was equally simple- a straight downwards cut to test and see if the initiate could pull himself out of this situation.

Sever watched as his feint was read and dodged with ease it seemed; admittedly he didn’t expect his first strike to work. All he had to do was knick the old man with an attack; there were rules here unlike out in the real world and Sever planned to see how well he would fare against these warriors of the Force. With a sharp twisting of his body the Zabrak parried the downwards counter slash with his left blade. He wouldn’t break the parry however as he slid his left down the length of the training saber as he closed the distance even more. With his right knife quickly flipping to a reverse grip he aimed a stab straight towards the old Kel Dor’s thigh.

Ori Karan quickly released his lower hand from his hilt, grabbing the right wrist of the Iridonian before using his connection to the vibroknife as a lever, tilting his blade along it so that it hit the initiate’s shoulder before deactivating it and taking a calm stance once more, his free hand releasing the Iridonian’s wrist before clasping his chin and speaking up.

“Interesting… Jar’kai will be a strong option for you, perhaps Ataru in particular. Your heritage shows in your attempt at subterfuge, but this is your mistake- your main strike was pointed near the blade’s guard position, meaning all it takes is a flick of the wrist to deflect your blade. Does this make sense?”

All the while, Morathi stood and watched the fight, more than impressed by the performances by both individuals. Sever certainly seemed to have a good idea of what he was doing and could track a fight, but the Jedi Master was extremely skilled. Needless to say, the human initiates was certainly hoping he wouldn't have to fight the Jedi Master anytime soon, even if it was just with the training saber that he currently wielded.

BlueFlameNikku

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Male, Female
Both
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Horror, Combat, War
The Zabrak felt his body tense right before the move caused the weapon to impact his shoulder. The quick burn made his body jolt before his wrist was released, staying on one knee while comforting his shoulder with one hand. “Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Lucky me, the usual punks never got around to figuring that out.” He didn’t understand what the options the old Kel Dor was saying were but figured they’d be explained at some point. He stood up and brushed himself off as he did his best to shrug off the annoying burning sensation; trying to save face after getting himself laid out for everyone to see. Least he was confident that none of the other initiates would have the nerve to step into the ring with the old man.

Taking the opportunity to rejoin the rest of the initiates after sheathing his knives, Sever took a spot next to Morathi before he looked around an realized literally everyone he'd basically somewhat socialized with on the train just watched him get beat; the bounty hunters and even the one female Jedi who'd helped him. He mentally sighed and scratched his head in frustration; speaking in a hushed tone. "Guess Jedi aren't all talk after all."

Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Shake a tin of dice and tell me what numbers they give you.
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male
I bounce between the two depending on the roleplay.
Favorite Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, an assortment of Fandoms.
Genre You DON'T Like
Anime, Furry, Drama, Modern Fantasy
The Force pervaded the Jedi temple so thoroughly that it, and the sheer number of Jedi present, made Rhett sick. He harbored no ill intent toward these particular Jedi, but the Jedi as a whole were another story. Consistently putting the galaxy under their boot like overlords with a god’s patronage.

Still, it did fill him with a peculiar kind of joy when the zabrak initiate got what he deserved. Prideful little brat.

“Ooh." Rhett cackled, clapping softly. "Go again, the both of ya! I'd give somethin' to see another spar like that." While sarcasm was a staple of Rhett's personality, he was partially genuine when he made the request. The temple and the jedi were tremendously boring, so the least they could do to assuage that boredom was give him a good show-- while fine-tuning their own skills in battle. Not that a battle was on the horizon, but it did well to always be prepared.

Akashi

~Shall we?~
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Male
I can be either passive or aggressive. If the situation allows me to be either, I'll jump in. Though, I would prefer aggressive over passive. Why? Just to make things intense and more interesting.
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Not fan of yaoi.
NEEVA RAGEL
The female bounty hunter merely watched as the Zabrak was the one who challenged the Kel Dor to a fight, whereas the latter accepted. Her eyes from beneath her mandalorian helmet squinted at the thought of it. If anything, she was either impressed by the initiate, or he was about to get humiliated. However, it did not take long before someone caught her attention.

Aliscia Firelut, another exile who wasn't merely an initiate. "Hm?" Curious, she looked over her shoulder and gazed at the initiates lined up, before returning to the woman before her.

"Morathi Arvad, but he was one of the few who came in willingly with his grandfather."

Giving the woman a thorough look, she returned to the session between the Jedi Master and the Zabrak, and the latter was clearly in over his head. The result was expected, but the initiate did have the guts, but not that it was actually required of them to challenge Kel Dor.

"So what are you here for, if not to line up with them initiates?" Curious, she was wondering what purpose she had for the Order, other than just bring in exiles from across the galaxy.

Boba Fit

Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Primarily Prefer Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Aliscia Firelut

She listened to the bounty hunter woman talk and watched the fight. If it could be called a fight. It was more of a 1 sided humiliation, but Aliscia didn't jest or jeer. She remembered those days. The poor guy never had a chance. When the bounty hunter answered her question, she looked across the line of initiates and found the one being referenced.

Then the bounty hunter woman asked her a question. "I'm here judging the talent. In the off chance the council give me a padawan at some point, I want to have done my due diligence. It is something about the older ones...they are more stubborn. They don't turn into the typical Jedi drones. They can think for themselves. I like that. I want to see them now...before they train. So I can gauge them throughout and look at their improvements. So what is your name? If you wish to tell me."

AceSorcerer

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
I'm rather aggressive, though I tend to work well with other aggressives and passives alike.
Favorite Genres
Most genres appeal to me and there are very few genres I won't try at least once.
Morathi Arvad The remaining initiates were paired up using their personal weapons to gain comparative measures of their abilities. Morathi himself was quite content with his vibrosword as he went about his duel with his opponent, a rather tall Arkanian male wielding a quarterstaff. His opponent was rather aggresive, forcing the Mandaloiran to keep dodging using Echani footwork until he got an opening, using a heavy series of Mandalorian-styled attacks to eventually force his opponent into submission after using his blade's pommel to make his opponent disarm. Throughout it all, the initiate had been unable to keep a flowing strategy, instead having to improvise with his attacks and defense the entire time.

The Kel Dor approached them as they finished, scratching at the bottom of his mask before speaking up, his sleeves entering into his robes as he took on that famous, sage-like stance the Jedi Masters were known for. "You have done well, you too. For you, Morathi... I suggest Form Six, Niman. For you, K'natu, Form Five, Djem So specifially." Once he was done speaking to them and the initiates had rejoined their fellows, he snapped as the two sparring droids activated and clambered to their original positions in the battle circle before addressing the entire group.

"I should like you all to remember what I have told you- we shall discuss what those phrases when we reconvene shortly. For now, all of you should take a quick break amongst yourselves and discuss what you're anticipating. As soon as we resume, I shall began passing out training sabers for use during the remainder of today's lesson and we shall beginning learning the utmost basic form of lightsaber combat, known as Shii-Cho. For now, however, enjoy a bried respite while I attend to council matters. Please ensure you have returned to their facility by approximately twenty minutes from now."

With that said, the Kel Dor immediately found himself approach by one of the more senior Jedi Knight who was watching the whole thing as the initiates had some time to kill.

BlueFlameNikku

Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day
Writing Levels
Male, Female
Both
Favorite Genres
Sever Hakras
After Sever gave Rhett a much deserved dirty look he returned his focus to watching the other initiates have at one another with the old Jedi giving his pointers here and there. In truth the young Zabrak was anxious, a clear tell as he'd been tapping his heel against the floor repeatedly. He hated standing around and doing nothing more than most things as he tried to draw parallels between how people we sparring and what forms the Kel Dor was recommending to them. Djem So seems to be recommended to rather large and physically strong people while Niman seemed to be suggested to the more well rounded like Morathi. But the one he cared about learning was Ataru and that seemed to be paired with the most aggressively fighting initiates. Though he didn't seem to notice anyone else told that Jar'kai would be of use to them so he didn't have much to go on. That is until he realized out of those he watched he had been the only one who sparred with two weapons. It was an assumption of course it was something.

It wasn't long after they were given their short recess that Sever spied that one Jedi woman again; the one with hair as white as snow. He took notice of the two saber hilts in her possession. Without wasting another moment the Zabrak abruptly made his way over to the woman and stopped just in front of her, almost hovering due to the height difference of the two. He didn't care that she knew his name yet he didn't know hers for he planned to get straight to the point. With a steely gaze he asked her bluntly..."What is Jar'kai?" Not caring much in regards to the current conversation he cared more about being a step above the rest. If he was gonna be stuck here he might as well make use of the experience.

Boba Fit Boba Fit

Last edited:

Boba Fit

Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Primarily Prefer Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Aliscia Firelut

Her conversation with the female bounty hunter was interrupted by Sever. He seemed to be the feisty one of this bunch, a trait she liked. Aliscia bowed slightly to the Bounty Hunter before speaking. "If you will excuse me. I will see you around." She said to the woman before turning to look up at Sever. A hint of a mischievous smile on her face, looked up at the Zabrak and met his gaze as she took hold of her lightsabers.

Turning away from him, she walked to an open space in the room without saying a word to Sever yet. After adjusting her lightsabers to their lowest power setting where they would essentially be in training mode, she activated them. They came to life with a slight screech then a dull hum as the pure white blades were stabilized. The blades, coincidentally matching her hair. Gripping the hilts in a normal way, not a reverse grip, she began a short but intense Kata. It started with a slow, deliberate, and very basic, Jar'Kai technique. Then she deftly and almost instantaneously switched into a very quick, agile, and aggressive version of Ataru. Using force assisted movements, she struck, parried, flipped, and kicked. As Alicia landed from the last movement, she let go of her shoto blade, and flipped her hand, grabbing it in a reverse grip. It happened in almost the blink of an eye, all while she was moving her body into the starting position for Niman. The white haired Jedi then showed off the more conservative form of Niman, before she halted her body movements, and the white blades of her lightsabers disappeared.

Looking like she barely broke a sweat, she walked up to Sever. The whole Kata lasting about 45 seconds. 15 seconds for the basic Jar'Kai techniques at the beginning, 15 seconds of Ataru formed Jar'Kai, and 15 seconds of Niman. "That is Jar'Kai. With Ataru and Niman. Jar'Kai is the foundation...its the essentials of dual bladed combat. Once the essentials are mastered, a skilled dualist can apply the basics of any of the 6 lightsaber forms to Jar'Kai. Depending on strengths and weaknesses of themselves and their opponent."

BlueFlameNikku BlueFlameNikku Akashi Akashi

Akashi

~Shall we?~
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Not fan of yaoi.
"You can call me Neeva" Introducing herself to the young woman before her.

"I did not realize that exiles who return to the Order would be given a padawan that easily." The eyes beneath her helment squinted, wondering if she made a deal with the Order or if that is usually how things work for the lot of them.

"Not a problem." They were, however, quick to part ways when the white haired woman left for the Zabrak. Speaking to him, Neeva returned to her observation. Looking at the others, but now, in particular to the Zabrak who was being given some more information. There wasn't much more for the Bounty Hunter to do at this moment.

All she could do was to watch over the exiles and see how they would grow. Depending on how long her own contract with the Order is, she may do something else in the meantime.

BlueFlameNikku

Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day
Writing Levels
Male, Female
Both
Favorite Genres
Sever Hakras

The initiate watched on in complete silence as the woman went about her demonstration. He refused to blink throughout the display as his eyes were fixed upon her every motion; storing them away within his memory. He analyzed everything from the angle of her wrists to the movement of each step. It didn't take him long to realize there were some movements she was doing that he couldn't replicate even on his best day and certainly not at that rate of speed. Once it was all said and done he listened to her brief explanation though his eyes seemed fixated upon the spot she had been demonstrating as if the young man was watching a terminal screen. As she finished the Zabrak nodded slowly before he made his way to the same open area of the room.

Once there Sever drew his two vibro knives and stood there in silence; rather unusual behavior that those around him wouldn't be expecting he was sure. He wanted to make use of the lesson that he'd unexpectedly been given while it was still fresh in his mind. He took one slow deep breath and then another as he pictured the woman standing before him with sabers at the ready. He readied himself as his imaginary opponent began the fake spar. He knew he couldn't copy what that woman had showed him but he could adapt and utilize from it what he was capable of. The Zabrak would appear to defend off quick strikes being sent his way with his knives. Within only a few seconds of this he was already sweating, however, he'd suddenly stop out of nowhere; his imaginary sparring partner had struck his shoulder. With little warning the young male pressed his vibro blade against his shoulder for just a moment causing a slight burn; a quick grunt following. In his life pain had always been a useful motivator and now was no different. These bantha could sit on they're asses like the old man told them while Sever would rather take matters into his own hands whenever possible.

Within moments he was back at it for another few rounds; giving himself a slight burn each time he would have been hit. Although as he replayed his combat scenario over and over again, not matter how much faster he'd get he couldn't keep up with what he knew likely wasn't even the Jedi's top speed. He would be panting now from the intense short bursts. Once he'd finished his fifth attempt the Zabrak finally sat down to rest, his arms outstretched with his chest rising and lowering from his heavy breathing. Now he had something to really work with and reflect upon. The old Kel Dor had been pretty stingy with his lesson but with the white haired Jedi's assistance Sever really had something to bite into now. Sitting there Sever turned his head to face the helpful Jedi, smirking despite his exhaustion as he took in breaths between his words. "Hey...what's your...name anyways?"

Boba Fit Boba Fit

Boba Fit

Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Primarily Prefer Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Aliscia Firelut

Sever had watched her kata intensely. He then took the spot she had occupied and went about his own training. Aliscia could tell he was trying to fight her....well, an imaginary version of her. She even saw him hit himself with the knives to imitate a strike against him. Sever had a desire to learn and the determination to back that up. He had earned her respect....no....he had commanded her respect. Not letting her see anything else. She liked this initiate.

He finally finished and he was tired. Took him long enough to finally ask her name. "Aliscia Firelut. You can call me Ali though. Your thirst for knowledge is admirable. I do not mean to chide, but you need to be careful and slow down. The proper foundations must be built first. Without proper training, you will develop bad habits. Then, all that effort will have had the opposite effect, as bad habits are harder to break. A house built on a strong foundation has a higher likelihood of standing through trials and tribulations, then a house built on a weak foundation. Take that determination, and apply it to perfecting the basics you are about to learn. They are tried and true. I learned the same way."

She unclipped the shoto saber and used the force to float it toward him. Setting it next to him, she assumed a dueling stance. She took her other saber in her own hands and activated it. Both sabers are still on training mode. "Stand up. Take the lightsaber. Assume the position. Do the basics. Don't think of it as a fight. Think of it as a dance. Effortless, graceful, and fluid. Like this." She did a very simple kata that had the foundations of bladed combat. Not even any specific lightsaber forms, as this was the foundation. After demonstrating a few times, she stopped, and deactivated her saber. So she could watch Sever.

BlueFlameNikku BlueFlameNikku