|| Perpetual GM ||
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
A place for all things within the Ascender universe thought up by Effervescent.

Current Main Story roleplays within this universe:
The Dragon Wardens || The Seed of Life || The Cult of Thieves​

Synopsis
The first appearance of humans to the world shook its entire foundations. They were outsiders to a world full of magic and were not always readily welcomed. It was a grueling task of survival for the humans, for the native elves and dragons were hesitant to trust. Centuries passed, and the humans survived enough to thrive all across the globe as they integrated themselves into society as their own. They became favored by the World Tree, the very essence of all things magic within the world, and was gifted with the chance at magic by giving birth to the fabled Dragon Wardens. These rare red-headed humans are the only beings capable of bonding with the dragons, and are the most powerful magic casters in the world.

Dragon Wardens in this era became the peace keepers of the Allied Kingdoms; a land comprised of the kingdoms of Eversyth, Baladur, Thallas, Faledrin, and the Woodlands of Valnahar. After nearly 300 years of acting as a neutral party to insure each kingdom coexisted without too much conflict, their era came to an end with the rise of an ominous threat. Shadow magic took its toll on the land, and with it, corruption the Dragon Wardens could not stop until they lost their home, their kin, and nearly the entire Allied Kingdom. Magic became feared, and the number of Dragon Wardens dwindled to nothing as the threat of Shadow secretly and slowly grew in the coming century.

The World Tree eventually began to die as Shadow Magic overtook the world, and in an act of desperation it brought fourth the only thing that could save the world from its demise: The Seeds of Life. These Seeds were hunted down by the Shadow Army in efforts to stop true magic from prevailing, for these Seeds would create the next World Tree. A small band of nobodies were gathered by a cryptic Shae who was given a vision by the World Tree that those nobodies were actually the most important people of their time. This group was to be the only group likely to succeed in bringing the last remaining Seed of Life to the foot of the World Tree where it could flourish and save everyone from darkness. Their success brought about the Second Era.

OOC Information

The Ascender Chronicles is intended to be a conglomerate of various roleplays within an original universe spanning through the genres of Fantasy and Science Fiction. Here are some frequently asked questions and little known facts attached to this universe I would like to share.
  • This universe was originally conceived in the summer of 2006 with a plot concerning magic versus non-magic.
  • Why is it called Ascender Chronicles? In 2008 I shelved the original concept and created what is now known as the Dragon Warden. That story was known as The Ascender because the protagonist was the last of her kind ascending to her destiny.
  • Why are Dragon Wardens/Translators the only red heads in this universe? I wanted to expand on the "gingers have no souls" concept where a society shunned someone just because they were different. Thus, only Dragon Wardens in The Ascender had red hair so that not only could they be easily defined, but it would be a play on the concept.
  • The world was not as defined until I began to GM the very first Dragon Wardens back in 2012. My players have helped shape the world and plots both ongoing and to come.
  • There are more to some player characters than even the players know, and it could be these facts are never revealed!
  • This world is connected to a multiverse through what is known as The Darkness or The Forever which in turn effectively allows for several original worlds to be a part of this universe. This forum will likely only delve into only one world, which has already been defined.
  • Why can't Orcs and Humans procreate? If I'm completely honest, it's because I don't want people to play half-orcs and completely neglect the orcs. Orcs are cool! Play more orcs! I put them in this world because I love them!
  • Will you ever include dwarves in your lore? Not in the Tolkien or high fantasy sense. Dwarves in that regard are very one-dimensional and have the same story across every setting that I am just not interested to build them into the world. Dwarfism is a thing in this universe, however, and due to this I will never really touch high fantasy dwarves.
  • Since there are werewolves in this world, are there any vampires? Yes! But the vampire equivalent is exclusive to orcs and has yet to be encountered or defined.

• Love
Reactions: rissa
Status
Not open for further replies.