Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Character Applications and List and here is the Info Dump!!
But don't forget the most important part....the IC Thread!!

You push through the crowded streets of Norcrest. It is the first year you have had the opportunity to attend the Festival of the Eternal Slumber, a festival in honor of the many oracles who have sacrificed themselves to hold back the shadows that once consumed all of Aganoth. The past few Festivals have been enormous since the current oracle is none other than Princess Ayalaiah, daughter of King Ikaros Drakon. Whatever your motives for coming to the festival, you can’t help but feel the energy of those around you as they are eagerly awaiting the King’s speech.

Making your way to the square, you let out a sigh of relief as you notice a spot where you can comfortably stand despite the sheer amount of people in proximity. You grunt as you squeeze through until you practically fall into the space you had been eyeing. A victorious breath escapes your lips as you lean against the wall, your eyes locked on the stage lined with heavily armed soldiers.

Time passes. You shade your eyes as the sun reaches its pinnacle. You begin to grow impatient when you accidently overhear the conversation beside you.

“I swear ta ya. I ain’t no liar, Danja. I saw it with me own eyes!”

“Magic ain’t real, Bruto. It’s nuttin’ more than a story parents tell their children,” the woman you assume to be Danja replies.

“I’m tellin’ ya, Danja. Harald was beatin’ Ebba when she put up her hand like this,” Bruto thrust his hand out palm extended toward Danja’s face, “He went flyin’ through the air like ole Robert when Etzel’s bull hit ‘em.”

You watch as Danja studies Bruto for a moment, a smile forming over her lips as you can only assume she is remembering the event mentioned. Suddenly she reaches out and grabs Bruto’s mug snatching it from his hands, “Me thinks you drinking ‘nough,” she says with a smile.

Bruto’s mouth opens in protest as his hands quickly grab his drink, “Gimme that,” he cries out. Once his drink is safely in his hand and Danja finishes laughing, he speaks up again, “Fine, don’t believe me. But I ain’t no liar.”

Your thoughts wonder to the tales you’ve heard about magic. The Gods bestowed it to man millennia ago as a tool to help them build, farm, and care for all their creations, but when the Gods disappeared, so did man’s guidance and restraint. Magic, without its teachers, corrupted mankind and spiraled Agganoth into a war that would claim countless in its wake. The stories speak of a group of paladins called the Aegis of Olric that devised a series of seals that locked away the mystical force removing destructive magic from ever being used again. Depending on the storyteller, you have even heard that all magic had been locked away to never be used again. With all the fantastical stories you’ve heard, one seems to send chills down your spine; the one of the Shadowmancer, Kiaros. You recall the nightmares you had when you were a child and had first heard the tale. You swallow hard and them smirk.

Magic isn’t real, so you have nothing to worry about.

A sudden commotion grips your attention. You watch as several of the guards step down from the platform and shove their way through the crowd. The curiosity of the crowd silences them enough for you to hear a faint voice coming from a young woman you can only see when people move a certain way.

“Get away from me! Don’t touch me! I’m warning you!”

It doesn’t seem like the guards are paying the woman any mind as they continue their march to her. Something tugs at you inwardly warning you that you might want to run, but you push it aside in the name of seeing this event through. You watch as the first guard reaches out and grabs the woman’s arm. She lets out a scream and the next thing you hear is a loud crack. Something slams against your chest throwing, and everyone else around you, back. Your head smacks hard against the streets. You look up through blurry eyes and after a few blinks you are able to raise your head enough to survey the damage. Destruction, flames, and the stench of death flood your senses. If it were not for the ringing in your ears, you could swear you would hear screaming. Suddenly, your vision begins to darken. One thought flashes across your mind as you lose yourself to the darkness.
Magic is real.

Welcome to the land of Agganoth! Life has been normal since you can remember, but with the breaking of the first seal, magic has begun to invade the lives of those who have a natural affinity to it. Ordinary people as well as those considered well off find themselves suddenly able to do things they were not able to do only moments before. Some are frightened while others embrace it. While they have these differences, one thing they both have in common is that they have no idea what this means for the people of Agganoth!

This is a Fantasy rp set in a medieval theme. You can play a character who suddenly has the ability to do things they weren't able to do or simply a person who's life has been changed because someone else has magic now. Either way, it will take both the gifted and ungifted in order to save the realm from the threat that also found its freedom in the breaking of the seals.

This is the OOC thread where discussions about the story can take place. If you have questions, ask them here and I will clarify them as best I know how. There is a link at the top that will take you to the character list and, eventually, the info dump. I look forward to playing with you all! Please read the rules before you decide to sign up!

1. Communicate. I know that some of us have very busy schedules and because of that, I am only asking that you try to write one post a week so that the story can progress. If you lose interest or cannot post, let us know so we can keep the story alive everyone involved.

2. Your character is not invincible. All players who opt to have a character who can now use magic will be playing a character who knows nothing of it and has to learn as you go. You character is not God, is not indestructible, and will not land every blow. Be realistic guys.

3. Be courteous of others. Be mindful when writing to not over-step your boundaries. If you are writing a scene with multiple characters, communicate with the other players and even collaborate on a post. Work together to write a great story; not against each other.

4.Posting Expectations. As stated above, I'm asking for one post a week barring extenuating circumstances. I am a college student, full-time employee, and a family man so I understand being busy. Also, I prefer that all players play at an Intermediate level at least. Sorry if this doesn't fit you, but I tend to enjoy that level of writing so much more.

5. I am the GM. My word is law. Having said that, I REALLY like hearing what players have to say because they can bring a fresh perspective that I did not think about. While I have the basic plot in mind, how we get there is up to US. Get involved. Throw some ideas my way and we can discuss if they can fit. If they don't, please don't take it personal. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the continuity of the story!

@BlueFadedRose @Kat @RJS @Elle Joyner @Ultra Paradox

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Reina and Greenie
(*subtly slips in that if there isn't one.. Elle lives for making maps*)

Please!!! Will make my life easier. XD I’m running a blank on my history; need a map and world building to help out lol

EDIT: I just saw all that worldbuilding omg

@DarinValore How is gender equality looking in each of the kingdoms? How do each of the kingdoms feel about a woman taking on a position of greater power (political or otherwise)?

Reactions: DarinValore
I have an unofficially penciled rough draft, but I am not an artist.
@Elle Joyner

Please!!! Will make my life easier. XD I’m running a blank on my history; need a map and world building to help out lol

EDIT: I just saw all that worldbuilding omg
@Kat
You talking about the worldbuilding in the Info Dump so far? It's rough stuff that'll get edited as we go.

Cythein is currently having an issue with their Empress because she's a woman (she hasn't been in power long). Most other cultures, save for the tribes in Tumar who view women as objects, believe that a woman can succeed where men can.

Reactions: junebug
I have an unofficially penciled rough draft, but I am not an artist.

If you'd like, you could PM me a picture of draft and I'd be happy to draw something up for you :)

This is just a rough draft of one I did a while ago... that I never finished cause it got murdered when my computer died *LOL* Prolly wouldn't be as detailed (since this was meant for commissions) but then again, I love details, so...
IYliMzL.png

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
@Kat
You talking about the worldbuilding in the Info Dump so far? It's rough stuff that'll get edited as we go.

Cythein is currently having an issue with their Empress because she's a woman (she hasn't been in power long). Most other cultures, save for the tribes in Tumar who view women as objects, believe that a woman can succeed where men can.

Thank ya! This helps me out a lot. ^.^

@Elle Joyner

My map has borders and capital city locations nothing more atm. Is there enough info in the Dump for you to detail the rest?

More questions sorry not sorry. XD

What kind of positions do the tribes of Tumar have? Given the inequality, is it safe to say that if a woman were to somehow gain a higher position (which seems to be extremely rare), she wouldn’t be there very long?

@Elle Joyner

My map has borders and capital city locations nothing more atm. Is there enough info in the Dump for you to detail the rest?

As far as terrain goes? As long as I can remember my east/wests (directional dyslexia ftw!) *LOL* Should be enough info :)

More questions sorry not sorry. XD

What kind of positions do the tribes of Tumar have? Given the inequality, is it safe to say that if a woman were to somehow gain a higher position (which seems to be extremely rare), she wouldn’t be there very long?

Very true, Kat. The tribes of Tumar are led by male chieftains, and because of the warlike nature of their existence, the strong are often rewarded above all else. Daughters are often wed for 'political' gain inside the tribe and a woman who cannot provide children is discarded even if it is the man's issue. Only the wife of the chieftain has a voice, but is more in ceremony than a place of power.

A woman who rises against the men of her tribe is often flogged into submission or put to death unless she escapes. If this were the case, then she would be hunted down for the disgrace. Headhunters have been known to cross into the mountains of Eldrassir if necessary to find their prey.

In Valburn, things are far more civilized seeing as it is a massive trade hub for all of Agganoth. The merchants on the council are not members of a tribe, but originate from outside the desert so they do not hold to the same cultural beliefs.

• Thank You
Reactions: junebug
Very true, Kat. The tribes of Tumar are led by male chieftains, and because of the warlike nature of their existence, the strong are often rewarded above all else. Daughters are often wed for 'political' gain inside the tribe and a woman who cannot provide children is discarded even if it is the man's issue. Only the wife of the chieftain has a voice, but is more in ceremony than a place of power.

A woman who rises against the men of her tribe is often flogged into submission or put to death unless she escapes. If this were the case, then she would be hunted down for the disgrace. Headhunters have been known to cross into the mountains of Eldrassir if necessary to find their prey.

In Valburn, things are far more civilized seeing as it is a massive trade hub for all of Agganoth. The merchants on the council are not members of a tribe, but originate from outside the desert so they do not hold to the same cultural beliefs.

So, to clarify, a male chieftain is the only position of power, correct?

Is everyone limited to only 1 School of Magic? I just think I'd be pretty cool if we can have a primary and a secondary which opens their uses in interesting directions depending on the combination of Schools. Of course, it doesn't have to be right at the start. What I'm asking is, is that possibility at least in the future. Just curious and all.

@Jays You can use all the forms of magic, but your school of affinity is the one that is easiest to learn and cast. So a good example would be if someone has an affinity to earth magic, the energy needed to move a boulder out of the way would be equal to the amount of energy they would need to strike a camp fire using fire magic. The camp fire is an easier feat, but because their affinity is toward earth magic, it takes more energy. Someone could use life magic to heal someone on the brink of death even if they don't have an affinity to it, but the consequences are going to be very high. Maybe they fall seriously ill for a few days or something like that.

Does that help?

• Useful
Reactions: Jays
Thanks for the quick response after that landslide of questions- Really helped inspire me to realize some cool ideas for characters. Hopefully you won't be too overwhelmed with all this interest you've generated too. I know I wouldn't mind being in either group if we're all doing cool magic stuff.

Also, really digging the little snippet of map that Elle did. The texture of the picture already is nice enough for me despite it only being a rough draft. lol

So, is Norcrest the capital of one of the kingdoms? Or is it completely separate?

Capital of Drakos. Did I forget to mention that in the Dump?
@Kat

@Wishlist That's not the map for Agganoth. That was an example she gave to show me what she could do. I have to get her my penciled draft so she has something to work with.

@DarinValore You mentioned Norcrest being a location, but it wasn’t obvious that it was the capital.

Thanks for catching that. I'll fix it.

Oh yeah. Don't worry. I saw that they mentioned it was something done for a commission. I just couldn't ignore it when I saw it. I really enjoy photo-editing and all the stuff that is bundled with it. Thought it would be nice to maintain a healthy appreciation for artistry.

That being said, a map of your world would be a delight to see whenever you've gotten it sorted out.