Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, from 5pm-10pm US EAST
Writing Levels
  1. Douche
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Modern, Warlike, and Furry RP's.
OrbitalYard.jpg

~Upsilon Space Yard~
You arrived here, along with around 99 other people, through a transport ship that leads to this location. Once aboard the station, you gather your personal belongings, and head off, along with the other crew-members. You look at them briefly, noting their uniqueness and questionable behavior, and you wonder about how such a crew will work on a cruiser. Before you get to even glance at the cruiser, however, you're stopped by an old, greasy-haired human security guard. He looks through your personal belongings and asks very bluntly to see your papers, to which you promptly hand over said papers. He fingers through the papers and takes turns looking at the papers, a computer screen, and your face, narrowing his eyes in suspicion. A few finger licks and mouse clicks later, he hands you a plastic card, containing your information, credentials, and your role on the ship, "You're good to go. The ship's behind this door on the right over here. Safe travels." You take your card, your things, and make your way to the cruiser.

You stop to take a look at your new home.
latest

The Rimor-127. It's not like the Imperial Battle-cruisers you may have heard on the media, but it's pretty large. Although it was once an Imperial Battlecruiser, it has now been refitted for exploration, so it's traded its weapons for speed and longevity.

You look at it briefly before going back with the crowd, who currently faces the crew of this ship, waiting for the entire crew to get here. During this time, you may mingle with some crew-members here and there, or just sit down and chill.

The captain, a cleanly-dressed Grey Wolf Anigmae, stares coldly into the crowd with his fiery-red eyes, that is, until the last person rushes in with their things, and trips. The captain looks at this person and nods distastefully before grabbing the attention at the crowd before him.
e3929e681e4687e44c062e35fc5257d5.jpg

"May I have your attention please! Thank you, everyone. I'm sure that in due time, I will never get to know everyone's name on this ship, so for that reason, I will just refer to all of you as 'The Crew'. You will refer to me as 'Captain'. But for those of you who ask for formalities, I am Captain Havoas Darrion, and I run this ship. Your Lead Officer, who helps run this ship, is the ship's Advanced Navigation and Transportation Intelligence, who you may call 'Advanced Navigation and Transportation Intelligence', until you become friends with it, then you may call it Anti.

Before you board this ship, I have a few ground rules, failure to abide by these rules will result in expulsion from the ship. Alright?

Firstly, my orders will be obeyed. If you cannot work with a group, then you shouldn't be here in the first place.

Secondly, you shall work together. If we are not unified, then we will die.

Lastly, nobody is allowed access to my private quarters. Even I need a little privacy here and there on a ship, so if I catch you so much as poking at the door, then you will be thrown out."

With that, the Captain folded his hands behind his back, speaking boldly his first orders, and gesturing to a monitor.

"Now that we are well-acquainted with one another, if you will look over to the monitor on my right over here, you will see a list of names of the crew, along with the room that you have been assigned to. If you could, please unpack your personal things in your assigned room. Then report to Anti and me, located in the Cafeteria, IN ONE HOUR! We have a few things to discuss before taking off. If you are not there in one hour, you will be asked to leave, I want people who want to be here, is that understood?"

"SIR YES SIR!"

"Good, without any further ado, welcome to the Crew! You may now board the ship."

With that, the ship made a large hissing sound, and out popped a large ramp, to which the Captain gracefully walked up first. You then gather your things, and follow the crew to rush in behind him, with mixed intentions about this whole ride. Perhaps even having some doubts. But for whatever reason, you trudge on anyways, to see what space exploration has in store for you.​

"Trust me, I want to be here," Eric said under his breath.

All his life he had hidden away in his lab and ran his experiments, just as father had ordered. Then father told him to acquire some field experience. Eric had obeyed. He had attempted to steal a starship and use it to fly around the cosmos, gathering live subjects for testing. Plants, mushrooms, non-sentient life forms and the likes. Of course, the attempt to commandeer that first craft had landed him in a rather bad pinch. Yet his father, who always kept the Imperial offices on a short leash, prepared another way for Eric to gain experience in the field: Rinor-127. It would be the vessel that would finally allow Eric to make his father proud. And once his research was completed, his experiment was successful, and his findings were presented, then Eric would receive his due reward: Father would legally declare Eric as his son.

Eric noticed that another crew member was stood right next to him. Another human, seemed fairly normal. Just another crewman along for the ride. One of the many grunts who kept things running while the real minds did the real work.

"Quite the interesting character, our new captain, eh?" No reply. "Guess you don't have an opinion on him yet." True enough, the other crewman did not have much of an opinion towards the Captain. "You know, every person worth their while has an opinion..." No response. "Which means that you are not worth my while," he quipped before strolling of towards the boarding ramp.

Eric could only hope that officers came with more stock than the mere grunts. At the very least, the Captain had piqued his interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Furasian and Nue
Systems were already initiated. They never went offline. A computer that took its system off during something like the night was anything but efficient. A.N.T.I. has been up all night, reading and calculating meteor forecasts, ordering whatever supplies were low in stock and cost, and otherwise preparing the Rinor-127 for the coming venture.

And it seemed its work was about to come to fruition. One of the inside security cameras, an example of the little sensory input A.N.T.I. had, was pointed at Captain Darrion, holding an entrance speech to the crew. Good thing they’re introduced to their superiors, wouldn’t want any unwelcome surprises. Crewmembers on a ship have been shown to perform duties remarkably worse when under unknown superiors.

Seeing as the captain had made an introduction, it was in its place for the lead officer to do so too. The numerous speakers around the ship sparked to life, before spreading A.N.T.I.’s electronically generated, yet surprisingly human voice to the still boarding crew.

“Attention, this is A.N.T.I. Welcome aboard the Rinor-127. Don’t forget, you’re here on business, not vacation. Make yourself a nice flight.”

With that, A.N.T.I. turned its computational resources towards the final preparations for launch, simultaneously scheduling being “present” in the cafeteria. Not that it wasn’t, in a way, everywhere in the ship at all times.

Like everyone else Mikolas was mixed in with the crowd with eyes and ears on the captain of the ship. In a crowd of volunteers in their own appearance the security officer was a sight that stood out; a well kept fox anigmae with a class A imperial uniform. He could feel the glances shifting over his way along with their variety of reactions, but he kept his eyes forward with that military bearing that was expected of him. It wouldn't have been a surprise if the fox snapped to attention upon hearing the order.

Mikolas took note of those that were in his general view. It was the only time where he'd look around during his parade rest posture. With each person there was a story to tell. Through their posture, their figure, their scars he could determine whether or not their best excuse for experience was a video game or whether or not they spent their lives fighting. Very few dared to look back at him so to size him up the same way he did to them. To those that did glance his way the fox would return a simple nod then shift his gaze away from those who he caught looking over this way. During their inspection one would find Mikolas's name plate, his full name engraved on a metal that had only the quality that the Imperials would accept. They would also find his rank insignia, but on his chest there was a rather significant lack of ribbons and rewards for a man of his rank. He was indeed a rather unconventional pick for a very important role.

Once everyone was dismissed the officer collected his duffle and equipment and proceeded inside the ship. Those with military background were quick to try and hug the wall, a tradition that was well known in any training facility, and a slight bother to Mikolas. It wasn't long ago where he was in these men's boots, stepping back against the wall until he was dismissed or not even noticed by the higher ranked officer. "As you were... N-no as you were partner. Come on come on keep going you're on a timer." The young man said as he gestured those who stopped for him to keep walking. It was one of those things that was seldom familiar to the anigmae, one that he would have to adjust to if he wanted to look proper in his new rank. Eventually he'd make it to the officer's quarter.

It felt strange being the one who brought the most equipment into the officer's quarters or more specific one of the very few to actually bring their weapon on board. Regardless it wouldn't really look well to be head of security if he didn't pack a rifle in the bag and a handgun on the hip. It wouldn't do him good to coordinate the soldiers and security officials if he couldn't grab a gun himself. With that thought brushed aside though Mikolas quickly searched for his room. Upon discovering it the officer promptly stepped inside and tossed his gear onto the bed then changed out into his BDUs so to look less formal and more like an actual lieutenant on the daily job. He felt a lot more comfort in the less tight clothing and felt like anyone else who came aboard. It also allowed his fur to breathe a bit, instead of becoming damp with sweat during that waiting session. After a change of clothes, with the somewhat baggy cap included and adding his holstered pistol to his belt the anigmae didn't do much of anything else aside from collecting his data pad before making his way out of his quarters. Once outside he did stop to look around, spending his bit of free time to see who would emerge from their quarters as an officer of this ship. It was time to figure out who was his equal for the next few months.

The crowd moved around Arix fluidly, setting his sensors ablaze with alerts. Hundreds of new faces to catalogue, new personalities to study, new alliances to form. He sought knowledge along with his freedom, and realized he would find both as he scanned the crowd: a solid mix of human, Anigmae, Cyborg, and even A.I. like himself. There was potential here. He had told himself over and over that this was a good idea, but now he was sure of it. He redirected his auditory and visual sensors as the captain and the on-board A.I. spoke, each in turn, introducing themselves and the expectations they would be held to as a crew.

He saved the speech as a data file, both as a recording and a transcript for later reference if necessary. It was best to keep information on superiors close at hand, to avoid any unwanted friction. The exploration initiatives had been known to be ruthless, with high risk of death. Luckily, he would simply wake back up in his storage space, as he had already prepared a backup shell for his personality data should he fall in the line of duty.

As the crowd moved forward, Arix went with it. It was a relatively slow shuffle on to the ship, but luckily fatigue wasn't an issue when your muscles were steel, and boredom was nonexistent with so much data to categorize. Being a droid suited him. He eventually made his way to his quarters: A guest bunk in the officer's quarters, assigned to him by the officers in charge of the Exploration Initiative and Imperial Intelligence so the higher-ups on board could keep an eye on him and make sure he didn't divulge any military secrets, and could be dealt with swiftly by authority if he became more of a liability than an asset. Though they never told him directly, Arix had assumed this was the case. He could've deleted the files and shown them his file records as proof, but figured it'd be safer overall if he kept the information and used it as a little leverage to assist in getting aboard the ship. He'd likely be able to take the Security officer's place after taking the standard Imperial officer's test under the supervision of the Captain, Lead Officer, and Security officer.

He didn't have much to stow away, just some custom repair equipment, a spare power source, and custom-fit combat gear. The other officers and guests, being at least mostly humanoid, had significantly more belongings. In particular, he had noted the man listed as the ship's current security officer, one Mikolas Bourbon, a fox Anigmae with a gleaming record. "Lieutenant Bourbon," he called, approaching with a salute, "I am Arix 214, part of the ground team. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Havoas looked out into the vast, open space in the cafeteria's observation window. Aside from A.N.T.I, who was technically everywhere. He sat there all alone, with an arm rested against his face, and another twiddling around with a pen. He had no need to get ready or to mingle with the other crew-members, he just went straight for the cafeteria, which was large, dark, vast, and empty, kind of like the space he's looking at. After he got bored of that, he twirled around, just in time to see two or three crew-members sneak in and take a seat. He gave A.N.T.I a simple command: "Turn on Cafeteria Lights." And when the lights came on, he took a good hard look at the crew-members who were currently waving at them, narrowed his eyes, and proceeded to scribble on a paper.

Although it may have looked liked he was evaluating them, he was really just passing the time. Nobody bothered to talk to him, not even his own officers. The only conversations that went on were in the form of gestures and salutes, which was very one-sided. Despite the desolation, Havoas found it quite pleasing to be lonely: the less time you spend with people, the less of a chance that you screw up talking to them, and the less of a chance you look like fool.

He looked at his watch once more, and tapped on his leg as more and more people started to come into the room, making quite the noise with all the conversation.

"Fifteen more minutes..." He said with a sigh.

Everybody was moving about their business. For some this meant unpacking, checking out the crew quarters, or heading towards the cafeteria. Eric had nothing to unpack. He had just been released from jail and was now meant to spend his remaining prison time aboard this ship. A part of him wanted to check out where he would be working. And since he was not allowed to leave the Rimor, he sincerely doubted that there would be much of a chance of him ever leaving his laboratory. From what he knew of the ship, his quarters were located almost at the opposite end of the cafeteria.

It did not take him long to find his way there. After all, a map of the Rimor's layout could be found at every information point or control panel. He walked into the cafeteria behind a small group of people. They looked to be security or soldiers from the way they carried themselves.

Once in the cafeteria, Eric sat himself down on a stool by the wall, opposite the observation window and giving him a clean view of their new captain.

Adjust sensors. Maintain battery levels. Check h+ull for the thousandth time. The list was long, but A.N.T.I. kept working, ever diligently. This made easier by the fact that it didn’t tire, definitely a good selling point over buying human servants and technicians. Or for that matter anigmae, lorexians, or some of the other races in the galaxy. It was, after all, what it was made for. To serve and ensure a comfortable flight.

“Turn on cafeteria lights.”

And serve it would. But it wasn’t as simple as to just turn on the lights. Efficiency was great, but turning on lights too rapidly after the given command could be startling. Then there was the issue of whether or not to add a little voice command, something like a “Lights on, Captain” or something. Not that something as the gentle delivery of turning on a light would be a nitpicky issue, one might say. Not this A.I.

After about .01 seconds of contemplation and .99 for comfortable buffer, the lights dimmed on in quite possibly the most comfortable way to turn on a light. There followed no statement from A.N.T.I.’s procedurally generated feminine voice. Instead it just put a tad bit more processing power to the live feed given from the cameras and microphones around the room. A.N.T.I. without a doubt knew more psychology and behavioral patterns than just about all non-A.I. creatures, but getting to know the specifics of the crew was never a bad idea.

Mikolas took his time peering over the few faces of the command staff that stood around him, taking the moment to determine who or what they were based off the details that could easily be perceived with one's acuity. His attention eventually did a cycle that lead to a crew member approaching him, but this wasn't no ordinary crew member.

"Lieutenant Bourbon,"
The man addressed the officer, giving him a proper salute as expected in a paramilitary organization, it was a expectation that Bourbon wasn't going to drill into the security teams just yet. "At ease, mister Arix. May I call you that?" The fox turned his entire body to face the cyborg, his right hand coming up to grab his BDU cap by the bill so to pull it off his head and drop down to his back where his left hand wrapped around his right wrist. The lieutenant was young, and perhaps inexperienced in the eyes of those who held true experience, but there was a fire in his eye, one that showed that sort of confidence that every leader was mandated to display when interacting with their associates.

"I appreciate the statement. It wouldn't surprise me if that weren't the same for the rest of my staff. Come we still have orders to gather at the mess hall." Mikolas gestured the cyborg to follow before starting down the hall, his hands still behind his person with his cap hanging just by it's bill with every step he took. His eyes were for the most part ahead aside from a glance over or a nod to those passing by.

"I assume you have an abundance of experience and data during your course of service... Tell me mister Arix: what are the numbers for this anigmae officer?" He gave the cyborg the remainder of the travel time to say whatever he wished to say and even paused at the cafeteria doors to let Arix say whatever he wished. Once that was through the lieutenant gave a nod then pulled his cap back onto his head, being mindful to let his ears poke through some slits that were made just for his kind. "Well there's work to be done, and a security force to be organized. I'll be sure to have everyone gathered around for a briefing before the security teams leave the cafeteria."

By the time Mikolas reached the cafeteria there was a decent crowd already gathering. Instinctively his gaze first snapped towards the captain that isolated himself from the crew. Arix could easily see that spotting the other anigmae once again peaked the security officer's interest. Who could blame him? They were perhaps making history being one of the very few anigmae to hold the positions they held and still be recognized by the Imperials. Shortly after laying his eyes upon Havoas, his superior commanding officer, Mikolas gave Arix one final glance then made his approach towards the captain. Whether or not Arix followed was up to the cyborg.

Upon approaching the table Mikolas snapped to attention, waiting to be addressed by the captain that sat infront of him. There were some habits that the officer academy drilled into him, some that Havoas might come to appreciate or become annoyed with as their mission went along.

@Nue

Arix was silent for a moment, pulling up any data he had on their captain. There was none to be found, aside from what had been gathered during the speech. He hadn't taken any officer files when he downloaded the combat and tactical manuals from the Imperial military's database. "I have no records on any Imperial Officers within my databanks. I will be building profiles as information becomes available, but I am afraid I have no intel to offer at this time, Sir."

They paused at the door to the cafeteria. "I would ask you to grant me access to the ship's system to gather such information, but I suspect if you truly wanted to know you could do the same. And the more Imperial information I have, the more I am likely to end up reported MIA and left to rust on some backwater planet that offers nothing of importance in the name of Imperial security." He knew the truth of his situation, and confronting those likely to betray you with such a fact increases the odds of guilt causing them to abandon the idea. The risk he took was calculated, like everything else.

The A.I. followed Mikolas at a respectable distance as they approached the captain, ready to receive whatever information would be supplied. Recording software active.

Havoas looked around the cafeteria, now brimming with crew-members. He checked the time one last time and spoke just as the hour had passed.

"Ahh! I'm glad to see that everyone has proven to at least be a little punctual this early in the morning. That's good, I guess... My speech today is very simple, yet important...We will be departing from this station soon, and once we exit into deep space...there's no turning back. I have been living in the open expanse of space for a good twenty years now, and I can tell you firsthand that space is no friendly place: There is no day or night in space, it's just darkness and stars. There is also not many creatures that thrive in a space environment, and I feel once we reach unknown territory things will become a lot more...desolate. This brings us to space's most dangerous weapon: Desolation. For the next five years, we will be alone. We might get lucky and find a few habitable planets out there, but don't expect much. For the next five years, you will all be spent cooped up together in this ship with almost no connection to the known world, and almost nothing to do for long periods of time. So I urge all of you, if you wish to stay on this ship, you have to leave behind everything you've held onto for the next five years: your life, your family, your loved ones. They're gone now. Once our ship leaves, from that moment until we arrive back on the ship, we are a family, and we will act as one, and enjoy each other as one...or, we all die: we'll tear each other from the inside out, our minds will decay, and the disunity will succumb us to nothing more than a rotting husk of metal in space quicker than you can ever conceive. You may go back now, and return to your normal lives, but after that, your life thereafter belongs to the crew. So, if you want to leave, you may now have the right to do so..."

Havoas waited a few seconds for people to leave the crew, and once things were settled down, he resumed his speech.

"Alright, now enough of my ranting about space. Let me debrief you all on the mission: For the next five years, we are to go out, survey some unknown celestial bodies, planet, and the like; then return back with our survey info, if we did our job right, the Empire should reward us all with newer, richer lives. Unknown space is far away from Upsilon, and it will take about a whole year before we even get to the first things on our list, and likewise for the trip back. That's where the unity comes into play. We go in, survey things, come back out, get renewed, simplicity itself.

Alright, I trust you have all read the ship manuals describing about the ship and it's functions, as well as exploration crew hierarchy, yes? Well if not, I have a present for you: Underneath the bed in your rooms, yes, even the misc rooms, lies a small box that serves as a 'starter kit' for all of you, in it, contains a ship manual, some snacks, our mission details, the rules, and some other trinkets in there for fun.

Anyways, I'll be on the bridge making sure everything is in order before we lift off, if you have any questions, be sure to ask me there. Oh! And I honestly could care less about the hierarchy system or anything, so long as our ship is well-kept, well-maintained, and all the rules are followed, your possibilities for freedom are limitless!

With that, liftoff will occur in approximately one more hour. might I suggest everyone getting into positions and starting a routine for yourselves, because we've got a long ride ahead of us."

With that, the wolf-captain motioned for Anti to head for the bridge, as he too followed his way there, arriving and lounging on the captain's chair, placing his hat over his head, letting out a large sigh, and asking ANTI to do the hard work of system-checking and preparing the ship for lift-off.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lockheart
The open expanse of space... Eric had barely even left his father's laboratory until recently. No connection to the known world? Then how would be contact his father? His work would have to continue for five long years before he could ever show anyone the results.

A few crew members left. But Eric was surprised to see so many people remaining. Almost everyone was willing to commit their all to the crew, the captain, and the mission. Was he willing to commit in the same way? Eric felt somewhat uneasy and out of place. He was only following his father's orders, but these people actually believed in what they were doing. He was not like them.

Eric would have to check this starter kit once he got to the science quarters. He had little else with him. having just been released from prison. Once the captain had finished and left, they were all to go about their business. Eric wanted to meet his captain, talk to him, learn about him. And he had a question about the work that he would be doing aboard this vessel. So he left the cafeteria shortly afterwards.

Upon arriving on the bridge, Eric saw the captain doing... Well, very little. It seemed that the ship's AI was handling most of the work. There was a correct way to greet a captain. Was Eric supposed to salute him? Address him by name or rank? Avoid eye contact? Or consistently make eye contact? Whether it was a normal social conversation or a by-the-books military interaction, Eric had no idea what he was doing. Right now, he felt progress was not greeting unwanted crew members with some viral concoction in a syringe.

"C-Captain?" Eric said, or rather asked. He felt the same way as when addressing his father. Afraid. This was nothing like talking to thickheaded crew members.

The good thing about being an AI on a spaceship, was that the largely disheartening condition one would find in the emptiness of space, simply didn’t apply. No emotions, no fear of solitude, no despair in the face of infinity. Only hard, hot-yet-constantly-applied-cold-water calculation. And with the preparations it had made so far, it was satisfied with the apparent odds.

The bad thing was that as part of safety regulations for spaceship construction, A.N.T.I.’s running computer was embarrassingly small. It’d so desperately wanted a few more RAMs, but what can you do, when the captain’s said no. Grudgingly, it had to do with what it had, and that meant suboptimal performance. It was still vastly ahead of humans and similar species in calculation capacity, but disappointingly below average compared to other intelligent computer systems.

Nonetheless, an order’s an order, so A.N.T.I. set to work on initiating launch. The various monitors and holographic screens scattered about the bridge sparked to life, long lines of numbers, text, and file directories being thrown about in various folders and terminals. A few seconds of the computer working itself hard passed before all movement paused. A.N.T.I.’s cursor stood still.

Waiting.

A ding and what appeared at a distance to be an affirmative message popped up on the screen. Nearly instantly, A.N.T.I.’s voice gently spoke from the various speakers in the room.

“Received approval for launch from the tower, all systems are go, captain.”

With that A.N.T.I. bid its time, waiting for the captain’s response, despite it being fairly close to guaranteed that at this point he wasn’t going to suddenly back down. Finally A.N.T.I.’s hard work would come to fruition. For science.

As time went by and the briefing commenced the young fox stood firm with a fixated gaze locked on the captain that explained the cost of this mission. At first Mikolas couldn't believe the thought of people quitting, expecting some sort of reprimand directed towards those who abandoned their posts. The few who left though reminded the security officer one crucial fact: the majority of the crew here consisted of volunteers. They chose to be here, to leave whatever they had behind for the next few years. For some that wasn't much, but to others that was a family, a real stable life...

The thought of that captivated the fox anigmae. Then again everyone had their choices... He remembered when he made his choice to be a military man long ago. He always wondered where his life would've went if he didn't excel in those recruitment exams.

All of that was just speculation. Now he had a job to do, and an entire security staff that needed a routine established. It would have been easier getting imperial soldiers, but he didn't have that luxury. Mikolas would have to draft some sort of doctrine that would define how the security teams work for the next few years, but first he had to get an understanding of what he was working with. Now finally able to speak the officer climbed up onto the table that his captain had sat at before getting up to return to the bridge. He'd watch the wolf from behind... In a sense there was an aura that he just couldn't explain. One that every high ranked official was burdened to carry, perhaps it was the fear of making a drastic mistake. Once the captain was gone the fox cleared his throats then beckoned the crowd over.

"I need all security and military staff to report to me before heading to their quarters!" Mikolas announced, his voice at first struggling to fight through the usual din. Once people figured out he was making an announcement though a more reasonable volume was maintained so to give the fox a chance to get his announcement out. Of course he could have used something else, but he wasn't exactly sure what he had clearance to use just yet. "I said all security and military personal on me!" The staff began to gather around at the second announcement. It would take a moment though for the fox to feel confident that he had everyone that was willing to listen to him.

Valeria stood amongst the crowd listening to the captain. She didn't seem to stick out as much compared to some of the others probably because she was a human after all. She did wish to be here mostly for the fact that having volunteered to be on the ship opened up her possibilities for adventures. She had the experience to work pretty well with people but she never really was known as someone to be the first to make conversation or approach anyone. While the captain spoke none of this went through her mind she simply would nod to show her attention and understanding whether the captain could see her or not it didn't matter.

Once the captain finished with the introduction and people could aboard the ship only one thing was in Valeria Smith's mind. Which was finding a nearby map and navigating to the next destination they would all need to meet up at. Once a map was located Valerie focused on the location for the Cafeteria. As she made her way somehow she managed not to delay and talk to any fellow crew members just yet. This allowed her to arrive on time for when the Captain requested everyone to be in the room. Her guess was for him to explain a bit more about the ship and add more expectations to their list.

Yet again Valeria listened. Taking mental notes that she would need to remember or look at later. Valeria wasn't too concerned about leaving the life she had been living behind it was loads of crap anyways. Her family hadn't been close out of those still around so she really didn't have any ties to keep her or have the need to leave. Few however did chose to go and must have decided this wouldn't be the life for them. Whenever she would make it to her room she was planning to check the pack he mentioned to see what exactly was inside. She knew that could wait however probably till she chose to rest.

Once the captain had finished Valeria felt with the time they had before take off she should probably get to know a few of the fellow crew members. Including those, she would be working with closer than others. But for now, it was just a matter of the courage to go up toward a current stranger and speak to them. This was something, that is not one of Valeria's strong suites.

Then before Valeria had even dared to move her eyes fell on a man that stood on the table which the Captain had just spoken at. She took into account that his appearance seemed to be that of a fox. When he spoke about the military staff she knew her role was considered to be a part of that category. Slowly Valeria made her way as people moved around so that she could get closer to better hear the fox. She looked up to him giving the man complete eye contact. Making friends with the rest of the crew would come later. It seemed to her that she should probably instead start by getting to know the man ahead of her sector, just like how she would need to meet the Captain at some point, as well as meeting Advanced Navigation and Transportation Intelligence.

Reactions: Nue
Arix recorded the speech as usual, storing every detail he could for future reference. Take that, organic memory, he thought to himself. He stood still as some of the gathered decided they didn't want to spend the next half-decade in the Far Reaches with no outside contact. Approximately seven to twelve potential crew members left the ship or almost left and decided to stay. Final numbers would be calculated later. The security officer, Lt. Mikolas Bourbon, stood on the table and called for the security staff to hold and convene before returning to quarters. Likely, it would be used as an opportunity to address the teams and establish ground rules, as well as set a time to establish schedules and regimens.

Arix took the opportunity to scan and index the the security team, starting profiles for each of them which would be added to as time went on and information became available. At least most of the security staff was present, those who had missed the call could be relayed the information later.

Soon after his announcement the crowd began to form around Mikolas, people from a variety of walks of life now waiting on him to speak. Many people didn't know who he was, to them he was just some fox who had some sort of weight to his word. He wasn't sure how to exactly approach this matter but two things had to get across. He was just going to have to say what needed to be said... No rehersals allowed.

"I am Lieutenant Mikolas Bourbon, your security officer on this ship. I have been charged with overseeing you all and establishing the protocols that will be followed from here on in. Make no mistake ladies and gentlemen this is no ordinary task... Some of you are veterans, others are perhaps young as 21.. And you will be seen as the saving grace in the eyes of others. I take nothing into consideration here... IF you got the job then I am confident you are capable of doing the job and if not I am confident you are willing to improve until you are capable. Just know this:" He said, pointing at a few people to get his next point across. "You all were chosen to do this. If not I am confident the captain would have had you off this ship before even commencing his initiation speech. Do not fuck up." He stood there for a minute to look over the many faces that were looking his way. Of course the crew will be looking up to these men and women, but they all now looked up to him. There was a faint hint of uncertainly, one that was well masked beneath that disciplined posture, but even though he was uncertain if he could do the job right... He was confident in doing the job regardless.

"You all should find my room and office on the roster it will be open to those who need me. For now get through orientation, get familiar with this ship, then report back here during dinner to go over squads and shifts. That is all and welcome aboard. You are free to ask me any questions should there be anything that I can handle. Try not to bother the captain too much if I can handle it.. If I can't handle it something went wrong I can assure you that."

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
Havoas sat back against his chair, with his feet propped upon his control panel and his hat resting upon his face. While he did that, a most lovely light show was put up by ANTI while it set up the ship's navigation and prepared it for launch. Not even a good thirty seconds in, and people were already coming up to see him! What stones could he have possibly left unturned for someone to possibly have a question to? Didn't he cover everything in his speech? Ahh whatever, if someone's interested in bringing together some good ol' fashioned unity, then who is he to judge?

"C-Captain?" the person asked meekly. The captain, both annoyed and intrigued, turned slowly to the young man, Eric Lance the Science Officer, who for such a hardened criminal such as him, he seems to cower under the presence of Havoas. He couldn't help but smile just a bit at the man, although smiles from a Wolf Anigmae are usually reduced to that of wolfish grins, which, luckily, in this case, it perfectly encapsulates the situation.

"Yes Eric? What is it?" He said, before briefly realizing a nice opportunity of convenience and deciding to use it. "Hold that thought for just a second. could you go down there on that control panel down there with the levers and push the blue lever, than the red one, and finally pushing the white button? That will remotely activate our engines and get this show on the road! While you do that, I'll make an announcement and go over my five-year plan." With a simple switch on his chair, and a simple command to ANTI, Havoas made his point nice and clear to the members of his crew.

"Attention crew-members, we will begin liftoff in ten minutes. Might I suggest that everyone gets to their stations and get settled in.
We have a long journey ahead of us..."

"Alright ANTI, I'm giving you the wheel now, do you best to take care of her, alright?"

He turned his attention back to Eric, who hopefully turned on those engines by now. "Alright, well, I'm not so sure about you, but I can't wait to see what space has in store for us! So, what was it you wanted to ask again?"

"Of course, sir," Eric replied.

As instructed, Eric went over to the indicated console and immediately saw the levers and button. Though Eric saw little point in an auto-start of the engine. First he pulled the blue lever. But when his right hand moved over the red lever, his left pulled gently on a throttle lever. Instead of the engines automatically starting, they gently hummed to life in standby. Though he had not been ordered to do so. This could prolong the life of the generators, engines, and thrusters over their long voyage. Did they not have assigned crew, pilots and engineering staff for this?

Once done, Eric returned to the captain.

"Captain, about my position aboard this ship. Your ship. The ship... Your ship. I do not know what my responsibilities are for the mission's start. Am I not bound to the stimuli of our exploration. So without beginning new exploration... My job aboard this vessel, your vessel, has not functionally started yet. Has it?

Idle, A.N.T.I. awaited the captain’s next command. This was the part of launch it liked the least. There was nothing to do. Long, dreadful seconds crawling past as the captain’s cluttered, organic brain made whatever decisions it wanted. Thankfully enough, Havoas was quick at assigning A.N.T.I. with the ten minute countdown to the actual launch. Seems it had to entertain itself in that time.

A.N.T.I. downloaded and read several reports from other spacecrafts already up and flying about the current state of the universe, and it planned their route using them. “My oh my, that area is best avoided”, A.N.T.I. could be heard humming to itself, if it would have been an organic organism with a tendency to hum to itself. Still, it definitely marked one and another area here and there as potentially dangerous and ridden with asteroids.

"Alright ANTI, I'm giving you the wheel now, do you best to take care of her, alright?"

The captain spoke, A.N.T.I. followed. Well, on the topic of steering, A.N.T.I. was just about always holding a metaphorical hand on the wheel in case the captain himself for some reason didn’t or couldn’t steer, so being put to drive Rimor full-time was no difficult task. Just to let the captain know the task was successfully received, even though A.N.T.I. doubted Havoas didn’t know of the microphones’ capabilities, the speakers sparked to life with confirmation.

“Understood, captain. Rimor-127 will launch in nine minutes and thirty-six seconds.”