Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. Multiple posts per week
  5. 1-3 posts per week
  6. One post per week
Online Availability
Depends on how crazy my life is at any given moment, but I'm usually online- at least for OOC purposes- at least once a day.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Medieval Fantasy, SciFi, Modern/Superhero, Dystopian
V5S7Dfm.gif

The year was 3037. Humans had expanded their horizons far into the cosmos in their search for proof that they weren't alone in the universe. So far, they had been majorly unsuccessful- all they'd found were formerly-habitated planets reduced to nothing but ruins. Now desperate in their search for life, and with Earth swiftly descending into oblivion, the governments of the world had, for once, united in their goals. Four ships were sent out in four different directions, each ship carrying a cast of 200 diverse people at the peak of their lives.

Their goal?

Find a habitable planet, settle it, and build a warp gate to open up interstellar trading with Earth and the rest of the settlements.

Unfortunately, it would be even harder than anyone ever expected. And for one ship and its inhabitants, the adventure began rather suddenly.

The Moonbeam, or, professionally, 44588A, was a Nova-Class ship that was considered the best of its kind. Large but quick, strong yet supple, and with great mileage, it was by far the most celebrated of the four. And yet, it was the first to break. The unfortunate settlers' high hopes for a habitable and welcoming planet were dashed, when, on March 5th, 3040, three years into the voyage, the Moonbeam had some crippling malfunctions.

The Captain, a man by the name of Sir Ahab Kythe the Fifth, was woken from his cyro sleep as per company standard- but by then it was far too late. An oceanic planet loomed below, the surface of the dark waters growing closer with every passing second. He tried his best to overcome the mistake, but it was not to be. The gravitational pull was too strong, and, by then, the engine had already stopped. As the sickening blue of the planet below got closer and closer to the Moonbeam's front, Captain Kythe did all he could for the survivors- he directed the ship toward the only island in sight, set rendezvous coordinates, released the settlers from their three-year slumber, and activated the escape pods.

A resourceful man, but not one of the few that were lucky enough to survive.

The island they'd rendezvoused on was a terrifying place- full of creatures out for blood, and with little fresh water and edible plants. Even so, they were grateful for the relative safety offered by it- at least they weren't in the ocean. Radio transmissions from less fortunate escape pods proved the danger of straying into the murky waters, and even the terrors of the island were nothing compared to the reports of what lay beneath.

Now the remaining crew had to survive long enough for a rescue mission to be launched- or, more likely...to build the warp gate. And that would be the most difficult part of their lives to date- because the Moonbeam didn't hit the island, no...

It sunk into the deep.

Character & Participant Links

Abandoned --- Character: Symona Kryvonis
@Dipper (co-GM) --- Character: Emil Kohler
@Rosé Moon --- Character: Niomi "Nemo" La'Fierro
@Starlighter (self-appointed Code Gremlin) --- Character: Tobias Nelson Young
Abandoned --- Character: Julius Ermevisk Klarton
Abandoned --- Character: Milos Levore
Abandoned --- Character: Carlotta Nikoli Rizzo
Abandoned --- Character: Lucy "Sprite" Harvard
Abandoned --- Character: Maxim Sokolov
@Wrath --- Character: Eric Spectre
Abandoned --- Character: August Elenora Roon
@Applo --- Character: Sarah McLeod

Please note that this thread is for OOC only, and not characters.

FOR ANY NEWCOMERS: We now have some open spots! I am looking for semi-advanced players who can respond at least once every two weeks. You may take over one of the slots from one of the characters listed under "abandoned"- taking their profession, not the character. Please tell us your interest in the thread below, so myself and my co-GM (@Dipper) can get you integrated.

IC thread
Ocean Info

r2OyWyn.png
raRK5vB.png

Technology Info

Last edited:
I already have mine planned out, I'm just waiting for the order to go again. RP etiquette and all that :bouncy:

Sorry guys, real life happened and I'm reluctantly withdrawing from this because I simply can't keep up with everything I've missed.

It's a wonderful concept neo and I'm really sorry for disappointing you like this.

Still Watching!

Sorry guys, real life happened and I'm reluctantly withdrawing from this because I simply can't keep up with everything I've missed.

It's a wonderful concept neo and I'm really sorry for disappointing you like this.

Still Watching!
Oh no! I mean, I respect your decision, but that doesn't mean I'm not super disappointed. Are you sure that's your only option? Is there anything we can do to help you be able to stay? If not, what can we do to take your character out?

I really don't want to, but between writer's block and trying (and failing) to post earlier I don't want to leave you all sitting and waiting for me to cough up a post when I can't even start the collab I suggested earlier.

I'll retract this and give myself until Sunday 29th to try to provide a much overdue post.

Otherwise I'd suggest we let her slip into the background as one of the survivors due to reach shore together, and the first candidate for rampaging GM-driven wildlife to maul for effect.

Reactions: noodle
I really don't want to, but between writer's block and trying (and failing) to post earlier I don't want to leave you all sitting and waiting for me to cough up a post when I can't even start the collab I suggested earlier.

I'll retract this and give myself until Sunday 29th to try to provide a much overdue post.

Otherwise I'd suggest we let her slip into the background as one of the survivors due to reach shore together, and the first candidate for rampaging GM-driven wildlife to maul for effect.
That can work. Although, don't rush yourself too much- you all have an extra week as I'm having some life struggles as well.

Reactions: Anguissette
Here's a bit of a bone question @Applo does your post count for the rest of the collaboration or does each member further it along with their own individual posts?

Reactions: noodle and Applo
I'd (personally) say yeah, there jsut as much work (or more) from them as me in there.

Not to contradict Neo or Dipper (much beloved are our overlords) but if we're just going with a courtesy system them I (personally) would guess your fine. Generally the courtesy system of posting is just leaving enough time between your posts to let other people into the RP (generally). (I'm midway through a baking session as I type this so I havn't read back through the ooc to see whats been said already, just grasping at the ghost of a memory)

• Love
Reactions: Dipper and noodle
I'd (personally) say yeah, there jsut as much work (or more) from them as me in there.

Not to contradict Neo or Dipper (much beloved are our overlords) but if we're just going with a courtesy system them I (personally) would guess your fine. Generally the courtesy system of posting is just leaving enough time between your posts to let other people into the RP (generally). (I'm midway through a baking session as I type this so I havn't read back through the ooc to see whats been said already, just grasping at the ghost of a memory)

Nope, that's the courtesy system. Basically. You're right.

• Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: noodle and Applo
How's everything going, guys?

• Love
@Dipper
@Starlighter
@Anguissette
@Rosé Moon
@Polaris North
@Maltien
@Wrath
@Applo

Okay, everybody. I've got some news that could prove to be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

I will not be able to post today, as I've come down with yet another bout of sickness. That being said, I would post sometime next week, but my family is dragging me along on a camping trip starting Tuesday so I won't have wifi...yay. I will be back around the 21st-22nd of this month. I will attempt to post between now and Tuesday, but it's unlikely that I will be able to.

That being said, there are some definite pros about me being gone:

1- It gives you all time to post more so my next post is less filler (I hope) and more happenings.
2- I will have some disconnection time so I will be able to think more about the roleplay in a relaxed environment and come up with some cool new plot ideas.
3- @Anguissette will have more time to post for her character and hopefully stay with us.

So, while I'm gone, feel free to post for your characters. Hopefully once I'm back, I can give them something tangible and exciting to react to.

@Dipper is in charge while I'm gone, of course, but I doubt I even needed to say that.

@Rosé Moon
@Maltien
@Wrath

Half of us have a collab, so it's just up to a few folks to post now. Are you guys working on anything as of now? I'm just here to check in every couple of days. Also @Anguissette think you'll be able to do a post or nah?

Just checking in. How's it going, guys?

IM BACK NERDS

And will hopefully be working on a post in the next few days. If I don't get one out before Friday, expect the usual Sunday.

Wohoo, looking forward to it!

• Love
How's it going, everybody?

I'd do a post, but I'm not really sure where everyone's at as of now, or how many of us are still active.

Reactions: Applo