The more he stuck around, the less like a city this place seemed to be. It was an incredible batch of contradictions and cutouts, as though someone had taken the idea of a city, and slapped together from what spare parts were at hand. It certainly had all the little things of course, where vice and virtue intermingled in the way humanity was well known for.

it was then when he started to look more closely that things began to twist and turn in ways that made him uneasy. And then on the edges, as far as he could go....Nothing. For all intents and purposes, this city was the world. Or perhaps the world was the city, trying it's best to cram in all these variant souls and powers into one place. Lucifer had no idea, and cut off from his superiors he really had no other options.

So he enrolled himself in school.

The only school as it were, a concept he wisely chose to not examine too closely as he faced his homeroom class. He was still of an age to attend, younger than most other executors his age. Changing from his priestly vestments, he now wore somber, plain clothing. Black of course, this time with glasses with a small glamour to hide his eye coloration. He had no idea if it'd matter, but it'd do for now.

In addition, he managed to hone his inhuman abilities a little more, making for a wider variety of tricks should it come to it. He hoped it wouldn't. And so, before his homeroom class he bowed from the waist.

"My name is Lucifer Tepes! Please, treat me well."

That was then.

Now, here he was. Out on the school grounds, quietly enjoying the day as he looked around for any familiar faces.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Marina had lost track of time, not to mention the conversation she had been having in that Plaza.

Before long, it was time for her to attend class... Well, kind of. She had opted to take part-time classes rather than full time thanks to her hobbies and... Other duties around the city.

Of course, even part-time meant a bit of class work, but for the time being, she was done with all of that.

Right now, she was sketching again... On campus grounds this time. She had decided to challenge herself by sketching something from memory alone, and in this case, she had decided to capture a scene from one of her dreams.

By the time Lucifer might notice her, she had already completed part of the drawing; a pair of hands... On either side of the page, and what looks to be the outline of a city. Though she was working on the more intricate details.

It looks like by this point, she was too absorbed in her work to notice any company, yet.​

Naturally silent in a way training and his bloodline mingled to create, he came closer. At first drawn by curiosity and then appreciation. The artist as much as the act she was engaged in was pleasing to behold. He was young enough to appreciate the opposite sex and not nearly long enough in his calling to feel guilty about it. That and he felt god would have appreciated it as well, as all beautiful things came from Him.

And she was beautiful. Though he'd be hard pressed to say why, not being familiar with merfolk as a whole. Less alluring than a succubi, more charming than a fey, it was new and altogether peaceful. He felt he could watch her work for ages.

...Of course, he shouldn't. That would be creepy. He cleared his throat, adjusted his glasses and spoke.

"That's a lovely pair of hands." It was ambiguous as to whether he was talking about the subject art or her own, as he looked on and spoke.

"Also, forgive me but you seem familiar. We have met before, yes?"

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Marina looked up from her sketching to see a familiar face upon his mention of hands, stopping what she was doing for a moment... Though, she looked down at her sketch, then at her hands, then at Lucifer for a few moments, as if trying to figure out which pair of hands he was referring to before she shook her head, seeming to be pondering on her words for a moment before she poke.

"Hmm? Um... Yes, we have. At the plaza, remember? I made that spear out of water?" She said, relatively calmly.

Though, she made sure to carefully brush a few locks of hair away from her face, and towards her neck area. Of course, something that seemed perfectly normal to the average observer, but... In actuality, it was in order to cover the gills at her neck.

She wasn't entirely sure who she was before she had come to Starlight City, but she wasn't quite ready to reveal her... Abnormal features just yet to the general public. She felt it was better she was seen as an ordinary human girl. Sure, one that for some strange reason could control and mold the water around her, and seemed to need to shower, or just be in water more frequently than usual, but... Other than that, a perfectly normal girl.​

Lucifer would have been emphatic had he known of her struggle. Was he not doing the same now in turn? Sure, the last name was a bit of a giveaway but in all else, he did his best. It was amazing what a change of clothing and some glamour-bespelled spectacles did to change ones appearance. It had certainly shocked him, the moment he examined himself in the mirror to ensure his appearance wasn't out of place.

Far from a rich, blood red now, his eyes were a clear, forget-me-not blue. Rather like the description of a certain literary character he had been enjoying in English class.

Despite being a somewhat mature and young executioner, every teen enjoyed a good pirate story. Why it had come to mind though as he looked at her, he wasn't quite sure yet.

He sat down a little ways next to her. Not close enough to be strange, but enough to look at her drawing with more intent before he said softly. "Right. I remember now. It's been a while since then. Have you been well?"

He paused and added with some degree of awkwardness as well. "I've enrolled in school myself of late."

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Marina stared down at her drawing thoughtfully, as if a response to Lucifer's question was written in some really tiny print somewhere on there before she looked up... Flashing a cheerfy smile and nodded.

"Yes... As well as I can be." She said, tilting her head a little as she noticed his appearance change.

Coincidentally, she remembered a popular theory, or perhaps 'story' that had once circulated her orphanage in her youth.

After they had found her washed ashore, many assumed she was a fortunate survivor of some kind of shipwreck, and... A ship had been downed in a freak storm just a few nights prior. She just... Couldn't remember anything before she had washed up on that beach.

Though, as the weeks went by, people began to speculate perhaps she had been a victim of some kind of pirate attack, a lone survivor from a ship sunk at sea. Of course, the idea sounded exciting to many young minds at the times, something about it just didn't sit right with Marina.

Whether it was because the thought that her parents had likely drowned or been killed at sea, or something else entirely... The story didn't quite seem like something she was about to accept as truth, or even close to that.

In the end, she decided to try and keep up the conversation with Lucifer before her mind wandered too much, laughing a little.

"Well, it's about time! But hey... Who am I to talk. I'm just a part-timer." She said.

Her wandering mind, and strange dreams that sometimes came to her in her sleep were things that often distracted her from her sketching when it came to using a real life setting as a reference point. However, recently... She was experimenting with taking advantage of her dreams at least, as well as her wandering mind in order to create more fiction based artistic works, or so she believed anyways.

Nonetheless, it was the closest she had to a goal right now... Besides protecting Starlight City every so often.​

"Part timer? For school or do you have a job on the side?" Lucifer was curious for its own sake and it had been a while since he had a conversation. His unique side of things narrowed his circle of friends and acquaintances, putting him in a world where he did his duty twenty-four seven. He then added with an absently thoughtful expression, as he remembered something.

"I wanted to ask as well....This city seems to have many vigilantes. What are some names among them you could point out to me? Also, is there anyone I should be wary of?"

@York

The more he stuck around, the less like a city this place seemed to be. It was an incredible batch of contradictions and cutouts, as though someone had taken the idea of a city, and slapped together from what spare parts were at hand. It certainly had all the little things of course, where vice and virtue intermingled in the way humanity was well known for.

it was then when he started to look more closely that things began to twist and turn in ways that made him uneasy. And then on the edges, as far as he could go....Nothing. For all intents and purposes, this city was the world. Or perhaps the world was the city, trying it's best to cram in all these variant souls and powers into one place. Lucifer had no idea, and cut off from his superiors he really had no other options.

The only school as it were, a concept he wisely chose to not examine too closely as he faced his homeroom class. He was still of an age to attend, younger than most other executors his age. Changing from his priestly vestments, he now wore somber, plain clothing. Black of course, this time with glasses with a small glamour to hide his eye coloration. He had no idea if it'd matter, but it'd do for now.

In addition, he managed to hone his inhuman abilities a little more, making for a wider variety of tricks should it come to it. He hoped it wouldn't. And so, before his homeroom class he bowed from the waist.

That was then.

Now, here he was. Out on the school grounds, quietly enjoying the day as he looked around for any familiar faces.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Marina had lost track of time, not to mention the conversation she had been having in that Plaza.

Before long, it was time for her to attend class... Well, kind of. She had opted to take part-time classes rather than full time thanks to her hobbies and... Other duties around the city.

Of course, even part-time meant a bit of class work, but for the time being, she was done with all of that.

Right now, she was sketching again... On campus grounds this time. She had decided to challenge herself by sketching something from memory alone, and in this case, she had decided to capture a scene from one of her dreams.

By the time Lucifer might notice her, she had already completed part of the drawing; a pair of hands... On either side of the page, and what looks to be the outline of a city. Though she was working on the more intricate details.

It looks like by this point, she was too absorbed in her work to notice any company, yet.​

Naturally silent in a way training and his bloodline mingled to create, he came closer. At first drawn by curiosity and then appreciation. The artist as much as the act she was engaged in was pleasing to behold. He was young enough to appreciate the opposite sex and not nearly long enough in his calling to feel guilty about it. That and he felt god would have appreciated it as well, as all beautiful things came from Him.

And she was beautiful. Though he'd be hard pressed to say why, not being familiar with merfolk as a whole. Less alluring than a succubi, more charming than a fey, it was new and altogether peaceful. He felt he could watch her work for ages.

...Of course, he shouldn't. That would be creepy. He cleared his throat, adjusted his glasses and spoke.

"That's a lovely pair of hands." It was ambiguous as to whether he was talking about the subject art or her own, as he looked on and spoke.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Marina looked up from her sketching to see a familiar face upon his mention of hands, stopping what she was doing for a moment... Though, she looked down at her sketch, then at her hands, then at Lucifer for a few moments, as if trying to figure out which pair of hands he was referring to before she shook her head, seeming to be pondering on her words for a moment before she poke.

"Hmm? Um... Yes, we have. At the plaza, remember? I made that spear out of water?" She said, relatively calmly.

Though, she made sure to carefully brush a few locks of hair away from her face, and towards her neck area. Of course, something that seemed perfectly normal to the average observer, but... In actuality, it was in order to cover the gills at her neck.

She wasn't entirely sure who she was before she had come to Starlight City, but she wasn't quite ready to reveal her... Abnormal features just yet to the general public. She felt it was better she was seen as an ordinary human girl. Sure, one that for some strange reason could control and mold the water around her, and seemed to need to shower, or just be in water more frequently than usual, but... Other than that, a perfectly normal girl.​

Lucifer would have been emphatic had he known of her struggle. Was he not doing the same now in turn? Sure, the last name was a bit of a giveaway but in all else, he did his best. It was amazing what a change of clothing and some glamour-bespelled spectacles did to change ones appearance. It had certainly shocked him, the moment he examined himself in the mirror to ensure his appearance wasn't out of place.

Far from a rich, blood red now, his eyes were a clear, forget-me-not blue. Rather like the description of a certain literary character he had been enjoying in English class.

Despite being a somewhat mature and young executioner, every teen enjoyed a good pirate story. Why it had come to mind though as he looked at her, he wasn't quite sure yet.

He sat down a little ways next to her. Not close enough to be strange, but enough to look at her drawing with more intent before he said softly. "Right. I remember now. It's been a while since then. Have you been well?"

He paused and added with some degree of awkwardness as well. "I've enrolled in school myself of late."

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Marina stared down at her drawing thoughtfully, as if a response to Lucifer's question was written in some really tiny print somewhere on there before she looked up... Flashing a cheerfy smile and nodded.

"Yes... As well as I can be." She said, tilting her head a little as she noticed his appearance change.

Coincidentally, she remembered a popular theory, or perhaps 'story' that had once circulated her orphanage in her youth.

After they had found her washed ashore, many assumed she was a fortunate survivor of some kind of shipwreck, and... A ship had been downed in a freak storm just a few nights prior. She just... Couldn't remember anything before she had washed up on that beach.

Though, as the weeks went by, people began to speculate perhaps she had been a victim of some kind of pirate attack, a lone survivor from a ship sunk at sea. Of course, the idea sounded exciting to many young minds at the times, something about it just didn't sit right with Marina.

Whether it was because the thought that her parents had likely drowned or been killed at sea, or something else entirely... The story didn't quite seem like something she was about to accept as truth, or even close to that.

In the end, she decided to try and keep up the conversation with Lucifer before her mind wandered too much, laughing a little.

"Well, it's about time! But hey... Who am I to talk. I'm just a part-timer." She said.

Her wandering mind, and strange dreams that sometimes came to her in her sleep were things that often distracted her from her sketching when it came to using a real life setting as a reference point. However, recently... She was experimenting with taking advantage of her dreams at least, as well as her wandering mind in order to create more fiction based artistic works, or so she believed anyways.

Nonetheless, it was the closest she had to a goal right now... Besides protecting Starlight City every so often.​

"Part timer? For school or do you have a job on the side?" Lucifer was curious for its own sake and it had been a while since he had a conversation. His unique side of things narrowed his circle of friends and acquaintances, putting him in a world where he did his duty twenty-four seven. He then added with an absently thoughtful expression, as he remembered something.

"I wanted to ask as well....This city seems to have many vigilantes. What are some names among them you could point out to me? Also, is there anyone I should be wary of?"

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Marina shrugged, pausing for a moment though before she spoke.

"You could say both. I catch the best views for my sketches at hours a full timer would have to attend class." She said.

The mention of Vigilantes got Marina thinking though; she knew a few here and there... People who fought to defend the city, but to be honest, she wasn't too in the loop right now. Her time spent that might allow her to qualify as one was subjective to say the least.

"Can't name too many off the head. They come when the City needs them... Dangers vary. Could be a classic robbery case, could be a mass sabotage... Could be something so crazy that it takes someone turning time back onto itself to fix it."

Come to think of it, there were so many obsurd things going on this city, she had to wonder if it was all some bizarre fever dream sometimes, which caused her to let out a laugh. However, she was well aware that she couldn't just leave Lucifer with such a vague answer like that, so she decided to at least give him what little information still stuck with her.

"Aside from some troublesome dieties... I can't tell you who I'd watch out for yet, but... If you're looking for a Vigilante, look up the name Orion sometime." She seemed to stop though after saying that, a sly look crossing her face.

"But... The thing about this City is... That you can't always tell a Vigilante just by their looks. After all, you could be staring at one right now." She added, with a little wink.

Of course, she had displayed her ability to manipulate water in that Plaza, but it wasn't exactly abnormal for regular citizens to have supernatural abilities in Starlight City. Not all of them became Vigilantes, but it was generally something that came hand in hand these days.​

That was then.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

"You could say both. I catch the best views for my sketches at hours a full timer would have to attend class." She said.

The mention of Vigilantes got Marina thinking though; she knew a few here and there... People who fought to defend the city, but to be honest, she wasn't too in the loop right now. Her time spent that might allow her to qualify as one was subjective to say the least.

"Can't name too many off the head. They come when the City needs them... Dangers vary. Could be a classic robbery case, could be a mass sabotage... Could be something so crazy that it takes someone turning time back onto itself to fix it."

Come to think of it, there were so many obsurd things going on this city, she had to wonder if it was all some bizarre fever dream sometimes, which caused her to let out a laugh. However, she was well aware that she couldn't just leave Lucifer with such a vague answer like that, so she decided to at least give him what little information still stuck with her.

"Aside from some troublesome dieties... I can't tell you who I'd watch out for yet, but... If you're looking for a Vigilante, look up the name Orion sometime." She seemed to stop though after saying that, a sly look crossing her face.

"But... The thing about this City is... That you can't always tell a Vigilante just by their looks. After all, you could be staring at one right now." She added, with a little wink.

Of course, she had displayed her ability to manipulate water in that Plaza, but it wasn't exactly abnormal for regular citizens to have supernatural abilities in Starlight City. Not all of them became Vigilantes, but it was generally something that came hand in hand these days.​

Coy. But amusing as it was, it did beg the question.

In a city where everyone was unique in some way, what did it mean to be a vigilante? Who did you protect, when the least person might be a demigod, or something else entirely? He had no idea, but if he had to consider this place in a way that made sense?

Then he was already doomed to failure, as this place defied logic enough.

So what need for folks like them did it garner?

He sighed and and pulled his glasses down slightly. In a dry, if somewhat amused tone he spoke.

"But what would the odds of that happening be though, hmm?"

And for a moment, his iris narrowed, visible and unobscured from the enchantment of the glasses.

NoSr2Id.gif

@York

That was then.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

In a city where everyone was unique in some way, what did it mean to be a vigilante? Who did you protect, when the least person might be a demigod, or something else entirely? He had no idea, but if he had to consider this place in a way that made sense?

He sighed and and pulled his glasses down slightly. In a dry, if somewhat amused tone he spoke.

And for a moment, his iris narrowed, visible and unobscured from the enchantment of the glasses.

NoSr2Id.gif

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Lucifer's question made Marina close her sketch book for the time being, before giving another shrug.

"Dunno. What do you think?" She asked, leaving her answer rather nonspecific to say the least.

Maybe she wasn't sure herself, really. After all, despite being a local, she hadn't gotten involved in the crazier end of the local business until somewhat recently.

There was still much she had to understand about her powers, as well as where she might have come from. If she had any family left around, they sure didn't come visit her, or even give her anything to work with. So for the time being, she had decided that it was b etter to blend in... To act like anyone else might in this City.

But one could only stand by and watch so many things happen, before they got the urge to step in and help, one way or another.​

That was then.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

NoSr2Id.gif

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Lucifer's question made Marina close her sketch book for the time being, before giving another shrug.

"Dunno. What do you think?" She asked, leaving her answer rather nonspecific to say the least.

Maybe she wasn't sure herself, really. After all, despite being a local, she hadn't gotten involved in the crazier end of the local business until somewhat recently.

There was still much she had to understand about her powers, as well as where she might have come from. If she had any family left around, they sure didn't come visit her, or even give her anything to work with. So for the time being, she had decided that it was b etter to blend in... To act like anyone else might in this City.

But one could only stand by and watch so many things happen, before they got the urge to step in and help, one way or another.​

"I think that if I know anything, it'd be that I know nothing."

He said simply as he pushed his glasses back up, his iris blue again as though the past few seconds had never happened. He did chuckle though, as he asked Marina.

"So what would you call yourself? Water Wizard? Sea Witch? Hydro Girl?"

He frowned to himself and admitted. "Sorry, I've no head for names that would strike fear into criminals."

@York

That was then.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

NoSr2Id.gif

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

He said simply as he pushed his glasses back up, his iris blue again as though the past few seconds had never happened. He did chuckle though, as he asked Marina.

He frowned to himself and admitted. "Sorry, I've no head for names that would strike fear into criminals."

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Realizing that Lucifer had picked up on her little hint, she shrugged.

"Not sure. Never really thought of a name yet." She said.

Well, that wasn't entirely true; she had been trying to figure out a name for herself, but she never really found one that stuck. 'Aqua Girl' was the only one that sounded even remotely promising, and even then... It just didn't feel right.

"For a local... I'm still pretty new at this, after all." She added, seeming almost dismissive of this fact.

Of all the years she had spent here, she had chosen only recently to start defending the City... As she was rarely one to be confident in her own skills.​

That was then.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

NoSr2Id.gif

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Well, that wasn't entirely true; she had been trying to figure out a name for herself, but she never really found one that stuck. 'Aqua Girl' was the only one that sounded even remotely promising, and even then... It just didn't feel right.

"For a local... I'm still pretty new at this, after all." She added, seeming almost dismissive of this fact.

Of all the years she had spent here, she had chosen only recently to start defending the City... As she was rarely one to be confident in her own skills.​

"You mean you actually do go out in costume and fight criminals?" He asked blankly and with a hint of incredulous disbelief. Having seen her power demonstration, that wasn't exactly surprising that she'd do something like that he supposed. But still, it was something to wrap his head around.

He shook his head and smiled ruefully.

"Well, I can't exactly say I'm any better if it helps."

@York

That was then.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

NoSr2Id.gif

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

"You mean you actually do go out in costume and fight criminals?" He asked blankly and with a hint of incredulous disbelief. Having seen her power demonstration, that wasn't exactly surprising that she'd do something like that he supposed. But still, it was something to wrap his head around.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Marina wanted to facepalm at the fact that she had jumped the shark again, but she refrained, instead she just sighed softly and shook her head.

"... Not exactly. I don't have a costume. I just... Don't let people get your average civilian get a good look at me." She said, smiling a little.

"Besides... It's not really a full-time gig. Just... Something I do when the City needs me..." She added sheepishly.

Truth to be told, she really wasn't able to keep the best of eyes on the City, so it just came down to big incidents that usually caused her to spring into action. Not that she didn't stop more smaller scale crimes... If she happened to be around when they happened.​

That was then.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

NoSr2Id.gif

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

Marina wanted to facepalm at the fact that she had jumped the shark again, but she refrained, instead she just sighed softly and shook her head.

"... Not exactly. I don't have a costume. I just... Don't let people get your average civilian get a good look at me." She said, smiling a little.

"Besides... It's not really a full-time gig. Just... Something I do when the City needs me..." She added sheepishly.

Truth to be told, she really wasn't able to keep the best of eyes on the City, so it just came down to big incidents that usually caused her to spring into action. Not that she didn't stop more smaller scale crimes... If she happened to be around when they happened.​

That was interesting. Of course, there was only one question to ask.

"What does it look like? Your costume?"

@York

That was then.

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

NoSr2Id.gif

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

That was interesting. Of course, there was only one question to ask.

"What does it look like? Your costume?"

@York
Marina Herring
@Ringmaster

D'oh! Of course... The most simple thing that almost every vigilante had. There was yet another shrug from Marina.

"Whatever I'm wearing that day... ... I need to work on that." She said, laughing a little.

For a vigilante, she was pretty... Underwhelming, but perhaps that was because she considered it a part-time thing at the moment.​

t-rae-banner-png.148833

Okay, I had expected him to take my advice seriously... but I only had a brief second where my senses told me he was going to kiss me before he did, so the shock I expressed was at least partly real. Of course I kissed back. I'd been waiting for this for... I don't even know how long because time fucked its own mother now and then in Starlight City.

After the kiss broke, and I made sure it went on for at least a minute, I grabbed his shoulders. "Finally! Holy Hell you could have done that months ago, you know?" I let go, then moved over to flop down on the couch. "There's gonna be a ramping up period though. This isn't gonna be like the movies where the next thing they do is throw themselves at each other and have some kind of repression-driven sex. We're gonna work up to that."

savina-daye-banner-png.148832

star-butterfly-1-jpg.159721
"Awesome! Savina and Star, new friends, journey together to find out all the amazingly cool things at Starlight Academy!" She thrust her wand over her head as she made this declaration, to which, Savina slightly shook her head in disbelief.

Could anyone be this enthusiastic and be genuine about it? Apparently. Savina shrugged and looked over at Ryan and the others. "So, apparently Star and I need a tour and to go see whomever is in charge of admissions, as we're going to be attending."

Eden Haller

Eden and Nathan go strolling through the halls of the school. Rooms and classes are pointed out as they leisurely stroll through the school.

The library is found, which seems busy with people.

"Shall we explore the library, that won't be too boring for you will it ? "

Eden's attitude seems relaxed as she walks.

" I've been wanting to ask you what your favorite subject is ? "

Eros and David Amadeo

David looked at Shorius and wondered why he hadn't felt this way before. It was so strange to think that he had never felt this way before.

There weren't quite words for what David felt. It wasn't just simple attraction to a male, it was something so much more to him.

David wondered if he was going to be able to speak at all outside of his name and his basic occupation to the man. He may be a romantic, but sometimes words failed him.

David wasn't that much shorter than him, about an inch and only slightly less muscular. He took Shorius's hand.

" Can I call you Mike?" He asked him honestly.

David stared at the food and he didn't know what impressed him more. The fact he had gotten food in or that Julia let him.

David started to eat, way more hungry than he cared to admit. Eros hoped he thanked him later for the food.

Nathan Stone

Nathan pointed out a ton of different classrooms that were important. He also pointed out the stairwell to the basements to her as well.

The library was indeed found, but it was actually kind of empty.

"Shall we explore the library, that won't be too boring for you will it ? "

" I mean, sure, I guess we can explore the library. I don't often come here."

He felt more relaxed while he walked with her as well.

He paused and shrugged. " Don't really got one honestly," he said.

@Gands

Joseph Clark

Joseph was quiet as well. He didn't really talk that much himself, preferring to read books and express things without saying words to people he was getting to know. Once you got to know him, he started to talk a little more, but he was still very quiet and conservative, being more of the type to answer questions than ones who would ask them. It was for this reason that he didn't ask her who her parents were. Clark was a common enough last name and it was possible that he was once again overthinking things. After all, he honestly didn't know if Clark was the name that his absent father had given his mother and she had bestowed on him or if it was her name as he was sent to school and didn't know as anything other than mom. He wondered what exactly she was researching to need so many books about gods, but it may as well be about nothing.

Joseph gave a nod that showed he was okay with it. It was certainly going to be interesting for her to figure out where some of the books in those piles went as some of them had a specific number and name and went more towards the section more reserved for those doing research. He had taken careful consideration to make sure of all the books in that section was unbiased and unfiltered. If any other god ran the school, he would have had such a difficult time as they didn't exactly paint the gods in the flattering light that they preferred to portray in. It showed all possible sides to them and that was something in of itself. But Adam, even as a god with a bad memory, knew what was important and what wasn't. He watched the door, wondering if the two outside were coming.

Location: Starlight Academy- Walking to Maya and Em's shared room

Maya Brooke

Maya couldn't exactly disagree with the woman. Adam seemed like he belong as a stereotypical high school movie trope in of itself. There was something about him that also didn't quite fit the mold of what he was supposed to be. She knew that she didn't comment on that, but everyone had felt the shift. Not everyone remembered what happened before, but it was noticeable that things weren't accurate. Particularly on websites that showed real time progression. If she was to believe them, today was supposed to be sometime in December, which did sound accurate. Time however had always been somewhat of a problem here though. It wasn't static. It wasn't moving either. It just was. Things changed and other things didn't. She had to wonder why that was, but she felt the answer would bring her only more questions about the time here.

" Can't say that I have experienced that in particular, but I forgot names and faces, especially when there are so many people at the school and within the city itself. Trust me, with so many heroes, it's real damn easy to forgot a lot of their names, no matter how simple they want them to be." Maya moved in the direction of the dorms as well, knowing her way as she had shared the dorm room with another girl last time she had been here. She wondered what happened to her, but with this city, it was possible that she had been a criminal or died or was just a goddess in disguise. All of which were possible explanations. " He's the head librarian in the school. He's really good at helping with getting books too, so if you ever need something obscure for a class, he will probably have it."

@Autumn

Steven Lasket

He hadn't expected her to kiss him back. Out of all the worst possible things, he had considered her pushing him away, of her saying it was too soon, but the last thing he had expected was to be kissed back. It felt so good to kiss her, he had waited.… some amount of time for this, he couldn't remember the exact time as time here was incredibly malleable.

Steven looked over at her and felt her grab his shoulders, but he didn't do anything yet. He didn't want to risk anything yet. " I may have been thinking about it for the past few months, but I... just never thought to do without worrying until now. It felt good." He had to chuckle at her description. " It took me literal months to get to kissing, trust me, I had no plans to just jump into repression-driven sex. This isn't a movie so I know it won't work. Besides the fact that because of time screwing itself, it would look kind of weird to the people who don't remember the past."

Matthew Harris/Twiggy, Ryan Thorn and Orion

Matthew couldn't help but smile. He hadn't seen that much cheer in a person in a long time. Most of the other people here turned either into sociopaths, friendly people on edge or just didn't adjust well to here. The last person who was here had literally made a portal and fled the city because she believed it was beyond hope.

" That is actually incredibly accurate. The admin is that way and seeing as most of the volunteers are busy, Ryan and I can do the tour part. It would probably be better than trying to do the tour with Dorothy who will complain every inch of the way," he said to the group.

Orion looked between the four of them. " Do you think I could go to school here as well?" Orion asked.

Ryan looked over at Orion. "I don't see why not. You probably could learn just as well- but it might be a good idea to shift into your younger form to enroll," he said.

Orion nodded and shifted into his younger form.
1543985218412.png

" Okay then, let's head to the admin office then, it's this way," he said, gesturing to the building about seventy feet in front of them.

@Michale CS

Last edited:
  • Ah Seen It
Reactions: Michale CS
He stared at her after that reply and began to ponder thoughtfully.

And then blushed, before he coughed into his hand to the side and spoke.

"I'm sure you make a lot of folks happy that way."

@York

t-rae-banner-png.148833

"Good. Cuz that would have been awkward. What I am going to be comfortable with other than kissing of course is all the little things we can do in public, and spooning. Having someone right next to me sort of overwhelms my crazy-sensitive senses. It makes everything else just fade away and I get to sleep way faster." She crossed her arms behind her head and closed her eyes.

Savina just followed along, waiting for Star to lose the act. She didn't. It really was the way she was. That was... kind of scary, in a way. It showed the fearlessness of childhood, in a young woman who had what appeared to be pretty immense magical powers.

"Oooh, we're already there? Cool. So... where do we sign up?" She shook her wand and a large quill pen seemed to fall out of it, which she caught and waved around triumphantly.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Eden Haller

" Well, we can wander about here just to see what its like until you can figure out something else to look at Nathan "

She was still taking it all in. His relaxed state keeping her relaxed. She reached out briefly to check for other minds in the area.

Steven Lasket

Steven had to agree that it would be a little awkward for them to jump straight to sex. " I'm a sucker for the little things as well. They just make most relationships feel more real and connected. I hate it when I can't see how the characters evovled from one kiss to banging in the bedroom seven seconds later. Life isn't some-oh, you want to fall asleep," he said, shutting up and just letting her do that since he didn't want to be that guy.

Ryan Thorn, Matthew Harris/ Twiggy and Orion

Matthew awkwardly looked over at Savina. " So, what do you think of going to school here? Or are you more of the type to get a job and fight crime on your own? Either works in this city, we get both types of people. I personally never expected to be balancing work and school, but I do."

"You know, Matt, something has always bothered me. For the past seven or so years, you've been different. Powers the same, but it never felt right. Happen on your 18th birthday that you switche gears from getting as far away from here to loving it. It's weird. What changed your mind?"
Ryan asked.

Orion looked perplexed and wondered the same thing. He noticed a note and nearly fell over when a pile of admission sign up landed in his arms. Luckily for Star, hers landed on the desk and with the signing page. " I guess we can sign and we are students."

Matthew didn't answer Ryan's question. Maybe he didn't hear it.

Adam and Angelo Ryan Rose

Adam sighed, as he was back by the portal again, expecting someone to arrive. What he hadn't expected was for the individuals to fall out of the sky and land on the ground with a thud. Nor did he expect them to look and feel to be from this world. Angelo was one of the first to wake up after that landing. He dusted.... off his leather jacket. " Where the fuck is the expensive suit I was wearing before?" He asked.

" Least of your problems, Mr. Rose." Adam sighed and pulled out a mirror he knew he would be needing since he was dealing with a vain journalist who cared about himself. Angelo stared back at the man staring back. It was him, albeit, a slightly less handsomely groomed version. More rebel biker than proud reporter.

1553398993975.png

" Can you fix me to... sorry, where are my manners? Where am I and who the fuck are you?" Angelo asked.

" Welcome to Starlight City, Mr. Rose. I'm Adam Knight, the local mayor/god of knowledge/ school principal/ town... You get the idea. I don't seem to understand where you could come from. Though, I must ask, how are the superheroes outside doing? I imagine they are saving many lives and getting a lot of praise."

"You must be real sheltered. I haven't heard of a such thing since well back when I was seven or so. Haven't been like that since the collateral laws have been enacted. Back when-"

Adam paused and cursed. Oh dear, he hadn't expected Liam's life would come with a dangerous twenty year shift in world politics. But when was- oh dear. He had really botched the timeline. " Let's discuss more when your lady friend awake."

@Michale CS

Nathan Stone

" Well, that might not be a bad thing. It might be fun to explore the library together. Do you like libraries?" He asked her.

Eden would be able to detect a few other students and at least the librarian. It wasn't everyone- but it was the most that could be detected.

@Gands

Last edited:
t-rae-banner-png.148833

I definitely fell asleep super fast after that. At least he's trainable, was my last conscious thought before I zonked out. The next morning, though, I had a crazy amount of energy, was up before Steven, and I'd made breakfast. I didn't want to think twice why the kitchen was fully stocked when most of the other stuff had to be replaced - time travel is just plain weird.

I had pancakes, eggs and bacon ready by the time he was up, and I had showered and was in an oversized t-shirt, boxers, and that was it when I served it. I popped on that old song by Jewel that mentioned pancakes, not because I was co-dependent or anything, but because it mentioned pancakes.

"Well, I was going to college in my world of origin, but I was also doing the superheroine thing so maybe a bit of both? Take a couple classes to work toward my MBA and get into marketing, but do the whole namesake thing when I'm not doing that. Also, I need to find a place to stay." Savina said with a shrug.

"Woo! Now that's what I call service! I don't know what all of this means, but I'm not detecting any magic that signs my soul away - trust me I have a lot of experience with that - my ex-boyfriend is a demon - so I guess I'll just sign up. Ooh... will I get a roommate in the dorms just like those teen movies I watched back on... the other Earth? Oh, oh, and bunk beds? Because it would be super cool if it were bunk beds..." Star actually rattled on a lot more after that but really, no one was keeping track until she finished signing everything.

"There! All signed up! What's next?"

LwjLWWn.jpg

JJpfE5q.jpg

"Oh. My God. What. the fuck am I wearing? A blazer? And dress pants? Who dressed me this morning, Ellen Degeneres? And where the fuck are we? This does not look like New York. Not even like Jersey. Though... Angelo... nice outfit."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @ whomever else

Steven Lasket

Steven would just awkwardly stare for a minute before he would get them up into a bed before he passed out himself. He was woken up the next morning by the smell of the bacon sizzling on the grill. He however decided it was better to wait until it was ready before he got up. He stared off to the side drawer and opened it, gently sliding his supply of transformative appearance changers into the garbage.

He would eventually look over at her and give a weak smile. "I am honestly surprised that my house had the food to make breakfest, but then again, time travel probably made it so that it never left or you know, maybe this leap didn't affect everything. I don't fully get it either," it's time travel after all," he admitted.

Ryan Thorn, Matthew Harris/ Twiggy and Orion

Matthew would look over at her with an awkward smile. " Most people in our town do both. Actually, the school is built as half educational and half-training to be heroic or learning to fight and control our powers. Something a little weird, we do a lot of intermingling, but it's just kind of normal here. The school has dorms, but you also can get a house not too far from here."

Ryan did take note that Matthew had dodged his question and was instead talking to Savina. It wasn't too weird to him. " Well, yeah, our school does has demons so, you should still be careful. I can tell you for a fact that the school has bunk beds. I'm not sure you will get a roommate this late in the year, well, actually, you might... with the time travel and everthing. Orion, you can bunk with me. My roommate kind of made like a cat and left me alone. Not sure if he died or got lost in all honesty or died. Could be a mix of all three."

A schedule would land in Star's hands along with Orion. " I am assuming that this is a schedule for our class as the next step. That was quick. Oh, it looks like we share classes," he repled with a smile.

Adam and Angelo Ryan Rose

Adam had to shrug. " Sadly, a pitfall from whatever happened to you. To answer your ....fifth question. Welcome to Starlight City, it's located between America and Europe, it's a rare place that only some know of."

"So, this is Adam... he's apparently.... a lot of things and I tuned him out after he said mayor, so are there places for us to stay?" He asked.

Alec Jackson

Alec hadn't been expected to be waiting for a girl to fall from the sky into the alleyway. That was not how he wanted to spend this morning. But his friend Phantom Writer had told him to keep an eye for a girl who would need help. His exact words were " Take her under your wing, she's young and impressive." How he knew this information, Alec wasn't sure. He sighed as he stroked his facial hair that he had been mysteriously grown a day or two after the time travel.

1553834000570.png

God, this was going to be a thing for a while. Time travel remanents as they had been dubbed by the citizens. Some took hours, some tooks a few days, but they were changes that happened after a major time travel happened.

"
Hopefully, she lands soon." The portal would open and poor Penelope would find herself falling.

Zane Jackson

Zane hadn't expected to see a girl fall into the forest.. but then again, he hadn't expected to be woken up in a suit in the forest, gosh darn time travel remanents.

1553834312347.png

"
Well, time to enjoy the show," he mumbled. He would just simply watch, preferring to not get involved. .. for now as Aimee would fall.

@Michale CS

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Michale CS
Emilia Rosalind Willis
"That's so true!" Emilia agreed cheerfully, although if she were honest, she didn't forget the names of heroes too much. After all, they were what she wanted to be when she was young. But at the moment, she honestly could not remember much of the heroes. Quite odd. She couldn't remember much after what happened a few days after this day. 'It must be the forgetfulness that Maya was talking about.' Despite seeming to be forgetful and clumsy, she was quite the opposite. 'Maybe I'll check online later.' She's quite curious about the changes that happened. They were small details but not everything in memory is accurate. Especially this first day of school. She wondered if she even still exists as a hero and whatnot. Before straying too far into her thoughts, Emilia decided that it was a thought for another time and instead focused on her current agenda. "Cool! I'm terrible at finding books in the library. It's just so huge and especially the top shelf, man it's sometimes a little bit too high for me to reach."

Lizette Clark
While there was no difficulty in returning most books to their proper sections, there were those that she had a hard time to find. 'These are from the reserved section. If I'm not mistaken.' Well, of course she had access to that. It just took her some time to realize where they went because she didn't expect that the head librarian had delved into books so much. 'Well, he is a librarian. It's only normal.' She mentally told herself, wondering why she would think otherwise. As she returned books, she found others with a similar genre. It was refreshing to see how many painted gods in such a fair light with their flaws and whatnot unlike how most books were in public libraries where gods were always benevolent. Granted, there were those types of books in the library as well but it was nice to know the library wasn't biased. She did not have any relations with gods, after all, she was born from a demon and not a god. It was just irritating to her that demons would be so hated for being flawed, evil and bringers of bad luck when gods were the same. 'Well, they're both just as evil if you ask me. Not much difference with a human being.' She thought as she finished returning the last book she held.

When she came back, she found that there were others in the library. Well, just a pair which wasn't a lot. She much preferred that there were only a few in the library but all the same, she wasn't much of a talker or a fan of interacting. When she got back, the librarian was still there, not that she was expecting him to move. Honestly, there isn't much work to be done just yet. It was usually busier after the first few days of class have finished and people needed to find books for their subjects. Before those days, it would most likely just be students wanting to escape the heat from outside. She sat down at the same spot where she was seated before and waited to see if the students needed anything.