The Fall of Risal | Interest Check & Plotting

Original poster
Hello, thank you all for checking this steaming pile of DUNG. I'll get right to the point with the setting, world, and all that technical crap.

About The World

To start, this roleplay is fantasy, involving mythical creatures and characters that aren't human. People are all born with a birthmark that indicates their path in life, the placement of the birthmark on the body help show how they should achieve their goal, while the birthmark itself varies from person to person, people who have more than one birthmark aren't very rare but definitely uncommon. They have more than one path, and once they've set on one of their paths, the other birthmarks will disappear or even join together to make a whole new design. People who died with enough regret are said to be reincarnated a year after, but this is a legend found in old scrolls from when the dragons blessed the earth. There's no proof that this is a fact.

Magic is the significant source of power in the world; rocks knock as Niagra (Dragon's Eye) are common and absorb magic amazingly well. They've become the best source of communication and surveillance and for people higher up in the hierarchy a fashion statement. Mainly because certain types of Niagra is rather expensive.

Dragons are a big part of the world, being more of a religious icon than a creature actually seen by human eyes, (though some have claimed to have spotted them), they say that dragon's ruled the land, and before going into hiding blessed three people to rule over three countries. This was how the royal blood had started in two of the nations, but it was disregarded in Aequum who choose their King or Queen by strength and judgment.

About Risal

Risal is one of the three powerhouse countries in this world, they excel at war and have the brain and manpower to maintain and even, though they are a mostly human population they have other creatures such as elves, dwarves, even fairies though they are mostly there for trade. Though if someone were to explore deeper into the city, and find their black market they would discover a slave trade of magical creatures. Ranging from something as human looking as young elves or Wyverns. After the fall of their Queen Alana and the execution of the next in line, Freya, little has been done by the current ruler Sylvia. This has led a rise to vigilantes and Robin Hoods to counter the lack of effort done by the capital. Risal has become a country that harbors criminals, making it as good as a death sentence to people outside the country.

About Aequum

A country rather closed off from the other two, not much is known about it aside from the fact it's the most diverse in terms of human-creature mix, there's even a rumor that goes around saying that half-humans are a thing there and is probably why they refuse to allow outsiders to come and go as freely as they wish. Despite their secrets, they're the most peaceful country and the most wealthy (aside from a few things they need to get through trade they could be self-sufficient).

About Xoven

Finding a human here is difficult, finding one who can survive without the assistance of some magical item is even more difficult. The Xoven empire is the center of magic, only non-humans, and half-humans would be able to survive the air as it's discovered to be poisonous to humans. The country is protected by a forest that surrounds its border, riddled with bloodthirsty creatures and rumored vampires. The country holds some resentment to Risal, but can't act knowing their people are half of the problem for their infamous trafficking. High-elves who managed to find their way back home are pitied for their clipped ears.

So what's the point of all this? Well the world is falling apart, and four heroes have been born, each with different birthmarks but all with the same end goal. Their birthmarks look like nothing anyone ever seen before, and they meet by chance after hearing so many rumors. This idea is still a bit really bad half-baked so any questions or feedback would be super helpful.

I really like this idea so far! I guess in terms of questions, I'm most curious about a few things. Do the birthmarks determine the path of life that would make someone the happiest? Are certain shapes common? How exactly is the world "falling apart" (literally, politically, etc.)? Are the dragons seen as gods, or something else? What are the different types of Niagra? Are the fantasy races like D&D races or are they different?

Sorry for all the questions, I just really like idea!

No, I don't mind! Just means you really like the idea. :'D
Do the birthmarks determine the path of life that would make someone the happiest?Are certain shapes common?
No, they don't care much about happiness, they're there to tell you the fullest way to live your life, where your potential is the best, some shapes are common though, people with no real path in life are born without birthmarks.

How exactly is the world "falling apart" (literally, politically, etc.)? Are the dragons seen as gods, or something else?
A bit of both! I'm working out the ideas but each kingdom kind of has its own set of problems, right now someone was helping me plot this out and this is what I got so far with their help:
If we want to go in the route of making the fourth country very religious maybe make it a significant root of the issue? There can be a church that worships x deity, but over time they split up into two groups, one sticking to the old teachings and essentially being the good guys while the second group has become a bit corrupt.

So maybe fraction one worships the dragons, they give the land life, and living creatures their power, fraction to is in search of a deity stronger than dragons, and that results in some ancient magic that backfires horribly on them, and while they scramble to recover they've accidentally ripped a hole into an entirely different world (I.E., Demons), the Dragon's are old and don't have the power to deal with it, most of their power goes in maintaining the natural balance as best as they can with this flub, so they ended up choosing humans who they deemed fit.

But this also answers the other question, dragons are seen as godlike figures!

What are the different types of Niagra? Are the fantasy races like D&D races or are they different
There's a lot of Niagra; the most common that will probably be used in the roleplay is everyday use, magical use, and lore. Everyday use is self-explanatory, it's used for communication, fuel for cars and other things and just to make life easier. Magical Niagra has different properties depending on where it's found, some even being dangerously explosive, they're good at absorbing magic though and are desired by mages to help enhance magical ability. Rare Niagra is clear, allowing someone to adapt to any magical element or even type if they have the skill. The Niagra I marked as lore has only been heard about, but it's essentially crystalized dragon's blood. It has potent magic and can be used by people regardless if they're a mage or not. It helps sharpen senses.

But as long as the DnD character doesn't surpass a Dragon they're fine to add.