QHAWEhW.jpg

Character Index

YuzukiB.jpg

When first she arrived in this world…
Her first experience was coming across a man that she found out later was from her future. Centuries in the future. They two were then nearly attacked by a being that had the attributes of a cat, but walked as a man. She had thought it some kind of demon, intending to steal her soul away. And then she met a pirate, again from a possible future of Earth. A man wearing a face similar to one she knows. One after another in this world she has come across beings she should never have encountered. Beings both strange and frightening. Those born not even in her century. Born in a world she still can not comprehend. Great massive birds made of steel that people sit in. Horses that aren’t horses, that again are made of metal. Wars involving the whole of the world… two of them in fact. She has met Kings and Queens… great mystics… murderous men… and fairies riding upon puppies. After all of this she has seen… she has tried to hold onto what is precious to her heart.

Her morals. Her beliefs. Her honor. Her sense of duty. Her sense of service.

But she has been tested… more than once. She has killed men for no reason, other than a vengeful heart. She has cowered away from a battle. She was ready to kill that boy that raised words her the King.

And now… she feels she is being tested once more.

Leonidas’ words… it’s surely to be… would be meant as complimentary in his own world. But that’s not exactly what Yuzuki hears. Oh, to be sure, when he mentions her eyes… she’s sure he doesn’t totally mean physically. His eyes are round, just as everyone else around her. Well.. save for Benjie. His eyes are the only normal ones here on a strictly physical basis. But she feels like that’s not what Leonidas means. Those who have been in true battle, there is something always there in the corner of their eyes. A hardship that no amount of years can dissuade. She has seen it in her father’s eyes. In Ryo’s eyes. But in order to see it, you must also possess it. She sees it in Benjie’s eyes, in Anne’s eyes. But more than that… there is that scent.

A scent imperceptible to all, save for those that have it also. A scent of blood. Not physically bloodied, of course. But once you have spilled blood with your hands, that stench is always there. Perhaps not on your skin, but certainly in your soul. And it’s that stench she perceives in Leonidas also.

He turns his attention to Niji as Yuzuki silently stares up at him. When he reaches out to the unicorn, she lets out a startled whinny and rears her head up a little. She huffs a few times from her nostrils, and then cautiously leans her head towards his hand, staring at him wide eyed. Yuzuki then also looks towards Niji, her hand coming up to caress the side of Niji’s leg gently to keep her calm. To keep her reassured. “It was she that chose me. Her mother found me in an ally’s camp, and brought me to her. Niji…” Yuzuki glances to Leonidas “Her name is Niji… observed me, and decided I was to be her partner. We protect one another.” She says with a nod. She pats Niji’s leg, and then looks back up to Leonidas as she speaks in a firm tone. “I have known nothing but a warrior’s life. All those that have fought me, they now lie dead. Either at my hands or their own. I am small, yes.” She pauses. “I know you probably didn’t intend for it to sound the way it does… I think my medallion still isn’t exactly right yet… but what you say sounded rather disrespectful.” It seems she is taking his words a little to literally. “I assure you, I am a warrior. I have destroyed much larger foes than yourself.” Might… be an exaggeration. “And should you wish to use me as a throwing weapon… I promise you would be dead before you could unleash me. The moment your hands touch me without permission, I would indeed end you.” She says all of this with that little charming smile of hers. She doesn’t sound like she’s threatening, just stating facts. Again, she’s sure what he says is perfectly fine in his world. But not in her world.

But then… they aren’t in their worlds anymore, are they?

”Perhaps…” she says in a musing tone, looking towards Niji. “I am born of Gods. Perhaps I am the great Goddess, born again in this world. Or a demon born, born into this world.” She looks back towards him. “I have not decided yet.” She says with a soft chuckle.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Gands and Nomad-22
It appears Grimm is a straight shooter of a man. Benjie can very imagine the hunter wouldn’t fit with high society nor care to for that matter. For a few seconds the Filipino was confused when Grimm asked if his homeland was beyond a place called Moscoiva. Realization subsequently came to him upon recognizing the first half of the name as related to Moscow.

“Yes it is far beyond that land trust me.” Ben confirmed to the Woodsman.

Likely someone who lived near Russia, but where exactly I can’t place. The other man, however is certainly British, a capable one at that if his boasts are true.

Benjie pondered to himself without airing this opinion out loud. Soon Grimm pointed at his gun and the resistance fighter smiled, shaking his head no. “This is not a walking stick but a weapon called a carbine. It can shoot metal projectiles or bullets as they’re named that can wound or kill at a certain distance if aimed properly.” He answered, displaying the gun from the barrel to the trigger.

Benjie further added. “I would demonstrate but this weapon is almost empty to be honest. Have to save what’s left for the fight ahead.”

He snickered as Anne proclaimed herself the leader of their group and mentioned the cat people. “More or less true Anne here is our leader.” The Filipino acknowledged before adding. “Call me Ben or Benny if it helps. I don’t mind at all.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunruffle and Gands
Grimm looked at Anne in confusion as she pinched her nose. "A waterfall...inside a house? How is that possible? There are no mountains in sight." After pondering just how a massive waterfall could fit inside a house, Grimm shrugged and turned back to Benny. "Well met Ben, your umm..carbeen is strange. But if you swear by it then I guess it must be useful." Looking around and frowning, Grimm reached into his bag and unrwapped the male manticore head. Grabbing it by the shaggy hair, he brought it out and showed it to Benny and Anne. "Is there a way to keep this fresh? Or get just the skull? I want this to be my first hunting trophy." The severed head still looked fairly fresh. The mouth hung open to reveal razor sharp teeth, and angular dimensions when seen up close showed how it was an inhuman monster.

Looking over at the unicorn, Grimm huffed impatiently. He wanted a turn to pet the magical creature, but the muscly shirtless man was still there. Casting his eyes up to the palace, Grimm gave it a mean squint. "Royals, always hiding and never doing any work." Turning to Benny, Grimm nodded at the massive palace. "Beware trusting anyone of noble birth, they will sell their own mothers if it means they live another day. If I could go back home I would feed that fat bastard to the bear that killed me." Trailing off to unhappy mumblings, Grimm occupied himself by making sure the open neck of the manticore head was still adequately stuffed with grass.

@Ms.Ezra @Camleen @Nomad-22

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad-22
Sir Richard Francis Burton

"We've really only been here a couple of days. Quite busy those days, but only the two days. Less for King Leonidas. One of our encounters was a couple of monsters right out of myth. Manticore, if you believe it. Two of them. Grimm here took one down with his crossbow. Nasty creatures, poisonous and quite clever. "

He does shake Anne's hand after she introduces herself. He carefully gives her a thorough visual examination. She is roughly dressed, carrying musket pistol, sword and dagger. She does seem like a fine healthy woman. The bit of Irish in her accent doesn't deter him in his mind. He himself has some Irish ancestry himself. He nods in approval of her proclamation of leadership. Curious, she seems to use naval terms, crew? Her previous experience in leadership was probably not official military, which during the time her fine tricorner hat proclaims her to be from, didn't appreciate women in the military. This means... pirate... curious. In the back of his mind, Burton did feel a certain amount of appreciation for Anne.

As Grimm goes into his not unexpected royalty rant, Burton's body language says he's heard this all before. He begins to look around. With everyone largely focused on Grimm and the man's unique and very pungent odor. Burton has an eye on the Japanese woman ( he is still guessing) and Leonidas talking a little bit away.

" Pardon me won't you, I think perhaps I should go and distract Leonidas. I am not entirely certain how well an ancient King will hold his temper when dealing with anyone from a culture so famous for how strict it is. I have not tested these Medallions over much and it occurs to me, they probably don't translate cultural bias. We nearly had an incident yesterday ( glances at Grimm ). Grimm, perhaps you would consider a bath ? You are still covered in Manticore blood and guts my friend, and while the glory of your incredible kill is still fresh, the smell of it is memorable ! "

With that, he walks over towards Leonidas and the Samurai, wearing now a cheerful demeanor.

" Your Majesty, may I speak with you privately for a moment ? { He bows with a slight bend at the waist, first to Leonidas, then holding it while turning to face Yuzuki} Pardon me madam!""

Harry Houdini

Harry is quiet, observant and enjoying the scent of his cigar as much as he can. He is happy Anne came over. He gives her a brotherly pat on the shoulder and does note Burton's eyeballing. Harry does note to himself that everyone here, all of his fellow strangers are warriors... except him. Even the barbarian Grimm has a fierce demeanor.

As Burton starts to walk away... He whispers to Anne.

(Whispered ) " I think he likes you Captain ! "

Harry notes again, Burton's sense of duty, even to newly met comrades such as Leonidas. It may not have been easy given what he had just heard from Grimm about royals. That being said, Leonidas is not a royal in the sense that Grimm is talking about... The king is Spartan and plainly a warrior of the first order.

@Ms.Ezra @Dunruffle @Camleen @Nomad-22

Sparta had never yielded a strong horse culture like other city-states of Greece. Only the necessary number to make their society function economically, and their cavalry was the smallest of any army in Greece. Leonidas is therefore unfamiliar with horses in general and clueless how this unicorn will react to his hand but he does it anyway. A man is allowed to indulge his curiosity. He pets Niji from the middle of those wide eyes to down her snout while listening to Yuzuki. She clarifies that the amulet’s translation was correct; this woman was a born warrior. From the other side of the world for all he knew. Leonidas chuckles at her assertion she’s killed men bigger than himself. Hearing her talk brings a twinge of longing to the king he has stayed off since coming here, losing it in the adrenaline rush of combat and the confusion of learning more of this world. He thinks of his Queen, of Gorgo.

When they’d parted that last time, he’d told her if he did not return to marry a good man and bear good children. Now he wonders how long before she did even if she could. And what was he to do if he was not dead, but farther from his wife than he’d thought possible?
Questions for later. Or never.

“And I, bigger things than I.” He quips then says “I apologize if I offended you. If you are of a god I know even the blood of Heracles in my veins will not stay the wrath of my punishment.”

Then Burton comes over, and asks him for an audience. Leonidas takes his hand away from Niji and nods before walking away with him away from most of the others. He crosses his arms over his chest. “You may speak Burton.” He tells him, though unsure why he’d want to talk with just him right now.

=======================

Anne doesn’t bother trying to explain the shower to Grimm, as she honestly didn’t fully understand how it worked either. Never the most technical sense in her head. Her attention is on Benny when he explains his carbine to the unkempt man, and she adds in when he’s done “I be to blame for a few shots being wasted. My own are about as good as clubs it seems.” She says patting the pistols holstered to her. They each have one shot and she’s waiting for something she can’t miss when she can’t afford to miss. The man, Burton, has a very interesting tale about their adventures in this world up to now. Manticores don’t ring any bells with her, as she’s not very literate and hadn’t had any school or heard the mythical stories of such beasts.

She watches Burton walk away and says in reply to Harry's whisper with a smile" Course he likes me. Best lookin' woman here."

When Grimm brings out his ‘trophy’ Anne makes small but audible wretching sound. “Good God man. You killed a man and took his head?” She asked and, in spite of her disgust, looked closer. “An ugly bugger too. That why ya killed him?” Then she saw the teeth, and recoiled “Nevermind, I see why. Good on ya.”

Last edited:
YuzukiB.jpg
Every few moments Yuzuki would glance over to Niji. Perhaps to make sure she is behaving around the new stranger, since she can be sassy at times. Or so Yuzuki has found. Or perhaps just to make sure Niji doesn’t suddenly become frightened. Since, despite his demeanor, Leonidas is an intimidating man.

She does find herself a little amused with his response to her words. For some reason she is surprised by what he says. Most men take such a statement as a sort of challenge, and perhaps that’s what Yuzuki had expected from Leonidas. Expected, or perhaps was secretly hoping for. To test one’s skill against such an obviously seasoned opponent would be a thrill. But instead… he relents. Ever so slightly does her head tilt to one side as he excuses himself to speak to another man… Burt-on. They move away, and Yuzuki just quietly watches them for a moment.

Head first she has been plunged into this odd new world. A world of unicorns, future men, futuristic pirates (from her perspective), fairies on puppies, and of Kings. But still… she has found herself being surprised once more. She had almost thought that she was beyond that by now… but she finds herself surprised by Leonidas’ reaction to her words.

Pleasently surprised.

She does half bow to Burton in response to his greeting, but she gives no outwards sign otherwise. Her brown eyes draw towards the unicorn at her side, just as Niji abruptly pushes the side of her head against Yuzuki. This brings a smile to the Japanese woman’s lips as she pets the unicorn’s mane. “Ey ey” she says softly. Yuzuki looks back towards Leonidas and Burton, resisting the urge to intrude upon their conversation. As much as she might want to. Her gaze drifts towards the little group surrounding Anne, her brows furrowing a little.

She notices Benjie showing off his ghost weapon… and she is reminded of something. Niji lets out a little startled snort as she bobs her head up and down, and Yuzuki feels the unicorn’s urge to get some distance. At first Yuzuki doesn’t know why… and then she catches sight of the manticore head. Somehow, she knows that is what’s making Niji nervous. She is native to this world, so she recognizes something that is threatening to her own life. Even if it is just a head, it still freaks Niji out a little. Yuzuki looks to the unicorn once more, scratching her muzzle gently. “Calm… calm…” She moves along Niji’s large form to the saddle. Her saddlebag, to be more precise. She unties the top of the saddlebag, and pulls out a smaller bag. One that looks like it has something relatively heavy in it. Yuzuki then motions towards Leonidas and Burton with a tip of her head as she speaks once more gently. “Go.” Without a second thought Niji immediately trots towards Burton and Leonidas, her muzzle pressing into Burton’s back for a moment to announce her glorious arrival. She lets out a sharp huff as she then raises her head towards Leonidas, tipping it up and down a little as she stands near Burton. Her front hooves gently pound against the ground as she stands there, and she tries to show off the single horn protruding from just above her brow. It doesn’t glisten like her mother’s horn does, but she’s still quite proud. And she knows these humans should be impressed with it nonetheless.

Yuzuki moves towards Anne’s group now, her long brown hair swaying gently as she does. She, frankly, does her best to keep her eyes averted from the monstrous thing Grimm is carrying. Because… just ugh. She does glance to Grimm of course… he is a killer also. But there is something different in him. He seems more a hunter, frankly. Perhaps not as practiced in the execution of men, as he is a hunter of the wild. And as for Harry… she still has yet to really meet him. Well either man, really. Or the man she stops near, Benjie. Yuzuki looks towards Anne a moment “Excuse me.. with your permission… I think either you or him” she motions to Benjie “should have this, instead of me. I do not feel comfortable with it any longer.” Yuzuki reaches into the bag, and carefully pulls out the contents. She holds laying in her hand a pistol, a Nazi pistol to be precise. She holds the pistol out to Benjie as she speaks in a calmed tone. “It was used towards me… and then stopped. I think it ran out of arrows.”
astra903.jpg

Yuzuki… is fairly intelligent. She knows the gun doesn’t fire arrows. But from her perspective.. she has no other word for ‘bullet’. In her time guns were just starting to be used, and even then it was just lead balls. But still, Yuzuki wasn’t familiar at all with guns in her time. She had never even seen one.

She rattles the bag, and one would hear a couple ammunition magazines for the gun rattling together. “I did not know how to nock more into it, and so I kept it hidden away.”

A female samurai suddenly seeming to have a Nazi handgun out of nowhere seems an odd thing. It didn’t just appear magically to her out of nowhere. In fact, if one would look close enough they would see a few spots of blood on the barrel of the gun. Blood of the gun’s previous owner.

Reactions: Dunruffle and Gands
Ben was coming to the opinion that Grim was without doubt an outdoorsman. Sure he himself had gotten used to living off in the wilds but that was born out of wartime necessity. The hunter seemed to be one who embraced nature wholeheartedly. Subsequently Grimm proceeded to display a decapitated trophy for them all to see. It wasn’t the fact that he was staring at a severed head because Ben seen plenty of those before(a number of them caused by his own blade). No rather it was the inhuman features staring back that suprised Ben who grimaced.

“Halimaw.” He commented in Tagalog. The idea of mythical beasts noble or foul finally set in Benjie’s mind with Niji and the manticore head now as proof. “I sure hope Aswang don’t exist here.” Ben added out loud still looking at the dead monster’s head. When Grim went on a rant about royalty, the guerrilla fighter listened and felt some sympathy when it was revealed the huntsman had been devoured by a bear because of some prince. Personally he did not share a hatred for nobility(except for the ones who were Japanese) but the segreant wasn’t a defender of that class either.

Soon enough Ben watched the Englishman Burton strolled over to talk with his Spartan companion. Some things never change, British always seem love to keep things in order. So he thought when Yuzuki rode over to their direction, causing the Filipino to tense up at the approach but did nothing else. The samurai proceeded to show a new pistol to Anne and him, while relaying how she got it. The original owner certainly lose judging by the blood stains on the weapon.

As for the gun itself, it took Ben seconds before recognizing the type.

“That’s an Astra Model 903. It’s a semi-automatic handgun, made from Spain in the 1930s. A Spanish navel officer visiting my homeland showed off a similar model like this to me once. Of course it was shortly before he sail back to his country which was experiencing a bloody civil war at the time. His people also sold this type of weapon to other armies as well.”

Done with the commentary Benjie turned toward his pirate associate, saying. “Anne I know you’re more than capable of shooting guns but if you wish I can show you how this one works.” As much as Ben would like another firearm he felt the Irish woman needed it more than him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands and Dunruffle
Grim watched as Yuzuki walked over and began talking to Benji. From the way she carried herself and the foreign looking blade she carried Grimm assumed she must be some kind of knight. Of course the prospect of a small woman leading a war party gave him pause, but it seemed that nobody was questioning her martial prowess. Deciding to abandon the notion of questioning the smaller woman, Grimm tied his trophy to his belt and watched curiously as Yuzuki handed over the weapon.

Still not entirely convinced that Benji's stick and the small metal box thing were actual weapons. Grimm turned his attention to Harry. "You there, skinny man. What sort of man are you? You look soft and wear strange clothes. Are you a merchant of some sort?" Noticing movement in the background, Grimm watched jealously as the unicorn sought Burton and Leonidas' attention. Still not willing to give in and defer any sort of authority to Leonidas, Grimm simply huffed unhappily and stared at Harry

@Ms.Ezra @Gands

Harry Houdini

Harry watched the little merged group swirl around with new dynamic. The smell from Grim hasn't gotten better. Now with his prize literally out of the bag, it was in fact worse. Now, the unlit cigar wasn't enough. So, Harry lit his, taking in the glorious cigar smell, which just barely masked the incredible odor. Then Grimm talked to him.... Harry wasn't a wallflower or a social coward, taking his misfortune of being noticed by stinky hunter guy like a man.

"Me, not to worry sir, I am an entertainer, or I was. I am called Harry Houdini ! "

Harry started a simple hidden coin slight of hand trick and then bows to Grimm.

Last edited:
Sir Richard Francis Burton

Burton had come over to Leonidas with the intent of rescuing the other man from a social difficulty. Only to find out he didn't need rescuing.

" Forgive me Majesty, I had thought to relieve you from a social difficulty, only to find out that you are in fact very capable in that regard. I know a little bit about the warrior woman's people, and thought this could be a lot worse than what had happened with Grimm. "

He smiled at the king in such a way that said apology without admitting further fault.

" It does appear they intend to mix yourself, Grimm and I with the four others that we've just met. With that being said," (it is at this point the unicorn makes itself known)

He looks at the friend creature, reaching into a bag for some sort of food to give it, finding something like an apple he had saved for himself.

"Yes, you are beautiful and remarkable my dear unicorn !" He hands it the fruit and briefly rubs it's shoulder.

" So with that being said Majesty, I will leave in your capable hands your further adventures among these people, unless you would like my insufferable, know it all, opinion !"

This is said with a wide grin and a slight bow of his head.

"Shall we join the others ? "

LEONIDAS

“Ah, that.” Leonidas looks over at Grimm then back at Burton. “He spat at me, she only gave fair warning, and that I can respect.” He looks back over at the group, specifically Yuzuki but most probably wouldn't know that. “I am also, given what I've seen so far, inclined to believe she is of some divine lineage. The way she carries herself..” He trails off there as if going into a deep train of thought, but comes back to the present and to Burton, then Niji. He reaches out and pets the wondrous creature on the neck while listening to Burton and laughing “I would like your ongoing council Burton. I feel I am, maybe, one of the most out of place here. Being a King, but far from anything that makes one a King.” He says this last part with a softer tone, as he vocalizes what has been on his mind for most of the trip even as he had a good time with the Field Operatives of the Red Shield. Still petting Niji though absent-mindedly.

“Yes, let's join with the others.” He says and starts walking towards the group.

=================
ANNE

Being distracted by the Manticore head at the time, Anne doesn’t see Yuzuki coming over until hearing her and is surprised the woman has a gun she offers to either Benji or Anne or herself. “Oh, why thank you Zuki. Too kind.” She thanks Yuzuki but allows Benji to handle the pistol first. “Semi-automatic you say.” Anne says, not fully understanding what that means in regards to a weapon but assumes that makes it even deadlier. Which she loves.

“Thank ye Benji Boy. For now you hold onto it. Don’t think it’ll hold well in these holsters. I’ll have to make one for it.” She thanks Benjie and pats the holster on her right hip.

She witnesses Harry's trick in introducing himself to Grimm and gives a round of applause, visibly delighted “That's a neat trick Harry. Ya must be a good pickpocket if ya can do that.”

====================

The gathering of the Strangers has not gone unnoticed by the Red Shield. From the moment Anne was seen running towards Leonidas, most eyes had been following one group or the other; observing them quite blatantly as they all are wrapped up in each other. Some take notes on bits of parchment for later, ever diligent. Genessa has met up with the other Seniors across the courtyard, and don’t concern themselves with the gathering until one of the members comes up to them.

“Seniors. Pardon my intrusion, but the rest of us were wondering when we’d be moving into the palace?”

“We are waiting for The Overseer and one last member of the King’s Council.” Odalwa answers him.

“The Overseer?” He asks, surprised.

“Yes, he is required to be present for any meeting between the sovereign and our guild.” Genessa explains and adds “We are not allowed to enter without him leading.”

“Understood. I will spread the word.” The informal messenger gives the salute and set to his task. Genessa's meanwhile looks over at the group of Strangers in time to see Yuzuki pass on what turns out to be a weapon to Benji.

Ever diligent, she asks of Odalwa “Can those people be trusted with their weapons?”

“Yes, they have so far proven trustworthy. The woman with the black hair, I understand, is the personal guard of King Richard and saved the Royal Family herself in the attacks earlier.” Odalwa explains and assures his colleague.

“I will trust your word then.” Genessa concedes.

It is then that the previously quiet sky comes alive. Alive with the calls of a few approaching Griffins. All eyes look to the sky, and see five coming down with the sun at their back. The Red Shield Guild don't appear alarmed by this, nor should the group who had ridden the creatures before.

Anne, recalling her last experience with that sound and those sights, quickly snatches the pistol from Benji and points it up at the sky, tries to get a bead on one of the incoming Griffins.

“Hell! They're coming!” She yells and prepares to squeeze the trigger the moment she can get a shot lined up...

Ah, good. One of the Maleese have already been trained to be cordial to those of her ilk. As soon as Burton reaches out with the apple, Niji leans her head forward and chomps down on it. She tilts her head back as she gobbles delightedly on the apple, letting out a happy winney sound once it is fully devoured. Leonidas and Burton then wander back towards the group proper, but Niji takes only a step or so in that direction. She draws her head up high and lets out a loud snort as she stares in the direction of the group, and her body then tenses up as she darts away from them. She trots for about 10 feet, a few Maleese children (their skin a bright red color) try to wrangle her. She stays put, her front hooves pounding against the ground as the children pet her coat gently, as if trying to calm her.

Yuzuki looks over her shoulder towards Niji, and then she looks discretely in Grim’s direction. Her eyes then fall on the manticore head, and she feels a faint shiver run up her spine. She draws her eyes to Niji again, and then speaks as she looks back towards Grim, motioning to him. “Ey, ey. Get rid of that thing if you wish to be with our group. You are frightening my mount.” She motions to Niji with her head. “And you stink.” She says matter of factly. She doesn’t mean to sound so snobby or harsh. But she can almost feel how frightened Niji is. In their short time together, she has learned to read Niji’s actions and behavior. And it doesn’t help she was an accomplished equestrian in her own world. She is sure Grim is a fine fellow, and she would get along well with him. But at this moment… her partner is frightened. “Please.” She adds after about a 3 second pause.
Harsh but polite. That might be Yuzuki in a nutshell.

WhiteGuardArmor001.png
Now near the balcony another sort of stirring, some movement about it. 3 members of the White Guard emerge upon the balcony, followed by a woman. The guards move cautiously, their spears at the ready. Though they have asked the woman they escort to not come forward, she does. Of course. Its her safety they fear, especially after what just happened here. The young lady is clad in an elegant long gown, dark blue in color. Shimmering jewelry hang from her neck and wrists, as well as her pointed ears. She is young, maybe 17 or so. Okay, she is 17. Her long blond hair is tied into an elegant bun, strands of her hair hanging about her shoulders. Her dark eyes look down towards those gathered, and more than a few around the Strangers whisper about the Princess suddenly making herself known. This time the actual Princess. A handmaiden comes up behind her, whispering into her ear. The Princess shakes her head, motioning to the stairs leading down. Her guards look towards one another, and they seem to discuss something. And as they discuss… the Princess huffs and walks right passed them, heading to the stairs. A few moments later she emerges in the courtyard itself, her hands folded in front of her in the sleeves of her gown. Her guards catch up with her, as does her handmaiden. She looks over the group quietly, her eyes still half open as she seems to study them all. A few of those around the Strangers half bow to her, a few others calling out in greeting.

“The Princess!”
”Shalana!”
”Her Young Highness!”

With the crowd, Yuzuki looks towards the Princess. She instantly recognizes her from the royal protraits. She feels relieved to know she is safe. In the back of her mind, she had feared the worst when the Queen told her the Princess had left. Yuzuki’s thoughts are interrupted with the sound of the Griffins, with Anne’s declaration. “Kih!” She spats out, reaching over and unsheathing one of her swords. She stands at Anne’s side, squinting as she looks towards the skies.

And Princess Shalana… she does not react to the sound of the Griffins. She just studies the odd Strangers silently, her eyes drawing over them one by one..

Nodding with understanding at his pirate comrade’s request Benjie turned to watch Houndi performed a little demonstration for the curious Grim. When Anne commented about it, Ben sniggered, remarking. “You have no idea my Irish friend. Harry here made a living doing even greater tricks and daring escapes back in his time.”

As soon those words left his mouth Yuzuki suddenly started demanding Grim to remove his head torphy if he wanted to stay with them. Then she said he smelled. Well the last part was true but the fact it was the samurai presume to give commands again did not much earn respect from him. Ben was about to roll his eyes in disgust but stopped when noticing the frightened unicorn nearby with a couple of children comforting her. Where else the resistance fighter did not had much sympathy for Yuzuki but Niji was a different story.

“Kawawa naman.” He said in Tagalog with a concerned tone, looking back at Niji. Benjie now hated the idea of such a innocent creature being anywhere near the horrors that is surely to come in this coming war. It was in the next moment the islander caught sight of a teenager escorted with guards and a handmaiden in tow. The half bows and vocal acknowledgements given by the locals given to her made Ben realize this was the real princess.

Guess this royal is the curious sort, judging by the looks she’s giving us.

His thoughts on the matter ceased upon the cries of winged beasts descending from above. Remembering how the enemy attacked that camp yesterday from above, Ben swifty raised the carbine and aimed. However, out of the corner of his eye the man from Luzon noted none of the natives were preparing to fight nor the princess fleeing to safety. Guessing whoever is flying on the beasts must be with their hosts, Ben lowered his gun and said to Anne.

“Wait hold your fire.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
Grimm looks at Harry's cigar curiously as he lights it, the only thing similar back on his time was an old fashioned smoking pipe. When Harry performed his little coin trick, a ghost of a smile graced Grimm's face before returning to it's normal frown. "I see, a person who can bring joy to others is always welcome to those who need to raise their spirits." When Yuzuki sternly asked Grimm to put away his trophy his first instinct was to ignore her. But upon seeing the mystical unicorn in obvious distress the normally rude hunter relented. Being a hunter was not just about the killing and tracking, it meant understanding and being mindful of any animal you come across. Grimm's father often told him that the spirits of the wilds were always watching, and needlessly disrespecting animals could turn your luck sour in an instant. Sighing heavily, Grimm wrapped the manticore head back up in the scented cloth and tucked it back into his bag. Of course Grimm did not mind being smelly as it was often a hassle to bathe back in his world. "You smell a successful hunt, and as for the captured waterfall, I will believe it when I see it.

Hearing excited voices, Grimm looked around to spot the source. Seeing the princess descend with her Entourage immediately put a scowl on the bearded man's face. He would behave as Genessa of Red asked, but it did not mean he would be pleasent to anyone. Hearing the cries of Griffin's Grimm looked up and squinted as he watched the beasts descend. Though he was slightly surprised when Anne began yelling and aiming her weapon, he had assumed that tamed Griffin's we're common knowledge. Glancing back at the princess Grimm frowned and scratched his beard. Something about her seemed familiar and was an annoying thought to have floating around in his head. Grunting in annoyance, Grimm returned to watching the Griffin's.

@Ms.Ezra @Camleen

Last edited:
Harry Houdini

When Anne suggests he would make a good pickpocket, her replies..

" Thanks Anne, not something I've needed to do since I was twelve ( he chuckles ). These are old skills indeed. "

He is watching the reds around them. To a modern man, their attention to this small group is fairly obvious. Then Yuzuki comes forward to order the hunter Grimm. He'd like to think a modern person like himself would find a more reasonable way to ask. This woman is in his mind of an older generation. Grim handles it better that Harry would have expected.

" Thank you Grimm, hopefully our moral won't need much help in the near future "

Then the Princess appears on the balcony. He watches her ignore her guard and seems to be heading in their direction. Then... Griffons ? Along with the already present Unicorn, has Harry wondering just what kind of world he is in. The ladies Anne and Yuzuki having had a rough couple of days, ready themselves for battle with the griffon riders. He, like Benjy, notice that the Reds aren't reacting at all.

" He's right Ladies, the Red people aren't reacting at all to the Griffons. "

Sir Richard Francis Burton.

Burton continues to find himself admiring the old king. A skilled hand at diplomacy himself, he recognizes a natural talent when he sees one. They head back to the group, Burton finally noticing that the Red guilds people are watching them like the group of outsiders that they are. He watches from a bit away as Yuzuki wields her Samurai authority. Like Harry, he finds Grimm handling the woman's demands better than expected. He mentions it to the king as they move along.

( quietly to Leonidas ) " That could have gone a lot worse. "

Before they get back to the group, he notices the Princess and the people calling out to her.

( again quietly to the King ) " She and her personal guard were in that town we were in yesterday, they must have travelled all night like we did ! "

Finally returning to the group as Anne and Yuzuki prepare themselves for a fight, the smallish dark skinned soldier and the little Jewish fellow tell them everything is okay.

" The Red Guild people sometimes use Griffons for emergency travel. Whoever is coming in is probably who they have been waiting for. I hope you've all noticed that most of the red people have been watching as all, studying us. Part of their job is judgement of strangers. With this new threat, they are nervous as hell. About the enemy, about most of us... very much about firearms. We have a lot to talk about when we get settled in wherever they put us. Also, one last thing... The Red guild has a minor rivalry with the White royal guard if you haven't already noticed. "

Leonidas

As the two approach the group Leonidas also sees Yuzuki assert herself on the, in his mind, barbarian named Grimm and expects he'd be witnessing a beheading when the other man didn't take kindly to being told just as he didn't like Leonidas in their first meeting. Not that he wished ill of the man really, it's just what he expects. Yet that doesn't happen. Grimm does as the woman demands, and without quarrel.

"Yes much worse." He says in reply to Burton and keeps walking. When the Princess makes her entrance into the courtyard, Leonidas notes immediately that aside from being quite pretty, there is something else about her that feels otherworldly besides the obvious points of her ears. She looked very human, but wondered if their was something else in her that gave him this feeling. His attention is caught first by the sudden calls of Griffins overhead, and the red-haired woman pointing some type of weapon (He presumes) up at the incoming creatures. To this, Leonidas looks around and as the others have noted, also sees this is not distressing the natives. Except for Genessa. That one advances on the group quickly, that baton he'd seen her wield before in hand. Her eyes are tense, fixed on Anne. Leonidas stops short, stands and watches it all unfold. His intervention shouldn't be needed.

Anne

Before Genessa can reach her, Anne has already heeded the words of the others and brought the pistol down to point at the ground. "Alright...but if they're coming fer a fight, don't blame me."Anne says in a warning tone. Her eyes are still up, squinting and following the descent of the Griffins. Genessa stops short of confronting her, giving a relieved sigh and also looking up at the incoming creatures and their riders.

GM

The three Griffins circle the courtyard and land one-by-one. The first to land and dismount is a man in red garb like the Red Shield, but with the addition of a red and gold sash around his waist. His arrival prompts the Red Shield to stand at attention and give their salute. He responds in turn, says to them in a calm but authoritative tone "At ease Guild. Seniors, a word before we all enter." To which the Seniors, six in total including Genessa and the towering Odalwa, come forth and gather around him, following him as he goes to a corner of the courtyard.

The second man to dismount does so wearing purple robes, and with a loud groan while rubbing his lower back. "I say, I hate having to fly!" He complains to nobody in particular, looks around to the third rider as he dismounts. This third man is, for those who have encountered them, a Barbin, but very unlike any they have seen. He wears only a long skirt with intricate white and black embroidery, and is even taller and more robust than even Leonidas. Which causes the old King to, for the first time in a long time, feel small. Though he gives no indication of this as he watches.

"Ah. Looks like my daughter has official business to do first." The second man says looking off at the gathering of the Senior Red Shields and their Overseer. "Well then." He looks around, and sees the group. He smiles, and says to the Barbin man "Hah! I thought I saw a pack of Strangers coming down! Come Ambassador, let's introduce ourselves." The Barbin growls, but follows the man.

"Hello!" The man greets them all with open arms and a warm smile, stopping before the assembled group, even bows "I, am Denaro Orlock, Count of Therle." He comes out of the bow just as the Barbin comes up beside him "And this is -and please correct me if I'm wrong again- Roanar, Ambassador of the Plains Barbin. I know their language, and he only theirs, so I have the privilege of serving as his translator."

Roanar sniffs the air, and his ears perk as he catches the smell of, who else, Grimm. He comes up to Grimm rather suddenly, having another deep sniff of the air around the man.

"Oh dear..." Count Orlock says, a little worry in his voice. Anne looks on, wide-eyed at the Barbin upon his arrival, and says under her breath "Didn't think the cat people got that big and scary.." Leonidas, never seen a Lion Man like this, is made more confused by the uncanny feeling that he has nothing to fear from this being.

The Barbin male looks down at Grimm, and what he says to Grimm is translated for those with the amulets, but keeps a low rumbling bass. Those without only hear a series of growls and occasional snarl.

"You smell of the death of a Manticore." He sniffs the air again, and smiles. Said smile is filled with yellow sharp teeth. "The smell of a true hunter. I congratulate you, small man!" He puts two huge fur covered and clawed hands on either of Grimm's shoulders.

"Oh, well then. Appears he likes you." Count Orlock says, chuckling with a look of relief.

Reactions: Dunruffle
YuzukiB.jpg

Yuzuki remains in her ready stance as the Griffins descend towards them. Keep yourself calmed, she tell herself over and over in her head. She hasn’t had a good time, and her nerves are pretty shot by this point. Her fingers flex around the handle of one of the katana blades sheathed at her hip, the scabbards clacking together softly as she turns slowly. And as she turns, she catches sight of Genessa then advancing. Yuzuki is sudden in changing her stance, turning herself to face Genessa then. At this point, she almost feels like the field mouse. Skittish, fearing a hungry cat at every turn to suddenly be right over her. She doesn’t know on what front she needs to defend first.

As Anne speaks, Yuzuki relents slightly. She relaxes her stance, standing once more to her full height, her hand remaining upon the hilt of her sword. She looks so briefly in the direction of her comrades, ensuring they are alright at this point. Yuzuki’s attention turns in the direction of those that dismount the Griffins, not really recognizing any of them. But the way they carry themselves, how those of the lands react to them… they are important people. But perhaps as the others do, her eyes fall upon the Barbin. And those eyes widen a little as she sees him at his full height once he is off of the Griffin. “Uwa” she utters softly in astonishment at the sheer size of the Barbin. The Barbin of the village did have slightly more mass to them than herself, but this one… he’s just a beast of a cat… person.

Field mouse, indeed.

But despite the fact that Barbin could probably snap her in two if he were to get his claws on her, she begins an advance on him once he seems to start towards Grimm. Fortunately she only takes a couple of steps before she ‘hears his voice’, her amulet allowing her the translation of his words. She lets out a breath she hadn’t realized she was holding, visibly relaxing now.

Denaro Orlock… Roanar… she says the name in her head a few times in an attempt to memorize them. When dealing with ‘important’ people, it’s often little things like knowing names that keep them from scrutinizing you to much. And speaking of… she looks towards Burton out of the corner of her eyes as he speaks. She was aware of some kind of rivalry, rather she sensed a certain tension here. But she had thought it her imagination. “If we’ve a choice, it might be wise to hang onto whatever weapons we might have.” She says softly, then she looks towards Anne, and then Benjie. “And most especially your ghost weapons. Such things have been put to the wrong uses since the moment I came here.” Being on the business end of the guns on more than one occasion and all.

As the separate groups begin to acclimate, the Princess and her companions stand away from the group. She has studied enough on Stranger to be able to approximate what sort of eras these beings might have come from in their own worlds. Mostly judging by how they are dressed. She thinks should could put together a timeline of where in history they are from, in relation to one another. But as she watches them, the look on her face is of disinterest. Perhaps genuine disinterest.. but then why would she come here? No, she is interested in these beings. She always has been. And now times have been made even more unusual (in her mind), considering just how many Strangers have emerged all at once. It is almost… unsettling. As if there were some grand scheme afoot. A thought her Highness would never voice out of the blue, but keep such suspicions to herself. Roanar greets Grimm respectfully, and as if taking that as her cue the Princess moves forward towards the group. Her steps are measured, even her very stride seeming to have an edge of elegance to it. Her handmaiden and personal guard move behind her, never stepping ahead of her. And as she approaches the group, her dark eyes move from one to the other in order. She stops a moment before Harry, looking over his attire a moment before moving on. Her eyes then move to Burton, noticing he is clad in an outfit he could have gotten at one of the settlements. But she is still able to recognize him as a Stranger. Perhaps by the way he carries himself, or how he uses words. For a moment she stops before Benjie, not looking at his attire, but looking into his eyes. She narrows hers a moment as she watches him, and then she moves passed him. Her gaze, however, remains upon him as she moves. “Count Orlock.. good Embassador… welcome.” She says softly as she looks towards the two of them. She bobs in a curtsy to them both, her head dipping down slightly as she does. She stands fully then, her head tilting up a little to look towards Leonidas. He is… a very muscular man. And primitive (by Earthen standards), judging by the way he dresses. Or.. lack of the way he dresses. Her gaze lingers on him a moment more, and then she turns her attention to Anne and Yuzuki. The moment the Princess looks towards them, Yuzuki has taken a step back and bowed at her waist, her hand moving from her sword. The Princess moves towards Anne, nodding to Yuzuki. Stopping before Anne, she holds out her hand as she speaks. “The weapon you hold, I would inspect it please.” While she is ‘asking’, considering who she is it could be interpreted as more of an order.

And now the ‘threat’ seems to be gone to Niji. Grimm conceals his ‘prize’ from Niji’s eyes and nostrils, so the all clear is given also. Her front hooves stomp a few times as she playfully pushes at the child before her, causing him to giggle as he stumbles a few steps back. It’s then that the unicorn prances in the direction of the group, in the direction of Yuzuki. She slows her pace when her head tilts up suddenly and she lets out a loud snort from her nostrils. Her dark eyes linger on Genessa, and then Count Orlock himself. She stares at the Count intently as she lets out another snort, and then changes the direction of her trot abruptly. She puts a little more space between herself and the Orlocks (both the Count and Genessa), just out of caution. While they don’t pose a threat to the unicorn (which she could be easily convinced of), the fact she is unsure of the strangers (the Orlocks) makes her cautious. Niji comes up right beside Grimm and Roanar, nickering softly as she does so. It’s a soft nicker, a soft vibrating like sound with her mouth closed from her vocal cords. Given the tone and strength, it’s a greeting most likely. Her head leans down as she brushes her side up against Grimm and Roanar, her dark eyes looking in Harry’s direction. In her head she thinks… Say.. those are very nice and shiny buttons on your coat… and they look just delicious..

Burton’s little commentary about the red shield’s use of griffons brought reassurance to the resistance fighter. Of course having experienced surprise attacks repeatedly for the past two days Ben can very much relate to Anne’s point of view. It would be nice to get the chance to return the favor. All in good time I suppose. Benjie qiuetly to himself before when the rivalry between the White Guard and Red Shield was brought up. He saw it first hand last night following the inn attack.

“Different groups with different roles tend to rival one another, regardless of being on the same side. Let’s hope they don’t drag us into those squabbles too much. We got enough on our plate as it is without dealing with that.”

Whispered Ben so only the strangers in the group would hear it. When Yuzuki recommended they hold unto their weapons, specifically toward Anne and him. Deflino said nothing in acknowledgment, polite or not. As far as the man was concerned he didn’t felt the need for a reminder about the destructive use of modern weaponry. Much less from someone who has only experienced but a taste of its warfare.

Watching the legendary winged beasts descend was a sight to behold for Benjie. First Niji the unicorn, then the dead head of manticore Grim had, and now the griffons. This world held many living wonders and terrors. These were creatures only mentioned in ancient myths. It seems there were elements of truth in those tales after all. Ben mentally contemplated with growing curiosity.

The guerrilla soon watched what he assumed to be a high ranking commander of the Red Shield gather his personal for a briefing away from them. Subsequently, an elderly man in purplish robes came down from one of the other griffons who was quick to let all know of his discomfort with flight. Yet glancing upon the third rider, Ben’s jaw dropped, utterly awed. It was a cat man of massive height and a heavily muscled form with grayish fur.

By now the islander knew this wasn’t a dream but it felt like one at times. The elderly human while leading his feline companion soon approached their party and introduced them both. If this guy is a ambassador imagine the warriors these cat people must have. Keeping the opinion to himself Ben choose to return Count Orlock’s warm greetings with a professional salute as Harry would probably recognize as the style US military uses. Before he can say anything however, the Barbin stepped closer toward Grim and spoke while placing hands on the human’s shoulders.

Having no translating amulet Ben couldn’t make out what the growls and snarl meant. It was fortunate the old count explained the statement for them who couldn’t understand. Inwardly, the Filipino sergeant was relieved but the next moment the princess joined their little gathering. Maintaining a calm stance Benjie observed her approach the young royal soon locked eyes with his. She would find in his expression filled of weariness and caution with a hint of something much deeper he was trying to keep bottomed up inside.

Ben refused to look away but displayed no threat when the royal lady moved on a moment later. I don't know what it is but it’s feels like she is looking into my soul or something. The idea made him uncomfortable, reminding Ben of things he rather keep buried. The Filipino fighter refused to express the sentiment out loud. So when Niji made her presence known again with further antics it was a much welcomed diversion. A small grin came, once noting the unicorn’s fascination with Houndi’s clothes.

“Little one here is sure interested in your suit Harry.” He said in good natured amusement to the famed escape artist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ms.Ezra and Gands