Steampunk Expeditions: The Lost Jungle Temple (Sign-up and OOC)

• Thread starter The Wandering Magus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Wonderful! A private doctor! I wonder what we may be facing that would require him, but whatever it may be, it will definitely be fun! Right, Abadagu!?"

Dikeledi frowns at Conell and only shakes his head.

(Ya'll need an engineer!)

Name:
Viola Cooper
Job (doctor, archaeologist, botanist, mechanic, etc before you decided to join): Engineer/Mechanic
Appearance (description or image; please spoiler images):
Viola.png
Personality (leader, follower, proud, vengeful, etc): Rude, brash, blunt, likes to drink, loves her work, egotistical, hedonistic
Origin (London, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Cairo, etc): London
Background/Biography: Georgia Cooper's Flying Wonders are well known in London. Viola was born with a wrench in her hand and a rude word on her lips. But a more skilled engineer is hard to find. She can (and will, with or without permission), fix anything. However, she quickly grew tired living in her mother's shadow and set of to find her fortune, only to come up broke and homeless. In a last ditch effort, she's joined an expedition looking for riches to bring home.
Reason for coming (seeking wealth, knowledge, boredom, bitter past, etc): Wealth, and some adventure
Inventory (clothes, tools, weapons, etc): Tools (hammer, wrench, screwdriver, drill) Spare parts (gears, cranks, gaskets, fuses, etc)., clothing, several cases of brandy, books (mostly manuals and engineering references), wooden flute, two pistols
Steampunk accessories (digging machines, special weapons, portal flying machines, etc. Must be portable when disassembled, because we're going through a jungle): Mechanical wings with a maximum duration of use of 15 minutes, typically used for in-air repairs. Must be recharged for around 45 minutes before they can be used again. Folds down into a rucksack.
Skills (can identify plants, knows different languages, photographic memory, studies ancient civilizations, etc.): Repair, building, welding, scraping, mouthing off, intermediate pistol fighting.
Have you read and agreed to all the rules?: Yes

Accepted, Ma'am! Glad to have you aboard the Fortune.

Conell jumps up from his cusioned chair. "Look Abadagu! Another to join us in our little foray! Welcome Miss Cooper! Come, share a Bourbon with me!" Once again, Dikeledi shakes his head and sighs at the use of that nickname.

feel free to post when you will, the forums are back :)

"My Appologys for the lateness aparently my bording details were a bit delayed"

aka due to the update it forgot to notify me of the ooc messages and ive only now realised ive been accepted

"Meh things happen its not like Ive missed pages apoun pages of gameplay and the Ships left without me"

"It Would not be the first time Ryo when youve missed your arival due to your sleeping"

"Hang on A second Kai its you im defending your the one late to the game "

"A Gentalman is never late, there politly overdue"

"Excuses excuses"

Hold the boat, hold the boat!
Name: Rorik Palisade
Job: Hunter
Appearance: A scarred old warrior permanently tanned and calloused. He never lets his beard grow beyond a stubble, and his brown mane hasn't been properly combed in years. Strong, but not overtly muscular, he likes to wear thick, tough clothes even in the hottest weather. His favorite pastime is smoking cigars and reading cheap romance novels.
Personality: A cynical leader, though he is a lone wolf first and foremost. He believes the tried and true methods are usually the best.
Origin: Moscow, Russia, but he wanders, bunking up with old associates he comes across. He just spent some time in Mumbai, so his accent is currently a touch Indian.
Background: He's hired by various people for his skill at surviving just about anything – circumventing death is his specialty. Recently, he's hunted tigers in India (and, as a side-benefit, saved a village from being nibbled), guided archaeologists through Egypt (the raiders there can be absolute murder), and walked across Siberia to visit a sick comrade (by the time he got there, he had recovered).
Reason for coming: Looking for work – Africa seems promising enough.
Inventory: For leisure: a pack of cigars, freshly rolled in Thanjavur; a series of paperbacks by an unknown romance novelist; a change of clothes; a bar of soap. For survival: a water purifier; a large hunting knife; a smaller blade; sixty feet of rope; a spool of string; a lighter; a pound of dried meat and biscuits. For combat: A modified pistol and musket; several pounds of ammo. For carrying all this stuff: a leather backpack; a hip holster; a back holster; an ammo pouch.
Steampunk accessories: A little mechanical toy he picked up in Germany – it's a bit of a good luck charm to him.
Skills: Tracking, combat, bits of many of languages
Rules?: Yea!

Accepted, Mr. Palisade! Welcome aboard the Fortune!

Waiting on Koene, unless the two of you want me to post your things first.

Well, if you're free enough to post, I don't see why not to, unless you PREFER to post a whole lot at the same time... x3

I generally do x3 but if you need me to, I can :3 I do wish all of you would interact on occasion though x3 cuts down on the GM posts.

Sorry, sorry!
I'll give you a quickie for now.

Notice: if Morning Glory does not post by just past midnight after Sunday on PST time, her character will fall unconscious and/or enter NPC mode until she returns.

I think Viola fainting would be a good way to move the plot, actually.
Rorik takes her up to Dr. Swift, they get to talking, maybe a passenger gets airsick...

Else Rorik will probably just wander off to his room and play with his German trinket for a while.

It might make things intresting, I know Im yet to post my responce yet apologys on that minor rut recently but ill post probaly tommorow, but yea some more player interaction could be fun

sounds like a plan. If Morning Glory does not post by the specified time, her character faints (from surprise, the heat, hitting her head at an inopportune time, etc), and Rorik gets to take her to the doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.