Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
I might end up posting this before the New Years, but I wanted to send a shout out to all my lovely players that have been with the Ascender Chronicles since RPN and now on iwaku. You guys have been so patient and understanding of not only my life, but of each other, and I've been blessed to collaborate such compelling and inspiring stories with you all as the plots unfold. I never thought I would not only be able to explore one of the many universes in my head with other creatives, but to also have these other creatives be just as invested in the stories as I am.

The Ascender Chronicles was first conceived as a NaNoWriMo book by the name of "Ascender" back in 2011. I never got past the first chapter, but I've thought a lot about the plot and how it was a story about the only redhead in existence becoming the last Dragon Warden, as I was obsessed with dragons and wished there were more stories depicting them as allies rather than enemies.

In May 2014, I joined rpnation, but didn't immediately GM anything as I wanted to get a feeling for how forum roleplay was done. Towards the end of that year I made my first interest check for The Dragon Wardens, receiving a lot of interest to the point where I was overwhelmed with submissions. I didn't think it would be that interesting of a plot! @Red Thunder, @CloudyBlueDay, and @Mactomaton are three of my original players that have stuck through it all!

Of course, it died after an 8 month run. @Red Thunder had made a character we all remember, Hale, who had died in an unfortunate battle in the Mouth of the Mountain. He had wanted to write out his character somehow since he needed to make his real life a priority, and so we made sure the player favorite character go out with a bang. At the time, I never realized how much of an impact Hale's death would have not only OOCly, but with the plot of Ascenders in its entirety.

And that's what I love about roleplaying with you guys. With our minds combined, we shape a world far better than I could do alone. Every one of your player characters matter and help make this universe and its plots far more interesting and dynamic.

Personal Thanks

@Bears
You're such a fantastic writer! I wish your real life was more forgiving so that we could have more interactions with Geirolf in Eudicia. Despite you being gone for an extended amount, Geirolf remains, and so does his importance! We've been collabing and it was mentioned it was a bummer we couldn't have Geirolf part of the fun, so you at very missed! I hope all is going well for you, and know that if you do find time for this hobby, you're more than welcome to jump right back in!

@CloudyBlueDay
The smol cheesy home fry. I do miss Feria being around in the Dragon Wardens as she was such a sass, and I think we all in general miss you being a part of all the other plots. We at least still have you with Bird Bird and the ever favorite Charlie. Where would the world be without Charlemagne?! You have two types of characters: the bitch, or the cinnamon bun too good for this world, too pure. Both are types you do well, though, and they never feel repetitive.

I have plans for Charlie and Aveline in their plotlines, of course. Charlie has impacted the Seeds group quite a lot, as well as some behind the scenes stuff you're not aware of because it hasn't become relevant yet. But basically, Charlie may very well be the most important person in the world, possibly of all time by the way The Seed of Life is fleshing out. He's the glue that binds the group together, which is what is needed for the best possible result for the Second Era. He could be the one to shape certain perspectives and the outcomes to follow. It might be something he never realizes or thinks about, and perhaps maybe even the group doesn't think about it either in such a grand scale as that. But as the GM I can tell he's pretty important to a lot of what is to come.

Aveline may not have as wide of an impact as to influence the next era and magic to come, but she is a Blood Mage, and I love Blood Mages. There's a lot to explore with her to come, like auras and reading people, which after the collab that's been going on I'd say she'd start to see the uniqueness in each one little by little. She's got a role to play in Eudicia as she'll eventually come to a crossroads and some chaos specific to her, the Afterlife, and her abilities.

Keep up the great work with your characters! I enjoy working them into the plots!

@Doctor Jax
Anytime you post, I'm always saying things like "Jax is such a great writer" and "bless Jax for her attention to detail." You have a very attentive nature in writing, and I can always tell you take time to read everyone's posts. Your characters are also unique additions to the stories providing us all with a different perspective and personality to mix things up in an interesting and engaging way. It's difficult to pick which of your characters is a favorite, so I feel like every one of them is well regarded as a must-have crew member to each plot.

I was so excited when you made Tza'Hal. I had been wanting someone to roleplay an orc for some time, and you're the only person I could trust to handle a monk type orc. She acts like a backbone, in a way, keeping the group in place and their head on straight. As I have been writing the group's interactions with the crew of the Skadrad, I've come to feel the Order of the Lynx would have been regarded with respect rather than having a Han Solo reaction to the Force. So she's become quite important in their ability to get places, and important to the group so that they don't implode and cause chaos by accident!

Tamerlin has been a fun and different take on what could be in an edgy group like the Cult of Thieves. I suppose he takes the edge off a bit! He has a great synergy with every PC and NPC, which makes giving him content super easy on my end as the GM. There's a lot of potential in growth yet even if the character were to remain the same he would still be an interesting read. I'll be interested to see how he handles conflicts to come!

How could I not be stoked to have Marnia back in my reading? Penance allowed her a lot of development in the Veil that made her a compelling character, and I hope I get to provide a similar environment for her without hashing out the same things. She is the character we all connect to and can relate to and root for. And dream of heroic moments and achievements and I guess maybe a kiss or something we aren't shippingoranythinglikethat.

@Elle Joyner
I was so honored when you wanted to join my reboot of The Dragon Wardens. I was a fan before this lovely friendship budded, and now I'm a friend fan which is like...twice the support as before! I can always rely on you to challenge my thinking, ask questions, and dig further into the plot than I had ever considered. And I think that's why your characters are so well immersed in all the plots because we're constantly bouncing off ideas or talking shop for a scene. You brought me into the world of collabs and now I'm addicted!

Raleia has been the character I'm glad has stuck around. The fire she lacks in magic she has in wit and attitude. She is the emotional thinker needed for the Dragon Wardens to pull themselves out of the disdain they have towards the world that turned on them. The slow moving relationship she has with Thannel has made an insignificant NPC into a PC, and has played a role in how the original plot "Ascender" goes through the impact she had on Thannel. Raleia made the origin to my universe a far more interesting story to eventually tell.

Wynleth is not just the woman that won the heart of Hal, but the one who knows what it's like to lose something cared about to the Shadow Army. Out of the entire group, she has been both directly and indirectly affected, and therefore holds a different perspective in what the group is attempting to achieve. Her time in the presence of the Elissar was unfortunate, but impactful, and it makes her a character that can see the importance of what they're doing and in the end be able to see what needs to be done.

I honestly did not anticipate you enjoying The Cult of Thieves so much. I was excited to collaborate Cordelia's past and ties to the Cabal as it tied a lot of things in nicely for me as a GM. Her abilities and her personality make a lot of scenes and scenarios fun and exciting to roleplay, and due to our OOC synergy and communication we have been able to play around with Cordelia a lot. There's a lot in store for her to come!

When I was plotting to put Eudicia into RP format, I knew I was going to integrate a lot of inspiration I had from Penance. We never really got to explore that plot, and while the Fog in Estwynd is very different, the elements are similar enough to where I wanted to reprise Alexander, and was happy to see you join along with the reprisal of Arabella. She unfortunately couldn't be a redhead like before, but she is still just as charming, and we may yet get to explore how Alexander is tied to the death of her father this time! I'm still greatly amused by the conflict between Alex and Ender now that I've played both alongside Arabella. Who will she connect with: the man that did nothing to put her father's killer to justice, or the man who kidnaps for a Cult? Oh man, she needs a good man…

We've only just begun Cohesion and Chaos, but I love the dynamic between Ysella and Ilai. She's got the right amount of sass to keep Ilai on his toes, and I feel like the two have a lot of potential to learn from each other and grow. I'm interested to see how it all ends, because we both know where it ends up, just not how. That's what I like about roleplaying with you, though. We never know where our writing will take us, but we enjoy the adventure along the way.

@Mactomaton
Ah, I do wish you weren't so busy! Olsten has been around since my first roleplay as a GM and you've been lovely to work with. Very communicative, and your writing is great! We got to see the effects of tragedy on a young mind and how it affected the plot overall. He is canonically tied to Wallace Savere as a half brother providing layers of interest into his lineage and connections to Lisella and why she took interest in the boy. I would have loved to have Olsten present for the end of The Dragon Wardens, but real life always comes first! I hope all is going well and I just wanted to let you know how important and interesting Olsten is to me and to Ascenders!

@Red Thunder
You've been there supporting me since day one of The Dragon Wardens, and you always have a knack for creating very memorable characters. Hale's death was unfortunate, and I always jokingly blame him for the death of the roleplay, but it honestly created the best foundation for The Seed of Life and created a lot of interesting lore from it that would not be there had I been planning all this on my own. So you've played a big role in making Ascenders far more interesting than I could have imagined! All because of a death of a PC. But that's what I enjoy about you as a player. You roll with it and ask questions and communicate with me OOCly where we can plan just enough to make cool things happen.

I remember having some initial issues with Hale's CS, as you used a faceclaim that had both brown hair and a tattoo. It made me skeptical at first, because I didn't know you as a player just yet, so our first interaction was actually about that faceclaim. And it went rather smoothly. Hale was a fast favorite among the group, mostly because he was friendly and level headed where the rest of the gang was not! And I tried to bring that about in Hal since he was essentially born from Hale's sacrifice. The memorial of his death may have been destroyed in the eruption of the Mouth of the Mountain, but his memory will live on in the new World Tree and will be an essential part in the connection to the past and whether or not there will be the old magic in the Second Era.

I was happy to see you were able to return, and yet again with Waethrin came an addition to Ascenders that expanded the universe even more. Through Waethrin's old mentee, Lisella, I was able to craft the most essential part to the universe; The Darkness. Through our behind the scenes plotting with regards to Waethrin and why he fell into exile, I was able to figure out a way to unlock the Darkness for travel beyond worlds. So not only did you create the memorable cranky old man whose heart is going to grow three times this Winterwyst, but a memorable NPC that gave way to Sothal and Ender and eventually the Children of the Gate plot and gave purpose and understanding to the sacking of the Haven and Wallace Savere. Waethrin, himself, has been interesting to interact with, as we all got to embark on the concept of a legend being brought to our character's reality.

Trynten is that character I root for and hope he can pull through his conflicts both physical and mental. He's been through a lot, especially since he is a Tainted, and so he has an intimate understanding of what the Shadow Army is capable of. When he accesses the memory trapped in the crystal, he'll see that Theresia might have lied about something, as well as see why she lied. He's got an important role to play! I'm looking forward to what is to come with him!

I was happy to see such an addition as Quinn in The Cult of Thieves. Just the right kind of dashing and cunning I was looking for! What could be mistaken as laziness or stupidity is actually, to me anyway, pretty intelligent. He has a certain way of thinking where even in his mistakes he could find a way to remedy the issue. I think he can still make it back into the good graces of the city nobles, especially with Betaley's help, and they can work towards infiltrating that sect further for some juicy stuff. And it'll be fun once the Cult roves outside the city limits with Quinn!

When it got to Eudicia, I wasn't sure you were going to join mostly because I felt like the plot wouldn't be much of an interest in general. But I'm glad to have Maes on board! Every time I type in his name, my phone auto corrects it to MAEs for some reason. Every. Time. He's a great perspective on the farmers of Estwynd, especially in Neunyor where they're so far from the capital that most would never see it even with the airships. He's the only rural, Down Home character in the lot as everyone else is fairly close to some form of general population and market. So he's a unique perspective and mindset that looks to have potential for a lot of great evolution among the group as well as interesting interactions.

@RiddL
You seemed to have joined in on a rather busy time for us all, but I've enjoyed your posts when you can post! Kylar is the epitome of the assassin type Cult character, and you've taken to the tasks well. Your writing is very engaging, and you've created a character that has a lot of potential for growth. I'm interested to see where you take him! Hopefully life will afford you more time to this hobby, as I've got lots of potential uses for Kylar! Keep up the good work, and I loved the skull you made in your last post!

@rissa
You came along first with Inara, and I wasn't sure if you would stick around for some reason. Don't ask me why! It was so long ago I can't remember. I do remember my hesitation in splitting the group with Inara and Tryn going off to Lauderdine on their own. It's risky business, especially since I didn't have a PC of my own at the time to travel with them. But I enjoyed their trek a lot, and you have always done well will keeping up communication with me OOCly so things run smooth.

Inara is a very focused and driven character. She has her mind organized, from what I can tell. It's like she has a checklist and she's ticking off tasks as they come and go. The lot would probably be all discombobulated without her, if you think about it. Inara thinks about the crystal and about the tome they picked up in Cabric and knows she can't get answers to either until Trynten feels better and Vi sits down and translates the tome. Vi might conveniently "forget" but I can tell she will be there to pester him. And she'll be there to remind Trynten to heal faster. Faster, damnit!

I was happy to bring in Coleite late into The Dragon Wardens, because by this point I was comfortable and confident in you as a player. You were able to bring her in well and with ease, and already bonds are forming and taking hold. She's another thinker, asking questions and contemplating strategy even in the fray. It makes me wish she had been there since the start! It would have been a lot of fun, but at least we all get to experience her now.

I was worried you would drop out of The Cult of Thieves, and I didn't want to get rid of Milly. Luckily, she is still around, huzzah! Milly is currently the only member that can literally go invisible, which makes her the best for future recons to come. Hmm you do like to play forward thinkers come to think of it! She always has a mind for the next step, and the step after that which makes her an ideal member. We need more Milly loving!

I can't wait for more controversy in the reveal that Zahar is an elf! I like that you're exploring his story in Eudicia, and that both he and Inara will have stories to share when they meet again. If they meet again? He will definitely come in handy, as anyone with his sort of magic wouldn't be planned for by Eudicia, so he may be their saving grace in the end! We shall see! I'm enjoying reading his interactions with the group and the care he has for everyone despite them all being strangers. There are some good people left in the world!

@Shizuochan
How the heck did I attract you to my universe? How the heck did we meet? There's definitely a blank spot in my memory and so my mind just has you appearing in my roleplay life out of thin air, and somehow we've always just gotten along. I love your writing, though! Happy to have you aboard, and happy to have the watermelon snazzing up the group with his couture and… friendly thoughts. He's the odd man we need for interesting things to come, and you're the odd man we enjoy just because you're a different sort that meshes well with our different sort. You're a peach, and you're also a damn good writer.

@Starlighter
Saren is such a great dynamic in the group for Eudicia! I love the way you write her as the epitome of privileged born into wealth. It's fun to put a character like that through situations she would have never experienced before, and you play it off well! You've got a great sense of writing with a group and how to integrate an "odd" character into a group to create a different vibe without alienating your own character. I look forward to watching Saren grow and develop through all Eudicia will throw at her. She's got a lot headed her way!

@Toogee
Another wonderful addition both as a player and with your character, Aurea! I've enjoyed having another character of a young age pull through the tribulations of a Dragon Warden after the sacking of the Haven. And I think she's been a good influence on Waethrin, and she's helped keep Idhrenan's mind on the right path. You play her innocence well, as well as the growth she is forced to go through as life throws her lemons. Seems like your real life is busy as well, so thank you so much for keeping interest with the slow pace of my own and hope all is going well!

2017 wasn't the best of years, and certainly wasn't the most productive one I've had for roleplaying, but you guys have told me you're invested as much as I am in Ascenders. I've been blessed with the best support a creator could ever ask for! May you always find a little time to indulge in writing now and again, and may you always find inspiration in the universe that is The Ascender Chronicles.

Love and hearts and stars and rainbow ratings,

Effer

Girl... you know I have a rule about making me cry when I'm hormonal...

<3 You guys are all amazing. I know it's corny, but dangit, you're my friends, my family and I love you (even you, Red... with your dang rainbows...) :) And Eff, beyond all that, you're the best GM I've ever worked with and I wouldn't still be RPing if it weren't for you and your majestic universe <3

Happy new years, y'all !

Awwwwwww.

I'm....not good at expressing certain feelings but I am deeply glad you are happy to have us as much as we are happy to have you. You've opened me up to an amazing group of people who I hope will remain my friends for many more years to come and I can't thank you enough for that.

1367243311268_zps5b7bba01.jpg